But sometimes I worry that I'll get to the end of my life feeling I haven't done all I wanted to do.
不过有的时候我会担心,当我走到生命尽头的时候,却发现我想要做的事还没都做过。
Well, what do you wanna do?
哦,那你想要做什么?
Oh, I...I want to paint more, I wanna play my guitar every day. I wanna learn Chinese. I wanna write more songs.
我嘛...我想画更多的画,我想每天弹吉他。我想学中文。我想写更多的歌。
There's so many things I wanna do, and I end up doing not much.
我想做的事太多了,但是最后却没干没多少。
All right, well, let me ask you this: Do you believe in, like...ghosts or spirits?
好吧,那,让我问你这个问题:你相信,比如...鬼或者灵魂什么的吗?
Uh. No. -No? - No.
呃,不信。-不信?-不信。
Okay, what about reincarnation?
好,那投胎呢?
Not at all.
一点不信。
God? -No.
上帝呢?-不信。
All right. -That sounds terrible. No, no, no.
好吧。-那听着也太惨了。不不不。
But, at the same time I don't wanna be one of those people that don't believe in any kind of magic.
不过,同时呢,我不想变成那种不相信任何魔力的人。
So then, astrology?
那你相信占星术吧?
Yes, of course! -There we go. Right, I mean...-I mean, that makes sense, right? -Obviously. -You're a Scorpio, I'm a Sag, we get along.
当然信!-你看吧。对,我是说...-占星术这很有道理,对吧?-很明显嘛。-你是天蝎,我是射手,所以我们合得来。
No, no, no. There's an Einstein quote I really, really like.
没有啦。爱因斯坦说过一句话,我真的很喜欢。
He said, "lf you don't believe in any kind of magic or mystery, basically you're as good as dead."
他说:“如果你不相信任何魔法和神秘的东西,那你就和死人差不多了。”
Yeah, I like that.
是啊,我也喜欢这话。
I've always felt there was some kind of mystical core to the universe, you know.
我总是觉得茫茫宇宙中有些神秘的核心。
But, more recently, I've started to think that...me, you know, my personality, whatever that.
最近我在想有关...我自己,我的性格啊之类的。
I don't have any permanent place here, you know, in eternity or whatever, you know.
我不会永远存留在这个世界上,不会长生不老,你懂吧。
And the more I think that, I can't go through life saying “This is just no big deal.” you know.
我越想到这个,就越觉得不能浑浑噩噩,稀里糊涂的度过人生。
I mean, this is it! This is actually happening.
我是说,现在就是人生!它分分秒秒正在发生着。
What do you think is interesting? What do you think is funny? What do you think is important? You know, every day's our last.
无论是你认为有趣的,还是好玩儿的,或是极为重大的。懂吗,每天都有可能是我们的最后一天。
When I feel that way, I usually call my mom to tell her how much I love her. -Yeah?
每次我一想到这个,我就会打电话给我的妈妈说我有多爱她。-是吗?
And she's always: "Are you okay? Do you have cancer? Are you gonna commit suicide? " It's almost not worth it.
然后她就总问:“你还好吧?你得了癌症吗?你是要去自杀吗?”不至于吧。