You know an awful lot about this town for being a stranger.
作为外人 你未免太了解这镇子了
And you know very little for being the sheriff.
而作为警长 你了解的太少了
How do you know all this? You've been here before?
你如何知道这些的 你之前来过吗
I know all of this for one very simple reason.
我知道这些的原因很简单
I read the plaque.
我看了那块石碑
You actually believe that?
你真的相信这个吗
I'm a writer. I have to have an open mind.
我是个作家 我得虚怀若谷
Yeah, but magic?
没错 但是相信魔法吗
Water is a very powerful thing. Cultures as old as time have worshipped it.
水是很强大的东西 自有文明以来 人们就崇拜它了
It flows throughout all lands, connecting the entire world. If anything had mystical properties, if anything had magic, well, I'd say it'd be water.
它流经所有土地 连接了整个世界 如果说什么东西有神秘力量 或者魔力 那一定是水
That's asking a lot to believe on faith.
你要我相信的东西可真多
If you need evidence for everything, Emma, you're gonna find yourself stuck in one place for a long time.
如果你做任何事都需要证据 艾玛 你会发现自己一直困在原地
Maybe. Or maybe I'll just find the truth before anyone else.
也许吧 也或许我能赶在其他之前找到真相
Well, Ms. Skeptic, there's one thing I can tell you for sure that requires no leap of faith, and I know you'll agree with me.
"怀疑"女士 我能很确定地告诉你一件事 用不着你放"心"一搏 而且我确定你会赞成
What's that?
是什么
It's good water.
水很好喝