President and Mrs. Underwood are back in Louisiana today
安德伍德总统夫妇今日返回路易斯安那州
in an effort to pick up
为争取获得
Underwood is in Las Vegas today
安德伍德今天来到拉斯维加斯
meeting with leadership from the Culinary Union
与烹饪工会的领导人会面
questions from undecided voters
今天下午在查尔斯顿,
in Charleston this afternoon
回答游离选民的提问
the first of three events the Underwood campaign
这是今天三项安德伍德竞选活动的第一项
The First Lady took questions
第一夫人今天在卡斯珀的
at a town hall meeting in Casper today.
一个市政厅大会上接受提问
That's 12 cities in half as many days for the Underwoods.
安德伍德夫妇6天就走了12个城市
Meanwhile they still trail Conway
同时,他们仍在所有全国民调中
by 12 to 14 points in every national poll.
落后于康威12到14个百分点
That's a big gap to close...
这个差距并不小
supporters in Boise waited an extra two hours for the president...
博伊西的支持者比原计划多等了总统两小时
The president's whistlestop tour of Ohio will...
总统在俄亥俄州的竞选活动将会...
You're one of the states that will decide this!
你们就是能决定这一切的州之一
took questions from undecided voters
今天下午在查尔斯顿,
in Charleston this afternoon the first of three events...
回答游离选民的提问,这是今天三项...
Please give a big Boston welcome to the next president...
请给我们的下任总统来一个波士顿式的热烈欢迎
For many Americans the question remains
对美国人来说,问题依然在于
what would an UnderwoodUnderwood White House look like?
一个双安德伍德式的白宫会是什么样的
Both Underwoods have courted
安德伍德夫妇二人都
So Arizona Nevada and California on Monday
周一去亚利桑那州,内华达州和加州
then the upper Midwest on Tuesday.
周二去中西部地区的州
It's not enough. Conway's hitting way more states than we are.
还不够,康威去的州比我们多多了
Well he's not a sitting president. He has more time than you do.
他又不是在任总统,比你有更多时间
Well then we have to make more time.
那我们就得挤出更多时间
We have to get out there. We've got to shake
我们必须到各地去,我们必须动...
Francis are you okay?
弗兰西斯,你还好吗
I'm fine. Sit down for a moment.
我没事,坐一会儿吧,
No no I'm fine I'm fine. Let's continue.
不不,我没事,我没事,我们继续
If you wanna add a fundraiser in California
如果您想在加州多安排一场筹款活动
we can make that happen.
这个没有问题
Okay.
好吧
So?
怎么样
I agree with Dr. Saxon and the medical team.
我同意撒克逊医生和医疗团队的建议
We should reduce air travel to once a week.
我们必须把飞行次数减到一周一次
I'm afraid that's not possible.
恐怕那不可能
You wanted a second opinion sir. You have it.
您想听其他人的建议,这就是
I didn't want a second opinion. I wanted a different opinion.
我不想听别人的建议,我想听不同的建议
Planes take a toll.
飞机对您有伤害
We're concerned about a sudden organ rejection.
我们担心突发器官排斥
I can't win an election if I can't travel.
如果我不四处跑,我就无法赢得选举
You can't win if you're hospitalized.
如果您住院了,也不可能赢
Thank you Doctor.
谢谢你,医生
You stay here. I'll go wherever Conway goes I'll just
你留下来,康威去哪我就去哪,我会..
I'm on the top of the ticket. It has to be me.
是我竞选总统,我必须亲自去
We can't ignore the doctors Francis.
我们不能无视医生的建议,弗兰西斯
It's the story we tell.
胜选关键是我们在一起
If I stay here Conway prances around the country
如果我留在这里,康威在全国策马奔腾
playing up his fighterpilot image and meanwhile
标榜他战斗机飞行员的形象,与此同时
I'm stuck here in the Rose Garden I won't risk losing you.
我却困在玫瑰园里,我不能冒险失去你,
Let's be smart about this.
我们聪明一点
I need to project strength. So project it.
我得表现出力量,那就去表现,
The air strikes are working sir.
空袭正在起效,先生
We've stopped ICO's advance to the Euphrates.
我们已经阻止哈里发国进入幼发拉底河地区
We've delayed the advance. We haven't stopped it.
我们只是延缓了,没有阻止
Your own reports say they're regrouping.
你们的报告说他们在重新集结
I want a decisive blow
我需要一次决定性打击
a face the leadership to send a message.
抓人,领导人,传达一个讯息
Uh the Ahmadi brothers are in hiding.
艾哈迈德兄弟正在躲藏
We don't know their location.
我们不知道他们的藏身之处
Well your task is to find them.
你们的任务就是找到他们
We've tried sir.
我们努力了,先生
Our assets hit a wall.
我们的特工毫无进展
To root them out would require special forces on the ground.
彻底铲除需要排遣特种部队去那里
That is a step I am willing to take.
这也不是不可以
We don't have authorization from the Syrians.
我们没有叙利亚的授权
Secretary Durant will smooth that out.
国务卿杜兰特会摆平这件事
I will not be satisfied
我不会满足于
by blocking the serpent's path gentlemen.
阻挡蛇的去路,先生们
I wanna cut off its goddamn head.
我要砍掉它该死的脑袋
The Syrians will say no and when they do
叙利亚人会拒绝,到那时
see if they'll work with the Russian special forces.
看看他们是否愿跟俄国特种部队合作
The Russians do the dirty work we take all the credit.
脏活让俄国人去干,我们坐收功劳
Petrov won't go for that.
佩特罗夫不会同意的
Well he will if we give him back some of our drilling zones.
还给他们几口钻井就会答应了
Well that'll take congressional approval.
那得需要国会的批准
Doug's laying the groundwork now.
道格正为此做基础工作
Are you interested in my opinion on this
关于这件事你想听听我的观点
or has it already been decided?
还是已经做好了决定
I want to move fast
我想迅速行动
so unless you have a quicker option
所以除非你有更迅速的办法
it's probably best you keep it to yourself.
不然最好还是保留观点吧
Yes sir. Cathy.
是,先生,凯茜,
Do we have a problem?
有什么问题吗
No sir. I'll coordinate with Doug.
没有,我去和道格协调
After a dog's bitten you you either put it to sleep
被狗咬了以后,要么就把它干掉
or you put a muzzle on it.
要么就给它带上口套
I've chosen a muzzle... for now.
我暂时选择...口套
I was uh thinking on the way over here
来的路上我一直在考虑
that I don't wanna do the same speech at every event.
我不想每次活动都发表同一篇讲话
I really think we'll get more news coverage
我认为如果每次讲话内容不同
if I have a different speech every time.
能获得更多的媒体关注
LeAnn already told me.
莉安已经告诉我了
I've been working on some variations.
我做了一些修改
I think uh we also need to
我觉得我们还得
respond to what Conway is saying...at all times.
随时对康威的言论作出回应
Start putting pressure on him.
开始对他施加压力
Seth's office is sending me transcripts.
赛斯的手下会把笔录发给我
There was an interview query from Time
有一封《时代周刊》的采访询问函
a voicemail about some memorial fund.
一条什么纪念基金的语音留言
Senator Halston called about the meeting on Tuesday.
豪斯顿参议员来电确认周二会面的事
Wait. The voicemail.
等等,那条语音留言
Uh Laura Moretti
留言的是劳拉·莫雷蒂
from the Anthony Moretti Memorial Fund.
安东尼·莫雷蒂纪念基金会的
I guess you... donated? Cue that up for me.
你之前好像...捐赠过,帮我调出来,
Just press one when you're ready.
按1号键就能听了
I'll catch up with you in a little bit. Okay.
过会儿再向我汇报,好的,
Hi this is Laura Moretti
您好,我是劳拉·莫雷蒂
leaving a message for Douglas Stamper.
留言给道格拉斯·斯坦普
I just uh... I wanted to reach out to you personally
我想亲自跟您联系
to say thank you for the incredibly generous donation.
对您的慷慨捐赠表示感谢
It's the biggest donation we've received.
这是我们收到的最大一笔捐款
By a lot.
远超其他人
Uh I don't know how you found out about us.
我不知道您是如何知道我们的
Maybe because of the President's transplant.
也许是因为总统的移植手术
But whatever the reason
但不论出于何种原因
it means so much to us to me and my children.
这对我和孩子们意义非凡
Anyway I... and I know this is a long shot
不论如何,我知道希望不大
but if you're ever free for coffee
但如果你有空一起喝杯咖啡的话
I'd love to thank you in person.
我想当面谢谢您
No worries if... if you can't.
没空...也没关系
Um thanks again Mr. Stamper.
再次感谢您,斯坦普先生
Hi uh this is Laura Moretti
您好,我是劳拉·莫雷蒂
leaving a message for Douglas Stamper.
留言给道格拉斯·斯坦普
I just uh... I wanted to reach out to you personally
我想亲自跟您联系
to say thank you for the incredibly generous donation.
对您的慷慨捐赠表示感谢
It's the biggest donation we've received.
这是我们收到的最大一笔捐款
Will there be enough time to get this up on the teleprompter?
把稿子放到提词器上还来得及吗
They're mostly cuts.
主要是做了删减
Should be quick. I'll get it there now.
应该会很快,我这就去
What did you change?
你改了什么
I took out the paragraph about love.
我删去了有关爱的那一段
That's the best part. It was too soft.
那是最精彩的部分,太软弱了,
This used to be a barbecue joint here.
这儿曾经是家烧烤店
Frank came a lot before he was president.
弗兰克当上总统前经常光顾
What happened to it?
怎么会变成这样
Same thing that happens to everything Frank touches.
弗兰克碰过的东西都是这下场
You mind? I do mind.
你介意吗,介意,
I haven't agreed to anything yet.
我还没答应什么
Tell me what you know.
告诉我你知道的事
I know Underwood lied about the money laundering.
我知道安德伍德在洗钱的事上撒谎了
I know he met with Lanagin when he said he didn't.
我知道他见了拉尼根,虽然他否认了
I know Edward Meechum doctored travel records
我知道艾德华·密查姆改动了出行记录
and I know you were there for all of it.
我还知道那一切你都参与了
Then Tusk gets a pardon. You get Chief of Staff.
然后塔斯克获得赦免,你当上幕僚长
Old news. Why'd you quit the job?
明日黄花,你为什么辞职,
I wanted to go back in the private sector.
我想回到私营企业
You just said everything Underwood touches gets demolished.
你才刚说安德伍德碰过的东西都会被毁灭
I don't like the man. So what?
我不喜欢他,那又怎么样
Why'd you team up with him again for the Russia deal?
那你为什么在俄国协议上又跟他合作
I don't have to like the people I work with.
我不需要喜欢一起做事的人
Plus there was a fortune to be made.
而且,可以狠赚一笔
See...
问题是
I don't think you give a damn about the money.
我认为你根本不在乎那个钱
There's a lot more to this you're not admitting.
这里面有其他的事,你是不肯承认
But I think you want to.
但我认为你想承认
So truth is you don't have anything solid.
那么,你其实没有任何实在的东西
I will get to the bottom of this story.
我会把这事查个水落石出
We can talk now or you can wait till you have a team of lawyers
我们可以现在谈,或者你可以回头雇一堆律师
talking to my fact checkers.
来跟我的事实核查员聊
I've been threatened by billionaires and by presidents.
我曾被亿万富翁和总统威胁过
You think an outofwork reporter makes me nervous?
你以为一个失业记者能让我紧张吗
I can call the White House right now
我现在就可以给白宫打电话
let 'em know you're working on this story.
让他们知道你在调查这件事
That's a gamble I took asking to meet.
我约你就冒了这个险
But my chips...
但是我赌
are on the better part of you prevailing.
你好的一面占上风
The who... the what... the why how...
谁,做了什么,为什么,怎么做
Don't ignore where.
别忽略了在哪里做
I think it'd be better if I turn it.
我觉得转一下会比较好
I think... I think this side is a little better.
我觉得这一面稍微好点
Yes that's very nice. Freddy.
是的,非常漂亮,弗莱迪,
Good afternoon Mr. President. Good afternoon.
下午好,总统先生,下午好,
Helen is teaching me the ropes.
海伦在教我做事呢
We'll leave you be sir.
我们不打扰您了,先生
Oh Freddy?
弗莱迪
Why don't you stay back for a little bit? Thank you very much.
你留一下吧,非常感谢
I'll be right there.
我马上过去
It's been a while.
好久不见
Well they uh... moved me to the flower shop a few months ago.
他们,几个月前把我调去了花房
The basement.
在地下室
That's probably why you haven't seen me around.
所以你没怎么见到我
Never would've guessed that well that this would be my thing.
我绝对想不到,居然会喜欢做这个
I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
看来老家伙还是能学点新把戏的
How's your grandson? He's good good.
你孙子还好吗,他很好,很好,
Just started school again.
刚开始重新上学
What grade is he in now? Sixth grade.
他读几年级了,六年级,
Getting up there.
慢慢长大了
I... I really should go.
我真的得走了
We got a big uh shipment of autumn blooms in.
有一大批秋季的花要送过来
Well then another time I guess maybe.
那下次再聊吧
You know Frank...
弗兰克
I'm gonna be leaving soon.
我很快就要走了
Helen's husband opened up a flower shop in Georgetown.
海伦的丈夫在乔治敦开了一家花店
They want me to work there.
他们想要我过去工作
Well are you not happy here Freddy?
你在这里不开心吗,弗莱迪
Time to try something new.
该尝试点新东西了
Well is there anything I can do to convince you to stay?
我能做点什么说服你留下来吗
A raise? Better hours?
加薪,调整工作时间
I appreciate it but I've already told Helen yes and...
我很感激,但是我已经答应海伦了
I plan on keeping my word on that. It's what I want.
而我打算说到做到,那是我想做的
Well I'm gonna miss you around Freddy.
我会想念你的,弗莱德
There's not many people here...
这里没几个人
Well I guess there aren't that many people here
这里没几个人
I'm all that comfortable with.
能让我觉得那么自在
You know what you should do before you go?
你知道你走之前应该做什么吗
You should come up here one night and cook us a rack of ribs.
你应该哪天晚上上来给我们做一顿肋排
Now I realize ovenbaked isn't nearly as good as the smoker
我知道烤箱烤的肯定不如碳烤
but you'd make 'em delicious anyhow.
但你怎么样都能做得很美味
Ribs? Really?
肋排,是吗
You want me to cook ribs for you.
你想让我给你做肋排吃
Well sure just like old times. What's wrong with that?
对,就像以前那样,有什么不对吗
I'm just the help ain't I?
我只是仆人,对不对
No that's not true. I tell you I got something good going
不,不是这样的,我告诉你我遇见了好事,
and your first thought ain't
而你的第一反应不是
"Freddy congratulations."
"弗莱迪,恭喜"
It's "Make me ribs." And what's my big sendoff?
而是"给我做肋排"对我的盛大欢送
I get to cook you ribs. No.
就是给你做肋排,不,
Look you are being way oversensitive about this.
你对这事太过敏感了
You're misinterpreting what I meant.
你误解了我的意思
You're right.
你说得对
It's all my fault.
都是我的错
I don't know how Claire does it. What did you just say?
我不知道克莱尔是怎么做的,你说什么,
Is this how you treat her? She part of the collection too?
你也这么对她吗,她也是收藏品之一
I don't know where all this is coming from
我不知道你这些怨气因何而来
but it's extremely ungrateful
但这太忘恩负义了
given all that I have done for you.
想想我为你做了那么多
What did you do for me Frank?
你为我做了什么,弗兰克
This is the White House.
这是白宫
You will call me "Mr. President"!
你得叫我"总统先生"
You're a motherfucker!
你就是个王八犊子
Get out!
滚,
My bad my bad.
我的错,我的错
You're a motherfucker Mr. President!
你是个王八犊子,总统先生
Governor Conway continues to say
康威州长一直声称
we're not doing enough about terrorism
我们在反恐上做得还不够
but he ignores the fact that ICO has been stopped in its tracks.
但他忽视了哈里发国已经被遏制的事实
The president is working tirelessly to combat our enemies abroad
总统不眠不休地与国外敌人作斗争
and what Governor Conway lacks in his assessment...
康威州长在评估时
is the decades of experience the president brings...
忽略了总统数十年的经验...
Do you think you should keep calling him "The president"?
你还应该继续叫他"总统"吗
Well I wanna emphasize that we're running mates
我想强调我们是竞选伙伴
and LeAnn is telling me that the marriage angle isn't working.
而且莉安告诉我,婚姻角度并不成功
Screw the research.
别管什么调查
People want to hear the real you a real person.
人们想听见真正的你,有血有肉的人
That's what you gave them at the convention.
你在党代会上向他们展示的就是真正的你
Sorry.
抱歉
That was very different.
那情况完全不同
Exactly. It was very different. It was honest.
没错,的确不同,那时你是诚恳的
And you don't want to just react to what he's saying.
你不能只机械回应他所说的
You wanna offer something.
你得拿出一些东西
I have been campaigning with Francis for 30 years.
我与弗兰西斯已经共同竞选了三十年
You don't ever let the opponent walk all over you.
不能让对手骑在你头上
If you're getting attacked you fight back.
如果受到攻击,就还击
Fine but fight back in a different way.
可以,但用另一种方式还击
This guy is... He's all spotlight and surface
这个人...他都是搞噱头,很肤浅
and magazine covers and Twitter. Don't play his game.
上杂志封面,玩推特,别玩他的游戏
Don't play the game at all please. Get beyond the game.
压根就别玩,摆脱游戏
You know what? Let's finish this in the morning please.
我们早上再继续做吧
I'm sorry. You're right.
抱歉,你说得对
You have a lot more experience in this kind of thing than I do.
关于这种事你的经验比我多得多
I should follow your lead. No I... I respect your feedback.
我应该听你的,不,我尊重你的反馈,
Thank you for being so professional about everything.
感谢你能表现得如此专业
You've been very kind. I'm not kind.
你真体贴,不是体贴,
Just realistic.
现实而已
That paragraph you wrote about love it made me uncomfortable.
你写的关于爱的那段让我不舒服
Saying you love Francis? I do love him.
说你爱弗兰西斯,我确实爱他,
Then what made you uncomfortable?
那是什么让你不舒服
Saying it in front of you.
在你面前说出来
Yes? Yeah.
好吗,好,
How'd she do? Very little effect.
她怎么样,效果甚微,
She was all over the news. White noise.
新闻上铺天盖地全是她,白噪音,
So how do we make it stick?
我们怎么巩固
Well there's not much I can do.
我能做的不多
We gave you access. I need more than I'm getting.
我们给你权限了,我要得到更多结果
You're supposed to tell me what people want.
你应该告诉我人们想要什么
People didn't know they wanted jazz
人们不知道自己想听爵士
until they heard it for the first time.
直到他们第一次听到了爵士乐
I can get them to like the music. I can't compose it.
我能让他们喜欢音乐,但我不能创造音乐
Give me something I can work with.
你得给我点材料
Is this something we could take public?
我们可以把这事公诸于众吗
No it's classified.
不,这是机密
But it's perfect the president colluding with the Russians.
但这太完美了,总统跟俄国人勾结
The idea has merit.
这个想法是可行的
The Russians will have far more access
俄国人门路更广
and it doesn't put American troops in harm's way.
而且也不会置美国军队于危险之中
We don't get votes by praising the president's policy.
褒奖总统的政策不会让我们得到选票的
Let's have Dreyer block it in committee.
让德雷尔在委员会审议中否决它
I don't like the way the president's handled ICO from the getgo
虽然我不喜欢总统最初处理哈里发国的方式
but his approach might work here.
但他这次的方法也许会有效
That's what I'm trying to prevent.
那正是我要防止的
So you wanna keep the ICO leadership alive
你想让哈里发国的领袖继续活着
so we can stay on message?
就为了我们能继续拿这个说事
Just until November
只是拖到11月而已
and then we'll hit 'em hard after inauguration.
等我们就职后就狠狠打击他们
This is the exact sort of BS I resigned over in the first place.
这正是当初让我辞职的扯淡事
I'll see you over there.
在那边等我一下
Two months away from winning this thing.
我们离获胜还有两个月
But if he gains the initiative if he picks up any momentum
一旦他获得主动权,一旦他获得一点势头
that could put us in the margin of error.
都有可能影响我们的胜算
I thought you were different.
我以为你不一样
Don't get any ideas General.
别胡思乱想,将军
You threw caution into the wind
你登上我这艘船
when you got yourself on my ticket.
就已把谨慎抛到九霄云外
You do it again you start to look foolish.
你再做一次,就显得愚蠢了
You talk to Dreyer and 86 this bill.
你去跟德雷尔谈谈,让他否决这项议案
I couldn't come to Wisconsin without having a taste test.
来到威斯康星州可不能不来尝尝鲜
Mr. Hayes. My name's Tom Hammerschmidt.
海耶斯先生,我叫汤姆·汉默施密特
I'm a freelance reporter.
我是一个自由记者
I was hoping I could talk to you for a moment.
我希望能跟你谈谈
I don't talk to reporters.
我不跟记者谈
It's a story about the president.
是关于总统的事
Did you not hear me the first time?
你没听到我说什么吗
I think things happened... in your barbecue place.
我认为在你的烧烤店里...曾发生过一些事
Meetings.
会面
Things you might have overheard.
你可能顺耳听到过什么
I think the president broke the law
我觉得总统触犯了法律
and I think you know about it.
而且我觉得你知道
Come with me. Let's talk where no one can hear us.
跟我来,找个没人能听到的地方再聊
So uh you bring a recorder? Yeah.
你带了录音笔吗,是的,
All right. Here's the truth.
好,我告诉你真相
I don't work for him no more. I don't serve him ribs no more.
我不再为他工作了,我不再为他烤排骨了
I don't want nothing to do with him no more.
我不想再跟他有任何关系
Even if I hated him and I do hate him...
即使我恨他,我也的确恨他
I don't snitch. Not to cops not to reporters.
我也不会告密,对警察,对记者
Not to anybody.
对谁都不会
Leave me the fuck alone.
离我远点
Okay.
好了
Lincoln and Roosevelt were progressive Republicans.
林肯和罗斯福都是共和党的先进分子
Jefferson was a visionary Conservative. Yeah!
杰斐逊是一名有远见的保守党,是的,
George Washington was a strong commander in chief.
乔治·华盛顿是位强大的领袖
William Conway embodies all these qualities.
这些品质都能在威廉·康威身上找到
I proudly endorse his candidacy for president
我为背书他竞选总统而骄傲
and I ask everyone in our great state to do the same.
我也希望我们州里的每个人都这么做
The next President of the United States William Conway!
欢迎未来的美国总统,威廉·康威
I'm... I'm humbled by your endorsement
你们的支持让我受宠若惊
and by the legacy of these great men behind me.
我身后这些伟人遗留的贡献也让我自愧不如
Now they all left very big shoes to fill.
接任他们是一项艰巨的任务
You know who hasn't come even close to filling them?
知道谁完全没有接任的资格吗
Frank Underwood.
弗兰克?安德伍德
I should go.
我该离开了
Once we land.
我们降落之后
I'll get a flight back to the East Coast.
我会飞回东海岸
Tom You don't have to say anything.
汤姆... 你不用多说了,
We've had eggs thrown at the house.
有人向房子扔鸡蛋
Tomatoes cow dung. You name it.
番茄,牛粪,什么都有
South Dakota's big Conway country.
南达科他州十分支持康威
We've been here all our lives. We raised our son here.
我们一生都待在这儿,也在这儿养育后代
It's just beyond our experience.
这我们从未遇到过
All these folks are our neighbors.
这些人都是我们的邻居
But once I put that sign up...
可我一把标志竖起来
Governor Conway is a veteran. He has children.
康威州长是退伍军人,而且有孩子
Why us and not him?
为什么选我们,而不是他
When we saw you two at the convention...
当我们看到你们两个在党代会
I don't know. It just seemed like a real partnership.
我说不清,看上去真像对儿好搭档
Love. Deep unwavering love.
爱,深沉,坚定的爱
I wanna thank you for reminding me
感谢你们提醒我
how important that kind of love is.
那种爱有多重要
Because it is. It's easy to get caught up in the campaign
它真的很重要,我们容易忙于竞选
and to forget how Francis and I got here in the first place
而忘记弗兰西斯和我是怎样走到这一步的
to remember that we're not just President and First Lady
记得我们不仅是总统与第一夫人
or husband and wife.
或丈夫与妻子
We're partners.
我们是搭档
We have made a choice to tackle everything together.
我们决定要一起解决所有事
We go beyond what's pretty and perfect
我们超越了美丽和完美
beyond what's scary difficult and unknown.
超越了恐惧,困难和未知
We're not just partners on the ticket.
我们不仅是候选人名单上的搭档
We're partners in life.
我们也是生活中的搭档
Mr. President.
总统先生
You have someone on the inside of
众议院情报委员会里
the House Intelligence Committee
有人给你
feeding you classified information.
提供机密信息
I'm a sitting governor.
我是在任州长
There's nothing wrong with staying informed.
获得信息没什么错
Every Republican is against the Russians being involved.
所有共和党人都在反对俄国的介入
You are interfering with national security.
你是在干预国家安全
I haven't influenced a single member.
我没摆布任何人
Oh that's because you're having Brockhart do it.
那是因为你让布洛哈特这么做
If the general chooses to share his expertise with them
如果将军提供专业建议
they're well served by it.
他们当然愿意听
Fifty times a day you say we should destroy ICO
你每天要说50次我们得摧毁哈里发国
and now you're deliberately preventing us from doing it.
现在又故意阻止我们那么做
You could've destroyed them six months ago
你6个月前就可以摧毁他们了
so don't lay that at my...
所以不要把这些都赖在我
I don't blame you for being a fraud Governor.
我不怪你骗人,州长
I mean we all have to be hypocrites every now and then.
我们都偶尔要伪善一下
But if you block this I'll send American troops in instead.
但如果你阻止,我就得派美国军队
You won't send Americans. Syria won't allow it.
你不会派美国人过去的,叙利亚不会同意的
I don't care what Syria will allow.
我不在乎叙利亚会不会同意
But wouldn't you rather have it be Russians in harm's way
但你难道不希望让俄国人去冒险
than your fellow American soldiers?
而不是美国同胞士兵吗
If anyone gets killed that's going to be blood on your hands.
如果有人牺牲,那将是你一手造成的
You want me to tell the Republicans to... get on board.
你想让我叫共和党人同意
Or have the general do it.
或让将军去做
Put politics aside and do the right thing.
把政治放在一边,做正确的事
Did you really think you'd be able to convince me
你真以为你这通电话
by making this call Mr. President?
能说服我吗,总统先生
I'm ahead by double digits. I got a message that's working.
我领先两位数,我的说法能博取支持
You're on your heels and you're asking me to help you
你有麻烦,就诉诸于我的责任感
by appealing to my sense of duty?
想让我帮你
I've even got you sold on my message.
就连你都信了我的说辞
Well you shouldn't believe everything you see on TV.
你不该相信电视上看到的一切
The governor has ended the call Mr. President.
州长已挂电话了,总统先生
Let's go.
我们走
We're gonna go forward with our own ground operation.
我们要出动自家的地面部队
I'll inform the Joint Chiefs. Sir there's another thing.
我会通知参联会,先生,还有件事
The Intelligence Committee...
情报委员会
If Conway has someone on the inside
如果康威在内部有人
You're worried about oversight on surveillance.
你是担心对监控的监督
There's increased attention.
人们对此更加关注了
They dig around find out what Macallan's up to...
他们在打探,想弄清麦卡伦想干什么
Yeah but I thought we were airtight.
我们不是无懈可击吗
Leann says we are but still...
莉安那么说,但还是...
The safest thing would be to end it.
最保险的就是了结此事
Claire Underwood's been on the move the past two days
克莱尔·安德伍德这两天一直在活动
showing up in every state Governor Conway's held events.
走访康威州长举办活动的每一个州
Absent from the trail has been the President.
总统却一直缺席
Press Secretary Seth Grayson said quote
引用新闻发言人赛斯·格雷森的原话
"The President is attending to the business of government "
总统目前正在处理,
for the time being" end quote.
政府事务"
But he neglected to say
但他没有表明
when the President would resume campaigning
总统何时会继续竞选
and there are no upcoming events
目前竞选网站上
currently listed on the campaign website
也没有列出近期活动信息
leading some to speculate that the real reason for his absence
这让人推测总统缺席的真正原因
may be healthrelated.
可能是身体问题
It's been six months since the President received a liver transplant.
总统接受肝脏移植已经过去六个月了
Although he was able to resume normal...
虽然他可以继续正常...
What happened to your eye? Freddy Hayes.
你的眼睛怎么了,弗莱迪·海耶斯干的,
So I assume he didn't talk.
那他什么都没说了
I need a way in here Mr.Danton.
我需要一个切入点,丹顿先生
I've helped you as much as I can.
我已经尽力帮你了
I know you won't go on record.
我知道你不会公开作证
I'm not even asking to put you on background.
我甚至不要求你作为背景出现
All I'm looking for is whether I'm warm or cold.
我只想知道我是接近还是偏离
What kind of beer is that?
这是什么啤酒
A lager. Some microbrew they had um... I don't know the name.
贮藏啤酒,微酿的...我不知道名字
Mind if I try it?
我能试一下吗
Go ahead.
请便
It's good.
好喝
Used to play a drinking game when I was a teenager...
我小时候玩过一个喝酒游戏
called Never Have I Ever.
叫"我从来没有过"
You know that game? You drink when you have.
知道那游戏吗,有过那个经历就喝,
That's the one.
就是那个
Or if the President has.
或者如果总统有过
Never have I ever perjured myself
被特别检察官调查的时候
when investigated by a special prosecutor.
我从来没有做过伪证
Never have I ever struck a deal with Raymond Tusk...
我从来没有和雷蒙德·塔斯克达成过协议...
to perjure himself in exchange for a pardon.
让他做伪证换取赦免
Never have I ever conspired to impeach a President
我从来没有密谋弹劾过总统
so I could become President myself.
好让我自己当上总统
We're gonna need more beer.
我们得再叫点酒了
The First Lady is on line one sir. Thank you.
第一夫人在1号线上,先生,谢谢,
Claire.
克莱尔
Doug called me about sending in our own troops.
道格给我打电话说我们要派出自己的军队
Well it was that or sit on our hands. Conway wouldn't budge.
要么派出要么无所行动,康威不肯让步
And what does Cathy say?
凯茜怎么说
I'm more interested in hearing what you think.
我更想知道你的想法
Well I think... doing something is better than doing nothing.
我认为...采取些行动总比什么不做强
How are the events going?
活动怎么样了
It's hard to tell. I've done so many it's all a blur.
说不好,做了好多场,都分不清了
There's only one interview left tonight
今晚只剩一场访谈了
and then we're done for the day
今天就结束了
but then there's uh... seven events tomorrow.
但是...明天有七场
How are you holding up?
你还好吧
I called to tell you Tom's not working on the campaign anymore.
我想告诉你汤姆不再为选举工作了
Did he quit? No.
他辞职了,没有,
What happened?
怎么了
We both decided it was for the best.
我们俩决定这样最好
We don't have to worry about him Francis.
我们不用担心他,弗兰西斯
You sound tired.
你听起来很累
Make sure you get a full night's sleep tonight.
今天好好睡一晚吧
Francis? Yes?
弗兰西斯,怎么了,
Nothing.
没事
I'll see you tomorrow. Okay tomorrow.
明天见,好的,明天见,
You're certain Underwood knew? And Walker didn't.
你确定安德伍德知道,但沃克不知道,
Could Danton have some agenda on this?
丹顿会不会有什么企图
He has no reason to lie.
他没有理由撒谎
Who's corroborated besides him?
除了他还有谁能证实
No one. That's why I'm here.
没有了,所以我才来这儿
I need institutional support. Legal research...
我需要制度支持,律师,调查...
a place to work where my dog won't bark at me.
还有不会被我的狗干扰的办公地点
If you crack this story you can do anything you want.
如果能查清这件事,你想做什么都行
I'll even make you managing editor again. I don't want that.
我还可以让你再当上主编,我不要,
What I do want... is absolute autonomy.
我想要的是...绝对自治权
I build my team I keep it small
组建自己的团队,小规模
and I answer only to you.
并且只向你汇报
How about security? Oh this was just some bad luck.
人身安全呢,这只是不走运,
I've lost two reporters Tom.
我已经失去两名记者了,汤姆
Oh come on Margaret.
拜托,玛格丽特
Underwood may be a crook but he's not a killer.
安德伍德或许是个坏蛋,但他不会杀人
I don't think so either but I don't wanna take any chances.
我也这么看,但我不想冒险
You just get me the staff I need.
你把我要的人找来就好
Once this article comes out I'm untouchable.
文章一旦发表,就没人能动我了
When the White House starts throwing punches... lawyer up.
白宫要想挥拳头,就让律师出面
'Cause he's gonna throw 'em at the Herald not me.
因为他只能冲着《先驱报》不能冲我来,
Hobby I used to have.
我以前的爱好
The Battle of the Wilderness.
莽原之役,美国内战战役,1864年5月5日至7日
I spent months building a model of it.
我花了几个月,造了一个模型
Started another one but never finished it.
之后想再造一个,却没有完成
Why not? I became president.
为什么,我成了总统,
Never enough time.
时间总不够
Does Claire know you asked me here?
克莱尔知道你让我过来吗
No.
不知道
It was more than just a fling wasn't it?
你们不只是一时冲动吧
How did she describe it? I didn't ask.
她怎么说的,我没问,
Well I'm not gonna go into details.
我就不详述细节了
I respect you too much for that.
那样对你太失敬
When you two came back from Texas...
你们俩从德州回来时
I had a feeling.
我就有种感觉
She says... you made her mother laugh.
她说,你逗她母亲笑了
Yeah I guess she took a liking to me.
是啊,看来她挺喜欢我
Christ I haven't seen that woman laugh in 30 years.
上帝,30年来,我从没见那女人笑过
I'm just not a threat.
因为我不是威胁
Just someone who didn't judge accepted her.
我不做评判,而是接纳了她
Do you make Claire laugh?
你把克莱尔也逗笑了吗
We have a connection.
我们有共鸣
Yeah... I make her laugh.
是的,我也让她笑了
I make her feel desired.
让她有被渴望的感觉
I think she feels comfortable being vulnerable around me.
我觉得她愿意让我看到她脆弱的一面
I have to say I'm a bit surprised you're not upset.
我得说,我有些惊讶,你没有生气
What would that achieve? I admire that Frank.
生气有什么好处,我很钦佩,弗兰克,
I got angry with an old friend yesterday
我昨天对一个老朋友发火了
for calling me "Frank" Instead of "Mr. President."
因为他叫我弗兰克,而不是总统先生
Just for using your name?
就因为直呼你的名字吗
It wasn't the name I suppose.
我想不是因为名字
It's the fact that he's leaving me.
而是因为他要离开我了
Leaving you how? New job.
怎么离开你,换工作了,
He worked for you? Here in the White House.
他本来为你工作吗,就在白宫,
It's tough for employees to be your friends.
下属要和上司做朋友不容易
That's why I decided to end it.
所以我决定做个了结
You decided to leave. So that she wouldn't have to ask me to.
是你要走的,这样她就不用开口了,
And what about your book?
那你的书呢
I would never betray her like that.
我决不会那样背叛她
Thank you Tom.
谢谢你,汤姆
I'll walk you out. I know my way out.
我送你出去,我自己走就好,
But thanks.
不过谢了
Take care Frank.
保重,弗兰克
Three teams. North east and west.
三支队伍,北面,东面,西面
We'll triangulate and advance on the center.
我们形成三角攻势,向中心进发
Each team will have a field agent
每支队伍都将有一名外勤特工
working with local assets to locate the Ahmadis.
与当地人员一同找到艾哈迈德兄弟
Here's the executive order sir.
这是行政命令,先生
Do you have a preference? Dead or alive?
您希望直接击毙还是活捉
Alive if we can get intelligence out of 'em.
如果他们能提供情报,就活捉
Thank you sir. Thank you sir.
谢谢,先生,谢谢,先生,
You're officially briefing me
记住,你是在向我汇报
on ICOrelated surveillance activities.
关于哈里发国的监控行动
You never saw or spoke to the President.
你从未与总统见面或是谈话
This way.
走这边
Mr. Macallan.
麦卡伦先生
Mr. President. The President's in his residence
总统先生,总统在他的住所,
not here.
不在这里
Security. We have concerns.
安全问题,我们有些担忧
Conway has people on House Intelligence.
康威在众议院情报委员会里有人
I've got everything masked.
我把一切都掩盖好了
The algorithms for ICO and the campaign are identical.
监控哈里发国和竞选采用的算法完全相同
It's just a matter of what variables you input.
只是输入的变量不一样而已
Give me English.
说通俗点
One spoon. I can use it to stir my coffee...
一只勺子,我可以用来搅拌咖啡
to eat soup...
用来喝汤
to boil heroin.
或是制海洛因
All they see is the spoon not what I do with it.
他们只能看见勺子,看不见我用它做什么
Or we could just get rid of the spoon.
或者我们干脆让勺子消失
Shut it down? Well that would be a shame
关停吗,那太可惜了
especially after yesterday.
特别是在昨天之后
What happened yesterday? Beyond happened.
昨天发生了什么,超越了发生,
"Beyond"?
"超越"
What your wife said in South Dakota.
你太太在南达科塔州说的话
"Beyond what's pretty and perfect."
"超越美丽和完美"
Liberation from convention from the past.
摆脱习俗,过往
Beyond surface beyond bullshit beyond the election.
超越表面,超越空谈,超越竞选
Beyond marriage. Yes exactly.
超越婚姻,正是,
You're not just husband and wife. You're not just running mates.
你们不仅是夫妻,不仅是竞选伙伴
You're both and more.
你们两者兼备,却不止于此
You're what's possible.
你们代表了一种可能
The Conways are everything everyone wants to be.
康威夫妇有每个人想要的一切
You're everything everyone wants to become.
而你们有每个人所梦想的一切
The President has been shot. He's had a liver transplant.
总统遭到了枪击,做了肝脏移植
And I'm sure everyone here in Pittsburgh is wondering
我相信匹兹堡的所有人都在想
what happens if he dies?
如果他死了怎么办
Not to be indelicate but...
恕我直言,不过...
What if I became president?
如果我成了总统吗
And that's fair.
这很合理
Our party chose me because they saw
我们政党选择我,因为他们看到的是
one half of an indivisible team.
一个团队不可分割的一半
Unconditional support.
无条件的支持
Two people working together for years.
携手共进多年的两人
Supporting each other is one thing.
相互支撑是一回事
Experience is another.
经验是另一回事
You have very little.
你的经验很少
I can see from your ring that you're married.
从你的戒指看得出你已婚了
Yes. Eighteen years.
是的,已婚18年了
So you know what real partnership is.
所以你知道什么是真正的伙伴
We have 30 years under our belts.
我们一起走过了30年
Learning from and advising each other? I'd call that experience.
相互学习,相互建议,这就是经验
Okay so you've got a strong marriage
好,你们有坚实的婚姻
but in terms of your qualifications
但说到你的资历
What... what I'm saying is
我想说的是
that we need to get beyond husband and wife.
我们要超越夫妻关系来看
We need to look at the team.
我们要站在队伍的角度看
Francis has served in Congress in the White House.
弗兰西斯在国会和白宫干过
I've run a major nonprofit. I served as ambassador.
我经营过大型非盈利机构,做过大使
We have passed legislation developed policy.
我们一起通过立法,制定政策
We've done all of that together every step of the way.
一切都是我们一起做的,每一步都是
So it's natural that we would run together.
所以我们一起竞选是很自然的事
And I know Francis better than anyone.
而且我比谁都了解弗兰西斯
So if he died to answer your question
所以,回答你的问题,如果他死了
who better to carry out his plan for America?
还有谁比我更适合实现他的美国计划呢
Manipulation.
操纵
Deception.
欺骗
Corruption.
腐败
That translates to abuse of power and breaking the law.
这就构成滥用职权和犯法了
We know it's true but we need corroboration.
我们知道是这样,但我们需要确证
People on record every fact researched
要有公开证人,所有事实经过调查
and checked and doublechecked.
并且反复核实
Nothing we discuss leaves this room.
一切讨论内容不得外传
Not your friends not your family
不能透露给朋友,家人
not the 50 reporters outside that door
或是门外的50个
who wanna know what we're doing in here.
想知道我们在这里干什么的记者
The second the White House gets wind of what we're doing...
一旦白宫对我们做的事有一丝察觉
they start to make this story...
他们就会设法让这个报道
disappear.
消失
The radio interview you did was spectacular.
你在电台访问中的表现太出彩了
It felt good.
感觉不错
I feel like we're finally tapping into something.
我觉得我们终于找到发力点了
Was it Tom what you said in South Dakota
你在南达科塔那对夫妇那里说的话
with the couple?
是汤姆想的吗
I saw a videotape of it.
我看过录像了
The core of it yes. And then...
核心是的,然后...
I sort of made it my own.
我自己编了一些
He should stay on.
他应该留下
No. Not as your speechwriter.
不,不是作为你的讲稿撰稿人,
Well I mean yes to the rest of the world
我的意思是,对外人来说
he can be our speechwriter.
他还是你的讲稿撰稿人
But that's not why he should stay on.
但这不是他应该留下来的原因
He should stay on because...
他应该留下来,因为...
he can give you things that I can't.
他能给你我给不了的东西
Look Claire we've been a great team.
克莱尔,我们一直是个强大的团队
But one person...
但是一个人...
one person cannot give everything to another person.
一个人终究不能给另一个人一切
I can't travel with you.
我不能和你一起旅行
I don't keep you warm at night.
不能在夜里让你感到温暖
I don't see you the way he sees you.
也不能像他那样看待你
ItLook it's not my permission to give but
这事不由我允许,但是
you'll do what's right for you.
你会做对自己正确的事
But I want you to know if you want it
但我想让你知道,如果你想
I know you'll be careful
我知道你会小心的
and I'll be fine.
我不介意
I mean if we're gonna go beyond marriage let's go beyond it.
如果我们要超越婚姻,那就超越吧
You have three saved messages.
您有三条已存留言
Message one. September 8th
第一条信息,9月8日
Hi uh this is Laura Moretti leaving a message for Douglas
您好,我是劳拉·莫雷蒂,留言给道格拉斯...
To save this message press eight.
保存留言请按8
To call back press five.
回拨请按5
To
如,
I'm sorry. Uh my sitter was late and um...
抱歉,我的保姆到晚了...
and then there was traffic so Just relax.
路上堵车,放松,
It's fine.
没关系
It's so nice to meet you in person.
很高兴能见到您本人
Here.
给,
I don't know why I got them. I guess I uh...
我也不知道为什么买了花,我大概...
Anyway. No they're lovely. Thank you.
总之,真美,谢谢,
And uh... and thank you again... for that donation.
还有...再次感谢您...给我们捐款
I just... I can't tell you how much it means
我无法表达这对我们多重要
You already thanked me on your voice message
在语音留言里,还有之前通话时
and when we talked on the phone.
你已经谢过我了
You don't need to thank me anymore.
不用再感谢了
Okay no more thanks.
好,不说谢谢了
I hope this place is okay.
希望这个地方还行
It's nothing fancy but I come here a lot.
不是什么高档餐厅,但我常来
I like it. It has a lot of character.
我喜欢,挺有个性的地方
Tony liked greasy spoons like this.
东尼喜欢这种小餐馆
He used to take the kids to
他以前每个周日下午
Ben's Chili Bowl every Sunday afternoon
都带孩子们去宾士红辣碗餐馆
and get them hot dogs.
买热狗给他们吃
Sorry.
抱歉
Don't be.
没事
I probably just shouldn't talk about my husband.
我也许不该谈我丈夫
I still get emotional.
我还是会控制不住情绪
You can... if you want to.
你可以谈...如果你想谈的话
Even if I cry?
哪怕我哭
I wanna know more about him.
我想多了解他
Will you close the doors please?
能关一下门吗
Where is he?
他在哪
Twice in two days I've been here.
我两天来了这里两次
I know.
我知道
So why am I here now?
我来这儿干吗
I want you back.
我希望你回来
I want you back too.
我也是
But...
但是...
He understands.
他理解