I just love your writing, Tom,
我非常喜欢你的作品,汤姆
ever since Scorpio.
从《天蝎》开始
I think it just gets better and better.
我觉得你写得越来越好了
Oh, yeah? What else have you read?
是吗,你还读过哪本
All of them.
都读过
I thought the latest was brilliant, God's Cauldron.
我觉得你的新书很精彩,《上帝之釜》
You read that? In one sitting.
你读过了, 一口气读完的
But what we'd really love to read
但是我们最想读的一本
is your book on the Underwoods.
是你那本关于安德伍德夫妇的书
Well, it's changed. It's fiction now.
那个改了,改成小说了
But based on them.
但原型是他们
People might draw parallels.
人们可能会去对比
Would the Underwoods find it flattering?
安德伍德夫妇会喜欢吗
I don't think they'd be too happy with it.
我觉得他们不会特别喜欢
How do you think it'll do?
你觉得会畅销吗
Who knows? Better than God's Cauldron, I hope.
谁知道, 我希望比《上帝之釜》要好
Sales were disappointing, weren't they?
销量不高,是吗
In fact, they've been disappointing
事实上,你过去十年
on everything you've written the past ten years.
写的每一本书销量都不高
We can change that with this new book.
我们可以用这本新书来扭转局面
I'm not a political tool.
我可不是政治工具
We didn't fly you up here because my wife's a fan.
我们不是因为我妻子是你粉丝才把你接来的
I'm sure you had a notion of what we're after.
你肯定知道有我们想要什么
I didn't have any expectations.
我什么想法都没有
I just came because I was curious.
我来是出于好奇
Well, then let me satisfy your curiosity.
那么让我来满足你的好奇心
If your book can hurt the Underwoods,
如果你的书能伤到安德伍德夫妇
we want it to be published before the election,
我们要让它在竞选之前出版
and we want it to be big.
并且要让它畅销
Dana Treister, do you know her?
戴娜·崔斯特,你认识吧
The editor of Vanity Fair.
《名利场》的编辑
That's right. She's a close friend.
是的,她是我的密友
And Ben Grant, founder of Pollyhop.
还有本?格兰特,波利跳的创始人
I saw the webcast.
我看到网络直播了
They don't manipulate search results,
他们没有篡改搜索结果
but let's just say a big spread in Vanity Fair...
但是,如果在《名利场》上大做广告...
Nice juicy excerpt,
精彩的选节
profile on Thomas Yates, his literary comeback.
托马斯?耶茨的深度报道,他的文学回归
We're on the cover this month, but... next month it could be you.
我们本月上了封面,但下个月就可以是你
I'm on the Marxist side of Democrat.
我是最民主党的民主党
Why would I help a Republican?
我为什么要帮助共和党
You'd be helping yourself, Tom.
你是帮你自己,汤姆
And if that helps us a little bit along the way,
如果顺便帮助了我们
what's the harm in that?
又有何不可呢
Senator Dean Austen of Ohio,
俄亥俄参议员迪恩?奥斯汀
the leadership's top choice for running mate.
领导层竞选伙伴的首选
Twelve years in Congress,
供职国会12年
helps us with a major swing state,
能帮我们搞定这个重要摇摆州
middle of the road, very few enemies,
立场中立,极少树敌
and most importantly to them, longtime friend of the NRA.
他们最看重的,是全国步枪协会的老朋友
Now his shortcomings are he's another middleaged white guy,
缺点是,也是个中年白人
underwhelming, unimaginative
平庸无趣
and a longtime friend of the NRA.
而且是全国步枪协会的老朋友
So you can see how I feel about the leadership's choice.
这就是我对领导层这个选择的态度
Senator.
参议员
I'm honored, Mr. President.
我很荣幸,总统先生
I just have one major reservation.
我只有一个很大的顾虑
Claire. Yes, sir.
克莱尔, 是的,先生
Well, between you and me,
我只跟你说
I'm not even sure this gun bill is gonna pass.
我都不确定这项枪支法案能否通过
But if I'm being asked to support it,
但如果要求我支持它
you know the sort of hot water
我很难做...
Yes, but I need you on the ticket
是的,但是我需要你作为竞选伙伴
to balance our stance on guns.
来平衡我们对待枪支的立场
We have to appeal to the Republicans as well.
我们还要争取共和党的支持
And look, I'm not asking you to get behind the bill,
我不要求你支持法案
just not to publicly trash it.
只要不公然反对它就好
I know this is an important issue to you.
我知道这对您很重要
It is important,
确实很重要
but not as much as an experienced
但不如一名经验丰富
leader who can deliver Ohio.
能拿下俄亥俄的领导人重要
Then consider me on board, sir.
那么我同意了,先生
We're not sure we can get this to the floor before the election.
我们不确定能在竞选前进入投票
That's the deal we made.
我们有言在先
You get Austen, we get the gun bill.
奥斯汀的事如你们的愿,法案的事如我们的愿
We need a strong Senate version first,
我们首先需要一份强势的参议院版本
so we don't have two weak bills going into reconciliation.
这样才能避免两部无力的法案相互调和
You want Austen, you will make this bill a reality.
你们想要奥斯汀,就要让法案通过
Or, we can revisit the choice for running mate.
或者,我们可以重新考虑竞选伙伴的人选
No... let us see what we can do.
别,让我们想想办法吧
I'll call Mitchell.
我打给米切尔
Gentlemen,
各位
the future vice president.
有请未来的副总统
Congratulations, Dean. Thank you very much.
恭喜,迪恩, 非常感谢
Welcome. Thank you. Mrs. Underwood.
欢迎, 谢谢,安德伍德夫人
Nice to meet you. Very nice to meet you.
认识你很高兴, 我也是
So, how's it going in here?
你们这边怎么样了
Well, I think we're in alignment. Wouldn't you say?
我们算是达成共识了,是吧
It's been a productive meeting.
这次会面很有成效
So, let's talk about when we should announce.
来谈谈什么时候宣布吧
I, uh, I need to soften the blow to the NRA
正式宣布之前,我得安抚一下
before we go public.
全国步枪协会那边
It's imperative we keep a lid on this.
一定要保守秘密
No leaks until we're ready.
决不能提前泄露
Just the four of us in this room.
只有我们四个知情
And Claire, of course.
当然还有克莱尔
Well, I need to go do this quick interview.
我有个简单采访要做
Um, let me know how it goes with Mitchell.
米切尔那边的进展回头通知我
All right, I'm sure you have some
好了,你肯定有
Oh, leave that open. It gets so stuffy in here.
开着吧,屋里太憋了
Let's discuss the timing.
来讨论一下时间吧
Was it you or the First Lady?
是你还是第一夫人的主意
First Lady all the way. She thinks she can win me over?
完全是第一夫人, 她觉得可以把我争取过去
She knows you'll hit harder than anyone else.
她知道你下手肯定最重
If she's still standing by the end, maybe the bill has sea legs.
如果她能坚持到最后,那法案或许就能成
Kate. Good morning, Mrs. Underwood.
凯特, 早上好,安德伍德夫人
How about we talk in the Roosevelt Room?
我们去罗斯福室谈吧
Support in the House is already wavering.
国会的态度已经摇摆不定了
The public's losing interest in guns.
公众对枪的兴趣也在减少
Don't you want to wait until we sit down?
不等坐下再谈吗
Your staff only scheduled an hour. I want to make the most of it.
我只有一小时的时间,得充分利用
Oh, it's being used.
被占了
Let's find somewhere else.
换个地方吧
Kate?
凯特
Well, historically, gun reform comes and goes in waves,
纵观历史,枪支改革的呼声潮起潮落
as you know, so I believe this time, it can be truly different.
你也知道,我认为这次真的会不一样
All the data's filtered here, within these walls.
数据全部在这里进行过滤
My analysts do a first pass, but ultimately,
分析师先初步过滤,最终
I do the final round myself.
由我做最后的筛选
Our biggest concern is security.
我们最关心的是安全问题
Topgrade firewall, same as you guys use at NSA headquarters.
顶级防火墙,跟国安局总部的一样
What about internal security?
内部安全呢
I'm the only one with full access.
只有我一个有全部权限
So, if you do find anything,
你要是真发现了什么
how do you communicate that to us in a secure way?
怎么安全地转达给我们呢
In person.
亲自
I'll come to Fort Meade myself, or you come here.
我亲自去米德堡,或是你过来
No hardware leaves the premises.
设备不带出去
Can you walk us through how the filtering algorithms work?
能讲讲你们的过滤算法吗
We'll take firearms, for instance.
拿枪支为例吧
If we start with everyone who legally owns a gun,
从每个合法持有枪支的公民开始
track geolocation patterns through their phones,
通过手机追踪用户的地理规律
we start to put together a portrait
然后描绘一张
of where gunowners live, eat, shop, everything.
持有者生活,吃饭,购物,等等的地图
From this, we predict everyone who might want a firearm,
根据这张图,我们预测未登记
but who isn't registered.
但有意向持枪的公民
They're likely to exhibit the same behavior as people who are.
他们的行为模式很可能与合法持有者类似
You can use that for people who are interested in Arabic,
这可以套用于对阿拉伯语感兴趣的人
uh, wanna travel to the Middle East,
想去中东的人
who are disillusioned with the U.S. Government...
或是对美国政府绝望的人
So the same techniques that
跟我们全球监控
we're using for our international surveillance.
用的技术差不多
Yes...
对
but far more advanced.
但先进得多
Okay, turn a little bit towards me, Mrs. Conway.
好了,转过来一点,康威夫人
Right.
好
You look great, Hannah.
你真美,汉娜
What about the candidate? Don't get me started, Will.
那候选人呢, 别逼我吐槽,威尔
You're really photogenic. I know.
你真上镜, 我知道
Franny Wallace, senior year.
弗兰妮?华莱士,大四那年
The allGoldfish diet. Did you have these put here specially?
完全的金鱼食谱, 这些是特意摆这儿的吗
We roll out the platinum carpet, darling.
都是最棒的,亲爱的
I wonder what Franny's up to now.
不知道弗兰妮现在在干什么
Hmm, not the Editor of Vanity Fair, I'll tell you that.
反正不是《名利场》的编辑
Or about to be the First Lady.
或是即将当上第一夫人
Come a long way, haven't we?
我们真是成绩斐然啊,不是吗
Yeah, Will and I, um... Will and I appreciate your doing this.
是啊,威尔和我,很感谢你这么做...
It's not charity.
又不是无偿的
This issue will sell like crazy with you two on the front.
这一期有你们俩做封面肯定会卖疯了
Well, I feel like I should return the favor.
我还是觉得应该报答你
A night in the Lincoln Bedroom?
让我在林肯卧室睡一晚
A story.
一篇报道
You have a copy for me?
带副本来了吗
An excerpt.
这是一份摘要
I need the whole book. That's all you get.
我要整本书, 你只能拿到这个
Conway got the same thing.
康威也拿到了一样的东西
That was a mistake, Tom. They came to me.
这是个错误,汤姆, 他们来找我的
But they don't get to publish... without my approval.
但他们不能发表...除非我允许
So what do you want?
你想要什么
A meeting. For?
一次会面, 为了什么
You're just a messenger, Doug.
你只是个传话人,道格
You got your message.
你听到我的话了
One week.
给你一周
Thanks for the coffee.
谢谢你请的咖啡
Mrs. Underwood, welcome.
安德伍德夫人,欢迎
Thank you so much for recording this robocall.
非常感谢您能来录制这段电话自动语音
It'll go a long way in getting this bill passed.
这对通过这项法案将有莫大的帮助
Well, thank you for all the extraordinary work you're doing.
谢谢你出色的工作
Uh, where would you like me?
我要去哪里呢
Uh, Sally will show you where we set up for the recording.
萨莉会带您去我们安排好进行录音的地方
Right this way, Mrs. Underwood.
这边请,安德伍德夫人
LeAnn...
莉安
What is that?
那是什么
Names, phone numbers, emails.
姓名,电话号码,邮箱地址
A quarter million fresh targets.
25万个新目标
A quarter million? Where'd you get this?
25万,你从哪里拿到的
No return address.
没写回信地址
It's 50 times the names that we have.
是我们这里掌握的名字的50倍
Is it legit?
是真的吗
Looks like it. We made sample calls.
好像是,我们试着打了几通电话
Hello, this is Claire Underwood.
你好,我是克莱尔?安德伍德
I need to confess something...
我要坦白一件事...
something I'm not proud to confess.
一件我并不引以为豪的事
When I was sitting beside my husband in the hospital...
当我在医院里坐在我丈夫身旁时
all I thought about was me.
我只考虑到我自己
My fear. My pain if I was to lose him.
我的恐惧,一旦我失去他的痛苦
And it was selfish.
这是自私的
II wasn't thinking about everyone else
我没有考虑到其他人
who had gone through that fear and pain,
那些曾经历同样的恐惧和痛苦的人
who had to sit where I was sitting
那些曾坐在我所坐的位置上
because a loved one was shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun.
他们所爱的人被不该持有枪支的人射伤的人
I'm ashamed because I've never done anything about it.
我感到羞愧,因为我从未对此做过什么
I'm ashamed of how many lives we could've saved.
我为本可拯救的那么多生命而羞愧
How many families we could've kept from suffering.
那么多家庭本可避免这样的痛苦
We should all be ashamed, every one of us,
我们都应该感到羞愧,我们每一个人
because the blood is on all of our hands,
因为我们所有人都有责任
and doing nothing is the same as pulling a trigger.
而什么都不做就等同于扣动扳机
We need to do something.
我们得做点什么
And that means changing the law.
那就是,修改法律
Senator Austen's office.
奥斯汀参议员办公室
More than 500 since this afternoon.
从下午开始已经接到五百多个电话了
From our district?
单单我们区吗
We have it light.
我们都算少的
I'm hearing that other offices have gotten over a thousand.
我听说其他办公室接到一千多个电话
Senator Austen's office. I will take a message.
奥斯汀参议员办公室,我会转达
Francis.
弗兰西斯
You really shouldn't.
你真的不该这么做
Oh, one won't kill me.
抽一根不会死的
Did you finish it?
你读完了吗
Yeah.
嗯
One part really caught my eye.
有一个地方吸引了我
"A chasm opened up between them, "
一条裂缝在他们之间蔓延开来
a hallway less than ten yards wide.
那是一条不到九米宽的走廊
But it might as well have been a thousand miles.
但它就像有两千公里那么长
A wellappointed no man's land
这是一片布置精致的无人之地
with a plush carpet and high ceiling between two bedrooms.
丝绒地毯和高悬的天花板隔开了两间卧房
In it were two centuries of ghosts,
卧房里住着两个世纪的鬼魂
all the Presidents and First Ladies before them.
之前所有的总统和第一夫人
But also the ghost... of their marriage.
还有他们婚姻的鬼魂
A thirty years' war that left them both dead inside
30年的斗争,让他们的心都死了
and this dead space between them."
两人之间也是一片荒原"
He's perceptive.
真有洞察力
Uncanny.
简直可怕
Well, it's not who we are. Not anymore.
那已经不是我们了,已经变了
People will want to believe it's true even if it's false.
就算是假的,人民还是愿意相信是真的
What do you think it is he wants to accomplish?
你觉得他想得到什么
He came here one night, after I'd asked you to resign.
我叫你辞职之后有一晚他来过
He said he was obsessed.
他说他很着迷
Or maybe he wants back in.
也许他还想接着写
You felt something for him.
你对他有感情
Maybe for a moment.
有那么一刻吧
Did you? No, I don't think so.
你呢, 没有
I felt...
我感觉
I felt like he saw me.
我感觉他看得到我
Me, too.
我也是
Mr. Barnes.
巴恩斯先生
I couldn't stop thinking, since you called...
你打过电话之后,我就一直在想
about Zoe.
佐伊的事
I guess I want answers. ThatThat's what I want, too.
我想要个答复, 我也是
What is it you want to know? Was there... a relationship?
你想知道什么, 他们有过恋情吗
With Underwood?
她和安德伍德
When she was 17, just before she went off to school...
她17岁时,去上学之前
she found out I was having an affair.
她发现我有外遇
Sales rep, some drug company.
药物公司的销售代表
Blonde. You know.
是个金发妞
This isn't, you know, on the record.
这是非正式的谈话吧
No... No, not if you don't want it to be.
当然, 你不想公开就不公开
You said she found out.
你说她发现了
She gave me three days to tell her mother, or she would...
她给我三天时间向她妈妈坦白,不然就
I'm sorry, I had a few drinks.
抱歉,喝了点酒
Did you tell her? Yeah, I told her.
你告诉她了吗, 告诉了
We split up.
我们离婚了
Zoe didn't talk to me much after that.
那之后佐伊就不怎么理我了
I don't know anything about Underwood.
我不清楚安德伍德的事
I'm the last person she would've told.
她肯定不会告诉我
I wish I would've... made more of an effort...
我真希望我当初,能多尽点力
to reach out to her.
跟她沟通
Are you driving, Mr. Barnes?
你在开车吗,巴恩斯先生
Yeah.
在
I'm almost home. You should pull over.
我快到家了, 你该停车
Did you find out anything?
你查到什么了吗
Anything you can tell me?
可以告诉我的事
She didn't have a lot of friends at the Herald.
她在《先驱报》没几个朋友
Um, from what I can gather,
就我的了解
she didn't have any close friends at all.
她就没有亲密的朋友
I spoke to some people in her neighborhood...
我跟她邻里的人谈过
but nothing so far.
但还没什么发现
Will you?
你会告诉我吗
If you... Yeah, of course, of course.
如果查到, 当然
If you think of anything...
如果你想起了什么
Yeah.
当然
Then what were you doing there?
那你当时去那儿干什么
If I do a meeting at the White House,
我去白宫开会
I don't have to explain myself, Julia.
还需要理由吗,茱莉亚
This bill might pass.
法案可能会通过
I realize that. Are you helping them?
我知道, 你在帮他们吗
Absolutely not.
当然没有
Julia. Mrs. Underwood.
茱莉亚, 安德伍德夫人
Sorry, I'd shake your hand, but I just got back from a run.
抱歉,我该跟你握手,但我刚跑步回来
Listen, I wanted to say,
我想说
I know our meeting last time didn't go very well,
我知道上次的会面不太顺利
and that's on me. It was rude, what I said,
那是怪我,我的话太无礼了
and I hope you'll accept my apology.
希望你接受我的道歉
Have a seat, please.
请坐吧
You ever been in the residence before?
你以前进过宅邸吗
The personal touch isn't going to bring me on board.
套近乎我也不会支持你的
Neither will a few thousand calls to Congress.
给国会打几万个电话也没用
84,000 in less than 24 hours.
不到24小时, 8.4万个
But let's put that aside for a moment
先不谈那个
and talk about your good friend. Who?
来说说你的好朋友, 谁
Senator Austen. He told me. Running mate.
奥斯汀参议员, 他说了,竞选伙伴
Oh, not just running mate.
不只是竞选伙伴
You said I wouldn't have to support this bill.
你说我不必支持这个法案的
Yes, but a lot can change in a day, Dean.
是啊,但是计划赶不上变化,迪恩
We had no idea there'd be this sort of groundswell.
没想到会有这么大的呼声
Julia Melman was all over
就因为跟你共处一室
my ass even for being in the same room as you.
茱莉亚?梅尔曼就对我逼问个不停
Did you tell her?
你告诉她了吗
I had to. Christ, Dean
没办法, 天哪,迪恩
It was that, or make an enemy for life.
不然就要树个死敌
She's upset, but I think she'll come around,
她很生气,但应该能想明白
unless you make me endorse
除非你逼我支持
closing the gun show and Internet loopholes.
堵上枪展和网络卖枪的漏洞
Then she'll go ballistic.
那她可就要爆发了
Dean wouldn't do that. We've poured millions into his campaigns.
迪恩不会的,我们为他竞选出资上百万
And now he doesn't need you anymore.
现在他不需要你了
Are you trying to intimidate me? To get us to back down?
你是要威胁我吗,逼我们让步
No, I have an offer.
不,我有个提议
Ohio's a tough state for Democrats.
民主党想拿下俄亥俄不容易
Julia's been very good to me.
茱莉亚一直对我很好
Loyalty's important, I understand,
我懂,忠诚是很重要
but your loyalty has to be with me now.
但你现在必须忠于我
I just can't do it.
我做不到
All right, then we'll cancel the announcement.
好吧,那就不公布了
I'll find someone else to be my running mate.
我另找个竞选伙伴好了
No, I mean, I... I just can't support this bill.
不,我,我没法支持这项法案
Oh, but you see, the two go hand in hand now.
但是现在,两件事绑在一起了
So, are you on the ticket or not?
你答应不答应
What if the gun bill passes in the House, but not the Senate?
如果众议院通过,参议院不通过呢
In return for what?
你要什么回报
You convince the senator to pull out.
你说服参议员退出
Now, the leadership wants him, and we've played nice,
领导层想要他,我们也配合了他们
but the president and I want Cathy Durant.
但我和总统想要的是凯茜?杜兰特
She's a much stronger candidate.
她参选要更有希望
You're willing to abandon your own bill?
你愿放弃自己的法案吗
If it's means beating Conway or beating you,
要在击败康威和击败你之间选
that's not a hard choice.
多容易选啊
I already told Dean that
我已经告诉迪恩
I could live with him being running mate.
他做竞选伙伴我可以接受
How do I backtrack?
我怎么能反悔
Just watch the news tomorrow.
明天看新闻吧
You made the right choice.
你做了正确的选择
I hope so. Well, don't hope so, know so.
但愿吧, 别但愿,就是
And I'll have Seth send you a copy of the speech.
我会让赛斯给你一份讲稿
You can show the senator out now, thank you.
可以送参议员出去了,谢谢
Yes, sir.
是,先生
Oh, I'm sorry. It's okay. Come in.
抱歉, 没关系,进来吧
What did he say? He'll do it. What did she say?
他怎么说, 愿意配合,她呢
That she'll think about it.
会考虑一下
How do we know she won't tell him our plans?
怎么知道她不会把计划说出去
I told her if she does,
我说如果她说出去
we'll make sure the bill goes through the Senate.
我们就尽力让参议院通过法案
Can you hand me a towel, please?
给我递条毛巾好吗
Meechum's hand. What?
密查姆的手, 什么
I traced it on a wall downstairs... A while back.
我前一阵在楼下一面墙上画了个轮廓
They've painted over it. Oh, never mind.
被粉刷盖上了,算了
Francis, I've been thinking about Yates.
弗兰西斯,我在想耶茨
The Conways have everything.
康威夫妇什么都有
They have their children, their videos, their Twitter.
有孩子,视频,推特
There are very few people who understand us.
没几个人理解我们
Meechum... was one.
密查姆就是一个
Tom is another.
汤姆也是
Eight...
八
Seven. Nice.
七,很好
Mr. Long Pants.
长裤子先生
Mr. Nice Shoes. Go! Go, go, go.
帅鞋子先生,滚吧,滚吧
Go! Are you hungry?
滚, 你饿吗
No money. You need to go. You and your money, go.
不要钱,你走,带着你的钱走
I'm calling the cops. All right, all right.
我要叫警察了, 好了,好了
The cops, right now... All right, all right.
马上叫警察, 好了,好了
I'm calling the cops. All right, all right.
我要叫警察, 好了,好了
Ma'am...
女士
I'm Officer Tom.
我是汤姆警员
You called for me?
是您打的电话吗
There was a man here.
刚刚有个人
A very bad man.
很坏的人
Do you live on this block? Thirtythree years.
您住在这街区吗, 33年了
Three...
三
Did you ever see this bad man on your block?
在这儿见过这个坏人吗
Did you ever see this bad man on your block?
在这儿见过这个坏人吗
All right.
好吧
What about this woman? Did you ever see her?
那这个女人呢,见过她吗
Pretty. Yes, yes, she is.
真美, 是的,是很美
Whore!
婊子
Go away! Why'd you say that?
滚开, 为什么那么说
Go away. Go away. Why'd you say that? Tell me.
滚开,滚开, 为什么那么说,告诉我
Tell Officer Tom. Why did you call her that word?
告诉汤姆警员,为什么那么说她
Go away!
滚开
Built this myself, with my son.
我和儿子亲手建的
He's doing El Capitan next spring.
他明年春天爬船长峰
Freeclimb.
徒手攀登
I feel like running for president
我觉得竞选总统
is like climbing a cliff without a safety rope.
就像不系安全绳爬悬崖
How is it the press don't know you're here, by the way?
对了,媒体怎么不知道你在这儿
Just like you, General,
像你一样,将军
I take Sundays off to spend time with family and friends.
我周末也会休假,陪陪家人朋友
Or to make new friends.
或是交新朋友
Look, Governor, I know you still want me to resign.
州长,我知道你还是希望我辞职
But I was wrong to threaten that.
但我之前不该拿那个做威胁
Dreyer told me ICO took over another oil field this week.
德雷尔告诉我哈里发国这周又占领了一块油田
They're growing.
他们势力在壮大
Dreyer shares a lot with you, doesn't he?
德雷尔什么都跟你说啊
This is happening on your watch, General.
这就发生在你眼皮底下,将军
The president isn't acting and you can't force him to.
总统不作为,你也不能逼他
Not if you stay.
只要你留下就不能
If you resign, though, I promise it'll only be temporary.
不过你要是辞职,我保证你还会有工作的
Once I get political, I can't cross back over the line.
我一扯上政治,就回不了头了
I don't mean a recommission.
我不是要等上任后重新委任你
I mean making you my running mate.
我要你现在做我的竞选搭档
Thank you.
谢谢
Have you read it? Just an excerpt. It's powerful.
读了吗, 只读了摘要,很有力
And it'll be controversial. Say yes and I'll show you.
会很有争议,答应我我就给你看
The Telegraph would never let me.
《电讯报》不会允许的
Same parent company, both our titles. Doesn't matter.
母公司都是我们家, 那也不行
Paper is strict when it comes to moonlighting.
报社对打兼职有很明确的态度
It does matter, because my dad is on the board.
没关系,因为我爸爸是董事
One call to your editor...
给你的编辑打个电话
There... there are plenty of people who would jump at doing this.
会有很多人抢着要这个
Not who know him intimately.
但没有对他那么"了解"的人
My new election correspondent,
我的新竞选记者
he saw you and Yates sneaking off on the campaign trail.
看到你和耶茨在竞选途中溜出去了
Yates will open up to you.
耶茨会对你坦言的
I'm sure you know what buttons to push.
你肯定知道该怎么出招
It's a conflict of interest.
有利益冲突
My dad showed me that article you wrote.
我爸爸给我看了你写的文章
The one that never went to print where you called him a tyrant.
你叫他暴君,没发表出来的那篇
Some of us have built our careers on our reputations,
有些人的职业是靠声誉打下来的
not by having their daddies give them a magazine to play with.
而不是靠摆弄爸爸给的杂志
Or by cozying up to old school chums, right?
或是跟老同学套近乎
I've heard it all before.
这些话我都听过
You may not like me, you may not like the Conways,
你可能不喜欢我,不喜欢康威夫妇
but I have to believe you can stomach us better
但我觉得比起让安德伍德再干四年
than another four years of President Underwood.
你会更愿意接受我们
Well, the writing is good. I know.
写得不错, 我知道
Not good enough to strongarm a president.
但还不足以胁迫总统
Well, good enough to get me in this room.
倒是能让我进到这屋里来
I thought Francis made it very clear to you,
我以为弗兰西斯跟你说清楚了
you were not to challenge us.
你不能挑衅我们
Yeah. He said he would tell the world
是啊,他说他会告诉全世界
I didn't write Scorpio.
《天蝎》不是我写的
I hope you understand
我希望你明白
that we can't allow you to print this before the election.
我们不能让你在选举前出版这本书
I do.
我明白
Then why did you want to meet?
那你为什么想见我
I need an ending.
我需要个结尾
I have one I can live with, but not the one I love.
我有个还凑合的结尾,但我不喜欢
Because it's false. Well, it's true that you left.
因为是假的, 你的确走了
If I left, I wouldn't be here.
我要是走了,就不会在这儿了
I don't believe for a second
我根本不相信
you went to visit your mother because she was sick.
你去拜访你母亲是因为她病了
And why is that?
为什么
Because you never mentioned her one time to me.
因为你一次都没跟我提过她
Saying nothing says a lot sometimes.
有时候只字不提能代表千言万语
Well, what if the story isn't about how she left,
要是故事重点不是她如何离开
but how she came back.
而是她如何回来呢
Just because you're here doesn't mean you're here.
你在这里,不代表你全身心都在
Well, wouldn't you like to know?
你肯定想知道吧
Don't you want your ending?
你不是想要结尾吗
Are you gonna tell me about it?
你要跟我说吗
About the two of you? No lies.
关于你们俩,不许说谎
No, I'm not going to tell you anything.
不,我什么也不说
You can observe, like you did before.
你可以像以前一样观察
The difference is everything you see this time will be yours.
不过这次,你所见到的一切都属于你
And in return, we would like something.
我们想得到点东西作为回报
Speeches. We need someone who knows us...
讲稿,我们需要了解我们
and knows our voices.
也了解我们态度的人
A speechwriter? You're kidding.
讲稿撰稿人,你开玩笑吧
It's the only way to justify you being with us...
只有这个办法能解释你为什么和我们在一起
in case the press ask.
以防媒体问起
You want to keep an eye on me.
你们是想盯着我
Well, I think that's fair. Don't you?
我觉得挺公平的,你不觉得吗
If you're keeping an eye on us?
如果你要盯着我们的话
So you gave us a week. We'll give you a day.
你给我们一周,我们就给你一天
It was right here, on this very spot,
就是在这里,在这个地方
that I was shot with two bullets
我被一支非法获得的手枪
from an illegally obtained handgun.
所射出的两颗子弹击中
Secret Service Agent Edward Meechum,
特勤局特工艾德华?密查姆
a marine and my friend,
他是位海军陆战队员,也是我的朋友
was slain with the bullets from that very same gun.
因同一支手枪射出的子弹而牺牲
The public support...
最近几天
for the First Lady's... Universal Background Check Bill
公众对第一夫人的《背景普查法案》的支持
has been deafening in these last few days.
呼声震耳欲聋
We have heard from thousands and thousands of voices,
我们听到了成千上万人的呼声
and today, we would like to add one more voice to that chorus.
今天,我们想向其中再增加一个声音
And it is a powerful voice.
这声音强而有力
Senator Dean Austen of Ohio.
俄亥俄州迪恩?奥斯汀参议员
Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢您,总统先生
I've been a member of the NRA since I was a teenager.
我十多岁起就是全国步枪协会的成员
I've always been a fierce advocate for gun rights.
我一直都是持枪权利的强烈支持者
But today I want to offer my strong support
但今天我要强力支持
for the First Lady's bill.
第一夫人的法案
Here you go.
给你
Let me ask you another question. I'm tellin' you, man,
我再问你一个问题, 我告诉你,伙计
if you say she lived on the block, I believe you.
你要是说她住在这个街区,我相信你
But she must not have liked pizza,
但她肯定不喜欢披萨
'cause I don't remember ever seein' her face.
因为我不记得见过她的脸
Not her. President Underwood.
不是她,安德伍德总统
Oh, Christ, I can't get away from this guy.
天啊,这人真是阴魂不散
His wife just called me. Robocall about guns.
他妻子刚刚给我打电话了,关于枪的自动电话
You ever seen him around this neighborhood?
你在这附近见过他吗
Oh, yeah. All the time.
见过,经常见到
With the Queen of England, Friday nights, after bowling.
周五晚打过保龄球后和英国女王一起
When he was in Congress.
在他还在国会的时候
Nah, never once.
一次都没见过
I would've remembered. I'm good with faces.
否则我会记得的,我擅长记面孔
Parmesan? Over there.
帕尔玛干酪, 在那边
I saw this guy a few times, though.
但我见过几次这个人
The senator? No, the, uh, the dead guy.
参议员, 不,那个死掉的人
The Secret Service guy.
那个特勤局的
In here?
在这儿吗
Yeah, a while back. He used to stop in for coffee.
是啊,他之前经常来喝咖啡
Never any pizza, just coffee.
不吃披萨,只喝咖啡
You're positive? Yeah. I told you, I'm good with faces.
你确定吗, 我说过,我擅长记面孔
"The wheels lifted, and within seconds,
"起落架收起了,几秒钟之后
Washington fell away, disappearing under a blanket of haze and smog.
华盛顿就消失在一团烟雾中了
Forehead pressed to the window,
她前额顶着窗户
she imagined this was exactly
想象一千年前
how it must have looked a thousand years ago,
这里肯定也是这番景象
when the sun rose above the clouds
太阳升过云端
and there was nothing but a swamp beneath.
而下面只有一片沼泽
From this height, with this view,
在这个高度,看到这样的景象
she could be anywhere.
她可能是在任何地方
But the important thing is she was anywhere but there."
但关键是,她不在那里"
You want another? Yeah.
还要一杯吗, 要
Did he say why?
他说为什么了吗
Okay, thanks, Dana.
谢了,戴娜
Yates pulled out.
耶茨退出了
Said he came to an agreement with the Underwoods.
说他跟安德伍德夫妇达成了协议
He was playing us off each other.
他拿我们相互做筹码
We could still leak the excerpt.
我们还是可以放出摘要
It's too risky. If we get away with it, great.
太冒险,不被人查到还好
If we don't,
要是被查到
we look like opportunists fucking over an acclaimed novelist.
我们就成了坑害知名小说家的投机分子
It's not worth it.
不值得
Do you think it's true, that chasm between them?
你觉得他们之间真的有裂痕吗
Who knows?
谁知道
I love that writing.
我喜欢他的文笔
I wish I could've read the rest of it. I hated Scorpio.
真希望能看到其他部分, 我讨厌《天蝎》
It was beautiful. It's garbage.
写得多美, 就是垃圾
Why? The main character's a pussy.
为什么, 主角是个怂货
Will, you know I hate that word. He is.
威尔,你知道我讨厌那个词, 他就是
He lets his best friend kill himself. He does nothing?
他最好的朋友自杀,他却袖手旁观吗
He was in pain. He was going to die anyway.
他很痛苦,反正也要死了
It doesn't matter. It's cowardly.
那也不重要,还是懦弱
I think he was brave. And his friend.
我觉得他很勇敢,他朋友也是
And I think Yates was brave to write it.
我觉得耶茨能写出来也很勇敢
Brave is never giving up. You fight, no matter what.
勇敢是不放弃,无论如何战斗到底
So, Kate Baldwin was willing if Yates was in?
如果耶茨同意,凯特?鲍德温也同意
Yeah, Dana was giving her 20,000 words.
是啊,戴娜让她写两万词
I think we can pivot.
应该可以再斡旋一下
How?
怎么做
Get her back on the phone.
再给她打个电话
Julia. Olivia, I didn't know you were in town.
茱莉亚, 奥利维亚,都不知道你来了
Oh, just a little visit.
就是来看看
I miss seeing Dean's face sometimes. Don't tell him that.
我有时候还挺想迪恩的,别告诉他
Will you give us a few minutes? No, she should stay.
能让我们单独谈吗, 她不用走
Oh, I know you have things to discuss.
我知道你们有事要谈
Like your husband withdrawing from the ticket.
比如你丈夫放弃做竞选伙伴
That's why she's in town, right? For the announcement.
她是为此而来吧,跟你一起宣布
I know the press conference must've caught you off guard,
我知道那个新闻发布会肯定让你很意外
but the president didn't want you to know.
但总统不想让你知道
He thought you'd organize a protest. He was right. I would've.
他觉得你会组织抗议, 他说对了
My plan was to sit down, talk this out before the announcement.
我希望能坐下,宣布之前好好谈谈
There isn't gonna be an announcement.
没什么好宣布的了
You... you can't waltz in here
你不能大摇大摆走进来
We've raised $20 million
你丈夫初出茅庐时
for your husband since he was a freshman.
我们就给他捐了两千万
That gives me the right to waltz in whenever I want.
我就可以随时大摇大摆走进来
Show some respect. Honey, please.
放尊重点, 亲爱的,行了
No. This is what we wanted.
不,这是我们要的
What we've worked for. When Underwood loses,
我们奋斗的目标, 等安德伍德输了
you'll spend the next two years fighting off a primary opponent.
你接下来两年可就有仗要打了
Every one of our 200,000 members in Ohio will turn on you.
我们在俄亥俄的二十万会员都会反对你
By the time you've lost this office,
等你没了这个职位
Olivia's law firm will go tits up.
奥利维亚的律所也会黄了
Don't forget, we pushed most of your clients your way.
别忘了,我们给你引了好多客户
He got cold feet. What can I do?
他临阵退缩了,我能怎么办
Convince him to change his mind.
劝他改主意
He wouldn't listen. He says the NRA came down hard on him.
他不听,他说全国步枪协会对他严词威胁
Because you had him do the press conference.
因为你让上了新闻发布会
No, that was Austen's idea, not mine.
不,那是奥斯汀的主意,不是我的
I told him to lay low,
我跟他说了要低调
but he said if he was in, he wanted to be all in.
但他说如果他要加入,就要完全投入
The idea was to balance the ticket.
我们的打算是平衡你们两人的立场
Well, we can't do anything about Austen.
奥斯汀这条路已经不通了
The question now is who do we get to replace him?
问题是我们能找谁来代替他
Go back to the list?
再看看名单
He was fine, but I'm not enthused by anyone else on that list.
他还好,但那张名单上别人我都没兴趣
Let's not go back to square one, Mr. President.
别又回到起点了,总统先生
We have a good list.
我们有个不错的名单
Everybody can get behind those names.
大家都会支持那些人的
It's common sense.
这是常理
The only problem with common sense is that it's so... common.
常理唯一的问题就是,太普通了
I think we can do better.
我觉得我们有更好的选择
Who?
谁
Cathy Durant.
凯茜?杜兰特
Now, Louisiana's not a swing state, I know that.
路易斯安那不是摇摆州,这我清楚
But she is still a national figure,
但她仍然是个全国知名人物
she helps us with the women's vote,
她能帮助我们争取女性选民的选票
and I trust her.
并且我信任她
What about guns?
枪支呢
I don't think she's ever had a strong position.
她似乎对此立场并不坚决
It's better than that. She's never uttered a word on the issue.
比那更好,她对这个问题从未发表过意见
We checked.
我们查过了
I like it. So do I.
我喜欢, 我也是
But I had another thought. Who?
但我还有个想法, 谁
Not "Who." How.
不是"谁" 是怎样
I don't think I should choose her.
我觉得不应该由我选她
I think the party should choose her.
我认为应该由党选她
Not an open convention.
你不是说开放代表大会吧
Look, Bob, let's...
鲍勃,我们
We have to face the fact that
我们必须面对事实
my health is gonna be a major liability for us.
我的健康状况将会对我们非常不利
No matter who becomes the running mate,
不论谁做竞选伙伴
they could well end up being president.
那人最终都可能成为总统
Now, that is a...
那种情况
a scenario that I don't even like to fathom,
我甚至都不愿想
but we can't escape it.
但是我们无法回避
And if it's such an important decision,
如果这个决定如此重要
why not let the party make it?
为什么不让党来决定呢
Because it'd be a freeforall.
因为那样大家都可以参选
No, no. We make it so that Cathy wins.
不不,我们要想办法让凯茜获胜
We'll just make it look like the party chose her.
只是要做得像是党选择了她
And think of the coverage. We'll own the news.
想想新闻报道吧,会铺天盖地的
You want the convention to be a circus.
你想把党代会变成马戏团
Oh, Bob, I'm not sure if you've noticed or not,
鲍勃,我不知道你有没有注意到
but politics is no longer just theater, it's show business.
但政治已经不只是戏院了,是娱乐业
So let's put on the best show in town.
那我们就演一出最棒的戏吧
Great.
太好了
Will you give me a salute, General?
能向我敬个礼吗,将军
Active military aren't allowed to speak to the press.
现役军人不能接受媒体采访
He delivered his resignation this morning.
他今天早上辞职了
No shit.
不是吧
We're gonna break it online as soon as the president accepts it.
只等总统同意,我们立刻就在网上发布
Not often a monthly gets raw meat like this, huh?
月刊不常得到这种首发猛料吧
His phone's gonna blow up.
他的电话会被打爆的
But you get the exclusive.
但你会得到独家采访
Sorry about Tom. I'm not.
汤姆的事很遗憾, 我不觉得
Thank you, General.
谢谢你,将军
All right, we're gonna go set up for the...
好了,我们要准备...
Good afternoon, General. Kate Baldwin.
下午好,将军,我是凯特?鲍德温
Shall we?
我们开始吧
So, the main issue that Mrs. Underwood
不用说,安德伍德夫人
has been focusing on is guns, obviously.
一直关注的主要问题是枪支
We've got some talking points we've been using,
我们准备了一些最近用的谈话要点
so you'll want to... I'm sorry, is there any water?
你想, 抱歉,有水吗
Yes.
有
I'm a bit hungover.
我有点宿醉
At least I'm not still drunk.
至少现在清醒了
Want some?
要来点吗
Uh, we're fine.
不用
Right.
好
So...
那么
to the talking points.
谈话要点
What is it?
什么事
Excuse me for a moment, gentlemen.
几位容我失陪一下
What I want to communicate mostly is about the death toll,
我最想说的,是死亡人数
with personal stories, things that connect with
个人经历,以及那些能打动...
Claire.
克莱尔
Tom. Mr. President.
汤姆, 总统先生
Can we speak?
能谈谈吗
I'll, uh... I'll leave you to it.
那么,你们两个继续
Does she actually give a shit about guns?
她真的在乎什么枪支问题吗
What's that got to do with anything?
她在不在乎有什么关系
We knew this was a possibility.
我们知道会有这种可能
He's gonna make a lot of noise. It's Conway, I'm sure of it.
他会闹出很大动静,肯定是康威搞的鬼
Problem isn't Conway, it's LeAnn.
问题不在康威,而是莉安
She pressured us to cancel the air strike.
是她强力主张取消空袭的
We chose our path, Doug. Let's not secondguess it.
已经做出的决定,就不要多想了,道格
No offense, Mrs. Underwood, but she's doing damage.
请原谅,安德伍德夫人,但是她有害
I think we should replace her.
我认为应该踢掉她
She's the reason we're gonna pass the gun bill.
我们要通过枪支法案就得靠她
Sir? I just got this from Dana Treister,
先生,《名利场》主编戴娜?崔斯特
the editor of Vanity Fair.
刚给我发来了这个
Not sure what it means...
我不确定是什么意思
He's gonna make that son of a bitch his running mate.
他打算把这老混蛋定为竞选伙伴
What's goin' on? I'll see what I can dig up on him.
什么情况, 我去查查这个人
No. He was fully vetted
不,他当初担任
when he was commissioned for the Joint Chiefs.
参联会主席时已经彻底审查过了
No, you go with Seth and draft a statement on the resignation.
你和赛斯就他的辞职起草一份声明
Yes, sir. Let's go. What's going on, Doug?
好,先生,走, 什么情况,道格
And it's LeAnn's fault.
都怨莉安
He never would've resigned if it wasn't for her.
要不是她,他根本不会辞职
See what you can find.
你去查查
On the general? The president said we shouldn't.
将军吗,总统说不用查了
On LeAnn.
去查莉安
Hey, I don't wanna get involved in some cage match
我可不想搀和办公室政治
I thought we had an understanding. Your obedience.
我们不是说过了,你得服从我
I'll see what I can do.
我尽量去查
Do you agree with Doug? You're having reservations about LeAnn?
你同意道格吗,你对莉安有疑虑吗
Less about her and more about Tom.
对汤姆的疑虑比她要大
But I told you I trust you on this, so I'm trusting you.
不过我说了相信你的判断,我就会相信你
Has the leadership agreed yet? They're skeptical.
领导层同意了吗, 他们有疑虑
We can use this.
我们可以利用这个
Well, gentlemen, if there was
先生们,如果你们对
any doubt about an open convention, let it go,
党代会还有什么疑虑的话,放下吧
because we're gonna wanna bury this news.
因为我们必须把这则新闻盖下去
Brockhart has just resigned.
布洛哈特刚刚辞职了
And the general is about to appear on the cover of Vanity Fair.
将军马上就要登上《名利场》的封面了
Imagine what Conway can do with that.
想想康威会怎样大加利用吧
Conway! Conway! Conway!
康威,康威,康威
Thank you for coming.
多谢你的到来
Thank you for coming. Thank you! Thank you!
感谢前来支持,感谢你的支持,谢谢
Thank you for coming out.
多谢你来支持我
Dana just sent me this. So great to see you.
戴娜给我发了这个, 很高兴见到你
The story broke.
消息发布了
Hello. Isn't my wife perfect?
你好, 我妻子多完美啊
Thank you.
谢谢
Let her know how perfect you think she is!
让她听听你们多喜欢她
Stop it.
别闹
You're too much!
你真讨厌
Thank you! Thank you! Conway! Conway! Conway!
谢谢,谢谢, 康威,康威,康威
Yeah, I know, Fausto.
我知道,福斯托
I get exhausted just thinking about it, too.
我也是光想想都觉着累
All right.
好了
A journey of a thousand miles.
万里长征第一步,