手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第一季 > 正文

老友记 第1季:第15集:了不起的厨师(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Rachel: Coffee.

咖啡。
Joey: Thank you.
谢谢。
Rachel: Cappuccino.
卡布其诺。
Ross: Grazie.
谢谢(意大利语)。
Rachel: And a nice hot cider for Monica.
Monica的热苹果酒。
Monica: Aww, thank you. Uh Rach?
噢,谢谢。瑞秋?!
Rachel: Yeah?
怎么了?
Monica: Why does my cinnamon stick have an eraser?
Rachel为何我的肉桂棒上有橡皮擦?
Rachel: Oh! That's why. Sorry.
这就是原因,对不起!
Woman: Chandler?
Chandler?
Chandler: Mrs. Tedlock. You're looking lovely today. May I say, that is a very flattering sleeve length on you?
Tedlock小姐,你今天真漂亮!我能说这件衣服的袖长真适合你吗?
Mrs. Tedlock: Yes. Well, Mr. Kostelick wants you to stop by his office at the end of the day.
当然。制片人Kostelick先生希望你在下班后能到他办公室去。
Chandler: Oh, listen. If this is about those prank memos, I had nothing to do with them. Really. Nothing at all. Really. Nothing. And frankly, I don't think those kind of shenanigans have place in an office environment.
如果他是为搞笑备忘录的话,不是我干的,真的不是我。坦白地说,我认为办公室里没有地方容纳这些恶作剧。
Phoebe: Hey you guys! Chandler's coming and he says he has, like, this incredible news, so when he gets here, we could all act like, you know... Never mind. But it was going to be really good.
各位,Chandler来了,说他有天大好的消息。他来的时候,我们可以……你们知道的……算了,但一定是好消息。
Ross: What's going on?
到底怎么了?
All: What is it?
是什么好消息?
Chandler: So, it's a typical day at work. I'm inputting my numbers, and big Al calls me into his office and tells me he wants to make me processing supervisor.
今天和平常没什么两样,我在输人数字时,艾尔叫我到他办公室,说他要我当运行主管。
All: That is great!
真是太好了!
Oh, my God. Congratulations!
噢,天呐,恭喜!
Chandler: So.... I quit.
所以我就辞职了。
All: Why?
为什么?
Chandler: Why? This was supposed to be a temp job!
为什么?那就是说我成了临时雇员!
Monica: Yeah, Chandler...you've been there for five years.
Chandler,你已在公司五年了。
Chandler: If I took this promotion, it would be like admitting that this is what I actually do.
我知道,但接受升职不就承认这就是我的目的。
Joey: Oh, man, does that mean we have to start buying our own toilet paper?
这是不是意味着我们必须自己开始买手纸?
Ross: That was Joey Tribbiani with the big picture, Dan?
那是有大照片的Joey,Dan?
Monica: So was it a lot more money?
这那不是能赚更多钱?
Chandler: It doesn't matter. I just don't want to be one of those guys that's in his office until twelve o'clock at night worrying about the WENUS.
我不在乎,我不想成为坐在办公室到午夜,担心"WENUS"的人。
Rachel:...the WENUS?
担心WENUS?
Chandler: Weekly Estimated Net Usage Systems. A processing term. .
"按周估值使用系统"这是电脑处理的术语。
Rachel: Oh. That WENUS.
那个啊!
Joey: So what're you going to do?
所以你是想怎么做?
Chandler: I don't know. That's the thing. I don't know what I want to do. I just know I'm not going to figure it out working there.
我不知道,我也不知道该怎么办,我只知道我不会再待在那儿工作了!
Phoebe: Oooh! I have something you can do! I have this new massage client... Steve. Anyway, he's opening up a restaurant and he's looking for a head chef.
我有一份你可以做的工作。我的新按摩客户Steve,他开了一家餐厅,他正在寻找总厨师。
Monica: Hi, there.
你好
Phoebe: Hi.
你好。
Phoebe: Hi! Oh, yeah, no, I know. You're a chef. I know, and I thought of you first, but um... Chandler's the one who needs a job right now, so....
我知道你是个厨师,而且我先想到你,但是……但钱德目前没有工作所以……
Chandler: Yeah...I just don't have a lot of chefing experience. Unless it's an alltoast restaurant.
我没有太多厨师的经验,除非那是一家只卖土司的餐厅。
Monica: What, what kind of food is he looking for?
他想要什么菜色?
Phoebe: Well, he wants to do something eclectic, so he's looking for someone who can, you know, create the entire menu.
他想要菜色丰富多变,因此他在找一个能创造出整个菜单的人。
Monica: Oh my God! Phoebe: Yeah, I know! So, what do you think?
哦,天啊!对,我知道。意下如何?
Chandler: Thanks, Phoebe. But I just don't really see myself in a big white hat.
谢了,我只是觉得自己还没有资格当厨师。
Phoebe: OK. Oh Monica! Guess what?
好吧。噢,Monica,你猜怎么着?
a perfect runup and there he goes, a perfect......
一个完美的积累,然后就自然而然出现了,完美的...
Ross: Watch something like this and you realize why evolution is just a theory.
看看这个,你就知道为什么进化仅仅是理论上的事情。
Chandler: Can you see my nipples through this shirt?
你能透过衬衫看见我的乳头吗?
Rachel: No. But don't worry, I'm sure they're still there.
看不见,但别担心,它们还在。
Phoebe: Where are you going, Mr. SuityMan?
你要上哪儿去,西装笔挺先生?
Chandler: Well, I have an appointment to see Dr. Robert Pillman, career counselor agogo. I added the "agogo."
我和求职顾问罗伯提曼博士有约, agogo是我加的。
Rachel: Career counselor?
求职顾问?
Chandler: Hey, you guys all know what you want to do.
你们都知道自己想要做什么。
Rachel: I don't!
我不知道!
Chandler: Hey, you guys in the living room all know what you want to do. You know, you have goals. You have dreams. I don't have a dream.
在客厅里的各位全都找到人生方向。你们有目标,有梦想,但我却没有梦想。
Ross: Ah, the lesserknown "I don't have a dream" speech.
少见的"我没有梦想"演说。
Monica: Oh, I love my life, I love my life!
我爱我的人生,我爱我的人生!
Phoebe: Ooh! Brian's Song!
喔!布莱恩的歌!
Rachel: The meeting with the guy went great?
见面的结果好吗?
Monica: So great! He showed me where the restaurant's going to be. It's this, it's this cute little place on 10th Street. Not too big, it's not too small. It's just right.
相当顺利。他给我看了未来餐厅的位置。就在第十街上的小巧的一个地方。不太大也不太小,大小适中!
Chandler: Was it formerly owned by a blonde woman and some bears?
前任老板是金发女人和几只熊吗?
Monica: So anyway, I'm cooking dinner for him Monday night. You know, kind of like an audition. And Phoebe, he really wants you to be here, which will be great for me because then you can 'ooh' and 'ahh' and make yummy noises.
总之周一我们要煮一餐让他品尝,有点像是面试。菲比,他也要你在场,这样对我有利!因为你可以发出好吃的赞叹声!
Rachel: What are you going to make?
你打算做什么?
Phoebe: Yummy noises. And Monica, what are you going to make?
发出好吃的声音。摩妮卡,你要做什么菜?
Monica: I don't know. I don't know. It's just going to be so great!
我不知道,我不知道,但一定会很棒的。
Phoebe: Oh, I know what you can make! I know! Oh, you should make that thing, you know, with the stuff. You know that thing with the stuff? Okay, I don't know.
我知道你可以做什么了! 我知道!你应该用那些东西做这个。你知道用那些东西做的这个?好吧,我也不知道。
Ross: Hey, guys, does anyone know a good date place in the neighborhood?
各位,谁知道附近有约会的绝佳地点?
Joey: How about Tony's? If you finish a 32ounce steak, it's free.
东尼餐厅如何?吃下32盎斯的牛排就免费。
Ross: OK, hey, does anyone know a good place if you're not dating a puma?
谁知道哪儿有不是跟美洲狮约会的好地方?
Chandler: Who are you going out with?
你要和谁约会?
Phoebe: Oh, is this the bug lady?
是昆虫女?
Rachel: "I love you, Ross."
"我爱你,罗斯"
Ross: Her name is Celia and she's not a bug lady, she's a curator of insects at the museum.
她叫希莉亚,不是昆虫女, 她是昆虫博物馆的主任。
Monica: What are you gonna do?
你们打算如何共渡?
Ross: Go out to dinner, then, maybe bring her back to my place and introduce her to my monkey.
出去吃晚餐,然后带她回我的住处,介绍我的猴子给她认识。
Chandler: And he's not speaking metaphorically.
他没用暗示。
Joey: So back to your place? You thinking maybe....
回你的住处?你想……
Ross: Well, I don't know....then, I'm hoping....
我不知道……我希望……
Joey: Tell you, that monkey is a chick magnet. She's gonna take one look at his furry, cute, little face and it'll seal the deal.
告诉你,那猴子是魅力十足。她看见它那毛绒绒可爱的小脸 ,然后一切就搞定。
Ross: Celia, don't worry. He's not gonna hurt you! Soothing tones, Celia, soothing tones. OK. I'm sorry, I'm sorry .Here, Marcel.
希莉亚,别担心,它不会伤害你的。用安抚的语调,希莉亚,安抚的语调。好的,对不起,对不起。过来,马修。
Celia: I can't stand this. He's got his claws on my.
我受不了了。它的爪子在我的……
Yeah, all right.
好,好了。
Monica: Okay, try this salmon mousse.
试试这鲑鱼慕斯。
Joey: Good.
好吃。
Monica: Yeah? Is it better than the other salmon mousse?
比其他的鲑鱼慕斯好吃?
Joey: It's creamier.
更滑更柔。
Monica: Yeah? Well, is that better?
是吗?这样更好?
Joey: I don't know. We're talking about whipped fish, Monica. I'm just happy I'm keeping it down.
我不知道。我们在谈一条搅成泡沫的鱼。我能不吐出来就已经不错了。
Phoebe: God, what happened to you?
天啊,你怎么了?
Chandler: Eight and a half hours of aptitude tests...,intelligence tests, personality tests, and what do I learn? "You're suited for data processing for a large multinational corporation."
8个半小时的性向测验, 智力测验,个性测验,我了解了什么?你适合在大型跨国公司资料处理部门方面发展。
Phoebe: That's so great! 'Cause You already know how to do that.
这太好了 !因为你已知道该如何做了。
Chandler: Can you believe it? Don't I seem like somebody who should be doing something cool? ? You know, I just always pictured myself doing something.... Something!
你们能相信吗?我不像是做那种酷工作的人吗?我总是想像自己能做点事情。某些事情!
Rachel: Chandler, I know, I know. Hey, you can see your nipples through this shirt.
钱德,我知道,我知道。嗨,你可以透过你的衬衫看自己的乳头。
Monica: Here you go. Maybe this will cheer you up.
给你这个,或许这个能让你开心点。
Chandler: Woo, you know, umm, I had a grape about five hours ago, so I better split this with you.
哦,呃,5小时前我吃了一颗葡萄,所以我最好该和你分着吃。
Monica: It's supposed to be small. It's a preappetizer. The French call it an amusebouche.
它本来就应该那么小 ,这是餐前开胃菜。法国人称它为"阿姆兹布许"。
Chandler: Well, it is amusing.
这简直是太神奇了。
Monica: Hello? Hi, Wendy. Yeah, 8:00. What did we say, $10 an hour? Okay, great. All right, I'll see you then. Bye.
温蒂,对,八点。我们不是说过吗?每小时十块。很好,再见了。
Rachel: $10 an hour for what?
什么每小时十块?
Monica: Oh, yes. One of the waitresses at work, she helps me.
我请餐厅里的女服务生帮忙。
Rachel: Waitressing?
服务生?
Monica: Of course I thought of you. But.... But....but...
当然我考虑过你。但是……但是…
Rachel: but?
但是什么?
Monica: But it's just this night has to go just perfect, you know? Well, Wendy's more of a professional waitress.
但是这今晚一定要做到完美,你知道吗?温蒂的经验丰富,是个职业服务生。
Rachel: I see. Yes. And I'm sort of maintaining my amateur status so I can waitress in the Olympics.
我应该继续保持业余的姿态,将来才能在奥运会上当服务生。
Chandler: You know, I don't mean to brag, but I waited tables at lnnsbruck in '76. Took home a bronze. Amusebouche?
我不想自吹自擂, 但我在76年的因斯布鲁克当过服务生。带回家一块铜牌。阿姆兹布许?
Celia: Talk to me.
和我说话。
Ross: Ok, err, A weird thing happened on the train this morning
好的,额,早上我坐地铁时 发生了一件诡异的事。
Celia: Talk dirty. Come on. Say something hot. What? What?
说猥亵的话。说吧,说点火辣的。什么?什么?
Ross: Vulva.
外阴。
Joey: Vulva?
外阴?
Ross: All right. I panicked, all right? She took me by surprise. You know, but it wasn't a total loss. I mean, we ended up cuddling.
好吧,我当时好害怕,她吓了我一跳。但并未完全失去自我,我们以爱抚收场。
Joey: You cuddled? How many times?
爱抚?几次?
Ross: Shut up. It was nice. I just, I just don't think I'm a dirtytalking kind of guy. You know.
闭嘴,那种感觉好好。我不是那种讲猥亵话的人, 你是知道的。
Joey: That's a big deal. you just say what you wanna do to her. Or what you want her to do to you. Or what other people might be doing to each other. I'll tell you what. Try something on me.
你只要说出你想对她如何。 或是你想她对你如何。或是别人想对彼此如何。这样吧,对我说吧。
Ross: Please be kidding.
希望你是玩笑的。
Joey: Why not? Come on. Just close your eyes and tell me what you'd like to be doing right now.
有何不可? 说呀。只要闭上眼睛告诉我现在你想干什么。
Ross: OK, I'm in my apartment...
好的…… 我在我的住处……
Joey: Yeah, what else?
好,还有呢?
Ross: Let's see it. In my apartment you're not there. We're not having this conversation.
是这样的,你不在我的住处,我们也没在进行这样的谈话。
Joey: All right, look, I'll start. OK?
好的,我要开始了。
Ross: Don't, please.
别,别。
Joey: Come on, come on, Ready? Look. Oh, Ross... you get me so hot. I want your lips on me now. All right. Now you say something.
来吧,准备好了吗?噢,罗斯…… 你让我欲火焚身,我要你舔我。该你了 。
Ross: I really don't think so.
我看还是算了吧。
Joey: You like this woman, right?
你喜欢她吧?
Ross: Yeah!
是的。
Joey: You wanna see her again, right?
想再见到她吗?
Ross: Sure.
当然。
Joey: If you can't talk dirty to me, how will you talk dirty to her? Now tell me you wanna caress my butt!
如果你无法对我说出狠亵的话,你如何对她说呢?说你想爱抚我的屁股。
Ross: Okay, turn around. I just don't want you staring at me when I'm doing this.
好吧,转过去。我不想在我说的时候你盯著我看。
Joey: All right, I'm not looking. Go ahead.
好吧,我不看,说吧。
Ross: Okay. Ok. I want Okay, I want...to feel your hot, soft skin with my lips.
好的。我要…… 用我的双唇感觉你那光滑的皮肤。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
evolution [.i:və'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 进化,发展,演变

联想记忆
chef [ʃef]

想一想再看

n. 厨师,主厨

联想记忆
caress [kə'res]

想一想再看

n. 爱抚,拥抱
v. 爱抚,抱,怜爱

联想记忆
amateur ['æmətə:]

想一想再看

adj. 业余(爱好者)的
n. 业余爱好者,

 
promotion [prə'məuʃən]

想一想再看

n. 晋升,促进,提升

联想记忆
audition [ɔ:'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 听,听力,试听

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
chick [tʃik]

想一想再看

adj. 胆小的,懦弱的 n. 小鸡

 
curator [kjuə'reitə]

想一想再看

n. (博物馆、展览馆等的)馆长,主持

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。