I would like to ask you to help me obtain a diaphragm.
我想让你帮我装一个隔膜
Is this what the Shearer woman wanted to speak to you about?
这就是那个叫席勒的女人给你说的事
I suppose I'd need two
事实上,我需要两个
one for her and one for me.
一个给她,一个给我
This little shit is sneaking around where he don't belong.
这小混账去了不该去的地方
Dad! You're drunk.
爸爸,你喝醉了
Let go of him right now.
放下他
Or what? Or I'll kill you.
不然怎样, 我会杀了你
There's a new face. He's my muscle.
那是张新面孔, 我的打手
What's in the case? Irons.
箱子里是什么, 熨斗
George Remus, you're under arrest
乔治·雷穆斯
for violating the Volstead Act.
你因违犯禁酒法案被逮捕了
You can't do this. Remus has paid!
你们不能这么做,雷穆斯付了钱
Remus kept receipts! What receipts?
雷穆斯留着收据呢, 什么收据
From Jess Smith, Daugherty's man.
杰西·史密斯的收据,他是达赫提的人
You came. Didn't I say I would?
你来了, 我不是说了要来吗
Aquavit. We're not supposed to drink any
白兰地, 我们不能喝...
Not to drink, to sell.
不是喝,拿去卖
Sell where? On Kedzie Boulevard to Norwegian people there.
卖到哪, 凯茨大道,卖给那的挪威人
When this is all sorted, you and I...
事儿办妥之后,我们...
Why not now?
为什么不现在就走
We'll go as soon as we're able.
等到时机成熟,我们就远走高飞
Joe Masseria is backing Gyp Rosetti.
乔·马赫里亚支持吉普·罗塞蒂
I'm going to fight him. I need your help.
我要和他正面对抗,我需要你们的帮助
Everyone here wishes you
这里的所有人
all the luck in the world.
都祝你好运
Arnold. Arnold.
阿诺德,阿诺德
To all swimmers, bathers, sailors,
致游泳者,沐浴者,航海者
landlubbers, mermaids, sea serpents,
新水手,美人鱼,双头蛇
and other creatures of the deep,
以及其他的深海生物
I, King Neptune, offer greetings.
我,海神,欢迎大家
As ruler of the Seven Seas,
作为七大洋的统帅
lord of the boundless waves,
汪洋大海的主人
high constable of the coral caverns
珊瑚洞穴的保卫者
and uttermost recesses of the depths,
大海深处的治安官
I invite you to feast your eyes on my spellbinding sirens
我邀请大家欣赏我迷人的塞任(半人半鸟的女海妖,常用美妙歌声引诱水手,令船触礁沉没)
and surrender to the allure of seaside enchantment...
沉醉于海滨的魅力中
...to forget about life's stormy seas,
忘却人生的惊涛骇浪
shipwrecks, and typhoons.
忘却人生中的海难台风
This morning, I unlock the joys of summer
今晨,我带来夏日的欢愉
and invite the denizens of Atlantic City to frolic
邀请大西洋城的居民们
in the spume and bubble of my watery depths.
来我大洋中嬉戏
For the next 12 weeks, I command you...
接下来的十二个礼拜,我命令你们...
What the heck is this? Must have fell off a boat.
这什么鬼东西, 从船上掉下来的吧
Whiskey!
威士忌
Look at this!
看
Forget about life's stormy seas...
忘却人生的惊涛骇浪
I can't believe this! Whiskey!
不敢相信, 是威士忌
Whiskey!
威士忌
Why is everyone yelling?
为什么大家那么兴奋
Maybe it's a sea serpent.
可能看到海蛇了
...and typhoons.
台风
Enjoy the pleasures
尽享
of summer and...
夏日的愉悦...
Should I continue?
我要继续吗
Just blow the fucking trumpets
把喇叭吹起
and leave it at that.
就这样就行了
Very mayoral, Ed.
爱德,很有市长风范
Come on, load 'em up. Let's go.
快点,装上,走
My back is killing me. I got these three.
我的背疼死了, 我搬了三箱
A dozen fucking crates.
他妈的十二箱
Two it was more like two. Are you sure?
两箱,貌似是两箱, 你确定
Why not three? Or fuckin' 12?
不是三箱吗,十二箱呢
Two it was two dozen, Gyp.
确定是两箱,吉普
I want to see this pompinaio captain.
我要见见这个操蛋的船长
He said it was crazy out there last night.
他说昨晚状况有点失控
The waves were coming out every which way.
海浪从四面八方扑来
It's a fuckin' ocean, Tonino, doing what it's supposed to!
这他妈的是大海,托尼诺,它应该起浪
Why the fuck ain't he? Could've been rogue waves.
船长应做之事呢, 海浪可能太猛了
What?
什么
My cousin Franco. He's new.
我的堂弟弗朗哥,他是新来的
Whole side of the family is fuckin' yammerers.
我家那边的亲戚都爱发牢骚
Tell me about these waves.
跟我说说海浪
Well, aactually He don't know shit.
那个,其实... 他知道个屁
Worked on my uncle's fishing boat
小时候他在我叔叔的渔船上干过
when he was a kid, so he thinks he knows...
所以他觉得他懂...
Say what you're gonna say.
想说什么,说啊
Nothing.
没什么
It's just sometimes when the wind shifts,
风向转变的时候
waves crash into each other from different directions.
波浪从四面八方层叠起来
And when they do, they make giant waves.
这样,就成了一个大波浪
It's easy to lose cargo if it's not strapped down.
货物没绑好的话,就容易掉进海里
Your father was a fisherman, huh?
你爸爸是个渔夫吗
All his life.
打了一辈子鱼
Well, how come you don't know this shit?
你怎么不知道这些
Well, I didn't His father was your uncle, right?
我不... 他爸爸是你叔叔吧
All right, this car is all filled up.
好了,这车装满了
All right. Let it go. ...bring two here.
好了,开走, 拿两箱过来
Come on.
快点
Fuckin' Sinbad over here.
这里有个辛巴达啊(航海家,出自梦工厂出品的动画故事片《辛巴达七海传奇》)
Good morning, sir. No peddlers.
早上好先生, 小贩勿进
I'd like a moment Oh, go away. I not buy nothing.
请抽一点时间, 走开,我不买东西
What's your name, friend?
朋友,你叫什么名字
My name is "I Not Buy Nothing."
我叫"什么也不买"
Not even a taste of the homeland?
家乡的味道,也不要吗
Aquavit.
白兰地
Perhaps you'd like to discuss this in back?
我们能去里面谈么
This from Norway?
这酒是从挪威来的
Cicero, but it's made by a real Norwegian.
西塞罗来的,不过是挪威人酿的
You no sound like you from Norway. My wife.
你的口音不像挪威人, 我妻子是挪威人
May I?
能倒一杯吗
Ah, it's good.
不错
$6 a bottle.
六元一瓶
You give four to me, I give 20?
我要四瓶,二十元吧
Very well.
成交
You come back later, yeah?
你以后还会来吧
I have more money and I buy more.
我有钱,需要更多的货
Later, yes.
会来的
Thank you.
谢谢
You did not drink your powder.
你没吃药
Gaston Means.
加斯顿·米恩斯
He is on the line.
已经接通了
I'm not to be disturbed. Is that clear?
闲人勿扰,懂吗
Ja.
遵命
I'll begin the discussion, then, shall I?
我开始说咯
A certain individual has manifested
某人已经表现出
every sign of erratic behavior.
怪异的行为了
Jess Smith is Harry Daugherty's problem.
杰西·史密斯是哈利·达赫迪的问题
In my estimation, the attorney general is rather
我估计,司法部长尚未在
perfectly suspended between the bonds of loyalty
在忠诚和自保之间
and the need for selfpreservation.
找到两全之法
So let the son of a bitch hang there. Yes, indeed.
让那个混蛋就那么僵着, 是的没错
But in the meanwhile, the likelihood is high
与此同时,杰西也可能
that Jess will say anything to anybody
给别人透露
regarding everyone he's ever met.
他见过之人的信息
Such is the nature of hysterics.
狗急了会跳墙
Your name would be on that list,
你肯定也考虑到了
as I'm sure you've considered.
他也见过你
So would yours.
他也见过你
Would it be difficult? Mr. Smith?
有何难处, 史密斯先生吗
Some finesse would be required.
需要一些策略
Fortunately, I have experience in these matters.
幸运的是,这些事我有经验
What does that cost?
要多少
40,000.
四万
Are you there?
你在听吗
There are men who would do it for $10.
十元也有人做
And you're free to hire them.
你可以找那些人
I hope you don't choose a surgeon on the same basis.
希望你别找个外科医生
In both cases the outcome can be unexpectedly messy.
不管哪种情况,结果都可能一团糟
You'll get paid when I see the results.
事情办妥之后,我会付你钱的
Why are you leaving so early?
你怎么这么早就走了
The Thompsons are expecting me.
汤普森家找我
Margaret, you mean.
你是指玛格丽特
I'm not a monkfish, Katy.
凯蒂,我不是安康鱼
I'll not take your bait.
我不会上你钩
I was just wondering if Mr. Thompson knows
她这么喜欢让你帮忙
his wife fancies the help.
汤普森先生知道吗
We've been through this at great length.
我们已经细谈过这事儿了
I heard you the other day on the phone.
那天你打电话,我听到了
I'm only doing my job. Right.
我在工作, 是啊
Maybe she needed your help removing a pea
她还需要你帮她
from under her mattress.
拿掉床垫下的豌豆
Stop filling your head with foolish notions.
别胡思乱想了
Then prove me a fool.
那证明我是错的
I'd be happy to...
我很乐意
at the altar.
在圣坛上的时候
Really?
真的吗
We'll discuss it later.
我们稍后再谈
Mr. Sleater, good morning.
斯雷特先生,早上好
Mrs. Thompson.
汤普森太太
Mr. Kessler.
凯斯勒先生
Is something wrong? No, I just...
有事吗, 没,我只是...
You come bearing secrets.
你有不能告人的秘密
Um, nothing as fancy as that, I'm afraid.
没那么神秘
What do you think, Mr. Kessler?
你觉得呢,凯斯勒先生
II do not understand.
我不明白
Then I suppose you need to come clean.
你还是说清楚吧
It's, um
是...
it's Katy's birthday tomorrow,
明天是凯蒂的生日
and I'll be damned if I know what to give her.
我不知道该送她什么
And truly be damned I choose wrong.
更怕送了她不喜欢的东西
A woman's touch.
女人的特性
I'm at your mercy, missus.
太太,请你发慈悲
Well, let's discuss the possibilities.
我们谈论下吧
You can bring the car around.
你去备车
I'll be down shortly. Yes, ma'am.
我马上下来, 好的太太
You shouldn't toy with him.
你不该愚弄他
He sees more than you think.
他比你想象中知道得多
He's only seen us talking.
他只看见我们说话
And soon, he won't see us at all.
不久之后,他就不会再见到我们了
If we botch this, he'll find out.
如果我们不掩饰好,他会发现的
Mr. Kessler?
凯斯勒先生
Mr. Thompson.
汤普森先生
You'll need to leave first.
你得先走
I'll follow after. When?
我稍后便来, 什么时候
Can't say. Six weeks, a month.
说不准,六周,一月
Why so long?
为什么要等这么久
We leave together, then he knows.
如果我们同时走,他会知道的
And he won't forget.
他不会饶恕我们
And there's no place far enough then.
到时,就没有我们的容身之处了
What's St. Louis like?
圣路易斯怎么样
I haven't a clue.
我不知道
But Emmet's a mate from years back.
不过埃米特是我多年好友
He'll set us on our feet.
他会帮我们安排好的
And if it doesn't suit us, we'll we'll...
如果觉得不合适,我们就...
We'll live among the Indians.
我们就和印度人住在一起
Aye. Or give it a go at least.
至少要试一试
And Katy?
凯蒂呢
I'll leave one morning,
我走的那天
tell her something that sounds convincing,
会编一个让她信服的理由
and she'll never see me again.
之后她就不会再见到我了
"A man, a plan, a canal
"男人,计划,运河
Panama."
巴拿马"
What are you yammering about?
你嘟囔什么呢
It's a palindrome. A what?
这叫回文, 什么东西
A word or phrase spelled exactly the same backwards or forwards.
首尾回环的词
Like "Mom."
比如"妈妈"
Or imbecile.
或者"白痴"
Well, no, that's not Where the hell is Owen?
不对,这个不是, 欧文死到哪儿去了
I'll go see.
我去看看
"A man, a plan"
"男人,计划"
What is it?
什么来着
"A man, a plan, a canal"
"男人,计划,运河"
I have a fucking headache!
我他妈头疼
I'll tell you later.
我回头告诉你
Sorry I'm late.
对不起我迟到了
Fill him in.
给他讲讲
Heard back from my contact in New York.
我在纽约的线人说
Masseria goes to the Turkish baths
马赫里亚每周四同一时间
every Thursday, same time every week 9:00 P.M.
去土耳其浴池,晚上九点
That might work.
或许能行
Some place on Chrystie Street.
浴池在基丝汀街上
Popular with the locals.
很受当地人欢迎
Steamy, dark, people distracted.
雾气蒸腾,昏暗,没人留意
Come up from behind, nice and quiet.
背后下手,神不知鬼不觉
They got the mineral baths?
有矿泉浴吗
Is that fucking important?
那他妈有什么要紧
He's keeping tabs on Masseria all day.
马赫里亚身边整天都有保镖
I'll go with you as backup.
我陪你去,做个接应
No, you won't. You're going to Chicago.
不,你去芝加哥
What the hell's in Chicago?
芝加哥有什么要紧
Johnny Torrio and, with any luck,
有强尼·托里奥,如果运气帮忙
an army of men who'll help us out.
还会有一支支撑我们的军队
With Masseria gone, we'll take Rosetti out.
马赫里亚不在,我们就可以干掉罗塞蒂
He'll be weak without Masseria's backing.
没有马赫里亚撑腰他就弱了
So all that extra muscle will fall by the wayside.
重新聚集的力量都会瓦解
Rats leaving a sinking ship. We'll still need help.
树倒猢狲散, 我们仍然需要帮助
You pack your bags, too.
你也收拾好行李
Tell me I'm going to Paris.
拜托告诉我我要去巴黎
West Overton, Pennsylvania.
宾夕法尼亚州,西奥弗顿
You'll be met at the station by a man named Fahey.
火车站会有一个叫费伊的人接你
He'll take you to the Overholt Distillery.
他带你去欧文赫特酿酒厂
Andrew Mellon's place.
安德鲁·梅隆的酒厂
What do I do when I get there?
我到了那儿要做什么
Get it up and running as soon as possible.
尽快让它运转起来
We're taking over Remus' old operation, using Overholt as a base.
我们要接管雷穆斯的生意,以欧文赫特为基地
We can export to Chicago or New York straight from there.
从那里直接向芝加哥和纽约送货
That'd take some money, won't it?
那可是要花钱的
We'll take the train to New York, avoid Tabor Heights.
我们走铁路到纽约,避开塔博尔高地
And who else with you? Agent Sawicki will be enough.
还要带谁去, 有萨维奇特工就足够了
I'll flash my badge,
我去亮警徽
distract Masseria's bodyguard.
把马赫里亚的保镖引开
And give me time to do my business.
争取时间让我动手
It's not that I doubt your ability,
我并不怀疑你的能力
I just saw this as a bigger operation.
但我认为行动规模应该更大
More men, more chance for mistakes.
人多出错的可能就多
This job doesn't call for an army,
干这活需要的不是一支军队
just patience... and opportunity.
而是耐心和机遇
Don't you have valises to pack?
你们不是有行李要收拾吗
Booze is our backbone.
酒是我们的主要业务
But sooner or later, this mishegoss
但是早晚,这些乱七八糟的事情
will go the way of the ostrich feather.
都会结束的
Yiddish, Meyer?
意第绪语,迈耶
I can't think of a more obvious route
这在我的朋友当中
to my acquiescence than shared commonality.
真算是另类的了
How about a good idea?
那么好提议呢
A.R., you're the one who always said to look where no one else is.
罗斯坦,是你常说要往无人着眼处看
That's what this deal is.
这桩生意正是如此
50 pounds of heroin for 100 grand.
五十磅海洛因十万块
You know what a "shot to nothing" is?
知道什么叫"打带跑"吗
It's used in snooker.
斯诺克台球术语
It's a shot in which a player attempts a difficult pot,
选手要击打一个高难度的球
but with safety in mind,
但是为了安全起见
regardless of his actually potting anything.
不管他能不能击打到球
Sounds like nothing for nothing to me.
对我来说就是毫无意义
On the surface, yes.
表面上来说,是的
But by design, in the event of his missing,
但是按照计划,他疏忽的是
he leaves his opponent in a position
并没有考虑到他的敌手
of being unable to strike back.
会进行反击
We're on the verge of a war, Charlie.
我们处在战争边缘,查理
You heard it yourself.
你自己听到了
Nucky Thompson's about to move on Joe Masseria.
努基·汤普森要对乔·马赫里亚下手
And until such time as one of them is dead,
除非他们之中的一人死了
it would be unwise to venture into any new deals.
否则现在和谁订立协约都是冒险行为
What if the deal won't wait?
如果时间不等人么
A deal will always wait.
会等的
And a fool will always rush in.
而笨蛋总会沉不住气
I like the concept, boys,
我喜欢这个观念
but the timing leaves much to be desired.
但这个时机还不够好
Hmm, good book.
好书
I enjoyed it myself.
我自己也很喜欢
What do you want, Means?
你想要什么,米恩斯
You're in possession of certain funds
你现在手里有一笔钱
10,000 in cash if memory serves
如果我没记错的话,一万现金
that you acquired from a previously unincarcerated George Remus.
从已经进监狱的乔治·雷穆斯手里拿到的
So?
所以呢
Well, I have it on unimpeachable authority
我非常肯定
that those bills are marked.
那些钞票被做了标记
What do you mean? Traceable, Jess.
你什么意思, 可追踪,杰西
The Treasury Department and its agents.
财政部的特工
If they trace those bills back to you,
如果他们从钞票追踪到你
then you can bet the last one your next job
那你这辈子最后一份工作
will be making ittybitty rocks out of great big ones.
就是去敲石头了
Oh, Jesus Christ.
上帝啊
I knew it. I knew it.
我就知道,我就知道
I told Harry. Jess.
我跟哈利说过, 杰西
It's over. It's fucking over.
完了,全他妈的完了
Jess, have you spent any of it?
杰斯,你花过那笔钱吗
No. It's still in the envelope.
没有,还在信封里
Good. Then all you have to do is get rid of it.
很好,你只要处理掉就是了
Get rid of it? Burn it.
处理掉, 烧掉
It's the safest best. As soon as humanly possible.
这是最安全的办法,越快越好
If I were you, I'd take that cash out to the yard right now
如果我是你,我现在就把那钱拿到院子里
and consign it to the fires of hell.
投进地狱的火焰里去
Jess.
杰西
This is something you need to do.
这件事你必须做
What's wrong?
怎么了
It pains me to bring you this news.
我怀着沉痛的心情给你带来这个消息
It's Jess.
是杰西
What the hell is he doing? Harry.
他在搞什么, 哈利
Stop him before someone sees him!
趁没人看见快阻止他
Look, look. Hey, hey.
等等
And what then, huh?
然后呢
A panicked man drowns both himself and his savior.
慌乱的落水者会把施救者一起拖下水
You need to keep yourself afloat.
你必须保住自己
The other day, I walk into the bathroom.
有一天,我走进洗手间
He's talking to himself in the mirror.
看到他对着镜子里的自己讲话
The man is ill, Harry.
他疯了,哈利
In the yard, burning money.
在院子里烧钱
When Judgment Day comes, and it most assuredly will,
等到审判日来临,那几乎是肯定的
he'll be in a hospital eating JellO.
他会在疯人院里吃果冻
But you
可是你...
you'll be doing hard time.
你会蹲大狱
Our neighbors' dog meanest thing on four legs.
邻居家的狗,其凶无比
Nobody could get near him.
没人敢靠近它
But he sees Jess, and the tail starts wagging.
可它一看到杰西就摇尾巴
I had a dog just like that as a boy.
我小时候有那样一条狗
Damn near broke my heart when we had to put him down.
杀它的时候我心都快碎了
I wouldn't even know who to talk to about a thing like that.
我都不知道这种事该对谁去说
$40,000, and I promise you
四万美元,我向你保证
he won't feel a thing.
他会毫无知觉
I'd prefer if you waited by the car.
你在车里等我比较好
I'm supposed to go with you no matter what.
我应当跟着您,寸步不离
That might prove embarrassing for both of us.
那样我们俩都可能会尴尬的
I'll keep 10 paces behind you and wait in the hallway.
我跟您保持十步距离,在走廊里等
That's the best I can do.
只能这样了
Very accommodating.
多谢通融
I can imagine what you're thinking,
我知道你们会怎么想
but I assure you I'm only the messenger.
但我保证我只是传达口信
The bishop himself has determined
主教大人本人决定
that this... experiment has run its course
这项...实验,已经完成了使命
and would prefer that the hospital's resources
他更希望医院的资源用在
be applied to other areas, effective immediately.
其它领域,立即生效
What about the women who've been coming?
来听课的女士们怎么办
They will have to seek their information elsewhere.
她们只好从别处获取信息
You needn't bother with the chairs.
椅子你们不必管
The cleaning staff will move them out.
清洁工会搬出去的
I suppose I should say that I
我想我应该说
I found a great deal of what went on in here
这里的许多课程
very educational.
很有教育意义
I feel like a German spy.
我感觉自己像是德国间谍
Are those the dia Shh, shh.
这就是... 别出声
There's one for you and one for Mrs. Shearer.
一个给你,一个给席勒夫人
You can get it to her yourself.
你可以自己去送给她
You're pale. Are you feeling all right?
你脸色苍白,你还好吧
Nothing I haven't been through before.
不是什么没见过的难事
This doesn't have to happen in a hospital.
也不一定非在医院里不可
A storefront, an upstairs office
找间店面,楼上的办公室
we could say anything we wanted to there,
在那里我们想讲什么都可以
anything they needed to know.
任何她们需要知道的事情
That would get you into trouble here.
那会让你在这边有麻烦
Well, maybe this isn't where I belong.
或许我并不属于这里
Your fiance wouldn't be very happy about that.
你未婚妻会不高兴的
I don't know.
不好说
She's, uh, a bit like you,
她有一点像你
telling me to put my money where my mouth is.
叫我拿出实际行动来
Think about what I proposed.
想想我的提议
I hate being told what I can't do.
我最讨厌被人约束
And the two of us
我们两个...
I'd say we work pretty well together.
我们合作很融洽
We did, didn't we?
确实,不是吗
So tell me about this dirty wop Rosetti.
给我讲讲这意大利佬,罗塞蒂
What I'm hoping is that
我的希望是
you'll be able to tell me about him.
你来给我讲讲他
I've never met the man.
我从来没见过他
I know that.
我知道
What I want is for you to go to Tabor Heights,
我想要你去塔博尔高地
cut a deal.
达成协议
Well, that should take all of 30 seconds.
那三十秒就能完事了
It'd be worth its weight in cow shit.
但是屁用没有
I sense you've dealt with Italians before, Mr. McCoy.
我猜你从前跟意大利人打过交道,麦克罗伊先生
And only will again because it's you who's asking.
因为是你请求,我才会再去和他们打交道
Agree to anything.
我什么都答应
What I need is information
我需要信息
the number of men, boats,
多少人,几条船
where they get their suits pressed,
衣服哪里熨
how they take their coffee.
咖啡怎么喝
What's the difference between a catfish and an Italian?
意大利人和鲶鱼有什么区别
What?
什么
One's a filthy, scumsucking bottomfeeder
前者是脏兮兮吃垃圾的清道夫
and the other is a fish.
后者只是鱼
I'll get up there tout suite.
我马上就去
Thanks for the drink.
谢谢你的酒
You come back now, yeah?
你回来了
Yes.
是啊
Good afternoon.
下午好
At lunchtime I surprise my customers with aquavit.
午餐时我给了顾客们个惊喜
Very happy to drink.
大家都爱你的白兰地
I'm glad to hear that.
我很高兴听到这些
What is? For you.
这是什么, 给你的
It's from my wife's oven.
我太太烤的
I believe you call it lefse.
你们管这个叫拉芙兹面包吧(挪威传统食品)
Lefse, aquavit like I am back home.
拉芙兹和白兰地,真有家的感觉
I am sorry.
抱歉
Beg pardon? Call a taxi, mister?
什么, 要乘出租车吗先生
I did not. We got a car out front waiting for you anyway.
不要, 总之你得进我们的车
They did not give me a choice.
他们逼我的
Am I under arrest?
我是被捕了吗
It's nice he has his grandma,
他还有奶奶,真好
but everyone needs a dad,
但少了爸爸可不好
especially a little boy.
尤其还是个小男孩
You're right.
你说得对
It's good he has you.
但他还有你
No place else to go?
你无家可归了吗
Dad, I invited Richard over.
爸爸,我请理查德过来的
You sniffing around here like a dog?
你一直在我家周围晃悠吗
I'll go get you some coffee.
我给你煮点咖啡
I don't want any fuckin' coffee!
我他妈不要咖啡
You know why he's here, don't you? Huh?
你知道他为什么来这
You strutting around like some mongrel bitch in heat.
你天天跟个婊子似的各处招摇
Richard.
理查德
Dad, stop. Shut up!
爸爸,住手, 闭嘴
I'm still your father.
我还是你爸爸
And I won't have you spreading your legs for some sideshow freak.
我可不愿看你跟马戏团里的怪胎上床
No!
不要
Stop it!
住手
Stop!
住手
Would you pay a dime to see this?
你愿意掏钱看这个吗
Get off me! Richard.
放开我, 理查德
Apologize. Fuck you!
道歉, 去死吧
Richard, please.
理查德,求你了
Apologize.
道歉
I'm sorry.
对不起
To her.
跟她说
The money's just to get us started.
钱只是个开始
Meyer and me, we'll take care of everything after that.
之后的事就交给迈耶和我吧
All you gotta do is sit back and collect.
你可以坐享其成
It's what I say.
我自己想的
That's bullshit.
少扯淡
And now you're being rude.
你做的太不讲究了
English, so my partner understands.
说英语,让我的搭档听听
You want English?
你要说英语
Fine.
好啊
If this such a good deal, why you come to me, huh?
这生意要真有那么好,还能轮到我
Why you don't go to your socio in affari
怎么不找你们的合作伙伴
the other Jew, Rothstein?
另一个犹太人,罗斯坦呢
Mr. Rothstein has reservations
罗斯坦先生对海洛因生意
about entering the heroin trade,
保留意见
more than likely because his business is suffering.
主要是因为他现在生意不景气
I got reservations, too
我也保留意见
like I no trust you.
我不信任你
This is a big step for all of us.
这次合作对我们双方来说是个进步
We're confident that time and familiarity
我们相信假以时日,相互熟悉之后
will change all that.
生意就能走上正轨
I no be so sure.
我可不太相信
Mr. Rothstein's hesitancy
罗斯坦举棋不定
coupled with our narrow time frame
我们又时间紧迫
make it necessary for us to expand our search for a partner.
必须赶紧找到个合作伙伴
Naturally, we thought of you.
自然而然的想到了您
Naturally.
自然而然
100,000.
十万
What else do I get besides a profit?
除了钱我还有什么好处
Nucky Thompson.
努基·汤普森
He's thinking about making a move.
他要下手
Make a move on me?
对我下手吗
How you know this?
你怎么知道的
Do we have a deal or no?
你合不合伙
Without friends who can provide you with information,
没有朋友给你提供可靠的消息
how long do you think your luck will hold out?
你能一直走运到底吗
Fine.
好
We have deal.
就这么定了
You tell me, then,
说说吧
what information you got about Nucky Thompson.
你有努基·汤普森的什么消息
We meet here tonight.
今晚就在这
1,200 cases?
一千二百箱
That's bigger than Nucky's order.
这可比努基要的多
Everything of mine is bigger than Nucky's.
我什么都比努基多
It's a lot of trips back and forth to Rum Row.
朗姆船队可要忙活一阵子了
You got an army? With 17 boats?
你的人多的够组军队的了, 还有十七艘船呢
More like a navy.
叫海军更好
You'll have no problems.
保你没问题
Unless you run into one of them rogue waves.
除非你遇到了大浪
How's that?
怎么讲
My cousin Franco grew up on boats.
我表弟弗朗哥在船上长大的
The last captain lost part of our shipment.
昨天有艘船掉了一些货
Franco said because of rogue waves.
弗朗哥说是因为巨浪
Well, yeah. At least that's what it sounded like.
最起码听着像
A shitty sailor, this guy.
他是个垃圾水手
More than likely half in the bag.
不懂装懂的
I don't think so.
我可不是
Oh, you don't?
是吗
Your boy's right.
他说得对
When the winds shift like the other night,
哪天风向一遍
the sea can pretty much have its way with you,
你在海上就有麻烦了
especially if you're busy stirring up the fuckin' stars.
要是你再被星星搞得晕头转向就更糟了
The fuck do I know?
我懂个屁啊
My father laid bricks for a living.
我爸是搬砖的
Not to worry, Mr. Rosetti.
别担心,罗塞蒂先生
The ocean and I have an understanding.
我和大海有协议
You'll get your booze on time and intact.
我们肯定如数送到
Sorry about this morning, Harry.
今早的事很抱歉
It won't happen again.
以后不会了
We all go a little haywire at times.
谁都有抽风的时候
You don't.
你没有
Not even when we were kids.
小时候都没有
You knew what to do, when to do it.
你总是知道该干嘛,知道把握时机
That twister back home remember that?
家里那场龙卷风还记得吗
In '85? It was a dark hour, wasn't it?
八五年的吗, 不见天日啊简直
In the cellar with my folks,
我跟伙伴躲在酒窖里
the world being torn to pieces.
听风在外面肆虐
Poor Mary Shackelford.
可怜的玛丽·沙克尔福德
They never even found her.
连影子都不见了
But what did we all do the very next morning?
但第二天早上我们是怎么做的
We we
我们,我们
We stepped into the light of day,
我们踏着晨光
picked up the pieces, moved on.
修整家园,继续生活
That's right.
没错
I'm thinking maybe it's time to retire.
我想退休了
Leave Washington?
离开华盛顿吗
We're not getting any younger, Jess.
岁月不饶人啊,杰西
Flyfishing, porchsitting,
钓钓鱼,休息休息
lazy days, busy doing nothing.
慵懒的过一天,什么也没干
How does that sound?
这种日子怎么样
II don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
This my heart was never in it.
这生意,我一直都没法上心
And as long as we're being honest,
把话说开了就好
for a while now neither was mine.
其实最近我也是
Now, you finish that chicken,
把鸡肉吃完
get some sleep.
去睡觉吧
It's amazing how much better
好好睡一晚
a good night's rest will make you feel.
就能精神百倍
Still I feel the thrill of your charms
你的神韵犹在
Lips that once were mine
那曾属于我的双唇
Tender eyes that shine
和你闪烁的明眸
They will light my way tonight
指引我,向前走
I'll see you in my dreams.
今晚梦里再相见
Sleep tight, my darling.
睡个好觉,亲爱的
Sing it again, Mama.
妈妈,再唱一遍吧
And torture the poor mice?
再折磨一遍大家的耳朵吗
Mom?
妈妈
How long do we have to stay here?
我们还要在这住多久
Not for much longer.
没多久了
Soon we'll all leave and...
很快我们就走了
see what adventures await.
继续前方的冒险
Emily misses our room and there's no kitchen here.
艾米丽想回去,而且这里没厨房
As soon as they're done with the repairs
他们修复完
back home.
我们就回家
Everything will be swell then.
一切都焕然一新了
Now get to sleep.
睡吧
Good night, dear.
晚安,宝贝
I'll be in later.
我一会再来
Was there anyone waiting?
有人等你吗
At home, I mean, after the war?
我是说战后,在家里
Jenny Hastings.
詹妮·黑斯廷斯
We rode horses together.
我们一起骑马
She'd write,
她会写诗
knit me a scarf.
还给我织围巾
Married my cousin when I was in France.
我在法国打仗时她嫁给我表哥了
I was 20.
我那时候二十岁
He was 32.
遇见了三十二岁的他
A widower with three children.
带着三个孩子的鳏夫
We talked of marriage.
已经到了谈婚论嫁的时候
And then my brother Freddy was killed,
我哥哥弗雷迪却遇害了
and my dad...
结果我爸爸
Well, Douglas
道格拉斯
that was his name
他叫道格拉斯
he married the daughter
他娶了个
of the man who ran the telegraph office.
电报公司老板的女儿
Had three more children.
又生了三个孩子
I wish I could kiss you.
我真想吻你
Owen? Chalky.
是欧文吗, 朝琪
In the foyer.
在门厅里
Know who I am tonight?
今晚知道我是谁吗
What's that supposed to mean?
你说什么呢
Had some trouble last time.
上次不是没认出来吗
What do you want, Chalky?
什么事,朝琪
Got cash behind me.
我找到钱了
I'm gonna cut you proper.
分红少不了你的
Connections in the circuitNew York, Chicago,
纽约,芝加哥,圣路易,堪萨斯的关系
St. Louis, Kansas City.
我都联系好了
I bring the acts in. I guarantee it.
我会招来明星,保证卖座
I don't know what you're talking about.
你这是说什么呢
A club on the boardwalk where Babette's used to was.
建俱乐部,在芭贝特的废墟上
A Negro club?
黑鬼俱乐部吗
Black on stage, white in the house.
黑人演出,白人看
They doing it in Harlem.
哈林区就是这么干的
Packing 'em in till the small hours.
一直演到半夜
This isn't Harlem. Ain't Japan neither.
这又不是哈林, 还不是日本呢
But there a big hole out there, money to be made.
但是外面有一个很大的市场,很多钱可以赚
I know it in my bones, Nucky.
我深知这一点,努基
And I is set to do it right.
而且我一定要力争做好
Ain't gonna be no juke joint with barrelhouse coming out.
决不能有粗制滥造,下里巴人的东西
This here gonna be elegant.
必须要优雅
Tuxedos and "Chandelabras."
燕尾服和树式大吊顶
Chandeliers.
树式大吊灯
I ain't got to spell 'em, just pay for 'em.
我又不需要拼写他们,我只要花钱买它们就行了
Nobody want to see that wreck out there
没人希望看到那东西坏掉
and nobody wanna be reminded what happened.
没人希望记起发生了什么
This an opportunity, a chance for this town
这是一个机会,这个城市的一个机会
There's a dividing line.
有一条分界线
There's a line and you know that.
有这条线,你知道的
That line can move.
这条线可以移动
Chalky, I have other things on my mind right now.
朝琪,我现在心里想的是别的事情
All you gotta do is say yes.
你只需要点头同意
I'll take care of the rest.
剩下的交给我就行了
I just told you how it is.
我刚告诉你该怎么办了
Why is that hard to understand?
有这么难理解么
You ain't the only one be thinking.
你不是唯一在思考的人
See, I can understand a fella gets lost once.
我理解有个家伙有次迷路了
Things on his mind, gets off the wrong L stop.
他想的是,我走错路了
That can happen.
这有可能发生
But twice?
但是两次
As I said, sir You're one of O'Banion's.
我说过,先生, 你是奥巴尼恩的人
I barely know the man.
我跟他不熟
That's why youse packing iron at the yard last week?
所以上周你们一起在院子里装熨斗是么
Those were unusual circumstances.
那都是意外
And so are these.
这也是
He's sending you selling whiskey where you don't belong.
他派你来卖不属于你的威士忌
He he doesn't know, sir.
他,他并不知道,先生
How's that?
怎么会
Mr. O'Banion,
奥巴尼恩先生
he's unaware of my activities.
他不知道我的行为
So what's he likeO'Banion?
他是什么样的人,奥巴尼恩
Good to work for?
有什么值得你为他卖命的地方
He has his peccadillos.
他有疏忽的地方
What's your name again?
你叫什么来着,再说一次
George.
乔治
What am I gonna do with you, George?
我该拿你怎么办,乔治
I got a few ideas.
我有几个主意
"There was a man in the land of Uz "
在悠兹岛上有个男人
whose name was Job;
他叫乔布
and that man was perfect and upright."
这个男人正直而完美"
What? "And one that feared God and eschewed evil."
什么, "他信仰上帝,远离邪恶"
What the hell are you on about?
你在说什么
Please, sir, I am providing for a family.
求你了,先生,我要养家
I failed to eschew evil, but I'm trying.
我没法远离邪恶,但我在努力
You tried five blocks deep into my territory.
你都试到我的地盘了
Right now you're gonna pay me back.
现在,你要赔偿我
Yes, sir. Huh?
是的,先生, 什么
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
Tell me everything you know about O'Banion's operation.
把你知道的关于奥巴尼恩买卖的事情都告诉我
Jess!
杰西
You're awake at an unsettled hour.
这个点你怎么还醒着
What are you doing here?
你在这里干什么
Uh, the attorney general
总检察长
was detained by the burdens of state.
国务缠身
Nonetheless, he expressed concern
但是,他对你的健康
regarding your wellbeing and You're holding a gun.
表示了关心, 你手里拿着枪
Oh, yes.
是的
Yes, indeed, I am.
我确实拿着枪
Uh, I routinely carry a firearm
因为我的种种责任
in the course of my manifold duties.
我会随时带着枪
"But why why is it unsheathed," You may well ask,
"但为什么掏出来"也许你会问
"In the confines of the Park Wardman Hotel?"
"在万豪酒店的房间里"
Well, now now How much is Harry paying you?
现在, 哈利给你多少钱
On a weekly basis? To murder me.
每周么, 来杀我
Oh, now, Jess,
杰西
these are the fever dreams of a restless imagination.
你这是发烧乱想呢
He called you in, he looked you in the eye...
他叫你来,和你面对面
and he said, "I want you to"
他说"我想让你"
Oh, my God.
我的天呐
Would you like me to put the weapon away?
我把枪收起来,好么
I'll just, uh...
我就
and then raise my hands, I guess.
然后举起我的手,对吧
Have you ever killed anyone?
你杀过人么
Well, now, Jess, I'll share a confidence.
杰西,和你说实话
I never actually have brought down the curtain.
从来没有过
That is a hanging offense, after all.
这毕竟是重罪
I'll show you how easy it is.
我来告诉你这有多简单
We want to be private.
我们需要私密空间
And nobody comes in.
不要让任何人进来
Sure.
当然
Yeah, let me get two.
两个人
You're sitting in the dark.
你坐在暗处
Leave it, please.
别动,好么
This craziness should all be over in a few days.
这些乱七八糟的事情几天内就会结束
You don't believe me.
你不相信我
I didn't say anything.
我什么都没说
I can't say I blame you,
我不能责怪你
the way I bollixed everything.
是我把一切搞糟的
Is that the right word?
这个词对么
Is it bollixed?
是搞糟么
You said it correctly
你念的很多
and quite appropriately as well.
用的也很恰当
I guess between you and Owen,
我觉得在你和欧文之间
the old country is starting to rub off.
祖国的记忆已经开始暗淡了
I will make this up to you.
我会补偿你的
I promise.
我保证
It's a new start from here on out.
这是一个崭新的开始
It is.
是的
You should get some rest.
你该去休息了
Every bottle accounted for tonight.
今天晚上的总量
That's 1,200 cases, 24 bottles per.
有一千两百箱,每箱二十四瓶
That's 28,800 bottles.
一共两万八千八百瓶
See? That's math.
看到了么,这叫数学
That's useful.
非常有用
That's what my father used on account he laid bricks.
我老爸砌砖的时候就是这么算的
Built churches, bridges.
建教堂,大桥
Came home at night, he smelled like sweat,
晚上回家,笑的很艰辛
not fish.
并不轻松
Broke his back, dead at 50.
辛勤工作,五十岁就死了
Layin' around in a fuckin' boat, he would have seen 100.
要是躺在船上悠闲的过日子,他说不准能活一百岁
But not him.
但他没这命
Not fuckin' him.
没有这个命
Not like your father.
不像你的父亲
Right, Franco? Please, Mr. Rosetti.
是吧,弗朗哥, 求你了,罗塞蒂先生
I'm a fI'm a fuckin' idiot.
我是个蠢材
I'm sorry. Please.
我很抱歉,求你了
Tonino!
托尼诺
For the love of Christ!
上帝啊
Gyp, Gyp, he's my mother's brother's kid.
吉普,吉普,他是我母亲兄弟的孩子
He didn't mean no disrespect.
我并非有意冒犯
He's just a fuckin' knowitall.
他就是个假万事通
Break his legs, anything.
打断他的腿,怎么都行
Not this.
不要杀了他
Please.
求你了
I'm begging you.
我求你了
Gyp, he's my blood.
吉普,他是我的亲戚
Fuckin' family, right?
家人,是吧
Yeah, you know how it is.
是的,你明白的
Hey, you're a lucky fella, Franco.
你是个幸运的家伙,弗朗哥
Give me that.
给我那个
Because I respect you.
因为我尊重你
Fuck!
操
You owe me.
你欠我个人情
Nucky.
努基
Nucky.
努基
What the fuck do you want?
你想要什么
There is a delivery.
有给你的东西
What time is it? Almost 4:00 a.M.
几点了, 快早上四点了
What's going on?
发生了什么
Go back to bed. What's this?
回去睡觉, 这是什么
Get back in your room. Close it up.
回你的房间,关上
Close it! Close it!
关上,关上
Margaret, don't No!
玛格丽特,别,不要
Stop it, stop it.
住手,住手
Stop. Stop.
住手,住手
Margaret, stop, stop.
玛格丽特,住手
Margaret?
玛格丽特
Margaret?
玛格丽特
Margaret, open the door.
玛格丽特,开门
Margaret?
玛格丽特
Margaret?
玛格丽特
What's St. Louis like?
圣路易斯怎么样
I haven't a clue.
我不知道
But Emmet's a mate from years back.
不过埃米特是我多年好友
He'll set us on our feet.
他会帮我们安排好的
And if it doesn't suit us, we'll we'll...
如果觉得不合适,我们就...
We'll live among the Indians.
我们就和印度人住在一起
Aye. Or give it a go at least.
至少要试一试
And Katy?
凯蒂呢
I'll leave one morning,
我走的那天
tell her something that sounds convincing,
会编一个让她信服的理由
and she'll never see me again.
之后她就不会再见到我了
Are you lying to me now?
你在对我撒谎么
Why are you asking that?
为什么这么问
Because I need to know.
因为我需要知道
You don't trust me?
你不相信我
Tell me you're different from him.
告诉我你和他不同
Those would just be words.
那无非只是说说
Then what do I have to go on?
那我凭什么相信你
I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了
It's yours.
是你的
You can do as you choose.
你可以选择
Plans or no, I won't hold you to them.
是按计划行事还是放弃,我不会缠着你
But say what you want,
但是要说实话
as long as it's the truth.
说出你真正想要的
The truth?
实话
Well, I'd like it to be a boy.
我希望是个男孩
Nucky's looking for you.
努基在找你
Mrs. Thompson.
再见,汤普森太太
Mr. Sleater.
再见,斯雷特先生