Joey: That's it? You're-you're gonna let me do this? ! This-this is my career we're talking about here!
就这样?你真要让我这样做?这事关我的职业生涯耶!
Ross: But, you just...
可是你说……
Joey: I just said that so you wouldn't let Ben do it! Look, Ross, if anyone should step aside, it should be Ben!
我是要你说出让班退出!罗斯,如果真有人要退出,那也应该是班!
Ross: What? !
什么?
Joey: What? Chandler! Tell him!
钱德,告诉他为什么!
Chandler: Well I mean, let me get the door first. Oh, hi! No one.
我先去开门。没有人,你好!
Ross: Why should Ben step aside? It was his audition in the first place! You-you just tagged along! You're like the uh, tag-along dad.
班为什么应该退出?这原本就是他的试镜。你是跟过去的,就像是追随者父亲!
Joey: At least I care about his feelings!
起码我有顾虑到班的感受!
Ross: Wh-y, what? !
什么?
Joey: Do you know how hard this is gonna be on him when he doesn't get it?
你知道万一他没通过试镜,到时他会有多难过吗?
Ross: And why wouldn't he get it?
那他又为什么不会通过?
Joey: Oh, come on! Have you seen what my kid can do? ! Huh? ! I mean he dials phones! He-he-he eats tortillachips! He-he plays soccer with the cartoon tiger!
得了吧?你有没有看过,跟我同组的小子有多厉害?他会拨电话、吃墨西哥脆片。还会与卡通老虎踢足球!
Ross: Are you saying your kid eats soup better than my kid?
你是说你的小子喝汤,比我儿子厉害?
Joey: You just give him a spoon baby!
你儿子才刚学会喝汤呢!
Ross: Oh yeah? I guess we'll see!
是吗?我们走着瞧!
Joey: Yeah! Because this commercial belongs to me, and Mitch!
好啊,这支广告片的主角,非我和米契莫属!
Ross: You're kid's name is Raymond!
你的孩子叫做雷蒙。
Joey: Yeah? ! So's yours!
对,你的也是!
Monica: How did work go?
有没有用?
Rachel: Oh it was great! It was great! I went down there just like you said, you know? And we talked business. And Kim totally took my opinions.
很棒……我听你们的建议,去她们抽烟的地方。我们讨论到了生意,金完全接受我的意见。
Monica: You stink!
你浑身烟味!
Rachel: Thanks!
多谢!
Monica: No, I'm-I'm serious!
我是说真的!
Rachel: Well-well that's just Cause I went down there and they were all smoking. This is actually the smell of success.
因为那里的人全都在抽烟,这其实是成功的味道。
Chandler: Ok, there's something different though- Oh my God! You smoked!
不过有点怪怪的,天啊,你有抽烟!
Rachel: I did not!
我没有!
Chandler: Yes you did! You look happy and sick; you smoked!
才怪,你看起来生病又快乐,你一定有抽烟!
Rachel: All right, fine! But I had to! I had to do it for my career!
好啦……我有抽,为了事业不得已。
Chandler: I wish I had smoked for my career...
多么希望我也能为了事业而吸烟……
Monica: That's so gross!
这样很恶心耶!
Rachel: No well, no it's not that bad, you know? It's, I mean yeah, my tongue feels a little fuzzy and thesefingers sort of smell, I actually feel like I can throw up.
没那么糟啦!虽然舌头有点打结,手指也有点怪味。其实我感觉快吐了。
Monica: Can you hear yourself?
你知道自己在说什么吗?
Rachel: I know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I-I-I'm not myself. I-I-I smoked like half a pack. I feel a little shaky and a little weird.
我知道……我也很后悔。我脱离了自我,抽了半包烟,感觉怪怪的,还在发抖。
Chandler: Ok, but you gotta push past this ok? Because it is about to get so good!
好,但你一定要撑过这一关,接下来就会是快乐无比了。
Monica: Chandler! Oh, I gotta tell you, you smell so smoky I-I-I gotta get up. I'm not kidding.
钱德!你浑身烟味,我得去透透气,我没骗你。
Chandler: I think you smell great!
我觉得你闻起来很香!
Kim: So, we're decided, no on plaid, yes on pink?
所以大家都同意了,不要格子图案,要粉红?
Nancy: Absolutely!
完全正确!
Rachel: I am so on board!
我举双手双脚赞成!
Kim: Rachel, didn't you just light that?
瑞秋,这支烟不是才刚点?
Rachel: Yeah. . but, you know what? I'm just, I'm really, really trying to cut back, you know? Good luck, Rach.
是啊,但是我正在努力少抽烟,“瑞秋,祝你好运”。
Nancy: I've actually been thinking about quitting lately.
其实我最近有想要戒烟。
Kim: Oh, sure, every Sunday night I'm telling myself I'm quitting every Monday morning it's like...
那可不,我每周日晚上都告诉自己要戒烟,结果周一还是狂抽猛抽。
Nancy: Tell me about it!
没错!
Rachel: Well then let's just quit! We'll just quit! Let's all quit!
那就戒了吧,我们一起戒烟!
Kim: It does sound appealing.
听起来是很诱人啦。
Nancy: I never could do it.
我戒烟从没成功过。
Rachel: Oh but you could. You can. Absolutely! We can help each other out! You know, we can get- one of those patches! We could be like the Patch Sisters!
你可以的,一定行。我们可以互相帮忙,用那个什么戒烟贴布的,我们能组成戒烟三姐妹!
Kim: Oh you know, we really should quit. Ok, let's quit!
其实我们真的应该戒烟。好吧,一起来戒烟。
Rachel: Yes! Great! Give me those cigs! Come on! Give it! Give it!
好,太棒了,把香烟给我!来,通通交出来!
Kim: My late husband gave me that lighter. I'm not kidding.
那个打火机是我先夫送我的。我没在开玩笑。
Rachel: Ok then!
那好吧!
Joey: Hmmm, soup! Hmm soup! Hmm, soup!
好汤,好汤!
Carol: Joey, Ross is gonna be here any second, would you mind watching Ben for me while I use the ladies' room?
乔伊,罗斯马上就到,我去上个厕所,帮我看一下班,好吗?
Joey: Yeah-oh yeah, no problem.
好啊,没问题。
Carol: Thanks.
谢谢。
Joey: Hmm soup.
好汤。
Joey: Hi Ben! So you wanna be an actor huh? I gotta tell ya, it's no picnic. There's tons of rejection. No stability.
嗨,班!你想当演员啊?告诉你,演戏可不像野餐,有碰不完的钉子,一点都不稳定。
Joey: I mean one day you're Dr. Drake Remoray, the next day you're eating ketchup right out of the bottle. It's a tough life.
前一天你还是雷莫瑞医生,隔天你就要去啃番茄酱,这可是艰苦的生活。
Joey: I mean, sure, you can get up whenever you want, watch TV all day...meet tons of woman in acting class. Oh, who am I kidding. I can't talk you out of this. It's a great life!
没错啦,你是能决定起床时间。整天看电视也行,在演员训练班里,认识一卡车的女孩。小子,我干嘛劝你打消念头,这种生活太棒了。
Ross: Joey!
乔伊!
Joey: Ross!
罗斯!
Ross: Ben! I mean, Ben! Ben!
班。班……!
The Casting Director: Ok, Raymond, Joey you're up.
雷蒙,乔伊,该你们上场了。
The Casting Director: Ok. So here's what...are-are you sure that I haven't seen you somewhere before?
好,现在要……我一定有在哪里见过你!
Joey: No, I haven't been in any plays.
没有,我从没演过戏。
The Casting Director: All right, well, let's umm, let's try one. Whenever you guys are ready.
好吧,我们来试一次。你们准备好了就开始。
Joey: Uh-oh.
啊哦。
The Casting Director: Is there a problem?
有问题吗?
Joey: Well this is noodle soup and uh, I've been working with tomato. But that's ok, no problem. No problem.Hmm, noodle soup.
这是面汤,我练习时是用番茄汤。不过没关系……面汤……
The Casting Director: You know, that's-that's fine, but the line is, "Hmm, soup."
你那样不错,不过台词是“汤”。
Joey: Oh, what did I say?
那我刚才说什么?
The Casting Director: Hmm, noodle soup.
“面汤”。
Joey: How's that different? Oh! Right! Yeah!
有什么不一样?对……!
The Casting Director: All right, let's try one.
好,我们来试一次。
Joey: Hmm, noodle soup.
面汤。
The Casting Director: Ok. Let's do it again.
好,我们再来一次。
Joey: Ok.
好。
Joey: Hmm, soup. I mean, noodle soup. I mean soup!
汤,我是说“面汤”,不对,是“汤”!
Raymond: Come on! !
拜托!
The Casting Director: You-you know what? We need to move on.
我们得换下一组了。
Joey: Oh! No! I-I can do it one more time! I- See? Look! Hmm, noodle soup. Damn it!
不……我再演一次,你看!面汤……可恶!
Rachel: So I think that if we get these samples into the magazine by Monday, we'll gonna be fine.
周一前把样品交给杂志社,应该就没问题了。
Kim: Sounds good.
听起来不错。
Rachel: Yeah.
对。
Kim: So, Rach, how're you doing?
瑞秋,你还好吗?
Rachel: I'm great!
好极了!
Kim: No, with the not-smoking thing.
不,我是说戒烟的事。
Rachel: Oh...well...kill...me now.
我快要死了。
Rachel: Let me tell you something, I ate 40 Mallomars today. I mean, I have- I have patches all over my body, you know? I mean, I haven't slept in two days.
跟你说,我今天吃了40个棉花糖,全身贴满了戒烟贴布,我连续两天都失眠。
Kim: We quit yesterday.
我们昨天才戒烟的。
Rachel: That's counting today. But anyway, so these samples, I think, that, like I was saying...
我连今天都算进去了。言归正传,我想这些样品……
Nancy: Oh my god. Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot I...I have to go the mailroom and mail some proofs.
天啊,我忘记了,真的很抱歉,我得去收发室寄送样张。
Kim: Go ahead. Rachel and I will just sit here and keep brainstorming.
去吧,我和瑞秋继续来脑力激荡。
Rachel: Umm, also Vogue called. And they were wondering if you were...
时尚杂志也想知道…… 你知道吗?
Kim:You know what? I'm a little hungry. I'm just gonna run down to the vending machines.
我有点饿了,我要去贩卖机买东西。
Rachel: Oh, all right...A...ahhh...
好吧……
Rachel: Heeeey!
嗨!
Kim: Uh-oh, busted!
被逮到了!
Rachel: Come on, you guys! What are you doing? ! I thought we were the patch sisters!
你们这是在干嘛?我们不是戒烟姐妹花吗?
Kim: Yeah. That didn't work out.
对,那样行不通。
Rachel: Well, but wait a minute, what about all we've talked about? That you know, the disgusting place, theugly people! Hey how you doing?
那我们说过的那些事呢?说这恶心的地方,丑陋的人,你好吗?
Nancy: Rachel, we tried to quit, but it was too hard!
瑞秋,我们有试着戒烟,但那实在是太难了。
Rachel: Well, you know if you, if you started smoking again you could've at least told me! Come on, give me one of those! What're we talking about?
你们开始抽烟,起码也该告诉我嘛!快点来一支,刚才说到哪里?
Kim: No. No! You're doing great! Don't you give up! That's why we didn't tell you and we're not gonna drag you down with us.
不行,你戒烟很成功,不许放弃!所以我们才没跟你说,我们不想拖你下水。
Rachel: Oh wait, no-no-no! Drag me down. Drag-drag me down.
等等,别这样,拖我下水……
Kim: Forget it Rachel! We're both so proud of how well you're doing. I'm not gonna let you blow it. In fact,if I catch you with a cigarette, you're fired.
瑞秋,万万不可!你戒烟成功,我们都替你骄傲。我不能让你前功尽弃,若被我查到你有吸烟,我一定炒你鱿鱼。
Kim: So go on, get out of here! Go on, I don't want you breathing this stuff! Go on! Rachel: All right.
走吧,离开这里,我不要你吸二手烟!好吧。
Kim: So, ok! So you'll come with me on the Paris trip.
好,你和我一起去法国出差。
Rachel: Oh man!
要命!
Phoebe: Hey, Check it out! Um, cup hat! Cup banner! Cup chandelier! And the thing that started it all, the cup!
你瞧瞧,杯子帽!杯子布条!杯子吊灯!还有这些东西的起源:杯子!
Chandler: Great job with the cups, Pheebs!
菲比,你对杯子还真有一套!
Monica: Why don't you just go out with her!
你干脆跟她去约会算了!
Phoebe: And did you notice the ice? Look! We have it all! We have crushed! Cubed! And dry! Watch! Ahhh! Mystical!
你有没有注意到冰?各式各样的都有。有碎冰、冰块……还有干冰,注意看,很有神秘感吧?
Monica: Everyone, no one's eating my Tuscan finger food Cause they're all filling up on Phoebe's snow cones!
没人想吃我的小点心,他们全跑去吃菲比的雪花冰!
Chandler: There are snow cones? ! Snow cones! Yuck!
有雪花冰?雪花冰最恶心了!
Monica: You know...go! Go! Right there! Chandler: Thank you! Thank you!
你去吃啦!谢谢……!
Monica: Phoebe?
菲比?
Phoebe: Yeah?
恩?
Monica: You really did do a nice job.
你做的很棒。
Phoebe: Thank you...for stating the obvious.
谢谢你,很明显。
Monica: I deserve that. I just want you to know that, umm, if we ever co-host a party together again, you can do whatever you want.
我活该。我只是要让你知道,若我们下回再一起主办派对,你想要怎么做都行。
Phoebe: You know, Joey's got a birthday coming up.
乔伊的生日快到了。
Monica: Really? What do you wanna do?
真的?那你要怎么帮他庆祝?
Phoebe: Umm, ok, I'd like to be in charge of beer.
好,我想要负责啤酒。
Monica: Well, then there's nothing left for me!
那我就没的做了!
Phoebe: Oh, look! Look! Look!
注意!!
All: Surprise!
惊喜!
Rachel: What? ! What- My birthday's not for another month!
什么啊?一个月后才是我生日啊!
Monica: That's the surprise!
这样才惊喜啊!
Rachel: Oh my God! You guys, this is so great! It's so unexpected! I mean Chandler's birthday is even beforemine!
天啊,你们太棒了!我完全没想到!我的意思是钱德的生日比我还要早的!
All: Surprise!
惊喜!
Rachel: Wow! This is so great! Look at all these, cups! This is so weird.
真是太棒了,看看这些杯子,真是怪怪的!
Phoebe: I was in charge of cups.
杯子是我负责的。
Rachel: Oh, ok, not so weird.
好,那就没那么怪了。
Monica: Chandler, what're you doing?
钱德,你在干嘛?
Chandler: Nothing.
没干嘛。
Monica: What's in your hand?
你手里拿的是什么?
Chandler: Money. I'm stealing all the money.
钱,我偷走了所有的钱。
Monica: Chandler.
钱德。
Chandler: But just one, ok? Because nobody knows when my birthday is.
抽一支就好,因为没有人记得我的生日。
Monica: Let me make this clear to you ok? It's either that or this...
或许这能让你清醒一点,有香烟……就没有我。
Chandler: They were menthol.
刚才那是薄荷烟。
Ross: Hey!
嗨!
Joey: Hey.
嗨。
Ross: Listen man, uh, I'm sorry the audition didn't go well.
我很遗憾你试镜不顺利。
Joey: Yeah right!
是喔!
Ross: No really, I, I am! I feel bad!
乔伊,我是真的很遗憾!
Joey: Yeah? Well look, Ross, you don't have to. Ok? It's not your fault I suck. You know I mean what kind ofan actor can't even say, "Hmm, noodle soup."
罗斯,你用不着遗憾。是我自己逊,怨不得你。连“面汤”都说不好,还算哪门子的演员?
Ross: Hey you know what? Maybe-maybe you didn't mess up your audition because you suck, maybe you messed up because you care more about uh, your godson.
你知道吗?或许你搞砸了试镜,不是因为你逊。或许你搞砸了试镜,是因为你更在意你的教子。
Joey: What do you mean?
什么意思?
Ross: I think, subconsciously...
我认为,在潜意识里……
Joey: You lost me. Wait-whoa-whoa, you lost me.
等等,我听不懂。
Ross: I think, on some level, you-you sabotaged your own audition so Ben would get the part.
我觉得在某种程度上,你破坏了自己的试镜,才好让班拿到那个角色。
Joey: Well, your way sounds a lot better than mine. Yeah. Yeah! It's not that I'm a bad actor...
你的说法比我的好多了,对,不是我演技烂。
Ross: No!
对。
Joey: No, it's just ah, I care so damn much about little Ben, that uh, it was more important for me to see him succeed.
只是我太顾念班了,看到他成功对我来说更重要。
Ross: There you go. Thank you!
就是这样,谢谢你。
Joey: Thank you! So, did-did he get it?
谢谢你。那他拿到角色没?
Ross: No.
没有。
Joey: Eh, what are you gonna do?
那没办法了。
Chandler: Oh, hi! Excuse me, is uh Rachel Green here? I was supposed to meet her for lunch.
不好意思,瑞秋·格林在吗?我跟她约了吃中饭。
Kim: Oh, she doesn't come down here anymore. You can find her up on ten.
她现在不会下来这里了,她在十楼。
Chandler: Ok, great.
好。
Kim: So, we talked about the whole presentation yesterday at lunch and he wondered if one person would be, enough made him take on the trip and I said, "Yeah, absolutely!"
我们昨天中饭聊到提案报告,他担心一个人不太够,我说绝对没问题。
Chandler: I'll catch you guys later.
待会见!