Yeah, but what about the Chinese research team? They found it.
但那些中国科研团队是怎么回事?他们明明发现了
Yeah, it turns out someone added simulated signals to the data files. They faked the results.
应该是有人在数据文件里加了模拟信号,他们伪造试验结果
Really? Yes! Do you know what that means? That means all of this attention that you hate goes away.
真的?是呀!你知道这意味着什么不?这意味着你厌恶的所有瞩目都烟消云散了
So no more interviews? No, it's all over.
所以再也没有什么访问接见了?没有,都没有了
I can't believe it. Well, you're welcome.
真不敢相信!不谢
You robbed me of my greatest achievement!
你夺走了我最伟大的成就!
What?! I'm back down to nine friends! Make it eight... I'm sick of Wolowitz, too!
啥?!重新回到9位朋友的生活!还是8位吧...我也受够沃洛维茨了!
I... I don't understand. All you've done since you discovered this stupid element was complain. I was trying to make you happy!
我不懂啊,自从你发现该死的元素,你一直就是抱怨抱怨,我是想哄你开心啊!
By taking away my only claim to fame? Well, if you wanted to make me happy, you could have told me a joke.
通过夺走我唯一的成名之举吗?如果你想让我开心,可以给我讲个笑话啊
Or shown me a cute video of a koala and an otter becoming unlikely friends.
或者给我看个树袋熊和水獭意外做朋友的可爱视频
Oh, there is no winning with you. And koalas and otters don't even live near each other!
怎么对你都不算好啊,再说树袋熊和水獭根本不生活在一个地方
That's what makes their friendship unlikely!
所以才让他们的友谊变得意外啊!
Hey! What's with all the yelling?
嘿!你们在吵什么啊?
Leonard disproved my element.
莱纳德证明了我的元素并不存在
Now all the attention is going to go away.
现在所有的关注都随风而去了
Oh, that's great. You must be thrilled!
那不是很好,你一定很激动吧!
That's it! I'm down to seven friends.
到此为止!我现在只有7位朋友了
He's counting hobbits and superheroes, right?
他是算上了霍比特人和超级英雄,是吧?
When I thought the element was real, I didn't want it.
当我以为元素是存在的时候,我并不想得到它
But now that Leonard made it not exist, I want it more than anything in the world.
但是现在莱纳德证明了它不存在,我想要它胜过世界上的所有东西啊
The... the element never existed.
那元素从来就没存在过啊
I didn't take it away, science took it away. Be mad at science.
又不是我抢走的,是科学抢走的啊,生科学的气去吧
Don't you dare use science against me.
你怎么敢拿科学来堵我
Science is my best friend!
科学是我最好的朋友!
Oh, good, I'm back up to eight.
太好了,我又有8位朋友了
Will you tell him he's out of his mind.
你能不能告诉他,他已经疯了
Actually, I get what he's saying.
其实,我懂他说的话
Oh, yes! Nine! Welcome back, buddy.
太好了! 9位!欢迎回来,哥们儿
It's like if you're dating someone you're not that into, and then they break up with you and then you want them more than ever.
就像你在和你不怎么喜欢的男生约会,然后他们跟你分手了,然后你更想得到他们了
I have no idea what she's talking about.
我完全不知道她在说什么
but we're ganged up on you so I agree.
但是我们组团对抗你,所以我赞同
Okay, Sheldon, what do you want me to do, hide the information? If I don't publish it, it's just a matter of time before someone else does.
算了,谢尔顿,你到底想让我怎么样,把实验结果藏起来吗?就算我不发表,迟早会有人发表的
No, no, of course you have to publish.
不不不,你当然得发表
That's your responsibility as a scientist.
这是你作为科学家的责任
Doing otherwise would be unethical. You have no choice.
不然就违背职业道德了,你别无选择
Fine, I'll publish. Can you believe this guy?
行,我会发表的,这家伙简直让人难以置信啊
Aw! Raj did the dishes.
哇!拉杰把碗给洗了
How do you know I didn't do them?
你怎么知道不是我洗的?
Because once, when all the knives were dirty, you cut a bagel with your keys.
因为有一次,所有的刀都没洗,你直接用钥匙切的面包
Good morning, everybody.
早上好,各位
I picked up coffee while I was out. Bernadette, here's your soy peppermint mocha.
我出去买了咖啡,伯纳黛特,这是你的薄荷摩卡加豆奶
Aw, you didn't have to do that. Oh, my pleasure, and don't worry about your presentation today.
哇,你不需要帮我买的。荣幸之至啊,还有,别担心你今天的演讲
You're gonna be great.
你会表现很棒的
Yeah, you're gonna knock it out of the park.
没错,你一定会完美收工的
What presentation do I have today? Just go.
我今天做的是什么演讲?去吧
He loves you.
他爱你哦
What are you doing?
你在干吗?
Are you trying to make me look bad?
你想让我这么没面子么?
I'm just being a good house guest. No, you're being a better husband than I am.
我就想做个好客人啊,才不是,你是在扮演一个比我更好的丈夫角色
Doing the dishes, getting coffee, knowing about her life... who does that?
洗碗,买咖啡,了解她的生活...谁会这么做啊?
Oh, come on, I brought you one, too. I don't want coffee.
拜托,我也给你买了一杯啊,我不想喝咖啡
That's why I got you hot chocolate. Give me that.
所以我买了热巧克力,快给我
Just stop showing me up.
别在让我出丑了行么
Howard, listen to me.
霍华德,你听我说
You're a great husband.
你是个好丈夫
Yes, your listening skills could use some work.
当然你的倾听技术还有待加强
But it's amazing how far you've come given that you're an only child raised by an over-protective mom.
但是作为一个被母亲溺爱大的独生子你已经做得很棒了
Um, is this getting weird?
这是不是变得有点诡异?
Hang on. So, yes.
等下。确实很诡异
Hey. I just wanted to let you know that I-I posted my findings.
嘿。我就是想通知你我已经把实验结果发表了
I saw. And I just posted a retraction of my paper.
我看见了。我刚才发出了收回我论文的声明
Now the whole scientific community knows I was wrong.
现在整个科学界都知道我犯错了
These things happen all the time, Sheldon.
这是常有的事,谢尔顿
Not to me.
对我来说不是
The only other retraction I ever had to issue was when I was seven and I conceded that my brother was the greatest ninja in East Texas.
我唯一收回的另一件事便是在我七岁时承认我哥哥是德克萨斯东部最好的忍者
But that was just a ploy to get my face out of his armpit.
但那只是能让我的脑袋从他腋窝下解脱的策略而已
There he is!
你在这呢!
It's my favorite superhero the Retractor!
这不是我最爱的超级英雄:回收侠吗!
Come on, don't give him a hard time.
拜托了,别让他不好过
I'm sorry, Cooper.
抱歉啦,库珀
I retract it.
我"收回"这句话
By the way, Hofstadter,
顺便说一句,霍夫斯塔特
nice job disproving the Chinese team. It's not a big deal.
驳回中国团队的发现这事干的太好了,这没什么大不了的
It's a huge deal.
这很重要好不好
Cooper, maybe physics just isn't your thing.
库珀,也许干物理不是你的强项
Have you ever considered a career in retail?
你有没有想过在零售业谋一份工作?
That way you could take things back for a living.
这样你就能靠回收东西养家糊口了
Okay, Barry, that's enough. Oh, no, that's okay.
好了,巴里,到此为止,噢不,这没关系
I can fight my own battles. Isn't that right, "Bawwy."
我的仗我自己来打,你说对吧,"Bawwy"
Is...? Is that a reference to my speech impediment?
这是...?你这是戳我言语障碍的痛处吗?
That's pretty hurtful.
这太伤人了
I... I can't control it.
我...我没法控制它
You're right, That was uncalled for.
你说得对,这太没必要了
I take it back.
我收回这句话
Of course you do. Because you're the Retractor!
当然你会啦,因为你是回收侠啊!
Raj, this dinner was amazing.
拉杰,这顿饭太美味了
If you're here much longer, I'm gonna have to buy bigger clothes. Nonsense. You need a little fattening up.
如果你再住久点,我得去买大一号的衣服了。说什么呢。你需要长点肉
You've been looking too skinny lately. Aw.
你最近看起来太消瘦了。真贴心
Howie, how come you never say anything sweet like that?
华仔,为什么你从来不说像这么贴心的话呢?
What are you talking about? Remember last week, when I asked you if you were wearing Spanx and you weren't? How's that different?
你说什么呢?还记得上周,我问你是不是穿着塑身衣,结果你没穿么?这有什么区别吗?
Maybe you could try being more thoughtful, like your friend Raj.
也许你能试着变得更体贴周到,像你的朋友拉杰一样
Yeah, well, maybe you could try being more like Raj.
是吗,也许你也能试着变得更像他一样
Oh, really? Yeah, yeah.
噢,真的吗?真的,那当然
He packed me a lunch this morning. And there was a note inside that said, "Go get 'em""
他早上帮我准备了午餐,里面还有张便条写着"去打败他们"
Like I don't do enough around here. Now I need to pack your lunch?
好像我做的还不够一样,现在我还得帮你准备午餐?
And by the way, why do you need a note telling you to "go get 'em"? You're a grown man! You should know to "go get 'em"!
顺便说一句, 你为什么需要一张便条来告诉你"去打败他们"?你是个成年人好吗!你应该知道"去打败他们"
I do know to "go get 'em" but sometimes it's nice to have emotional support when I'm going and getting them!
"我确实知道"去打败他们",但有时候当我"出去"并"打败他们"的时候有这种精神支持感觉很好!
Hey, hey, do you hear yourselves? Let's just, you know, all calm down and take a step back.
嘿,你们能听见自己在说什么吗?让我们都冷静下退一步讲
This is stupid. Why are we fighting?
这太傻了,我们为什么要吵架?
I don't know.
我也不知道
I guess I was just feeling like I'm a lousy husband.
我猜我就是感觉自己像是个差劲的丈夫
You're not a lousy husband. You're a great husband.
你不是个差劲的丈夫,你是个好丈夫
I was the one feeling like a lousy wife.
我才感觉我自己是个差劲的妻子呢
Are you kidding? You're the best.
你说什么呢?你是最好的妻子
I know what the problem is. It's him!
我知道问题所在了。就是他!
Oh, what did I do? You made us feel like we're not trying hard enough. Yeah, we were totally fine half-assing our marriage till you showed up.
我招谁惹谁啦?你让我们觉得我们不够努力,就是,我们本来在婚姻的中途好好的直到你出现
Look, I'm sorry you're upset with me, but I just have to say it's nice to see the two of you on the same page.
听着,我很抱歉你们对我很生气,但我就是想说很高兴看到你们站在同一阵线
Oh, it does feel good to have you backing me up for once.
是啊,感觉真的很好,你终于挺了我一次
I back you up all the time! That is not... He's doing it again! What is wrong with you?!
我一直挺你的好不好!这也太...他又故技重施了!你丫有病吗?!
I can't believe they kicked you out.
我真不敢相信他们赶你出来了
I can't believe they're still married.
我不敢相信他们竟然还没离婚
Oh, no, I forgot Cinnamon's toothbrush at Howard's.
噢糟了,我把肉桂儿的牙刷忘在霍华德家了
I guess you're sharing with Daddy again.
我想你又得和你爹地我合用啦
Bark once if you need me to call PETA.
需要我打电话给善待动物组织请叫一声
What's that animal doing in our apartment? Oh, relax, she's in her crate. She can't get out.
这只动物在我们公寓做什么呢?别激动,她在箱子里出不来
I have two words for you: Jurassic Park.
我给你五个字:侏罗纪公园
This day just keeps getting worse and worse.
这些天真是每况愈下啊
You know, if it makes you feel any better... It probably won't. You're probably right.
如果能让你好过点...我估计不能,估计你是对的
Sheldon, it's a beautiful night.
谢尔顿,多美的夜晚啊
Why don't you and I go for a nice walk together?
要不你和我一起去散个步吧?
Oh, everything is just sex with you isn't it?
是不是每件事都能让你性致盎然啊?
Sheldon, I think you might find the support you're looking for, if you realize that relationships are a give and take.
谢尔顿,我想你可能找到了你一直在寻找的支持,如果你能意识到感情有付出和回报
She can only be there for you as much as you are for her.
只有你对她不离不弃,她才会一直在你身边
Thank you, Rajesh. And, Amy, you need to be patient with Sheldon, instead of pressuring him to accept intimacy on your terms.
谢谢你,拉杰什。还有,艾米,你得对谢尔顿耐心点,别老给他施压让他接受你想要的那种亲密
You should probably go.
你还是走人吧
I'm Ira Flatow, and this is Science Friday. I'd like to welcome back Dr. Sheldon Cooper,
我是艾拉·弗莱托,这里是科学星期五,让我们欢迎谢尔顿·库珀博士回来
who thought he had discovered a new super-heavy element only to have it disproved by my next guest, Dr. Leonard Hofstadter.
他认为自己发现了一种新型的超重元素却不料被我的另一位嘉宾莱纳德·霍夫斯塔特博士驳回
Welcome to Science Friday, gentlemen.
欢迎来到科学星期五,先生们
Thanks. Thank you.
谢谢,谢谢你
Ira, if I may, I'd like to apologize Ira for my behavior last week.
艾拉,请允许我为我上周的行为致歉
It's all right.
这没关系
Now, isn't there something you'd like to say to me? No.
难道你没有什么对我想说的吗?没有
Now, Dr. Hofstadter. Can you walk us through the process you used to disprove his theory?
好的,霍夫斯塔特博士,能否给我们讲述一下你驳回他理论所用的方法呢?
Well... I believe I can answer that.
嗯...我想我可以回答
He asked me. Fine.
他问的是我。好吧
As I was saying... You're telling it wrong. Ira...
就像我说的...你说的不对,艾拉...
to really understand the story here, you have to start at the very beginning:
为了能真正了解事情的始末,你得从头开始
A small town in East Texas, where a young genius named... Sheldon... That's right, Sheldon Cooper.
在德克萨斯州东部的小镇里,有一个年轻的天才叫做...谢尔顿,对的,叫莱纳德·霍夫斯塔特...
He was bitten by his neighbor's dog, leading to his first scientific breakthrough the doggie death-ray.
在他被邻居家的狗咬了之后,引导了他第一个科学发现狗狗死亡射线
Which, sadly, he couldn't build because Santa wouldn't bring him enriched uranium.
可惜的是,他失败了,因为圣诞老人没得带给他所需的浓缩铀
I mean, I'd really like to hear it from Dr. Hofstadter, if it's okay with you.
我的意思是,我比较希望能听霍夫斯塔特博士讲讲,如果你不介意
What a surprise.
真是奇了怪了
Did-did you invite me back just so you could ignore me?
你把我请回来就是为了无视我么?
Actually, I didn't invite you. You came in, you took a seat, and I'm not comfortable with confrontation.
事实上,我根本没邀请你,你进来,找了个座,而且我对这种对峙感到很不舒服
Sheldon, this interview is supposed to be about me.
谢尔顿,这个采访应该是和我有关的
Well, that seems like a snooze.
好吧,这也太无趣了
Even for public radio.
甚至对公共广播电台来说
You know, if we did a shot every time, they said something embarrassing, this would be one hell of a drinking game.
你知道吗,如果他们每说一句丢人的话,我们都喝一杯,这绝对会是个翻天覆地的饮酒赛
A little early for alcohol, isn't it?
现在喝酒早了点吧,是不是?
You know, I don't just say smart things about science.
你要知道,我不止能发表犀利的科学观点
I also Yodel.
我还会约德尔唱法
I'll get the Vodka.
我去拿伏特加