我们去住饭店。
Joey: No you won't.
不行,你们不能去。
Ronni: No we won't.
不行我们不去。
Joey: If you go to a hotel you'll be...doing stuff. I want you right here where I can keep an eye on you.
你们去饭店就一定会做什么,我要你们待在这儿,这样我就可以监视你们。
Mr. Tribbiani: You're gonna keep an eye on us?
你要监视我们?
Joey: That's right, mister, and I don't care how old you are, as long as you're under my roof you're gonna live by my rules.
没错先生,我不管你多大,只要住在我家,—切就得听我的。
And that means no sleeping with your girlfriend.
那就意味着不准和你的女友一起睡觉。
Ronni: Wow. He's strict.
他好严格。
Joey: Now dad, you'll be in my room, Ronni uh, you can stay in Chandler's room.
爸,你睡我房间。Ronni,你睡Chandler 的房间。
Chandler: And Chandler would be?
那么Chandler睡在哪里?
Joey: Out here with me, bunking up on a hideabed.
和我睡客厅,搭沙发床。
Chandler: Oh, bunking up, if you smell smokes, don't be alarmed.
哦!搭床铺,如果闻到烟味,不要报警。
Ronni: Thanks. You're, uh, you're a good kid.
谢谢,你真是个好孩子。
Chandler: Come on, I'll show you to my room.... That sounds so weird when it's not followed by, "No, it's late."
来,我带你去看我房间。你没说“不,谢了,时候不早了”可真奇怪。
Joey: Okay. Now this is just for tonight. Starting tomorrow, you gotta make a change. Six years is long enough.
只有今晚,明天你就得做出改变,6年已经够久了。
Mr. Tribbiani: What kinda change?
什么改变?
Joey: Well, either you break it off with Ronni
要么和Ronni分手……
Mr. Tribbiani: I can't do that!
我办不到。
Joey: Then you gotta come clean with Ma! This is not right!
要么就向妈澄清,这是不对的……
Mr. Tribbiani: Yeah...but this...
可是这……
Joey: I don't wanna hear it! Now go to my room!
我不想听,快进我房里去!
Chandler: Hey, Kicky. What're you doing?
别踢了,你在干什么?
Joey: Just trying to get comfortable. I can't sleep in my underwear.
找寻舒适的位置,穿着内裤我睡不着。
Chandler: Well, you're gonna.
你非穿不可。
Joey: I've been thinking. You know, about how I'm always seeing girls on top of girls...
我一直在想… 我总是交往一堆又一堆女孩儿。
Chandler: Are they end to end, or tall like pancakes?
她们是首尾相接或是像煎饼一样高?
Joey: You know what I mean, about how I'm always going out with all these women. And I always figured, when the right one comes along, I would be able to be a standup guy and go the distance, y'know?
懂我意思吗?我和这些女人约会,我想当对的人出现时,我能成为一个可靠的男人,并且坚持下去。
Joey: Now I'm looking at my dad, thinking...
但看下我老爹……
Chandler: Hey, you're not him. You're you. When they were all over you to go into your father's pipefitting business, did you cave?
你不是他,你是你。当你家里人都劝你接受你爸爸的管道配件工作,你有屈服了吗?
Joey: No.
没有。
Chandler: No. You decided to go into the outofwork actor business. Now that wasn't easy, but you did it! And I would like to believe that when the right woman comes along; you will have the courage and the guts to say "No thanks, I'm married."
没有。你决心当接不到活儿的演员,这不是一件容易的事但你办到了。我也相信对的人出现时,你会勇敢地对她说“不,谢谢,我已经结婚了。”
Joey: You really think so?
你真是这么想的吗?
Chandler: Yeah. I really do.
确实如此。
Joey: Thanks, Chandler.
谢谢你,Chandler.
Chandler: Get off.
滚开!
Monica: Hi... May I help you?
你好,有什么事吗?
Ronni: Yeah, uh, Joey said I could use your shower, since, uh, Chandler's in ours?
Joey说我能用你的浴室,因为Chandler 正在用我们的。
Monica: Okay...who are you?
好的,你是谁?
Ronni: Oh, I'm Ronni. Ronni Rappelano? The mistress?
我是Ronni. Ronni Rappelano,那个情妇。
Monica: Oh, come on in
请进。
Ronni: Thanks.
谢谢。
Rachel: Hi, I'm Rachel. Bathroom's up there. Hey, listen, Ronni, how long would you say Chandler has been in the shower?
你好,我叫Rachel。浴室在那儿,Ronni,Chandler进浴室多久了?
Ronni: Oh, like, uh, five minutes?
好像五分钟吧。
Rachel: Perfect. Fasten your seat belts, it's peepee time.
太好了,请系好安全带,“小弟弟”时间到了。
Rachel: Hey, Mr. Trib.
早,Trib先生。
Mr. Tribbiani: Hey. Morning, dear.
早安,亲爱的。
Rachel: Chandler Bing? It's time to see your thing.
Chandler Bing,该我看你的小弟弟了。
Joey: What's the matter with you? !
你是怎么搞的?
Rachel: I thought it was Chandler
我以为是Chandler。
! Chandler: What? what?
怎么啦?怎么啦?
Rachel: You were supposed to be in there so I'd see your thing!
你应该在浴室,这样我才能看见你的小弟弟。
Chandler: Sorry, my my thing was in there with me.
抱歉,我的小弟弟和我在那儿。
Monica: How's it going?
过得怎么样?
Phoebe: Good. Oh oh! Roger's having a dinner thing and he wanted me to invite you guys. So what's going on?
不错,Roger想邀大家一起吃晚餐。怎么了?
Monica: Nothing, um, it's just, um... It's Roger.
没事,只是…他是Roger。
Ross: I dunno, there's just something about...
我说不上来,关于他的有些事…
Chandler: Basically we just feel that he's...
基本上我们认为他…
Rachel: We hate that guy. –
我们讨厌这家伙。
All: Yeah. Hate him.
是的,讨厌他。
Ross: We're sorry, Pheebs, we're sorry.
很抱歉,Pheebs,很抱歉。
Phoebe: Uhhuh. Okay. Okay, don't you think, maybe, though, it's just that he's so perceptive that it freaks you out?
是不是他太观察入微吓到你们了?
All:... No, we hate him.
不,我们讨厌他。
Rachel: We're sorry.
我们很抱歉。
Joey: Ma! What're you doing here?
嗨,妈妈,你怎么来了?
Mrs. Tribbiani: I came to give you this and this.
我拿这个来给你,还有这个。
Joey: Oww!
嗷!
Joey: Big ring!
你手上的大戒指。
Mrs. Tribbiani: Why did you have to fill your father's head with all that garbage about making things right? Things were fine the way they were! There's chicken in there, put it away. For God's sake, Joey! Really.
你为何要往你爸爸脑袋里灌输一堆“改正错误”的垃圾思想?一切原本就很好。里面有鸡肉,拿去放着,拜托,乔依,真的。
Joey: Hold on, youyou knew?
慢着,你都知道?
Mrs. Tribbiani: Of course I knew! What did you think? Your father is no James Bond. You should've heard some of his cover stories. "I'm sleeping over at my accountant's," I mean, what is that? Please!
我当然知道,你认为呢?,你爸又不是詹姆士庞德,你应该听一听他编造的故事。“我在会计这儿睡”, 那是什么?拜托!
Joey: So then how could you I mean, how could you? !
那么你怎么能?你怎能…
Mrs. Tribbiani: Do you remember how your father used to be?
记得你爸以前的模样吗?
Mrs. Tribbiani: Always yelling, always yelling nothing made him happy, nothing made him happy, not that wood shop, not those stupid little ships in the bottle, nothing. Now he's happy. I mean, it's nice. He has a hobby.
总是大吼大叫,没能让他开心的,那个小木屋商店,那个愚蠢的瓶中船,没东西能让他开心。但现在他开心了,这样也好,他总算有个嗜好。
Joey: Ma, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but...what the hell are you talking about? I mean, what about you?
妈,恕我直言,你到底在说什么?我是说,你怎么办?
Mrs. Tribbiani: Me? I'm fine. Look, honey, in an ideal world, there'd be no her, and your father would look like Sting. And I'll tell you something else. Ever since that poodlestuffer came along, he's so ashamed of himself that he's been more attentive. He's been more loving. It's like every day is our anniversary.
我?我很好啊,听着,在理想的世界中没有她,你爸也长得和史汀一样帅。再告诉你别的,自从那个头发像贵宾狗一样的女人出现后,他感到内疚而开始对我又细心又关心,每天都像我们的结婚纪念日。
Joey: I'm...happy...for you?
我该为你高兴?
Mrs. Tribbiani: Well don't be, because now everything's screwed up. I just want it the way it was.
不需要,因为现在全搞砸了,我只想一起照旧。
Joey: Ma, I'm sorry. I just did what I thought you would want.
妈,对不起,我以为自己做了你想做的事。
Mrs. Tribbiani: I know you did, cookie. Oh, I know you did. So tell me. Did you see her?
我知道,告诉我,你见过她没?
Joey: Yeah. You're ten times prettier than she is.
你比她漂亮10遍。
Mrs. Tribbiani: That's sweet. Could I take her?
嘴巴真甜,我能斗得过她吗?
Joey: With this ring? No contest.
你有戒指,她斗不过的。
Phoebe: Oh no, don't ever do that, ever!
噢,不,永远不要这么做。
Roger: what?
什么?
Phoebe: I am sorry, I just, I have a thing, which means you can not ever do that.
抱歉,我只是,我有点儿忌讳,就是你永远都不可以再这么做。
Roger: What's wrong, sweetie?
怎么了,亲爱的。
Phoebe: Nothing, nothing.
没事,没事。
Roger: Aaaah, what's wrong, come on.
到底怎么了?快说嘛。
Phoebe: Okay. It's, I mean, it's nothing, I'm fine. It's just ehhh. . It's my friends. Theythey have a liking problem with you. In that, um, they don't.
好吧,我…没事,问题出在我朋友身上。他们不怎么喜欢你他们…他们不。
Roger: Oh. They don't
哦,他们不。
Phoebe: But you know, they don't see all the wonderfulness that I see. you know? They don't see all the good stuff and all the sweet stuff. they just think you're a little...
他们看不见你的好处,我看得见。他们看不见你好的一面,他们认为你有点……
Roger: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Intense and creepy.
难以相处。
Roger: Oh.
好吧。
Phoebe: But I don't. Me, Phoebe.
但我不,Phoebe不这么认为。
Roger: Well, I'm not I'm not at all surprised they feel that way.
我对他们的反应并不感到惊讶。
Phoebe: You're not? See, that's why you're so great!
你不惊讶?这就是我欣赏你的地方。
Roger: Actually it's, it's quite, you know, typical behavior when you have this kind of dysfunctional group dynamic. You know, this kind of codependent, emotionally stunted...sitting in your stupid coffeehouse, with your stupid big cupswhich I'm sorry might as well have nipples on them. And you're all like, "Oh, define me! Define me! Love me! I need love!"
其实这是典型的群体动力失调反应,这种相互依赖,情绪受阻,坐在你们的烂咖啡屋,拿着又大又蠢的咖啡杯,可悲的是或许还有乳头在上面。你们都会说:“快定义我这个人,定义我!爱我,我需要爱!”
Monica: So you talked to your dad, huh.
你和你爸谈过了?
Joey: Yeah. He's gonna keep cheating on my ma like she wanted, My mum's gonna keep pretending she doesn't know even though she does, And my sister, Tina, can't see her husband any more. because he got a restraining order... Which has nothing to do with anything, except that I found out today.
他要如我妈所愿,继续欺骗她。我妈要继续假装她一无所知,我妹Tina不能再见她丈夫,因为他接到禁制令。这两件事没关系,但我今天才听说。
Rachel: Wow.
天哪。
Chandler: Things sure have changed here on Waltons Mountain.
Waltons一家(电视剧名)发生了许多变故。
Ross: So Joey, you okay?
Joey,你没事吧?
Joey: Yeah, I guess. It's just...you know they are parents, after a certain point, you gotta let go. Even if you know better, you've gotta let them make their own mistakes.
或许吧,他们是父母,到了一个度,你不得不顺其自然,即使你知道这样怎么做更好,但你还是得让他们犯自己的错误
Rachel: Just think, in a couple of years we get to turn into them.
而且几年后我们就和他们一样。
All: Oh, please.
噢,拜托。
Chandler: If I turn into my parents, I'll either be an alcoholic blond chasing after twentyyearold boys, or...I'll end up like my mom.
如果我像我父母一样,我不是变成嗜酒的追逐二十岁小男孩的金发美女,就是变得和我妈一样。
Phoebe: Hey.
嗨。
All: Hey, Pheebs.
你好,Pheebs。
Monica: How's it going?
怎么样?
Phoebe: Oh, okay, except I broke up with Roger.
还好,我跟Roger分手了。
All: Oh...
哦。
Phoebe: Yeah, right.
是的,对
All: Noooo, Aaawwwwww! !
不不不,噢
Rachel: What happened?
怎么了?
Phoebe: I don't know, I mean, he's a good person, and he can be really sweet, and in some ways I think he is so right for me, it's just...I hate that guy! Hey, Joey. What's going on?
我说不上来,他的个好人而且对我很体贴,他的某些方面很适合我,只是…我讨厌这个人。嗨,Joey,怎么了?
Joey: Clear the tracks for the boobie payback express. Next stop: Rachel Green.
为报复偷看高速,清理道路,下一站Rachel Green。
Monica: Joey! ! What the hell were you doing?
Joey,你在干什么?
! Joey: Sorry. Wrong boobies.
对不起,看错胸脯了。
Monica: Hello, Joey.
你好啊Joey。
Mr. Tribbiani: Oh!... Hello, dear.
哦,你好啊,亲爱的!