Dr. Leedbetter: Umm, Ross. May I have a word with you?
罗斯,可以跟你谈谈吗?
Ross: Uh, of course, Donald.
当然,唐诺。
Dr. Leedbetter: We've been getting reports of some very angry behavior on your part.
有同事抱怨你最近脾气火爆。
Ross: What?
什么?
Dr. Leedbetter: Threatening letters, refusal to meet deadlines, apparently people now call you, mental.
写信威胁大家,拒绝按时交报告。还有人说你是疯子!
Ross: Yeah.
是啊。
Dr. Leedbetter: We want you to speak to a psychiatrist.
我们希望你找精神科医生谈谈。
Ross: Oh no, you-you don't understand. Ugh, this is so silly. Umm, this is all just because of a sandwich.
不,你不懂,其实是误会。一切要从我的三明治说起。
Dr. Leedbetter: A-a sandwich?
三明治?
Ross: Yeah. You see my-my sister makes these amazing turkey sandwiches.
我妹妹非常会做火鸡三明治。
Ross: Her secret is, she puts a, an extra slice of gravy soaked bread in the middle; I call it the Moist Maker. Anyway, I-I put my sandwich in the fridge over here...
她的秘诀就是,多夹一片浸过肉汁的面包。我称那片为“多汁秘方”。有一次我把三明治放在冰箱…………
Dr. Leedbetter: Oh, you know what?
你知道吗?
Ross: What?
什么?
Dr. Leedbetter: I-I'm sorry. I, I-I-I believe I ate that.
对不起,应该是我吃掉了。
Ross: You ate my sandwich?
你吃了我的三明治?
Dr. Leedbetter: It was a simple mistake. It could happen to anyone.
我一时看错,谁都可能拿错。
Ross: Oh-oh really? Did you confuse it with your own turkey sandwich with a Moist Maker?
是吗?难道你的三明治也有“多汁秘方”?
Dr. Leedbetter: No, I...
没有……
Ross: Do you perhaps remember seeing a note on top of it?
难道你没看到上面的纸条?
Dr. Leedbetter: There may have been a-a joke or a limerick of some kind.
我以为那是有人开玩笑或是随手写的打油诗。
Ross: That said it was my sandwich!
上面清楚地写着那是我的三明治!
Dr. Leedbetter: Now-now calm down. Come look in my office, some of it my still be in the trash.
你别激动。可以到我办公室找找,可能垃圾筒里还有剩。
Ross: What?
什么?
Dr. Leedbetter: Well, it was quite large. I-I-I-I-I had to throw most of it away.
那个三明治很大,我吃不了就扔掉了。
Ross: You-you-you-you threw my sandwich away! My sandwich? ! My sandwich? !
你……丢掉我的三明治!我的三明治!我的三明治!
Phoebe: Hi!
嗨!
Rachel: Hi! So umm, what's this book about?
嗨,这本书在讲什么?
Phoebe: You didn't read this one either? !
你这本也没看?
Rachel: Well, I was gonna, but I uh, accidentally read something else.
我本来要看,结果看了别的书。
Phoebe: What?
什么?
Rachel: Vogue! Hey, so tell me about this Jane Eyre woman.
“时尚杂志”,这个简·爱是干嘛的?
Phoebe: No! You should've read it yourself!
不行,你应该自己看!
Rachel: Oh come on Phoebe! Don't be such a goodie-goodie!
菲比,别这么假正经嘛!
Phoebe: Fine! Ok, all right, so Jane Eyre, first of all, you'd think she's a woman, but she's not. She's a cyborg.
好吧!简·爱呢……你会以为她是女人,其实不然,她是生化人。
Rachel: A cyborg? ! Isn't that like a robot? !
生化人?就是机器人?
Phoebe: Yeah, this book was light years ahead of its time.
这本书在当时超级先进。
The Teacher: Sorry I'm late. Let's get started. So, what did everybody think about Jane Eyre?
抱歉我迟到了,开始上课吧。大家对简·爱有何感想?
Phoebe: Umm, Rachel and I were just discussing it and she actually had some very interesting insights.
瑞秋刚跟我讨论过,她有些看法非常有趣。
The Teacher: Oh. Well go ahead Rachel.
请说,瑞秋。
Rachel: Uhm, thank you Phoebe. Umm, well, I-uh, what struck me most when reading Jane Eyre, was uh, how the book was so ahead of its time.
谢谢你,菲比。简·爱最让我震惊的就是,这本书非常超前。
The Teacher: If you're talking about feminism, I think you're right.
如果你指的是女性主义,这么说也对。
Rachel: Yeah, well, feminism yes, but also the robots.
当然有写到女性主义,不过还有机器人。
Chandler: Hey.
嗨。
Monica: Hey. Ok, so, umm, since that video camera thing didn't work out uh, I thought that I would give you just a little preview.
嗨,既然上次拍摄不成功,我先给你一点预告片段。
Chandler: You're naked in this picture!
你没穿衣服!
Monica: I know.
我知道。
Chandler: Ross?
罗斯?
Ross: Hey Chandler. Monica!
嗨,钱德,莫妮卡!
Monica: Ross, are you ok?
罗斯,你没事吧?
Ross: I'm fine! I saw a psychiatrist at work today.
我很好!我今天上班去看过精神医生。
Monica: Why?
为什么?
Ross: On account of my rage.
因为我脾气太暴躁。
Chandler: Which if I may say, right now, is out of control.
而且最近越来越严重。
Ross: He gave me a pill for it.
所以他开药丸给我。
Monica: A pill?
药丸?
Ross: Uh-huh. Well, when the psychiatrist told me that I had to take a leave of absence because I yelled at my boss I started to get worked up again, so he offered me a tranquilizer.
医生说我对上司大吼大叫,所以应该请假。我又开始暴跳如雷,所以他要我吃颗镇定剂。
Ross: And I thought it was a good idea. So I took it.
我觉得这主意不错,所以就吃了。
Monica: Wait a minute, they're making you take time off work?
等等,他们逼你请假?
Chandler: And you're ok with that?
而且你也同意?
Ross: I don't know. It's going to be weird not having a job for a while, but I, I definitely don't care about my sandwich.
我不晓得。刚开始不工作可能不习惯,不过我已经不在乎三明治了。
Chandler: Yeah, you know, I hate it when they make me see the shrink at my office.
公司逼我看心理医生时,我也很火大。
Chandler: You know, he's always like "Oh, maybe your colleagues will like you better if you like yourself better." Who needs that?
他老说“如果你多爱自己,同事就会更喜欢你”。谁需要这套垃圾?
Monica: You do.
你需要。
Chandler: I know.
我知道。
Rachel: Ugh, it's just so embarrassing! I can't believe you just let me go on and on and on like that!
我丢脸丢大了,你竟然还让我说下去。
Phoebe: I'm sorry. It was just so funny when you started comparing Jane Eyre to Robocop.
对不起,你把简·爱比做《机械战警》实在太爆笑了。
Rachel: That was not funny!
一点也不好笑!
Phoebe: Well, I snapped! Ok? You weren't taking the class seriously.
我太气了!你根本不想好好上课。
Rachel: Phoebe, come on! What is the big deal? I thought this was gonna be something we could do together! You know, I thought it would be fun!
菲比,这有什么了不起?我以为我们就是一起出去,上课打发时间闹着玩。
Phoebe: Well, yeah! Fun is good, but you know I also wanted to learn.
好玩很重要,但是我也想学点东西。
Phoebe: You know, people are always talking about what they learned in high school and I never went to high school.
大家老说在高中学了什么东西,我却没上过高中。
Rachel: Ohh. Oh, so you really wanted to learn. Yeah, you know, Pheebs, I just wanted to have fun. Ohh, you know who you should go with?
所以你真心想上课,但是我只想找点乐子。你知道你该拉谁去吗?
Monica: I know! I know! I know!
我知道……
The Teacher: Monica, you asked the question.
莫妮卡,问题是你提的。
Rachel: Oh my God! That's Monica!
天啊,是莫妮卡!
Joey: Oh no-no-no! No-no-no-no-no-no-no!
不是这样的……!
Rachel: You get away from me! You sick, sick, sick, sicko!
离我远点,你这个大变态!
Ross: What's going on?
怎么啦?
Rachel: Joey has got a secret peephole!
乔伊是偷窥狂!
Chandler: Oh no! no! no!
天啊……!
Rachel: Yes! He has a naked picture of Monica! He takes naked pictures of us! Then he eats chicken and then he looks at them!
是的,他有莫妮卡的裸照!他拍下我们裸体的样子,还一边吃鸡块一边看!
Rachel: Look!
看!
Ross: Dude! That's my sister!
哦,拜托,这是我妹妹。
Monica: Give me that!
给我!
Phoebe: All right, wait! Just wait. Everybody just calm down. Ok? Let's give our friend Joey a chance to explain why he's such a big pervert!
等一下,大家先别激动。要给我们的朋友乔伊,有机会解释他为何如此病态。
Joey: No! I am not a pervert! Ok? It's just...I just...Kinda...
我不是变态好不好!只是……我……其实……
Chandler: All right, look! Look. I think I can explain this.
大家听我说,我可以帮他解释。
Joey: Thank you!
谢谢!
Chandler: Joey's a sex addict.
乔伊是性爱狂。
Joey: What? No I'm not!
什么?我才不是!
Monica: It's ok! It's good! It's good. It's a disease!
没关系,不怪你!这只是一种病。
Joey: No! No! I am not a sex addict!
胡说,我才不是性爱狂!
Monica: Yes you are! That's the only way to explain all this stuff!
你明明就是!这才能解释最近这一连串的事!
Joey: No it isn't! No, it's not. Because you could also explain it with the truth!
事实不是这样!你也可以说出真相!
Rachel: Well, what is the truth?
什么真相?
Ross: Yeah, what's-what's up?
怎么回事?
Phoebe: Yeah, what's going on?
你在说什么?
Joey: I slept with Monica.
我跟莫妮卡上床了。
Chandler: Well let's...let's see what everybody thinks of that?
听听大家怎么说?
Monica: Oh no!
哦不。
Ross: You slept with my sister?
你跟我妹妹上床?
Joey: Uh yes, but it was, we just did it once uh, in London.
对,只在伦敦发生过一次。
Ross: This is not good for my rage.
这会让我开始抓狂。
Rachel: Monica, is this true?
莫妮卡,是真的吗?
Joey: Of course it's true! How else would you explain all the weird stuff that's been going on?
当然是真的!否则怎么解释这些怪事?
Monica: Yes it's true.
是真的。
Rachel: Ok, but if it only happened that one time, how come we found your underwear in our apartment the other day?
如果只发生过一次,你的内裤怎么会出现在我们那里?
Joey: Ahh- oy! That was the underwear I was wearing that night, in London. Right Monica?
那件内裤是我当天在伦敦穿的。对不对,莫妮卡?
Monica: I guess I wanted to keep it as a souvenir.
我想留下来……当纪念品。
Ross: My God Monica!
天啊,莫妮卡!
Chandler: Are you sure Joe? Are you sure you're not just a sex addict?
你确定,乔伊?你确定你不是性爱狂?
Joey: No! And if anyone's a sex addict here, it's Monica! Yeah. Yeah. She has been trying to get me back in the sack ever since London!
要是有人是性爱狂,那也是莫妮卡。没错,自从我们从伦敦回来,她就想再勾引我上床!
Phoebe: So that's why she gave you a naked picture of herself.
所以她才拍裸照给你。
Joey: That makes sense!
这样说得通!
Rachel: And the video camera?
录影机呢?
Joey: Uhh, Monica?
莫妮卡?
Monica: I guess I set up the video camera to try and entice Joey.
我架好录影机是为了引诱乔伊上钩。
Joey: But sadly I could not be enticed.
可惜我不吃这套。
Phoebe: Oh, Monica, this has to stop now.
莫妮卡,你不能再这样下去。
Monica: I know. I know. I know. I-I will, and I would appreciate it if we all could just, you know, just drop it immediately, and forever.
我知道……不会的,希望大家立刻忘了这件事,以后再也别提起。
Joey: Ok. That is, if you can resist me.
只要你能抵抗我的魅力。
Monica: I'll give it my best shot.
我会尽量努力。
Joey: Good luck.
祝你好运了。
Ross: Unbelievable! I mean you really kept Joey's underwear? ! Why? Why would you do that? !
不可思议,你还留下乔伊的内裤?为什么?你为什么这么做?
Monica: I'm Monica. I'm disgusting. I stalk guys and keep their underpants.
因为我是莫妮卡,生性下流。我会跟踪男人留下他们的内裤。
Joey: Well, I think we've all learned something about who's disgusting and who's not. Eh?
现在终于知道谁是恶心鬼了。
Joey: All right, now, I'm gonna get back to my bucket. I'm only eating the skin, so the chicken's up for grabs.
好了,我要开始吃炸鸡了。我只吃鸡皮,你们可以吃鸡肉。
Phoebe: I really thought you were making a good point. I mean you know, until you got cut off.
你说得很有道理,可惜后来被打断。
A Female Student: No, what's up with that girl Monica?
那个莫妮卡哪里有病啊?
Phoebe: I don't know! I didn't come with her!
谁晓得?我跟她不是一起的。
Monica: Hey everybody! Everybody guess what? I just convinced Carl to give us a test next week!
好消息,各位,你们猜怎么了?我说服卡尔下周考试。
All: Test? !
考试?
Monica: Oh come on! Tests make us all better learners! Oh yeah! We should have essay questions!
开心点,有考试才有进步!对了!应该考考散文方面的题目!