We used to go for walks, after my mum died, my dad and me.
母亲去世之后 我和父亲经常去散步
Every evening, we'd go out onto the moor.
每天晚上 走去沼地
Good. Skipping to the night that your dad was violently killed, where did that happen?
好吧 快进到你父亲被残杀那天晚上 发生在哪里?
There's a place, it's a sort of local landmark, called Dewer's Hollow.
有这么个地方 算是当地地标 叫德沃谷
That's an ancient name for the devil.
德沃是恶魔的古名
So?
所以呢?
Did you see the devil that night?
你那晚上看到恶魔了吗?
Yes.
是的
It was huge.
体型巨大
Coal-black fur with red eyes.
皮毛乌黑 双目血红
It got him.
它把他扑倒在地
Tore at him, tore him apart.
不停撕咬 将他撕碎
I can't remember anything else.
我只记得这些了
They found me the next morning, just wandering on the moor.
他们第二天早上发现我在沼地游荡
My dad's body was never found.
爸爸的尸体至今未找到
Hm.
嗯
Red eyes, coal-black fur, enormous...
双目血红 毛发乌黑 庞大...
A dog? Wolf?
狗? 狼?
Or a genetic experiment.
或是基因实验品
Are you laughing at me, Mr Holmes?
你在笑我吗 福尔摩斯先生?
Why, are you joking?
怎么 你说笑话了?
My dad was always going on about the things they were doing at Baskerville.
我父亲一直跟我讲 他们在巴斯克维尔做的事情
About the type of monsters they were breeding there.
告诉我他们培育的怪兽
People used to laugh at him.
人们总是笑话他
At least the TV people took me seriously.
至少电视台的人认真对待我
And I assume did wonders for Devon tourism.
我猜也是德文郡旅游业的福音吧
Henry, whatever did happen to your father, it was twenty years ago.
亨利 不管你父亲有怎样的遭遇 都是20年以前的事了
Why come to us now?
怎么现在来找我们呢?
Not sure you can help me, Mr Holmes, since you find it all so funny!
你大概帮不了我 福尔摩斯先生 既然你觉得整件事很可笑
Because of what happened last night.
因为昨晚发生的事
Why, what happened last night?
怎么 昨晚发生什么事了?
How... How do you know?
你...怎么知道?
I didn't know, I noticed.
我不知道 我观察到的
You came up from Devon on the first train this morning.
你今早从德文郡搭首班列车来的
You had a disappointing breakfast and a black coffee.
你吃了糟糕的早餐 喝了黑咖啡
The girl across the aisle fancied you.
隔走道的女孩看上你了
Though initially keen, you've changed your mind.
原本很乐意来往 但你改了主意
You are anxious to have your first cigarette of the day.
你急着想抽今天的第一根烟
Sit down, Mr Knight, and do please smoke.
坐下 奈特先生 随便抽吧
I'd be delighted.
我很乐意的
How on Earth did you notice all that?
你到底是怎么观察到这些的?
It's not important...
这不重要...
Punched out holes where your ticket's been checked.
身上有车票打孔的碎屑
Not now.
不用现在说吧
I've been cooped-up for ages!
拜托 我都憋了好久了
You're showing off.
你这是显摆
I am a show-off, that's what we do.
我这人就是爱显摆 这是我们的专业水平