Afraid you'll fall in love?
担心你会爱上它吗
Something like that.
差不多吧
Well I can see you have good taste.
看得出来你的品味很好
This is the one.
这就你想要的
Coupe de Ville. 1962
1962年产凯迪拉克威乐双门小轿车,
Does everything but make breakfast.
除了做早饭,什么都会
What are you in now?
你现在开什么车
I had a Dodge.
我有一辆道奇
Those are wonderful if you want to get somewhere.
那种车很适合还在为生计奋斗的人开
This is for when you've already arrived.
而这辆车是专为功成名就的人设计的
Is that right?
是这样的吗
Of course someone like you
当然,像你这样的人
You don't need to see yourself in a Cadillac.
是不需要用卡迪拉克来显示身份
You're walking about in one every day.
你已经够显赫了
How'd you like your car to look like that?
你不想让你的车也沾染同样的风采吗
Look at you.
看看你
I bet you'd be as comfortable in one of these
我打赌,你在这辆车里将会舒适无比
As you would in your own skin.
您将忘却一切疲惫,感知真我的存在
Wayne Kirkby. Do you have a card?
我叫韦恩·柯克比,你有名片吗
Sterling Cooper.
斯特林库珀公司的
Did Roger Sterling send you?
罗杰·斯特林推荐你来的吗
Yes.
是的
Let me go and get the keys Mr. Draper.
我去拿车钥匙,德雷柏先生
Don't you want to hold onto these?
你不想一直拥有这些东西吗
I don't know. The '49 rattled.
我不知道,49年的车型噪声很大
This is the 1950 model.
这是1950年的车型
It's quite different under the hood.
它的引擎可和别的车不一样
Don't talk to me.
跟我说没用
Talk to him. It's his money.
跟他说,那是他的钱
I'm just here to make sure
我来这只是为了确保
you don't shake his hand and take his fingers.
你不是在蒙他的钱
Charlie this car is two years old with only 25000 miles on it.
查理,这辆车用了两年,行驶里程只有25000英里
It's what you want.
这正是你想要的
This must be Mrs. Wheatley.
这位一定是惠特利太太吧
No.
不是
Why don't you sit in it again?
你可以再去感受一下
You two talk.
你们慢慢商量
May I help you ma'am?
有什么事吗,女士
Are you Donald Draper?
你是唐纳德·德雷柏吗
Yes I am.
是的
If it's about my circular
如果你想问关于广告上登出的车型
Many of the models are gone
很多车已经卖空了
But I'm sure we can find you something.
但我相信一定能帮你找到满意的
I'm not here to buy a car.
我不是来买车的
You're a hard man to find.
你可真让人难找
Excuse me?
你什么意思
You're not Don Draper.
你不是唐·德雷柏
Mr. Draper? Mr. Draper?
德雷柏先生,德雷柏先生
Everything okay?
没什么问题吧
Yes.
是的
Let me take you for a ride.
让我带你出去兜一圈
No.
不了
Thank you.
谢谢
I don't hear that a lot.
很少有人会拒绝的
Well. Have a good day.
祝你有个愉快的一天
Good afternoon Miss Siegal.
下午好,西格尔小姐
Mr. Sterling.
斯特林先生
Is your boss in?
你老板在吗
No but he will be.
还没有,但他就快回来了
Where'd you get that sweater?
你这件毛衣在哪买的
I want to make sure my daughter never buys it.
我希望我女儿永远买不到这样的衣服
Klein's.
在克莱因店买的(即著名的CK品牌)
I doubt your daughter shops there.
我估计你女儿不会去那儿买东西
Union Square right? Is that where you live?
那家店在联合广场对吧,你住那儿吗
I've told you all you have to do is look at my file.
我告诉过你的,你只要看我的简历就行了
That's cheating.
这可是作弊
How was your lunch Mr. Draper?
午饭吃的还好吧,德雷柏先生
Good.
不错
Mr. Sterling's here to see you.
斯特林先生想见你
Get Mr. Phillips.
把菲利普斯先生给我找来
Mr. Draper Mrs. Barrett called again.
德雷柏先生,巴雷特太太又打电话来了
Did she leave a message?
她留言了吗
No.
没有
Shall I tell Mr. Phillips you returned?
要我去告诉菲利普斯先生你回来了吗
Yes.
是的
I'll bet she suffers in silence out there
我打赌她在外面寂寞无助
Hoping you'll notice her.
期望着你能注意到她
I don't think she cries at night from lack of attention.
我不认为她会因为缺少关注而整夜哭泣
Wait till she finds out about your Cadillac.
等她注意到你的卡迪拉克
She'll be waiting naked right in front of this window.
她就会脱光了等在门外了
Now you're thinking about her.
现在你忍不住开始考虑她了
Didn't you go see Wayne?
你去找过韦恩了吗
I'm going to eliminate your objections right away.
我现在就要打消你的顾虑
First of all you can afford it.
第一,你买得起
Do you know how invigorating it is
你知道那有多爽吗
To go in and write a check
阔步走进汽车店铺,签一张
For $6500 and not care?
6500美元的支票,却完全不在乎
Secondly
第二
Not to get too deep before the cocktail hour
在夜生活开始之前我不想搞得太深奥
But do I need to remind you of the finite nature of life?
但是我应该提醒你,生命苦短
Mr. Phillips.
菲利普斯先生来了
Send him in.
让他进来
Like the song says enjoy yourself.
像歌里唱的,及时享乐
It's later than you think.
欢乐时光总比你期望的要来的更晚
Martinson Coffee.
马丁森咖啡
Martinson's.
马丁森氏咖啡
They changed it.
他们改了
Change it back.
让他们改回来
Jim Van Dyke told the people at Grey they're under review.
吉姆·范·戴克告诉格雷手下的人他们还在审查
So Grey must be scrambling.
格雷估计一定抓狂了吧
It's hard for them to do a lot of new work.
让他们做这么多新的项目是不容易
They just redesigned labels
他们不过是重新设计了商标
Displays and dropped the S
柜台展示,去掉了那个字母S
but they have some kids working on print and TV.
但是他们派年轻人做电视和出版物的广告
Are they better than our kids?
那些人比我们这的年轻人要好吗
We'll find out.
走着瞧好了
Well you're welcome.
你有闲情自己去比较好了
I spent Saturday birding with that man
我整个周六都在和那个人一块观鸟
And by birding I mean sitting on a stump
我是说我们一起坐在一个树桩上
With a pair of binoculars whispering.
拿着望远镜小声讨论
Did you see anything unusual?
你看到什么奇特的东西了吗
A refrigerator floating in a pond.
一个冰箱飘在湖面上
Mr. Smith and Mr. Smith are here.
两位史密斯先生来了
Just a minute.
马上就好
Did you let them stay up late?
你让他们熬夜做这个吗
I'd love to hear this. I don't know.
我真想听听,我不知道,-
If I fill you full of
如果我接着鼓励你的话
Any more confidence you'll burst.
你就要自满的爆炸了
You don't dance or you don't dance with me?
你不会跳舞,还是你不愿意和我跳舞
Leave her alone. Let's go.
别骚扰她,进来
Heard you're gonna knock'em dead.
听说你准备把他们打得落花流水
Look Don it's pretty clear why we're here.
听着唐,你叫我们来的原因很明确
You want to know how our generation feels.
你想知道我们这一代人的想法
Okay.
好吧
So I get this letter from my friend back in Michigan.
我接到一个在密西根的朋友的信
He's still in school man
他还在上学
And it's got this I don't know
他给我寄了这个,我不知道
rant in it.
长达60页的激情陈述,60-page
So dig it.
好好听着
"We would replace power rooted in possession
"那些来自于财产,特权,
Privilege or circumstance by power and uniqueness
和天命的力量,终将被来自于
Rooted in love reflectiveness Reason and creativity."
博爱,深思,理智和创造力的力量所取代"
That's a beautiful sentiment.
这是一个非常好的想法
Does your friend know what you do for a living?
你朋友知道你是做什么的吗
Yeah there was a shitty note with it
知道,但是他不怎么喜欢
But this whole concept is deep.
但是这个概念是非常有深度的
"Students for a Democratic Society."
"为了社会民主而奋斗的学生们"
That's a hell of a focus group.
真是典型的焦点小组式研究方法
It's how our generation feels.
我们这一代人就这么想
It is what it is.
直面事物的内部真相
It's idealistic.
太理想主义了
That's nice.
听着不错
Your generation wants to talk about
你们那一代就想着谈论
That newly designed can and the premium beans
新设计的罐头和优质大豆
But we don't want to be told what we should do
但是我们不想听别人发号施令
Or how we should act.
也不想别人教我们如何去应对
We just want to be.
我们只是想做自己
You just want to be selling Martinson's Coffee?
你们就想去卖马丁森氏咖啡吗
Just listen to this.
先听听这个
So the thought is
关于这个产品的想法就是
Every maternity ward will get a visit from a registered nurse
护士会到每个产科病房
With a doll and a crate of Pampers
给她们一个娃娃和一箱帮宝适
And she will extol their virtues which are many.
而且护士会大力赞赏这玩意儿的神奇功能
What did Draper say?
德雷柏觉得怎么样
He liked it
他挺喜欢的
But he said the same thing he keeps saying.
但是他一直在说那几句老话
I can't get them to lower the price.
我没办法叫他们继续降价了
Do you know the years of R&D P&G put into this?
你知道保洁公司研究这个用了多少年吗
Besides they're worth it.
而且,这是值得的
No boiling no diaper service
不用煮沸,不用整天换尿布
No plastic pants.
不用塑料裤子
And the greatest benefit of all you can throw them away.
最方便的是,你可以用完就扔
10 cents a piece
10美分一件,
You kind of think you should reuse them.
你会忍不住想要重复使用它
Mr. Draper went over these ideas
德雷柏先生看过这些创意了
And had thoughts he would like you all to discuss.
这些意见希望你们能讨论一下
Well it's 5:00. Are we going out?
五点了,我们该走了吗
I don't know sweetheart.
我不知道,亲爱的
Maybe.
没准
I'll take those papers.
我来弄这些文件
Good night Miss Olson.
晚安,奥尔森小姐
Jane would you mind helping us clean this up?
简,能帮我清理一下吗
I'm meeting with Cooper tomorrow.
我明天准备去见库珀
He said he wants to see me and only me.
他说他只想单独见我一个人
Isn't that from West Side Story?
这不是《西区故事》里的台词吗
You know he's going to ask you about the picture.
你知道他准会问那个图的事
What picture?
什么图
Some new painting.
那些新的画
He calls people in to see what they think.
他叫了人去看,询问他们的看法
No I think we're going to discuss
不,我想我们会讨论
Expanding the television department.
是不是应该扩大电视部
I heard it cost $10000.
我听说那要花上1万美元
How does everybody know about this?
为什么大家都这么说
Are you making it up?
是你瞎编的吗
Last year Harry went up to the roof looking for cosmonauts.
去年,哈里跑到房顶上去看宇航员
Has anyone seen it?
有谁看过吗
Dale.
戴尔
It's abstract expressionist.
那是抽象表现主义
What the hell does that mean?
这话是什么意思
Thank you all for ruining this.
谢谢你把这事搞砸了
You're the one who walked to the opposite end of the office
是你走到办公室的尽头
To tell us you had a meeting.
然后告诉我们你有会要开
Well if you're lucky
好吧,你要是够幸运的话
You'll have a meeting.
你也会有个会要开
And I'm not going to tell you anything about the damn picture.
而且我不会告诉你任何关于画的事
Why don't you just go look at it?
为什么你们不自己去看看
I'm sorry Jane
对不起,简
But you just don't walk into his office like that.
你不能就那么进他的办公室
But he's gone for the day.
但是他今天已经下班了
That doesn't matter.
那又怎么样
Miss Blankenship won't mind.
布兰肯希普小姐不会介意的
I'm going to go up and see it.
我要去看看
I'll go anywhere you go.
你去哪我就去哪
Well she's gone.
好的,她已经走了
What are you doing?
你在干什么
It's open.
门开着
Are you suicidal? Let's go.
你想找死吗,赶紧走吧
I can't believe you all.
你们真让我失望
Take off your shoes.
把鞋脱了
I feel like we're skinny dipping.
我觉得我们像在裸泳一样
Call me from jail.
你就等着坐牢吧
You're gonna keep a lookout?
你们去看着门
Just don't touch anything.
什么都别碰
It's a Rothko.
是罗斯科的作品(美国抽象表现主义画家)
Why the hell didn't Dale say that?
戴尔为什么什么都不说
$10000.
1万美元,
So it's smudgy squares?
一堆模糊的方块
That's interesting.
非常有趣
Two possibilities...
两种可能
Either Cooper loves it
要不库珀喜欢这个
And you have to love it
然后你必须也跟着喜欢
Like in an "Emperor's New Clothes" situation
就像皇帝的新衣那样
Or he thinks it's a joke
要不就是他觉得这是个玩笑
And you'll look like a fool if you pretend to dig it.
如果你假装有深度,你就是个蠢蛋
People like him pretend they understand this.
人们喜欢假装他们懂这类东西
Maybe he has a brochure in here something that explains it.
也许他有个说明什么的,能解释一下
I don't think it's supposed to be explained.
我不认为这有什么好解释的
I'm an artist okay?
我是个艺术家好不好
It must mean something.
这肯定有特别的意义
Maybe it doesn't.
也许没有
Maybe you're just supposed to experience it.
也许你只需要感受一下就好
Because when you look at it you do feel something right?
当你观赏它的时候,你会感觉到什么,对吧
It's like looking into something very deep.
它看起来很深奥
You could fall in.
你可能会彻底地沉迷
That's true.
说的不错
Did someone tell you that?
有人告诉你这个吗
How could someone tell you that?
别人怎么会告诉我这个
This is pointless. Let's go.
这一点意义都没有,走吧
I'm ready.
我准备好了
Harry actually took the stairs.
哈里竟然走了楼梯
We could have stolen it couldn't we?
其实我们可以把画偷出来,是吧
Who are you?
你以为你是谁
I was thinking I could write a great short story about this...
我想我能把这个写成一个不错的小说
You know "The Day We Looked at the Painting."
"我们赏画的日子"
I'm a writer.
我是一个作家
I thought you were an accountant.
我以为你是个会计师
Accounts.
是业务员
I've been published.
我发表过作品的
The Atlantic Monthly Parabolas.
《大西洋月刊》《抛物线》
That's right. The story about the maple tree.
是的,那个关于枫树的故事
It was beautiful and sad.
非常美丽而忧伤的故事
Really? You read it?
是吗,你读过了吗
Everybody read it.
我们都看过了
People were jealous.
大家都很嫉妒
Where are you headed? Are you hungry?
你准备去哪,饿了吗
No. Good night.
不,晚安
You're still working here.
你还在这工作
You missed something my yellow-bellied friend.
你错过了,胆小的家伙
Jane Siegal is a genuine thrill.
简·西格尔真是个尤物
Breaking and entering.
我打算俘获她的芳心
I don't care about Jane.
我才不关心什么简呢
Tell me about Coop's painting.
说说库珀的画
What about Mr. Cooper's painting?
库珀的画怎么了
Enjoy that.
你好好享用吧
Can I get another coffee here please?
能再给我来一杯吗
I'll tell you what I heard.
我来告诉你我都听到什么了
You Mr. Cosgrove and Jane
你,科斯格罗夫先生还有简
Were in Mr. Cooper's office looking at his painting.
到库珀先生的办公室看他的画
Anything you'd like to correct?
有什么要纠正的吗
Mind your own business.
少管闲事
I had nothing to do with it.
我跟这事一点关系都没有
Thank you.
谢谢
Nothing happened.
什么都没发生
Look if Kurt says we don't need artwork
听着,如果库特说我们不需要艺术作品
We don't need artwork.
那么我们就不要艺术作品
Is that what Kurt said?
库特是这么说的吗
Is that what you said?
是你这么说的吧
Don has his signature.
唐已经签过字了
It's nice down here.
这真不错
Hey Kenneth.
大家好啊,肯尼斯,-
3:00 and he doesn't talk in the meeting.
三点开会,不许他发言,
How about last night?
昨天晚上发生什么了
Quite an adventure.
非常惊险
Listen I was thinking about
听着,我在想,你之前跟我说过
What you said about my story
关于我写的作品的事
About it being sad and beautiful?
美丽而忧伤
You're not like everyone else around here.
你跟其他人不一样
I don't know if that's true.
我不知道是不是这样
Okay. Here goes.
好了,拿着
Would you mind taking a look at this?
你介意花点时间看看这个吗
Are you kidding?
你在开玩笑吗
I don't want you to pull any punches.
我不希望你跟我有所保留
Unless you hate it
除非你讨厌这个
In which case don't tell me.
那样的话,就别跟我说了
I'm kind of fragile.
我很脆弱的
I'd be honored.
我很荣幸看你的作品
Well great then.
那就好了
Take your time.
慢慢来
Ken.
肯,
Yeah.
怎么了
You know I can probably read it by Sunday
我估计周日就能看完
And you can come over for dinner
你可以过来吃晚饭
You know with Kitty and I.
和我,还有凯蒂
I know you need a home-cooked meal.
我知道你需要一个家庭晚餐
You have plans?
你有别的计划了吗
No.
没有
Are you sure it's okay?
你确定这样好吗
You want me to give this back?
你还想拿回这个吗
Young people do not drink coffee
年轻人不喝咖啡
And that can become a lifetime habit.
而这可以变成一种长期习惯
Now we're aware
我们现在明白
That unsuccessful attempts have been made...
之前的计划没有任何效果
puppets and so forth...
诸如木偶之类的广告计划
To capture the attention of youth.
必须抓住年轻人的注意力
That's why we're here.
我们来这就是为了这个
There is an old saying
有句古话是这么说的
When one is in Indian country
当一个人在印度
one needs a man who knows Indians.
他需要会说印度语的人来帮助他
Mr. Smith?
史密斯先生
So.
那么
Where do we start?
我们从哪里开始
Joe Martinson.
乔·马丁森
Old cup of Joe.
老乔咖啡
They named it after him right?
他们以他的名字来命名的,对吧
That's just ancient history now.
这是老掉牙的故事了
There have been a million ways that the folks on this avenue
这条大道上,人们试图用无数的方法
Have tried to tell our generation what to do.
来告诉我们这代人去做什么事
Except we don't want to be told what to do.
但是我们不想听别人发号施令
That's over.
那个时代已经结束了
We want to find things for ourselves.
我们想追求自己的理想
We want to feel.
我们想去自己感受
Okay.
好吧
Martinson's is a great coffee.
马丁森咖啡很好
It's delicious and it's hot and it's brown.
美味,暖人,浓香
That's all you need to say.
你这么说就够了
We don't need more than that.
在此之外,我们不需要另外的修饰
Peggy. Sweetheart?
佩奇,亲爱的
I don't know if I understand this.
我不知道我是不是明白了
It's a jingle right?
这是个广告歌,对吧
It's a song and it's a mood
是一首歌,一种情绪
And it's a feeling.
一种感觉
It's definitely more than a jingle.
这绝对不仅仅是一首广告歌
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
It stays with you.
它会萦绕在你耳边
What are the pictures that go with this?
那它的配图呢
If you sign we'll tell you.
如果你签了,我们会告诉你的
So Media Purchases.
媒体采购
Starting in March I'm looking at column 5
从三月份开始,看第五栏
Under Regional Affiliates.
区域的报刊分支
Mr. Crane focus please.
克雷恩先生,请集中注意力
We didn't make you head of television
我们让你当上电视部的主管
Just to shorten your attention span.
可不是为了让你经常走神
I'm sorry sir.
对不起,先生
I was admiring your painting.
我在欣赏您收藏的画作
The eye is drawn to it.
人们总是情不自禁地看两眼
It's very modern.
非常的现代
Mark Rothko. I've read about him.
马克·罗斯科,我在报上读过他的消息
And?
还有呢
What do you think about it?
你觉得怎么样
Nobody has ever asked me that.
从来没有人问过我这个
Probably because it's none of their business.
估计是因为这跟他们都没关系
Right.
我想也是
How does it strike you?
它为什么让你痴迷
Sir I know nothing about art.
先生,我对艺术一点也不了解
Mr. Crane you're here because of numbers.
克雷恩先生,你来这是为了数字
Stick to that.
集中注意力在那上面
Don't concern yourself with aesthetics.
不要整天想着艺术
You'll get a headache.
你会头疼的
Of course.
当然
People buy things to realize their aspirations.
人们买这些东西来激发他们的灵感
It's the foundation of our business.
这是我们这行的基石
But between you and me and the lamppost
但是我私下可以向你透露一下
That thing should double in value by next Christmas.
它的价值会在下个圣诞节之前翻倍
Where were we?
我们刚刚刚说到哪了
Column 5 here...Regional Newspaper Affiliates.
第五栏,区域的报刊分支
Your hair is turning green.
你的头发变绿了
You have to wear the bathing cap.
你一定要带浴帽
It squeezes my head.
那个总夹着我的头
Don't leave your wet suit on the floor.
别把你的湿衣服拖到地下
Draper residence.
这里是德雷柏家
Is this the belle of the Hudson River Valley?
是哈德逊河流域的美女吗
Who is this?
你是谁
It's Jimmy Barrett sweetheart.
我是吉米·巴雷特,亲爱的
Mr. Barrett.
巴雷特先生
Are you looking for Don?
你找唐吗
Because he's at the office.
他在他的办公室
I know exactly what I'm doing.
我十分清楚我现在做什么
ABC picked up Grin and Barrett
ABC电视台预定了《格林和巴雷特》
My TV show 39 episodes.
我的新节目,39集
That's wonderful. Congratulations.
太好了,祝贺你
We're having a shindig at the Stork Club.
我们在斯托克俱乐部有个盛大的舞会
Donnie didn't get back to me
唐没有回我的电话
So I figured if you're anything like my wife
所以我想,如果你和我妻子一样的话
You book the dance card.
肯定是由你来定舞会的票
Monday night so the celebrities can come.
周一晚上,名流们都可以来
That sounds like fun
听起来很有趣
But celebrities make me shy.
但是名流让我害羞
Keep playing that gorgeous.
接着来啊,美人
It works wonders.
太会说话了
I'll talk to Don about it.
我会和唐说的
Don't you want to go?
难道你不想去吗
You can't leave me alone with those people.
你不能让我一个人在那儿
Ride the horse in like Lady Godiva.
骑着马冲进来吧,就像戈黛娃夫人那样(为减免赋税,裸身骑马穿过市内所有街道)
I think I should hang up now.
我想我该挂了
Betty
贝蒂
It would mean a lot to me if you were there.
你的出现对我很重要
We will try. Have a nice day Jimmy.
我们会考虑的,祝你一天愉快,吉米
Mr. Phillips.
菲利普斯先生进来了
Right now there's a little boy
有个小苦力现在正从
Running over here from Martinson Coffee
马丁森咖啡公司往这儿跑
With a check in his hand.
手里还举着一张支票
It's done. Congratulations.
都搞定了,祝贺你
Thanks.
谢谢
You want me to send for something for you?
你需要我帮你带什么东西吗
No but don't let me dampen your spirits.
不,但是别让我抑制了你的灵感
Unfurl the sails please.
张开风帆航行吧
That was good advance work.
这次事先工作做得很好
That's my job.
这是我的工作
Maybe we'll get a shot at LifeSavers.
也许我们去当救生员也会很成功
Mr. Cooper wants to speak with you.
库珀先生想跟你谈谈
We'll be right there.
我们马上就过去
He just asked for you Mr. Draper.
他只要求见你一个人,德雷柏先生
Thanks again.
再次感谢
Congratulations Don.
祝贺你,唐
Sit with us.
坐过来
Thank you.
谢谢
But I didn't do it alone.
这不是我一个人的功劳
Fascinating.
非常好
Jim Van Dyke of Martinson Coffee was thoroughly impressed.
马丁森咖啡公司的吉姆·范·戴克非常的满意
He's inviting you to join the board
他邀请你加入
Of the Museum of Early American Folk Arts.
早期美国民俗艺术馆的董事会
That's nice.
听起来不错
What is it?
那是什么
Doesn't exist yet.
还没有成立
But I've seen the opening exhibit.
但是我看过开馆展览
Whirligigs.
变幻莫测的东西
Do they need a campaign?
他们需要广告吗
No. Philanthropy is the gateway to power.
不,乐善好施就是通向权利的大门
If you say so.
这么说确实很有道理
We need you to continue your excellence in advertising
我们需要你接着在广告方面好好表现
But also to start treating this like part of a bigger business
但同时也把这个看成是大事业的一部分
Which it is.
而且事实也正如此
I will.
我会的
Do you understand what this means?
你知道这意味着什么吗
You're going to be wearing your tuxedo a lot more.
你穿晚礼服的次数将大大增加
It's time for the horse to catch the carrot.
该是大展宏图的时候了
Roger would you mind?
罗杰,你介意我们单独谈谈吗
Would you agree that I know a little bit about you?
你同意我还是有点了解你的吗
A little.
有点儿
There are few people who get to decide
在我们的业界
What will happen in our world.
只有少数人能决定将会发生什么
You have been invited to join them.
而你被邀请加入这个团体
Pull back the curtain and take your seat.
揭开序幕,严阵以待
You're back.
你还是又回来了
I had a feeling.
我有一种感觉
You want to take it for a drive?
你想开开吗
Wayne I would like to buy this car.
韦恩,我想买这车
Jane would you come with me please?
简,请你来一下
Is something wrong?
有什么事吗
Just tell me.
告诉我吧
You want to have this conversation here?
你想让我在这儿说吗
Fine.
好吧
You broke into Mr. Cooper's office
你下班后和一些经理们
With some executives after hours.
闯去库珀先生的办公室
That's not true.
没这回事
I'm not in the habit of making empty accusations.
我可不会没事乱编这些东西
They made me. I had no choice.
他们逼我去的,我没有选择
Please. They'll do anything you say.
得了吧,他们听你的还差不多
You work for Mr. Draper.
你可是为德雷柏先生工作的
What's wrong with you?
你到底怎么了
With me?
我怎么了
Yes.
是啊
Are you the only one who's allowed to have fun around here?
只有你能在这儿随便玩吗
What?
你说什么
Please. I don't need a mother.
拜托,我不需要一个妈妈
I'm 20 years old.
我已经20岁了
Collect your things.
收拾你的东西
What?
什么
Get your things.
收拾东西走人
You can't be serious.
你不能这样
You want to have this conversation again in front of Mr. Draper?
你希望德雷柏先生亲自处理这件事吗
I'm going to the break room to find your replacement.
我去找人来接你的班
See that you are gone by the time I return.
你最好在我回来之前离开
Don!
唐,
You like it?
你喜欢吗
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么好
It's gorgeous.
太棒了
Slide over.
坐过去
It's like the cockpit of a jet.
就像飞机的驾驶舱
What's this for?
这是干什么的
That is a headlight sensor.
是车头灯的感应器
It automatically dims the lights as you approach another car.
当你接近另一辆车的时候自动让车灯减弱
And these seats.
还有这座椅
It was expensive.
很贵的
Do you love it? I do.
你喜欢吗,喜欢,-
Well you deserve it. You work so hard.
你应得的,你这么努力地工作
I can't wait to pull up to the Stork Club in this.
真想赶快开着它去斯托克俱乐部
Any time you want.
随时都可以
Monday night?
周一晚上可以吗
Jimmy Barrett's throwing a party for his TV show.
吉米·巴雷特为他的新节目办了一个派对
He called for you.
他给你打了电话
He called here?
他打到家里来了
He should have gone through my secretary.
他应该打给我的秘书
I think he likes talking to me.
我觉得他喜欢和我讲话
The kids won't be home for an hour.
孩子一个小时之后才回来
Want to take her around the block?
想开着她绕附近街区转转吗
Not in here.
这儿可不行
Mr. Sterling?
斯特林先生
I'm sorry. Ginger stepped away.
对不起,金吉刚好没在
Well. Hello there.
哦,你好啊
I just wanted to say good-bye and thank you for being so kind to me.
我就是来说再见,感谢你对我这么好
Good-bye?
说再见
I've been fired.
我被开除了
Draper's a tough desk honey.
德雷柏可不好伺候
Actually it was Miss Holloway.
事实上,是霍洛韦小姐把我开除了
I can see someone wanting to reprimand you seriously.
我可以想像有人狠狠地批评你
But firing? It's a little permanent.
但是开除你,有点过分了
Do you want a drink?
想喝点什么吗
Not like you work here anymore.
反正你也不在这里上班了
Would you like to tell me what happened?
你想告诉我到底是怎么回事吗
You don't need to bother with this.
你不用特意来管我的事
I want to.
我想管
I'm just trying to do my job.
我就是想做好我的工作
Miss Holloway is...
霍洛韦小姐有点
Well she's going through a rough time.
她最近有点不太顺心
She's engaged you know.
她订婚了,你知道吗
Tell you what.
听着
You go home...
你先回家
Where do you live?
你住在哪
In the Village.
住在乡村旅馆
Jane Street.
就在那条名字也叫"简"的街上
Jane on Jane Street.
住在简街的简
That's a pretty picture.
非常有意思
Listen you go home to your little apartment on Jane Street.
听着,你先回到简街的小公寓里
By the time you come back here on Monday morning
当你周一回来的时候
This will all be taken care of.
这些都会搞定的
Are you sure?
你确定吗
No more tears.
别再哭了
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
Thank you Mr. Sterling. Thank you so much.
谢谢你,斯特林先生,太感谢你了
Roger.
叫我罗杰
That's my favorite tie.
这是我最喜欢的领带
He's late. I was expecting that.
他来晚了,就像我预料得那样
He is a bachelor.
他是单身汉嘛
Kitty You could smell heaven in the street.
凯蒂,在街上就像闻到了天堂的味道
I'd like to take credit but it's all the maestro.
我很想说是我的功劳,但其实是"厨神"的杰作
These are beautiful.
这些花实在太美了
Don't forget to put an aspirin in the bottom.
别忘了在瓶底放几片阿司匹林
Keeps 'em fresh.
可以让花保持光鲜
I know that. I told you that.
我知道,还是我告诉你的呢
Can I offer you a drink?
想喝点什么吗
Beer if you have it.
如果可以,就啤酒吧
But wine with the spaghetti. Okay?
但是我们只有红酒和意大利面
Your place is... really wild.
你们家还真是,非常宽敞(反语)
Once we decided not to look for a bigger place
当我们决定不再寻觅更大房子的时候
We just let ourselves go.
我们就放纵自己折腾了
How did you two meet?
你们俩怎么认识的
It's a boring story.
非常无聊的故事
No it's not.
才不是的呢
I grew up a block away from him in Baltimore.
我在距他家一个街区的巴尔的摩长大
I guess I just always had a crush on an older man.
我想我就是对老男人难以自持
As soon as I moved my mother up here Kitty came along.
我刚刚搬来的时候,凯蒂就出现了
Come come. Taste this sauce.
来,尝尝这个酱
Now tell me what you think and be honest.
告诉我你觉得怎么样,诚实点
I'm fragile.
我很脆弱
It's really good.
这个很棒
It's better than a restaurant.
比餐馆做得还好
I don't want this hanging in the air.
我不想一直这么忐忑不安地等待
What are you talking about? My story.
你在说什么,我写的东西,-
I don't want to sit here the whole meal worrying
我不想整顿饭坐在这儿一直担心
And then find out you didn't read it
然后发现你根本没看
Or that you did and you didn't like it.
或者你看了但是不喜欢
Are you kidding? I loved it.
你开什么玩笑,我太喜欢了
Loved what? His story.
喜欢什么,他写的小说,-
Yes. He wouldn't stop talking about it
是的,他赞不绝口
but he won't let me read it.
但就是不让我看
I didn't know how you felt.
我不知道你会怎么想
I wonder if one day they'll rent this apartment
我想会有一天他们租下这个公寓
By bragging about the fact that you ate here once.
就为了吹嘘你曾今来过这里
I'm going to be eating here all the time.
我会常常来这儿吃饭的
To "The Gold Violin" by Kenneth Cosgrove.
为肯尼斯·科斯格罗夫的《金色小提琴》干杯
You really liked it?
你真的很喜欢吗
I did. It was lovely.
当然,非常的好
I saw one at the Met.
我曾经在大都会见过这样的小提琴
It's perfect in every way except it couldn't make music.
那简直是完美的,除了不能演奏音乐
Oh my.
天啊
Well shall we?
我们开吃吧
Is Bobby in the car again?
博比又跑到车里去了吗
No. He's running around.
没有,他在到处乱跑
So I don't understand.
我不明白
You'd rather play checkers than my "look at the clouds" game.
你宁愿玩格子棋也不愿意玩"看云彩"的游戏
I'd rather play with Silly Putty.
我宁愿玩橡皮泥
I don't want it jammed between my seats.
我希望你不要把那东西粘到车座上
You know what Sally? Go play with Bobby.
萨丽,去找博比玩去吧
We should do this more often.
我们应该常来
We should only do this.
我们应该就干这个
I have to go pee-pee.
我要尿尿
Go behind a tree there. No one's looking.
去树后面,没人看你
I want to tinkle outside.
我也想在外面尿尿
I don't know.
我不知道
It's different for boys.
女孩跟男孩不一样
I think everybody should go before we get in the car.
我觉得上车之前大家都该解决一下
Do you have to go?
你一定得去吗
No.
不,
You kids are lucky.
你们这些小孩真幸运
When I was a little boy
当我还是小男孩的时候
Back on the farm
在农场后面
We had an outhouse way out in the yard.
院子里有个独立的厕所
And on nights when there was no moon
当晚上没有月光的时候
There was this rope
有一条绳子
And you had to feel for it in the dark and pull yourself across.
你只能摸着那个慢慢走过去
I'm glad we didn't live in the olden days.
我真庆幸我们没有生活在过去
Are we rich?
我们很有钱吗
It's not polite to talk about money.
讨论钱是非常不礼貌的
I did it! I did it!
我尿完了,我尿完了
We should probably get going if we don't want to hit traffic.
如果不想遭遇交通阻塞的话,我们该走了
Sally pack up the checkers.
萨丽,把棋子都收起来
Check their hands.
检查他们的手
Okay.
好的
You get the last of it.
你来喝完这最后的一点
Should I get another?
要我再拿一瓶吗
You can have mine.
你可以喝我的
Harry tell you anything about his meeting?
哈里跟你说开会的事了吗
Harry's meeting with who?
哈里和谁的会议
Mr. Cooper.
库珀先生
He says he knows the answer now.
他说他知道答案了
Well? What was it?
是吗,答案是什么
He says I wouldn't understand.
他说我不会明白的
Where do you live Ken?
肯,你住在哪儿
Murray Hill.
默里山酒店
I can walk to the office but I don't.
我可以走去办公室,但是我不想走
I wonder if you're gonna get a call.
我在想你是不是会接到通知了
I'm pretty sure he's going through the whole roster.
我敢肯定他会检查执勤表的
Although Cosgrove comes before Crane right?
不过,科斯格罗夫肯定排在克雷恩前面
My cousin has an advertising agency in Montreal.
我的堂兄在蒙特利尔有一家广告公司
He's not interested in that.
他对那没兴趣
How the heck did you end up in accounts?
你怎么最后去当业务员了
Me and a bunch of my college buddies heard there was dough.
我和大学同学听说那里能挣钱就去了
I was the only one who got a job.
结果就我得到了工作
What about writing?
那写作呢
That's just for fun.
就是平时的爱好而已
It's your hobby.
是你的兴趣
I should go.
我该走了
You can't.
你还不能走
Don't you want coffee?
不想要点咖啡吗
Would it be rude to say that
如果我说我回曼哈顿还要开很久
I have a long ride back to Manhattan?
不会不礼貌吧
I can wrap up a piece of pie for you.
我可以给你准备一块派
It's pine nuts and pineapple.
松果和菠萝馅儿的
If I eat any more I'll burst.
如果我再吃,我就要爆炸了
You two have been wonderful.
感谢你们的招待
Thanks for reading the story.
感谢你看了我的小说
You can let her read it.
让她也看看吧
I can't wait.
我简直迫不及待了
I'll see you tomorrow I guess.
那我们明天见
Do you want to have some pie?
你想要些派吗
No. I'm not hungry.
不,我不饿
I'm just going to clean up.
我来收拾
Do you even care that I want dessert?
你不准备问我想不想要甜点吗
Of course I do. I'll go get it.
当然了,我去给你拿
I'll get it.
我自己拿
What's the matter Kitty?
凯蒂,怎么了
I don't work where you do.
我不在你公司上班
I've met these people once.
我就见过这些人一次
How am I supposed to talk about them?
我怎么知道该和他们说什么
Come on Kitty.
好了,凯蒂
Do you even see me here?
你注意到我的存在了吗
Well of course I do.
当然,我怎么会无视你
Well you wouldn't know it Salvatore.
你自己没意识到,萨尔瓦多
I'm sorry.
抱歉
We were just talking about work.
我们只是在谈公事
You're right.
你说的太对了
It was rude.
那是很不礼貌
I tried to include myself.
我努力让自己加入你们的讨论
A lot of people find me very interesting you know?
很多人都认为我很有趣
I am so sorry Kitty.
我很抱歉,凯蒂
It's okay.
没事
I'll get you some pie.
我去给你拿派
You put your feet up.
你去歇着吧
I'll take care of the kitchen.
我来收拾厨房
Okay.
好吧
I have tickets for the Mets tonight.
我有今晚大都会的门票
Great seats for probably a terrible game.
座位很好,但是估计比赛很烂
I'll be by at 5.
我五点过来
No you won't and please don't lurk near my desk.
不,别来,别在我的桌子附近游荡
I'm being watched.
我现在被人盯着呢
Okay.
好吧
Well have a good day.
祝你一天愉快
Good morning.
早上好
Morning.
早上好
I was going to call Kitty today
我准备今天给凯蒂打电话
But I don't know what it's like with Italian people
但我不知道意大利人的习俗
If you call someone's wife.
能不能唐突地别人的妻子打电话
It's okay.
没事的
Give her a call. She'd like that.
给她打吧,她会很高兴的
Well I just wanted to thank her...both of you really.
我就是想感谢她,感谢你们两个
Every once in a while
有的时候
You wish you weren't a bachelor you know?
你希望自己不再是个单身汉
And your home is kind of what I have in mind
而且你的家庭正是我期盼的那样
The way you two are.
还有你们相处在一起时的情景
Well we really enjoyed having you.
我们很高兴可以请你吃饭
What on God's green earth are you doing here?
你还待在在这儿干什么
Did Mr. Sterling speak with you?
斯特林先生和你谈过了吗
No.
没有
What could he possibly have to do with this?
他和这个有什么关系
I'll do whatever you want but he said that you do this a lot.
你要我干什么都行,他说你经常这样
Do what?
我怎么样
Lose your temper.
无故发脾气
That you're impetuous and it's not serious.
你很冲动,但其实并不是真的发火
And what were you doing talking to Mr. Sterling?
你怎么会和斯特林先生说这个
I ran into him on my way out.
我出去的时候正好碰上他
Did you?
是吗
Is there a problem?
有什么问题吗
No.
没有
There's no problem at all.
完全没有问题
It's very clear.
非常的清楚
Everyone looks so glamorous.
所有人看起来都美极了
Believe me they're saying that about you.
相信我,他们也这么说你
It's my earrings.
那是因为我的耳环
Do you remember? Bermuda?
还记得吗,百慕大
I do.
当然
Here he is.
你终于来了
Don Draper.
唐·德雷柏
I heard you had something to do with this.
我听说这是你的功劳
Very little.
略尽绵力而已
Betty this is Andrew Colhold with ABC.
贝蒂,这是ABC电视台的安德鲁·科浩德先生
A pleasure to meet you.
很高兴见到你
And you.
彼此彼此
Isn't this a pleasant surprise?
真是个意外惊喜啊
Hello Mrs. Draper. You look stunning.
你好,德雷柏夫人,你看起来真迷人
Don.
唐,
Hello Mrs. Barrett.
你好,巴雷特夫人
Don did Andrew tell you
唐,安德鲁告诉你关于
My idea for working a few items into the show?
我想在节目里加上一些东西的事了吗
Not yet.
还没有
Why don't I get us some drinks?
我去拿些酒
That's okay. Let me get them.
没事,我去吧
I'll do it.
我去好了
No it sounds like you three have business to discuss.
没事,你们三个看起来有公事要谈
For example a woman's parking her car
比如说,一个女人在停车
And then Jimmy runs out and says she's run over his Rolex watch
然后吉米跑过去,说她碾压了他的劳力士表
So then we show the watch.
然后我们展示手表
Of course Jimmy will need a Rolex I suppose.
当然,首先吉米要有块劳力士
I don't care as long as we bury Candid Camera.
我没意见,只要我们先埋好袖珍照相机就行了
If you're trying to blend into the wall you can't.
如果你想和墙混为一体,那是不可能的
Hello Jimmy.
你好,吉米
Hello gorgeous.
你好,美人
What are you doing standing here all alone?
你怎么一个人站在这儿
They're talking business.
他们在谈公事
I fled.
我逃跑了
I'd better not.
我不要了
I've had too much already.
我已经喝得够多了
I insist.
我坚持
The drunker you are the funnier I become.
人们越醉,我越好笑
ABC did research.
ABC电视台可是做过调查的
Come on. Let's keep each other company.
来吧,看来只有我们两个相互做伴了
I wish I was a mosquito right now.
我真希望我现在是一只蚊子
I would never leave you alone.
我永远不会让你一个人呆着
Come to think of it I never do do I?
想想吧,我从来没丢下你一个人
No you don't.
是的,当然了
I'd want you on my arm.
我希望你能在我怀里
Look at us over here at the kids' table.
看看我们,坐在小孩子的一桌
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Them. Your husband.
他们,你丈夫
I've been standing behind guys like that my whole life.
我一辈子就这么站在他们后面
I was lucky I was funny.
我很幸运,因为我很滑稽
If I wasn't funny I would never have gotten to meet you.
如果我不滑稽,我就永远不可能碰到你
That's not true. It is.
不要这样说,是的,-
It's hard to believe
很难让人相信
There's anything better than you.
这世上还有比你更好的东西了
Hard to believe he could do any better than you.
很难想象他会比你做得更好
Please stop.
别说了
What do you think happened between the two of them?
你觉得他们之间会发生什么
Excuse me?
你说什么
Oh come on. Look at them.
得了吧,看看他们
I don't like what you're saying.
我不喜欢听你这么说
All I know is I know her and you know him
你了解他,就像我了解那个女人
And there they are
然后他们在哪儿
And they don't care where we are.
完全不关心我们在干什么
Stop it.
别说了
Hold on. Let me go.
等一下,让我走,-
I don't like it any more than you do.
我比你更讨厌这个
You people are ugly and crude.
你们这些人又丑陋又无礼
What people? You mean comedians?
什么人,戏剧演员吗
A very unusual emergency.
一个不同寻常的紧急情况
You know what must really annoy him?
你知道让他真正讨厌的是什么吗
All the interruptions when we're not at home...
当我们不在家时,故意偷懒
Signing for deliveries answering the phone
给司机们唱歌,接电话
Turning on the oven.
开烤箱
You know I never ask him to do that sort of thing
你知道我从不让他做这些事情
Unless it's impossible for me to be here.
除非我自己来不了
How about that Thanksgiving
那感恩节怎么样呢
When your car broke down and Daddy had to leave his office
当你们的车坏了,而爸爸需要离开办公室
Every 15 minutes to baste?
每15分钟发一次火吗
Your father never complains or anything.
你爸爸从来不抱怨什么
Well no. Daddy wouldn't.
是啊,爸爸不会的
I guess he wouldn't.
我觉得他不会的
Leaving so soon?
这么快就准备走了
We didn't get to talk.
我们还没有机会好好聊聊呢
Betty's not feeling well.
贝蒂不太舒服
Too bad.
真可惜
Here let me get that.
让我来给你拿这个
It's the least I can do.
至少我能做这个
Thanks to you I got everything I wanted.
多亏了你,我终于实现了梦想
I don't know if that's possible Jimmy.
我不知道是不是有这个可能,吉米
I got my relationship with Utz
我得到了优滋公司的赞助
My show my money 39 on the air.
我的节目,我的钱,39集准备直播
I'm gonna be an institution.
我很快就会成为名人了
I'll tell everyone I know.
我会告诉所有人的
You know what I like about you? Nothing.
你知道你哪一点让我很喜欢吗,根本没有
But it's okay.
但是这没什么
You got me everything I wanted.
你让我得到了所有我想要的
What did you get?
你得到什么了吗
Bobbie?
芭比
Lots of people have had that.
拥有她的人可不止你一个
Excuse me?
你说什么
Please. I laugh at you.
拜托,我在嘲笑你
I go home at night and I laugh at you.
我今晚回家,然后尽情嘲笑你
I don't know what you think happened.
我不知道你觉得发生什么事情了
You. You want to step out fine.
你想出轨,随你
Go to a whore.
去找妓女
You don't screw another man's wife.
你不能跟一个男人的妻子乱搞
You're garbage.
你就是个垃圾
And you know it.
你自己也清楚
Well.
好了
Good night you two.
晚安二位
It's been a gas.
今晚非常的有趣