This movie baffles me every time we watch it.
每次看这部电影,我都很困惑
What do you mean?
什么意思
The instructions are very clear:
指南说得一清二楚
"don't feed the gremlins after midnight."
午夜后别喂魔怪
"don't get the gremlins wet."
别弄湿魔怪
How hard is that?
这能有多难
Hi, guys.
伙计们好啊
Hi, honey. Hey.
好啊,亲爱的。好
Ooh, we're "honey" now, are we?
都已经是"亲爱的"啦
Yes. Since their relationship become carnal,
对,自从他们发展至肉体关系
Penny has upgraded his designated term of endearment,
佩妮就升级了对他的爱称
Thus distinguishing him from those she calls "sweetie,"
跟她称为"甜心"的人区分
Usually in an attempt to soften a thinlyveiled insult. You're boring people, "sweetie".
通常为了略微消减隐含的讽刺之意。别这么无聊,"甜心"
So, what are you guys doing?
你们在干什么
Celebrating Columbus day.
庆祝哥伦布发现美洲纪念日
We're watching goonies, gremlins and young sherlock holmes.
我们在看《七宝奇谋》《小魔怪》《少年福尔摩斯》
They're all written by Chris Columbus.
都是克里斯·哥伦布的作品
Okay.
好啊
What do you watch on thanksgiving?
那你们感恩节看什么
The parade.
游行
Oh, you know, that reminds me I usually go back to Nebraska for thanksgiving, but this year they're calling it off, on account of my brother's trial.
这倒是提醒了我,我通常回内布拉斯加过感恩节但今年取消了,因为我哥哥被人告了
What's he on trial for?
为什么
Oh, just a big misunderstanding.
只是个误会
You know, you'd actually like my brother.
你应该会喜欢我哥哥
He's kind of a chemist.
他也算是个化学家
Anyway, I was thinking I'd have thanksgiving here,
既然我今年在这里过感恩节
And you are all invited.
你们都要来
Oh. I'll be there.
我会去的
Will you be serving cranberry jelly or cranberry sauce?
你是用蔓越橘果冻?还是蔓越橘酱招待客人
I guess I could serve both.
估计两个都有
You guess? You don't seem to have much of a handle on this.
估计,貌似你对这方面不在行
Yeah, I really wish I could, Penny, but every year, my mother has all the relatives over and cooks up her famous turbriskafil. Turbriskafil?
佩妮,我很想参加,但每年我妈都请所有亲戚过来做传说中的鸡胸鱼。鸡脯鱼?
Turkey stuffed with a brisket stuffed with gefilte fish.
火鸡包胸脯肉杂,胸脯肉里包鱼丸
It's not as good as it sounds.
没听起来那么好吃
Raj, what about you?
拉杰,你呢
Oh, he usually comes to my house. Right, pal?
他通常都去我家过节,对吧
All right, this year, you don't have to eat the turbriskafil.
好啦,今年不逼你吃鸡脯鱼啦
I don't even chew it. I swallow it like pills.
我根本不嚼。直接当药丸吞
Well, the good news is, He has no problem with my mother's turbrkafil.
好消息是
Well, the good news is, he has no problem with my mother's turbrkafil.
好消息是,我对我妈的鸡脯鱼没意见
Hard to believe, but go on.
真不敢相信,继续说
The bad news is, he says he'getting deported.
坏消息是,他要被驱逐出境了
What do you mean, he's getting deported?
他要被驱逐出境是什么意思
I believe it means that the U.S. Government is going to expel him from the country.
意思是美国政府要驱赶他离开本国
He could then either return to his native india,
他要么回印度老家
Emigrate to another country that's willing to accept him,
要么移居接受他的国家
Or wander the high seas as a stateless pirate.
或者去公海当个无国籍海盗
Personally, I'd choose pirate.
要是我,我就选海盗
Penny, would you mind stepping outside, so we can speak to him?
佩妮,你能不能先出去我们才能和他谈谈
Fine.
好吧
But the man really needs to work on his girl issues.
但他也该改改不敢跟女生说话的毛病了
Another reason to consider life of piracy.
这也是考虑做海盗的理由
Even today, I understand that's an allmale profession.
即使是今天,海盗仍是男性职业
Okay, she's go.
好了,她走了
Sorry. I lost my cool.
对不起,我失态了
So, what's going on?
怎么回事
Okay, here's the deal:
事情是这样的
Six months ago, my research testing the predicted composition of transneptunian objects ran into a dead end. So?
六个月前,我的实验测试海王星物体的成分宣告失败。所以?
So, my visa's only good as long as i employ to the university. And when they find out that I've got squat,
我的签证只有在大学任聘才有用。如果他们发现我的实验一无所获
They're going to cut me off.
他们就会裁掉我
By the way, when I say squat, I mean diddlysquat.
而且,我说的一无所获是一丁点都没有
I wish I had squat.
我倒是希望有那么一丁点收获
So, wait, what have you been doing for the past six months?
等等,那你过去6个月都在做什么
You know, checking email,
收收邮件啦
Updating my facebook status,
更新FACEBOOK页面啦
Messing up wikipedia entries.
搞搞维基词条啦
Hey, do you know netflix lets you stream movies on your computer now?
你们知道吗?NETFLIX现在允许客户端下载电影了
And you've continued to take the university's money under false pretenses?
这么说你一直都拿大学的薪水蒙混过日子
Highly unethical for an astrophysicist.
你这个天体物理学家也太没职业道德了
Although practically mandatory for a pirate.
不过倒是很适合海盗
I don't want to go back to india.
我不想回印度
It's hot and loud, and there's so many people.
印度又热又吵,人又多
You have no ideathey're everywhere.
你们不知道,到处都是人
Okay, guys, think. How do we keep Raj in the country?
伙计们,动动脑子怎么才能让拉杰留下来
Why doesn't he just get another job?
另找一份工作不就行了
What are you asking me for?
你问我有什么用
I don't know if you can talk now or not.
我哪知道你能不能说话
Oh, beef...
牛肉
I'm going to miss you so much.
我会很想念你的
Do you know, at the mumbai Mcdonald's, You can't get a big mac?
知道吗,孟买的麦当劳没有巨无霸
All you can get is a chicken maharaja mac.
只有鸡肉大君麦香堡
And the special sauce
而特制酱料
Currywhich, in india, believe you me, is really not that special.
咖喱,相信我,在印度咖喱一点也不特别
Don't worry, you'll find another job.
别担心,能找到工作的
Yeah,let me start practicing for it.
我先练习一下
"do you want fries with maharaja mac?"
"要薯条和大君麦香堡吗"
Hi, Leonard.
好啊,莱纳德
Hello, Raj.
好啊,拉杰
Hello, Sheldon.
你好,谢尔顿
Forgive me, as you know, I'm no adept at reading facial cues,
不好意思,虽然我还不善长解读面部表情
But I'm going to take a stab here:
但我想试一试
You're either sad or nauseated.
你不是在伤心就是在反胃中
I'm sad.,I was going to say sad. I don't know why I hedged.
我是伤心,我正准备说伤心的,不知道怎么的我犹豫了
What are you eating?
你在吃什么
Elbow macaroni with ground hamburger and tomato sauce.
曲管通心粉配牛肉酱和番茄酱
Oh, beefaroni.
噢,牛肉通心粉
I think I'll miss you most of all.
我最怀念的就会是你了
I've always been a little confused about this.
我一直对这事儿有些疑惑
Why don't hindus eat beef?
为什么印度教不准吃牛肉
We believe cows are gods.
我们相信牛就是神
Not technically. In hinduism, cattle are thought to be like god.
学术上说并不准确。在印度教中,牛被认为长的像神
Do not tell me about my own culture, Sheldon! In the mood I'm in, I'll take you out I swear to cow!
不需要你教我自家的文化,谢尔顿。就我现在的心情,老子会揪你出去的,我向牛发誓
I'm sorry.
对不起
Me, too. I'm just... I'm a little on edge.
我也是,我只是,我有点激动了
Understandle.
可以理解
Your entire life seems to be crumbling around you,
你的整个人生仿佛崩溃了
And your future appears bleak at best.
你的未来充其量也只能说惨淡无光
Thank you.
谢谢
And you're wrong about hinduism and cows.
而且你在印度教和牛的问题上是错的
Hey, Raj, guess what.
拉杰,你猜怎么着
Professor Laughlin is looking for someone to join the stellar evolution research team.
拉夫林教授正招募人员加入恒星进化科研小组
You-you're kidding! That's fantastic! Come on! What are you waiting for? Call him and set up an interview.
真的吗,那太棒了。那你还在等什么,打电话预约面试啊
I'm on it.
现在就打
That's happy, right?
这叫高兴,对吗
Yeah.,Nailed it.
没错,搞定
Dr. Koothrappali, come on in.
库萨帕里博士,请进
I was surprised to hear you were interested in joining our little team.
我很惊讶你居然想加入我们这个小团队
Giving up on those transneptunian objects, are we?
放弃那些海王星外星体了,是吗
No, no, it's a very promising area.
不,不,那是个很有前景的领域
In a perfect world, I'd spend several more years on it.
如果条件理想,我愿意花数年在这课题上
But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with you on your tremendously exciting
但我却不能放弃这个机会与您共同研究这个令人无比兴奋
And not yet conclusively disproved hypothesis.
且还未最终定论的假设上
Splendid.
说的太精彩了
Uh, please sit down.
请坐
Can I offer you a Sherry?
要来一杯雪利酒吗
It's a little early, isn't it?
现在还为时过早,不是吗
Not on Proxima Centauri.
我们不在比邻星上(很暗的恒星意指还早)
That's very good.
说的太好了
Jolly amusing, but if you don't mind, I'll hold off until suet on Titan.
非常有趣,但如果你不介意的话把我那杯留到泰坦星日落之时(土卫六日落晚)
Well done.
说的好
I have a feeling you're going to fit in just fine, Dr. Koothrappali.
我预感你将会很好的融入这个团队的,库萨帕里博士
Thank you, sir.
谢谢称赞,先生
I'm sorry. Am I late?
不好意思我来晚了吗
No, no, no. Right on time.
不,不,时间正好
Dr. Koothrappali, may I present
库萨帕里博士,请允许我向你介绍
Dr. Millstone from MIT.
来自麻省理工的麦思彤博士
She'll be heading up our data analysis team.
她将领导我们的数据分析小组
It's nice to meet you, Dr. Koothrappali.
很高兴认识你,库萨帕里博士
I read your paper on Kuiper Belt object size distribution.
我读了您关于柯伊伯带物体大小分布的文章
I really enjoy it.
我非常喜欢
How did you correct for the selection bias?
您是如何修正选择偏差的呢
Well, I ran a simulation that allowed me to correct for the observational efficiency.
我进行了模拟测试令我可以修正观测效率
That's just fascinating.
这实在是太牛了
Thank you.
谢谢
Would you like to hear more about it in my hot tub?
你想在我的热水浴池里了解更多细节吗
So, when do I start?
那,我们什么时候开始呢
What do you mean you didn't get the job?
你没得到工作是什么意思
How could you not get it?
你怎么可能得不到
U know... He's british; I'm indian.
你知道的,他是英国人,我是印度人
Ever since Gandhi, they haven't liked us very much.
自甘地之后,他们就对我们不大友好了
Wait, are you saying that he discriminated against you? Because we should file a complaint.
等等,你是说他对你有种族歧视因为我们应该提出控告
That's okay.
可以是可以
A complaint's been filed.
已经有人来控告了
So, that's it.
好了,玩完了
That was my last hope.
那是我最后的希望
I'm going to be deported,
我要被驱除出境了
Sent home in disgrace,
狼狈地回到家里
Exposed to the sardonic barb of my cousin Sanjay.
被我表亲桑杰冷嘲热讽
Or, as you may know him, Dave from at&t customer service.
或许你们知道他的马甲是AT&T的客服人员戴夫
I'm really going to miss you.
我会很想你的
Will you come visit me india?
你会来印度探望我吗
Gee, that's, like, a 17hour flight.
天,那个,貌似要17小时的飞机吧
How about I meet you halfway?
要不我们在中点相见
Halfway is 600 miles off the coast of Japan.
中点是在离日本海岸线600英里的地方
Tell you what, we'll Skype.
干脆这样, 我们视频吧
Gentlemen.
先生们
Hey.,Raj,
嗨,拉杰
Did you get a job with Professor Laughlin?
你得到了拉夫林教授的工作吗
No.,I assumed as much. But never fear.
没有,我猜也是,但别害怕
Like the subordinate male protagonist in countless action movies Who disappears half way through the second reel,
就像是无数的动作片里面那些次要男主角在影片放到一半时消失那样
I have returned to save the day.
我现在回来拯救世界
Odd. Usually, he's met by cheers.
奇怪了,他通常都是在欢呼声中回归的
Anyway, I was thinking about exploring
不论如何,我正想着探索
The string theory implications Of gamma rays from dark matter annihilations,
超弦理论在暗物质湮灭时所放出的伽玛射线中的含义
And it occurred to me that I could benefit. Excuse me, Sheldon.
我突然间发现我能利用。打扰一下,谢尔顿
How many reels before the subordine male protagonist
通常需要浪费多少卷胶片才能让次要的男主角
Gets to s point?
说到重点上
I'm sorry if you didn't cheer at my entrance, it's too late to buy into the premise.
不好意思,如果你没有为我的出场欢呼那你现在提出你的假设也为时已晚了
Anyway, I got some extra money
不管怎么说,我从系主任那里
From the head of the department,
获得了多余的资金
And Raj can come work for me.
而拉杰可以来给我打工
You want me to work with you?
你想让我与你共事
For me.
是给我打工
You're going to have to listen more careful when you're on the job.
你今后在工作的时候必须要更仔细的听清我的话
Ay, uh, please don't take this the wrong way,
好吧,但是可别搞错了
But I'd rather swim bucknaked across the Ganges with a paper cut on my nipple
我情愿在乳头上别张纸赤条条地游过恒河
And die a slow, agonizing death
抑或是染上病毒痛苦而挣扎着死掉
From a viral infection than work with you.
也不要和你一起工作
For me.
是为我工作