Ross:You are lucky to be alive! So live everyday to the fullest. Love yourself, ok? Ok. Oh, and-and also getstamps. Bye!
活着是一种幸运,所以每一天都要活得精彩。珍爱自己,好吗?好吧,也别忘了买邮票,再见。
Monica: Wow! Play that message for Emily and this whole problem goes away!
只要把这留言放给艾蜜莉听,所有的问题就都解决了!
Rachel: Oh. Right?
是吗?
Gary: Hey, anybody wanna meet a hero?
谁要来见见英雄?
Phoebe: John Glenn is here? !
约翰·格伦(美国第一位宇航员)来了?
Gary: No, Joey!
不,是乔伊!
Phoebe: Joey's never been to outer space.
乔伊没有上过太空啊。
Ross: Pheebs, we had the most incredible night! Ok, so, we're in the car...
菲比,今晚真是太不可思议了!我们在警车里……
Gary: Wait! Hold on!
慢着!
Gary: Hi.
嗨。
Phoebe: Hi!
嗨!
Gary: Ok, go ahead.
好,继续说。
Ross: Ok, ok, so we're in the car. Right? And bang! A shot was fired. And Joey with no regard for his own safety throws himself on me!
好……我们在警车里,突然砰得一声!有人开枪。乔伊完全不顾自己的安危,扑到我身上保护我!
Phoebe: My God, Joey!
天啊,乔伊!
Chandler: It was a car backfire!
那是汽车逆火放屁的声音!
Ross: Yeah, but-but he didn't know that!
对,但是当时他并不知道。
Joey: Yeah, I didn't know that.
对,我不知道。
Ross: And it could've just as easily have been a bullet.
那很有可能会是子弹的。
Gary: Hey Joe, you ever think about joining the force? We could use a guy like you.
乔伊,有没有想过要当警察?警界很需要你这种人。
Chandler: Who jumps at loud noises!
听到巨响就吓得跳起来!
Ross: Wow! I could've died tonight.
我今晚有可能丧命的。
Chandler: Yeah! If the car that backfired had run over you! You know what, I'm gonna go home before Ross starts rambling about his new-found respect for life.
对,如果那部放屁的车,把你碾过去的话。我先回家去了,省得罗斯大谈人生新发现。
Ross: I do have a newfound respect for life.
我的人生的确有了新发现。
Chandler: Oh my God!
我的上帝啊!
Phoebe: Ross, I could've told you, you weren't gonna die today.
罗斯,我早该跟你说,你今天不会死的。
Ross: What? You know when I'm gonna die?
你知道我什么时候会死?
Gary: Sweet you wanna get some dinner?
亲爱的,你要吃晚餐吗?
Phoebe: Sure! Yeah! Oh, you know what? If I heard a shot right now, I'd throw my body on you.
好啊!你知道吗,若现在听到枪声,我一定会扑倒在你身上。
Gary: Oh yeah? Well maybe you and I should take a walk in a bad neighborhood.
是吗?那我们或许应该,去穷凶恶极的社区散步。
Phoebe: Ok!
好。
Gary: All right.
好的。
Phoebe: Bye!
再见!
Ross and Joey: Bye!
再见!
Joey: Cut it out Ross! I hate to have to save your life and kick your ass in the same day!
罗斯,你别再闹了,我不想在同一天里,先是救你又痛扁你一顿!
Joey: Dude! How come you took off?
你刚才怎么先离开了?
Chandler: Oh, just go out for a walk, round the living room. Whatever...
我只是去散步,在客厅里绕来绕去……
Joey: Something wrong?
有什么不对吗?
Chandler: No. No I'm just tired. You know, from-from the walk.
没有,我只是累了,走路走累了。
Joey: Ok.
好吧。
Chandler: You dove in front of Ross! Ross!
你扑上去救罗斯!罗斯!
Joey: That's what this is about! Oh my God, you hate Ross!
原来是这么一回事。天啊,你恨罗斯!
Chandler: Not hate Ross!
我没有恨罗斯!
Joey: Of course you do! I saved him! You're mad at me! It all adds up! You want Ross out of the picture.
你当然有!我救了他,你生我的气,这样全都说得通了。你想铲除罗斯?
Chandler: What picture?
铲除什么?
Joey: I don't know, but I don't like what I'm hearing!
不知道,但是我不喜欢你刚才说的话!
Chandler: I'm very glad you saved Ross in the car backfire, but it could've been a bullet and you, you know, you didn't try to save me!
我很高兴你在汽车放屁事件中,救了罗斯一命。但那若真的是子弹怎么办?你竟然救他不救我!
Joey: Ohh, you're upset because you think I chose Ross over you!
原来你是在气这个,你以为我觉得罗斯比你重要。
Joey:No! I...knew...you could take care of yourself. You know? I mean Ross, he needs help. He's not street like us!
不是这样的……我知道你能照顾自己。罗斯需要别人帮忙,他不像你我见过大场面。
Chandler: When it comes down to it, you would risk your life for Ross before you would for me. That's the bottom line.
话说到头,你宁愿先去救罗斯,也不来救我。这才是重点。
Joey: Well-no, not exactly! All right, look, I, I wasn't trying to save Ross. Ok?
不完全是这样!其实我那不是要救罗斯。
Joey:My sandwich was next to Ross. All right? I was, I-I was trying to save my sandwich.
我的三明治在罗斯旁边,我是要救我的三明治。
Chandler: From a bullet!
怕它被枪打到?
Joey: I know it doesn't make much sense...
我知道这说来没啥道理……
Chandler: Much sense? !
岂止没啥道理!
Joey: Look Chandler, it was instinct! Ok? I just went for it!
钱德,那是本能反应,当下就扑过去了!
Chandler: So you risked your life, for a sandwich!
所以你冒生命危险去救三明治!
Joey: I know it sounds crazy, but Chandler, this, is, the greatest sandwich in the world!
我知道这听起来很夸张,但这可是世界上最棒的三明治!
Chandler: So you didn't uh, choose Ross before me.
所以你并不觉得罗斯比我重要。
Joey: No! I would never do that! You-you're like my brother!
是啊,我绝对不会那样!你就像是我的亲兄弟!
Chandler: Really? !
真的?
Joey: Yeah! In fact, to prove how much you mean to me...
对,为了证明你对我的意义……
Joey: here.
给你。
Chandler: Thanks.
谢了!
Joey: No, eh, oh-oi, easy, it's not a hot dog!
轻一点,这不是热狗!
Joey: How good is that?
是不是很好吃?
Chandler: Oh-oi-ho, yeah!
好吃!
Joey: See?
看吧!
Chandler: Hm-hmm.
嗯哼。
Joey: Oh-whoa-hey, dude, what're you doing? !
慢着,你在干嘛?
Chandler: I thought you were showing me how much I mean to you.
你在向我证明我对你的意义。
Joey: Yeah. With a bite! Gee-e-e-eez!
是啊,一口!拜托!
Rachel: Hey! Hi!
嘿!嗨!
Ross: Rach, what uh, what're you doing here?
瑞秋,你在这里干嘛?
Rachel: Hey! You know what? You are in our apartment all the time! Ok? This is, this is just a drop in the bucket mister!
你动不动就往我们的公寓跑,我这只是小小的回应,先生!
Ross: You know, it-it doesn't matter. The important thing, is that you're here. You're my friend, and you'rehere. Oh!
没关系啦,重点是你来了。你是我朋友,而你来到了这里。噢!
Rachel: Huh. Ok, just a little scared. What's going on Ross?
好,我有一点点害怕 罗斯,你是怎么了?
Ross: Uh, the most amazing thing happened tonight. I thought my number was up. I had an actual near death experience!
今晚发生了最不寻常的事,我还以为自己要完了,我真正面临到了濒死经验!
Rachel: What? ! Wh-what happened? !
什么?……怎么回事?
Ross: Ok, ok, we were on the ride-along with Gary, right?
我们不是跟盖瑞,坐警车兜风吗?
Rachel: Yeah!
对!
Ross: And somebody took a shot at me!
有人向我开枪!
Rachel: Wow, really? !
真的吗?
Ross: No, a car backfired, but I thought somebody was taking a shot at me. And Rach, I...I survived! And I was filled with this-this great respect for life.
不是,是车子放屁,但我当时以为是有人对我开枪。瑞秋,我劫后余生!我的人生拥有了全新视野。
Ross: You know? I-I wanna experience every moment. I wanna seize every opportunity. I-I am seeing everythingso-so clearly now.
我要真切体验每一刻,我要把握每一个机会。现在的一切都变得好清晰。
Rachel: Because a car backfired?
全都是因为汽车放屁?
Ross: Ok, why are you here?
好吧,你来这里干嘛?
Rachel: Well, I-I-I don't know how this fits into your whole "seizing" thing but um, Emily called you today.
我不知道这件事符不符合,你所谓的“把握今朝”,不过艾蜜莉今天打了电话给你。
Ross: You talked to her?
你跟她说了话?
Rachel: No, she left a message. But it-it kinda got erased. I mean, there's some- something wrong with your machine.
没有,她在你电话里留言。不过留言被洗掉了,我是说,你的答录机有问题。
Ross: Well, ok, what-what did she say?
那她说了什么?
Rachel: Well, uh, something about having second thoughts about the wedding and did you guys make a mistake breaking up and uh, she wants you to call her.
说什么对结婚的事有点反悔,说你们分手是个错误,她要你回电话。
Ross: Wow!
哇哦!
Rachel: Now, that-that was a good thing that I told you, right?
我跟你说这件事很对吧?
Ross: Huh? Yeah! Yes, of course!
是啊,当然是这样!
Rachel: Ok. Thank you! Thank you! Because- all right. I'm gonna go scoot tell Monica that I was right.
谢谢你……!我要去跟莫妮卡说,我这样做是对的。
Rachel: Because you know what? She didn't want- not important. Point is, I was right. Your decision. Ok? I was right. Your decision.
因为你知道吗?她不希望…… 那不重要。重点是我是对的,你自己的决定。我是对的,你自己决定要不要回电。
Ross: Right. I guess, I guess I should call Emily.
对。我猜我应该回电给艾蜜莉。
Rachel: Ok, no, that's not the right decision. That's not right, that's not, no Ross, come on! I mean, that woman made you miserable! Ok, Ross, I mean, do you really wanna get back into that?
不对,你的决定不对……罗斯,你清醒一点!那个女人把你给整惨了!罗斯,你真的想要再来一次?
Ross: Ok, look, yesterday I wouldn't've even considered calling her back, but my ex-wife calls on the same day I have a near death experience. I mean, that-that's gotta mean something, right?
如果她是在昨天打来的,我压根不会想回电。但在我面对濒死经验的同一天,我的前妻正好打电话来,这一定有所含意,对吧?
Rachel: Ross! That was not a near death experience! That was barely an experience!
罗斯,那不是濒死经验,就连经验都谈不上了!
Ross: You weren't there! Ok, maybe this is something that I-I'm supposed to seize! You know?
当时你并不在场!或许这就是我应该把握的事。
Rachel: Ok, you know what? Maybe, this is not about seizing stuff. Maybe this is about escaping stuff.
好吧,你知道吗?或许这无关把握或是不把握,或许这是关于逃避。
Ross: Huh.
哈。
Rachel: Ok I mean, look-look today. I mean you escaped death, you know? And maybe this is a chance for you to escape getting back together with Emily.
就拿今天来说,你逃过了……死亡。或许这是你逃避的机会,不去和艾蜜莉复合。
Ross: That does make sense. Because I do wanna seize some opportunity, but I-I really don't wanna see or talk to her.
还蛮有道理的。因为我要把握住这个机会,不和她见面或联络。
Rachel: Well, th-there you go!
这就对了!
Ross: Yeah-ah. Yeah. Maybe today is just, close call day.
或许今天只是“差点接电话”日。
Rachel: Close call day.
“差点接电话”日。
Ross: Hey, thanks Rach.
瑞秋,谢了。
Rachel: Ohh, honey no problem. Ok.
亲爱的,甭客气。
Ross: Oh wait-wait-wait! The message is blinking. Maybe you didn't erase it.
等等……留言灯在闪,或许留言没被洗掉。
Rachel: Oh?
哦?
Ross: "Hey Ross, it's you!" Oh yeah, no that's-that's an old message, nobody needs to hear that.
“罗斯,是你啊!”这是旧的留言,没什么好听的。
Rachel: Yes.
没错。
Ross: Hey umm, was-was Monica here?
莫妮卡有来过吗?
Rachel: Yeah.
有啊。
Ross: Yeah, I want my money back.
要她把我的钱还来。
Rachel: Yeah, uh you-you probably need that for stamps, right?
是要用来买邮票的吧?
Ross: Hey Pheebs, has Gary ever been shot at for real?
菲比,盖瑞有真的中过枪吗?
Phoebe: Yes. Once. Yeah, a little. He kinda did it to himself. It's not really a good story.
有,一次。小小的一次。算是他自己打的,这不是什么好故事。
Ross: I wonder how I'd react under fire, you know? And not backfire but-but heavy fire, like if I was in a war or something.
不知道我置身战火会怎样?不是汽车放屁,是枪林弹雨。好比我在战场上之类的……
Monica: Man, I would be great in a war! I mean, I really, I think I would make a fantastic military leader. I mean I know I would make general before any of you guys.
我去打仗一定很厉害,一定会是很棒的军事领袖。跟你们这些人比起来,我一定会最先当上将军。
Chandler: Before or after you were shot by your own troops?
在你被自己的部下枪杀前,还是之后?
Ross: I know where Joey would be. He would be down in the foxhole protecting all of us.
我知道乔伊会在哪里,他一定会在散兵坑里保护大家。
Chandler: Yes, if the foxhole was lined with sandwiches.
对,如果那个散兵坑是用三明治围起来的话。
Joey: Yeah, hero sandwiches.
没错,英雄三明治。
Phoebe: Well you all know that I'm a pacifist so I'm not interested in war, in any way. But you know what? When the revolution comes, I will have to destroy you all.
你们知道我主张和平,我对什么战争都没兴趣。不过等到革命的那一天来临,我一定要把你们消灭光光。
Phoebe: Not you Joey.
不是你乔伊。