手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 波士顿法律 > 波士顿法律第二季 > 正文

波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第16集 伴郎

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

That is some fine South of the border Schmidt.

你的曲线真是美
Ivan?
伊凡?
Take me back Shirley, that's all I ask.
我们和好吧,雪莉,这是我全部的要求
You came here to ask me to take you back?
你来这就是要求我和你和好?
No actually, I'm getting married.
不完全是,我要结婚了
But if you were to take me back.
但是如果你要和我和好的话
Married? Ivan, no, we talked about this.
结婚?伊凡,不,我们讨论过这个
This time It's real, Shirley. I feel it deep down to my...
这次是真的,雪莉,我感到这次我是真的陷下去了
Bone, I'm sure.
噢,我肯定
She's funny, she's smart. She's practically you,
她很有趣,很聪明,她简直就是你
just a much younger model.
只是更年轻的你
Aw, that's sweet.
噢,很好啊
Shirley
雪莉,
I'd like you to be best man.
我想要你做伴郎
What do you mean?
什么意思?
If a man wants his closest friend to be his best man he should have it.
如果一个男人想要他最亲密的朋友做伴郎,他应该得到这些
Stand by my side Shirley.
帮帮我,雪莉
I want you to give me away. It's only right.
我想要你把我交给新娘,就这样
Uh, first of all you raise several issues.
呃,首先,有几个问题
The first is that the best man doesn'tgive the groom away.
第一是在举行婚礼时通常是把新娘交给新郎
The second is that you and I used to be married
第二是你和我曾经结过婚
and the third is I'm not a man.
第三,我不是男人
As trustee for my heart for twentyfive plus years...
作为我的心灵25年多的信托人
We were only married for four.
我们只结婚了四年
I have only known two great loves in my life.
我的一生中只有两段伟大爱情
You. And now Missy.
你,和现在的米西
Okay. As far as our great love goes, you strayed during our honeymoon.
好吧,拿我们伟大的爱情来说吧,你曾在我们蜜月期间乱搞
And let's not even discuss the name Missy, is she a pony?
更不要提起米西这个名字了,,难道是一匹小马?
Be my best man.
做我的伴郎
So why not do it? Be in his wedding.
为什么不这么做?出现在他的婚礼上
An exwife as a best man? Come on, Paul.
前妻做伴郎?得了吧,保罗!
But if you're as close as you say, and the fiance is okay with it.
但是如果像你说得那样关系亲密,而且那个未婚妻不会介意的话
There's also a rehearsal dinner. He wants me there at that.
还有一场预演宴席,他想要我出席,(结婚前一天伴郎伴娘证婚人等为婚礼,排练预演完后请他们吃饭)
All I know is when someone asks you to be in his wedding...
我所知道的是有人邀请你参加婚礼
How many has he had?
他能够有多少次婚礼啊?
This one will be number six.
这是第六次
Oh.
So thanks again for the worryin' and waitin'
再次感谢,对我的关心和等待
When I started datin' on weekend nights
在我周末晚上,情窦初开
And thanks again for the help with my homework
再次感谢,对我功课的关怀
And sittin' up with me till I got it right
陪伴我身旁,面对难题挑战
Your car for the prom, your letters in 'Nam
载我去舞会,从越南寄回的邮件
But most of all, Daddy, for marryin' Mom
重要的是,爸爸,娶了妈妈
To my beautiful life long friends
在我美好的一生中,做我的伙伴
Hey, Mom and Daddy thanks again.
嗨,妈妈爸爸,让我再次感谢你们
Sweet song.
好歌
Even if I did do it...
就算我答应了
Paul? Are you okay? Paul
你还好吗?
Yeah. Yeah. I'm just a sap when it comes to sentimental songs.
没事,没事,我只是听到动情的歌曲会呆住
If she sings, You light up my life I'll be on the floor.
她怎么不唱,你照亮我的人生,让我一路前行
Where were we?
我们谈到哪了?
I was obsessing about my exhusbands nuptuials.
我在为我前夫的婚姻而烦恼
How's your daughter by the way?
对了,你女儿怎样了?
Rachel, right?
叫瑞秋吧?
Alzheimers was her worst fear.
阿兹海默症(老年痴呆)是她最大的恐惧
She had gotten to the point where she was forgetting,
当发病时她开始遗忘
and she was losing control of her body.
并且对自己的身体失去了控制
And she begged me to help her do it.
她求我帮助她
And I complied.
我答应了
How did you comply?
你如何答应的?
We had hired a nurse who had previously worked at a hospice for dying patients
我们雇了一个护士,她先前在濒危病人室工作过
and she was familiar with setting up morphine drips,
她还对注射吗啡很熟练
and I persuaded her to set one for us
我们劝她为我们注射吗啡
in case pain management ever became an issue.
以备缓解疼痛之需
And you increased the drip to cause your wife's death?
然后你加大注射量,造成妻子死亡?
Yes. My lawyer is recommending that I plead to manslaughter
是的,我的律师建议我承认过失杀人
but I simply cannot bring myself to do that. I am not a criminal.
但是我不可能做那些事,我不是罪犯
If you agree to take over, I think that you should just jump right in.
如果你同意接管,我认为正是时候
The case is not very complicated, and according to our jury consultants,
案情并不复杂,而且根据陪审团调查结果
we have a very sympathetic group impaneled.
我们赢得了很多陪审员的同情
Well, if you're serious about moving forward immediately,
呃,如果你想尽快取得进展的话
then I would advise you to stay with your current lawyer.
我建议你还是用你现在的律师比较好
Well, he doesn't think that he can win it.
唉,他没有把握赢这场官司
And various people are telling me that you can.
很多人告诉我你可以赢
How we doing?
你怎么了?
It was as if that song was pointed right at my head.
好像那首歌还在我脑海中回荡
I did her homework with her, drove her to the prom,
我陪她做作业,我送她去学校舞会
all the nights I waited up.
每晚都等她回家
What happened?
发生什么事?
She basically stole from me.
她根本就在偷我的钱
How?
如何偷?
You name it.
你能想到的
She'd feign problems with rent. Her health. Credit card debt.
她捏造各种各样的理由,租金,医疗,信用卡欠款
She'd invent all kinds of crisis to impel me to write a check,
她制造了各种各样的危机来迫使我给她开支票
the proceeds of which would always go to feed her drug habit.
这些钱最后都是满足了她的毒瘾
The last straw, I got her in a program,
最后一次,我把她送到戒毒所,高级的那种
an exclusive one, I told her if she left she was cut off.
我告诉她,如果她离开,我就中止对她的援助
She left?
她离开了?
We had a fight. I haven't spoken to her since.
我们吵了一架,从此我再没有跟她说过话
That was seven years ago.
那是七年前的事了
You should go see her.
你应该去看她
let's list all the reason not to and put them under column A.
让我们列出所有不去的原因,放在A栏下
And column B?
那B栏是什么?
She's your daughter.
她是你的女儿
Denny Crane. No comment. Denny Crane
无可奉告
The blind shall lead, only in America.
盲人该带头(The blind shall lead),只在美国
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
I'll ask for a continuance if they wont.
我请求延期审理
On grounds They're not ready?
理由是他们没有准备好?
Your Honor. This is a tactic.
法官阁下,这是一种战术
Mr Shore figures to lose at trial...
肖尔先生好像表示出要输掉官司了
I rarely lose. And certainly not to you.
我难得输,尤其不输给你
So what he's obviously trying to do here is pile on as many grounds
所以他现在明显是在堆砌理由来尽量上诉
for appeal as possible, including it seems, inadequate counsel.
包括不恰当的提议
Do you two have prior relationship?
你们两人之前很熟?
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
When I was in private practice Mr Shore hacked
当我私人执业的时候
into my clients corporate files and then blackmailed him.
肖尔先生黑了我当事人的公司档案并威胁他
Successfully. You left that out.
很成功,这才是重点
Mr Shore, the court does have concerns
肖尔先生,本庭确实有考虑到
with new counsel taking this over the day of trial.
在开庭当天,你作为新的律师接管了此案
My client doesn't want a delay.
我的当事人不想延期
You already know he refused to waive his right to a speedy trial.
您已经知道,他拒绝行使快速审判的权利
Then you're on record as being ready?
那么你准备好了?
Well bring in the jury at two o'clock.
好的,2点开庭
Thank you.
谢谢
Are you okay with this?
你感觉好吗?
Oh, I am. you're dear to my Ivan. And I'm certainly wise enough
噢,是的,你对我的伊凡很重要
to know that the heart wants what the heart wants.
而且我足够明智,知道心心相印的需要
So long as his penis doesn't weigh in.
只要他的小弟弟不出轨就好
She has a funny laugh. I didn't tell you.
我没告诉你,她的笑声很有趣
Yes, you left that out.
是的,你没提过
Bambi's mother got shot.
班比的妈妈中枪了
Sometimes when she starts she can't stop,
有时她一开始笑就停不下来
so I have to tell her something tragic to snap her out of it.
因此我必须告诉她一些悲惨的事来让她停下
Tell me. What brought you two together?
告诉我,是什么让你们走到一起?
Well, I'd have to say, church.
呃,我得说是教堂
Also his sense of humor. did he make you giggle?
还有他的幽默感,他曾让你笑个不停吗?
Only in bed.
只在床上
It's best not to amuse her.
最好不要逗她笑
I can see this.
我知道了
Bill Buckner.
比尔·巴克纳 (波士顿红袜队一垒手,于1986年演出了大联盟史上最著名的失误)
I apologize. Anyhow, where we really connected,
我道歉,总之,我们的共同之处
I think, was our love of musical theater.
我想,是我们对音乐剧的热爱
Anybody could be that guy
任何人都可能成为那个人
Mamamia.
妈妈咪呀
Here I go again.
我再一次成功了
I was hired as Mrs. Myerson's private nurse.
我被雇为迈尔森夫人的私人护士
I worked in her employ up until the time of her death.
我一直工作到她死的时候为止
In fact, Ms Young... it was you who supplied the defendant with
事实上,杨女士
the morphine and the IV, is that correct?
是你为被告提供吗啡和静脉注射,是吗?
Yes.
是的
Did he tell you what he wanted the morphine drip for?
他有告诉你他要这些吗啡注射是什么原因吗?
He said if she ever got in too much pain he wanted to help her manage it.
他说,如果她太痛苦,他想帮助她减轻痛苦
And how is it you even had access to this drug?
那么你为什么有这些药?
I had worked at a hospice for people dying of terminal diseases.
我曾经在一所绝症病人收容所工作
It was quite common for morphine drips
吗啡注射液
to be used in connection with pain management.
在控制疼痛上已被普遍使用
But don't you typically need a prescription?
但是你不应该需要处方吗?
Ordinarily, but I have a small stockpile, I guess would be the word.
一般是需要的,不过我有一些储备,我想是允许的
I never thought Mr Myerson would use it to actually cause her death.
我从不认为迈尔森先生,会用它导致夫人的死亡
You stated you never thought my client
你说,你从不认为我的当事人
would use the morphine to cause his wife's death.
会用吗啡来导致他妻子的死亡
would that be because you knew him to love his wife very much?
这是不是因为,你知道他很爱他的妻子?
That would be one reason, yes.
是的,这是一个原因
Did Mrs Myerson ever communicate to you that she would rather die
迈尔森夫人有没有跟你说过,她宁愿死
than live through the experience of her brain being destroyed by this disease?
也不愿活着让她的大脑受这种病痛的摧残?
She said so many times.
她说过很多次
Is there any doubt in your mind that Mrs Myerson wanted to end her life?
你是否怀疑过,迈尔森夫人,想结束自己的生命?
None. She asked me to help her. I said I couldn't legally.
不,她请求我的帮助,我说我不能帮助她,这不合法
And thats when she turned to her husband.
接着她就转而向她丈夫求助
Thank you.
谢谢
Helloooo...
你好!
Whaddya think?
你认为怎样?
I'm curious about your thoughts,
我很好奇你的想法
if they involve me putting that on in this life time...
如果他们要我穿上这件礼服
All the bridesmaids are wearing it.
所有的伴娘都是这样穿的
It's green.
这是绿色的
Yeah.
Shirley, May we speak as girlfriends for a second?
雪莉我们能像闺中朋友一样说一会话吗?
I met you this morning.
我今天上午认识的你
I know you're happy for Ivan and me.
我知道你为伊凡和我高兴
But I don't want to be insensitive.
但是我不想那么不近人情
If It's too difficult for you to be giving him away at the ceremony...
如果你实在觉得在婚礼上,把他托付出去很困难
As long as were speaking as girlfriends.
现在我们是以闺中朋友的身份在交谈
Aside from God and Les Miserables,
除了上帝和歌剧
how are you and Ivan... compatible?
你和伊凡还有什么共同点?
Well, we love children.
我们喜欢孩子
I'm a wonderful housekeeper,
我是个出色的女管家
I like to cook, these are traditional values I speak of.
我喜欢烹饪,这些是传统的美德
I'm sexually very... indefatigable.
我性欲很强
Oh, God. Tsunami. Holocaust. Trent Lott.
噢,天哪! Tsunami Holocaust Trent Lott (以上均为不好的事情,请查阅google)
Are you ah, are you one of those?
你是,你是这些人中的一员吗?
Those?
哪些?
Those people who mock the religious right or put down our administration.
那些嘲笑宗教权利或者想不喜欢这种仪式的人
I would never...
我从来没有
Who's dead?
谁死了?
Nobody's dead, Rachel.
没有人死,瑞秋
I just came...
我只是过来
to say hello.
跟你问声好
Is that it?
就这样?
Look, Rachel.
听着,瑞秋
Whatever damage... I'd like to begin to repair it.
不管什么被破坏了,我都愿意修补它
Well, dad, I, I think we both can agree wed need to start with an apology.
好了,爸爸,我想我们都同意,我们得先从道歉开始
Where we differ is on who needs to give it.
我们的分歧在于,谁需要向谁道歉
I'm sorry that we lost track for seven yeasr.
我很抱歉,我们失去联系七年
But I don't owe you an apology...
但是我并不欠你道歉
See you, dad.
够了,爸爸
Wait. Can we talk?
等等,我们能谈谈吗?
I'm kinda busy.
我很忙
With what?
忙什么?
Who is this?
这是谁?
Your granddaughter.
你外孙女
So far he's been paying child support, so financially he's been responsible.
现在他有付抚养费,所以他在经济上还是负责的
How soon after did you split up?
你们什么时候分开的?
We were never together, dad. It was one of those things.
我们从来没有在一起过,就是这样而已
You're shocked.
你很震惊
Rachel, you're almost forty. Rachel
你快四十岁了
Meaning what, time to grow up?
什么意思?是时候长大了?
Meaning, perhaps when choosing men...
意思是,当你选择男人的时候
Find one who wont walk out on me,
找一个不会抛弃我的人
yeah, well, you know what they say,
是的,你知道他们说什么
girls looks to marry their fathers.
女孩们总是想嫁个像父亲那样的人
I never walked out on your mother.
我从来没有抛弃你母亲
No. But you walked out on me.
是的,但是你抛弃了我
I did not!
我没有!
You stole from me, I had no...
你偷我东西,我没有选择
Hey! She's three.
嘿,她三岁了
She can understand what you're saying.
她能听懂你在说什么
Hello, sweetheart. You look...
嗨,宝贝,你看起来
She just doesn't know you, that's all.
她只是不认识你,就这样
How angry you must be with me.
你对我有多么生气
To not tell me... that I had a granddaughter.
才能不告诉我,我有一个外孙女?
How angry you must be.
你就这么生气吗
This district attorney is not without talent.
这个区的律师不是没有能力的
If he's able to present our client in any unsympathetic light,
如果他能够让我们的当事人得不到同情
we'll lose.
那我们就输定了
You okay?
你还好吗?
I'm tired of my Alzheimers being a story point.
我厌倦了我的阿兹海默症成为故事的焦点
This isn't your story, Denny.
那不是你的故事,丹尼
And your MRI was fine, remember? No progression.
你的MRI(核磁共振,用来检查肿瘤)检查结果很好,记得吗?没有迹象
Imagine killing somebody you deeply love.
想像你杀死自己深爱的人
Even to spare suffering.
就算是为了解除她的痛苦
You said you'd do it for me.
你说过你会为我做这些
You promised.
你承诺过
I don't know that I could.
我不知道能不能做到
Well, don't worry, you're off the hook.
别担心,你不会被连累
If the day comes,
如果那天到来
Bev said she'd sit on me.
贝弗说她照顾我,(字面意思会坐在我上面)
Ah! Boots on.
哈!牡丹花下死
That's what we did with my father.
这正是我们对我父亲做的
Morphine drip.
吗啡试剂
She loved to read more than anything else in the world.
她喜欢读书胜过一切
And in the last few months, she couldn't even do that.
在最后几个月,她连这个都做不了
What about the physical symptoms?
那她身体的症状是什么?
Ah, well, her motor control was declining, which is why we hired the nurse.
呃,她的神经控制能力渐渐衰退,这也是我们雇佣护士的原因
She battled incontinence.
她与大小便失禁做斗争
But mainly... it was the sense that her brain was dying.
但是,基本上,这是她的大脑开始死亡的讯号
And she knew it.
她也知道这一点
I mean, this was a proud, fiercely intelligent woman who...
我的意思是,这是一种骄傲,一个高智商的女人
was becoming an imbecile, not only in front everybody else's eyes.
渐渐变成一个弱智,不光是在每个人眼前
But her own.
还在她自己眼前
Were you present when she died?
当她死时你在场吗?
Yes. It, it was tragic.
在,悲痛至极
But it pales to the tragedy had she gone on living.
但是如果她继续活着将是更大的悲剧
You practiced law together?
你曾是律所合伙人?
My very first firm.
我的第一间公司
Tiggs and Schmidt. It flopped.
Tiggs and Schmidt事务所,它倒了
We were great partners, but lousy partners.
我们是很好的合伙人,但是互相厌恶
But boy, it was fun.
但是,很有趣
Come on!
Oh, God!
噢,天哪!
Directions to the rehearsal dinner.
预演宴席的安排
In a Eight oclock! You can bring a date!
在八点,你可以带个伴
You think It's funny?
你认为很有趣?
I do.
是的
You're coming with me. Eight o'clock! I can bring a date!
你和我一起,八点!我可以带个伴!
Hellooo! time for my toast.
大家好!下面我来致辞!
Why am I here?
我为什么会在这里?
Why am I?
我为什么也在这里?
First, I'd like to thank you all for coming tonight...
首先,我很感谢大家今晚能到场
I have a confession to make.
我要忏悔
I never really thought I'd get married.
我从没有认真想过我会结婚
I'd always hoped to, but... well...
我一直一来都很希望,但是
the thought that I'd actually meet a man who could look past my various
从没想到我会真正碰到一个男人
eccentricities and quirks and see me for my heart.
他会透过我的各种古怪行为甚至怪癖,看到我的内心
I never thought I'd actually meet a man who...
我从没想到我能碰到这样的男人
Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
也许我有一个不好的童年时光
You have gotta be kidding.
你一定在开玩笑
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
也许我有一个悲惨的青年时期
But somewhere in my wicked miserable past
但是在我悲惨的过去
There must have been a moment of truth
一定有着真实的一刻
Am I being punked? Be nice.
我被耍了吗? 镇定点
For here you are standing there loving me
你站在这里爱着我
Whether or not you should
无论你是否应该这么做
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
因此在我的过去某一刻
I must've done something good.
我定是做对了什么
Come on, rehearsal dinners are meant to be silly.
得了,预演宴席本来就比较无聊
Let me take you back thirty years or so to ours.
让我们回顾下三十年前我们那时候的事
I don't relive past traumas.
我不想再揭过去的伤疤
Then let me just take you back.
我只是想带你回顾一下
Do you really love this girl, Ivan? Ivan
你真的爱这个女孩吗?
Love is a state of mind, Shirley.
雪莉爱是一种心理的状态
No, It's not, maybe that's your problem, you think.
不,不是,也许那是你的问题,你认为
My problem is I love you.
我的问题是,我爱你
There, I said it. I love you. Never stopped.
噢,我说出来了,我爱你,从没有停止过
This isnt fair what you're doing to this girl.
你对这个女孩所做的事不公平
I have enormous affection for her.
我对她有很深的爱慕
The sex is rewarding. I make her happy.
性就是回报,我让她很高兴
All adds up to a workable equation.
这一切都达到了平衡
Your sense of romance is overwhelming.
你的浪漫感觉真是压倒一切
We always said what a mistake it was for us to get married?
我们总是说,我们的婚姻真是一个错误
Maybe the blunder was splitting up.
也许更大的错是离婚
Do you ever wonder?
你曾经疑惑吗?
No.
May I kiss the bride one last time before the ceremony?
我能在婚礼前最后吻新娘一次吗?
I'm the best man. Very bad idea.
我是伴郎,很糟糕的主意
Now that was romance.
现在很浪漫
Yes it was.
是的
Good night, Ivan.
晚安,伊凡
The thing is, dad,
事情是这样的
I can handle not knowing whether you're in my life or not,
当我不知道你是否会回到我的生命时,我能处理这种心情
but Fiona's asking me, Is Grandpa ever coming back?
但是菲奥纳问我,外公会回来吗?
I gotta know what to tell her.
我得知道怎么回答她
Do you want me in your life?
你想要我回到你的生命吗?
It's nice how you can put accusations in question form.
你能把指控变成疑问,这很好
Let me try. Did you mean to suggest our estrangement was my doing
让我试试,你的意思是,我们的不和是因为我的行为
when it was you refusing to so much as take my phone calls for threeplus years?
而不是你三年多不接我的电话?
How's that?
是这样吗?
Close that door.
关上门
I heard you say that she was emotionally unstable.
你曾说,她情绪不稳定
Is it possible her decision was influenced by this instability?
有没可能她的决定受这种不稳定性的影响?
No.
没有
No?
没有?
did you have a therapist or any trained professional
你有没请过心理医生或者专家来跟她谈
speak with her about her apparent wish to die?
关于她的明显想死的念头?
I knew my wife better than any therapist ever could,
我比任何专家都更了解我的妻子
and her wish to die was not apparent.
而且她想死的意愿外表上看不出来
You, you stated that she was becoming an imbecile.
你曾说,她变成一个弱智
That must have been excruciating for you.
这对你来说必定很难以承受
Was it a relief in any way at all when she died?
那么她的死对你是一种解脱吗?
It was a relief to see her suffering end.
当看到她的痛苦终结,这是一种解脱
I'm sorry to be asking these questions.
我们抱歉提出这样的问题
It's just sometimes, in these situations It's actually
只是有时候,在这种情景下
more about sparing the family's suffering than it is the victims.
这确实是解除家人的痛苦而不是受害者的
Objection!
反对!
The objections overruled.
反对无效
Are you alright, Mr Crane?
你还好吗,克兰先生?
Sir, how much was it costing you per month to care for your wife?
先生,你每个月花费多少时间照顾你的妻子?
You know, I, I'm just about one second away from taking a fist to your head.
你知道吗,我想下一秒就把拳头砸在你头上!
Mr. Myerson!
迈尔森先生!
That strikes me as impulsive. Are you an impulsive person?
刚才对我的攻击很冲动,你是个冲动的人吗?
Your Honor, this badgering has gone on long enough.
法官阁下,这次盘问的时间够久了
I am simply trying to establish that Mr Myerson and the deceased
我只是想陈述,迈尔森先生和死者
were the two most emotionally disabled people in all of this,
是两个情绪失常的人
the very last two people who should be entrusted
两个最不该被给予权利
to make a decision to end human life.
来结束人的生命的人
I'm sorry. I lost a crown on my tooth last night;
抱歉,我昨晚丢失了一颗假牙
I was wondering whether perhaps you swallowed it.
我想问你是否吞下了它
Aren't you ashamed of what... happened?
你对所发生的一切不感到羞愧吗?
No, but I can see you are, so were covered.
不,但是我看到你是这样,所以我掩饰了
Ivan! You are getting married, and you're kissing another woman. Ivan
你要结婚了,但是你吻了另一个女人
Not just any woman. I promise.
不是随便一个女人就行的,我保证
You simply cannot marry this girl, not if...
你不能跟这个女孩结婚,只要
Theres only one thing that can stop it.
只有一件事可以阻止它发生
And that is?
是什么?
I'm lookin at her.
我正在看着她呢
Final offer. Marry me.
最后一次,嫁给我
You're out of your mind.
你疯了
You didn't say, No.
你没有说,不
No.
You didn't mean No.
你的意思不是,不
No means No.
不就是不
If not you, then her.
如果不是你,就是她
For God's sake, Ivan, think of her.
老天,伊凡,想想她吧!
See you at the ceremony, Shirl.
在婚礼上见了,雪莉
I was not going to enable you any longer!
我不会再给你任何机会!
So you stop giving me money,
所以你停止给我钱
but to walk out, to refuse to take my calls,
但是离开家,拒绝接我的电话
to tell security at your damn firm not let me in?!
告诉你那该死的公司的保安不让我进去?!
If you think you're going to lay this on me...
如果你偏要把这一切都归到我头上
I gave you everything!
我给你一切!
It was your job to give me everything!
给我一切应该是你的职责!
Just like It's my job to give Fionna everything, no matter what!
就像我的职责是给费欧娜一切,不管发生什么!
At some point... I needed you!
在某种程度上我当时需要你!
For Gods sake, dad, I was a drug addict, an alcoholic...
看在上帝的份上,爸爸,我曾经是个瘾君子,一个酒鬼
I had nothing. I needed my father. And you abandoned me.
我一无所有,我需要我的父亲,但是你抛弃了我
You think that was easy for me?
你认为我做这些很容易吗?
I spoke to counselors, professionals.
我跟顾问谈,跟专家谈
They all told me you had to hit bottom before...
他们都告诉我,必须让你跌到谷底,然后
Well, mission accomplished, dad. Because I did.
够了,任务完成了,爸爸,因为我的确是
In my darkest days...
在我人生最黑暗的日子里
during your mother's illness,
当你妈妈病重的时候
I would let my mind wander to you.
我一直在想着你
I would dream... of being there for you
我梦想我会在你身边
when you give birth to our first grandchild.
当你生下我们第一个外孙的时候
Getting to hold and love
我又拥有并爱着一个孩子
a baby all over again, like I did you.
就像你一样
How dare you take that from me? How dare you?
你怎么能把这些本该属于我的剥夺掉?怎么能?
Well you know what, dad? In my darkest day...
你知道吗,爸爸,在我最黑暗的日子里
through it all... I had one little thing, one tiny semblance of a foundation.
贯穿始终的,我只有一个小小的信念,一个微小的支撑我下去的假象
It was knowing that no matter what,
这种信念就是,无论如何
my father would be there for me.
我父亲都会在我身边支持我
And he wasn't.
但是他没有
He wasn't.
他没有
How dare you take that from me?
你怎么能这样对我?
Shall we request that other song?
需要另点一首歌吗?
For my money, she probably did hit bottom because you walked away
我认为,她很可能跌到谷底,因为你离开她
and that maybe saved her life. Forgive her.
而这可能挽救了她,原谅她吧
I'm not sure she'll forgive me.
我没把握她会原谅我
Paul. You went to her house, today she came to your office. Paul
你去了她家,今天她来到你办公室
You two are already back together,
你们两个已经开始回头了
you just can't figure out the way to execute the deal.
你只是没有找到解决这件事的方法
And what about you and Ivan?
那你和伊凡呢?
I'm sorry?
你说什么?
Do you still love him?
你还爱他吗?
I beg your pardon?
再说一遍?
Your taste in men, Shirley.
雪莉你对男人的品味
Ivan Tiggs Denny Crane Ivan Tiggs. Denny Crane, wild, bigger than life.
都是狂放不羁的大人物
I, I don't love Ivan anymore.
我,我不再爱伊凡了
I'm just his best man.
我只是他的伴郎
We have a law against assisted suicide.
我们有法律禁止协助自杀
One reason simply goes to the sanctity of life.
一个重要原因就在于生命的神圣
Once we start eroding that?
一旦我们亵渎了这种神圣性
Once we say It's acceptable for people to start killing themselves?
一旦我们允许人们自杀
A terrible thing happens.
可怕的事情就会发生
It becomes acceptable.
这变成可接受的
It's suddenly an option.
这瞬间变成一种选择
For the senior citizens with Alzheimers,
对于罹患阿兹海默症的病人来说
for the fiftyyearolds with cancer,
对于罹患癌症的五十岁的老年人来说
for the teenager with no friends.
对于没有朋友的青少年来说
Who decides when suicide is the way to go?
谁来决定什么时候该自杀?
In this case the decision fell to a mentally impaired woman
在此案中,这个选择落在了一个智力受损的女人
and emotionally despairing husband.
以及感情上绝望的丈夫身上
Not exactly bastions of sound judgment.
他并不是合理决断的保障
His motives, however clouded by grief, may have been pure.
他的动机,在悲伤的笼罩下,可能是纯洁的
But what about that husband who wants his wife to die
但是如果是一个希望他妻子死的丈夫呢?
to perhaps prevent the estate from being financially drained.
可能出于不想财产耗尽的想法
What about the family who actually seeks to end their own suffering,
如果是一个确实想终结他们的痛苦的家庭
because It's too horrible watching mom deteriorate?
因为看到妈妈的萎缩退化是一件太可怕的事?
How do we assess or regulate motive?
我们怎样衡量和规范动机?
It's why we chose,
这就是我们选择
as a matter of law not to go down that slope.
我们的法律不允许这样做的原因
Nobody is arguing the Mr Myerson is a bad man. He isn't.
没有人说迈尔森先生是一个坏男人,他不是
But he admittedly, reflectively
但是他毫无疑问地
acted to end the life of a human being.
在你们宣誓要维护的法律下
Under the law which you took an oath to uphold,
做了结束一个人的生命的行为
that's murder.
这是谋杀
The dirty little secret is we went down that slope years ago.
有个不光彩的小秘密是,我们在几年前就已经走上了这条邪路
Officially we say were against assisted suicide,
我们官方禁止协助自杀
but it goes on all the time.
但是这种行为一直有发生
Seventy percent of all deaths in hospitals are due to decisions
在医院里,70%的死亡
to let patients die.
都是由这种让病人死的决定造成的
Whether It's morphine drips or respirators or hydration tubes.
或者是吗啡试剂,或者是人工呼吸机,或者是液体管
With all due respect to the Terry Shivo fanfare,
鉴于Terri Schiavo案先例(引起美国全社会轰动,的死亡权利大战以拔除已成为植物人15年的,Terri Schiavo的鼻胃管让其死亡告终)
patients are assisted with death all across this country all the time.
在这个国家,每时每刻都有病人受到协助走向死亡
As for regulating motive?
为了规范动机?
Here's a thought. Investigate it.
有想法就调查它
If we suspect foul play, have the police ask questions,
如果我们怀疑不正当操作,让警察盘问
if it smells funny, prosecute.
如果觉得有欺骗的意味,就起诉
But here, there's no suggestion
但是现在,没有任何的迹象表明
the Mr Myerson's motive was anything other than to satisfy his wife's wish
迈尔森先生的动机除了,满足她妻子的意愿外还有什么
and spare her the extreme indignity of experiencing the rotting of her brain.
只为了把她从大脑腐烂的,极端伤尊严的经历中解脱出来
Can you imagine?
你们能想像吗?
Would you want to live like that?
你们想如那样活着吗?
I had a dog for twelve years. His name was Alan.
我养了一条小狗12年,它叫艾伦
That was his name when I got him.
那是我得到它时它的名字
He had cancer in the end.
最后它得了癌症
That, in conjunction with severe hip displasia.
同时还患有髋关节发育障碍
And he was in unbearable pain.
它承受着不能忍受的痛苦
My vet recommended, and I agreed, to euthanize him.
我的兽医建议让它安乐死,我同意了
It was humane.
这是一种人道
Which we, as a society, endeavor to be, for animals.
是我们作为高级生物,能为动物所做的努力
My clients act was humane.
我的当事人的行为是人道的
It was a selfless one, it was a sorrowful one.
是无私的,是悲伤的
Ms Myerson's nurse testified
迈尔森夫人的护士作证
as to the profound love Mr Myerson had for his wife.
迈尔森先生对其妻子有极深刻的爱
Sometimes the ultimate act of love... and kindness...
有时,爱和仁慈的极致就是如此
If you think this man is a criminal, send him to jail.
如果你们认为这个人是个罪犯,那么把他送进监狱
But if you don't... don't.
但是你们如果不认为他是罪犯,则别那么做
And do you, Missy, take Ivan to be your lawfullywedded husband, Missy
你愿意让伊凡成为你的丈夫
to love, honor, and obey, till death do you part?
爱他,尊重他,直到死亡才与他分离吗?
I do. I do!
我愿意,我愿意!
And do you, Ivan, take Missy to be your lawfullywedded wife, Ivan
你愿意娶米西为妻
to love, honor, and obey, till death do you part?
爱她,尊重她,直到死亡才与她分离吗?
I do.
我愿意
If there's anyone who knows a reason
如果任何人有理由
why these two should not be joined together in holy matrimony,
认为这两人不能进入神圣的婚姻殿堂
speak now, or forever hold your peace.
现在说出来,不然就永远保持沉默
The rings...
交换戒指
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
因此在我的过去某一刻
I must've done something good
我定是做对了什么
Nothing comes from nothing
种善因
Nothing ever could
得善果
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
因此在我的过去某一刻
I now pronounce you husband and wife.
现在我宣布你们正式成为夫妻
I must've done something good
我定是做对了什么
I present to you... Mr and Mrs Ivan Tiggs.
祝福你们,伊凡·比格斯先生和夫人
Will the defendant please rise?
被告请起立
Madame Foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict?
陪审团主席,陪审团有一致裁定了吗?
We have, Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
What say you?
请宣布
In the matter of the Commonwealth vs. Ryan Myerson
在州检察院诉瑞安·迈尔森
on the charge of murder in the second degree,
二级谋杀一案中
we the jury find the defendant, Ryan Myerson...
我们陪审团经决议,裁定被告瑞安·迈尔森
not guilty.
罪名不成立
Really?
真的吗?
Ladies and gentlemen at the jury,..
各位陪审员,谢谢你们的裁定
Thank you so much, Mr Shore.
肖尔先生,非常感谢
It was nothing. But expensive.
没什么,我很贵的
Denny? Thank you. Denny
谢谢你
I'm so overwhelmed, I don't know what to say.
我不知所措,不知道该说什么
There's typically a post verdict crash, Mr Meyerson.
迈尔森先生,一般裁决下来后,都会有典型的精神溃散现象
I frequently counsel my clients not to be alone.
所以我一般建议我的当事人不要单独一人
Do you have someone to keep you company tonight?
你今晚有人陪伴吗?
The nurse?
那个护士?
The look was unmistakable.
那种眼神不会错
That's why he was so adamant about going forward with the trial so fast.
这就是他坚持要快速审判的原因
If his affair with the nurse surfaced,
如果他跟护士的风流韵事曝光
which it inevitably would have, he'd be sunk.
毫无疑问,他就完蛋了
Huh.
He killed her to be with his mistress.
他杀死妻子来与情妇在一起
Who knows?
谁知道呢
Maybe the fact he was in love with someone else made it easier
也许他与其他女人相爱的事实
to comply with his wife's desire to die.
更容易使他的妻子萌生死意
If she wanted to die. All we have is his word for it.
如果是她想死的话,我们只知道他的一面之辞
And the nurse's.
还有护士的
Oh my God.
上帝
We don't know whether he's innocent or guilty. I hate that!
我们都不知道他到底有罪无罪,我讨厌这样!
Denny, when you launched yourself in court like a pop tart...
丹尼当你在法庭上做出那样的行为时
He was badgering our client.
他在纠缠我们的当事人
I had to break the flow.
我必须打破这种状况
Mr Koupfer had just said,
Koupfer先生说过
families often act to end their own suffering.
家庭总是选择自己结束痛苦
Is that what happened with your father.
这是你父亲身上发生的事吗
He wasn't exactly in pain. His appetite was good.
他并没有太大的痛苦,他的胃口很好
In fact he was actually smiling more in the end then he...
实际上,在弥留之际他反而有更多的微笑
On the day,
之后,那一天
the day we told the doctor to up the drip, he was blissful.
我们告诉医生加大他的剂量,他很开心
We put him out of our misery.
我用他来终结我们的苦难
And I often wondered
我总在想
did that life belong to the man with the brain of a twoyearold?
那个生命是属于一个,只有两岁孩子智商的人吗?
Or to the life of the man who preceded it?
还是属于之前的他?
It certainly...
当然
didn't belong to me.
它不属于我
I think the life belonged to the man who preceded the disease.
我认为这个生命属于的病之前的人
The man you knew as your father.
那个你平时所知道的父亲
Ah.
But at what point?
但是在那个时刻
Koupfer said it was slippery slurp
Koupfer说那是一个容易滑的斜坡,(不容易控制)
Slope.
斜坡
How'd you get the doctor to do it?
你怎样使得医生帮你的?
Denny Crane. I was still the real thing then. Denny Crane
我那时也是大人物
Denny, I'm gonna say this right now Denny
我想现在说这些
and then I'm going to memorialize it in my living will.
之后我要把它记在遗嘱中
If I ever end up with the mind of a twoyearold...
如果我变成一个只有两岁智商的人
I'll have Bev sit on you.
我会让贝弗照顾你(坐在你身上)
That's a load off.
那我将得到释放( b)
My day is coming, Alan. We both know that.
我的日子快到了艾伦,我们都知道这点
It's a long ways off.
还远着呢
And in the meantime.
在那之前
Live big, my friend. Live big.
活的潇洒,我的朋友,活的潇洒

重点单词   查看全部解释    
kindness ['kaindnis]

想一想再看

n. 仁慈,好意

联想记忆
miserable ['mizərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的

 
criminal ['kriminl]

想一想再看

adj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的
n. 罪犯

联想记忆
giggle ['gigl]

想一想再看

v. 吃吃地笑,格格地笑

联想记忆
therapist ['θerəpist]

想一想再看

n. 临床医学家

 
assess [ə'ses]

想一想再看

v. 估定,评定

 
rewarding [ri'wɔ:diŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有报酬的,有益的

联想记忆
instability [.instə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 不安定,不稳定(性)

联想记忆
tactic ['tæktik]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略 adj. 战术的,有策略的

 
acceptable [ək'septəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 合意的,受欢迎的,可接受的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。