手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 实习生 > 正文

实习生(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第1期:退休后的生活

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Freud said, Love and work. Work and love.

弗洛伊德说过 爱情和工作

That's all there is.

就是生活的全部

Well, I'm retired, and my wife is dead.

我退休了 我的妻子已经过世了

As you can imagine, that's given me some time on my hands.

可想而知 我有了很多的空闲时间

My wife's been gone for three and a half years.

我的妻子已经去世三年半了

I miss her in every way.

我无时无刻都在想念她

退休后的生活.jpg

And retirement? That is an ongoing,

而退休? 则要坚持不懈的努力

relentless effort in creativity.

提升创造力

At first, I admit I enjoyed the novelty of it.

首先 我承认我享受其中的新鲜感

Sort of felt like I was playing hooky.

有点像在逃学一样

I used all the miles I'd saved and traveled the globe.

我用所有省下来的航空英里数去环游世界

The problem was, no matter where I went,

问题是 无论我去了哪里

as soon as I got home, the nowhere-to-be thing

只要我一到家 那种无处可去的感觉

hit me like a ton of bricks.

如千斤重锤般向我袭来

I realized the key

我意识到了

to this whole deal was to keep moving.

这一切的解决方法就是到处走动

Get up, get out of the house, and go somewhere. Anywhere.

早晨起床 走出家门 去到某个地方 任何地方都可以

Come rain or shine, I'm at my Starbucks by 7:15.

无论晴雨 我都会在7:15准时到星巴克

Excuse me, mind if we join you here?

不好意思 我可以坐这里吗?

Hey, how are ya?

嘿 最近怎么样?

Can't explain it,

我也解释不来

but it makes me feel pan' of something.

但这让我觉得我也是其中的一份子

These guys today, they're not numbers guys.

今天要见的人 并不是精于数字的人

Don't talk figures with them.

别跟他们讲数据

How do I spend the rest of my days?

其它时间用来做什么呢?

You name it. Golf, books, movies, pinochle.

做各种事情 高尔夫 读书 看电影 皮纳尔扑克

Tried yoga, learned to cook,

试过瑜伽 学过厨艺

bought some plants, took classes in Mandarin.

买了一些盆栽 上过中文课

Xiang xin wo, wo shen me dou shiguo le.

相信挖 挖什么道试挂了

Translation, Believe me, I've tried everything.

翻译过来就是... 相信我 我什么都试过了

And then, of course, there are the funerals.

然后 当然 也会有葬礼

So many more than I could imagine.

能做的事比我想象得多得多

The only traveling I do these days is out to San Diego

最近我唯一的一次旅行 是去圣地亚哥

to visit my son and his family.

看望我的儿子和他的家人

They're great. I love 'em to pieces.

他们很好 我非常地爱他们

But to be honest, I think I probably relied on them

但是说实话 我想我可能有点

way more than I should.

太过依赖他们

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an unhappy person.

别误会我 我不是那种经常闷闷不乐的人

Quite the contrary.

正相反

I just know there's a hole in my life,

我只知道我的生命中有个空洞

and I need to fill it.

而我需要补好它

Soon.

还得尽快

重点单词   查看全部解释    
relentless [ri'lentlis]

想一想再看

adj. 无情的,冷酷的,残酷的

联想记忆
contrary ['kɔntrəri]

想一想再看

adj. 相反的,截然不同的
adv. 相反(

联想记忆
unhappy [ʌn'hæpi]

想一想再看

adj. 不快乐的,不高兴的

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
penchant ['pentʃənt]

想一想再看

n. 喜好(倾向)

 
innovation [.inəu'veiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 创新,革新

联想记忆
duplication [.dju:pli'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 副本,复制

 
creativity [.kri:ei'tiviti]

想一想再看

n. 创造力,创造

联想记忆
novelty ['nɔvəlti]

想一想再看

n. 新奇,新奇的事物,小装饰

联想记忆
debate [di'beit]

想一想再看

n. 辩论,讨论
vt. 争论,思考

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。