Leonard, are you in the shower?
莱纳德 你在洗澡吗
I can't hear you! I'm in the shower!
我听不清 我在洗澡
I asked if you were in the shower, but that's moot now!
我问你是不是在洗澡 现在没意义了
What?
什么
Moot! Rendered unimportant by recent events!
没意义 就是基于现况变得不重要的意思
I can't hear you! I'm in the shower!
我听不清 我在洗澡
I have to skip the chitchat. Emergency.
我不能闲谈了 紧急情况
What kind of emergency?
什么紧急情况
You get mathematical—32-ounce banana smoothie, 16-ounce bladder.
自己算吧 32盎司香蕉冰沙 16盎司的膀胱
You might not want to do that.
你确定你要那么做吗
I assure you I do.
我确定
Sheldon, I'm not alone in here.
谢尔顿 我不是自己在这
What?!
什么
Hello, Sheldon.
你好 谢尔顿
What are you doing in there? She can't be in here!
你在那干吗 她不能在这
We were in here first; you can't be in here.
我们先来的 是你不能在这
According to the roommate agreement, paragraph nine, subsection B, "The right to bathroom privacy " is suspended in the event of force majeure." And believe me, I am experiencing a very majeure force.
根据室友协议 第九段 B分段 洗手间隐私权在遇不可抗力时中止" 相信我 我现在正在经历非常严重的不可抗力
Come on, you can't wait two minutes?
拜托 你等不了2分钟吗
Oh, Leonard, let the man pee.
莱纳德 让这可怜的人尿吧
Penny? Penny? Penny?
佩妮 佩妮 佩妮
What?
干吗
Move. Move. Move!
闪开 闪开 闪开
Dr. Leonard Hofstadter, you are officially charged with two violations of the roommate agreement. Do you waive reading of the charges?
莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士 你正式被控违反2项室友协议 你放弃宣读控告吗
Yeah, fine.
好吧 是
Hang on. No. My client does not waive reading of the charges.
等等 不 我的委托人不放弃宣读控告
Cool. I've got a lawyer. And I've seen her naked. Proceed.
酷 我有律师了 而且我还看过她的裸体 继续
Very well. "Count the first: On or about the 28th day of April, the accused did knowingly and with malice aforethought deny access to the shared bathroom in a time of emergency, to wit, my back teeth were floating. Count the second: the accused exceeded the agreed upon occupancy of the shower, to wit, one, unless we are under attack by water-soluble aliens."
很好 "罪行一 4月28日左右 在紧急时刻 确切地说 在"明知我的牙都被水淹了"的情况下(比喻及其需要尿哗哗 )被告蓄意预谋拒绝我使用共用洗手间 罪行二 被告超过约定的浴室占用量 确切地说 一个人 除非我们被可溶于水的外星人攻击"
Can I see the roommate agreement?
我能看看室友协议吗
Um, it's fairly technical.
它非常专业
I think I can handle it.
我认为我能应付
Top of her class, Cambridge University. Licensed to practice law in three countries and your face.
她们班的尖子生 剑桥大学 在三个国家有律师执业许可直接KO你
All right, based on a cursory reading, it doesn't look like you have much of a case, Sheldon.
好吧 根据我的粗略阅读 看起来你没什么获胜的几率 谢尔顿
Do so, do so.
不可能 不可能
Oh, I'm afraid not. Section seven here, on the right to enter the bathroom in emergency situations, is not specific as to what constitutes an emergency.
恐怕是的 第七部分这里 紧急情况下进入洗手间的权利没有明确约定什么是紧急情况
Oh, that's ridiculous! A bathroom emergency is self-explanatory.
这太荒唐了 洗手间紧急情况不言自明
Is it? If Leonard forgot to trim his nose hair, could he barge in while you were showering?
是吗 如果莱纳德忘记修剪鼻毛 他能在你洗澡的时候闯进去吗
Irrelevant. Leonard doesn't trimis nose hair. He thinks because he's short nobody can see up there.
不相干 莱纳德不剪鼻毛 他认为因为他很矮 所有没人能看得到
My point is, Sheldon, the legal principle is, ambiguity in a contract benefits the party that did not draft it, in this case, Leonard. So much for count one.
我的重点是 谢尔顿 法律准则是 合同中的意义不明确使未参与起草的一方受益 在本案中是莱纳德 第一条到此为止
But...
但是
There's no buts, Sheldon; that's how the law works.
没有但是 谢尔顿 法律就是这样
Schooled!
完败
As for the shower capacity issue, I cite addendum J. "When Sheldon showers second, any and all measures shall be taken to ensure an adequate supply of hot water."I believe this supercedes the occupancy issue.
至于浴室容量问题 我引用附录J 当谢尔顿第二个洗澡时 必须采取各种方法保证有足够的热水" 我认为这取代了占用问题
Superceded! This isn't over.
被取代了 这事没完
No offense, but shower sex with you is now the second best thing that's happened today.
别见怪 但是跟你淋浴做爱是今天第二棒的事
Mmm, Greek food on pizza night?
披萨之夜吃希腊菜
This is the most delightfully cruel thing we've done to Sheldon since we left that fake message from Stephen Hawking on his voice mail.
这是自从我们在谢尔顿的语音邮箱里留了史蒂芬·霍金的假留言以来 对谢尔顿最残忍的事了 太愉悦了
Seriously?
真的吗
I wish to discuss your theories of black holes. Meet me at the Randy's Donut by the airport at 2:00 a.m.
我想跟你讨论一下你的黑洞理论 凌晨2点 在机场旁边的兰迪甜甜圈等我
What is that you're eating? Tonight is pizza night.
你们吃的什么 今晚是披萨之夜
I'd like to refer that to my attorney.
我要把这个问题交给我的律师回答
According to what I see here, Thursday nights are Franconi's pizza night.
根据我在这里看到的 周四晚上是Franconi披萨之夜
Yes, and when Franconi's went out of business, we switched to Graziano's.
对 当Franconi倒闭时 我们换成了Graziano's
That's interesting. Can you just switch restaurants like that, Priya?
有意思 普丽娅 可以像他那样随便更换餐厅吗
A good question, Howard. Turns out you can't.
问得好 霍华德 其实是不可以的
According to the document you drew up, Sheldon, the selection of a new takeout restaurant requires public hearings and a 60-day comment period. Were those criteria met?
谢尔顿 根据你所制定的条例 选择一家新的外卖餐厅需进行公开听证会和为期六十天的评议审核 以上条件均符合吗
No. Opa! Opa! Opa!
没有 万岁 万岁 万岁
This is Greek food? Leonard, you hate Greek food.
这是希腊菜吗 莱纳德 你讨厌吃希腊菜的啊
Not as much as you.
你比我更讨厌吃啊
Fine. I'm nothing if not adaptable.
好吧 我的适应能力很强
I got you the lamb kabob.
我给你买了羊肉串
Thank you. If you think about it, Greek food isn't that far from Italian food. They share a spice palette. And what a civilization is the Greeks! They gave us science, democracy, and little cubes of charred meat that taste like sweat.
谢谢 其实仔细想想 希腊菜和意大利菜有很多相似之处 两种菜的调料差不多 还有 希腊文明多么令人赞叹啊 他们为我们带来了科学 民主和尝起来像汗味的烧焦小肉块
Penny? Penny? Penny?
佩妮 佩妮 佩妮
Hey. What's up?
怎么了
The mean Indian lady tried to make me eat lamb. Congratulations. Pizza night will now be at your apartment. Order one.
那个刻薄的印度女人想逼我吃羊肉 恭喜你 比萨之夜将于你家进行 去点一个吧
Oh, I'm sorry, honey, I'm meeting Amy and Bernadette for dinner. But you're welcome to tag along.
抱歉 亲爱的 我要和艾米 伯纳黛特共进晚餐 但你可以和我们一起啊
A girls' night? Oh, I don't know if I'm up for an evening talking about rainbows, unicorns and menstrual cramps.
女生之夜吗 我大概没有做好心理准备整晚听你们讨论彩虹 独角兽和痛经
Okay, suit yourself. We'll probably be trashing Priya a little.
好吧 随你的便 我们可能会说点普丽娅的坏话
Shotgun.
副驾驶是我的
Okay, I'd like to propose a toast to a wonderful girls' night out.
好了 让我们为欢乐的女生之夜干杯
Fair warning—we can get ca-razy.
友情提示: 我们会变得很疯狂的哦
Yeah. Last week we smoked cigars and pretended to be dragons.
是呀 上周我们抽了雪茄还假装自己是龙呢
Really, Amy? Tobacco and alcohol? Need I remind you not a lot of scientific discoveries were made by people having a good time?
开什么玩笑 艾米 你也开始抽烟喝酒了吗 需要我来提醒你没有多少科学发现是在不苦逼的情况下做到的吗
Why did you bring him? He's harshing my buzz.
你为什么要把他带来 太扫兴了
I felt sorry for him. Priya's giving him a hard time.
我是因为同情他 普丽娅折磨他来着
Ooh, the Priya bashing's starting early. Yay! Okay, what's up with those pantsuits?
这么早就开始痛骂普丽娅了 爽 那个西装裤女又怎么了
I need some context.
求解释
Pantsuits suck.
西裤套装逊毙了
And that opens her up to justifiable ridicule for wearing them. Good one, Bernadette. See? Ca-razy.
这下我们可以尽情地对她那套衣服嘲讽了 说得好 伯纳黛特 疯狂吧
You smell like baby powder.
你身上有婴儿爽身粉的味道
It's talc. But as that's a primary ingredient of baby powder, I understand your confusion.
是滑石粉 但由于滑石粉是婴儿爽身粉的原材料 你会搞错也是人之常情
Oh, I'm not confused at all. You're like a sexy toddler.
我一点都没搞错 你简直像个性感的婴儿
I don't know how to process that.
我不知道该怎么接话了
I do. Amy and Sheldon sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-S-S-I-N-G.
我知道 艾米和谢尔顿坐在树上 亲亲亲亲嘴
That's too many S's for "kissing."
"亲嘴"里面没有那么多"亲"
Not if they're doing it for a long time.
可如果他们亲了好久呢
Sheldon... have you ever kissed a girl?
谢尔顿...你以前亲过姑娘吗
Other than my mother, my sister and my Mee-Maw, no. But in the interest of full disclosure, I was once on a bus and had to give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to an elderly nun who passed out from heat exhaustion. Every year I get a Christmas card from her, signed with far too many X's and O's.
我只吻过我的母亲 姐姐和奶奶 但为了让大家了解到全部真相 有一次在公交车上 我曾为一位因轻微中暑而晕厥的老修女做过嘴对嘴人工呼吸 每年圣诞节我都会收到她的贺卡 她会在签名里加很多X和O (拥抱与亲吻)
That doesn't count. Aren't you even a little curious?
那根本不算 难道你一点都不好奇吗
Yeah, you're a scientist—where is the curiosity?
对啊 你可是个科学家 你的好奇心跑哪去了
I'm available for experimentation.
我能做试验品
Thank you. Not necessary. We know everything there is to know about kissing. It requires 34 facial muscles and 112 postural muscles.
谢谢 没有必要 我们已经掌握了关于接吻的所有细节 接吻需牵动34条面部肌肉和112条姿势肌
Oh, blah, blah, blah. Give me some sugar, bestie.
扯 扯 扯 亲爱的 给我点甜头尝尝
I'm certainly glad no one said they were curious about Aztec human sacrifice.
令我感到庆幸的是没人对阿兹特克人体祭祀感兴趣
Hey, I know-- let's take Sheldon dancing.
对了 我们带谢尔顿去跳舞吧
Ooh, I totally want to see Sheldon dance. I bet he looks like a spider on a hot plate.
我超想看谢尔顿跳舞的样子 我敢说他会像只热锅上的蚂蚁
No, thank you, but for the record, I'm an excellent dancer. Proficient in the Rumba, Waltz and Cha-cha.
谢谢 不必了 但需要声明一下 我拥有精湛的舞技 我熟练掌握了伦巴 华尔兹和恰恰舞
Really?
真的吗
I don't see why that's surprising. I excel at so many things. You've had my sourdough bread.
真不明白这有什么好奇怪的 我擅长的事太多了 还吃过我做的酸面包吧
Did you take dance lessons?
你上过舞蹈课吗
Against my will, in the South, preadolescent children are forced through a process called cotillion, which indoctrinates them with all the social graces and dance skills needed to function in 18th century Vienna.
虽然我不情愿 但在南方 未成年孩童都要强制上沙龙舞课程 灌输他们必须的社交风度和舞蹈技能 以适应18世纪的维也纳
Oh, we are so taking you dancing.
哦 我们一定一定要带你跳舞去
No, you most certainly are not.
不 你们更多的肯定是不想带
Well, what does your cotillion training say is expected of a gentleman when three ladies ask him to escort them to a dance soiree?
你受过的沙龙舞训练怎么教你的绅士收到三位淑女要求 请他护送至舞会 你该怎么做
I saved a nun's life, Why am I being punished?
我救过一位修女的命 上帝为何还要这样惩罚我