手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第八季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第八季:第3集 霍华德参加棒球赛(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

So, how does this game work? I just throw it, like a real ball?

这个游戏怎么玩?就当手上真的有球那么扔吗?
Yeah, just nice and easy, right over the plate.
没错,就放轻松,瞄准了本垒板投就行。
All right. You suck, Wolowitz! What's that about?
好吧。烂球,Wolowitz!这算什么意思?
I'm heckling you. It's a beloved part of baseball.
我在喝倒彩。这是棒球备受喜爱的部分。
He's right. And given that you're probably still waiting to be picked for a game that was played in fifth grade, I'm sure you do suck.
他说得对。再加上你到现在还等着在五年级那场比赛里上场,我想你的球技肯定很烂。
Hi. What's going on? Baseball.
嗨,在干什么呢?打棒球。
Okay, this is not what I meant when I said go outside and play.
好吧,我说让你们出去玩不是这个意思。
He's practicing. For what?
他在练习。练习什么?
The Angels wanted an astronaut to throw out the first pitch, so guess who they called?
洛杉矶天使队想找一名宇航员当开球嘉宾,猜猜他们找了谁?
What, you? Really? ! Well, a lot of people who weren't available, but then me!
你?真的吗?!因为很多人没空去,所以就找我了!
That's so cool! Congratulations. I guess that makes you the athlete of the group.
太棒了!恭喜你。我猜你是这群人里唯一会运动的了。
Well, not just him! May I remind you that you're talking to the seeker, beater, chaser and water boy of the third place Griffith Park Quidditch team.
不止他一个!我得提醒你,你可是正在跟赢得了格利菲斯公园魁地奇球赛第三名的找球手 、击球手、 追球手和送水手说话呢。
I know. Watching your boyfriend run around with a broomstick between his legs isn't something you forget.
我知道。看到自己男朋友胯下夹着扫把跑来跑去,还真是难忘的回忆。
C'mon now, throw one. All right, here we go.
快点,投一个。好了,我投了。
You look like a jackass! Cut it out! You're hurting my feelings!
你个傻子!别说了!太让我伤心了!
Now you know why we're not outside.
现在你知道我们干嘛不出去了吧。
Did you enjoy my lecture? No, and neither did our waiter.
喜欢我的讲座吗?我和服务生都不喜欢。
Well, if you're going to serve Cornish game hen, you should either be familiar with the history of Cornwall or be prepared to learn it.
要是服务生会端康尼希雏鸡肉上桌,那他要不就得熟悉康沃尔郡的历史,要不就得准备学习这段历史。
It's hard to argue with that. And I know because I saw a sad man with a pepper mill desperately try and fail.
我没法反驳你。我知道,因为我看到一个拿着胡椒磨、只是来撒下胡椒的悲惨男人绝望地尝试,还是失败了。
Hey, how was dinner? Good, I had Cornish game hen.
嘿,晚饭怎么样?很好,我吃了康尼希雏鸡肉。
Oh, that poor waiter. Sheldon, how about tomorrow night we see a movie?
可怜的服务生。Sheldon,我们明晚去看电影吧?
You guys are going out two nights in a row?
你们要连着两晚出去约会?
I missed a number of date nights while I was on my train trip,
我在火车旅行的时候错过了不少约会,
and I'm contractually obligated to make them up under the terms of the Relationship Agreement.
"恋爱协议"的条款要求我要补足这些差额。
That's so hot. It's better than hot, it's binding.
好火热的恋爱。何止火热,这是契约“捆绑”呢。
If you're free tomorrow night, I'd love to have you join us on a double date. Aw...
如果你们明晚有空,我想我们可以一起来个四人约会。不错嘛...
You are aware that a double date doesn't count as two dates.
你知道四人约会不能算成两次约会的吧。
Oh. Well, then come or don't. I don't care.
哦。那随便你们来不来。我无所谓。
I can't believe you're sore.
真是难以置信,你竟然肩膀酸。
Hey, even professional pitchers need a rubdown after the game.
嘿,哪怕是职业投手,在比赛后都要按摩的。
But they throw an actual ball. You were throwing air at a TV.
但他们扔的是真球。你是在往电视机扔空气。
For your information, I also gave Leonard one hell of a high five.
我得告诉你,我还和Leonard狠狠击了个掌。
I'm kind of surprised you agreed to do this in front of a stadium full of people.
我挺意外,你竟然答应在一球场的观众面前干这个。
They're doing Space Day and NASA asked me. I felt like I couldn't say no.
他们在搞太空日,所以宇航局就问我了。我觉得没法拒绝。
Okay. Well, if you want, I could help you practice. I played a lot of softball growing up.
好吧。如果你想的话,我可以帮你练习。我小时候玩过很久的垒球。
Thank you, that would be great.
谢谢,那真是太好了。
Great. And while we're at it, maybe we could butch up your run for when you head out to the mound.
好呀。我们练习的时候,也许可以校正下你的跑姿,好让你跑到投手丘时更男人一点。
What's wrong with the way I run? Oh, just kidding. Nothing.
我的跑姿有什么问题?我只是开玩笑的。没事儿。
Sheldon, I'm surprised you'd choose to go to a pub.
Sheldon,我很意外你会选择去个酒吧。
At our committee meeting, Amy made a motion for a picnic in a park, but I tacked so many amendments on that thing it sank like a lead balloon.
在委员会议上,Amy提议去公园野餐。但我加了很多修改意见,这主意就黄掉了。
I then suggested a pub.
之后我就建议去酒吧。
Yeah, which I was initially skeptical of until I saw online that they serve Yorkshire pudding.
没错,我一开始对这个主意十分质疑。但我发现他们有卖约克郡布丁。
You don't even like Yorkshire pudding.
你根本不喜欢约克郡布丁。
No, it's yucky, but informing people about the history of Yorkshire is yummy, yum-yum.
对,太恶心。但给人们科普约克郡的历史那就趣味无穷了。
After a lively debate, that proposal passed by a two-zero margin.
在激烈辩论后,去酒吧的提议以2:0的优势通过。
Nice to see a busy couple keep the spark of bureaucracy alive.
看到一对情侣这么忙还有一身官僚气,真不错。
Ignore them, Amy. They're just jealous because they'll never have a relationship as good as ours.
忽略他们,Amy,他们只是在嫉妒。因为他们的关系永远不会像我们那么好。
Isn't this when he says "bazooka" or something?
他这时候是不是该说"豆你玩"之类的了?
I wasn't making a joke, I was merely stating fact. Amy and I have a superior relationship to yours.
我没开玩笑,我只是在说事实。我和Amy的恋爱关系比你们的优越。
You don't honestly think that, do you? Y...Leonard, I assumed you knew.
你不是在说真的把?你... Leonard,我以为你早就知道了。
The ranking of relationships in our circle by quality is: me and Amy, Howard and Bernadette, Raj and his girlfriend, Penny and Chardonnay, Penny and you.
我们这个圈子的恋爱关系质量排名如下:我和Amy,Howard和Bernadette,Raj和他女朋友,Penny和霞多丽酒,你和Penny。
There isn't any ranking. And if there were, we wouldn't be at the bottom of it.
根本没有什么排名。就算有,我们也不会是最后一名。
Yeah, and actually, I drink Sauvignon Blanc. That's the part you have a problem with?
没错,而且其实我喝的是白苏维翁酒。你竟然在意的是这个?
Relax. There they go, fighting again.
放松点。看吧,又吵起来了。
You'd never hear her talk that way to Sauvignon Blanc.
她从来不会对白苏维翁酒这么说话。
So you never played baseball as a kid, not even Little League?
你小时候没玩过棒球、没参加少年棒球联盟吗?
Well, I was going to, but the day of tryouts I found my dad's Playboy collection. Threw my arm out.
我本来要去的,但预赛那天,我碰巧发现老爸私藏的《花花公子》。胳膊撸断了。
All right, the pitcher's mound in Major League Baseball is 60 feet, six inches away from home plate.
好了,职棒大联盟的投手丘距离本垒板60英尺又6英寸。
Great. You take this and say when to stop.
好的。你拿着这个,到60英尺喊停。
How much further? Keep going. How about now? I'll let you know.
还要多远?继续走。现在呢?够了我会告诉你的。
Are you saying "stop" and we're just too far away to hear you?
你是不是叫"停" 了,可我们离得太远听不见啊?
Okay, stop.
好,停吧。
Are you kidding me? ! That's 60 feet.
你和我开玩笑吗?!这就是60英尺。
There's no way this is 60 feet. I'm looking at it.
60英尺不可能这么长。我看着的是60英尺。
You realize this isn't one of those times I want you to exaggerate how long something is.
现在可不是那些我让你故意夸张“某物”长度的时候。
Okay, I got to...I...I just...I got to ask: What makes you think that your relationship is so wonderful and ours isn't?
好吧 我知道了... 我只是...我必须得问:为啥你认为你们的关系很好,而我和女友关系很糟糕呢?
For starters, we enjoy spending time together.
比如说,我们喜欢俩人呆在一块。
So do we. And I've seen you guys ignore each other for hours doing totally different things.
我们也是啊。而且我还见过你们俩好几个小时无视对方,而且做着完全不同的事。
It's called parallel play. Yeah, toddlers do that.
这叫平行游戏。小屁孩才喜欢这么干。
Not as well as we do.
可没我们玩得好。
You believe this guy? He has to be the best at everything.
你相信他的鬼话吗?他啥事都觉得自己最棒。
So what? Why do you even care?
那又如何?你为什么那么在意?
Oh, listen to them. Not even married and the honeymoon's over.
听听他们。还没结婚呢,蜜月期就结束了。
Whatever. You can't even go on a date without checking your relationship agreement.
那又怎样。如果不看关系合约你甚至都不能去约会。
If you've got a problem basing a relationship on a contract,
如果你质疑基于合约的关系,
I'd like to tell you about 13 plucky colonies that entered a "relationship agreement" called the U.S.Constitution.
我想提醒一下你,历史上有13个勇敢的殖民地一起签订了"关系合约"。这份合约叫美国宪法。
And it may not be cool to say so, but I think that love affair is still pretty hot today.
虽然这么说不恰当,但是这13个州的关系至今仍然很亲密融洽。
It's a good thing I'm not wearing flag underwear right now, 'cause there's about to be a fire.
幸好我今天没有穿国旗内裤,因为那儿已经欲火熊熊了。
Okay, it's not that hard. You just look to where you want to throw it, step towards where you want to throw, and throw it.
好的,其实并不难。你就盯着你想扔的地方,向你想扔的方向踏前一步,然后扔出去。
That's your help? That's like saying, "Here's how you fly a plane: get in the airplane, know where you want to go and fly it."
这就是你的建议?就像是说 "飞机这么开的:进飞机里,认清飞的方向,然后就飞吧。"
Just throw the ball. Let's see what we're working with.
你先扔一次试试,看看我们该在哪儿下功夫。
Come on Howard, fire it in. Throw the damn ball!
加油Howard,让我见识你火云掌。快他妈扔!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
exaggerate [ig'zædʒəreit]

想一想再看

v. 夸大,夸张

 
mill [mil]

想一想再看

n. 磨坊,磨粉机,工厂
v. 碾碎,磨,(使

联想记忆
flag [flæg]

想一想再看

n. 旗,旗帜,信号旗
vt. (以旗子)标出

联想记忆
assumed [ə'sju:md]

想一想再看

adj. 假装的;假定的

 
margin ['mɑ:dʒin]

想一想再看

n. 差额,利润,页边空白,边缘
vt. 使围

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
plucky ['plʌki]

想一想再看

adj. 有勇气的,大胆的

 
parallel ['pærəlel]

想一想再看

adj. 平行的,相同的,类似的,并联的
n.

联想记忆
lively ['laivli]

想一想再看

活泼的,活跃的,栩栩如生的,真实的

联想记忆
constitution [.kɔnsti'tju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 组织,宪法,体格

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。