Anyway, I was in the back yard playing and my sister had just taught me how to take the garden hose and
总之我在后院玩耍时姐姐教我怎样拿浇花的水管......
do it in such a way that it sprayed into the sun and would make a rainbow.
就是像这样子捏着......喷出的水雾会在阳光下形成一道彩虹。
And so I was doing that and through the mist, I could see my grandmother.
于是我那样做......透过水雾,我看到了曾祖母。
And she was just standing there, smiling at me.
她就站在那儿,冲着我微笑。
And I held it there for a long time and I looked at her.
我愣在那很长时间并且看着她。
And then finally, I let go of the nozzle, you know?
最终我松开了喷嘴。
And then I dropped the hose and she disappeared.
然后我扔下水管......她就消失了。
And so I run back inside and tell my parents.
于是我跑回屋里告诉父母。
And they sit me down and give me this big rap on how when people die, you never see them again, and how I'd imagined it.
他们让我坐下,然后训斥了我一顿......人死了之后你绝不可能再见到他们,那只是我的幻觉。
But I knew what I'd seen. I was glad I saw that.I mean I've never seen anything like that since. But I don't know.
但我知道我看到了什么,并且为之高兴。我以后再不会再看到类似的情景,但我不知道。
It just kind of let me know how ambiguous everything was, you know, even death.
那让我有点明白世事都是那么无法解释。包括死亡。