手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 波士顿法律 > 波士顿法律第二季 > 正文

波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第18集 警报系统

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Boston Legal.

前情提要
I was drug addict and
我染上了毒瘾
I needed my father and you abandoned me.
我需要我的父亲,但是你抛弃了我
Who is this?
这是谁
Your granddaughter.
你的孙女
Please welcome Mr. and Mrs. Denny Crane.
欢迎丹尼?克兰夫妇
Denny
丹尼!
Bev has hired an army of lawyers to gut this firm.
贝弗请了一帮律师来肢解这家公司
An agreement has been reached in the matter of Crane vs.Crane.
克兰先生和克兰夫人达成了一个协议
I will buy a house for Bev in Hawaii.
我将给贝弗在夏威夷买一座房子
You'll be the one that got away from Denny Crane.
你将是离开丹尼·克兰的人
Look me up if you're ever on the big island.
如果你来岛上了,记得来看我
I am the big island.
我就是大岛
Denny, they're doing some sort of renovations at my hotel.
丹尼,他们要在我的旅馆里做些装修
I was wondering if I could spend the night at your place.
我在想是否能够在你那过夜
Stay as long as you need.
想住多久住多久
...believe that 24% of married couples,
24%的夫妇不睡在一起
which to me is a very large number,
在我看来
do not sleep in the same bed.
是个很大的数目
Yeah... yeah... listen to me. Yeah!
听我说
Denny, you're ready to go?
丹尼,你准备走了吗
And they say it has nothing to do...
他们说和那无关
And they're happy about it with not being compatible with a person.
他们很高兴,不需要去迁就
You want to get a good night's rest...
你想晚上睡得好的话
Denny, you must go to work.
丹尼你必须去工作
It's hump day, your favorite day.
今天是驼峰日,你最喜欢的日子,(hump day驼峰日,星期三或星期四)
I don't have a favorite anything anymore.
我不再有什么最喜欢的东西了
Listen, I understand the need to retreat into oneself after a failed love affair,
我知道一场恋爱失败后,你需要一个人好好呆会
but you haven't gone to work in three days.
但是你有三天没去工作了
You've been in that bed for two.
两天里你一直在床上
You're drinking...
早上九点
scotch at 9:00 in the morning.
就一直在喝苏格兰威士忌
And most disturbingly, you're watching "The View".
最让人不安的是,你一直在看"观点"
Leave me alone.
让我一个人呆着
Hey! hey! hey! same team. Same team!
我们是一组的,一组的
Consider this an intervention.
可视其为干涉
It's no use, Alan. Nothing interests me anymore.
没用的,艾伦,没什么东西能再吸引我了
Construction worker Russell Blayney... arrested for attempted murder
建筑工人拉塞尔·布莱尼,因谋杀被捕
for setting a booby trap in his home to catch burglars.
他在家里安了一个陷阱,来抓入室强盗
Miguel Dominguez allegedly broke into Blayney's house
米格尔·多明格斯闯入了,布莱尼的房子
and received a reported 50,000 volts of electricity through his body,
据报道被5万伏特高压电流击中
paralyzing him from the waist down
致使他自腰部以下瘫痪
and leaving us all with the question...
带给了我们一个问题
Russell Blayney... victim or vigilante?
布莱尼是受害者还是义务警员呢
In other news today...
今天的其他新闻
That case...
这个案子
I want that case.
我想接这个案子
I see your bliss is back as well.
看来你的小弟弟也兴奋起来了
Your honor, the commonwealth moves that bail be denied.
法官大人,联邦政府反对保释
Mr. Blayney is charged with attempted murder and is an obvious flight risk.
布莱尼先生被指控谋杀未遂,并有很大的逃脱风险
If I may, my client...
如果我可以的话,我的委托人...
Your honor...
法官大人
I need a moment with my client.
我需要和我的委托人呆一会
You don't have a client here, Mr. Crane.
你在这没有委托人,克兰先生
Count to ten, judge.
数到十,法官
Mr. Blayney, do you know who I am?
布莱尼先生,你知道我是谁吗
Yeah, you're Denny Crane. I've seen you on "Larry King".
当然,你是丹尼·克兰,我在拉里·金上见过你
You're famous.
你很有名
So who would you rather have as your attorney...
你更想要谁做你的律师
me or, uh, hacky McGuilty Verdict here?
我,还是这个McGuilty Verdict小子,(McGuilty Verdict,是丹尼编造的名字,意思是裁决有罪)
I've faced him before, you'd rather have him.
我和他交过手,你最好要他
Don't feel bad, son. Take a big man to recognize a bigger man.
别沮丧,孩子,让一个大家伙来见识一个更大的家伙
We're waiting, Mr. Crane.
我们等着呢,克兰先生
Uh, I move for a continuance, your honor.
我申请延期审判,法官大人
I just got the case.
我刚接手这个案子
Shirley, first thing in the morning, even haven't had my coffee.
雪莉,这么早啊,我还没喝咖啡呢
Normally I'd make a witty retort about caffeine and
通常我会就咖啡因和
your aging reproductive system,
你逐渐老化的生殖系统,做一个机智的反驳
but not today, Alan. I have a problem.
但不是今天,艾伦,我有个问题
Karl Hauser died this week.
卡尔?豪泽这个星期去世了
The photographer.
那个摄影师
I knew him years ago. We hadn't been in touch for some time,
我认识他好多年了,我们有一段时候没联系了
but... well, he's dead.
但是,他死了
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I met Karl when I was a sophomore at Wellesley.
我在Wellesley二年级时,遇见了卡尔
I spent the summer in Manhattan, and we met in the West Village.
我在曼哈顿过暑假,我们在WestVilage相遇
He was this amazing, fascinating man,
他出乎寻常的有魅力
and he told me I was very pretty.
他对我说我很美丽
And... I did some modeling for him.
我为他做了几次模特
Please tell me this is going where I think it's going.
请告诉我正是我想的那类事情
Yeah, it is.
是的
Karl took some very tasteful black and white nudes of me.
卡尔给我照了几张非常有品味的,黑白裸照
I am so disappointed in you, Shirley. "Tasteful"?
我对你太失望了,雪莉,有品味?
There's going to be an estate auction.
将会有一次财产拍卖
And I want you to find a way to block the sale of those photographs.
我希望你能够想个法子,阻止拍卖这些照片
How many pictures are we talking about?
我们说的照片有多少张
I think there were 15, maybe 20...
我想有15大概20...
That's not so many.
不是很多嘛
rolls of film that he used.
...卷胶卷吧,他用了
I am so glad I came into work today.
我很高兴今天来上班了
Down, boy, this is serious.
少来,孩子,这件事很严肃的
Karl promised me that he wouldn't show the photographs to anyone.
Karl答应过我他不会向任何人展示这些照片
However, I signed a standard release saying that
但是,我签署了一份授权许可书
he could show them to... everyone.
因此,他可以将它们展示给任何人
Why are you so worried about this, Shirley?
为何你如此担心这件事呢,雪莉
You were young. Young people do all sorts of things.
你曾经年轻,年轻人什么事都做
And now you wear clothes to the office every single day.
现在你每天衣着楚楚的来办公室
Shocking as it may seem to you, Alan. I like my privacy.
也许你听来可能会吃惊,艾伦,但是我喜欢有隐私
Maybe I'll want to be a federal judge someday.
也许哪天我会想当联邦法官
And being a named partner at a prestigious law firm...
而作为一家有声望的法律公司的命名合伙人
Well, it's not good for business.
这会影响生意
I'll give you my best effort.
我将尽力帮你
Of course, at some point,
当然,在某些环节
I will have to examine the evidence thoroughly.
我会不得不仔细的查阅那些证据
Oh! Here they are.
你们来了
Oh, sorry we're late.
我们迟到了
No, problem.
没事
Fiona, say hello to grandpa. Fiona
向爷爷问好
Hi, paw paw.
嗨,爬爬,(paw paw和英语里爷爷grandpa后面的发音很像)
Hi. Hello, sweetheart.
你好,甜心
I guess you're paw paw form now on.
我想从现在起你就是爬爬了
Well, that's one of the nicest names I've ever been called.
这是我的名字中最棒的一个
We were almost out the door.
我们差不多都出门了
She insisted on wearing the red cowboy boots.
她坚持要穿上那双红牛仔靴
I finally said okay. And of course, then we could only find one,
我最终还是说了好,后来我们只找到了一只
and we finally found the other one on top of the refrigerator.
我们最终在冰箱的顶上找到了另一只
Oh!
噢!
And you get to where it's pointless to ask how it got on top of the refrigerator.
问为何它会跑到冰箱顶上,这毫无意义
You just grab it and go.
抓了它就走
I, uh, I took the liberty of ordering coffee and some hot chocolate.
我擅自点了些咖啡和热巧克力
Oh, thanks so much.
太感谢了
We can just stay a second.
我们只能待一小会
It's Fiona first day at Happy Duck Day Care.
今天是菲奥纳在快乐小鸭日托所的第一天
Ah! is that a good place?
那是个好地方吗
But don't let the cheesy name fool you. They're great.
别让那个俗气的名字误导你,他们很棒的
I went to so many places.
我找了很多间了
I had a checklist I used.. ah, yeah, here it is.
我做了个清单,在这
Ah, well, let's see what we have here.
让我们看看有哪些
"Childcare Question".
日托问题
"Are They Licensed and Monitored?"
他们执照经营并被监管吗
"Do They Afford Opportunities for Both Active and Quiet Play?"
他们提供机会玩活跃的游戏和安静的游戏吗
"Is the Staff Trained in C.P.R.?"
员工接受过C.P.R(心肺复苏)训练吗
"Do the Kids Appear Happy?"
孩子们看起来高兴吗
Rachel, this is a very thorough list. Rachel
这是个很完整的清单
Well, she's my daughter.
那是,她是我女儿
Where are my keys?
我的钥匙在哪
It's in your pocket.
在你口袋里
Yap, here they are.
是的,它们在这
Dad, in all the cowboy boot madness this morning.
爸爸,今早忙着找牛仔靴
I lost my ATM card somewhere.
我把我的ATM卡丢在什么地方了
You think you could loan me 40 bucks?
你可以借给我40美元吗
No, problem.
没问题
You know, um, Rachel,
你知道,瑞秋
if you're in a hurry to get to work,
如果你急着去工作
I can drop Fiona off at, uh... Happy Duck, is it?
我可以去接菲奥纳,快乐小鸭,对吧?
Oh, thanks. We'll make it okay.
谢谢,我们会搞定的
Fiona, we have to go. Thank paw paw for your hot chocolate.
菲奥纳我们得走了,谢谢爬爬给你点了热巧克力
Thanks, paw paw, for my chocolate.
谢谢,爬爬,为我点了热巧克力
You're very welcome.
我很乐意
Thanks, dad.
谢谢,爸爸
Bye, darling.
拜,亲爱的
See ya.
回见
Bye bye.
拜拜
Bye bye, Fiona.
拜拜,菲奥纳
Bye bye.
拜拜
By your look, it's not good.
你看起来不大好
I believe Rachel's using again.
我想瑞秋故技重施了
She's back on crystal meth.
她又开始服用crystal meth(冰毒)了
What proof do you have?
你有什么证据
We were supposed to meet at 8:00... coffee shop near her apartment.
我们约定在早上八点,她公寓附近的咖啡厅见面
She showed up 20 minutes late with Fiona in tow.
她20分钟后才拖着菲奥纳赶到
Was harried, disorganized. She couldn't find her keys.
匆忙,紊乱,她找不到她的钥匙
Paul, you have just described every single working mother in America. Paul
你在描述美国的每一位单身工作母亲
Then she asked to borrow $40.
然后她问我借了40美元
Crystal meth users live their lives in $40... increments, cash.
crystal meth使用者用40美元过活,固定的,现金
Paul, this is a very serious accusation, Paul
这是一个非常严肃的指控
and you need to be absolutely certain before you make it.
你需要完全确定明白后才能做出
I know.
我知道
If I'm right, and I do nothing,
如果我是正确的,我什么都不做
Fiona could be in danger.
菲奥纳可能会身处危险
If I act and I'm wrong,
如果我采取了行动,而我又错了
Rachel will never speak to me again. She'll cut me out forever.
瑞秋就不会再理我了,她会永远终止和我的联系
What do I do?
我该怎么做
You've lived through a lot with Rachel,
你和瑞秋经历过许多坎坷
and this relationship you're developing with her now is very new.
现在你和她发展的关系是崭新的
You might want to ask yourself if your history
你也许想问自己
with Rachel's drug use is causing you to overreact.
瑞秋吸毒是否曾让你采取过激行为
Just think about it.
好好想想
You, Blondie, you're on my team.
你,金发小妞,加入到我的团队中来
If you've seen the news, you know what a travesty this is.
如果你看了新闻,你就知道有多滑稽
A man arrested for defending his own home.
一个人因为保卫他自己的家被捕
it's a farce, and not the funny kind. This is one serious farce.
这是场闹剧,不是滑稽剧,这是场严肃的闹剧
May I ask what we're pleading? It seems self-defense...
我能询问我们在辩护什么吗,这看起来像是自卫
Don't like that kind of thinking. That's defensive thought.
不喜欢那么说,但那的确是自卫
We've got to strike first. Preempt them.
我们得先发制人,抢占先机
What'd they say in the news... "Victim or vigilante"?
他们会在新闻里面说什么,受害者或义务警员
It's neither. This is Russell Blayney... hero.
都不是,这是拉塞尔·布莱尼,一个英雄
You want to try this case in the press?
你想让这个案子上媒体?
Exactly.
的确
I want to grab the public's attention.
我想抓住大众的视线
With a story, a character, a narrative,
一个故事,一种人格,一份讲述
we have to create our own reality.
我们需要构造出属于我们的真相
You, young punk, you must know computers.
你,小朋克,懂电脑
Set up a web site, one of those blobs...
设置一个网站,要点之一是
"Justice for Russell Blayney".
拉塞尔·布莱尼的正义
And you, Denise, you'll be my second.
你,丹尼斯,你将作我的副手
You look good on camera.
你很上镜
Karl Hauser's widow is here.
卡尔?豪泽的遗孀来了
Straightforward, standard release Karl used for all his models.
这是卡尔所有模特签订的授权许可书
A lifetime of papers and contracts, and you manage to find mine.
他终生那么多的文件和合约,你居然可以找到我的
God bless the organized.
上帝保佑管理档案的人
And there's no mistaking your signature.
这是你的签名没错
I'm so sorry. It's just, here you are.
我很抱歉,只是,你就在我面前
I may cry.
我真想喜极而泣
He loves art.
他崇尚艺术
Marguerite, I'm sorry, but your husband was an adult. Marguerite
我很抱歉,但是你的丈夫是一个成年人
A famous man of the world.
这世上的一个名人
And I was an immature kid who did not understand the document she was signing.
我当时只是一个不明白他签署的,文件为何物的不成熟的孩子
There was no meeting of the minds here.
对这点大家意见不一致呵
So this contract, I'm afraid, is not binding.
所以我恐怕这份协议,不具备法律效应
As I recall, was not your minds that met.
我说过,我和你想得不同
If you were old enough to screw my husband,
如果你足够大来勾引我的丈夫
you were old enough to understand what you were signing.
你也足够大,懂得你签署的是什么
Your husband talked me into doing quite a few things I didn't understand.
你的丈夫和我说了一些,我不太懂的事
Tell me, why should I do something nice for you?
告诉我,为何我要对你友好呢
And don't say because you did something nice for my husband.
别说是因为你曾取悦过我丈夫
What do you intend to do... with the photos?
你想拿这些照片做什么
Half of Karl's collection is already promised to
卡尔的一半作品已经
the museum of modern art in New York.
承诺捐给纽约的现代艺术博物馆了
I intend to auction off the other half.
我想拍卖另一半
Including those photos.
包括这些照片
Your pictures will be going on the block.
你的照片将被出售
I need a favor... a very important, very personal favor.
我请您帮个忙,一个很重要很私人的大忙
Of course.
说吧
After an extended absence,
在一段长时间的缺席后
I have recently reconnected with my daughter Rachel,
我最近和我的女儿瑞秋重新取得了联系
and I've learned that I have a beautiful granddaughter named Fiona.
我知道了我有一个漂亮的孙女叫菲奥纳
Congratulations, Paul.
祝贺你,保罗
My daughter is a drug addict.
我女儿是个瘾君子
Or at least, she was. She says she's clean now,
至少,她曾经是,她说她现在已经戒掉了
but I have my suspicions.
但是我还有所疑虑
If she is using again, then my granddaughter could be in danger.
如果她又开始吸毒,那么我的孙女可能就身处危险了
My specialty isn't family law. But what I know...
我的专业不是家庭法,但是我认识...
No, no, you misunderstand. I don't want your legal advice.
不不,你误解了,我不想要你的法律建议
I want you to find out if my daughter is using drugs again.
我想让你找出我女儿是否又开始吸毒了
Brad Brad... if this year has taught me anything,
如果说今年我学到了什么东西
it's that you will get the job done by any means necessary.
那就是你会采用任何必要的手段,来完成工作
I would never ask this of you unless it was essential.
若非需要,我永远也不会问你这个的
Absolutely. I'll do what I can.
当然,我会尽己所能
What have you got?
想到了什么
The 26th amendment.
第26修正案
Karl Hauser was taking naked pictures of me, not denying me the vote.
卡尔·豪泽拍了我的裸照,没有否定我的投票权
The 26th amendment, which not only extended the right to vote to 18 year olds,
第26修正案,不仅把这投票权扩展到18岁的人
but also persuaded the states to grant them status as adults, was ratified in 1971.
同时也说服国会承认他们成年人的资格,这是在1971年被批准的
The photos were taken in 1966. Which, by the way, is my new favorite year.
而照片是在1966年拍摄的,顺便说一句,那是我现在最喜欢的年份
And now mine as well.
也是我的
I wasn't 21 when I signed that agreement.
当签署这一协议是我还未满21岁
I was legally a minor, and therefore can repudiate the contract.
法律上我是个未成年人,因此可以否认这个合约的合法性
And I am an idiot. Why didn't I think of this sooner?
我是个傻瓜,怎么没早想到这个
I'm going to credit karma or Freud.
我会将其视为缘分或弗洛伊德式的东西
Either way, it's because I was destined to discover and revel
不管哪种,都注定了我会发现并且为你
in the natural wonders of all that is you.
你身上所有的那些天然奇迹而欢呼
Uh, excuse me.
抱歉
I'm looking for some books on addiction and recovery.
我在寻找一些关于吸毒和痊愈的书
Uh, yeah, they're in the self-help section right over there.
它们在那边的自选书架
Thanks.
谢谢
Is there, you know, one book that's better than the others?
这里,你知道哪本最好吗?
This way.
这边请
This one has some good advice on the early stages,
这本给了一些关于早期的很好的建议
when you're detoxing and... and all that wonderful stuff.
当你戒毒时...还有所有那些好的东西
And, uh, this one is really good for that time rights after you've stopped.
这本适用于你刚停止的那段时间
When you're trying to figure out how to put your life back together.
当你试图让生活重回轨道时
Well, you know a lot about this.
你知道的可真不少啊
Well, clean five years, three months and seven days.
有五年三个月零七天没沾毒品了
It's hard, but when you're ready, you can get there.
这很困难,但是一旦你准备好了,你就能做到
Thanks.
谢谢
Sure.
不客气
Uh, what time do you get off work?
你什么时候下班
Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not coming on to you.
抱歉,我没别的意思
I was just hoping that we could talk some more.
我只是希望我们能更多的谈谈
I've sort of run out of people to talk to.
我几乎找不到人可谈的了
I get off at 7:00.
我7点下班
Thanks.
谢谢
Sure, I'm Rachel.
不客气,我叫瑞秋
I'm Brad. Nice to meet you.
我是布雷登,很高兴认识你
You're buying those, right?
你要买下这些吗
Oh, right, right.
是的
I, uh, I hang sheetrock, mostly for industrial buildings.
我挂了石膏灰胶纸夹板,它们大部分是用于工业建筑的
A craftsman. He works with his hands. Write that down.
一个工匠,他有一双巧手,记下来
What else?
还有什么
Oh, well, I live alone. Jamaica Plain.
我一个人住,牙买加风格的平房
My ex-wife left me the house.
我前妻留给了我这座房子
It's not a bad neighborhood. But it does border one,
社区不坏,但相邻的社区不怎么样
and it's vulnerable because I have those old fashioned lever windows.
它容易被闯入,因为我还是用那些旧式的抬式窗户
I can't afford an alarm system.
我买不起一个警报系统
I've been broken into four times in the last two years.
在过去两年里我的房子,四次被破门而入
Drug addicts, they take everything.
瘾君子们,他们拿走了一切
They took my TV, my bike my power tools, my guitar.
他们拿走了我的电视机,我的自行车,我的电力工具,我的吉他
Musician. He writes the songs.
音乐家,他写歌
Uh, but, uh, what finally did it for me was when
最让我恼火的是
I was building an end table for my father
我在给爸爸做一张茶几
for his television remote, his nebulizer
让他放遥控器,喷雾器
'cause he has, uh, some asthma.
因为他有哮喘
And I'm halfway done, and some guy breaks into the house
我做了一半了,有一个人闯进房子里来
and he.. and he steals my table saw.
他,他偷走了我的茶几锯子
My table saw!
我的茶几锯
I mean, that was it. That's... that was all I could take.
我是说,就是这样,这就是我所能做的
I'm not into guns.
我不会用枪的
Don't write that down.
这个别记
But I, uh, I knew that I... I had to do something.
但是,我知道,我得做些事情
So that's when I rigged up my little system.
所以我设置了我的小装置
You know, just a little jolt, you know, send them a little shock.
只是一点小电流,吓一吓他们
Tell us what happened that night. You were at home?
告诉我那晚发生了什么,你在家吗
Yeah, I was awake, actually.
是的,事实上,我醒着呢
Um, I was putting some dishes away in the dishwasher.
我在把一些餐碟放进洗碗机
And I heard some noise on the porch.
我听见阳台上有响动
And I thought, here we go, this is it.
我在想,来了
So I moved into the living room.
所以我走进了卧室
So you saw him?
你看见他了吗
Yeah, he was looking right through the window.
是的,他就从那扇窗户里往里看
He's a big wetback, you know?
他是个大湿背,(wetback湿背人,尤指进入美国的墨西哥人)
Latino.
拉丁美洲人
Drug addict, I, He was completely high.
瘾君子,他很亢奋
I could see it in his eyes even from inside the house.
就算在房子里我也可以,从他的眼睛里看出来
And then what happened?
然后发生了什么呢
Well, he... he starts for the window.
他,他开始动窗户
Now I don't know if you've ever seen anyone on crystal meth
我不知道你是否见过,嗑crystal meth(冰毒)的人
or acid or, I don't know, whatever this guy was on.
或者迷幻药,我不知道,不管怎样那家伙正在兴头上
But, you know, they're big and they're ugly.
但是,你知道他们很壮很脏
And they feel like they're invincible.
他们感觉自己是无敌的
So, he... he starts trying to pry open the window
他,他开始试图打开那扇窗户
with a screwdriver or something.
用一把螺丝起子或别的东西
and, uh... you know, that was it.
然后,就是那样
The electricity went up the screwdriver into his body.
电流顺着螺丝起子流进了他的身体
He... he completed the circuit.
他,他形成了闭路
Sound horrible.
真恐怖
Honestly, you know, it wasn't.
老实说,不是的
I mean, watching this guy.
我是说,看看这个家伙
It was, it was like watching every guy who broke into my house
就像是看到多年来
over the years and took from me, stole my stuff.
每一个闯入我的房子,偷走我的东西的家伙
I mean, he was just getting what he deserved, right?
我是指,他受到了应有的惩罚,不是吗
Let me tell you the most unbelievable thing.
让我告诉你,最难以置信的是
Did you know that when you get electrocuted,
当你触电时
you know, your blood literally boils?
你的血液事实上会沸腾
Right inside the veins.
就在血管里
That's how the electricity flows through your body,
电流就这样流过你的身体
through you veins!
通过你的血管
And so here's this guy. He's a wetback.
就像当时这个家伙,这个湿背
But I could see his veins are glowing through his skin
但是我看得到他的血管在皮肤下闪耀
as he was being charred from the inside out.
当他被彻底击中时
And I... I could smell his flesh burning.
我,我能够闻到他的肉在燃烧
Which was weird. It smelled like a... a roast.
很奇怪,闻上去就像是一块烤肉
A well deserved, cooked roast.
一块精心制作的烤肉
That's when I, You know. Finally turned off the electricity,
这就是当我最终把电关掉后
when he was good and done.
他完蛋了的样子
Well, so much for putting our hero on the stand.
让我们的英雄上庭不太好吧
Oh, he's on the stand, all right.
他已经在准备上庭了,没事
Denny, with all due respect,
丹尼恰当的说
the man was practically wearing a bib with a knife
当他讲故事的时候
and a fork in each hand as he was telling that story.
他就像围着餐巾手里拿着刀叉一样
Denise, never give up an option. Denise
永远别放弃可能性
The man was alit with passion, the kind of passion that moves juries.
这个男人充满了激情,这种激情能够感动陪审团
So?
那么
So he tell the story, not necessarily all his story,
让他讲故事,但不是他故事的全部
but the part we want to tell.
只是我们想要讲的那部分
We're the ones creating the narrative.
我们是故事创造者
Are you kidding?
你在开玩笑吧
Were you kidding about wanting to get straight?
难道你说想深入了解是开玩笑的?
No.
Thank you, Patrick, and keep coming back, buddy.
谢谢你,帕特里克,经常回来,朋友
Um, are there any other new members here today?
今天有新成员吗
Brad... would you like to share? Brad
你想和我们分享点什么吗
Uh, no. I'm new.
噢,不,我是新来的
It'll make you feel better.
这会让你感觉好些
Right, uh...
好的
Hi, uh...
嗨,呃...
Say your name.
说说你的名字
I'm Brad. I'm a drug addict.
我是布莱登,我是个瘾君子
Hi, Brad.
嗨,布莱登
Um, I'm not used to talking in public.
我不太习惯在公众说话
Well, actually, I am, just not talking about myself.
事实上,我只是不太会谈论我自己
Wow. you're just going to let me keep going. Okay.
你们要我继续下去,好吧
I was in the marine corps during the first Gulf War, operation Desert Storm.
我第一次海湾战争沙漠风暴行动时,在海军服役
February 24, 1991. I was a Lieutenant in second reconnaissance battalion
1911年2月24日,我是第二侦查营的一个上尉
of the first marine expeditionary force.
在第一海军远征队中
Under enemy mortar, artillery and small arms fire,
冒着敌人的迫击炮,炮火,还有小型轻武器
we breached minefields, trenches, barbed wire and disabled six enemy divisions.
我们突破了雷区,壕沟,带刺铁丝网,还歼灭了六个敌师
By the morning of the 28th,
在28日造成
from a hundred hours after the ground operations had begun,
在军事行动开始100个小时后
our coalition forces had destroyed 42 enemy divisions.
我们的联合部队歼灭了42个敌师
That's the bulk of the Iraqi army in the Kuwaiti theater of operations.
这就是在科威特战场的大部分伊拉克军队
So then I started using drugs.
然后我开始了吸毒
Denny, you're shiny...
丹尼,你很耀眼
and in a wedge.
锲型梯队
My team, Alan.
我的团队,艾伦
I'm back and I'm feeling it.
我回来了,我在感受
I've realized a truth about myself.
我认识到了关于自己的一个事实
I just love... power.
我很喜欢...权力
Well, it seems to have a thing for you as well.
看起来也给你找了点事做
It's m natural state. It's my homeostasis.
这是我的自然法则,动态平衡
Don't read anything into that remark.
别误解我的话
I already did.
已经误解了
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
上帝,让我平静的接受我,不能改变的事物吧
the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
给我改变我能够改变的事物的勇气,并给我了解其中区别的智慧
It works if you work it. So work it!
如果你努力就管用,所以努力吧
See you soon.
一会见
That was a nice story.
这是个好故事
Uh... thanks.
谢谢
Too bad it was a lie.
可惜这是个谎言,太糟了
I won the war, then started using?
我赢得了战争,然后开始吸毒?
I've been coming to these meetings every day for five years.
五年来我每天都来参加聚会
If you didn't want to share your problems, you should've just passed.
如果你不想分享你的问题,你可以直接跳过去
Oh, sharing's not really my thing.
分享确实不是我的习惯
It's probably just how I was raised.
可能在于我被抚养的方式
Doesn't mean you can't change. I was raised the same way.
并不意味着你不能改变,我也是这样被抚养长大的
Really?
真的吗
Yeah, my mother was warm,
是的,我的妈妈很热情
but my father kept every emotion tightly tucked away in his suit pocket.
但是爸爸总是把感情严密,的隐藏在西装口袋里
Right next to his watch.
在他手表旁
It's not always that easy to open up.
显露感情不是总那么容易的
Ah, but it is. You just say what's on your mind.
但是确实,你想到什么就说什么
Instead, my dad... always the attorney.
相反,我爸爸,总是端律师的架子
He'd just sit back and play little games.
他不会采取行动,只是玩些小把戏
You know, letting out information with his obtuse questions.
用他的蠢问题来打探信息
And on the rare occasion when he would open up and talk to me,
很少见的情况下,他会敞开心扉和我交谈
he wasn't happy unless I told him what he wanted to hear.
在直到我说了他想听的东西,之前他是不会开心的
You know, being him...
你知道,像他一样生活...
I think it's a hard way to live.
我想非常的困难
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
And I'm sorry.
抱歉
Well, buy me a cup of coffee and I might forgive you.
给我买杯咖啡吧,也许我会原谅你
Great.
好啊
And therefore, at age 19, Ms. Schmidt was, in fact, a minor.
所以,19岁的施密特女士实际,上是个未成年人
There was no parental consent here,
这里没有父母的许可证明
So, in essence, your husband was illegally taking nude photographs of an underage girl.
所以实质上你丈夫违法给,一个未成年少女照了裸照
You make a legitimate argument, Mr. Shore.
肖尔先生,你的辩解合理合法
Not my favorite kind, but I'm glad to play for that team when necessary.
我不喜欢这样,但是在需要时我还是很乐意这么做
And you could certainly take us to court and fight this battle with that argument.
你当然可以闹上法庭,用那个理由来打这场官司
We will if we have to.
如果需要我们会奉陪
However, I believe our goal was to get these photos out of the public eye.
但是,我想我们的目标在于,不要让那些照片公之于众
I'm afraid with a court battle, a very public court battle,
我恐怕一次官司,一场非常公开的官司
these photos could find their way to the press.
会使那些照片流入媒体
Before that could happen, of course, we'd ask the court to seal all exhibits
在它发生前,我们当然会要求法庭封锁它们
and issue an appropriate gag order to prevent disclosure.
签发一张合适的封锁令来阻止泄密
And you'd win, but you know what?
你会赢的,但你知道吗
Thanks to the internet, winning doesn't matter anymore.
感谢网络,赢得官司不再重要了
These photos could somehow find their way onto the web,
那些照片会以某种渠道流向网络
then all around the world, and then where would you be?
然后传播到全世界,然后你将无处容身
Marguerite
玛格丽特.
Marguerite
玛格丽特.
Oh, I'll be right out.
我马上出去
Alan
艾伦.
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Thank you.
谢谢
Marguerite
玛格丽特...
Those pictures...
那些照片
I have grandchildren. The thought of them seeing those photographs...
我有孙儿,一想到让他们看到那些照片....
I understand.
我理解
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Your honor, Mr. Dominguez's prior burglary convictions
法官大人,多明格斯先生,早期入室行窃的前科
and history of drug abuse have no bearing on whether
和他的吸毒史
the defendant improperly electrified his home.
与被告不恰当地使他的房子通电无关
Nonsense. This felon was higher than a kite when he got zapped.
胡说,这个恶人罪有应得
He has six prior convictions for larceny, burglary
他身负六项定罪,盗窃罪,入室行窃罪
and grand theft auto. Of course it's relevant.
盗窃成癖,这当然有关联
The prejudicial effect of the victim's prior criminal activity...
对受害者之前犯罪行为,所产生的偏见的影响力...
Your honor, my client is a victim here. I don't under...
法官大人,我的代理人是受害者,我不明白...
Clearly outweighs
显然超过了
any probative value such evidence would have for the jury.
陪审团面前的任何证据
Enough.
够了
Mr. Ginsberg is right.
Ginnsberg先生是对的
The evidence is highly prejudicial and will be barred at trial.
证据偏见性很严重,因此将被本庭禁止
Mr. Crane, you may not bring up Mr. Dominguez's prior bad acts
克兰先生,你不得再次提起,多明格斯先生先前的犯罪行为
unless the door to impeachment has been opened.
除非与本案有关
Before answering any questions,
在回答任何问题之前
I want to thank my client Miguel Dominguez for bravely agreeing to be here today.
我想感谢我的委托人,米格尔?多明格斯,勇敢地答应今天来这
Mr. Dominguez suffers from severe paralysis
多明格斯忍受着严重的瘫痪
and a host of other debilitating symptoms as the result of his electrocution.
还有其他一系列源于电击的后遗症
Nevertheless, he is here today to stand up for all of us,
不过,他今天来到这面对我们大家
to help in the fight to make our country a safer place,
来帮助我们国家成为,一个更安全的地方
a place where citizens do not take the law into their own hands.
一个公民不会滥用私刑的地方
Mr. Dominguez is an inspiration to his community.
多明格斯先生是这场运动的先驱
He is a hero.
他是一个英雄
Thank you.
谢谢
That bastard stole my story.
那混蛋窃取了我的故事
What about branding?
要怎样的定位?
I haven't branded yet.
还没想好
No branding?
不搞定位了?
No, no, not.
不不还没好
Denny
丹尼.
Denny
丹尼.
Denise Bauer Oh, uh,
丹尼斯?鲍尔.
Candy Springtime, public relations. Candy Springtime
公共关系专家
Hello.
你好
Hi.
你好
She's with, uh, Sherling Thompson.
她和谢林?汤普森在一起
The same, uh, public relations firm the government uses. So you know she's good.
和政府聘请的公关公司是同一间,因此你知道她很棒
Denise, we're rolling out a new campaign to take back the story on Mr. Blayney. Denise
我们在策划一个新的宣传来,夺回我们的故事
Ya... "Take back the story"?
夺回故事?
Oh, Denny tells me that you haven't branded him yet.
丹尼告诉我你还没给他定位
So I took the initiative and created a brand.
所以我采取主动做了一个定位
Russell Blayney, American Homeowner. Russell Blayney
美国私房主
"American Homeowner"?
美国私房主?
Simple. It's to the point.
简单,正中主题
And cozy.
惬意
Say it for me, Denny. Press conference voice.
给我念念,丹尼,用新闻发布会的声音
Russell Blayney, American Homeowner. Russell Blayney
美国私房主
Now wait a minute, wait a minute.
等会,等会
American Homeowner, Russell Blayney.
美国私房主,拉塞尔?布莱尼.
See, it works both ways. Versatile.
看,两样都行,通用
But do we really think that we need to label Mr. Blayney?
但是我们确实需要给布莱尼先生贴标签吗
Denny?
丹尼?
Denise Rodney King Uh, Denise Rodney King.
(四名白人警察因疯狂殴打超速行驶的,黑人青年罗德尼.金而被判无罪一案)
Rodney King Rodney King, uh, severely beaten by the police over ten years ago.
十年前被警察很惨的欧打过
See, you remember, why? Branding.
你还记得,为何呢,就是定位
They didn't call him Rodney King...
他们不叫他罗德尼.金...
wife beater, alcohol abuser,
虐妻人,酒鬼
who swung a tire iron at a convenience store clerk.
用轮胎铁袭击便利店店员的人
They called him Rodney King, motorist. Or motorist Rodney king.
他们叫他罗德尼.金,开车的,或开车的罗德尼.金
Brings to mind images of a jaunty man in a riding hat and cap in a model T.
想象这幅图像,一个自信的人带着马帽,摆出T型姿势
That's what we want. Russell Blayney, American Homeowner.
这就是我们想要的,拉塞尔?布莱尼美国私房主
Not Russell Blayney eats them broiled, baked or fried.
不是拉塞尔?布莱尼,煎炒煮炸
But Rodney King was beaten.
但是罗德尼.金是被打的那一个
Okay, now this is just a mock up.
好了,看这个仿制品
Obviously, we will replace Jimmy Stewart with Mr. Blayney.
显然,我们要用,布莱尼先生来,取代吉米?史都华(著名影星)
But the banner can and should be behind you
但是条幅可以也应该在
every press conference, Denny.
你每场新闻发布会后面放着,丹尼
Notice I used the same font as "Mission Accomplished".
注意我用了和"任务完成"那种字体
Americans are comfortable with that font.
美国人觉得那种字体舒服
Now we will send B-Roll of Mr. Blayney to the press,
现在我们送一段布莱尼,先生的B-ROLL给媒体,(B ROLL是一种随意的采访片段)
working in his garage, using his table saw,
在他的车库里工作,使用他的茶几锯
working with his power tools, fixing things around the house.
用他的工具箱,修理房子
And as far as the talking points, keep it simple, Denny.
至于论点,保持简单,丹尼
Speak of the opposition as the drug crazed intruder,
与那个瘾君子小偷针锋相对
the incident as the harrowing home invasion.
这场痛心的入室袭击案件
Now I know you're tight with Larry King.
我知道你和拉里?金关系紧密
But we are negotiating with "Nightline," "Hardball" and "The Daily Show".
但我们也要上"夜间新闻""硬碰硬"和"每日秀"
That is where most Americans get their news.
这是美国人获取他们新闻的渠道
There's no way we're gonna win this, is there?
我们没法赢它,可以吗
Legally, yes, there is, as for accomplishing your goals, no.
法律上说,为了达成你的目标,没有
But when you have occasion to ask for my help, Shirley.
但是每当你向我寻求帮助时,雪莉
Typically, it's not really legal help you're looking for.
很明显,你不是在寻求法律途径解决
I'll assume this is no exception.
我想这也不例外
Alan, I've already caused Marguerite Hauser as much pain as I care to. Alan
我已经让玛格丽特受了许多痛苦
I'll leave the creativity to you, just don't hurt her.
你发挥自己的创造力吧,但是不要伤害她
America is under siege, not from Saddam or pro-terrorists,
美国在被围攻,不是萨达姆或恐怖分子
but from namby pamby pro-burglary advocates
而是一些入室行窃的倡导者
who want to strip us of the right to protect what's ours.
他们企图剥夺我们保卫自己的权利
That's what our...
这就是我们
Looks like Denny's being Denny.
看起来丹尼还是丹尼
He's "creating the reality".
他正在"创造事实"
I doubt many people would want to live in Denny's reality.
我怀疑很多人愿意活在丹尼的事实里
All I know is there are two rotten guys in this case,
我所知道的是这个案子里,双方都不是好人
and both sides are trying to make theirs as the hero.
两方都设法使自己的委托人成为英雄
If you've got a problem with this case,
如果你对这个案子有问题
I suggest you talk to the guy whose name is on the door.
我建议你和那个名字写在门上的人谈谈
I'm not naive, Paul.
我不幼稚,保罗
I know this kind of manipulation goes on all the time.
我知道这种操纵一直都存在
But I'm an attorney, not a spin doctor.
但是我是一个律师,不是政治顾问
Oh, yes, you are.
是的你是
We all are.
我们都是
That's what attorneys do...
这就是律师做的
tell stories, create characters,
讲故事,塑造人物形象
capture an audience, try them make them feel what we want them to feel.
抓住观众,试图让他们感觉到,我们想让他们感觉的东西
That's good lawyering.
好的律师就是这样子的
Only these days, everybody's trying to get in on our act...
但是这年代,每个人都想来找我们帮忙
The government, the corporations.
政府,公司
There are no facts anymore, kiddo.
不再有事实了,姑娘
Only good or bad fiction.
只有好的或坏的虚构故事
which story do you plan to sell the jury?
你打算向陪审团出售哪个故事
Don't you worry.
不用你担心
This case will never go to trial.
这个案子永远也不会上法庭的
Mr. Shore, with all due respect.
肖尔先生,请原谅我冒犯
You are on our last nerve.
我们的耐性快到极限了
You said you had an intriguing offer.
你说过你有个迷人的提议
Get to it.
说吧
Delighted.
很高兴
First, how about we ask all the lawyers to leave the room?
首先,让我们要求所有的律师,离开这间屋子怎样
You're a lawyer.
你是个律师
Okay. How about all the lawyers who aren't me?
那就请所有不包括我的律师离开如何
Here it is, then.
就是这样
Simply put... it's Shirley Schmidt.
很简单,这是雪莉?施密特
As much as I admire and respect her,
尽管我和崇拜和尊重她
if I don't resolve this case,
如果我不解决这个案子
I'm afraid she'll get nervous and fall back on old habits.
我恐怕她会神经紧张,又使用一些老习惯
She'll call in the old guard, one of the cronies in banking and finance,
她会找来她的一个在银行界,和金融界吃得开的老朋友
someone who smells like old pipe smoke and hair tonic,
一个闻起来有烟斗和护发素味道的人
someone with a florid nose from too many old fashioned at lunch down the street.
一个有着鲜红的鼻子,嗜好在街上享受旧式晚餐的人
And this fella, whoever he is, will have friends.
而这个人,不管他是谁,会有朋友
Friends who work in banks, who probably shouldn't,
那些在银行工作的朋友,那些也许不应该这样做
who don't treat confidential information very confidentially.
那些保管机密信息的人
And then, Marguerite,
那样,玛格丽特
the old crony will discover how deeply in debt you are.
她这个朋友会发现你债务缠身
And once he learns this,
一旦他知道了
my replacement will make a few phone calls, write a few letters
我的接替者会打几个电话,写几封信
and seek out your husband's most distant and forgotten relative.
寻找你丈夫最远最被遗忘的亲戚
Perhaps a less fortunate cousin who always admired but could never afford
也许是一个不是很有钱但一直
one of your husband's beautiful artworks.
仰慕但负担不起你丈夫漂亮艺术品的侄子
And my replacement will reach out to him and commiserate
我的替代者会找到他
and convince him to contest your husband's will.
怜悯他并说服他来和你争你丈夫的遗产
At which point, your husband's estate will be tied up.
不管怎样,你丈夫的资产会被冻结
Well, it could be for years, decades, really.
那可能是几年,几十年事实上
And if this replacement of mine turns out to be this fella
如果这个朋友替代了我
I'm thinking of, it could get really ugly.
我想,可能就不太好看了
For such a vague man, you've been extraordinarily clear, Mr. Shore.
对于你这样一个含糊不清的人,你说得够明白的了,肖尔先生
Yes, and here's the thing.
是的,问题在于
I just don't like the way these people operate around here. It's just not right.
我不喜欢这些人的行事方式,这不对
These photographs are yours to do with what you please,
那些照片是你的,你随便怎样都可以
and you should get a fair market price.
你也可以拿到一个公平市场价
So, before I simply give up and call it a day...
所以,在我干脆放弃并和结束今天的谈话之前
I'd like to ask you one question.
我想问你一个问题
And what is that?
什么
What is your price?
你开价多少
Have you made contact with Rachel?
你和瑞秋联系过了吗
I did. I told her I was a drug addict.
我联系了,我告诉她我是一个瘾君子
And?
然后呢
She took me to a narcotics anonymous meeting,
她带我去了一个毒品的匿名集会
told me that if I wanted to get clean, that I needed to work the program.
告诉我如果我想保持不再犯,我需要加入这个项目
So, she's no longer using?
她不再用药啦?
No. She's been clean for five years.
不,她已经戒了五年了
I mean, she's calm, rational, straightforward...
我是说,她镇定,理性,开诚布公
very down to earth, as a matter of fact.
事实上,脚踏实地
Fine.
很好
Thank you, Brad.
谢谢你,布拉德
You know, Paul, for what it's worth,
保罗重要的是
she really wants to have a relationship with you.
她真的很重视和你的关系
And I with her.
我也是
And you know what might help? Is if you showed her a littlie faith.
你知道怎么比较好吗,就是你对她表现出一点信任
She might pick up on that.
她也许会渐渐接受你
I beg your pardon?
什么
Well, she says that sometimes, you can be very... judgmental.
她说有时,你很挑剔,动辄指责人
Brad while your efforts are fully appreciated, Brad
虽然很感谢你的努力帮助
your advice to a father concerning his daughter is not.
但是并不包括你对一个,关心女儿的父亲的建议
You have no idea the years I've spent dealing with my daughter's illness.
你不知道这些年来我一直在处理女儿的病
So it would behoove you to be more circumspect.
所以慎重点是应该的
I'm sorry. That was over the line.
我很抱歉,我越线了
But, I mean, Paul, the truth is you've got. Really, a hell of a daughter.
但是,我想说,保罗 ,你已得到了一个很棒的女儿
She's sweet, she's beautiful, nothing rattles her.
她可人,她漂亮,没什么能让她惊慌的
Even when she lost her ATM card...
即使她丢了她的ATM卡
I would've panicked. But she was really cool.
作为我当然不会惊慌,但是她这样确实很酷
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Oh, Rachel lost her ATM card.
瑞秋丢了她的ATM卡
So I loaned her 40 bucks.
所以我借给了她40美元
Dad.
爸爸
I had a lunch meeting nearby.
我今天在附近有个午餐会
Well, how very impromptu of you, and unusual.
很突然阿,满不寻常的
Yes, well... people can change.
是的,人们会改变的
Yes, they can.
是的,他们会
Come on in.
进来
Can I get you something to drink?
想喝点什么吗
No, no, I...
不,我
I thought I would take Fiona to the aquarium if that's all right with you.
如果可以的话,我想带菲奥纳去水族馆
Yeah, I... I pick her up from day care in 20 minutes.
好啊,我二十分钟后就去日托所接她
Good, I'll go with you.
好的,我和你一起去
Sure.
当然
May I use your bathroom?
我能用下你的洗手间吗
Through there.
在那边
You have a child.
你有个孩子
A child!
一个孩子
This is my house.
在我的房子里
How long?
有多久了
You came here and you set me up.
你来这设计我
You will not ruin her.
你不能毁了她
You have ruined everything
你已经毁了一切了
and everyone you've ever come in contact with.
每个和你接触的人
I hate you.
我恨你
You will not do this to my granddaughter.
你不能这样对我的孙女
I hate you.
我恨你
You bastard!
你这个混蛋
Is counsel prepared to begin voir dire?
律师准备好开始预先审查程序(voir dire)了吗,(voir dire确认陪审员们是否是公平而兼听)
We are, your honor.
我们好了,法官大人
The commonwealth may begin.
本庭现在宣布开庭
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I'm assistant district attorney Ginsberg.
下午好,女士们先生们,我是公诉人助手金斯伯格
Now as we begin to pick our potential jury members,
当我们开始挑选我们的陪审团员时
I just want to get to know a bit about you.
我想知道一点你的事情
First off, by a show of hands,
首先,举手表决
how many of you have heard about this case on the news?
你们有多少人听过这个案子的新闻
I see.
知道了
And how many of you have seen opposing counsel Denny crane on the news?
你们有多少人在新闻中见过,反方辩护律师丹尼?克兰
Juror number seven, can you tell us what opinions you've formed?
7号陪审员,你能告诉我你有什么观点吗
I think people should be allowed to defend their homes.
我想人们应该被允许保卫他们的家园
Like Mr. Crane said, if the guy didn't want to get hurt,
就像克兰先生说的,如果那个家伙不想受伤
he shouldn't have been robbing anyone.
就不应该去抢劫别人
Commonwealth challenges juror number seven for cause.
联邦向7号陪审员询问理由
No objection, your honor.
无异议,法官大人
Juror number seven, you are excused.
7号陪审员,你被准许回答
I've worked hard to become an American Homeowner.
我工作很努力来成为一名美国私房主
If the guy tried to break into my place
如果这个家伙试图闯入我的领地
I'd do the same thing.
我会做同样的事
I'd want to kill the son of a bitch.
我会杀了这个婊子养的
It's my right as an American Homeowner.
这是我作为一名美国私房主的权利
I may live in an apartment, but I still consider myselfan American Homeowner.
我会住在公寓里,但我仍考虑成为一名美国私房主
American homeowner.
美国私房主
American homeowner.
美国私房主
American homeowner.
美国私房主
American homeowner.
美国私房主
God bless America.
上帝保佑美国
Your honor, with his television appearances and theatrics,
法官大人,鉴于他在电视上的曝光和作秀
Mr. Crane has tainted the jury pool to such an extent
克兰先生影响陪审团到了这个程度
that the commonwealth moves for a change of venue.
以至于联邦得更换审讯地点
Denied, Mr. Ginsberg.
否决,金斯伯格先生
You both have manipulated the media coverage of this case,
你们两个都利用媒体报道了这个案子
only Mr. Crane has done a better job of it.
只是克兰先生做得更好些
You will play in the sandbox that you built.
你们自己选择了这样做,那么就要遵守游戏规则
Shirley, Blondie, join me. Shirley
金发女孩,过来
I'm happy to inform you there's going to be a plea bargain
我很高兴通知你,就美国私房主这一个案件
in the American Homeowner case.
将有一场辩诉交易
How do you know?
你怎么知道的
Today, my office has indicted city councilman Adam Patrick
今天,我的事务所已经起诉了,市议员亚当?帕特里克
on charges of accepting bribes and illegal campaign contributions.
指控他接受贿赂和非法竞选捐助
He has agreed to surrender at his arraignment.
他同意在传讯时放弃
He's changing the narrative. We're yesterday's news.
他改变焦点了,我们变成明日黄花了
You got to hand it to him. The guy's good.
你得为他鼓掌,那个家伙做得不错
He's creating his next reality.
他在编造他的下一个"事实"
I wonder what he's gonna put on the table.
我在想他将会怎么处理
No jail time.
不用蹲监狱了
How can you be so sure?
你怎么如此肯定呢
Years of experience.
多年的经验
And he called a half an hour ago.
他一个小时前也来了电话
What are you going to do with those?
你想怎么处置那些照片?
I haven't decided.
我还没有决定呢
You know the one where you're not quite sure what you're looking at,
你知道有时候你不知道,你在看的那张是什么
then you take a step back and realize what it is?
然后退后点却认识到了那是什么
That one may be going in the powder room.
我会把它挂在化妆间
Alan
艾伦
Tell you what... I'll leave them to you when I die.
告诉你,我死后将把它们留给你
As things stand, I'm quite sure I'll pass on before you.
照现状看,我很确定我会比你早死
Show those pictures to anyone, and I'll see to it myself.
你给别人看那些照片的话,我会亲自解决你
Shirley, I have no intention of sharing those with anyone.
雪莉我不打算和任何人分享它们
I'm keeping you all to myself. I give you my word.
我将自己享受,一言为定
You're one of the few people for whom I know that to be true.
在我认识的为数不多的律师中,你是说话算话的其中一个
Thank you.
谢谢
No, thank you.
不,谢谢你
I understand congratulations are in order.
看来该祝贺啊
Never lost, never will.
从没输过,永远不会
I may not be the Denny Crane I once was,
我也许不再是以前的丹尼?克兰了
but until today, I didn't realize
但是直到今天,我才意识到
that this Denny Crane might be even better.
这个丹尼?克兰,可能更好
Opposing lawyers everywhere are quaking in their custom fitted shoes.
任何地方的反方律师对着你,都会如履薄冰
Damn right, they are. So who cares if she...
确实,他们是,所以谁在乎呢,就算她...
Who cares...
谁在乎
You're still upset about Bev.
你还是因为贝弗而沮丧
What I don't understand is,
我不明白的是
I was married to one of my wives for five years,
我曾和其中的一个妻子结婚五年
got over her in a day.
一天就忘了她了
Bev and I were married for three hours, and yet...
贝弗和我才结婚了3个小时,但...
And yet?
但还是?
Do you know that I even have memories of her that aren't sexual?
知道吗,我甚至记得有关她非性方面的事
I'm sure you do.
我确定你是的
I miss her.
我想念她
I miss her.
我想念她
Well, are the rumors true?
那么,那些流言是真的吗?
You have naked photos of Shirley?
你有雪莉的裸照?
Ah, come on. What's the big deal?
噢,别这样,有什么大不了的?
I've had naked photos of Shirley for years.
我藏了雪莉的裸照好多年了
Denny, she's asleep in all these.
丹尼这些她都在睡觉
Here's one where she woke up.
这是她醒来的一张
Have you ever seen a beautiful, naked woman look that angry?
你看过一个漂亮的裸体女人如此愤怒吗?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
straightforward [streit'fɔ:wəd]

想一想再看

adj. 笔直的,率直的

 
objection [əb'dʒekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反对,异议

联想记忆
flight [flait]

想一想再看

n. 飞行,航班
n. 奇思妙想,一段楼

 
privacy ['praivəsi]

想一想再看

n. 隐私,隐居,秘密

联想记忆
organized ['ɔ:gənaiz]

想一想再看

v. 组织

 
relevant ['relivənt]

想一想再看

adj. 相关的,切题的,中肯的

联想记忆
resolve [ri'zɔlv]

想一想再看

n. 决定之事,决心,坚决
vt. 决定,解决

联想记忆
operate ['ɔpəreit]

想一想再看

v. 操作,运转,经营,动手术

 
witty ['witi]

想一想再看

adj. 富于机智的,诙谐的

 
extent [iks'tent]

想一想再看

n. 广度,宽度,长度,大小,范围,范围,程度

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。