Kentucky you have 53 votes.
肯塔基,你们有53票
How do you cast them?
你们要投给谁
Madam Secretary
秘书长女士
as a senator for the great Commonwealth of Kentucky
作为肯塔基州参议员
I'm proud to speak on behalf of the delegation's chair.
我很荣幸以代表团的名义发言
The Commonwealth of Kentucky
肯塔基联邦
home of the Derby the Wildcats
德比赛马会之乡,野猫队之乡
and the birthplace of bourbon
波本酒的发源地
for Vice President of the United States
在美国副总统投票上
casts 13 votes for Secretary of State Catherine Durant...
13票投给国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特
for Senator Joseph Baker of Nevada
11票投给内华达参议员约瑟夫?贝克,11
for Governor Randall Smith of West Virginia
9票投给西弗吉尼亚州长兰道尔?史密斯,9
apiece for Governor Jill Haley of Florida
佛罗里达州长吉尔?哈利,7
and Congresswoman Sharon Pierce of California
和加州议员莎伦?皮尔斯女士各7票
for one of our own the Mayor of Louisville Jill Carson
5票投给我们路易斯维尔市长,吉尔?卡森,5
and 1 vote for the First Lady of these United States
还有1票投给美国第一夫人
Mrs. Claire Underwood.
克莱尔?安德伍德夫人
Louisiana you have 61 votes.
路易斯安那,你们共有61票
How do you cast them?
你们都投给了谁
Isn't this exciting? You can feel the electricity.
很激动人心吧,可以感受到热烈的气氛
Been a very long time since an open convention.
好久没举办过开放党代会了
I'm surprised you didn't get a few votes yourself Senator.
我很意外您自己一票都没有,参议员
I'm not running for vice president.
我没参选副总统
Neither is Claire Underwood and she got one.
克莱尔?安德伍德也没有,她还是得了一票
That was my vote.
是我投的
Trying to throw some levity into the proceedings sir?
是想增加点趣味吗,先生
Hell no! I think she'd make a terrific vice president.
才不是,我认为她能胜任副总统
Mrs. Underwood! Mrs. Underwood!
安德伍德夫人,安德伍德夫人
A couple of questions Mrs. Underwood if you have a moment?
我有几个问题,安德伍德夫人,您有时间吗
Yes I only have time for a few.
可以,我只有几分钟
Welcome to Atlanta Mrs. Underwood.
欢迎来到亚特兰大,安德伍德夫人
Thank you.
谢谢
Can you comment on Senator Sheer's vote?
您能对希尔参议员的投票发表评论吗
Well I am flattered. But it's all in good fun I'm sure.
我很荣幸,但我相信他是开玩笑的
Mrs. Underwood he says he'll vote for you again.
安德伍德夫人,他说他还会再为您投票
Well I am encouraging everyone including Senator Sheer
我鼓励所有人,包括参议员希尔
to vote for Cathy Durant.
把票投给凯茜?杜兰特
Both the president and I
总统和我
think she is the best choice in the field.
都认为她是这个职位的最佳人选
You changed everything we wrote.
你把我们写的稿全改了
There was no imagination to it. No rhythm.
那个稿子没有创意,也不押韵
We've been writing their speeches since they took office.
从他们就职就是我们在为他们写讲稿
We know what we're doing.
我们知道自己在做什么
Well do you want it to be good or do you want it to be yours?
你们在意的是好讲稿,还是撰稿人署名
The vote I'm most excited about
最让我激动的投票
is the victory our
是昨天在众议院
Background Check Legislation got in the House yesterday.
我们的《背景普查法案》取得的胜利
So I'm hoping that the Senate will follow their lead soon
所以我希望参议院也能尽快向他们学习
and that the president can sign it into law.
这样总统就能签署这一法案
I have to go. Thank you so much.
我得走了,非常感谢
Thank you... for inviting us.
谢谢您邀请我们
No.
不,
It's me who has to thank you and your son.
是我应该谢谢你和你儿子
He saved my life.
他救了我的命
No matter how tragic the circumstances.
虽然是因为那样一场悲剧
I want you to meet some of the other recipients.
我想带你见见其他接受者
This is James... who received one of your son's kidneys.
这是詹姆斯...接受了你儿子的一个肾
And this is Luisa...
这是路易莎
who received your son's heart.
她接受了你儿子的心脏
Luisa was at the top of the list.
路易莎是名单中的第一个
She was hours away from dying.
她再过几小时本就会死了
Uh if we could let's all get together for a photo.
如果可以的话,我们一起拍个照吧
James? Right here.
詹姆斯,过来
You come right here. Okay.
你到这儿来,好的,
This way. Great.
这边,很好
The president isn't shying away from uh his transplant.
总统对他的移植手术并不避讳
Well I think it's a smart move.
我认为这是明智的举动
You can't deny it so why try to hide it?
既然不能否认,干嘛要隐瞒呢
Plus I think it underscores the importance
另外,我认为这也强调了
of the vice presidential situation.
副总统选举的重要性
Wait rolling out the donor's mom? That feels a bit exploitative.
等等,把捐赠者的妈妈拉出来,感觉像在作秀
I... Look hold on.
我...等等
A little bit of compassion the kid just shot himself.
有点同情心,那孩子刚刚饮弹自尽了
And with a handgun no less.
而且是用一把手枪
Legally purchased. Let's not put this on the gun.
合法购买的,不要把重点转移到枪上
Look I am sorry all of this the whole thing
很抱歉,这一切
the convention... It's theatrics.
党代会...都是制造戏剧效果
Hey look I... bring on the circus.
闹起来吧
It's a lot more fun than some fourday infomercial.
比四天的专题广告片有趣多了
Let's talk about the contenders themselves.
我们来说说竞选者吧
There's almost a dozen of 'em.
足有十多个
Can you uh lower that please? really have a chance.
你能小点声吗,...确实有机会,
Durant first among 'em.
杜兰特是头一个
It's 11:00 in the morning day one
这才第一天,上午11点
and they're beating Ellen.
收视率比《艾伦秀》还高
Less traffic on the website too.
网站的流量也少了
People aren't watching the videos as much.
看视频的人越来越少了
This sold over a million copies.
这个卖了一百多万份
Five times that many read it online.
是网上阅读量的五倍
Yeah well that was last month. This is this month.
对,那是上个月,这是这个月
We announce a stellar running mate.
我们公开了一位重要竞选伙伴
He eviscerates Underwood on ICO.
他在哈里发国问题上重创安德伍德
We have not one but two
我们手里有两个
Vanity Fair covers that Pollyhop's pushing
《名利场》封面供波利跳推送
and all you give me is excuses.
而你们却在这里大找借口
The point was for us to drown out their convention
应该是我们的曝光率压制他们的党代会
not the other way around. We need to steal the thunder back.
而不是反过来,我们得把风头夺回来
So go where the thunder is.
那就去风口夺风头
I've been one heartbeat away for almost two years.
两年来,我一直近在咫尺
My heart's not in it anymore.
我对这个已经没兴趣了
I'm going to head back to Vermont after November.
过了11月我就回佛蒙特去了
Maybe start teaching again.
也许继续回去教书
Who are you supporting then?
那你支持谁呢
On the record Cathy Durant.
公开说是凯茜?杜兰特
And off the record?
私下里呢
I'm not the biggest fan.
我不是很喜欢她
Why?
为什么
She wasn't much help during the Russia crisis.
俄国危机期间她没帮上什么忙
She closed the deal with Petrov.
可是她和佩特罗夫达成了协议
She took credit for it sure.
功劳的确是归到她头上了
But she fought the deal every step of the way.
但她从始至终都在阻挠那份协议
Nothing would've happened if it weren't for Claire.
如果不是克莱尔,根本就不可能成
The First Lady?
第一夫人
The former ambassador.
是前大使
We're closer in Kansas but still not close enough.
我们在堪萨斯支持率更接近了,但还不够
Did you speak to Jefferies
你去争取众议院票时
when you were there for the House vote?
和杰弗瑞斯谈过了吗
He's leaning on Fred Simms.
他正在向弗雷德?西姆斯施压
If Simms could deliver two or three delegates
如果西姆斯可以拉来两三名代表
That could push Kansas over the edge.
那就能整个拿下堪萨斯了
I can call Womack.
我可以联系乌麦克
He's got some friends over the border.
他在那边有几个朋友
What about Pawley? Pawley?
珀利怎么样,珀利,
Sheriff Pawley in Fort Worth old family friend of my dad's.
沃思堡治安官珀利,是我爸的老朋友了
He's close with some superdelegates from Dallas.
他和达拉斯的几位超级代表关系很近
Yes he's on board.
可以拉他过来
Gotta love those sheriffs.
真得喜欢这些治安官
That's how we do in Louisiana.
我们在路易斯安那就是那么做的
What about Enright?
恩莱特呢
I'm meeting him for coffee at the Hyatt.
我和他约好了在凯悦喝咖啡
In fact I better get going. I don't wanna be late.
话说我该过去了,我可不想迟到
Now if we could lock up Virginia
如果我们能拿下弗吉尼亚
It would send a very big message.
就会向全国发出强势的讯息
And then Kentucky next.
接下来就是肯塔基
He's got a big old crush on you.
肯塔基州可喜欢你了
We better get you on a move.
那你最好赶紧上路
Enright is a stickler for punctuality.
恩莱特最讨厌不守时了
You know I'm having fun. I forgot how much I miss being whip.
我挺开心的,我都忘了我多喜欢做党鞭
You whip 'em. I'll sweet talk 'em.
鞭子你来抽,蜜糖我来喂
Nothing like leather and sugar.
胡萝卜加大棒最有效了
Sir?
先生
Senator Sheer.
希尔参议员
Senator you did a fine job.
参议员,你干得太漂亮了
Yeah I better get prime time
我最好能拿到黄金时段
not one of these midmorning speeches.
而不是在垃圾时段发表讲话
Eight o'clock Wednesday night. I called Patti myself.
周三晚上八点,我亲自和帕特打招呼
Do you know the main thing that separates
你知道政客这个物种
a politician from the rest of the species?
和其他物种最大的区别是什么吗
A politician is the one who would drown a litter of kittens
政客愿意淹死一窝小奶猫
for ten minutes of prime time.
来换十分钟的黄金时段
Secretary Durant. Editor in chief Politico.
杜兰特国务卿,我是政治新闻网的总编
It's all right.
没事的
Adam are you covering this yourself?
亚当,你亲自来做报道吗
First open one since '68.
68年以来的第一次开放党代会
It's humid as hell though.
不过这天够潮的
I just got here and I'm already soaked.
我刚来就浑身透湿了
On the plus side
不过往好处想
I hear they have the best strip clubs in the country.
我听说这里的艳舞俱乐部全国顶尖
Can I ask you a couple questions?
我能问几个问题吗
Well I'm in a hurry. Just a couple.
我有点急事,就几个,
Nothing on the record.
不能公开
Tell me about the rumors
和我说说那些
regarding the deal you struck with Petrov in Brandenburg.
你在勃兰登堡和佩特罗夫谈判的传闻吧
What rumors?
什么传闻
That it was the First Lady who brokered the deal not you.
是第一夫人谈妥的协议,而不是你
It was a team effort. Who is your source?
那是团队合作的成果,是谁告诉你的
I can't. You know that.
我不能透露,你懂的
Well I'm afraid that's all the time I've got.
实在抱歉,我没有时间了
Have a good trip Adam.
一路顺风,亚当
The president was on site this morning for a press briefing
总统今早和凯伦?威廉姆斯一起
at the Truxton Marquis with Karen Williams
在特斯顿侯爵酒店召开了记者会
the mother of Daniel Williams
凯伦的儿子丹尼尔?威廉姆斯
the organ donor who provided his liver.
是他所用肝脏的捐献者
Alongside him were all of the donor organs' recipients.
一起出席的还有其他器官接受者
Ms. Williams took time to speak with each recipient
威廉姆斯太太和每一位接受者交谈
whose life was saved in the wake of her son's passing.
是她已逝儿子的器官挽救了他们的生命
The president used this solemn event
总统借此肃穆的场合
to express his gratitude for those who share their lives
表达了他对分享生命拯救他人健康
for the health and welfare of others
和幸福的人的敬意
whether through organ donation or through their work.
无论是通过捐赠器官,还是工作
The president's condition has improved dramatically
总统在接受器官移植后
since his organ donation.
健康状况大为好转
The entire country was on edge
他住院期间
throughout his time in the hospital.
全国人民的心都悬在空中
Sixteenyearold Daniel
16岁少年丹尼尔
who saved President Underwood from his health crisis
把安德伍德总统从健康危机中解救了出来
left this world by
他离开了这个世界
giving back to so many others he never expected to touch.
却回馈了很多他并不知道自己会触动的人
Lasting tributes like this will not be forgotten.
这样永恒的礼物是不会被遗忘的
Currently there are more than 122000 men women and children
目前,每年都有超过12.2万男人女人和小孩
seeking an organ transplant each year
在寻求器官移植
most common needs being the kidney liver and heart.
最常见的需求是肾脏,肝脏和心脏
And while the number of donors has increased over the years
虽然这些年来,捐赠者的数量有所上升
recipients are still in for a long potentially fatal waiting period
接受者在找到一个健康匹配的器官前
before a healthy matching organ becomes available.
仍要熬过一段漫长且可能致命的等待期
Waiting lists for these types of transplants
这类移植的等待人
can last from days to months on end.
能坚持从几天到几个月不等
Although President Underwood's critical condition
虽然安德伍德总统因情况紧急
pushed him to the top of the donor list
而登上捐赠名单榜首
he was fortunate to have received a donation in time.
但他能及时获得捐赠仍然是很幸运的
Many status one or most inneed patients
很多重症或急需的病人
do not receive a transplant in time to save their lives.
并不能及时得到救命的移植
Tennessee! You have 77 votes.
田纳西州,你们有77票
How do you cast them?
你们要投给谁
From the Volunteer State...
志愿者州...田纳西州的别称
the president will be with you in a moment.
总统马上会接听电话
we cast 73 votes for vice president
在美国副总统投票上,我们把73票,
to Secretary Catherine Durant
投给凯瑟琳?杜兰特国务卿
and four votes to Senator Joseph Baker.
4票投给约瑟夫?贝克参议员
Cathy! The meeting with Enright went well.
凯茜,跟恩莱特的见面很顺利,
I put a call into him afterwards. He said you charmed him.
我之后给他打了电话,他说被你折服了
That puts us where? Ninefortynine.
我们有多少票了,949
We won't make this ballot but we're getting close.
这轮投票还赢不了,但也拉近了差距
Next one. I'm sure of it.
下轮肯定行,我确定
Let's talk once we get the final numbers.
等我们拿到最终数字再谈吧
Will do. Bye.
好的,再见
Texas you have 237 votes.
德州,你们有237票
Do you have my call list for tonight?
我今晚要打的电话名单呢
How do you cast them?
你们要投给谁
Madam Secretary my name is Ruiz Trejo.
秘书长女士,我是鲁伊斯?特雷霍
I see. Uh I ran into Giovanni in the elevator.
好的,我在电梯遇见乔瓦尼了
You can cross him off.
你可以划掉他
And cross off Milford.
再划掉米尔福德
She said she's gonna back Baker till the bitter end.
她说她到死都只会支持贝克
We cast all of our votes to our native daughter
我们所有的票都投给了我们本区人
the First Lady
第一夫人
and the future Vice President of the United States of America
也是美国未来的副总统
Claire Underwood.
克莱尔?安德伍德
Thank you Texas. And thank...
谢谢,德州,谢...
All 237? Nice.
全部237票吗,太好了
My mother brought the hammer down on the holdouts.
我母亲狠狠敲打了犹豫不定的
I just emailed you my donor lists for Austin and Houston.
我刚发了奥斯丁和休斯顿的捐赠者名单给你
Should be at least two million in the bank.
应该至少能拿到两百万
Ms. Jones. Oh that's great.
琼斯女士,太好了,
Oh I gotta go. The cameras are here.
我得挂了,摄影来了
Ms. Jones the entire state for the First Lady.
琼斯女士,整个州都投给第一夫人
Will you comment?
您如何评价呢
I think our unanimous vote is all the commentary you need.
我认为我们一致的选票就是你想要的评论
Now the president endorsed your race uh
总统在国情咨文中
your mother's vacant seat uh during the State of the Union.
背书了您竞选接替你母亲
He sure did and I'm proud to be the frontrunner.
是的,作为领跑者我很骄傲
Did that endorsement have anything to do
这背书会不会跟您
with your support of the First Lady?
对第一夫人的支持有关呢
Look I won't deny that the Underwoods have been good to me.
我不会否认安德伍德夫妇对我很好
But no. They asked me to vote for Catherine Durant.
但不是的,他们叫我投给凯瑟琳?杜兰特
And while I think Secretary Durant
虽然我认为杜兰特国务卿
would be a wonderful woman for the job
会是这项工作的好人选
I think Claire is the best woman for the job.
但我觉得克莱尔是最好的人选
Well I really appreciate it Diane
我真的很感激,戴安
and I know Cathy will as well.
我知道凯茜也会很感激的
All right we'll speak soon.
好吧,再联络
New draft.
新草稿
LeAnn wanted me to work in some phrases...
莉安让我再改改一些用词...
and keyword amplifiers.
和一些关键强调词
All I'm asking is that you make the call.
我只求你打个电话
He'll listen if it comes from you.
如果是你说,他会听的
It seems very clunky.
好生硬
I agree.
我同意
Is there a way to...
能不能...
put in what she wants and make it...
写出她想要的但写得...
more elegant? He's still pissed about
更优雅一点,他还在为,
that limpdick defense bill I killed when I was whip...
我在担任党鞭时否决的没用国防法案生气
Maybe... but I have my limitations.
也许吧...但我有我的限制
Well you don't have much faith in her analytics I don't think.
我觉得你不太相信她的分析
It's paint by numbers.
都是用数字在说话
Yes well she also says
是啊,她还说
that you've been alienating some of the other speechwriters.
你一直在疏远其他讲稿撰写人
Eh well their mediocrity is what's alienating them.
他们的平庸才是他们被疏远的原因
I'm allergic to it.
我对那个过敏
I work better alone. Let me speak to Bryce
我独自工作更好,让我跟布赖斯谈谈,
and then see what I can do.
看看我能做点什么
That's right. WestCAM should do it.
没错,让韦斯特电子来做
Well tonight if you can.
最好是今晚
The morning is fine if you can't...
实在不行就早上...
I have to go. Let's discuss the speech later.
我得走了,晚点再讨论讲稿吧
Yeah all I need is just three more from your state
对,我只需要你们州再来三票
and we've got it.
我们就赢了
Yes just a... just a few more.
对,就再多几票
Like three.
三票
Yes and so do I. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
对,我也是,我们明天再聊
Good night.
晚安
Tom.
汤姆
I feel like we haven't even had a chance to say hello
你来之后,我们都没时间
since you came on board.
打个招呼
You're a busy man.
你是个大忙人
I don't know the opposite.
我从来没闲下来过
It has its upsides. Like sleep.
也有好处,比如睡眠
And friends.
还有朋友
How's the uh...
那个怎么样了
You know if it weren't for the pills
要不是得吃药
I could go through entire days without even thinking about it.
我一整天都不会想到这事
I wonder what that kid would think...
不知道那孩子如果知道
if he knew that part of him was inside of the president's body.
他成了总统身体的一部分会怎么想
www.ZiMuZu.tv
最新美剧下载
Tragic huh?
真悲剧
But then again
但话又说回来
one man's tragedy is another man's treasure
一个人的悲剧是另一个人的宝藏
isn't that right? Trash.
是不是,垃圾,
What?
什么
"One man's trash." That's how the saying goes.
"一个人的垃圾"应该这么说,
Oh right.
对了
How's the speech coming?
讲稿怎么样了
Well this is for the introduction to your acceptance speech but...
这是你提名演讲的先导讲话,但...
shouldn't it be for her own acceptance?
不该是她自己的提名演讲吗
You want Claire to win not Durant.
你想让克莱尔赢,而不是杜兰特
A First Lady as the...
第一夫人当...
That's ludicrous.
真荒唐
I don't think so.
我不这么认为
And I don't think you do either.
而且我觉得你也不
Maybe I'm wrong.
也许我错了
But if I'm right...
但如果我说得对
she's gonna need the speech to end all speeches.
她会需要一份终结者性的讲稿
And it would be good for me to know that.
提前让我有准备会比较好
I have some more work to do.
我还有其他事
Governor! How are you?
州长,你好吗
Yeah well I wish I was in Oregon too
对,我也希望我在俄勒冈州
but I'm here in Atlanta
但我现在在亚特兰大
where it's muggier than a street hooker's twat.
这里比站街女的屄还湿热
I am honored to be mentioned
能和国务卿杜兰特以及
with Secretary Durant and Senator Baker.
贝克参议员相提并论,我倍感荣幸
They're seasoned politicians.
他们都是经验丰富的政治家
But I already have a job
但我已经有工作了
First Lady of the United States.
美国的第一夫人
Well Texas is over 5% of the vote.
德克萨斯州的选票占比超过5%
And my home state so let's not make more of it than it is.
也是我的家乡,所以别想得太多了
Claire!
克莱尔
Congratulations. I think you're in fifth place now.
祝贺你,你现在已经是第五名了
Yeah with you in first where you should be.
对,而你是当之无愧的第一
Secretary Durant do you think the First Lady has a shot?
杜兰特国务卿,您认为第一夫人有机会吗
I think Texas just gave her one.
我觉得德州给了她一次机会
Kidding aside do you think
不开玩笑
she has the foreign policy experience?
您认为她有外交经验吗
It's beside the point. And like I said this morning
这无关紧要,而且我今早说过
I encourage everyone including Texas
我鼓励所有人,也包括德州人
to vote for Secretary Durant.
给杜兰特国务卿投票
Mrs. Underwood
安德伍德夫人
You know what if you'll excuse me
失陪一下
I want to get back to the phones
我想继续去打电话
make sure Cathy gets this nomination.
确保凯茜得到提名
Thank you. May I have a moment?
谢谢,能单独说句话吗,
Oh of course.
当然
Did anyone ask you about Brandenburg
有没有人问过你勃兰登堡的事
or any of your people and your involvement there?
或者问过你的手下,打探你在其中的角色
Brandenburg?
勃兰登堡
No we put that to bed.
没有,我们不是都解决了
That's what I thought
我之前也这么以为
which is why I was surprised when Adam Gould told me
所以亚当?古尔德告诉我
that he had sources saying you deserved all the credit.
知情人说功劳全是你的时,我很惊讶
We all agreed to what our version of the story is
我们都统一了说法
so somebody isn't toeing the line.
这么说有人不听话了
Well I'm sure it's not White House staff.
肯定不是白宫的工作人员
I bet he's just fishing trying to start some rivalry.
他肯定只是在瞎猜,想挑拨对立
Well I'd be grateful if he asks you or anyone else
那样就好了,如果他问你或者其他人
Of course. And I've been sticking to our story...
当然,而且我一直坚持我们的说法
which it was you that got the Russians to back down
是你让俄国人做出让步
and I was just there to support you.
我到那儿只是去支持你
That wouldn't look good to the delegates
代表们如果知道不会满意的
the fact that you met with Petrov without me.
是你单独和佩特罗夫见了面
It would look like I wasn't in command of
会看上去像我根本没控制住...
No one needs to know what we discussed.
我们讨论的内容不需要让人知道
You have nothing to worry about Cathy. Honestly.
你没什么可担心的,凯茜,真的
Well yeah. I can get you on the phone
对,我可以帮你接通
with the Secretary of Agriculture
农业部长的电话
but if you want drought relief
但如果你想抗旱救灾
I'm gonna need more than just Stevens and Lopez.
那只有史蒂文斯和洛佩兹可远远不够
Has anything been set up with Baker yet?
贝克那边有什么安排吗
Tomorrow morning in his room.
明早在他的房里
Well that's cutting it close.
这卡得也太紧了
He's at a big dinner with
他今晚还要和
the Florida congressional delegation tonight.
佛罗里达国会代表团吃饭
Well all right and call me back.
那好,请务必回电
The rumors have gotten to Cathy.
凯茜已经听见风声了
Well we did want them to spread. That was the idea.
我们本来就是想把风声传出去
I think one of us needs to speak with her.
我们得有人找她谈谈
Yeah but the plan was to wait till it was inevitable.
但计划是要等到万不得已再去
If we don't involve her sooner than later Francis
如果我们不尽快把她拉进来,弗兰西斯
she could turn on us.
她可能会背叛我们
All right you take your meeting with Baker.
那好,你去见贝克
I'll talk to Cathy. You set that up. Yes sir.
我去和凯茜谈,你去定时间,好,先生,
How much are you going to say?
你打算说到什么地步
Just enough to prepare her.
让她做好准备就行
A lot of calls about Mrs. Underwood in Russia.
不少人来电问安德伍德夫人和俄国的事
Denying?
你否认了
Ignoring which is the same as confirming.
我无视了,基本上就是等于默认了
Good. Claire in there?
很好,克莱尔在里面吗,
She's speaking privately with the president.
她正在和总统谈私事
Oh I'm sure she won't mind.
我进去她不会介意的
Where are we with LeAnn?
查莉安查得怎么样了
She's clean. No.
她没有问题,不可能,
I refuse to believe that.
我不相信
Doug if our campaign manager bites the dust
道格,如果我们的竞选经理完蛋了
that hurts us.
这对我们没有好处
I gave you a task.
这是我给你的任务
And I'll keep at it.
我继续查
Nice coverage on the liver thing this morning.
今早捐肝的新闻做得漂亮
I emailed you some links.
我给你发了些链接
Boys are older now both married.
孩子们都大了,结婚了
Got a third grandkid on the way.
第三个孙子也要出世了
We don't get out to the lake much these days.
如今我们不怎么去湖边了
Washington takes its toll.
混首都圈代价不小啊
It sure does.
那是自然
I've made a lot of sacrifices over the years Mrs. Underwood.
我这些年牺牲了不少,安德伍德夫人
Time with my boys that's a big one.
最主要的就是没时间陪孩子
Who knows if I'll win but I'm in the mix.
我不知道能不能赢,但我参与进来了
And I can't sacrifice this opportunity
我不能牺牲这次机会
to pave the way for Cathy Durant.
为凯茜?杜兰特铺路
You won't win Senator. We both know that.
你赢不了的,参议员,你我都清楚
But I can't help her.
可我不能帮她
Now I realize you two don't get along.
我知道你们两个有分歧
She despises me.
她看不惯我
And I have to say the feeling is mutual.
而老实说,我对她也是一样
Well listen The moment she became Secretary of State
听着,她一就任国务卿,
she got the Republicans to
她就让共和党人
remove me from the Foreign Relations Committee.
把我从外事委员会赶出来了
And Francis was very upset about that.
弗兰西斯对此很不高兴
But that was the past.
可这都是过去的事了
Let's talk about the future.
我们还是放眼未来吧
This support for Claire it's caught us both off guard.
党内对克莱尔如此支持,你我都没想到
But you are my choice for vice president.
但我要你来做副总统
Nothing has changed on that front.
这一点不会变
Well my only concern are the rumors.
我只是担心那些传言
They could damage my chances.
的确会威胁我的胜算
Yes. And we'll do what we can to combat those.
是,我们会想办法应对的
That's what Claire said too and it's much appreciated.
克莱尔也是这么说的,我很感激
But if andOh God it's a big if.
但是如果,仅仅是如果
But what if...
但是如果
support for Claire picks up steam...
对克莱尔的支持成了气候
Well you don't actually think that will happen?
你不是真以为有这可能吧
Oh no. I mean a First Lady as VP?
当然不了,第一夫人哪能当副总统
No.
怎么会
The party wants someone with experience and so does the country.
党内想要个有经验的人,人民也是
Absolutely.
那是当然
But... it is an open convention
但这次是开放党代会
and so we have to operate
所以我们必须
with the belief that anything could happen.
准备应对一切可能发生的情况
I mean the press is certainly enjoying imagining it.
媒体是对这个想法十分感兴趣
Well sure. It makes for a good story.
那可不,这种头条赚销量呢
Yeah and it's the kind of coverage that we can't really control.
而这种新闻我们也没办法控制
You know I mean
我是说
these things have a way of taking on a life of their own.
这种风声会自己落地生根
Like the Zoe Barnes story
就像佐伊?巴恩斯的报道
did about my nomination for Secretary of State.
影响了我担任国务卿的提名
Except that one we planted.
只不过那是我们设计好的
And this one you didn't. No absolutely not!
这次你没有吗,当然没有,
I mean Claire was mortified by those votes.
克莱尔都不知道怎么回应这些支持票
What you're saying is if the coverage influences enough people...
你是说,如果新闻报道影响了足够多的人
Well we have to be prepared for that.
我们必须有所准备
I mean...
当然了
of course politically it would be a disaster.
从政治角度讲,这简直是灾难
Maybe maybe not.
也许是,也许不是
You don't think so?
你觉得不一定吗
Well personally I think Claire would do an excellent job.
我个人觉得克莱尔会非常称职
Well I am very surprised to hear you say that.
你这么说我实在是没想到
You don't believe she would?
你不相信她会吗
Well I've just never really considered it.
我只是从来没这么想过
The First Lady? As vice president?
第一夫人,当副总统
Well 251 delegates think it's a good idea.
有251个党代表支持这个想法
Well most of those were from Texas which was a lark.
他们大多来自德州,那只是玩笑
Was it?
是吗
I have as many delegates as you do Senator.
支持我的党代表不比你少,参议员
But if you start pushing yours my way... You double.
但如果你开始支持我,你得票翻倍,
And take the lead.
并且票数最多
And then Cathy puts you over the top. That's the idea.
然后凯茜再支持你获得提名,就是这样,
So she's in on this?
她也支持你吗
She will be.
她会的
Well let's say Claire does take the lead
假设克莱尔真的票数领先
however unlikely that may be...
先不管可能性有多大吧
Very unlikely I would say. Well let's say she does.
我看基本不可能,先假设她领先了,
What do you propose?
你打算怎么办
I honestly don't know.
我还真不知道
Well you'd have to support her wouldn't you?
你肯定得支持她吧
You... you can't abandon your own wife.
你总不能抛弃自己的妻子
Uh true but I can't abandon you either.
那倒是,可我也不能放弃你啊
Well if she took the lead
如果她真的领先了
I suppose I'd have to support her too.
我想我也得支持她了
No I would never ask you to do that.
我绝不会要求你做那样的事
But you don't have to ask. We're on the same team here.
你不必要求我,我们是一边的
Well to be perfectly blunt...
那我就直接问了
what's in it for me?
我有什么好处
What would it take?
你想要什么好处
You're doing the selling. Make me an offer.
来推销的是你,你说说吧
Let's say Claire gets it.
假设克莱尔成功了
I assume I stay on if you get the general.
如果你赢了的话,我可以留任吧
Oh absolutely.
那肯定
I cannot imagine the next
我可不敢想像
four years without you being my Secretary of...
接下来的四年里没有你来当美国的...
State.
国务卿,
You'd give me Cathy's job?
你要把凯茜的工作给我
We're prepared to.
我们是这么打算的
Doug. Madam Secretary.
道格,国务卿女士,
We have an issue sir.
出了个问题,先生
When I first warned the president that ICO would grow
当我最早警告总统哈里发国会不断壮大
and grow quickly he did nothing.
并迅速扩张时,他什么都没做
Yesterday the leaders of ICO sent out this tweet.
昨天哈里发国领袖发了这条推特
"As Suwar is ours.
"苏瓦尔已被我们夺下,
Soon heads will roll into the Euphrates."
幼发拉底河将被鲜血染红"
That wasn't just in Arabic that was in English
那不是用阿拉伯文写的,而是英语
and sent out in 16 other languages.
以及其他16种语言
They're media savvy they're recruiting around the globe.
他们善用媒体攻势,在全球范围内招募人手
They have the money and the manpower now.
他们现在资金和人手都很充裕
Once they get to the Euphrates
一旦他们进入幼发拉底河流域
they'll have a choke hold on northern Syria.
他们将扼住北叙利亚的命门
We must act Mr. President and we must act now.
我们必须采取行动,总统先生,马上行动
Normally there's a tradition of sportsmanship
一般来说,党代会有种
when it comes to conventions.
传统的竞争精神
One candidate lays low
一名候选人保持低调
so the other gets his or her moment in the spotlight.
让另一名候选人得到最大关注
But not only is the president
但是总统不仅
ignoring a great threat to the world's security
在无视一个重大的世界安全威胁
he's insulted the one man who stood up and spoke out for us all.
他还侮辱了唯一站出来为我们大声疾呼的人
When this profile came out
这篇详细阐述了
about everything the general just mentioned
将军刚刚所说的内容的专访发行后
the White House said that he was politicizing terrorism.
白宫竟然指责他利用恐怖主义做政治文章
And when I announced that General Brockhart
而当我宣布布洛哈特将军
was going to be my running mate
将成为我的竞选伙伴后
the president's campaign said and I quote
总统竞选团队竟称,我原话引用
"It's a shame the general traded in patriotism for careerism."
"为将军拿爱国换仕途的行径感到惋惜"
Now I don't call that very sportsmanlike.
这可实在是称不上竞争精神
I call it disgraceful.
这就是下作
How many wars has the president fought for his country?
总统为这个国家打过几场仗
I think we all know none.
我们都知道,一次都没有
And he questions the patriotism of a man who has fought in many?
而他却质疑这位曾多次为国而战的人的爱国心
You hear me Mr. President.
你听好,总统先生
I demand that you do something about ICO.
我要求你对哈里发国采取措施
And I demand that you make an apology to the general.
我要求你对将军道歉
And we're not leaving Atlanta until you've done both.
你不做到这两点,我们就不离开亚特兰大
Live on every network right now.
各大电视台都在直播
I gotta hand it to him.
他这步棋我服气
I wonder if this was his idea
不知道是不是他自己的主意
it's almost something like I would do.
因为都有点我的风格了,'cause
We ignore him. It's 95 degrees. Let him sweat it out.
不管他,外面35度呢,让他熬下去吧
I think the longer we ignore him the more attention they'll get.
我们越是不理他,他得到的关注就会越高
I agree with LeAnn.
我同意莉安
So apologize.
那就道歉吧
It's only pride.
无非是面子而已
I can do it if you want sir.
如果您同意,我可以来道歉,先生
I wrote the statement.
是我写的声明
No it only works if it comes from Francis.
不,只有弗兰西斯亲自出面才管用
Claire's right.
克莱尔说得对
And we can do more than just apologize.
除了道歉,我们还可以做更多
I can meet with the bastard.
我可以和这混蛋见面
The issues the governor and the general raise are important ones.
州长和将军指出的问题都非常重要
They transcend party affiliations and quite frankly politics.
这超越两党分歧,甚至超越政治
And so in that spirit I'm inviting the governor
所以有鉴于此,我在此邀请州长
to come here and join me
来到这里和我见面
so that we can have a conversation privately because...
这样我们可以举行闭门会谈,因为
whoever becomes the president is going to have to deal with ICO
无论最终谁当选,都要对付哈里发国
and all of the other terrorist threats that we face around the globe.
以及我们在世界各地面临的其他恐怖威胁
So I'm looking forward to hearing
所以我期待听到
whatever ideas and solutions that they may have...
他们可能有的任何想法和方案
because a smart president will steal good ideas from anyone.
因为聪明的总统会想偷任何人的好主意
Let's kill them with kindness shall we?
我们用仁慈干掉他们吧
Governor. Mr. President.
州长,总统先生,
Would you please put the General on the line?
请让将军接一下电话好吗
Sir?
先生
General...
将军
your service to this country is greatly valued
你对这个国家的贡献深受看重
and your patriotism is without doubt.
你的爱国精神也是不可置疑的
And in the heat of the campaign well we went too far.
在激烈的竞选之中,我们过火了
We issued statements that we shouldn't have
我们发表了不该发表的声明
and for that I want to apologize
为此我要向你道歉
and I do hope that you will accept it.
希望你能接受
Far more important to me than an apology
对我而言,除掉哈里发国
is eliminating ICO Mr. President.
远比道歉重要,总统先生
I couldn't agree with your more General.
我非常赞同,将军
If you'd be so kind as to put the Governor back on the phone.
麻烦你把电话交回给州长
I received your invitation Mr. President.
我收到你的邀请了,总统先生
And will you join us Governor?
那你会来吗,州长
Only if it leads to real action not just talk.
得是为了行动,而不是空谈才行
I can promise you Governor
我向你保证,州长
and the rest of America that it will not just be talk.
也向整个美国保证,不会是空谈
Then yes. If it truly leads to securing our freedom.
那好,如果真有助于保卫自由的话
Thank you very much. I look forward to seeing you.
非常感谢,我期待与你见面
Thank you all very much.
感谢大家
Right this way Governor.
这边请,州长
Do you think this a good idea?
你觉得这样好吗
What choice do I have? He called my bluff.
我还有什么选择,他接我的招了
Welcome Governor.
欢迎,州长
Thank you Mr. President.
谢谢,总统先生
I have a room set up for us.
我安排了一个房间
Here.
来,
Have some lunch.
吃些午餐
We've got ham and I think some turkey.
我们有火腿,还有些火鸡
I'm good but thanks.
不用了,谢谢
Really?
真的吗
After the stunt you just pulled I would've thought you love ham.
呢
You put this here on purpose.
你特意放在这里的
Well a little reading material you know.
一点读物
Something to pass the time.
作为消遣
I just got a text from Ben Grant saying
我刚收到本?格兰特的短信
searches for this issue is
说我们来这里后
going through the roof since we showed up here.
对这一期的搜索量爆表
Ben Grant owns Pollyhop...
本?格兰特是波利跳的老板
That's right.
没错
And you own Ben Grant.
而他又是你的人
Isn't that what power is? The people you collect?
这不就是权力吗,你能揽到的人
You really screwed me with that webcast.
你那网络直播真是害惨我了
I had everything all planned out.
我本来把一切都安排好了
The Federal Election Commission the Department of Justice.
联邦选举委员会,司法部
I was looking forward to watching you go down in flames...
我就等着看你灰飞烟灭呢
maybe even behind bars.
甚至锒铛入狱
Well I'm sorry I ruined your fun.
抱歉让你扫兴了
It's a bit embarrassing though isn't it?
不过挺难堪的,不是吗
I'm proud of my family. Why would I be embarrassed?
我为我的家庭骄傲,怎么会难堪呢
Well just that you have to stoop so low to win everyone's love.
为了赢得所有人的喜爱,要屈尊至此
It feels a bit desperate doesn't it?
看起来挺绝望的,不是吗
You're 15 points behind in every poll.
你在所有民调中都落后15个百分点
So if anyone's desperate it should be you.
绝望的人应该是你
Well the key to being President
做总统的关键
is not only winning your battles
不只在于赢得胜利
it's winning them with dignity.
而是要赢得有尊严
Should we talk about ICO?
我们谈不谈哈里发国了
Oh God. Why would we want to do that?
老天,我们为什么要谈这个呢
It's why we're meeting.
这是我们会面的原因
Oh right.
对了
"Real talk real action."
"真正的谈话,真正的行动"
That's what you're all about isn't it?
那就是你关注的,是吗
Well I suppose we could if you want to but...
如果你想谈,我们可以谈,不过
then again we could just take a break from it all
我们也可以把这一切暂时放下
and relax a bit.
放松一下
God.
老天
This turkey tastes like rubber.
这火鸡一股橡胶味
Well it's better than eating a real one.
要好
Oh I always wear protection
我被民主党人吹箫时
when I'm getting my dick sucked by the Democrats.
总是要做好保护措施
You okay?
你没事吧
I'm fine. I'm fine.
没事,没事
Don't make me laugh when I'm eating. I nearly choked to death.
我吃东西时别和我开玩笑,我差点噎死
Well that is one way for me to become president.
那倒是让我当上总统的一个办法
Here you go. Thank you.
给,谢谢,
You okay? Oh yeah.
你还好吧,嗯,
Do you mind if I take these off?
你介意我脱掉吗
They're brand new and I'm still breaking 'em in.
是崭新的鞋,还没磨合好呢
You like to play video games right?
你喜欢玩电子游戏,对吧
Now how did you hear about that?
你从哪听说的
Tom Yates.
汤姆?耶茨
Oh yes.
对了
Tom Yates.
汤姆?耶茨
That's one person you weren't able to collect were you?
这个人你没能揽到,是不是
What did you do to get him back?
你是怎么把他招回来的
Oh look I'm sure he was tempted.
他肯定动过心的
He is a fiction writer after all.
毕竟他是个写小说的
You're a New York Republican.
而你是个纽约的共和党人
That's an attractive fiction isn't it?
这种虚构的剧情太诱人了,是不是
And you're a Democrat from South Carolina
你是个来自南卡罗莱纳的民主党
that's even bigger fiction.
这更像虚构的情节
Well there you go.
你说对了
And I'm a New York Republican which is basically a Democrat.
而且我是个纽约的共和党,基本上就是民主党
If you were a Democrat you'd be unstoppable.
如果你是民主党人,那没有人可以阻挡你
You'd be the new JFK.
你绝对是新一代肯尼迪
And if you were a Republican who'd you be? Nixon?
如果你是共和党,那你会是谁,尼克松吗
Nixon was a far more effective president.
尼克松可是个高效得多的总统
The only reason people glorify Kennedy is because he got shot.
人们崇拜肯尼迪只是因为他被爆头了
Well you've got that going for you too now don't you?
你不是也挨了一枪吗
And you've got your search engine
而你有你的搜索引擎
and all your little home videos.
和你的家庭视频
See if people want a piece of you...
如果人们想了解你
you give it to them right?
你就满足他们,对不对
Oh is that what people want?
这就是人们想要的吗
A piece of you?
了解你
Do you play video games?
你玩电子游戏吗
No. My kids do.
不,但我孩子玩
There's this one game that my son Charlie he loves to play.
我儿子查理特别爱玩一个游戏
It's called Agar.Io.
名字叫"细胞吞噬"
I have to admit I might have played it a couple of times myself.
我得承认我自己时不时也玩一玩
You start out as a little dot.
你一开始只是一个小点
And then you go around
然后你四处移动
eating these other dots and you get bigger.
吞噬其他的点,你就会变得更大
And the bigger you get
而你变大之后
you gotta avoid getting eaten by the bigger players.
就得避免被其他玩家更大的点吃掉
Meanwhile you're trying to eat the smaller players.
与此同时你还要继续吞噬比你小的点
Sounds a little like running for president.
听着挺像总统竞选的
So are you playing with real people right now?
那么现在和你对战的都是真人吗
Yeah. From all over the world.
没错,来自全世界的玩家
Here you try it.
来,你试试
Oh I got eaten. Press that.
呀,我被吞了,按这个键,
Ah oh I see. It makes you small again.
我明白了,我又变小了
Yeah you gotta start over from square one every single time.
对,你每次重玩都得重头开始
Oh God. I got eaten again.
我的天,我又被吞了
I wonder what the other players would think
如果其他玩家知道对手是什么人
if they knew who they were playing against.
不知道会怎么想
Oh I'm rather enjoying the anonymity.
我倒挺喜欢匿名的
This is unprecedented.
这真是史无前例
The president and Governor Conway
总统和康威州长
are meeting right now at the convention hall.
正在大会会场举行闭门会谈
Two candidates face to face.
两名候选人面对面
They've been in there for about ten minutes
他们已经进去十分钟了
supposedly discussing the ICO situation.
据说在讨论如何应对哈里发国问题
Now while the private meeting between the two candidates
而两名总统候选人继续进行
continues behind closed doors
闭门会谈的同时
delegates on the floor
场内代表们正在
are gearing up for the next round of voting for...
准备进行下一轮投票
We should head down. The next ballot is starting soon.
我们得下去了,下一轮投票马上就要开始了
I'll be down in a minute. In the second round of voting
我马上就去,在第二轮投票中,
a quarter of the delegates changed their votes
四分之一的代表改变了选择
support for First Lady Claire Underwood is picking up steam
支持第一夫人安德伍德的声音越来越强烈
thanks in part to today's breaking story
这要部分归功于今天的头条新闻
about Mrs. Underwood's involvement in the Brandenburg negotiations.
称安德伍德夫人在勃兰登堡会谈中立下大功
A single vote from Senator Scott Sheer
参议员斯考特?希尔投下的一张支持票
expanded to support from the entire Texas delegation.
扩展到整个德州代表团转而支持第一夫人
You've uh got a call.
你好像,有个电话
Yeah I better take that. They only call if it's important.
我最好接下,肯定是大事,他们才会打给我
Yeah this is Will.
我是威尔
Yes put it through.
好,转接过来吧
Um excuse me. Sure.
失陪,没事,
Go ahead.
说吧
Damn! Nothing.
可恶,什么都听不到
The fog of war.
这是战争迷雾
A back room within a back room.
暗箱里的暗箱
Whatever's being plotted in there
不管他在里面搞什么阴谋
I can tell you it's no good for me.
肯定对我不利
You know it's at times like these I wish I was Nixon
每到这种时候我都巴不得是尼克松
had every nook and cranny bugged.
严密监听着每一个角角落落
Mr. President? Your colleague.
总统先生,你那个同事,
How targeted can he get?
他的定向性有多高
We really shouldn't be discussing this over the phone.
我们实在不该在电话里讨论这些事
Can he isolate a specific person?
他能单独针对一个人吗
Technically yes but
技术上讲可以,但是
A conversation?
一段特定的对话呢
There are catch mechanisms in the program to prevent that.
程序中写入了防窃听的抓取机制
He can override but it leaves a trail.
他可以进行破解,但会留下痕迹
He's still figuring out how to mask it.
他还在研究如何掩盖痕迹
Our friend from New York.
我们纽约来的朋友
I want to know what he's saying right now.
我想知道他现在正在说什么
Sir I strongly advise against that.
先生,我表示强烈反对
I also advise that we hang up.
我也建议我们挂电话
All right I'm hanging up.
好吧,我挂了
Governor should we head out?
州长,我们该出去了吧
Just a moment Mr. President.
马上,总统先生
There's a great deal of anticipation in Atlanta...
目前对于亚特兰大有很大期待...
Who was that?
谁打来的
The president. He just wanted the latest delegate count.
总统,他想知道最新的代表投票数
...and we're minutes away from the next ballot.
...下一轮投票还有几分钟就开始了,
Here's a graphic of the last round yesterday.
这是昨晚投的上一轮票的图表
Secretary Catherine Durant led the way
国务卿凯瑟琳?杜兰特
with 22% of delegates.
以22%的代表票数领先
Doug hates it.
道格很不高兴
He hates what?
他不高兴什么
That you have direct access to the president
你可以直接接触总统
without going through him.
不用通过他
He wants you gone.
他希望你走人
Doug told you that?
道格这么跟你说的
He wants me to dig something up on you.
他要我找你的把柄
I haven't found anything yet.
我还没找到
And you won't because there isn't anything.
你不会找到的,因为我没有把柄
I know. Otherwise I would've found it by now.
我知道,否则我现在已经找到了
Why are you telling me this?
你为什么要跟我说这个
Because either you're gone or I am if I don't deliver.
因为如果不是你走,我做不到,我就得走
Unless you give me something.
除非你给我点什么
...First Lady Claire Underwood
第一夫人克莱尔?安德伍德,
a surprising fifth place show...
惊人地出现在第五位
It can be small. Nothing too damaging.
可以是个小把柄,没什么大危害的
Just so I have something to show him.
只要让我有东西给他看
In my 30 years of covering presidential politics
在我报道总统选举的三十年职业生涯中
I've never seen anything like it.
从未见过这样的事
Sorry about that.
不好意思
That's all right.
没关系
Shall we go out? The next ballot is about to start.
我们出去吧,下轮投票马上要开始了
You want to watch it together?
你想一起看吗
It might look better the longer we're in here.
我们在这里面越久,可能看起来越好
Like we grappled with the future of America.
就像我们为美国的未来搏斗了一番似的
Unless you'd rather be out there with the masses.
除非你想出去跟群众在一起
Oh Christ. The masses.
天呐,群众们
I feel the same way. We will now commence
我也是这么觉得,我们现在开始,
the third ballot
为我们党
for the nomination of our party's vice presidential candidate.
副总统候选人提名进行第三轮投票
We will start with Alabama.
我们从阿拉巴马州开始
Madam Secretary
秘书长女士
the great state of Alabama
伟大的阿拉巴马州
for Vice President of the United States
在美国副总统投票上
casts 29 votes for Secretary Catherine Durant
29票投给国务卿凯瑟琳?杜兰特
votes for the First Lady Claire Underwood
26票投给第一夫人克莱尔?安德伍德,26
and our three remaining votes for the Mayor of Mobile
剩下的三票投给莫比尔市长
Alabama's own Jane Winthrop.
阿拉巴马州的简?温斯洛普
Roll Tide!
赤色风暴
Alaska you're next.
阿拉斯加州,接下来是你们
Eight votes for Secretary of State Durant
八票投给国务卿杜兰特
six votes for Senator Joseph Baker
六票投给约瑟夫?贝克参议员
four votes for First Lady Claire Underwood.
四票投给第一夫人克莱尔?安德伍德
California
加利福尼亚州
you have 476 votes.
你们有476票
Two hundred and thirtythree for Catherine Durant
233票投给凯瑟琳?杜兰特
for Joseph Baker
152票投给约瑟夫?贝克,152
for Claire Underwood.
91票投给克莱尔?安德伍德,91
That's huge for the First Lady.
那对第一夫人是极大的支持
That puts her in third and she's closing in on second.
让她上升到第三位,并逼近第二位
Delaware.
特拉华州
Twelve for Durant
12票给杜兰特
for Claire Underwood
11票给克莱尔?安德伍德,11
four for Baker.
4票给贝克
Hawaii you're next.
夏威夷州,接下来是你们
Seventeen for the First Lady
17票投给第一夫人
and 14 for Secretary of State Catherine Durant.
14票投给国务卿凯瑟琳?杜兰特
She's got a real shot.
她真的有机会
Unbelievable!
难以置信
Well not so unbelievable.
也没有那么难以置信
Fortyfour votes for Catherine Durant
44票投给凯瑟琳?杜兰特
votes for Claire Underwood.
35票投给克莱尔?安德伍德,35
Louisiana
路易斯安那州
you have 61 votes.
你们有61票
How do you cast them?
你们怎么投
Madam Secretary...
秘书长女士
Louisiana casts its 61 votes for President of the United States
路易斯安那州把61票投给国务卿凯瑟琳?杜兰特
to Secretary of State Catherine Durant.
竞选美利坚合众国总统
Louisiana I assume you mean vice president.
路易斯安那州,你想说的是副总统吧
I mean president.
我说的就是总统
Madam Secretary the state of Louisiana
秘书长女士,路易斯安那州
believes this convention should be open
认为这次大会应该向
for all parts of the ticket including president.
所有位置开放,包括总统
Louisiana!
路易斯安那州
Louisiana!
路易斯安那州
As the convention agreed to yesterday morning
正如大会昨天上午达成的共识
we are taking vice presidential nominations first
我们会先选出副总统候选人
in order for that process to take place over the full convention.
以在全面大会上进行那一程序
We have one candidate for president.
我们只有一位总统候选人
Any further discussion on that balloting
任何关于该项投票的讨论
will be taken up after the vice presidential nomination process
将放在副总统提名程序
is complete.
完成之后
If you do not cast your votes you will forfeit them.
如果你不把票投出去的话,视为弃权
Madam Secretary we Louisiana
秘书长女士,我们路易斯安那州
cast our 61 votes for vice president
把副总统提名的61票
also for Catherine Durant.
还是投给凯瑟琳?杜兰特
Louisiana.
路易斯安那州
I work for the man. I'm on his cabinet.
我跟他干过,是他的内阁成员
Would you run against him if his nomination were in play?
如果你获得提名,你会同他竞争吗
My goal is to run with the president not against him.
我的目标是和总统一起参选,而非互相竞争
Look I love my home state of Louisiana
听着,我爱我的家乡,路易斯安那
but they're a live bunch... She'd do a good job.
但他们很热情,她会胜任的,
She's a much better Secretary of State though.
不过她做国务卿会更出色
I'm confident this will all work itself out.
我相信事情最终会得到解决的
I've considered keeping her on after you lose.
我考虑过你败选之后保留她的位置
Have you spoken to President Underwood about their defection?
你有没有就他们的倒戈与安德伍德总统沟通过
Not yet but I'll be speaking with him shortly I imagine.
还没有,但我想我们很快就会与他谈话的
Hey this is part of what a...
不过大会的意义...
Your call. ...convention is all about.
你那通电话,就在于此,
I wish I could take credit but... but she called me.
我也想能居功,但是她找的我
Then again when opportunity strikes...
不过说回来,当机会到来的时候
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Definitely not the way to win with dignity.
这绝对不算赢得有尊严
Durant commenting on her home state of Louisiana.
杜兰特就她的家乡路易斯安那发表评论,
If you win at all.
如果你这能赢的话
We should get back out there.
我们该出去了
You've got a nomination to fight for.
你还得争取提名呢
The president and I we had a great talk.
总统和我的谈话非常顺利
We uh even watched the vote together.
我们甚至还一起观看了投票
But I'm sure you'd rather hear from him on that than me.
但是我想你们肯定更想听他怎么说
Well thank you Governor.
谢谢,州长
Today has certainly been full of surprises hasn't it?
今天还真是充满意外,不是吗
But then again
但是话说回来
Louisiana is the state that gave us Huey Long after all.
毕竟休伊?朗就来自路易斯安那州,该州前州长,政绩出色,竞选总统时遇刺
As much as I would like to discuss this
虽然我很想讨论这个话题
I have to get on with the business
但是我必须着手开始处理
that the governor and I have just discussed
州长和我刚刚探讨的那些问题
because the business of the presidency trumps running for it.
因为当总统比竞选总统重要得多
Thank you Governor. Thank you Mr. President.
谢谢,州长,谢谢,总统先生,
Thank you all very much.
非常感谢各位
I'm happy to answer...
我很愿意回答
I want Cathy in my room now.
马上把凯茜叫到我的房间
I already called her. She refuses to meet.
我已经给她打过电话了,她拒绝会面
She what? That's what she said
她什么,她就是这么说的,
and then she hung up.
然后她就把电话挂了
Her staff won't return my calls either.
她的手下也不回我电话
For this to work you have to go back to Washington.
这事想办成,你必须回华盛顿去
I can't leave while you're dealing with this.
我不能抛下你一个人处理这件事
If you stay it will look like you're taking advantage
如果你留下的话,大家会觉得你在从中渔利
and campaigning for it.
并且真的在参选
And the key is to make it look like you're not.
而这件事的关键就在于让人觉得你没这意思
I'll speak with Cathy.
我会找凯茜谈的
No look I've got that covered.
不用,我已经在处理了
Question is how we justify your going.
问题是我们怎么解释你的离开
It's not Washington.
不去华盛顿
It should be Texas.
应该去德州
Your mother. It worked before.
你母亲,上次就好使,
I'll leave first thing in the morning.
我明天一早就走
Take Tom with you.
带上汤姆一起
Tom? Oh he already knows.
汤姆,他已经知道了,
Did you tell him? He put it together.
你告诉他了吗,他自己猜出来了,
He said if you win this thing...
他说,如果你能赢下来的话
you have to give the speech of a lifetime and he's right.
你必须做一次空前绝后的讲话,他说得对
Whatever you say in that convention hall
不管你在大会堂里说了什么
will lay the groundwork for how we sell this
都会给我们把你推向全国
to the rest of the country.
打下基础
And that is why we brought him back right?
而这就是我们叫他回来的原因,对吧
You can sleep like that? Sitting up?
你能坐着就睡着吗
I can sleep anywhere.
我在哪都能睡着
I'm lucky like that.
真挺有福的
We have work to do.
我们有活儿要干
All right let's work.
好吧,那就干活儿
This could be better.
这段得改
Read it for me. Out loud.
对着我大声读出来
I've been my husband's partner in marriage for 29 years.
我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭档已有29年
No.
不行
Slower.
慢点
Like you're going to say it at the convention.
就像你在大会上发言那样
I've been my husband's partner in marriage for 29 years.
我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭档已有29年
Now it's time for me to be..."
现在,到了我
So I can see your face.
这样我能看到你的脸
I've been my husband's partner in marriage for 29 years.
我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭档已有29年
Now it's time for me to be his
现在到了我在接下来的4年中
partner in the White House for the next four.
进入白宫,继续做他的搭档的时候了
You're right.
你说得对
We can do better.
是得改