You think that I don't know that
你以为我不知道
all your problems are solved
只要我告诉他们这是哈维做的
if I tell them that Harvey did this?
你就万事大吉了
I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind
如果说我没想过迈克应该做个交易
that maybe Mike should think about making a deal.
那我一定是在说谎
And now that they've taken in your father,
现在他们抓走了你爸爸
you can't tell me that the thought hasn't crossed yours too.
别告诉我你没有过同样的想法
Thinking about it and talking about it aren't the same thing.
想过和说出来可不是一回事
I got a call about an article
我接到一个电话,是一篇关于
on Mike Ross' meteoric rise to junior partner.
迈克·罗斯如何飞速蹿升到初级合伙人的文章
The problem is there is no Mike Ross.
问题是哈佛没有迈克·罗斯这个人
You reported it anonymously,
你匿名举报了这件事
because you didn't want to look bad.
因为你不想做坏人
I reported it anonymously
我之所以匿名举报
because I was ashamed that it happened on my watch.
是因为我为自己任上发生这种事而感到羞愧
I loved you,
我那么爱你
and you let some stupid secret come between us
你却让这种愚蠢的秘密成为我们之间的绊脚石
because you couldn't trust me with it.
只因为你无法信任我
All you have to do is admit what you did,
只要你承认自己犯下的错
and all of this goes away.
这些就会随之而去
Sheila came forward.
希拉站出来了
She admitted she was the one who wrote the email.
她承认是她写的邮件
You and your partners are hereby subpoenaed
你和你的合伙人被传讯
to hand over every single document in the entire firm.
提供律所所有文件
Harvey, I'm not sure this is the best idea.
哈维,我觉得这不是个好主意
We need to know what she has. What's the downside?
我们得知道她手里有什么,这有什么坏处吗
The downside is that we move up the trial.
坏处就是就是我们要进入庭审了
Mike, this trial's coming, whether we like it or not.
迈克,不管我们愿不愿意,庭审总会来的
And the more time we have knowing her game plan,
我们越早知道她的计划
the better off we'll be.
对我们越有利
Holy shit. What?
完蛋了,怎么了
I took the LASTs with this guy.
我之前替这家伙考过法学院入学考试
So what?
那又怎样
So he can give Gibbs something
那他就能给吉布斯提供
she doesn't even have on me yet.
关于我的新证据了
Yes, but to do that, he'd be ruining his whole career.
可如果这么做,他的职业生涯就毁于一旦了
Which means, even if he remembers you,
也就是说,即使他还记得你
he's more afraid of you than you are of him.
比起你怕他,他更怕你
So calm the hell down.
所以别瞎紧张了
All right, let's make this quick.
好了,我们速战速决
Your honor, making it quick is exactly
法官大人,我们也十分希望
what we're asking you to do.
能够速战速决
She hasn't handed over her discovery yet.
她还没递交她的证据
I'm still building a case,
我还在立案
and we haven't even set a date for the trial yet.
而且庭审日期还未确定
And the check's in the mail, and all the other things
然后查查邮件,还有人们说的其他事
people say when they don't wanna do what they have to do.
当他们不想做该做的事时
What I have to do is protect the public
我只是保护公众
from the likes of you.
免遭你这类人的毒害
All right, that's enough.
好了,你们够了
Get that discovery to them by the end of the day.
今天把证据给他们
In that case, we'd like to ask that the day of the trial
既然如此,我方要求
be set in the next two weeks.
在两周内进行庭审
Objection, Your Honor, she's had weeks to
反对,法官大人,她已经准备好几周了
You can't have it both ways, Mr. Specter.
鱼与熊掌不可兼得,斯佩克特先生
You can't demand discovery and ask for more time.
你不能既想要证据又想要更多时间准备
Trial starts in two weeks.
庭审在两周后开始
Jessica, we have a problem.
杰西卡,我们有个问题
Thanks for pointing that out, Jack.
谢谢你能指出来,杰克
I had no idea.
我都没发现呢
I'm not talking about the trial.
我指的不是庭审
I'm talking about this.
我指的是这个
What the hell is that?
那是什么玩意儿
An oped in the Journal.
《华尔街日报》的一篇评论文章
"There is no way on God's green earth "
在圣光普照的大地上绝不可能发生的事
"that at least one of the three name partners
就是皮尔逊斯佩克特利特律所的
"at Pearson Specter Litt
三个冠名合伙人中
didn't know what was going on under their own roof."
没有一个知道自己公司内部的勾当"
"God's green earth." Who wrote it?
"圣光普照的大地" ,这是谁写的
A partner at Skaaden.
斯凯登律所的一个合伙人
If it wasn't them, it would've been someone else,
就算他们不写,也会有别人写
because they smell blood.
因为他们闻到了血腥味
I don't care what they smell.
我才不管他们闻到了什么
I've given up everything for this firm,
为了这个律所我放弃了一切
and if anybody tries to take it from me,
如果任何人想从我手中夺走它
they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
他们得从我僵硬冰冷的死尸手中掰下来才行
And what's your goddamn plan? Excuse me?
那你的计划呢,你说什么
Jessica, our reputation's taking a beating.
杰西卡,律所的名声正受到质疑
We need to rehabilitate it.
我们需要重振地位
That means pro bono, and you know it.
也就是无偿代理,你懂的
One free case is not going to move the needle,
不管一个无偿案件多么有价值
no matter how worthy it is.
它都不会改变现状
I'm not talking about one case.
我指的不是一个案件
I'm talking about a series of cases
我指的是为我们的客户最在意的慈善机构
for our clients' most valued charities.
提供一系列无偿服务
Oh, this better not be another scheme, Jack.
这最好不是你的新阴谋,杰克
You think this is a move?
你觉得这是我的一步阴谋
Now why would I ever think that after you tried
不然你认为我会怎么想
to take my firm from me six times in the last ten minutes?
就在你刚刚想方设法从我手中夺权后没多久
I did try to take over from you.
我确实想夺权上位
But I've been at this firm my entire career,
但我这辈子都效力于这个律所
and I am fighting for it now.
并且现在我在为它抗争
And you think I'm not? I'm sure you are.
你认为我没有为它抗争吗,我确定你有
But you're also the reason I'm holding this indictment
但之所以我会拿着这份公司的控告
of our firm in the first place,
你是首要原因
because what they're saying is true.
因为这上面说的很对
And don't you dare try to tell me
你敢告诉我
you didn't know about Mike Ross,
你不知道迈克·罗斯的事吗
because we both know you did.
你我都清楚你一直都知道的
What the hell do you want?
你到底想干什么
Oh, since you made me come all the way down here,
既然你都让我大老远跑来一趟了
I thought I'd save the taxpayers some money
我觉得我就不雇专人了
on hiring a server.
好给纳税人省点钱
A server for what?
雇专人干什么
For your fiancée. I'd like to ask her some questions.
请你未婚妻,我想问她几个问题
Get the hell out of here.
哪儿凉快哪儿待着去
You want to serve a subpoena, you serve it to her.
想送传票,你自己给她
Well, then I wouldn't get to see the look on your face.
那样的话,我就看不到你现在的表情了
Did you really think I wouldn't hit you where it hurts?
你真以为我不知道你的要害吗
I was saving your weakest spot for last.
我只是把最弱的那点留到最后而已
Have a nice day, gentlemen.
祝你们愉快,先生们
What?
怎么了
You know what.
知道吗
It's time we give that woman a taste of her own medicine.
该给那个女人点颜色看看了
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
你什么意思
It means we hire a lawyer from an outside firm,
我们雇一个外部律师
and we dig up dirt on someone she cares about.
查查她关心的事情
Are you out of your mind? You saw what she did to Donna.
你疯了吧,你看到她是怎么对唐娜的了
It's only a matter of time before she tries
她用同样卑鄙的手段对瑞秋
to pull the same shit with Rachel. Mike
只是时间的问题,迈克
Harvey, you're the one that taught me that
哈维,是你教的我
when someone puts pressure on you, you put it back on them.
当有人向你施压时,要以牙还牙
I also taught you if you're gonna take a swing at someone,
我还教过你,如果想要反击
you better knock them out,
你最好能一击制胜
and if we pull the shit that you're talking about
如果我们照你说的做
and get caught,
然后被抓了
all that happens is I get thrown off this case,
最终下场就是我被踢出这个案子
and it's game over.
然后一切玩完了
Harvey, I can't stand by and watch while the people
哈维,我不能眼睁睁地看着
I care about get attacked, and neither could you.
我在乎的人受到攻击,你也受不了
Mike, I promise you,
迈克,我向你保证
I will be there for Rachel every step of the way.
无论如何我都会为瑞秋挺身而出
In the meantime,
与此同时
I need you going through every one of those boxes.
我需要你好好过一遍那些箱子里的文件
Because if that woman is ready to go to trial,
因为如果那个女人真准备好了上庭
she's got a lot more than an email
那她掌握到的证据就肯定不止
from Louis' girlfriend.
路易女友的一封邮件
Rachel Zane. Yes?
瑞秋·赞恩,是我
My name is Anita Gibbs. I'm the
安妮塔·吉布斯,我是
Yes, I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
I'm flattered you came for me personally.
你亲自来找我,真是荣幸
But we aren't supposed to talk for another three days,
但我们这三天不能见面
and I don't have my lawyer with me, so
现在我律师也不在,所以
This isn't a formal interrogation.
这并非正式询问
That won't be necessary.
没必要律师陪同
Then I'll tell you what is necessary.
那我告诉你什么有必要
You're going to put in writing that anything I say to you
你得白纸黑字的写一份证明表示我所说的
is inadmissible.
任何话都无效
I suspected you'd say that, which is why i prepared this.
我就知道你会这么说,所以准备了这个
I understand if you'd prefer to ask somebody who's actually
如果你想向一个真从法律学校毕业的人咨询
completed law school if that's legally binding.
这份文件是否具有法律效力,我可以理解
I'm perfectly capable of determining
我完全有能力判断
if this is legally binding or not.
这是否有法律效力
And I'm not going to let you
而且我也绝不会让你
bait me into saying anything to you.
骗我跟你讲任何事
Well, that's fine with me.
我不介意
I'm not looking for you to talk.
我不是指望你说什么
I'm looking for you to listen.
是希望你听听我的话
Well, it's official.
正式通知
No matter what happens at trial,
不管案子结果如何
this firm isn't surviving Mike Ross.
公司也不会比迈克·罗斯活得久了
I know about the editorial, Louis.
我知道那篇社论了,路易
What editorial?
什么社论
I'm talking about the summer associate applications.
我说的是夏季新律师申请的事
How bad is it? Three people.
有多可怕,就三个人
Not just any three people, the three people
还不是随便三个人,是三个
that never should've made it to harvard in the first place.
根本就不配进哈佛的人
Goddamn it.
该死的
Sheila's sending us the bottom of the barrel.
希拉是把垫底的送来了
She's giving us the sludge that grows
他是把给垫底的垫底的人
at the bottom of the barrel.
送来了
Then...
那么
I think it might be time to start looking beyond Harvard.
我认为也许我们该把眼光放在哈佛以外了
Yeah, that's a great idea. You know what?
是吗,真是好主意,那不如
We should start shitting in the urinals while we're at it.
我们以后有什么就招什么吧
I'm not talking about the University of Arizona, Louis.
我又没说是亚利桑那州立大学,路易
I'm talking about Columbia, Yale, Stanford
我指的是哥伦比亚,耶鲁,斯坦福
And I'm talking about appearances.
我指的是我们的形象
We break our rule and suddenly hire outside of Harvard
我们打破规矩突然从哈佛以外招人的话
We already broke our rule for Rachel with Columbia.
我们收了哥伦比亚的瑞秋就已经破了规矩
Please, that was different, and you know it.
拜托,这是两码事,你自己也知道
No. It was because of Mike,
不,那就是因为迈克
which makes it the same goddamn thing.
所以这才根本就是一码事
One way or another, we are going to keep this firm going.
不管怎样,我们都要保住公司
So if you don't wanna go outside of harvard to do that,
所以你不想去哈佛以外招人
then I suggest you go up to Cambridge,
那我建议你赶紧去剑桥
and convince Sheila to start feeding us
说服希拉给我们介绍些
some worthy goddamn applicants.
有资格的申请者
Okay. So first you pick me up,
好了,你先是派车来接我
then you bring me to my favorite café.
又带我来了我最喜欢的咖啡店
What can I say? I do my homework.
有什么办法,我的调查工作就是做得好
As do I, Ms. Gibbs, which is why I'm not falling for you
我也不赖,吉布斯女士,所以我不会
pretending to be my friend.
上你假装示好的当的
You're right. I'm not your friend.
你说得对,我不是你的朋友
But I am willing to pull some strings
但我愿意动用点影响力
to get the man you love into Columbia Law School.
帮你爱的男人进哥伦比亚法学院
And if you think that I'm gonna buy that fairy tale,
如果你以为我会相信你这个童话
the only strings you're trying to pull are mine.
那你的影响力作用的唯一一个人就是我
The only fairy tale here is the one where you believe
这件事里唯一的童话是你以为
you get out of this thing unscathed.
你能毫发无损的度过这一劫
Okay. We're done here.
行了,我跟你谈够了
Rachel, I'm just trying to give you your options.
瑞秋,我只是想让你清楚你都有哪些路
I know my options.
我知道我的路
Then you know you have no spousal privilege,
那你就该知道你没有配偶特权
which means you're going to have to tell the truth,
也就是说你有义务说出真相
and put your fiancée away.
让你未婚夫进监狱
Or you're gonna have to plead the Fifth.
否则你只能引用第五修正案
Or I can say that he didn't do this.
或者我可以说他就没干这件事
Perjuring yourself is the same as taking the Fifth,
做伪证和引用第五修正案没区别
as far as your future is concerned.
你的未来一样是毁了
What the hell does that mean?
你这是什么意思
I'm saying that someday you're going to face
我的意思是你总有一天
the character and fitness committee of the bar,
要面对律界的性格健康委员会
and I seriously doubt they're going to admit somebody
我真的很怀疑他们会认可
who did that.
干过这种事的人
Are you trying to intimidate a witness?
你是在恐吓证人吗
Because yes, someday I will face that committee,
没错,有天我会面对委员会的审查
but tomorrow they're going to be hearing about you.
但明天他们得先听听你的事
I'm your only way out of this mess.
我是你度过此劫的唯一活路
Just give me the people who are actually responsible for it,
把真正该付责任的人交给我
and I'll see to it that both you and Mike can practice law
我会确保你和迈克的余生都能继续
for the rest of your lives.
在法律界谋生
Please tell me that's the last one.
求你告诉我这是最后一箱了
It is.
没错
Except for the hundred in the other conference room.
除了另一间会议室堆的几百个之外
Holy shit. Yeah.
天哪, 是啊
Trial strategy 101.
庭审策略第一招
Bury the other side in paperwork,
把对方埋进资料堆
so they can't find what they're looking for.
这样他们就不知道自己在找什么了
And what are we looking for?
那我们在找什么
Gibbs' trial strategy.
吉布斯的庭审策略
Somewhere in these boxes are the pieces
这些盒子里藏着
that she is putting together to make her case.
她拼起来立案的拼图碎片
We find them, we know specifically what we have to fight.
找到它们,就能知道我们要对付什么了
And what specifically might those things look like?
那些碎片大概长什么样
Witness lists, interviews, anything to do with Lola Jensen,
证人名单面谈,关于罗拉·詹森的一切
utility bills from when I was supposed to be at Harvard
我本该在哈佛时期间的对账单
Wait, wait, wait. Slow down.
等等,慢点
Why are you writing this down? So I can remember it.
你抄着些干什么,免得忘了
And because we need a system.
而且我们也需要建立个系统
And because you've never done doc review before.
而且还因为你从没做过文献整理
I don't believe it.
难以置信
How you've been a legal secretary this long,
你是怎么做到做了这么久的法律秘书
and never have done doc review. I will tell you how.
还从没做过文献整理,那我告诉你
Because I'm the best damn person you've ever seen
因为我是你见过的最会读懂人心
at reading people, anticipating needs,
最会预测需求
and generally dominating everything.
基本上能处理所有事的人
So, in this situation,
也就是说这件事上
you're going to be absolutely no help at all.
你完全帮不上忙
None whatsoever. I'm getting Rachel.
毫无办法,我去找瑞秋
What's that?
那是什么
What does it look like?
你看像什么
It looks like something I don't have time for.
像我没时间处理的东西
Well, make time.
那就挤点时间出来
Jessica, we've got a thousand boxes of shit to go through,
杰西卡,我们有一千箱垃圾要过一遍
and I've got trial in two weeks. What?
而且开庭就剩两周了, 什么
That's right. The date's been set.
没错,时间已经定了
So I'm sorry that I can't have a doughnut with you right now,
所以抱歉我现在没法陪你吃甜甜圈
but I've got something a little more important to deal with.
但我现在有稍比那重要点的事要做
Harvey, I understand, but our clients are being circled.
哈维,我理解,但我们客户被盯上了
Our reputation's getting tanked,
我们的名誉在受损
and we're getting sent shit associates.
新律师应聘人也都差得不行
And Mike Ross is facing prison.
可迈克·罗斯面临着牢狱之灾
And you're handling one thing,
你只负责一件事
while I'm handling everything else.
而我要负责其它所有事
Jessica No, never mind, Harvey.
杰西卡,好了,别介意,哈维
It's clear that you really don't care
我明白你其实不在乎
about keeping this firm together.
这家律所是否分崩离析
I resigned to keep this firm together.
我为了让律所不分裂都辞职了
Well, it sure doesn't seem to be working out that way,
但这好像没有奏效啊
does it?
不是吗
Great, I'll have my secretary set up a meeting for monday.
好的,我会让秘书在周一安排一次会面
If that meeting's about your pro bono bullshit,
如果那是关于你那破公益诉讼的
cancel it. What?
取消掉,什么
You said it yourself, Jack.
你自己说过的,杰克
Other firms smell blood.
其它律所已经闻到血腥味了
Well, you don't get a shark to back off by playing nice,
友善不会让鲨鱼退却
You do it by clubbing him in the face.
你得用棍棒打在他脸上让他退却
They come after our clients, we go after theirs.
他们挖我们的客户,我们也挖他们的
Clients aren't the ones writing editorials
《华尔街日报》写报道的
for "The Wall Street Journal", Jack.
可不是客户,杰克
You want to poach an attorney.
你要挖来一个律师
I wanna poach a whole goddamn department.
我要挖来一整个部门
That is definitely another way to go.
这可是完全不同的一个选择啊
It's the only way to go,
这是我们仅有的选择
because if we didn't do what we're saying we didn't do,
因为如果我们不去做那些我们说没做过的事
this is what we do. I get it.
这就是我们的下场, 我明白了
You're trying to convince the world we're innocent.
你要告诉外界我们是清白的
Jack, I don't give a shit if my enemies think
杰克,我不关心我的敌人是否认为
I'm innocent or not.
我是无辜的
I give a shit whether they think they can take me down,
我只关心他们是否认为自己能击败我
which is why I'm not going to cower in some pro bono corner,
这就是为什么我不去忙着做公益诉讼
trying to convince them that I'm friendly.
来向他们表现自己的友善
I'm going to kick some ass,
我要主动出击
and remind them that I'm fierce.
让他们重温我的凶猛
There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you.
你在这里啊,我到处找你
Rachel, we need your help. Where have you been?
瑞秋,我们需要你的帮助,你跑到哪里去了
With Anita Gibbs.
跟安妮塔·吉布斯在一起
What? How did you let that happen?
什么,你怎么能跟她会面
Because she ambushed me on the street,
她在街上守着我呢,拿着一份文件
with a document that said our conversation
声明我们俩的谈话
would be inadmissible.
不会作为证据
And if she did that is because
她这么做不就是
she didn't want to talk to you,
为了套你的话
she wanted to get in your head.
她想套你的人
Mike, I know what she wanted to do.
迈克,我知道她打算干什么
What did she say?
她怎么说的
She said that she could get you into Columbia,
她说她能让你上哥伦比亚大学
and that you could be a lawyer after all this is over.
在这一切平息之后你可以成为一名律师
Rachel, she's lying
瑞秋,她在撒谎
You think I don't know that?
你觉得我看不出来吗
Well, we've already been over this.
我们已经讨论过了
The only way she is gonna help us is if we help her
只有我们背叛了哈维和杰西卡之后
put Harvey and Jessica away.
她才会帮我们
Yes, Mike, I know that, but we didn't go over the part
迈克,这个我知道,但是我们没有讨论过
where I don't get into the bar because I took the Fifth.
我没有坐牢的原因是我引用了第五修正案
Oh, goddamn it!
我的天哪
This is exactly why I wanted Harvey to be there.
这就是为什么我希望哈维在场
She got into your head. She didn't got into my head.
她果然套住你了, 她没有影响到我
She dangled our dream in front of me,
她把我们的梦想吊在那里诱惑我
and I know that we can't have that.
我知道这个我们不能拿
It doesn't mean I can't handle this.
但这并不意味着我不能掌控局面
It doesn't seem like you're handling it.
看情形你好像并没有掌控局面
I am. You're crying.
我有掌控, 你哭了
No. I'm releasing my emotions so that I can persevere
不,我释放我的情绪是因为我承认它的存在
instead of denying them and losing my mind.
而不是否认它进而失去理智
Which I can't do today,
我今天不能失去理智
because I have a meeting with the Dean.
因为我跟院长有个会面
Now, I came in here to be alone
现在,我一个人到这里
so I can deal with my shit,
是为了单独处理这些烂事
so if you don't mind, I would like to be alone
所以你别介意的话,让我一个人待会儿
so I can deal with my shit.
让我自己处理这些
Hey, did you find something in the discovery?
你搜寻到什么结果了没有
Yeah, sure as hell did.
当然有
I just discovered that Gibbs picked up Rachel.
我发现吉布斯跟瑞秋见面了
What? She arrested her?
什么,吉布斯逮捕她了吗
No, she pulled up to the curb with some document.
没有,她拿份破文件在路边等着她
I don't give a shit what she pulled up with.
我不关心她拿了什么狗屁文件
Rachel should know not to go with her.
瑞秋应该明白不要跟她接触
Yeah, and that would've been an excellent thing
是啊,她的律师应该告知她这个
for her lawyer to tell her, except her lawyer wasn't there.
除非她的律师不在场
Excuse me? You promised me
什么,你向我保证过
that you would be with her every step of the way.
你在法律程序的每一步都会跟她在一起
I promised I'd represent her at a deposition,
我保证过我在取证的时候会跟她在一起
not babysit her 24 hours a day.
不是全天24小时做她的保姆
Maybe instead of getting mad at Rachel, it is time for us
也许我们不应该为瑞秋的事抓狂了
to figure out how to go after Gibbs.
我们应该想想怎么对付吉布斯
This again. Yes, this again.
又来这个,对,又是这个
I told you she was gonna go after Rachel, and now she has.
我跟你说过她会找上瑞秋的,现在找上了
And I told you if you're gonna go after someone,
我也告诉过你如果你打算对付谁
you better knock them out.
你最好直接把他踢出局
Then you better figure out a way to knock Gibbs out soon,
那你最好找到一个把吉布斯踢出局的方法
because if you don't, I will.
因为如果你不做,我去做
Louis.
路易
What are you doing here? What?
你在这里干什么,怎么了
You thought you could lie to my face and get away with it?
你觉得你可以当着我的面撒谎然后就完了
I never lied to you. Really?
我从来没有对你撒谎,真的吗
Because you swore
因为你发誓你不会
you wouldn't come forward about that email,
继续跟进那封邮件
but you did.
但是你食言了
And you you're pulling this associate shit.
现在你又给我这么几个新人提名
I didn't come forward. They found me.
我没有主动站出来,是他们找到我的
And I'm not pulling any associate shit.
而且新人的事也不是我搞的
Then what do you call this pathetic excuse
那你怎么解释这份
of a candidates list?
悲催的候选人名单
I call it inevitable.
我觉得这是自然而然的
Because our students can read.
因为我们的学生识字
The editorial. Yes.
那篇报道,是的
The editorial.
那篇报道
So you're not sending us sludge.
所以你没有抹黑我们
Louis, I'm not doing anything.
路易,我没有做什么
Your firm is being investigated
你的律所正在被
by the U.S. Attorney's office.
联邦检察官办公室调查
And no one is going to risk their career on a place
没有人会把自己的职业生涯搭进一个
that may not even exist in a month.
不到一个月就要倒闭的地方
They might, if you convince them to.
他们会的,如果你去说服他们
Louis, I can't do that. Sheila, please.
路易,我这么做的,希拉,求求你
I came here once before, hoping for a second chance
我之前来过一次,恳求得到第二次机会
and you wouldn't give it to me.
你并没有给我
What does that have to do with this?
那跟这事有什么关系
Because if we'd gotten back together then,
因为如果当时我们在一起了
I wouldn't even be at the firm now, but I am.
我就不会在这家律所了,但我还在那里
And it's all I have.
那是我的所有了
I understand you not giving me a second chance then.
我能理解你不给我第二次机会
But I'm begging you...
但现在我再次恳求你
Give my firm one now.
给我的律所一次机会
Louis, even if I wanted to, it won't work.
路易,就算我愿意帮你也没用
You don't know that. Yes, I do.
你怎么知道没用, 我就是知道
Because they're going to ask me if I think it's a good idea
因为他们会问我去皮尔逊斯佩克特利特工作
For them to work at Pearson Specter Litt, and I don't.
是否明智,而我知道答案是否定的
Sheila Louis.
希拉, 路易
Please don't ask me to lie to them.
请不要让我对他们撒谎
What are you doing?
你要干嘛
I'm just wondering if you're gonna stay in here
我想着你你是不是要在这里待一整天
going over stuff all day.
一直看这些材料
What else would I be doing? Going to the ball game?
那我还能干什么,去看球赛
I don't know, Harvey,
我不清楚啊,哈维
I thought maybe you'd be doing something to get Anita Gibbs
我以为你会在想办法让安妮塔·吉布斯
to back off Rachel.
放过瑞秋
Donna, she threatened to go to the bar.
唐娜,她威胁说要去找律师协会
It's a bullshit hypothetical that she couldn't do
那简直是胡扯,没有瑞秋的证词
until after Rachel testified.
她是不能这么做的
Which is after the trial starts,
那也是要等到上庭了
and that's what I'm goddamn working on.
这才是我现在正准备的事情
Harvey, all I'm saying is
哈维,我只是想说
that when Mike gets worked up about something,
迈克在为事情做准备的时候
he doesn't tend to make the best decisions.
他不一定能做出最好的决定
Well, if he doesn't work on the discovery,
如果他不为调查证据做准备的话
he's gonna go to jail, so...
他就要去蹲监狱了,所以
What do you want me to do? I don't know, Harvey.
你让我怎么办, 我不知道,哈维
But you better at least go talk to Anita Gibbs,
但你至少得去找安妮塔·吉布斯谈谈
because Mike gave you a warning loud and clear.
因为迈克已经明确告诉过你了
If you don't do something, he will.
如果你不行动的话,他来
Jack, I don't often come outside for my coffee,
杰克,我一般不出来喝咖啡
but when I do is because I'm feeling the need
但是我出来了就说明我觉得我有需要
for a little alone time.
一个人静静
Well, I came out here because I knew you wouldn't want
我出来是因为我知道你不想让
anyone hearing what I have to say.
任何人听到我接下来要说的话
Are you here to tell me you can get the job done?
你是来告诉我你能搞定的吗
No, I'm here to tell you if you want me to get it done,
不,我来是告诉你如果你想让我把事情搞定的话
you're going to have to open your wallet.
那就要破费了
I'm not paying you more money,
我不会多付你钱
just to get you to poach a department.
就为了让你挖个墙脚
I'm not talking about me.
我说的不是我
I'm talking the Real Estate Division of Baker Hostetler.
我说的是贝克·豪斯特勒律所的房地产部门
How much do they want? Double what they're making.
他们想要多少,现在的两倍
Are you insane?
你疯了吗
That's what broke Dewey Ballantine.
杜威·巴兰坦就是这么被拖垮的
You can't have two classes of partners.
你不能同时有两班合伙人
Then we can't poach a department,
那我们就不能挖部门了
because they're the only ones even willing to come here,
因为考虑到目前的状况
considering what's going on.
他们是唯一愿意来的
Then make the offer.
那就开条件吧
And let me have my goddamn coffee in peace.
让我安安静静地喝完我的咖啡
Ms. Scott,
斯科特女士
there's a Harvey Specter here to see you.
有位哈维·斯佩克特先生找你
He says it's urgent.
他说有急事
Send him in.
让他进来
I don't believe it.
真不敢相信
You have some balls pretending to be Harvey to get in here.
为了进来说自己是哈维,你胆子还真不小啊
Well, you did call me "Baby Harvey" once.
你是叫过我"小哈维"来着
I don't give a shit what I called you.
我才不管以前叫过你什么
Get out! Now! Scottie, Scottie, please.
出去,马上, 斯科特,斯科特,求你
Listen, I knew you would never agree to see me,
听着,我知道你肯定不会见我的
and I need to talk to you.
但我得跟你谈谈
About what?
谈什么
I need someone to bring an action
我需要有人来对付
against Anita Gibbs' sister. Are you insane?
安妮塔·吉布斯的妹妹,你疯了吗
Listen to me. She's not just coming after me.
听我说,她不光是冲着我来的
She's coming after my fiancée. I don't care.
现在连我的未婚妻也不放过,我不在乎
If I do that, I might as well call the woman up,
如果我真帮了你,还不如给那女人打个电话
and tell her that I'm in on your whole bullshit too.
直接告诉她你那一通狗屁里有我一份功劳
We get someone from your firm Not to mention
那就从你的律所里挑个人,更不用说
I told Harvey that I never
我跟哈维说了
even wanted to hear your name again.
我连你的名字都不想再听到
He didn't tell you about that, did he?
他没告诉你,是吧
Well, I guess he hasn't changed,
那我猜他也没变
because he didn't tell me about you
因为他也没有告诉我你的事
until it was too late either.
直到一切都为时已晚
So I am sorry about your fiancée,
所以你未婚妻的事我很遗憾
but I need you to go now.
但现在请你出去
Scottie, this woman is not gonna stop
斯科特,这女人不得到她想要的东西
until she gets what she wants.
是不会停的
And what she wants is Harvey.
而她想要的,正是哈维
So I'm not asking you to do this for me and Rachel.
所以我不是求你为了我和瑞秋
I'm asking you to do it for him.
而是求你为了他
Is that an invitation to your bar mitzvah?
你成人礼的请柬吗
Because I'm busy that day.
我那天可没空
It's a motion to have you sanctioned
是一封因你非正当联系证人
for improperly contacting a witness.
而对你申请制裁的动议
I didn't improperly contact anyone.
我可没有非正当联系任何人
Oh, bullshit.
胡说
You got Rachel Zane alone so you could
你和瑞秋·赞恩单独见面
offer her a deal to turn on me.
就是为了劝她告发我
And there's nothing wrong with that.
可那并没有什么不对啊
You listen to me.
你听我说
You've been pulling shit like this You denied my client access to his attorney,
这件事一开始你就一直在
you fabricated charges against Donna,
然后又针对唐娜进行虚假指控
and now you're tampering with a witness.
现在又来干扰证人
And all witness tampering would do is hurt my own case,
干扰证人对我的案子有百害而无一利
and why on god's green earth would I do that?
我到底究竟是为什么要这么做
Why did you just say?
你刚说什么
I said you're insane if you think that
我说你真是疯了才会觉得
No, you said, "On god's green earth,"
不是,你刚说"到底究竟"
which is exactly what that editorial said.
跟那篇文章上写的一模一样
I remember because I thought,
我记得是因为我当时还想
"What person under 80 uses that phrase?"
"这种词不是八十岁朝上的人才用的么"
Well, looks like I found her.
看来我找到她了
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说些什么
You sure as hell do, because you planted that goddamn thing.
你当然知道,因为整件事都是你一手策划的
You have any proof?
有证据吗
No, you don't.
你没有
But even if I did plant that,
就算真的是我一手策划的
it would only have been
那也肯定是因为
because there's no way that one of you
你们不可能不知道
did not know what was going on.
到底发生了什么事
And until one of you admits that,
除非你们中有人承认
I'm going to take apart your firm brick by brick.
不然我就会一点一点整垮你们的律所
So you want to file that thing? You go ahead.
你要是真想递交那动议,随你
It's not going to stop me for one second.
这根本就阻止不了我
Rachel, please.
瑞秋,请
Have a seat. Thank you, Dean.
请坐,谢谢院长
I have to say I've so been looking forward
我得说我真的很期待
to my first student review.
我的第一次学生回访
And ever since your first interview here,
自你的第一次面试起
you've done nothing but impress me.
你就给我留下了很深的印象
Which is why I'm sorry to have to bring this up now.
这也正是为什么提出这件事我非常遗憾
Bring what up?
提出什么
The fact that your last LSAT score was significantly higher
你这次的法学院入学考试分数比之前的
than your previous ones.
要高出很多
That is because I studied
那是因为我这次
incredibly hard the last time.
学习得超级努力啊
Did you study hard?
是你努力学习
Or did your fiancée study hard for you?
还是你的未婚夫替你努力学习了
You think Mike took the LSAT for me?
你觉得入学考试是迈克替我考的
I think he's been indicted
我觉得他还得被控
for more serious crimes than that.
比这更严重的罪名
And now there are allegations
况且还有指控说
that he's taken the LSATs for people.
他有过替考法学院入学考试的前科
I can't believe this. I took that test myself.
真是难以置信,那考试是我自己考的
And I have a responsibility to protect
但我有责任保护
the reputation of this university.
这所大学的声誉
And how exactly are you proposing
那你要怎么做
to protect that reputation?
来保护这所谓的声誉
By expelling any dangers to it.
开除任何危及本校名誉的人
Unless, of course, for some reason
当然了,除非,基于某些原因
these allegations against him are dropped.
这些针对他的指控被撤销了
Anita Gibbs called you, didn't she?
安妮塔·吉布斯打给你了,是不是
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
I'm simply giving you the courtesy of letting you know
我不过是出于礼貌告诉你
that if I have to choose between your future and this university's,
假如我得在你的前程和本校的未来间做出选择
I'm not choosing you.
我不会选你
Well, then, please, tell Ms. Gibbs
那么拜托,告诉吉布斯女士
thank you for the courtesy.
谢谢她的礼貌之举
Scottie, what are you doing here?
斯科特,你在这里干什么
I can't believe you sent him to me.
我简直不敢相信你派他来找我
Sent who? Oh, don't give me that.
派谁,别和我玩那套
The last time you came to me,
上次你来找我
you said it was because Mike made you.
你说是因为迈克让你来的
Well, this time, you made him.
这一次,你让他来
I didn't made him do anything.
我没让他干任何事
Well, then, you taught him well, because he came to me
那么你把他教得不错,因为他来找我
and pulled on my heart strings
和我玩攻心战
to get me to do something for you,
以便让我帮你做事
but this time the answer is no.
但这一次,我拒绝
I am not going after Anita Gibbs.
我不会去对付安妮塔·吉布斯的
Scottie, I would never ask you to do something like that.
斯科特,我绝不对让你去做这种事的
That's funny, because you asked me to throw a case
那就有趣了,因为你曾让我放弃一个案子
to keep Mike from getting caught.
以保护迈克不被抓
Throwing a case doesn't put a target on your back.
放弃一个案子是不会让你成为靶子的
If you really wanted to keep a target off my back,
假如你真的不想让我成为靶子
you never would've told me about Mike in the first place.
你一开始就不会告诉我迈克的事
Scottie, I didn't tell him to do that.
斯科特,我没让他那么做
Well, then, I guess you two are having the same problem we did.
那我猜你俩之间的问题和我们当初的一样
You don't talk to each other.
你们互相不沟通
Since you chose him over me it's not my problem anymore.
但既然你弃我选他,那这事就和我无关了
I didn't chose him over you.
我没有弃你选他
Yes, you did.
不,你有
And whether you choose to admit it or not,
而且无论你承不承认
it was Mike's secret that broke us up in the first place.
当初就是迈克的秘密害我们分手的
You let her in here without telling me?
你没和我说一声就让她进来了
I was in the conference room, going over discovery.
我当时在会议室,翻看调查证据
What are you going to do?
你打算做什么
I don't know what I'm gonna do, but whatever it is,
我不知道我要做什么,但无论做什么
I'm gonna do it right now.
我都打算立刻动手
Harvey, calm down.
哈维,冷静点
I'm not gonna calm down,
我才不打算冷静呢
you told me to go after Gibbs
你让我去对付吉布斯
to stop Mike from doing something stupid, and I did,
以防止迈克做出什么傻事,我去了
and all that did was waste our time like I said it would.
但一切就像我说的,都是浪费时间
Harvey. Gibbs is attacking Rachel,
哈维,吉布斯在攻击瑞秋
the woman he loves.
他爱的女人
You of all people should be able to understand that.
所有人中你最应该能理解那一点
I don't give a shit.
我才不管
He had no right to go after someone I love.
他无权去找我爱的人的麻烦
Okay, you know what, Harvey?
好吧,你知道吗,哈维
Mike is the one on trial here, not Scottie.
要受审的是迈克,不是斯科特
And all he did was ask her to do something.
而他所做的不过是求她办些事
So maybe the thing that you're really upset about
所以也许你真正生气的是
is that she was right.
她说得没错
Well, how did it go?
怎么样了
We've known each other a long time, Jack,
我们认识很久了,杰克
and I'd really like to help,
我也真的很想帮忙
but it's not gonna happen.
但我帮不了
You said if I could get them double
你说过假如我能让他们出的钱翻倍...
I said it would take at least double just to get me to ask.
我说的是至少得翻倍我才好开口去问
I did, and they laughed me out of the room.
我问了,然后他们笑得让我待不下去
What if I could get you more?
假如我能搞来更多钱呢
There's no number that's going to get them
无论花多少钱都无法让他们
to come to Pearson Specter
投向皮尔逊斯佩克特
because they don't believe there's gonna be a firm to come to.
因为他们不相信这家律所能存活下去
Then why did you ask to meet me here?
那你为何还要约我来这里见面
Because after I asked them about your offer,
因为在我向他们提过你的提议之后
I asked them about mine.
我还问了他们我的提议
What are you talking about?
什么意思
I told them a former fraternity brother of mine,
我告诉他们我有一个前兄弟会兄弟
who happens to be a kickass lawyer might be looking for a change.
他恰好是一名也许想另寻良机的厉害律师
You're offering me a job?
你在给我提供一份工作吗
Jack, Pearson Specter's a sinking ship.
杰克,皮尔逊斯佩克特日是艘下沉的船
We've taken on some water.
我们是进了些水
You've taken on an ocean.
你们那是进了一海洋的水
Why the hell would you wanna stay there?
你到底是为什么想留在那里
I'll tell you why.
我会告诉你为什么的
Because if that ship sinks,
因为假如那艘船沉了
I'll find myself another job.
我会再找到一份工作
But if it doesn't,
但假如它没沉
I have the chance to be one of the captains.
我就有机会成为船长之一了
If I come to you now,
假如我现在就投奔你
I'll never be more than a lifer.
我一辈子就只能干这个了
As my friend, tell me I'm wrong.
作为我的朋友,告诉我我错了
You're not wrong.
你没错
Don't tell me they printed out a special evening edition on us too.
别告诉我他们为我们也特别印了一份晚报
Not yet.
还没
I read it,
我读了
by the way,
顺带一提
on the flight up to Boston.
在飞去波士顿的路上
And did it fire you up?
你有被那篇文章气到吗
Pissed me the hell off.
快给气死了
You couldn't get it done with Sheila, could you?
你没办法搞定希拉,是不是
Jessica, she didn't send us the candidates on that list.
杰西卡,那张单子上的候选人不是她选的
They were the only three that even asked to be submitted,
而是只有他们三个提交了申请
and it was because of bullshit like that.
就因为那张报纸上的屁话
People are scared to come here. They are.
大家都不敢来这里了,的确
I tried to get Sheila to make them unafraid, but I couldn't.
我试图说服希拉安抚他们,但我失败了
That's all right.
没关系
It's all right, Louis. It's not your fault.
没关系的,路易,这不是你的错
Once word got out about Mike
一旦迈克的事泄露出去
this was bound to happen.
这种事注定会发生
What I learned from hiring Mike
从雇用迈克这件事上我学到了一点
was that not all great lawyers went to Harvard.
那就是并非所有的好律师都上过哈佛
What are you saying?
你的意思是
I contacted Stanford, Yale,
我联系了斯坦福,耶鲁
Columbia, Penn, and all the rest...
哥伦比亚,宾大,以及其他所有...
top 20 law schools.
前20的法学院
I officially opened up the doors to Pearson Specter Litt.
我正式打开了皮尔逊斯佩克特利特的大门
I know how much you hated to do that, Louis,
我知道你有多不情愿这么做,路易
but sometimes we need to do what we have to...
但有时我们不得不去做一些事...
to survive.
来生存
Is there anything else I can do? No, there isn't.
我还能做些别的什么吗,没有了
Right now, we just need to get through this trial,
现如今,我们只需要挺过这场庭审
and pray to god that Harvey gets
并向上帝祈祷哈维能帮
Mike goddamn Ross off the hook.
迈克·熊孩子·罗斯脱罪
You're doing dishes.
你在洗碟子
So?
所以呢
So you hate doing dishes,
你恨洗碟子
which means something's wrong.
这意味着出问题了
Nothing's wrong.
没什么问题
What's going on?
发生什么事了
I don't even know if I should say it,
我都不知道自己该不该说
because the last time I did you got so mad.
因为上次我说了之后你暴跳如雷
You thought I was gonna leave you.
你以为我要离开你
And you say you want me to share things with you,
你说你想让我向你倾诉
but I don't know if you do,
但我不确定你是不是真心的
because when I do
因为当我倾诉了
you seem to get so upset that I...
你就也变得特别沮丧,让我...
I get it. You want to talk about making a deal.
我懂了,你想说做交易的事
I don't know what I wanna do.
我不知道我要做什么
I just...
我只是...
She said that she could get you into Columbia,
她说她能把你弄进哥伦比亚大学
and you're right.
而你说得很对
It got into my head.
这话说到我心里了
Rachel, we've been over this.
瑞秋,之前她就这么说了
She was lying.
那是在撒谎
That was before I knew she was able to get to the dean.
那是在我知道她能指使院长之前
What are you talking about?
你说什么
I had my meeting with him today,
今天我和院长见面了
And I thought he was going to tell me
我原本以为他要和我说
how well I've been doing, and instead...
我做得有多好,可结果...
He threatened to expel me.
他威胁说要开除我
Okay.
好吧
Okay, thatthat doesn't mean that it was Gibbs.
好吧,但这并不意味着这是吉布斯干的
You weren't there. No, I wasn't there, all right?
你不在那里,我是不在那里,好吧
But it's not crazy to assume that they would question
但没跟吉布斯沟通过得情况下
whether or not you knew about me without talking to Gibbs.
就来问你是否认识我也是合理的事
Is it crazy for them to mention a crime
那没跟吉布斯沟通过得情况下
you haven't even been accused of without talking to Gibbs?
他们提到一项你没被指控的罪名算不算合理
What? They said there are rumors
什么,他们说有流言称
of you taking the LSATs for people
你替别人考法学院入学考试
And they're accusing you of doing that for me.
他们说是你替我考试
Well...At least now I know what I need to do.
起码现在我知道该怎么做了
Harvey.
哈维
I know how we can stop Gibbs from pressuring Rachel.
我知道该怎么阻止吉布斯向瑞秋施压了
Does it involve going to Scottie without telling me?
这包括不跟我说一声就跑到斯科特那里吗
Harvey. Goddamn it, you had no right.
哈维, 该死,你无权这么做
I had every right,
我当然有这个权力
because I knew Gibss would keep crossing lines,
因为我知道吉布斯会不断越界
and that's exactly what she did.
而她之前就是这么做的
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
She manipulated the dean of Columbia
她让哥伦比亚大学的院长
into threatening to expel Rachel.
威胁瑞秋说要开除她
Where's your proof?
证据呢
They accused her of having me take the LSATs for her,
他们跟她说是我替她考的法学院入学考试
and the only problem is, there's no record of me
唯一的问题在于,没有任何记录
ever having being accused of that.
显示我有那么做过
The guy you saw in court.
是你在法庭上见到的那个人
Yes, his name is David Green.
没错,他叫大卫·格林
He must've told Gibbs about me,
他肯定和吉布斯说过这事
and then she used that
于是她利用这点
to get the dean to strongarm Rachel.
来让院长威胁瑞秋
That's abuse of power.
这是在滥用权力
I told you, the only problem with that theory is,
我跟你说过,这个说法唯一的问题在于
David Green tells Gibbs about you,
只要大卫·格林跟吉布斯说起这事
and his career is done.
他的事业就完了
Then he must've told her anonymously.
那他肯定是向她匿名举报的
Which doesn't help us, 'cause we still don't have
那也帮不了我们,因为我们还是没有
any proof that she contacted the dean.
她联系过院长的证据
No, we don't, but it wouldn't be that hard for me to get.
是没有,但我要找出证据并不难
No, it could be a setup. It's too risky.
不行,这可能是陷阱,风险太大了
This whole goddamn thing is too risky,
这整件事的风险都很大
but right now Rachel's future is in jeopardy,
可现在瑞秋的前途危在旦夕
And if I have to risk tacking on a few years to save her,
为了她就算判多我几年
is not even a close call.
都算不了什么
All right. Do what you have to do.
好吧,尽管去做吧
Just don't get caught.
别被抓就行
You're knocking.
你敲门了
That means it's either bad news or you want something.
这说明如果不是有坏消息就是你别有所求
I couldn't get the department. Don't tell me.
我搞不定那个部门, 别跟我说这个
They said we're in no position to poach anybody.
他们说我们已经没有能挖人的地位了
That's exactly what they said,
在给我一份工作之前
right before they offered me a job.
他们就是这么说的
So you're here to tell me you took it.
所以你是来跟我说你接受了吗
I'm here to ask you if you want me to take it.
我是来问你想要我接受吗
What the hell difference does it make what I want?
我想不想能有什么区别
Jessica, when I left Boston, people said I was a traitor
杰西卡,当我离开波士顿时,别人说我是叛徒
and that I thought I was too good for my own hometown.
于是我觉得我的才华在家乡得不到施展
Well, it wasn't true.
事实并非如此
But I knew the real test for me
而我明白真正的考验
wasn't making it in my own hometown.
并不是在家乡大展身手
It was making it in the toughest city
而是在这座环境最艰险的城市
in the world, and as far as I'm concerned,
开创事业,就我所知
I haven't done that yet.
我还没做到
You want to be made name partner.
你想成为冠名合伙人
I wanna know if it'll ever even be on the table.
我想知道你能不能让这事发生
I could say yes to that right now,
现在我就能给你肯定的答案
but how would you know you could trust me?
可你怎么知道你能相信我
I have no other choice.
我别无选择
And how do I know I can trust you?
我又怎么知道自己能相信你
What's this? You know what it is.
这是什么, 你知道是什么
It's what Daniel Hardman has on you.
这是丹尼尔·哈德曼手里关于你的把柄
Now you have it too.
现在你也有了
David Green.
大卫·格林
What are you doing here?
你在这干什么
So you do remember me.
看来你确实记得我
Of course I do.
当然记得
You're the guy we're prosecuting.
你是我们正在起诉的人
The fake lawyer.
那个冒牌律师
Oh, I'm more than that and you know it.
我的能耐可不止如此,你懂的
What are you talking about?
什么意思
You hired me because I'm smart.
你当年雇我是因为我够聪明
What you don't know is that I have a photographic memory,
可你不知道的是我有过目不忘的能力
which means I have your drivers license number
这意味着我七年前就记住了
from seven years ago memorized.
你的驾驶证号
Not that it matters, because I also made a copy.
这也算不上什么,因为我有复印件了
Like I made a copy of all my clients' licenses.
我把所有客户的驾照都复印下来了
That doesn't prove anything.
那也证明不了什么
Maybe not, but I also remember every answer I put down
或许吧,可我同样记得那104个问题
on a 104 question test.
我是如何作答的
If that's not proof, I don't know what is.
如果那都不算证据,世上就没证据了
What do you want?
你想怎样
I want proof that Anita Gibbs' pressuring the dean of Columbia
我想要是安妮塔·吉布斯让哥伦比亚大学的院长
to expel Rachel Zane.
开除瑞秋·赞恩的证据
I can't do that. Yes, you can.
我没法这么做,你可以的
Okay, they went to law school together.
好吧,他们在法学院是同学
There's your connection.
这就是他们的联系
Circumstantial public record not good enough.
公共记录这种旁证可没什么用
I do what you're asking and get caught,
如果被人抓到我帮了你
and my career at the U.S. Attorney's office is over.
那我就没法呆在联邦检察官办公室
I give what I have to the D.A.,
如果我向地方检察官检举此事
and your career as a lawyer is over.
你就没法当律师了
If you do that, you only implicate yourself.
这样做只会连累你自己
Yeah, maybe you didn't notice, asshole,
是啊,可能你还没注意到,混账
but I'm already on trial, and now you're coming
我已经被审了,如今你却找
after the woman I love.
我爱的女人的麻烦
And the truth is you don't deserve to practice law.
事实就是你不配做律师
Maybe I don't either, but she does.
我或许也不配,但她配
And, believe me, when it comes to this,
相信我,当事关这件事时
I really don't give a shit about me or you.
我才不管你我死活
And what if I can't find what you're looking for?
如果我找不到你想要的东西怎么办
You know what, David?
这么说吧,大卫
You might not have been smart enough to get 178 on the LSATs,
你或许还没聪明到能在法学院入学考试拿178分
but I'm pretty damn sure you're smart enough to do that.
但我很确定你不会蠢到那事都干不了
What's this? That's what you're gonna sign.
这是什么,你要签的东西
This says you're dropping a charge
上面写了你们要撤销一项
of malicious prosecution in exchange for
对我诬告的诉讼,以交换
me admitting a sanctionable offense.
我承认进行了不当侵权
And for backing the hell off going after Rachel Zane.
并且放弃传唤瑞秋·赞恩
Is this a joke? No.
这是开玩笑吗,不
And neither is getting the Dean of Columbia Law
让哥伦比亚法学院院长来给你做脏事
to do your dirty work.
也不是开玩笑的
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你们在说什么
You know exactly what we're talking about.
你很清楚
And unless you want us to tell the world
除非你想让我们告诉全世界
that you intimidated a witness
你勾结法学院老朋友
by colluding with your old law school buddy,
恐吓证人
you're going to sign that.
你就得签了那个
You don't have a shred of proof
你们没有任何证据
that I had anyone do anything.
证明我让任何人做了任何事
I have a copy of an anonymous tip sent to you,
我有一份给你的匿名举报的副本
saying I took the LSAT for people,
说我代人考法学院入学考试
and a record of a phone call from your office
还有一段十分钟后从你办公室打给
to the Dean of Columbia ten minutes later.
哥大院长的电话的录音
That's no proof of anything.
那什么也不能证明
It's proof enough for us to sue Dean Herrick
那证据足够我们
for every penny he's ever made.
为赫里克院长赚得每分钱起诉他了
You think when we get him in a deposition
你觉得等我们把他送上证人席
he isn't gonna crack?
他不会开口吗
You think you're pretty smart, don't you?
你们觉得你们很聪明是吗
Smart enough to outwit a U.S. Attorney.
够赢个联邦检察官了
And if we can do it here, what makes you think
如果我们在这儿能赢你,你凭什么觉得
we won't be able to do it in court?
我们没法在法庭上赢呢
Because court is not about bullshit like this.
因为法庭跟这些废话无关
It's about facts.
那里要讲事实
And the fact is, you're not a goddamn lawyer.
事实是,你不是律师
You have it done.
你把事情解决了
How'd you know? Because you're doing
你怎么知道的,因为你
that puffy chest thing you do
把胸挺得很高
when you feel really good about yourself.
你每次自我感觉特别良好时都那样
I do not do a puffy chest thing.
我不挺胸的
Yes, you do. And relax,
你会的,别紧张
because I love you and your chest.
因为我爱你,也爱你的胸
Well, I love you and your chest.
我也爱你,和你的胸
Oh, that came out wrong.
那句错了
Seriously, I meant your mind.
真的,我是想说你的头脑
Your brilliant legal mind.
你聪慧的法律头脑
Well, if it wasn't for you and your brilliant legal mind,
如果不是你和你聪慧的法律头脑
I might not be in law school right now.
我现在也不会在法学院里
No, II understand that a lot of them already
不,我理解他们很多人都准备好了
Okay, well, if anyone wants to
好,如果有人想要
No, I see. I see.
不,我明白,我明白
Maybe next year.
也许明年吧
Bye.
再见
Louis.
路易
I need to talk to you for a second.
我得跟你聊一聊
What now?
又是什么事
Jack Soloff wants to know
杰克·索罗夫想知道
if we'll someday consider making him name partner.
我们会不会有天考虑让他做命名合伙人
Why the hell would we do that?
我们为什么要那么做
Because I sent him to poach a department
因为我让他去挖墙脚
and instead they offered him a job.
结果对方给了他份工作邀请
I get it.
我明白了
Nobody wants to come here, so your answer
没人想来,所以你的办法就是
is to give our inhouse enemy
给我们屋檐下的敌人
the promotion he's always wanted.
他梦寐以求的升职
Louis, you're the one who wanted me to do it before.
路易,以前是你最想让我这么做
And you talked me out of it.
但你劝住了我
Because you were right.
因为你是对的
Just like you used to be right about everything.
就像你以前总是对的
But now it seems like you're wrong about everything.
可现在你好像总是做错事
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
你这话什么意思
I just heard back from the last of those 20 schools.
我刚接到那20所学校里最后一所的消息
And it turns out they have a lot more in common
结果是他们跟哈佛的意见一致性
with Harvard that we thought, because none of them
比我们想得要强多了,因为他们
wants to do anything to do with us
都不想跟我们扯上关系
because our leadership sucks.
因为我们的领导糟透了
You watch yourself, Louis.
小心你的语气,路易
I don't need to watch myself.
我不用小心
I need to light a fire under your ass.
我需要在你屁股底下点把火
because our future is slipping away,
因为我们的未来要溜走了
and offering Jack name partner
而给杰克命名合伙人地位
or praying to god that Harvey
或是跟上帝祈祷哈维
just gets Mike off the hook
能把迈克的案子摆平
isn't going to stop it from happening.
都没法阻止这事发生
Okay, Louis.
好,路易
You want to do something more than pray,
你想做点祈祷之外的事
Harvey gets Mike acquitted,
哈维把迈克弄出来了
then you get your ass back up to Harvard
你现在就滚去哈佛
and you make sure Sheila doesn't show up to that trial.
保证希拉不会出现在庭审上
Hi, Donna.
唐娜
Is there, um...
有...
Is there something I can help you with?
有什么我能帮忙的吗
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry
我只是想说我很遗憾
about what happened with the dean.
为院长那件事
And I'm glad that Mike took care of it.
我很高兴迈克解决掉它了
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'm sorry that...
我很抱歉...
that I didn't come to you with this whole thing,
我在整个过程中都没来看你
But II...
但我...
They were pressuring you to turn on Harvey
他们在给你施压,要你背叛哈维
and based on our last conversation,
而以我们上次对话情况看
you didn't think I was the right person to talk to about that.
你不认为我是讨论那事的合适人选
As usual, you're right.
一如既往地,你是对的
Rachel, I got upset because I didn't want to think
瑞秋,我生气是因为我不愿去想
about what I do if I have to choose
我必须在哈维和我爸爸间做选择时
between my dad and Harvey.
会怎么做
Because this whole situation sucks.
因为这整个情况都糟透了
And we may have to make hard choices,
我们可能得做很艰难的选择
and I want you to know that no matter what you do,
而我想告诉你无论你做什么
you're my friend.
你是我的朋友
And I will always love you.
我会永远爱你
I will always love you too.
我也会永远爱你
Thank you for coming.
谢谢你能来
I only came here because I don't want you
我来只是因为我不希望你
or Mike Ross or anyone else from this firm
或迈克·罗斯或者这律所的任何人
showing up at my firm ever again.
再出现在我的律所
So what can I do for you?
所以要我帮你做什么
I was thinking about what you said
我在想你说的
about me not admitting things to myself
我不会跟自己承认真相的话
and I wanted to talk to you about it.
而我想聊聊
Why?
为什么
I wanted you to know the truth.
我想让你知道真相
And what exactly is the truth?
真相又是什么
Our relationship didn't end because of Mike.
我们分手不是因为迈克
It ended because I wasn't ready to confront
而是因为我没有准备好
what was wrong with me,
面对自己的问题
and I don't know if I'll ever be ready, but...
我不知道我是否能准备好,但...
I've been seeing someone, and I wanted to tell you about it.
我在见心理医生,我希望告诉你这事
And why does it matter that I know that?
我知不知道有什么价值呢
Because if I ever get out of this in one piece,
因为如果我能安然渡过这件事
I want to know if is okay to call you again.
我想知道能不能再联系你
Harvey, it's always okay to call me.
哈维,你永远都可以联系我
I've actually been going to therapy myself,
我自己其实也在见心理医生
and I don't know where I'll be
我也不知道整件事结束后
when this whole thing is over.
我会走到哪一步
But I do hope that you get out of this thing in one piece.
但我非常希望你能安然渡过
Excuse me.
打扰下
Hi, excuse me. I, uh
抱歉,我...
I'm not sure if you know who I am
我不确定您是不是认识我
I worked here for two months, Rachel.
我在这里工作过两个月,瑞秋
I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
I justI wanted to say that I know
我只是,想说我知道
that you got caught in the crossfire.
你被扯进了这场较量
And I know how that feels.
我知道那种感觉
And I just wanted to say I'm sorry.
我想说我很抱歉
Thank you. You're welcome.
谢谢你,没关系
Rachel.
瑞秋
Have you thought about what may happen when this is all over?
你有想过这一切结束后会怎么样吗
You mean if Mike goes to jail.
你是说如果迈克进了监狱
I mean even if he doesn't.
我是说就算他没进
What are you talking about?
什么意思
Even if he is acquitted, there is an excellent chance
就算他被判无罪,这也是个绝佳的机会
he will be thrown out of the bar
让他被撤销执照
and never be able to practice law again.
永远无法执业
It wouldn't matter, because Mike is prepared
那不重要,因为迈克已经准备好
to never practice law again anyway.
永远不再执业了
And sometimes people think they're prepared
有时人觉得自己准备好了
and they're not.
但其实他们没有
I don't understand.
我不懂
Rachel, Mike is going to have to watch you do
瑞秋,迈克得看着你去做
what he dreams of doing,
他梦想的工作
and if he's anything like Harvey,
如果他跟哈维有一点相像的话
he probably thinks he can do it better than you.
他可能会觉得他能比你做得好
And there is a possibility
那就有可能
that he might resent you for it.
他会为此怨恨你
I appreciate the advise.
我感谢你的建议
But Mike is not like that.
但迈克不是那样的人
Then I'm sorry I overstepped my bounds.
那我很抱歉我说话过界了
Louis.
路易
What are you doing here?
你在这里干嘛
We've been over this.
我们已经谈过了
There's nothing I can do
我没什么可做的
I'm not here about the associates.
我不是为了那个律师来的
I need you to take this.
我需要你收下这个
What's that? It's a ticket to Argentina.
那是什么,这是去阿根廷的机票
I need you to go there until the trial is over.
我需要你去那儿待到审判结束
And why would I do that?
我为什么要那么做
Because the prosecution has no power to subpoena you there.
因为你在那儿,传票就没效力了
Let me get this straight. You want me to flee the country,
我来说清楚,你想让我逃出国去
so you can protect yourself.
好让你保住你自己
I want you to flee the country so you can protect yourself.
我想让你逃出国去,保护你自己
Louis Sheila, you take that stand
路易, 希拉,你去出庭作证
and you're gonna say things that hurt us,
就会说出伤害我们的话
which means Harvey is going to say things that hurt you
就意味着哈维会说伤害你的话
and I will not be able to handle that.
而我没法承受那个
The truth isn't gonna hurt me, Louis.
事实不会伤害我,路易
Isn't it true, Ms. Sazs, that while you claim
赛斯女士,当你声名
no one had unauthorized access to the Harvard file room,
没人能在未授权状态下进入哈佛档案室
there were times you were derelict in your duties?
你是否犯了失职之错
I've never been derelict in my life.
我一生从未失职
Then how does that explain the fact that there's a man
那怎么解释就在庭上
in this courtroom that had unauthorized access
就有一名未被授权
to that very room?
却曾进入的人呢
Louis, please. Was it because you had
路易,拜托,是因为你跟那人
a relationship with that man?
有过一段感情吗
A relationship that ultimately failed?
一段最终未能成正果的感情
That's not relevant?
那跟... 案情无关吗
It's more than goddamn relevant!
关系大了
Because when he broke up with you,
因为他跟你分手时
you started this vicious rumor to get back at him.
你开始散布这恶毒的流言来攻击他
That's a lie. Those are all lies.
那是谎话,都是谎言
It is a lie that you had sex with that man,
你跟他发生性关系
and left him alone in the supposedly
还把他一个人留在
impenetrable Harvard file room?
本应不许进入的哈佛档案室,也是谎言吗
Louis, this could cost me my job.
路易,这会让我丢掉工作
Goddamn it! Harvey is not gonna care.
该死,哈维根本不在乎
No.
不
It's not a lie.
那不是谎话
And if you did that with him...
如果你让他进去了
why should we believe
我们为什么要相信
you didn't do that with others?
你不会让别人进去
I'm sorry.
对不起
Sheila, I'm only trying to protect you.
希拉,我只是想保护你
If you really wanted to protect me,
如果你真想保护我
you wouldn't tell Harvey those things in the first place.
一开始就不会告诉哈维这些事
He's gonna want me to tell him.
他会希望我告诉他
Anything I know that would help.
任何我知道的能帮上他忙的事
You asked me to not make you lie.
你让我不要逼你说谎
Please, don't ask me to lie to him.
那求你,不要逼我对他说谎
Okay, louis.
好,路易
I'll go.
我走
What are you still doing here?
你还在这里干什么
We've still got a trial coming up.
我们还有个审判呢
I'm gonna make any headway on my defense,
我要做好全面的辩护准备
I need to get going.
我得走了
Your defense?
你要辩护
Yes.
是的
My defense.
我来辩护
Are you saying what I think you're saying?
你是在说我觉得你在说的话吗
Because there's an expression about that.
因为对这事一直有个评价
It says, "If you're thinking it, you're a fool."
就是"你要那么想,那你就是蠢货"
You heard her. She said,
你听到了,她说的
"The fact is that I'm not a goddamn lawyer."
"事实就是我不是律师"
Well, the only way to change that fact is for a jury
那唯一改变那个事实的办法就是
to see me being a goddamn lawyer.
让陪审团看到我是个律师
You try that, all they're gonna see
你要那么做,他们看到的就只是
is someone going to prison.
要进监狱的某人
That's bullshit. I can handle her.
那是胡话,我能搞定她
You've never even gone through
你都没参与过
a criminal trial before.
刑事审判
Oh, yeah, and when was the last time you did?
是的,那你上次参与是什么时候
How many years ago was it?
几年前了
I don't believe it. You think you're better than me?
难以置信,你觉得你能比我强
This isn't about who's better.
跟谁强没关系
It's about who's better for this case.
重点是谁对这案子更有利
And my life is on the line.
是我命悬一线
If I go down because of my call, I can take it.
如果我因为自己的行为栽了,那我认栽
If I go down because of yours, I can't.
如果是你让我栽了,我没法认
This isn't just your life. This is all of ours.
这不光是你的命,是我们所有人的
Well, like I said,
那就像我说的
it's my call and I'm making it.
这是我的事,我要处理它
I'm sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰你们
This isn't over.
这事还没完
I just finished going through discovery
我刚看了一遍调查证据
and we have a problem.
我们有麻烦了
What is it?
什么麻烦
They found Trevor.
他们找到了特雷弗,离线缓存收藏