Ross: Where did I go wrong? This is good stuff.
我是哪里做错了?这是很好的东西啊。
Joey: Hello?
嗨?
Ross: Joey! Hey, I need to talk to Charlie. Is she there?
乔伊!我要跟查莉讲话,她在吗?
Joey: No. She erh she went shopping with Rachel. Why? What's up?
不在,她跟瑞秋去逛街了。为什么?怎么了?
Ross: Oh, I'm meeting with professor Sherman about my being the keynote speaker.
我正在跟薛曼教授讨论关于我当主讲人的事。
Joey: Oh!
哦!
Joey: How's it going?
进行的如何呢?
Ross: It could be better!
可以更顺利的!
Ross: He, uh ... he fell asleep!
他睡着了!
Joey: What? ! But I already bought my ticket to Bermuda!
什么?但是我已经订了到百慕达的机票了!
Ross: Barbados.
是巴贝多。
Joey: Fine, I'll rent a car and drive!
好啦,我再租车开过去!
Joey: Ross, you have to get that job!
罗斯,你一定要得到这工作!
Ross: What am I supposed to do? He's out cold!
我应该怎么办呢?他完全睡着了!
Ross: In fact, he-he was just talking in his sleep before. And evidently he wants someone named Fran to spank him harder.
事实上,刚刚他还在说梦话。而且他还要一个叫法兰的人 “再打用力点”。
Joey: Well, just wake him up!
那叫醒他吧!
Ross: I can't! If he realizes that I'm the one who put him to sleep, I won't get the job!
我不行!如果他发现我是让他睡着的人,我就得不到这个工作了!
Joey: Oh! That's a tough one.
哦呜!那倒是挺难的。
Joey: Oh! Wait a minute, this happened to me before!
喔!等等,这以前也发生在我身上过!
Joey: Yeah, I was auditioning for a play, and the producer fell asleep and ... no, wait a minute ... it was me who fell asleep ... hey, Shakespeare, how about a chase scene once in a while? !
是啊,我之前在试演一出戏剧的时候,那个制作人睡着了,我……不,等等……其实是我睡着了……我是说,莎士比亚,来点动作场面吧?
Monica: Hey guys! Dinner's ready!
嘿,晚餐好了!
Zack: Oh! I'm gonna go wash up first.
噢!我先去洗手。
Zack: Thanks.
谢了。
Chandler: So what do you think? I want that guys genes for my kid! Those eyes, those cheekbones!
你觉得呢?我要我的孩子有他的基因,那双眼睛,那颧骨!
Monica: Ok, there's enthusiastic and there's just plain gay!
好了,可能是过度狂热也有可能是同性恋!
Chandler: You don't like him.
你不喜欢他。
Monica: I think he is fine! It's just that we don't know anything real about him ... we should maybe get more information.
我想他不错!但是我们对他了解不够。我希望我们可以知道多一点。
Chandler: Alright! Just follow my lead!
好的!跟着我的话锋转!
Zack: You guys have such a great place here.
你们家真是好棒。
Chandler: Oh! Thanks, I'm crazy about our place.
谢谢,我很喜欢这地方。
Chandler: Hey! speaking of crazy ... do you have a history of mental illness in the family?
嘿,说到疯狂……你们家有遗传性精神疾病吗?
Zack: Uhm ... no. Although I did have an uncle who voted for Dukakis.
额……没有,但是我是有个叔叔投票给杜凯吉斯。
Chandler: That's really not the kind of thing we are looking for Zack.
那真的不是我们所希望看到的。
Zack: Okaaay ... so eh ... so tell me, how'd you guys meet.
好的……告诉我,你们是怎么认识的呢?
Monica: Oh, friends first, drunk in London, you know the story.
刚开始是朋友,在伦敦喝醉,你知道的。
Monica: I've got a better question for you: Do you or any of your blood relatives have diabetes?
我有个更棒的问题要问你,你或是你的血亲有人有糖尿病吗?
Zack: No.
没有。
Monica: Eh ... Heart Disease, Alzheimer disease, gout?
心脏病?阿兹海默症?痛风?
Zack: You guys don't have people for dinner a lot, huh?
你们不常请朋友到家里用餐,是吗?
Monica: We're just making conversation.
我们只是在找话题聊聊。
Zack: Yeah, well, ok. I heard a joke today. It's pretty funny ...
好吧,我今天听到一个笑话,真的是挺好笑的……
Chandler: You know what's not funny? Male Pattern Baldness.
你知道有什么是不好笑的吗?雄性秃头。
Zack: All right listen, you guys have shown a lot of interest in me tonight and I'm flattered and ... and quite frankly a little frightened.
你们今晚对我很有兴趣,我很受宠若惊而且老实说,是有点受惊。
Zack: Can we just talk about something else?
我们可以聊聊别的话题吗?
Monica and Chandler: Sure! Alright.
当然!好的。
Zack: Ravioli is delicious!
这个意大利水饺真是美味!
Chandler: I noticed you were enjoying that Ravioli with a beautiful set of teeth.
我发现你享用那水饺的牙齿真是整齐。
Chandler: Did you have braces as a child?
你小时候有戴牙套吗?
Zack: No I didn't.
不,没有。
Monica: Yes!
太好了!
Chandler: We're teeth people Zack!
我们很重视牙齿的,柴克!
Rachel: Alright! Let's just do it. Let's just go over there and to see if she heard.
好吧!我们上吧。我们过去问她有没有听到。
Phoebe: Good plan.
好主意。
Rachel: Ok. Wha ... ? where? Where're you going?
好的。什么?你是在做什么呢?
Phoebe: Oh! I'm sorry Rachel, I don't have time for your childish games, ok?
对不起,瑞秋。我没有时间玩你的幼稚游戏,好吗?
Phoebe: I still have to go find something incredible to wear so I can beat Mike at "who's more over who"!
我还得要找到很惊艳的衣服穿,那我才可以在“谁先忘了谁”上打败麦克!
Rachel: Hey, hi! Hey, where've you been?
嘿,嗨!嘿,你去哪里了?
Charlie: Oh! trying on clothes.
喔!去试穿衣服。
Rachel: Oh! Wi ... in the dres ... in the dressing room? !
喔!真的吗?在试衣间吗?
Rachel: Well, that's so weird! Phoebe and I were just trying on clothes in the dressing room. Gosh it's just such a small world!
喔,真奇怪。菲比跟我刚刚也在试衣间。天啊,这世界真是小!
Charlie: Rachel ... I heard you two guys whispering.
瑞秋,我听到你们俩的对话了。
Rachel: Oh God. You did. You heard. Ok, listen, let me explain.
天啊,你听到了。好的,听着,让我解释。
Charlie: No! There's nothing to explain. I heard you.
不!没有必要解释,我都听到了。
Charlie: Phoebe likes Joey.
菲比喜欢乔伊。
Rachel: Yeah.
是啊。
Charlie: I just ... I don't understand it. I mean, Phoebe likes Joey and she comes here to buy a dress to impress another guy?
我不明白,我是说菲比喜欢乔伊,可是她却来买衣服来惊艳另一个男人?
Rachel: Yeah! Yeah! That's Phoebe. That's Phoebe.
是啊,菲比就是那样,她就是那样。
Rachel: You know, she just wants them all! It's like she's a nympho!
你知道的,她就是全部都要!那就像是女色情狂!
Charlie: Wow!
哇!
Rachel: Yeah ...
是啊……
Charlie: You know, by the way. I heard you tell her not to do anything.
对了,我有听到你告诉她不可以做任何事。
Charlie: Thanks for sticking up for me. And you are such a nice person.
谢谢你替我说话。天啊,你真是个好人。
Rachel: I try ...
我尽量……
Ross: Oh my God! You really want me to be the keynote speaker?
我的天啊!你真的要我当主讲人吗?
Ross: Thank you!
谢谢你!
Prof. Sherman: You're welcome.
不用客气。
Joey: Wow! You look ... stop-eating hot!
哇!你看起来……真是辣得让人不想吃东西!
Joey: Which is like the highest level of hotness!
这是最高阶段的辣耶!
Phoebe: Ok. Are you sure? Cause I'm really dreading going to this party.
你确定吗?因为我真的很不想去这派对。
Joey: Then don't go!
那就别去啊!
Phoebe: Mike knows I'm coming, and if I don't show up he'll think it's cause of him!
麦克知道我要去,如果我没出现,他会以为那是因为他!
Phoebe: And then I will lose face! That's a very serious thing in my culture.
我那样就会很没面子!这对我来说是很严重的事。
Joey: Alright, then you go to that party and you-you pretend to be over Mike.
好吧,那就去派对吧,然后假装已经完全不受麦克影响。
Joey: And afterward you come to my place and I'll get you good and drunk!
之后你再来我家,我再帮你好好借酒解愁!
Phoebe: You got it! Ok.
没问题!好的。
Phoebe: But-but not on the wine that you made, ok?
但是不要喝你自己酿的酒,好吗?
Phoebe: Cause, I just don't wanna go back to the Emergency Room.
因为我不想要再进急诊室了。
David: I'm sorry, I-I don't, I don't seem to have quite enough cash.
我很抱歉,我没有足够的现金。
David: Um, you wouldn't accept rubles, would you? This is a hundred thousand ruble note, which is worth, approximately, nothing.
额,你可以接受卢布吗?这是张面额十万的卢布,大约的价值是……零。
Phoebe: David?
大卫?
David: Phoebe! Hi!
菲比!嗨!
Phoebe: Oh my God!
喔,我的天!
David: Hi. Wow, you-you look unbelievable.
嗨。哇!你看起来真是漂亮极了。
Phoebe: Oh yeah, well.
喔,是啊,嗯.
Phoebe: What-what're you doing here?
你在这里做什么呢?
David: Well, I'm-I'm back from Minsk ... uh, permanently.
我从明斯克回来了,永久地。
Phoebe: What-what happened?
发生什么事呢?
David: Well, remember how I was trying to achieve the positronic distillation of subatomic particles?
记得我正在尝试制造……次原子阳电子净化吗?
Phoebe: Yeah?
是啊?
David: Well, after eight years of research I discovered, that it-it can't be done.
在经过八年的研究之后,我发现……那是做不到的。
Phoebe: Wow, I'm sorry.
很抱歉。
David:It's all right. This kind of thing happens all the time in science. To people who base 8 years of research on a typo in a scientific journal.
没关系。这种事在科学界常发生,尤其是因为科学期刊上一个误刊而用八年时间研究的人来说。
Phoebe: Well, great that you're back! How are you?
嗯……你终于回来了真是好!你好吗?
David: Good, good, life is good.
很好,过的还不错。
Phoebe: Good!
很好!
David: Ah well, I'm-I'm, I'm uh, I'm seeing someone.
我现在有交往的对象了。
Phoebe: Oh, good-good for you.
这样啊,恭喜你了。
David: Yeah.
是啊。
David: She-she's also a scientist, so she's very smart and-and pretty and ... well, it's actually because of you, really, that we're together, I-I mean, I saw what you had with that Mike guy, and I just said "Boy, I want that".
她也是科学家,很聪明也很漂亮,而且事实上是因为你,我们才在一起的,我是说,我看到你跟那个麦克在一起,然后我告诉自己 “天啊,我也想要那样”。
Phoebe: Mike and I broke up.
麦克跟我分手了。
David: You're kidding me.
你在开玩笑吧。
David: Because I'm-I'm-I'm not seeing anybody, I just totally made that up.
因为我没有在跟谁交往,我完全是编出来的。
Phoebe: Really?
真的吗?
David: Yeah, I-I don't know why, I'm sorry, I guess I just didn't wanna lose face.
是的,我不知道为什么,我很抱歉我猜我只是不想没面子。
Phoebe: I understand.
我能了解。
Phoebe: Yeah. Ok. So, then, ok, so we're both living in New York, not seeing anyone. That's so not like us.
是啊,好的,那……我们都住在纽约,没有交往对象。这太不像我们了。
David: Yeah, I know. Well ... well this is probably a stupid question, seeing that you look like that, but, do you have some place that you need to be right now?
是啊,我知道。嗯,这或许是个蠢问题,看到你穿这样,但是你现在有要去什么地方吗?
Phoebe: Well ... no.
嗯……没有。
David: Do you wanna get a drink?
那你想不想去喝点东西呢?
Phoebe: I'd love to.
我很想。
David: Great.
太棒了。
Phoebe: Ok.
好的。
David: Do-do you smell beets?
你有闻到甜菜味吗?
Phoebe: Oh, all right, stay upwind of me.
好吧,站到我的逆风边。
Charlie: Hey, there's Phoebe! Is that Mike she's with?
嘿,那是菲比!那是麦克吗?
Rachel: No, that's David.
不是,那是大卫。
Charlie: There's a third guy?
还有第三个男人?
Rachel: Tip of the iceberg.
只是冰山的一角。
Zack: I'm gonna take off now. You're gonna let me go home, aren't you?
我现在要走了。你们会让我回家吗?
Chandler: You sure you don't wanna stick around a little longer?
你确定不要再多坐一下吗?
Zack: No, no, I should get home, I'm kinda tired.
不了,我应该要回家了,我有点累。
Chandler: Are you just tired now, or are you always tired, 'cause that could be a sign of clinical depression.
你很容易累吗?因为这很有可能是忧郁症的前兆。
Zack: No it's just tiring having to figure out the age at which all my grandparents died.
不,只是要想出我祖父母是几岁过世的让我很累。
Zack: I'll see you tomorrow.
明天见。
Chandler: Ok.
好的。
Monica: Bye.
再见。
Chandler: I think we've found our sperm!
我想我们找到我们的精子了!
Monica: Does seem pretty perfect.
他看起来是挺完美的。
Chandler: Yeah, you think so, well? Should I ask him?
是啊,你也这么认为吗?我要开口问他吗?
Monica: No.
不要。
Chandler: Why not, just because his great-grandmother was obese, our kids are gonna get that from you anyway!
为什么呢?就只因为他曾祖母有肥胖症吗?反正我们的孩子也是会从你那遗传到!
Monica: No, that's not it.
不,不是那个缘故。
Monica: It's just that when we were asking him all those questions before, I just ... I just realized I don't care if he's the most perfect guy in the world ... he's not you.
只是在我们问他那些问题时……我认识到我不在乎,他是不是世上最完美的男人……他不是你。
Chandler: Yeah, he's better!
是啊,他比我更好!
Monica: No, he's not.
不,他不是。
Monica: And if I can't get pregnant with you, then I don't wanna get pregnant by ... him or anyone else.
如果我不能跟你怀孕,我也不想跟他……或是跟任何人。
Chandler: Really? Are you sure?
真的?你确定吗?
Monica: Yeah, I'm sure.
是的,我确定。
Chandler: Thank God, because I don't wanna do this either.
感谢上帝,因为我也不想这样做。
Chandler: You know, I was just doing because I thought that was what you wanted to do. You know, I'm the husband, I'm supposed to ... bring the sperm.
我会这样做,是因为我以为你想这样。我是丈夫,我理当要提供精子的。
Monica: That is so sweet.
这实在是很体贴。
Monica: I love you.
我爱你。
Chandler: So you know this leaves us with ...
所以你知道我们唯一的选择就是……
Monica: Adoption.
领养。
Chandler: How do you feel about that?
你觉得如何呢?
Monica: I think I feel ok about it. Actually I-I think I feel really good about it.
我想我没问题。事实上我觉得非常的好。
Chandler: Me too. I wanna find a baby that needs a home and I wanna raise it with you.
我也是……我想找到一个需要家庭温暖的小孩,然后跟你一起抚养他。
Chandler: An-And I wanna mess it up in our own specific way.
然后我想用我们自己的方式来乱养他。
Monica: So, th-this is it, we're, we're really gonna adopt?
这就是决定吗?我们真的要领养?
Chandler: Yeah.
是的。
Monica: Oh my God, we're gonna be parents!
我的天!我们要当父母亲了!
Chandler: We are gonna be great parents.
我们会是很棒的父母。
Monica: And it could be soon.
而且可能会很快。
Monica: I mean, think about it: right now, somewhere out there, our baby could be being conceived.
我是说,想想看,就是现在,在外面某个地方,我们的孩子可能正被受孕。
Chandler: Wait, if we're lucky, and we're really really really quiet, we may be able to hear the sound of a condom breaking!
等等,如果我们够幸运,而且我们真的、真的、真的很安静……我们或许可以听到保险套破裂的声音!
Chandler: Hey, Zack!
嘿,柴克!
Zack: Hey, Chandler.
嘿,钱德。
Chandler: Look, I just wanted to apologize for last night. I got the feeling we made you a little uncomfortable.
我想为昨晚的事道歉,我感到我们让你很不舒服。
Zack: No, you didn't.
不,并没有。
Chandler: Really?
真的吗?
Zack: No you did.
没错,你们是有。
Chandler: Yeah well. My wife and I have some boundary issues, you know, we sometimes, we ask inappropriate questions. We're working on it.
好吧,我老婆跟我越界了,有时候我们会问些很不适当的问题,我们正在改进中。
Jeanette: Here're the boards for Friday's pitch.
这些是星期五推销会的看板。
Zack: Oh, thank you.
谢谢。
Chandler: You wouldn't know if Jeanette's planning on keeping her baby, would you?
你知不知道Jeanette是否计划保留她的小宝宝?