手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋第一季 > 正文

纸牌屋第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第151期:这招很大胆

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Shouldn't you be at the White House?

你不是应该在白宫吗
How could I pass up the chance to eat the best ribs in Washington?
我怎么能错过华盛顿最美味的排骨
Remy told you about Sancorp.
雷米告诉你桑可柏的事了吧
As of closing bell today, I own 3%.
今天收盘的时候,我已经拿到手3%的股份
By the end of next week, I'll own over ten.
下周之后,我就能到手超过10%
Enough to make sure they can't cause me any trouble.
只要确保他们不会给我带来麻烦就够了

A valiant effort, though. I respect that.

不过这招很大胆,我很佩服
So why are we here?
那还叫我干嘛
I told you I'd give you until today to think things over.
我给你时间考虑我的提议,今天是最后期限
I'm a man who keeps my word. And I'm still not interested.
我会信守诺言,而我仍然不感兴趣
You wanted me to be more specific back in St. Louis.
在圣路易斯的时候,你想让我说得更细点
That would be a good start.
那继续说吧
Why did Britain go to war with China 150 years ago?
你知道150年前英国为什么和中国开战
I'm in no mood for riddles.
我没心情猜谜
Humor me a moment.
给我个面子嘛
Opium. It was bigger than opium, Frank.
鸦片,还有更大的原因,弗兰克
That was simply the excuse.
鸦片只是借口
Peking wanted to call the shots instead of the west.
北京想取代西方来发号施令
It's the same problem we're facing now.
我们现在面对的是同样的问题
But nobody wants a trade war, much less a military one.
但不同于军事战争,大家都不想打贸易战
And what's your opium?
你的鸦片是什么
Samarium-149. I need it for my reactors.
149号钐,我的反应堆需要它
China controls 95% of the world's supply.
而中国控制着世界上95%的供应
And you're worried about the imbalance in our currency, our foreign debt...
而你在担心通货不平衡,外国债务…
All of it. You already have the President's ear.
所有的,你不是和总统很熟吗
Trade tariffs are controlled by congress.
可关税还被国会控制着
You have a lot more influence there than Garrett does.
你比加来特的影响力大得多
It's the reason I wanted you to stay there in the first place.
所以我才选你做副总统
And what exactly would you want me to do?
你到底想让我做什么
Well, that part I don't know yet.
其实我也不太清楚
We'll have to wait and see how things play out with the Chinese.
我们得看看中国人的行动
I've already told you I will not do a blank check.
我告诉过你,我从不开空白支票
I must say I'm surprised, Frank.
我感到很惊讶,弗兰克
You have a reputation for pragmatism.
大家都说你很务实
And I also have avoided a reputation for indentured servitude.
但我也不想让大家觉得我是受契约束缚的奴隶
I never make an offer more than twice, Frank.
我的提议从来不会重复第二遍,弗兰克
Tell me now if I can count on your cooperation.
现在告诉我,你到底想不想合作
You're not offering cooperation, you're demanding tutelage.
你并不是要合作,你在要求我提供保护
So let me make you a proposal.
那么我来做个提议
I am absolutely willing to work together as equals.
我很乐意在平等的基础上共同合作
I will take your opinions seriously, just as the President does.
我会和总统一样,认真考虑你的意见
But I will not bind myself to them in advance.
但我不会提前把自己束缚
If that doesn't interest you, fair enough.
如果你不感兴趣,没关系
Good luck finding a vice President in the next four days
希望你运气够好,能在四天之内找到一位
who will prove as pragmatic as I.
像我一般务实的副总统
You can't purchase loyalty, Raymond.
花钱买不到忠诚,雷蒙德
Not the sort I have in mind.
至少买不到我的
If you want to earn my loyalty,
如果你想要我的忠诚
then you have to offer yours in return.
就得拿你自己的来换
And if we can agree to that...
如果我们能做到的话…
Well, you're a man with imagination.
呵呵,那你还真是会异想天开
Wait.
等等
If stamper was there himself,
如果史丹博亲自在场
this goes much deeper than a lost arrest file.
这就远比一档失踪的逮捕文件要复杂得多
Well, let's think about this. What did Russo gain him?
我们来想想,拉索能给他什么好处
A mansion in Harrisburg.
一间哈里斯堡的公寓
Underwood thinks bigger than that.
安德伍德没这么好打发
Then what? I don't know.
那会是什么,我不知道
He controls Pennsylvania.
他控制着宾夕法尼亚州
He has influence in the White House.
他在白宫很有影响力
Walker needs the state for reelection...
而沃克重新竞选需要那个州
No. No, it can't just be Walker.
不不,不可能是沃克
The President backstabbed him
总统在提名国务卿的时候
for the secretary of state nomination.
背叛了他
It has to be something else.
一定还有别的事
The President would owe him.
总统会欠他个人情
But what?
什么人情
They already meet once a week.
他们一周见一次面
The education bill? I mean, what?
教育法案吗,会是什么
What specifically?
具体点的?
He could be after the V.P. nomination.
他可以被提名做副总统
That doesn't make sense, though.
但这说不通啊

重点单词   查看全部解释    
willing ['wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

 
loyalty ['lɔiəlti]

想一想再看

n. 忠诚,忠心

联想记忆
imbalance [im'bæləns]

想一想再看

n. 不平衡,失调

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
supply [sə'plai]

想一想再看

n. 补给,供给,供应,贮备
vt. 补给,供

联想记忆
demanding [di'mændiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 要求多的,吃力的

 
military ['militəri]

想一想再看

adj. 军事的
n. 军队

联想记忆
proposal [prə'pəuzəl]

想一想再看

n. 求婚,提议,建议

联想记忆
pragmatism ['prægmətizəm]

想一想再看

n. 实用主义

 
arrest [ə'rest]

想一想再看

vt. 逮捕,拘留
n. 逮捕,拘留

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。