手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 实习生 > 正文

实习生(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第18期:加班时的闲聊

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

I hate eating alone.So do I.

我不喜欢一个人吃东西 我也是
You know, you don't actually have to keep doing that.
你知道的 你不必一直加班
Oh, force of habit.
噢 已经习惯了
Here you go.
给你
Swiped these from the tech fridge.
从技术部冰箱那里偷来的
Oh, nice going.
啊 太棒了
You want a slice?
你要来一片吗
Sure, thanks.
好 谢谢
Cheers.
干杯

加班时的闲聊.jpg

I noticed a couple hours ago,

几个小时前我看到
You had a meeting with another possible CEO.
你见了另一个潜在首席执行官
I saw him arrive. How'd that go?
他来的时候我看见了 结果怎么样
It was going well...
还不错
until he called us...
直到他叫我们
I believe the term he used was a "chick site."
我想他用的名称是 小妞网站
And I didn't hear anything he said after that.
然后他说什么我都听不进去了
Apparently, selling clothes makes us a "chick site."
显然 服装销售让我们成了一个 小妞网站
I mean, really?
我是说 真的吗
How is this not legit?
我们难道不是合法的吗
I couldn't agree more. I find that surprising.
我完全赞同 我也觉得很惊讶
Really? Sexism in business?
是吗 商业中的性别歧视吗
So...
所以
what did you do for work, Ben, before you retired?
你退休之前 是做什么工作的
I was a V.P. For dex one.
我以前是Dex One公司的副总裁
Phonebooks?
做通讯簿的那个吗
Yeah. I was in charge of printing,
是 我主管印刷
And before that I ran sales and advertising.
在那之前 我管理销售和广告
Big jobs.
身兼要职啊
Wasn't this a factory that used to make phonebooks?
好像这个地方以前就是做通讯簿的工厂
No. What?
不会吧 真的吗
Yeah.What?
是真的 真的吗
This is where you worked?
这就是你以前工作的地方
For almost 40 years.
近40年
Yeah.
For twenty-Some years I sat right by that window.
我在那扇窗户边上坐了20几年
That was my office.
以前那里是我的办公室
It was a few steps up back then.
那时候要上楼的
We'd look out over the whole factory.
我们可以纵观整个工厂
Our printing presses were in that corner.
当时我们的印刷机在那个角落
That's why the floor dips back there.
所以那儿的地板有些下沉
No way.
不可能吧
I know everything about this building.
我对这幢建筑了如指掌
Or used to.
至少以前是
You know the sycamores on the other side of the building?
你知道这房子右边的梧桐吗
Yeah. The big ones?
是的 很大的几棵
Yeah. The big ones. I love them.
是 很大 我很喜欢
Yeah. I remember the day they were planted.
我还清晰地记得他们种树的那天
Is it totally weird being back here?
又回到这儿 是不是很奇怪啊
Well, it feels like home.
喔 就像回家一样
It's... remodeled, but...
虽然重新装修过 但
home.
仍然有家的感觉

重点单词   查看全部解释    
chick [tʃik]

想一想再看

adj. 胆小的,懦弱的 n. 小鸡

 
mattress ['mætris]

想一想再看

n. 床垫

联想记忆
slice [slais]

想一想再看

n. 薄片,切片
vt. 切成薄片,削

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。