What do you mean you can't take the case?
什么叫你不能接这个案子
Jessica won't lay out the money for the manhours.
杰西卡不会为工时花钱
One of the victims was my uncle Keith.
我叔叔基思也是受害者之一
Please. These people need your help.
求你了,这些人需要你的帮助
I didn't come forward. They found me.
我没有主动站出来,是他们找到我的
And I'm not pulling any associate shit.
而且新人的事也不是我搞的
Then what do you call
那你怎么解释这份
this pathetic excuse of a candidates list?
候选人名单
I call it inevitable, because our students can read.
我觉得这是自然而然的,因为我们的学生识字
Our future is slipping away, and offering Jack
我们的未来要溜走了,而给杰克命名合伙人地位
name partner or praying to god that Harvey
或是跟上帝祈祷哈维
just gets Mike off the hook
能把迈克的案子摆平
Isn't gonna stop it from happening.
都没法阻止这事发生
And you make sure sheila doesn't show up to that trial.
你现在就滚去哈佛,确保希拉不会出现在庭审上
It's a ticket to Argentina.
这是去阿根廷的机票
I need you to go there until the trial's over.
我需要你去那儿待到审判结束
Court's not about bullshit like this; it's about facts.
法庭不听这些废话,那里讲事实
And the fact is, you're not a goddamn lawyer.
事实是,你不是律师
Are you saying what I think you're saying?
你是在说我觉得你在说的话吗
Because if you're thinking it, you're a fool.
你要那么想,那你就是蠢货
You heard her.
你听到了
She said "the fact is, is that I'm not a goddamn lawyer".
她说"事实就是我不是律师"
Well, the only way to change that fact
那唯一改变那个事实的办法就是
is for a jury to see me be a goddamn lawyer.
让陪审团看到我是个律师
You try that, all they're gonna see
你要那么做,他们看到的就只是
is someone going to prison.
该进监狱的某人
It's my call, and I'm making it.
这是我的决定,我要做
We have a problem. They found Trevor.
我们有麻烦了,他们找到了特雷弗
Please raise your right hand.
请举起你的右手
Do you swear to tell the truth,
你愿意发誓
the whole truth,
所言句句属实
and nothing but the truth,
毫不欺瞒
so help you God?
上帝为证吗
I do.
我愿意
You may be seated.
你可以坐下了
Mr. Evans, how long have you known Mr. Ross?
埃文斯先生,你认识罗斯先生多久了
Since we were kids. Almost 20 years.
我们从小就认识,快二十年了
So you were close to him?
那你们很亲近吧
Yeah, he was my best friend.
对,他曾是我最好的朋友
Are you still close to him?
你现在还跟他很亲近吗
Well, I doubt we will be after this.
我想在这之后就不会了
After what?
在什么之后
After you ask me about the series of events
在你问我一系列
that have led us all to be here today.
我们今天为之而来的问题之后
Well, we'll get to your history in a minute,
我们等一下再聊你们之间的历史
But first, I want to ask you a question about current events.
但首先,我想问你一个关于近期事件的问题
Did Mike Ross approach you three days ago
迈克·罗斯有没有在三天前找到你
in an attempt to get you not to testify against him?
企图让你不要上庭指证他
Yes, he did.
是的,他来找过我
How exactly did that conversation go?
那次对话具体是如何进行的
What are you doing here? You know exactly what I'm doing here.
你在这里干嘛,你知道我在这里干嘛
You said you would not testify.
你说过你不会出庭作证的
Yeah, well, that was before Anita Gibbs dragged me in
对,但那是在安妮塔·吉布斯把我抓走
and told me she was gonna put me away for ten years.
告诉我她要把我关十年之前
I don't give a shit what she told you.
我不在乎她跟你说了什么
You said you were gonna call a lawyer.
你说过你会叫律师的
Yeah, well, before I had a chance to do that,
对,但我还没机会叫
they showed me what they had,
他们给我看了他们手上的东西
which is names, dates, witnesses, and everything else
那是名字,日期,证人,以及所有
they need to put me away for as long as they want.
他们需要能把我爱关多久就关多久的东西
Wait, wait, how would they have
等等,等等,他们怎么会有
You think I want to do this?
你以为我愿意这么做吗
I don't.
我不想的
But I cannot risk prison for you.
但是我不能为了你冒坐牢的风险
And I am telling you that whatever they have,
我向你保证,无论他们掌握了什么
Harvey can get you out of this.
哈维都可以为你脱罪的
And from what she told me,
吉布斯也跟我说了
Gibbs can get you out of this.
她可以让你脱罪
She offered you a deal that can make this whole thing stop.
她愿意跟你交易,可以让这一切结束
Now, instead of telling me not to testify against you,
现在,与其让我不要出庭指证你
why don't you think about testifying against Harvey?
你为什么不考虑一下指证哈维呢
Because unlike you, I would never do that to a friend!
因为我不像你,我绝不会背叛朋友
Yeah, well, unlike you, when they put me away,
对,但我跟你不一样的是
I'm not going to a whitecollar prison.
他们可不会把我关进白领监狱
So if I don't rip you to shreds up there on the stand,
所以如果我不出庭作证毁了你
they're gonna rip me to shreds behind bars.
他们就会在监狱里毁了我
Harvey, it's late. I've had a long day.
哈维,很晚了,我今天很累
So if you don't mind...
所以如果你不介意的话
We have a problem.
我们有麻烦了
What now? My condo's on fire?
又怎么了,我家着火了吗
Mike wants to represent himself.
迈克想为自己辩护
Is he crazy? He can't do that.
他疯了吗,他不能那样做
That's what I tried to tell him.
我也尝试过告诉他这个
You don't try; you just tell him.
你不该尝试,你应该直接命令他
Yeah, the only problem with that is,
对,但唯一的问题在于
he knows it's his decision.
他知道这是他自己要做的决定
not to mention, the only thing that's stopping him
更别提他没有去找吉布斯
from going to Gibbs and pointing his finger
指证你或者我的唯一原因
at you or me is his loyalty to us.
就是他对我们的忠诚
So that's it?
那就这么算了吗
He's representing himself?
就让他为自己辩护
I'm not saying that.
我没有这么说
Then what exactly are you saying?
那你到底想说什么
I'm saying I have a plan,
我是说我有个计划
but I need you to sign off on it.
但我需要你的同意
Oh, whatever it is, I'm in.
不管是什么计划,我都同意
Because if that kid handles his own defense,
因为如果那孩子为自己辩护
you and I are going to be the next ones on trial.
那接下来就是你和我上庭受审了
If you're here to find out if Trevor's testifying, he is.
如果你来是想知道特雷弗会不会作证,他会
I can handle Trevor.
我可以搞定特雷弗
Harvey, we've been over this.
哈维,我们谈过这个了
And I said we're not done being over it.
我也说过我不会善罢甘休的
Listen to me, I know that foolforaclient bullshit.
我知道老话说为自己辩护的律师都是傻瓜
But the thing I'm being accused of is not being a lawyer.
但现在他们指控说我不是个律师
So if I represent myself, every second I'm up there,
所以如果我为自己辩护,那我在庭上的
they're gonna see me as a lawyer.
每一秒,他们都会看到我是个律师
And if she rattles you for one of those goddamn seconds,
但如果她在其中任何一刻打乱你的阵脚
they're gonna see you as a fraud, and they're never
他们就会认为你是个骗子
gonna see you as anything else.
并且再也不会看到你的其他方面
Okay.
好了
I got it. You said your piece.
我知道了,你表达了你的意见
It's my call. I'm done talking about it.
这是我的决定,我不想再讨论了
Then we'll do a trial run to get you ready.
那我们就进行一次模拟庭审来帮你做准备
Are you crazy?
你疯了吗
You want to waste my time, not to mention
你想浪费我的时间,更别说
air our dirty laundry, in front of the whole firm?
把我们的丑事,向整个公司直播
Mike, in a week and a half, our dirty laundry is gonna be
迈克,十天之内,我们的丑事
aired in front of the whole world.
将向全世界直播
And Gibbs is gonna come at you in ways
而且吉布斯会用
you've never even thought about.
你意想不到的方式来对付你
Oh, so I get it. You don't want a trial run to get me ready;
我明白了,你不是用模拟庭审来帮我准备
you want a trial run to show me that I'm outmatched.
你想用模拟庭审来证明我不是她的对手
You are outmatched by me and Gibbs,
你不是我和吉布斯的对手
And you're afraid to find out.
而你害怕承认这个事实
I'm not afraid of Gibbs, and I am not afraid of you.
我不怕吉布斯,我也不怕你
Then you won't mind agreeing, if I beat you,
那你就不会介意,如果我赢了你
you let me represent you in court.
你就让我上庭为你辩护
Okay, Harvey, you want to go?
好,哈维,你想来一场
Let's go.
那我们就来一场
But you better bring your A game.
不过你最好使出浑身解数
Because you might be the best closer in the city,
因为可能你的确是城里最好的律师
But I'm the one fighting for my life.
但我是背水一战
Thank you.
谢谢
There he is.
找到你了
Harold.
哈罗德
What are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
I know what's going on, okay?
我知道发生了什么事,好吗
I know about the trial coming up.
我知道你要面临的庭审
Then you know I'm pretty busy right now.
那你肯定知道我现在很忙
Right, which is why I wanted to talk to you.
对,这也是我找你的原因
Listen, you're gonna need someone to testify
听着,你会需要有人为你作证
that you went to Harvard.
证明你念过哈佛
I want to be that guy.
我想为你作证
Harold, that's an amazing offer, bu
t哈罗德,你的提议很棒,但是
Mike, come on, man.
迈克,拜托,伙计
We both know that you didn't go to Harvard.
我们都知道你没有念过哈佛
But honestly, if anyone would have asked me up until this point,
但说实话,如果任何人问过我
I would have sworn that you did.
我都会发誓说你念过
I would have sworn that I saw you
我会发誓我看到你出现在
at thatthat party with Gilcrest
在吉尔克斯的派对上
or those pizza nights at Pinocchio's
或在匹诺曹餐厅吃披萨
or pretty much any other memory I have of that time,
或者在任何一段我当时的记忆里
which means, if they put me up there on that stand,
也就是说,如果他们让我出庭作证
I'd basically be telling the truth.
我基本上是在说实话
I can't tell you how much that means to me, Harold, but...
我无法形容这对我多重要,哈罗德,但
Mike, I want to do this for you, please.
迈克,我想为你这么做,拜托了
I know you do.
我知道你想
But I got myself into this mess,
但是我把自己弄到这步田地
and I got to get myself out of it.
我得靠自己爬起来
Okay.
好吧
But listen, if you change your mind,
但是,如果你改变主意
you know where to find me.
你知道应该去哪找我
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
陪审团的女士们先生们
you're gonna be hearing a lot of things
你们将在接下来几天
over the next several days,
听到很多东西
but the truth is, this case is about
但事实上,这个案子
nothing more than cold, hard
讲的只有确凿的,无法动摇的
Innuendo.
捕风捉影
And the fact is, I'm capable of reciting every element
而事实是,我可以背诵
of jurisprudence in the State of New York.
纽约州所有的法理学要素
and yet despite that, the prosecution is gonna
尽管如此,控方将会
try to convince you that I am a
企图让你们相信我是个
fraud, who not only didn't pass the bar or go
骗子,一个没有通过律师考试,也没读过
to law school, he didn't even graduate college.
法学院的人,他连大学都没毕业
There isn't one piece of hard evidence
没有任何确凿的证据
proving that I didn't go to Harvard Law.
能证明我没有读过哈佛法学院
There's no record of tuition being paid.
没有交学费的记录
No record of a Boston address.
没有波士顿地址的记录
There isn't even a simple picture in the yearbook.
年册里甚至没有一张你的照片
Let's talk about the yearbook.
那我们就来聊聊年册
As he told you, I'm not in the yearbook.
就像他说的,我没有出现在年册中
Where is Mike Ross?
迈克·罗斯在哪里
Though what he didn't tell you is that
但他没有告诉你们的是
25 other students are also not in this yearbook.
还有25个人也没有出现在年册中
Are those other students being charged with fraud?
那些人有以诈骗罪名被起诉吗
Of course not, because we don't put people on trial
当然没有,因为我们不会因为
for being sick on picture day, and no matter
照相日请病假而被起诉,不论
what he says, the fact is, Mike Ross is not a lawyer.
他怎么说,事实是,迈克·罗斯不是律师
He's a fraud.
他是个诈骗犯
And we will prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
我们会用很多的疑点来证明这件事
The defense would like to call its first witness.
辩方想传唤第一位证人
Right there he's such a nonlawyer,
你们看,他多不像个律师
he doesn't even know the prosecution goes first.
他甚至不知道应该是检方先传唤证人
And you obviously don't know
那你显然也不知道
Jarvis V. the State of New York, 1937,
1937年纽约州的贾维斯·V案
when calling of the first witness
传唤第一位证人,一旦开始
is of such special nature as to disrupt
就会在本质上影响到
the flow of the trial once it's started.
庭审的连贯性
What the hell special nature are you talking about?
你说的什么本质上
When the defense wants to call the prosecutor
当辩方的第一位证人
as its first witness.
就是该案的检察官时
Harvey, unless you have something to overturn this,
哈维,除非你有其他理由推翻这个请求
I'm gonna need you to have a seat.
不然请就坐吧
Mr. Specter, you said there's no record of me
斯佩克特先生,你说我没有
ever having an apartment in Boston.
在波士顿拥有公寓的证明
Can you explain to the jury why there's no record
那你能解释一下为什么
of you ever having lived there?
你没有住在那里的证明吗
I'm not the one on trial here.
又不是我受审
No, you're not.
确实不是你
You're the one in that chair,
但你坐在证人席上
so why don't you answer the question,
还是要请你回答我的问题
or we can stop this whole thing right now.
或者我们就此停止吧
There's no record of me living there
我没有住在那里的证明是因为
because I sublet up there when I had my place down here.
我在这里有住所所以在那里是转租的
So it is possible
所以某个人
that a person not have a Boston address
没有波士顿的住址
without it meaning that they didn't attend Harvard.
也不一定意味着他没有在哈佛学习
Great. Thank you so much.
非常好,谢谢你
This witness is excused.
我问完了
And what, exactly, is your reason
那你在那里没有住址
for not having an address up there?
又是什么原因呢
Unless you're too afraid to answer my questions.
除非你不敢回答我的问题
No, I'm not afraid of you at all.
不,我一点也不害怕
My reason is that I chose to live with my friend
我的原因是我选择和我的朋友
Trevor during that time.
特雷弗住在一起
The only problem with that is,
这个说法的唯一问题是
your friend Trevor has lived in Brooklyn his entire life.
你的朋友特雷弗这辈子都住在布鲁克林区
Exactly a 3 hour and 20 minute drive from Harvard.
开车三个小时二十分就可以到哈佛
So you're saying you made that drive every day?
所以你每天都那样开车往返吗
No, I only went up for tests
不,我只去参加考试
because that's all I had to do.
因为那样就够了
I guess you needed some extra tutoring, huh?
看来你还需要一些额外的教导吧
You expect these people to believe that you graduated
你期望这些人相信你可以
from the most competitive law school in the world
一次课都不上还能从全球竞争
without ever going to class?
最激烈的法学院毕业
See, that's funny, because you actually
你看这多可笑,因为你竟然
expect these people to believe
期待这些人相信
that I never went to law school at all
我从来没有读过法学院
and yet still somehow managed to convince
但竟然能用某种方法
the smartest lawyers in the world
说服全世界最顶尖的一些律师
to make me their youngest partner ever.
让我当上了他们最年轻的合伙人
Whose story is looking more farfetched now?
现在谁的说法看起来更不可信呢
Oh, no answer? Great.
不回答,很好
No more questions, Your Honor.
我没有问题了,法官大人
I don't know if you've noticed this or not,
我不知道你有没有注意到
but he's kicking your ass.
但他把你打得屁滚尿流
And I'm about to kick back.
那我就准备回击了
Are you two discussing something
你们两个在商量什么
that defense should be made aware of?
辩方需要知晓的内容吗
Just talking about the Knicks.
就是讨论一下体育问题
Now is the prosecution ready to call their first witness?
检方准备好传唤第一位证人了吗
The prosecution's first witness is this affidavit
检方的第一位证人是这份
from every single member of the defendant's
来自辩方理论上应在班级每位成员的
supposed graduating class.
一份誓词
Objection, your honor. I haven't seen that.
反对,法官大人,我没有看过这份材料
Well, then let me read it to you.
那我念给你听
"We collectively come forward to swear
我们一起站出来承诺
the following regarding Michael James Ross:
以下关于迈克尔·詹姆斯·罗斯的信息
We never saw him. We never knew him.
我们从没见过他,也不认识他
We never heard of him.
从没听说过他
And it makes us sick that he's taking the good name
对于他置哈佛法学院的名声于不顾的行为
of Harvard Law School and throwing it down the toilet.
我们也感到异常反感
Please find him guilty on all counts."
请对所有指控判定有罪
Your honor, I move to strike that document right now.
法官大人,我请求对这份文件立即予以废止
On what grounds?
你的理由是什么
On the grounds that it's completely fabricated.
理由是这是一份伪造的文件
Where's your proof?
你的证据呢
Besides the fact that I actually went to Harvard,
我们先不谈我确实在哈佛就读过这个事实
there's no way you could have contacted
你根本不可能从昨晚到现在
all of those people since last night.
联系到全部的人
Then I suggest you call every one of these people
那我建议你联系他们所有人
and put them on the stand.
让他们来出庭作证
But when you do, every single one of them is gonna
但当你那么做的时候,他们每个人
look you in the eye and say, "Who the hell are you?"
都会看着你的眼睛说,你到底是谁
What? No snappy comeback?
怎么了,怎么不出声了
You can try to trick these people all you want.
你可以尽你所能愚弄这些人
But the fact is, you didn't go to Harvard,
但事实就是你没有读过哈佛
and this proves it.
这也证明了这件事
Objection. He's testifying.
反对,他在作证
What I'm doing is winning.
我只是在赢而已
All right, that's enough.
好了,够了
I think this is a good time to take a break.
我认为我们该休息一下了
Louis Litt.
路易·利特
I'm Anita Gibbs.
我是安妮塔·吉布斯
Yeah, I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
Question is, what are you doing here?
问题是你在这里干什么
And the answer is, I don't give a shit.
答案是,你说什么我也不在乎
I came here to compliment you
我是来夸奖你
on getting rid of Sheila Sazs.
摆脱希拉·赛斯的方式的
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Really? You think I don't know what's going on here?
真的吗,你以为我不知道发生了什么吗
You two were in a relationship, and when you found out
你们两个曾经交往过,但当你发现
that it was her that wrote that email,
是她写的那封邮件时
you went up to Cambridge and convinced her to go to
你去了剑桥说服她
Argentina for the duration of the trial.
在庭审期间去了阿根廷
You're out of your mind.
你简直是疯了
Am I?
是吗
You flew to Boston three times in the last two weeks.
你过去两周飞去波士顿三次
You took two cabs to her house
你搭车去过两次她家
and another to within 100 feet of the admissions office.
还有一次离招生办公室100英尺都不到
You have no proof of anything.
你没有任何证据
I don't need proof.
我不需要证据
Because while she may be in Argentina now,
因为尽管她现在在阿根廷
she's not gonna stay there forever,
但她不会永远呆在那里
which means when she gets back,
也就是说等她回来的时候
I get you for witness tampering.
我就能证明你在骚扰证人
Do me a favor and leave me the hell alone.
拜托你离我远点
I will.
我会的
For now.
暂时而已
But if she's not back by the start of trial,
如果她在庭审前没有回来
I'm gonna assume that you want to be brought up on charges.
我会认为你想被起诉
You son of a bitch. This isn't real.
你这个混蛋,这不是真的
I don't give a shit whether it's real or not.
我不在乎那是不是真的
You think Gibbs isn't gonna do things like that?
你认为吉布斯不会那么做吗
She is not gonna enter false evidence, and you know it.
但她不会作伪证的你也知道
But she is gonna set up traps for you
但她会为你设下陷阱
to bungle into like I just did.
就像我刚才那样
This is such bullshit.
那是胡说八道
You are just pissed because I was kicking your ass
你生气是因为你输得很惨
so now you're cheating.
然后你就想作弊
Me?
我
You're the one who testified in your
是你抓住一切机会
opening statement and every chance you get.
进行公开陈述
Because that's exactly what me being my own lawyer gives us.
因为那是为自己辩护所必须的结果
I don't care.
我不在乎
If I represent you and it turns out that you need to testify,
假如我代理你,结果你得作证
we can call you up to the stand.
我们就可以传唤你上证人席
And if we do that,
假如我们那样做了
then Gibbs gets to crossexamine me
那吉布斯就可以盘问我
and make me look like a liar.
并且让我看起来像个骗子
Well, I don't know if you've noticed,
我不知道你注意到没有
but you're looking like a liar right now.
但你如今看起来就像个骗子了
And I'm trying to keep you from looking like a fool.
而我在试图让你看起来不像个傻瓜
You know what? I'm getting pretty tired of you using that word with me.
知道吗,我有点烦你不断喊我傻瓜了
Too bad, because for all your bullshit up there,
太糟糕了,因为尽管你说了那一大通话
you still can't produce one person who remembers you from Harvard.
你仍然无法提供一个记得你上过哈佛的人
So if you want to have a chance at representing yourself,
所以假如你想有机会代理你自己
get out of my face and go work on your defense
那就快从我面前滚开,去想你的辩护词
'cause I got a lot more where that came from.
因为我的后招还有很多
What can I do for you, Louis?
有什么我能为你效劳,路易
Gibbs knows what I did. What?
吉布斯知道我的所作所为了,什么
She knows I got Sheila out of the country.
她知道我让希拉出了国
She was waiting for me this morning,
她今早在那等着我
and she threatened to bring charges against me.
并且威胁要起诉我
Did you admit that to her? No.
你承认了吗,没有
Then she's not gonna charge you with anything.
那她就无法起诉你任何事
Did you hear what I just said?
你听见我刚刚说的了吗
She knows I went to Sheila's place
她知道了我在希拉去阿根廷的那晚
the same night she went to Argentina.
去了她家
And what does that prove?
那又能证明什么
It proves that I knowingly
这证明了我有意
bought a witness a ticket out of the country
在一场调查正在进行中时
in the middle of an ongoing investigation.
给一名证人买了张出国机票
All it proves is, you rewarded a Harvard employee
那一切只能证明,你奖励了一位
who's been steering lawyers towards this firm
在过去十年中一直向这家律所输送律师的
for the last ten years.
哈佛职员
Okay, Jessica, Gibbs can easily go down to Argentina
杰西卡,吉布斯可以轻易到阿根廷去
and ask Sheila
然后问希拉
Louis, listen to yourself.
路易,听听你自己说的话
She's not going to do that.
她不会那样做的
And even if she did,
而且就算她那样做了
it's not witness tampering
在证人没有被传唤的情况下
if a subpoena was never issued.
那也不算干扰证人
Then Gibbs is gonna say that I had knowledge
那吉布斯就会说我知道
of an impending subpoena; therefore it is tampering.
有张即将到来的传票,因此就是干扰
You know what, Louis?
你知道吗,路易
I don't give a shit what Gibbs says.
我一点都不在乎吉布斯怎么说
Where are you going?
你要去哪里
Give that woman a taste of her own goddamn medicine.
让那个女人自食她所造的苦果
Where the hell are you going?
你要去哪里
We've got Mike on the ropes;
我们套住迈克了
we have to put him away.
我们得让他别插手这事
Sorry, Harvey.
抱歉,哈维
Something more pressing just came up.
刚刚出现了件更紧急的事
What the hell could be more pressing than this?
还能有什么比这更紧急
You worry about your shit, and I'll worry about mine.
你操心你自己的事,让我自己操心我的
Oh, I've got my shit taken care of.
我已经把我的事搞定了
Well, maybe you do, and maybe you don't.
也许你搞定了,也许你没搞定
But what I've learned from recent history is,
反正我近来学到的是
if you really were Anita Gibbs,
假如你真的是安妮塔·吉布斯
no matter what you had planned,
不管你计划了什么
you'd be planning something else.
你其实都是另有打算
Donna, please, not right now.
唐娜,拜托,现在不是时候
I'm so busy.
我忙死了
That's fine.
没关系
I just came by to let you know that
我只是过来告诉你一声
Jessica had to go out,
杰西卡得出趟门
so the trial is done for the rest of the day.
所以今天不继续举行模拟庭审了
And Harvey wasn't gonna tell me
而哈维不打算告诉我
because he's playing dirty.
因为他在玩阴的
He's not your enemy, Mike.
他不是你的敌人,迈克
He's just doing what he thinks is best.
他只是在做他认为最好的
Then I'm gonna do what I think is best.
那我要做我认为最好的
And what exactly is that?
具体是做什么到底
Look, Donna, he may not be my enemy,
听着,唐娜,他或许不是我的敌人
and you may not be my enemy,
你或许也不是我的敌人
but as long as we're in this trial run,
但只要我们在模拟庭审中
I'm not trusting you with anything.
我是绝对不会信任你的
That's my boy.
好孩子
Jessica Pearson,
杰西卡·皮尔逊
I wasn't aware we had an appointment today.
我不知道我们今天约了见面
We don't.
我们没约
I just stopped by to give you this restraining order,
我只是过来给你这个限制令
preventing you from contacting Louis Litt
阻止你在路易·利特的律师不在场的情况下
without his attorney present.
接触他
And let me guess his attorney is you.
让我猜猜...他的律师是你
Bingo.
猜对了
So unless you're going to arrest him,
所以除非你要逮捕他
you so much as text him without me present,
否则哪怕你只是发发短信,只要我不在场
and you're in violation of a court order.
你也是违反了法院命令
You're done driving a wedge between me and my people.
你休想再继续挑拨我和我的人了
We'll see how strong your bond is with your people
当我把你手下所有人一个个拉上证人席
when I parade every one of them on the stand
并直截了当地问他们
and ask them pointblank,
"你知道迈克·罗斯是个骗子吗"
"Did you know Mike Ross was a fraud?"
我们就能看到你和你的人联系是有多紧密了
You think we're gonna have different answers to that?
你觉得我们对那个问题会有不同的答案吗
No, I think you're all gonna take the Fifth.
不,我觉得你们都会引用第五修正案
And you're gonna tell yourselves it implies no guilt,
然后你们会自我安慰那样并不会显得心虚
but in the eyes of the jury,
但在陪审团的眼里
you might as well all just stand up there and say he did it.
你们可都相当于站在那里说出他的确有罪了
So you tell your client he's off the hook for now.
所以你告诉你的客户我暂时不会找他麻烦了
But the next time I talk to him,
但下次我再找他谈
it will be on the stand.
将会是他站在证人席上时
Hey, I got your message.
我收到你的信息了
So here I am.
所以我来了
But let me tell you something, Mike,
但我就直说了,迈克
if you're here to ask what I think you're gonna ask,
假如你的来意和我想象中的一样
gonna be a short conversation.
那我俩没啥好谈的
I need you to say you remember me from Harvard.
我需要你说你记得我上过哈佛
There's just one small problem, Mike.
只有一个小问题,迈克
I don't remember you.
我不记得你
'Cause you didn't go there, did you?
因为你没上过哈佛,不是吗
Look me in the eye and tell me that I'm wrong.
看着我的眼睛,告诉我我说错了
God damn you, Mike. II knew it.
该死的,迈克,我就知道
JimmyJimmy!
吉米,吉米
When we first started,
在我们刚开始工作时
you begged me to help you save your career.
你求我帮你保住你的饭碗
No, no, no, no, Mike. This is not the same thing.
不不不不,迈克,这两件事可不一样
II could have gotten you disbarred.
我本可以让你丢掉律师资格的
But it couldn't have got me sent to jail, and you know it.
但那不会让我进监狱,而你清楚这一点
I don't care! All right?
我不在乎
I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
Mike, you are asking me to perjure myself,
迈克,你在要求我作伪证
and I don't even know who you are.
而我甚至不了解你到底是个怎样的人
Yes, you do.
不,你了解
I am the same guy you came to when your aunt needed help.
我就是在你婶婶需要帮助时你求助的那个人
What? So I owe you for that too?
怎么,那次也算我欠你的吗
Yeah, you do.
没错
You and I both know if I get convicted,
你我都清楚假如我被定罪了
that settlement's gonna get reopened.
那个和解协议就会被重新审理
Then why the hell did you take it, Mike?
那你当时到底为什么要接受那个协议,迈克
Why?
为什么
Jimmy, I took a shortcut, man.
吉米,我当时走了捷径
Just like you took a shortcut once.
就和你曾经也走过捷径一样
Now, if I could take it all back, I would,
假如我能收回一切,我会的
but I can't.
但我做不到
And just like you begged me once,
就和你曾经求过我一样
I am coming to you and begging you right now.
我现在来找你,来求你
Please.
拜托了
Please help me.
求你帮帮我
No one in their right mind
没有一个脑子正常的人
would do what you're asking me to.
会答应你求我做的事
That's not true.
并非如此
Harold come to you? Mmhmm.
哈罗德去找你了吗,没错
But you know Harold
但你知道哈罗德
won't hold up on the stand and I would.
在证人席上是撑不住的,但我可以
Right?
是不是
Jimmy, I need you Michael.
吉米,我需要你... 迈克
Look, brother, I'm sorry.
听着,兄弟,我很抱歉
I really wish I could help,
我真的很希望自己能帮你
but I cannot risk going to prison for you.
但我不能为了你而冒着进监狱的风险
I can't.
我做不到
Hello?
喂
Louis, it's me.
路易,是我
Sheila, I explicitly told you,
希拉,我明确告诉过你
"Do not call me until after the trial is over."
"在打完官司前不要打电话给我"
We can't take any chances
我们不能冒任何险...
Someone approached me, Louis.
有人找到我了,路易
What do you mean someone approached you?
什么叫有人找到你了
At my hotel.
就在我住的酒店
I was in the lobby.
我当时在大堂
A man came up to me and started talking.
一个男人上来和我说话
He said he was from New York.
他说是从纽约来的
He wanted to know how long I'd been
想知道我计划去阿根廷旅行
planning a trip to Argentina.
有多久了
Then he asked how long I was planning on staying
还问我打算待多久
and, finally, did anyone pay
最后还问我
for my ticket to come down here?
是否有人出钱让我来这儿
Wwhat did you tell him?
那你是怎么回答他的
That it was none of his business.
我说那不关他的事
Good. That was smart.
很好,很聪明
You didn't show them that they got to you.
不能让他们觉得已经把你握在手心了
Louis, they did get to me.
路易,他们已经把我握在手心了
Listen to me.
听我说
They did not subpoena you, so you did nothing wrong.
他们没传唤你,所以你没做错什么
You just took a trip.
你只是旅个行而已
Now, if Gibbs can prove anyone did anything, it is me.
就算吉布斯能咬定谁做了什么,那也是我
And I will do anything to protect you, okay?
我会不惜一切保护你的
I'm sorry, Louis. I have to go.
对不起,路易,我得走了
I don't believe you.
难以置信
You're calling Rachel as your first witness?
你居然让瑞秋当第一个证人
I sure as hell am.
没错
Gibbs can't call Rachel. We took care of that.
吉布斯传唤不了瑞秋,我们已经搞定这个了
We took care of her going out of bounds
我们只让她没办法耍手段
to get Rachel to turn on you.
让瑞秋指认你
We didn't do anything to stop her calling Rachel
没让她不能传唤瑞秋
to the stand, and you know it.
出庭作证,你心里清楚
Fine, then I'm stipulating right now
那我现在郑重声明
Rachel's taking the fifth to any questions.
对所有问题,瑞秋都引用第五修正案
Oh, bullshit.
胡说
You know as well as I do,
我们都知道
she can't take the fifth to personal questions.
私人问题上她没办法引用第五修正案
So you're just gonna humiliate her
所以你为了吓唬我
so you can rattle me?
就要羞辱她吗
You're damn right I am.
你说对了
Gibbs is gonna do the exact same thing.
吉布斯也会做同样的事
She is not gonna do that to Rachel
她不会再陪审团面前
in front of a jury, because it will make her look like shit.
羞辱瑞秋,因为那会让她自贬身价
She doesn't care about that.
她可不关心自己的身价
No, you're the one that doesn't care about that.
不,不关心的人是你
'Cause this is no longer about what's best for my case;
因为这已经不是为我的案子着想了
It's because you don't want to lose to me.
你是单纯的不想输给我
I'm not going to lose to you.
我不会输给你
You know what, Harvey? I am
你知道吗,哈维,我...
That's enough.
别吵了
While you two have been having your pissing contest,
你们俩在这儿吵个没完的时候
I've been poring over discovery,
我一直在翻旧文件
and I came across the class rankings from Mike's first year.
我发现了迈克大一的班级排名
Don't tell me he's not on it.
别告诉我上面没有他
No, he's not. Doesn't make any sense.
确实没有,这说不通
Yes, it does.
说得通
Lola must not have covered all the bases.
罗拉没改完所有文件
Then we need to get her to cover all the bases.
那我们得让她都改完
Are you out of your mind?
你疯了吗
You go to Lola, you lead Gibbs right to her,
你去找罗拉,就把吉布斯引过去了
and this thing is over before it even gets started.
这件事还没来得及开始就会结束
Okay, then we get Benjamin to do it.
那我们让本杰明改
We are not letting another person in on your secret.
不能再让别人知道你的秘密了
Well, then what do you suggest we do?
那你觉得我们该怎么办
What we were gonna do with every other piece
我们要搞定所有让我们
of evidence that makes us look like shit.
看起来有罪的证据
We find a way to make it look like shit.
让那些证据不堪一击
There is no way that Harvard accidentally forgets
哈佛不可能碰巧忘了
to put a student on this list.
给一个学生排名
I say we go to Benjamin.
要我说就去找本杰明
And I say I'll lock you in a room
你要是再提这个
until this trial starts if you say that again.
我就把你锁进小黑屋直到开庭
Then I guess whoever wins makes the call.
看来只能胜者做决定了
You go to Benjamin behind my back before we're done,
要是还没分出胜负你就背着我去找本杰明
and you going to prison is gonna be
坐牢都算
the least of your problems.
便宜你了
Mike, you like you've been through the wringer.
迈克,你怎么像被痛扁了一顿似的
I have to ask you a question, and...
我得问你个问题
I want you to tell me the truth.
希望你诚实回答我
Well, of course.
你问吧
Do you really think I should be the one up there
你觉得我是该自己为自己辩护
fighting for my life, or do you think Harvey should be?
还是让哈维为我辩护
I think that...
我觉得
You're the best person to make that call,
只有你能做这个决定
And that whatever you decide, I'm with you 100%.
无论你怎么决定,我都完全支持
Well, then I need to ask Benjamin to do something for us,
那我得拜托本杰明为我们做件事
and Harvey is really not gonna like it.
哈维肯定相当不满
Whatever it is, if you think we need to do it,
不管什么事,只要你认为有必要
I'm with you.
我就支持你
It's done?
已经搞定了
Yes.
是的
It won't hold up forever, but it will hold up for now.
管不了一世,但顶得了一时
Thank you, Benjamin. I
谢谢,本杰明
I didn't expect it for a couple of hours.
我没想到这么快
II haven't had a chance to get you any bacon.
都没来得及给你弄点吃的
That's quite all right, Michael.
没关系,迈克尔
This one is on the house.
这次算我请你
You know, you never asked if what
你从没问过我
they're saying about me is true.
那些流言是不是真的
I didn't need to.
用不着问
I knew it was true the second I heard it.
我一听就知道是真的
I don't understand.
我不明白
All these kids who went to Harvard,
念过哈佛的那些孩子
They never gave me the time of day.
他们从不拿出时间找我
All they cared about was letting me know
他们只想让我知道
where they went to school and I didn't.
他们念过而我每念过的大学
You've never done that to me.
你从没这么对我
Not one time.
一次都没有
II don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
Say that when you're done and you've beaten this thing,
就说等你搞定这件事之后
You won't start acting like some asshole who went to harvard.
你不会开始像那些念过哈佛的人一样混蛋
Well, I mean, can't really promise you that, Benjamin.
这个真没法保证,本杰明
I'll have gone to Harvard.
我就要念过哈佛了
That's not funny, Michael.
一点不好笑,迈克尔
Is the prosecution ready to call its next witness?
检方准备好传唤下一位证人了吗
Prosecution calls Rachel Zane.
检方传唤瑞秋·赞恩
Objection.
反对
Your Honor, the witness cannot object to testifying
法官大人,证人不能因为要引用第五修正案
simply because she intends to take the fifth.
就随便拒绝作证
The witness doesn't have to testify because she's my wife.
证人不需要作证是因为她是我的妻子
What?
什么
I have a marriage certificate here
我这里有份内华达州的
from the state of Nevada showing that
结婚证明能表明
the witness and I were married in Las Vegas
证人和我在交往六周后
six weeks after we started dating.
就在拉斯维加斯结婚了
Both of you up here, now.
你们俩都过来
Where the hell did you get that?
你到底从哪儿弄来的证明
What do you mean?
什么意思
You didn't marry her, and you know it.
你明知道你没娶她
Then why do I have everything I need proving I did?
那我怎么会有娶了她的证明
Because you did some bullshit to get out of this.
因为你耍了手段
Oh, look who's crying about it now.
看看谁要哭了
Keep your voices down.
你们都小点声
You think this is a joke?
你当这是玩笑吗
You try this in court,
你要是在法庭上用这招
Gibbs is gonna prove you're not married,
吉布斯会证明你没结婚
and Rachel's gonna go to jail for perjury.
瑞秋就要因伪造罪坐牢了
He's right; you better know what the hell you're doing.
他说的没错,你最好清楚自己在做什么
Who said that I was gonna use this in the real trial?
谁说我要在真正的法庭上用这个了
I get it. This is a fake, just like you.
我懂了,这是假的,就像你一样
I said keep your goddamn voice down.
我让你小点声
This is as real as that affidavit was, okay?
这份证明和那份证词一样真
Now, you wanted to rattle me; I've rattled you.
你想打败我,我现在已经打败你了
What are you gonna do about it?
你能怎么办
Prosecution calls Rachel Zane to the stand.
检方传唤瑞秋·赞恩作证
Objection. We just went over this.
反对,我们刚已经说清楚了
When spousal privilege is invoked in the moment,
当涉及配偶特权时
prosecution has the right to challenge
检方有权挑战
the validity of the marriage.
这段婚姻的真实性
This is ridiculous. Objection overruled.
这真是荒唐,反对无效
Ms. Zane, take the stand.
赞恩小姐,请出庭作证
We can skip swearing her in
我们可以跳过让她宣誓那部分
since she's just gonna lie about it, anyway.
反正她也不会说真话
Objection!
反对
Ms. Zane, if you got married six weeks after dating the defendant,
赞恩小姐,若你和被告在约会六周后就结婚了
why are you engaged to him right now?
为什么现在又和他订婚了呢
Because we did it on a whim.
那时候只是一时兴起
And we had planned to have an annulment,
而且我们也打算要撤销的
but once we fell more in love, we thought that it
但后来我们越来越相爱,我们觉得
might be wonderful to reveal it to our families
或许等再结婚了再告诉家人们
after we were married again.
也是个不错的主意
And how, exactly, did it go
那你们第一次结婚的时候
when you got married the first time?
具体是个什么情形呢
We were in Las Vegas
我们当时是在拉斯维加斯
Yeah, yeah, I don't give a shit where you were.
我没兴趣知道你们在哪里
What color was your dress? What color was the cake?
你的婚纱是什么颜色的,蛋糕又是什么颜色的
Objection. Who was there?
反对,当时有谁在场
Were there any witnesses? Your Honor, he's badgering
有任何证人吗,法官大人,他骚扰证人
Who were the witnesses? And what goddamn time was it?
都有谁看到了,而且具体是几点
Your honor, get him off of her!
法官大人,让他下来
Harvey... Tell me right now.
哈维, 现在就告诉我
Let the witness answer.
让证人先回答
The dress was white.
婚纱是白色的
And the cake was vanilla with a buttercream frosting.
蛋糕是香草味的,上面撒着奶油糖霜
It was a small ceremony at around 10:00 p.m.
典礼很小,大概在晚上10点左右
And I remember the man who married us
我还记得那个为我们证婚的人
like it was yesterday
一切都如昨日般清晰
because it was the most special day of my life.
因为那是我一生中最特别的一天
And when you came up with this story,
那当你编这个故事的时候
did Mr. Ross at least give you the courtesy of
罗斯先生有没有至少给你自由发挥的权利
letting you make up your own memories of your supposedly sacred day?
让你自己编你那所谓的神圣的一天
Objection.
反对
Since, if he represents himself at trial,
既然,他选择在庭审中自己打辩护
you won't have a real wedding for at least two to five years.
你可能在未来的两到五年里都不会有婚礼了
Harvey.
哈维
And I've got one more question:
我还有一个问题
Did you vow to remain faithful to Mr. Ross
你有没有发誓在整段婚姻中
throughout your marriage?
都对罗斯先生忠贞不渝
Yes, I did.
是的,我说过
Yeah, then I guess when you cheated on him
那我猜当你背着他跟洛根·桑德斯
with Logan Sanders, it means you lied to him
偷情的时候,就说明你在那个
at that nonexistent ceremony,
根本不存在的典礼上说的是假话
just like you're lying to all of us right now.
就像你现在在骗我们一样
That's enough.
够了
If you want to bring more outside information
如果你想让更多的无关消息来
to dispute this marriage, feel free, but for right now...
反驳这桩婚事的话,请自便,但现在
this witness is excused.
证人可以离席了
Louis, whatever it is, it's going to have to wait.
路易,不管什么事,等下再说
No, it's not gonna wait,
不行,等不了了
because you said you'd take care of Gibbs.
因为你说过你会搞定吉布斯的
I did take care of Gibbs.
我的确有搞定吉布斯啊
Well, then why the hell did someone from her office
那为什么她办公室里有人
contact Sheila in Argentina?
联系了身在阿根廷的希拉
Louis, they're just trying to scare you.
路易,他们只是在吓唬你罢了
And even if she tells them everything,
而且就算她和盘托出
you did nothing wrong with Sheila.
你也没做错什么
What about what we did with Mike?
那迈克的事呢
The only proof they'll ever have that we knew about mike
他们唯一能证明我们知道迈克的事的证据
is if we tell them.
就是我们自己亲口承认
And when they ask me, I'm going to take the Fifth,
如果他们问到我,我就引用第五修正案
and you are going to do the same thing.
你也是如此
That is not good enough.
这还不够好
I don't want to take the Fifth.
我不想引用第五修正案
Excuse me? You heard me.
你说什么,你听到了的
You get called first, you get up there,
你先被传唤,你先上庭
and you look them straight in the eye,
你看着他们的眼睛
and you tell them Mike went to Harvard.
你告诉他们迈克上的哈佛
It was your decision to hire him,
是你决定雇的他
and you stand by it 100%.
而且你绝对支持这个决定
What's going on?
发生什么事了
What's going on is that Jessica's happy asking me
事情就是杰西卡让我干扰证人
to witness tamper, but when it comes to her
倒是很轻松,轮到她自己
getting on the stand, she won't
上庭了,她倒不
Witness tamper? What did you have him do?
干扰证人,你让他干什么了
She had me move Sheila out of the country.
她让我把希拉弄出国去
Are you crazy?
你疯了吗
Look, I did what I had to do.
我只是做了我必须做的事
Then why won't you do what you have to do for me?
那你怎么不为我做点必须做的事
Because if I did that, it would open me up to perjury.
因为如果我做了,那我就有作伪证之嫌了
If Mike gets convicted,
如果迈克真的被判有罪
what does it matter if you perjure yourself?
你作个伪证又有什么关系
Both of you be quiet.
都给我闭嘴
Look who's coming.
看看谁来了
Look who it is. The Three Musketeers.
看看都是谁啊,三个火枪手啊
And we happen to be in the middle of a meeting.
我们正在开会
That's okay; I just dropped by to let you know
没关系,我只是来提醒一下
it looks like the trial's been moved up till tomorrow.
好像庭审被提前到明天了
What the hell did you do?
你干了什么
I went to the judge, and I said, "Your Honor,
我去找了法官,我说,法官大人
"I'd like to start this thing before
我想在我仅有的证人都消失前
every single witness I have disappears."
开始这场庭审
No way she granted this without us present.
没有我们在场她是不可能同意的
Oh, you can fight it, if you want.
你可以争取一下,如果你想的话
We'll wait for Ms. Sazs to finish her trip.
我们可以等到赛斯女士旅游完回来
Oh, Mr. Litt seems upset about that.
对此利特先生看起来很不安呢
Looks like the wedge I'm driving between you
看来我对你们使的离间计
is starting to work.
开始起作用了
Your wedge hasn't done shit.
你的离间计屁用没有
And I'm gonna tell you something else.
我再告诉你一件事
You put me on that stand,
你让我上庭
and I will look the jury straight in the eye
我就看着陪审团的眼睛
and tell them that Mike Ross is the best
明明白白地告诉他们迈克·罗斯是
goddamn Harvardeducated attorney I have ever met.
我遇到过哈佛教出的最好的律师
I hired him.
是我雇了他
It was my decision, and I stand by it 100%.
是我的决定,而且我绝对支持
And everyone that comes after me
而我之后的每个人
will say the same thing.
都会说一样的话
You think she bought that?
你觉得她吃你这一套吗
I don't care if she bought it or not.
管她吃不吃呢
I wasn't bluffing.
我不是在吹牛
And you and Mike better figure out
你和迈克最好想想
what the hell you're going to do
到底该怎么做
because the trial starts tomorrow.
因为明天就开庭了
What a coincidence running into you here
一周在这儿碰到你两次
twice in one week.
真巧啊
You can skip trying to cheer me up,
鼓励就算了
because it's not gonna work.
反正也不管用
Rachel I don't want to hear it.
瑞秋,我不想听
He humiliated me in front of the entire firm.
他在整律所的人面前羞辱我
Yeah, he did.
是的
But you weren't sure if Mike could handle this or not.
但你不能确定迈克能不能撑得住
And at least now, if he can't,
至少现在,如果他真不行
you won't have to be the one to tell him.
你可以不做那个去告诉他此事的恶人
That is so easy for you to say, because you have no idea
这话你说起来容易,因为你根本不知道
what it felt like to go through that.
经历这一切是什么样的感受
You're wrong.
你错了
I know exactly what it feels like.
我确确实实地知道那是什么感觉
What are you talking about?
你是指什么
Try to imagine how he treated me when I left him for Louis.
想象一下当我弃他投奔路易时他是怎么对我的
Maybe you do know.
或许你真的懂
Yeah. I do.
是的,我懂
And...
而且
I also know that, like nobody else,
我还知道,无人能及地
Harvey has this ability
哈维有这个能力
to just shut off and not see you as a person anymore.
屏蔽一切,不再把你当人看
Well, that ability makes me sick.
这能力真是让我郁闷
It's also probably one of the things
这可能也是他成功的
that makes him such a great lawyer.
因素之一吧
What are you doing here? We got a problem.
你来干什么,我们有麻烦了
You mean besides what you did today?
你是说除了你今天的行为吗
Mike, listen to me. No, you listen to me.
迈克,听我说,不,你听我说
That was over the line The trial starts tomorrow.
那真的是太过分了, 明天开庭
What?
什么
No. Gibbs can't do that.
不,吉布斯做不到的
Technically she can't,
严格来说她的确不行
But trust me, we don't have a leg to stand on.
但相信我,我们也没有站得住脚的理由反对
Fine.
好吧
Then I'm filing the motion to be my own attorney.
那我就提交申请由我自行辩护
Mikeno. I don't want to hear it.
迈克,我不想听
You didn't beat me, all right?
你没有打败我,好吗
So you can be second chair or no chair, but I am first chair.
你可以作第二辩护人或者不为我辩护,但我必须成为首席辩护人
God damn it, Mike.
该死的,迈克
You don't know what you're doing.
你不知道你在干什么
Do you really think I'm gonna let you
在你对瑞秋痛下狠手之后
protect me after what you did to Rachel today?
你真的以为我会让你来保护我吗
I did that to Rachel for you,
我对瑞秋毫不留情全然因为你
and if you can't see that, you can't win this trial.
如果你连这都看不透,你不能赢这场庭审
I can, and I will!
我能,而且我会
That's enough!
够了
Rachel, it's fine. I can handle this.
瑞秋,没事儿,我能解决这事儿
I don't care. I don't want you to handle this.
我不在乎, 我不想让你来处理此事
What?
什么
You said you were with me 100%.
你说过你百分之百支持我
Was that a lie?
那是谎话吗
No, but what Harvey had to do to me today was brutal,
不是,只是哈维今天对我做的一切太残忍
and whoever ends up representing you has to do
不管最终由谁为你辩护
the same thing to Trevor.
都会对特雷弗做相同的事
You don't think I can do the same thing to Trevor?
你觉得我不能对特雷弗做出相同的事吗
I know you can.
我知道你能
But I hated Harvey while he was doing it to me,
但是当哈维质证我时,我很讨厌他
and they're going to hate you
而且他们也会讨厌你
while you're doing it to Trevor.
在你质证特雷弗时
And, Mike, we can't have the jury hating you,
而且,迈克,我们不能让陪审团讨厌你
but we can let them hate Harvey.
但是我们可以让他们讨厌哈维
Mr. Evans, is it true that you were living with Mr. Ross
埃文斯先生,你和罗斯住在一起是真的吗
in and around the time he claims to have attended Harvard?
在那段他声称他就读于哈佛大学期间
Yes, we shared an apartment
没错,我们共住一间公寓
at 5307 Huntington Boulevard in Brooklyn.
位于布鲁克林区亨廷顿达到5307号
And how exactly did he pay his rent?
他又是如何支付他的房租呢
He worked as a bike messenger and made money on the side
他找了一份邮递员的差事,然后又做了一份兼职
taking the LSATs for people.
专替别人参加法学院入学考试
Oh, wait, I'm confused.
等一下,我有点糊涂了
Why would he have to resort to that
他为何要依靠那种手段谋生
if he were a college graduate?
如果他是一名大学毕业生
Because he wasn't a college graduate.
因为他不是大学生毕业生
What?
什么
You mean he never graduated from college?
你是说他没有从大学毕业吗
No, he was kicked out of college for cheating on a test.
对,他因为考试作弊而被学校开除
Well, isn't it possible
这样啊,那有没有可能
that while he was living with you,
在你和他住在一起时
he went back to school and completed his degree?
他又回到了学校,然后完成了他的学业
Well, I don't see how, since most of his spare time
我不知道他如何办到,因为他的大部分空闲时间
was spent sitting around smoking weed with me.
都花在和我一起吸大麻上
Well, let me get this straight.
让我来理理思路
Before he was employed at Pearson Specter,
在他被皮尔逊斯佩克特雇佣之前
to the best of your knowledge, he worked as
你所清楚知道的是,他从事了一份
a bike messenger and a parttime LSAT imposter?
邮递员的工作,还兼职替他人参加法学院入学考试
Yes.
没错
One last question, Mr. Evans.
最后一个问题,埃文斯先生
Is it at all possible that Mike Ross
有没有一丝可能迈克·罗斯
ever attended Harvard law school?
曾经在哈佛大学法学院上过学
Not unless they had a satellite campus at
除非他们在布鲁克林区亨廷顿达到5307号
5307 Huntington Boulevard in Brooklyn.
修建了一个辅助校园
No more questions, your honor.
问题问完了,法官大人
Given that you smoked all this pot, Mr. Evans,
由于你吸食大麻,埃文斯先生
isn't it possible that if Mike Ross commuted one day
有没有可能迈克·罗斯一周一次
a week to Harvard law that you might not remember that?
前往哈佛大学法学院读书,而你又不记得那天
I'd remember.
我记得
Yeah, maybe you would, but you'd lie
没错,或许你记得,但是不管怎样
through your teeth about it anyway, wouldn't you?
你都会对那件事撒谎,对吗
Objection.
反对
Mr. Evans, isn't it true that you're a longtime
埃文斯先生,你是不是一名长期的毒品贩子
drug dealer and your testimony today is only happening
而你今天之所以会在此作证
because you signed a deal with Ms. Gibbs giving you immunity?
全是因为你和吉布斯达成协议,她会给你豁免权
Doesn't mean I'm lying.
那也不表示我在撒谎
Because you wouldn't lie
你不会撒谎
just to get out of going to prison?
是因为你不想进监狱吗
No, I would not.
对,我不会
Well, how about if the other reason was to get back
那你觉得另外一个理由怎么样
at someone you've been jealous of your entire life?
你这样做是为了报复你这辈子都嫉妒的人
I've never been jealous of Mike Ross in my entire life.
我这辈子从未嫉妒过迈克·罗斯
And I just caught you in a lie.
我正好发现你在撒谎
Objection, your honor.
反对,法官大人
Mr. Evans, my next move is gonna be to call
埃文斯先生,我下一步将要传唤
Jenny Griffith to the stand,
珍妮·格里菲思出庭
and she's gonna testify that you lied to her for years
她将会证实你关于毒品交易一事
about dealing, and when she found out about it,
对她撒了数年的谎,当她发现时
she left you for Mike Ross.
她离开了你,而和迈克·罗斯在一起
Objection. Badgering.
反对,纠缠证人
She's also gonna say that you were jealous of his mind
她还会说你嫉妒他的头脑
your entire life, and when you found out
你这辈都是,当你发现
that she left you for him, you were as jealous
她离开你而和他在一起时,你就变得嫉妒
as a human being can be.
像任何正常人那般嫉妒
Now, is that true or not? Your Honor.
那是真是假,法官大人
Let me rephrase.
让我换个说法
Is Ms. Griffith going to be perjuring herself or are you?
是格里菲思女士会做伪证,还是你
Yeah, I was jealous of him.
没错,我嫉妒他
And if he lied about all of that, what's to make us believe
如果他对那件事都撒谎,还有什么能够让我们相信
that he wasn't lying about everything else?
他没有对其他事情撒谎呢
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有问题了,法官大人
Your honor, prosecution calls Donna Paulsen to the stand.
法官大人,控诉方传唤唐娜·鲍尔森出席
Don't worry, Donna.
别担心,唐娜
She won't ask you pointblank if you knew Mike was a fraud.
她不会直截了当地问你是否知道迈克是骗子
What if she does?
如果她这样问呢
If you lie,
如果你撒谎
they'll never know.
他们永远不会知道
Ms. Paulsen, it's my understanding that you arranged
鲍尔森女士,据我所知是你安排
Mr. Specter's interviews for the position currently filled
斯佩克特先生的那场面试,而面试的职务目前正由
by Michael Ross.
迈克尔·罗斯担任
Is that correct?
对吗
I assisted in the process, yes.
我协助了面试过程,没错
Did you find it suspicious that Mr. Ross
你有没有觉得罗斯先生的第一学年成绩
wasn't listed on the Harvard class ranking from his first year?
并没有列入哈佛大学班级排名中这点很可疑
No, I didn't. And why is that?
我没有,为什么
Because I've never been on any class ranking,
因为我从未被列入任何班级排名上
and I'm the best legal secretary in the city.
而且我现在是本市里最出色的律师秘书
Wow, that's a quippy response, Ms. Paulsen.
哇,真是一个巧妙的回答,鲍尔森女士
But if you were so good at your job, how would you
但是如果你如此擅长你的工作,那你怎会
allow someone who wasn't even on the interview list
允许一个没有出现在面试名单上的人
to get in a room alone with Harvey Specter?
走进房间单独和哈维·斯佩克特待在一起
I'm sure you'll recognize this list.
我敢肯定你记得这张名单
After all, you typed it up.
不管怎么样,是你打印的
And it looks like his name isn't on this one either.
而且看起来他的名字也没有出现在这张名单上
No, he wasn't on the list, but he was smart enough
对,他不在名单上,但是他足够机灵
to talk to his way in,
仅凭几句话就进去了
which is what a good lawyer does and exactly
这正是一名优秀律师所做的
what I was looking for.
而且也正是我要找的人
How exactly did he talk his way in?
他到底说了什么就进去了
Answer the question, Ms. Paulsen.
回答问题,鲍尔森女士
He took someone else's spot.
他顶替了别人的位置
You mean he said he was someone else.
你是指他说是他是别人
You're under oath, Ms. Paulsen.
你宣过誓,鲍尔森女士
May I remind you that perjury carries a sentence
要我提醒你作伪证会被判刑
of up to five years?
最高五年的监禁吗
Did he say he was someone else?
他是不是说他是别人
He said he was Rick Sorkin. Ha.
他说他是里克·苏尔钦,哼
So your first introduction to Mr. Ross was as an imposter?
所以你对罗斯先生最开始的介绍就是他是骗子
I didn't say that.
我没这样说
You said he lied about what his name was.
你说过他对他的名字撒谎
That makes him an imposter.
那就是说他是一个骗子
Are you going to recant your testimony?
你是要撤销你的证词吗
Don't look at him.
别看着他
No, I'm not recanting.
不,我不撤销
All right.
那就好
So now we've established that Mr. Ross is a liar.
所以现在我们已经确定罗斯先生是个骗子
And now we're gonna find out if you're a liar.
那现在我们就要查明你是不是骗子
So, Ms. Paulsen,
所以,鲍尔森女士
To the best of your knowledge,
据你所知
did Mike Ross go to Harvard law school or not?
迈克·罗斯有没有到哈佛大学法学院上过学
I'd like to assert my Fifth Amendment Right.
我要使用宪法第五修正案赋予我的权利
Don't feel bad, Ms. Paulsen.
别不好受,鲍尔森女士
I'm sure others will do the same thing too...
我敢肯定其他人也会做相同的事情...
Because...
因为...
The defense cannot produce one person
辩护人不能提供任何证人
who can place Mike Ross at Harvard Law.
以证明迈克·罗斯曾在哈佛法学院学习
The witness could be excused, Your Honor.
我的问题问完了,法官大人
I think we've heard all we need to hear.
我认为我们已经听够了
Defense would like to call Jimmy Kirkwood to the stand.
被告申请传唤吉米·柯克伍德出庭作证
Objection.
反对
His name was not on the witness list.
他不在证人名单上
Rebuttal witness.
反证证人
She just said we can't produce someone who places
她刚才说我们找不到任何人证明
Mike at Harvard, and I say we can.
迈克上过哈佛,我说我们可以
Your Honor
法官大人
Mr. Specter is within his rights.
斯佩克特先生有他的权利
Mr. Kirkwood can take the stand.
柯克伍德先生可以作证
How did you know he'd testify?
你怎么知道他愿意作证
I didn't until just now.
刚知道
Well, when I first met Mike, I thought,
我刚认识迈克时,就在想
"Who is this asshole "
这个平时从不出现
"Who only ever shows up for tests?"
只来参加考试的混蛋是谁啊"
Cockiest son of a bitch I ever saw.
他是我见过最傲慢的贱人
But then I really got to know Mike when we were arguing
但之后我真的认识了迈克
over an ethics question in professor Gerard's class.
在吉拉德教授的课上争论一个道德问题时
Should a lawyer who's crossed a line
一个越过界的律师
be given a second chance?
应该得到第二次机会吗
I didn't think so, but Mike did,
我觉得不应该,但迈克意见相反
and that's when I realized that Mike Ross has more integrity
那时我意识到,迈克·罗斯的小指头里
and compassion in his little finger
存有的正直和同情心
than any other lawyer I've ever met.
比我见过的任何一个律师都多
And if I was on trial for my life,
如果我面临性命攸关的审判
There's no one I'd rather have on my side
我希望站在我身边的
than my fellow Harvard alum Mike Ross.
除了我的哈佛同学迈克·罗斯外,没有别人
Just so we're 100% clear,
我们说清楚些
was Mike Ross a student at Harvard Law School with you?
迈克·罗斯是跟你一起上的哈佛法学院吗
Yes, he was.
是的
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有其他问题了,法官大人
Now we've heard enough.
我们现在听够了
Ms. Gibbs, I'll give you 24 hours to prepare for cross.
吉布斯女士,我给你24小时准备交叉质询
Oh, I don't need 24 hours, Your Honor.
我不需要24小时,法官大人
Mr. Kirkwood, isn't it true that two days ago,
柯克伍德先生,两天前
Mr. Ross contacted you on the street outside of your Office
罗斯先生有没有在你办公室外见你
and the two of you got into a heated argument?
而你们发生了激烈的争吵
I have the pictures. Would you like to see them?
我有照片,你想看看吗
Yes, it's true.
是这样
And isn't it also true that Mike Ross
那是不是几月前迈克·罗斯
got your aunt a large settlement several months ago,
曾帮你婶婶获得一大笔和解金
and if he gets convicted, it's likely
如果他被判有罪
that that settlement gets overturned?
很可能那次和解会被推翻
Objection. Calls for speculation.
反对,要求证人推测
He's a Harvard Lawyer. He's qualified to speculate.
他是哈佛毕业的律师,他有能力做推测
Overruled. No, you're right.
反对无效,不,你说得对
It'd probably get overturned,
和解可能被推翻
but if you think that's why I said what I said,
但你要认为我说这些话是为那个
then obviously you don't know me.
那你明显不了解我
So Trevor Evans could lie because he's jealous,
特雷弗·埃文斯可以因嫉妒而说谎
but you wouldn't lie for your aunt?
你就不可能为婶婶而骗人吗
I'm not lying for my aunt.
我不是为我婶婶说谎
But you are lying, because a person
但你确实在说谎,因为说真话的人
who's telling the truth wouldn't say they're lying at all.
绝对不会说自己在说谎
Objection. Testifying.
反对,律师自行作证
You Honor, I've had enough of this witness.
法官大人,这位证人我问完了
He's excused.
他可以下庭了
And the prosecution rests.
公诉就此结束
Donna.
唐娜
Come in.
进来
What can I do for you?
有什么需要帮忙的吗
I'm actually here to see Mike.
我其实是来见迈克的
Mike's not here.
迈克不在
He went to go and see Harvey.
他去见哈维了
Look, is this about It is about today.
是关于... 关于今天的事
Donna, I...
唐娜,我...
You know, I always talk like nothing can get to me.
我总是说没什么能难住我
Well, it did today.
但今天我被难住了
I crumbled up there, and I hurt Mike's case.
我在庭上崩溃了,伤到了迈克的案子
And I'm ashamed of myself, and I don't know what to do.
我为自己而羞愧,而又不知道该怎么办
Okay.
好吧
Here's what you're gonna do. It's okay.
没事,我告诉你应该做什么
You are going to sit down with me
你要跟我坐下来
and have a glass of wine
喝杯酒
and relax.
放松
Because juries aren't stupid, and they aren't allowed
因为陪审团不傻,他们也不被允许
to infer anything from what you said, so they won't.
受你说的话影响,所以他们不会被影响
Harvey, I got to tell you, I think we got 'em.
哈维,我得跟你说,我觉得我们搞定他们了
Mike, sit down.
迈克,坐下
What's going on?
怎么了
We had a good day, but it wasn't enough.
我们今天做得不错,但还不够
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
Jimmy came through. Mike
吉米出现,迈克
Look, I know she landed a punch with him.
我知道她打击到了他
And I'm telling you, he wasn't enough.
我跟你说,他还不够
Harvey, all we need is reasonable doubt.
哈维,我们只需要合理怀疑就够了
And if I was on that jury, I wouldn't have it.
如果我在陪审团,我不会怀疑
I'd find you guilty.
我会认定你有罪
That's great. So you just called me over here
很好,那你叫我来
to make me want to kill myself?
是要我自杀吗
I called you here because this is not about doubt.
我叫你来是因为这案子不是怀疑的事
We need to give them a reason to want to let you go.
我们得给他们理由放过你
And how exactly are we gonna do that?
那我们要怎么办
By doing what you wanted to do in the first place.
做你一开始想做的事
No. Now?
不,现在做
Are you kidding me?
你开玩笑吗
It's the only way to get you to testify
那是唯一让你不上证人席
without taking the stand.
却可以作证的办法
And you said if we had to, we'd put me on the stand.
可你说如果必要,我们会让我作证
And you were right.
但你说对了
She's too good at crossing.
她交叉询问太厉害了
Well, it's a great idea, Harvey; I wish I'd had it.
哈维,这是个好主意,我也希望我能做到
The only problem is, they're not gonna let me change
但问题是,他们不会允许我
my goddamn lawyer in the middle of a trial!
在庭审过程换律师的
And I'm telling you we need to figure out
那我说,我们得想办法
a way to make them.
让他们允许
Because if we don't...
因为如果我们想不出
we're gonna lose.
就会输
You're not allowed to talk to me.
你不能跟我说话的
That's true,
没错
But if you don't tell anyone, then no one's gonna know,
但如果你谁都不告诉,就没人会知道
and I don't think you're gonna want to tell anyone.
而我觉得你不会告诉别人的
Okay. What do you want?
好,你想要什么
I have to admit that until you got rid of Sheila,
我得承认在你把希拉送走前
I honestly thought you weren't part of this whole thing,
我真的觉得你没参与这事的
but then I did a little checking,
但之后我做了个小调查
and I think I can pinpoint the exact day
发现我可以确切指出
you found out about Mike Ross.
你发现迈克·罗斯的事的日子
I'm calling Jessica.
我要给杰西卡打电话
They let you resign, you found out about Mike,
他们让你辞职,你发现了迈克的事
and you used it to return as a name partner.
就借此回去做上了命名合伙人
And you know what that makes me think about you?
你知道那让我怎么看你吗
You're resourceful, maybe a little sleazy,
你有头脑,可能有点卑鄙
but you didn't hire that kid in the first place.
但你一开始没雇那个孩子
I'm not turning on my partners.
我不会背叛我的同伴
You had to blackmail them to get what you deserve.
你得通过敲诈他们得到你赢得的
That's got to stick in your craw.
那肯定让你如鲠在喉
Go. I will go, Louis.
滚, 我会走,路易
But you know what else I found out
但你知道我在查你时
when I was looking into you?
发现了什么吗
You like the ballet.
你喜欢芭蕾
You like to go mudding.
喜欢做泥浴
You enjoy the creature comforts in life,
你喜欢生活里的物质享受
but they don't have comforts like that in prison.
但监狱里可没有那些
They're gonna lose this trial.
他们会输掉这场审判
You know it, I know it, and they know it.
你知道,我知道,他们也知道
You have one last chance to save yourself.
你有最后一个自救的机会
Think about it.
好好考虑
And, uh...
还有...
Call me.
打电话给我
Before it's too late.
以免太迟了