请坐,约翰。
You know, I've got a phone. I mean, very clever and all that, but er...you could just phone me. On my phone.
你知道,我有手机。我是说,一切安排得很高明,但是你可以直接打给我。打我手机。
When one is avoiding the attention of Sherlock Holmes, one learns to be discreet, hence this place.
若要避开夏洛克·福尔摩斯的注意就得谨慎些,所以挑了这里。
Your leg must be hurting you. Sit down.
你的腿一定很疼,请坐吧。
I don't want to sit down.
我不想坐下。
You don't seem very afraid.
你看上去并不害怕。
You don't seem very frightening.
因为你看着没那么吓人。
Yes...The bravery of the soldier. Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity, don't you think?
是啊,军人的勇气。勇敢显然是对愚蠢的美化,你觉得呢?
What is your connection to Sherlock Holmes?
你与夏洛克·福尔摩斯是何关系?
I don't have one. I barely know him, I met him...yesterday.
没关系,我对他知之甚少,昨天刚刚结识。
Since yesterday you've moved in with him and now you're solving crimes together. Might we expect a happy announcement by the end of the week?
你们昨天就成为室友,现在又一起查案。那到周末是不是该宣布订婚了?
Who are you? An interested party.
你是什么人?利害相关方罢了。
Interested in Sherlock? Why? I'm guessing you're not friends.
怎么会与夏洛克有瓜葛?你们看起来不像朋友。
You've met him. How many friends do you imagine he has?
您也算对他略知一二,您看他会有什么朋友?
I am the closest thing to a friend that Sherlock Holmes is capable of having.
我与夏洛克·福尔摩斯可谓是几近朋友。
And what's that? - An enemy. - An enemy?
你是他什么人?-敌人?-敌人?
In his mind, certainly. If you were to ask him, he'd probably say his arch-enemy. He does love to be dramatic.
当然在他看来如此。倘若让他来说,算是死敌。他一心让自己引人瞩目。
Well, thank God. You're above all that.
感谢上帝,您也非等闲之辈。
I hope I'm not distracting you.
希望没有让你分神。
Not distracting me at all.
没有。
Do you plan to continue your association with Sherlock Holmes?
你打算继续与夏洛克·福尔摩斯合作吗?
I could be wrong...but I think that's none of your business. It could be. It really couldn't.
就算我错了...此事也与你无关。确实错了。这你不说了算。
If you do move into, erm..... 221B Baker Street, I'd be happy to pay you a meaningful sum of money on a regular basis to ease your way.
如果你执意搬入......贝克街221B,在下愿意定期提供一笔可观的费用以解除你的燃眉之急。
Why?
为何?
Because you're not a wealthy man.
显然你生活不太宽裕。
In exchange for what?
有条件吗?
Information. Nothing indiscreet. Nothing you'd feel...uncomfortable with. Just tell me what he's up to. Why?
情报。无非分请求,不会让你感到为难。只需告知他的近况即可。为何?
I worry about him. Constantly.
鄙人一直惦念他。
That's nice of you.
您的心肠真好。
But I would prefer for various reasons that my concern go unmentioned, we have what you might call a...difficult relationship.
惦念之情中也有一些尚未提及的隐情,我们之间的关系可以说是...错综复杂。