Hope this doesn't embarrass you Jen, but I found the best thing to do with the new employee is to size them up with a long hard stare.
希望你不要感到尴尬,珍。因为我发现考量新员工最好的办法就是用眼睛紧紧地盯着他。
So! So. First day! Yes!
那么!怎样。第一天上班?没错!
Scary...? Yes... Don't be scared! Oh I'm not really scared.
害怕吧?是...别怕!其实我也不是很怕。
You should be! Well I'm a little bit scared. What? Don't be!
应该怕!我确实有点小怕啦。啥?别怕!
Make up your mind!
你到底想怎样。
So here you are!
好吧你说!
Yes. I'm really looking forward to...Getting to grips with the...
其实,我很希望能...认真做好...
I'm gonna put you in I.T. Because you said on your CV you had a lot of experience with computers.
我决定把你安排在 IT部门。因为你在简历里说你在电脑方面很有经验。
I did say that on my CV, yes. I have lots of experience with the whole...computer...thing, you know.
我的确在简历里提过,没错。我有着丰富的经验,关于整体的...电脑的... 事儿。
Emails...sending emails, receiving emails, deleting emails...I could go on. Do!
例如电子邮件...发邮件,收邮件,删邮件...除此之外我还会很多。那接着说!
The Web...Using mouse...mices ...using mice. Clicking...double clicking...the computer screen of course, the keyboard...
我会上网... 点鼠标 ...各种鼠标。单击...双击...当然还有显示器、键盘...
The bit that goes on the floor down there... The hard drive? Correct.
那边安在地板上的叫什么来着...硬盘吗?就是它。
Aha! Well, you certainly seem to know your stuff.
啊哈!看来你对你的专业非常熟悉。
That settles. Got a good feeling about you Jen! And they need a new manager.
就这么定了。对你的感觉很不错啊,珍!那边正好缺个新经理。
Oh fantastic! So...the people I'll be working with, what're they like?
太好了!那...要跟我一起工作的同事,他们怎么样?
Standard nerds!
标准的书呆子!