I'll get you a candle for the table. It's more romantic, hmm?
我给你们拿蜡烛来,会让气氛浪漫点不是么?
I'm not his date!
我们没在约会!
You may as well eat. We might be waiting a long time.
你也吃点吧。我们可能得等上一段时间。
Hmm. Are you going to?
你来点什么吗?
What day is it?
今天星期几?
It's Wednesday.
星期三。
I'm okay for a bit.
暂时不用。
You haven't eaten today. For God's sake, you need to eat!
你一天都没吃东西。老天,你总得吃点!
No, you need to eat. I need to think. The brain's what counts, everything else is transport.
不,你得吃东西,而我得思考。只有大脑才重要,其它不过是运输管道。
You might consider refuelling.
就算是你也得考虑充电啊。
So, do you have a girlfriend who feeds you up sometimes?
那你有没有女朋友时常来给你充充电?
Is that what girlfriends do? Feed you up?
女朋友就是用来充电的吗?
You don't have a girlfriend then?
这么说你没女朋友咯?
It's not really my area.
女人不是我的菜。
Oh, right. Do you have a boyfriend? Which is fine, by the way.
这样啊。那你有男朋友吗?那个,我不介意。
I know it's fine.
我知道你不介意。
So you don't have a boyfriend then?
那你也没男朋友咯?
No.
没有。
Right. Okay. So unattached, like me. Good.
好吧。你无牵无挂,跟我一样。很好。
John, you should know that I consider myself married to my work and while I'm flattered by your interest, I'm really not looking for any kind of...No, no, no.
约翰,你得知道我已经当自己娶了工作为妻,虽然我很感谢你的好意,但我真得没有想要...不不不。
I wasn't asking you out. No. I'm just saying, it's all fine. Whatever shakes your...boat. I'm going to shut up now.
我不是在约你出去。我的意思就是没关系。不管你介意什么。我闭嘴就是。
I think that's for the best.
我想这样最好。
So, you don't do anything?
那你什么都不干吗?
Everything else is transport.
所有其它事不过是运输管道。
No sign yet then?
还没动静吗?
I suppose it is a long shot, we have to be realistic.
本来就希望渺茫,我们得做好心理准备。
You said before you didn't know who the killer was but you knew what.
你说你不知道凶手是谁,却知道他是什么人。
So do you, if you think about it. Why don't people just think?
若你仔细思考的话也能知道,为什么人就不能思考呢?
Oh, because we're stupid.
因为我们蠢嘛。
We know the killer drove his victims but there were no marks of coercion or violence on the bodies.
我们知道被害人坐了凶手的车,但尸体上没有丝毫暴力胁迫的迹象。
Each one of those five people climbed into a stranger's car voluntarily. The killer was someone they trusted. But not someone they knew.
五个受害人都是自愿上了陌生人的车。他们信任那个凶手。但却不是他们认识的人。
Five completely different people, they had no friends in common. And another thing, Lauriston Gardens, did you see it? Twitching curtains, little old ladies.
五个截然不同的人,不可能有共同的朋友。除此之外,在劳瑞斯顿公园,你看到了吗?有一些好事的老妇。
Little old ladies, they're my favourite, better than any security cameras.
我最喜欢老妇了,比任何摄像头都可靠。
But according to the police, no one remembers a strange car parked outside an empty house. Not one person remembered.
但据警方称,没人记得有奇怪车辆停在一间空屋外面,一个都不记得。
I see what you're saying. No, I don't. What are you saying? That the killer's got an invisible car?
我懂了。不,我还是不懂,你说凶手开着一辆隐形车?
Yes. Yes, exactly!
对,一点没错!
Then I definitely don't see what you're saying.
好吧,这下我更不懂了。
There are cars that pass like ghosts, unseen, unremembered.
这车来无影去无踪,丝毫不会引起注意。
There are people we trust, always, when we're alone, when we're lost, when we're drunk.
很容易取得别人都信任,通常当我们落单,迷路或是醉酒的时候。
We never see their faces, but every day we disappear into their cars and let the trap close around us.
我们和他们素不相识,却每天上他们的车,毫无防备地自投罗网。