Simple assault.
轻伤害罪
Six months' detention,
6个月监禁
Three years' probation.
缓刑3年
Two years' probation, no jail time.
缓刑2年,无须监禁
You do know it's called bargaining, right?
咱这能算是辩诉交易吗
Why am I the only one making concessions?
怎么只有我在让步
I just gave you an extra year on probation.
我刚已经加了1年缓刑了
You're not giving me anything on detention.
但你浑然不提监禁啊
Because my client doesn't deserve it--
因为我的当事人罪不至此
He's a 98-pound wallflower.
他是个不到100斤的腼腆小孩
Who clocked a classmate with an algebra textbook.
他可用代数书打同学呢
Because he was being bullied.
那是因为对方欺负他
19 stitches, a cracked eye socket.
人家眼窝被打破,缝了19针呢
So what's someone from Stern, Lockhart
话说,斯特恩&洛克哈特律所的人
doing in juvenile court, anyway?
怎么来青少年法庭了
God's work.
上帝的杰作
One of our big clients; it's his housekeeper's son.
他是我们一位大客户的管家的儿子
Let him plead no contest;
就让他提出不抗辩
Three years probation.
然后缓刑3年
Come on.
拜托
I make that deal, I'm looking for a job.
要是答应你,我就失业了
No. You have the flexibility to go to zero,
得了吧,上面授权你可以不予监禁
Or you would have made a call.
不然你早打电话请示了
So your husband told you all our secrets?
看来你丈夫把我们的秘密全告诉你了
Some.
一部分吧
Look, my client is a straight-A student.
听着,我的当事人是名特优生
Never had a bad day before, never have a bad day again,
以前没犯过事,今后也不会再犯
Unless you incarcerate him.
让他坐牢只会适得其反
One year probation, 200 hours community service,
1年缓刑,200小时社区服务
And he takes responsibility in open court.
而且他要在公开法庭承担全责
No "bully did this, I did that."
别找什么"他欺负我在先"的借口
Thank you.
谢谢
Go and sin no more.
"去吧,从此不要再犯罪了"
We've been watching you.
我们一直关注着你
Now, that sounds sinister.
听上去是个凶兆啊
I know how you hate praise, Diane,
我知道你不爱听奉承话,戴安
So please, forgive us.
请谅解我们吧
What you have done for women,
你为妇女事业的贡献
Through example, encouragement and perseverance,
为妇女树的榜样,对她们的鼓舞,你的坚韧
Is truly unparalleled.
都是无可比拟的
Your work on Emily's list,
你为妇女维权机构做贡献
Your mentoring of young lawyers,
指导年轻律师
Your shattering of the glass ceiling...
还打破了妇女升迁障碍
I have a feeling we're coming to a very significant "but."
我预感,接下来有个大大的"但是"
No, a small one.
不,一个小"但是"而已
But you now have a hard decision to make.
但是你现在面临一个艰难的决定
And that is?
是什么呢
Diane...
戴安
We want you to be a judge.
我们想让你做法官
No!
不会吧
Yes.
真的
We're here as representatives of the Democratic ward and committee chairs,
我们代表民主党选区和委员会主席
And we would like to slate you for the upcoming election.
希望提名你参加这次竞选
I-I...
我...
I'm startled.
我很意外
We need more women judges, Diane.
我们需要更多的女性法官,戴安
We need better judges.
需要更优秀的法官
Right now we have two lifeguards for every swimmer--
现在是两个"救生员"保护每个"游泳者"
Two judges who understand the law
也就是说,每个法盲背后
For everyone who doesn't--
都有两位懂法的法官
And we need to maintain that ratio.
我们需要保持这个比率
Well, I hope I'm a lifeguard.
我倒是乐于做"救生员"
That's the reason we're here.
所以我们来找你
And my firm?
那么我的公司呢
You'll have to divest,
你只能离开了
Of course.
这很显然
We don't do the smoke-filled rooms anymore, Diane,
我们已经不搞内定当选人那一套了
But we do manage the primary ballot.
但初选投票,我们还是能够掌控的
So if you agree,
所以只要你同意
You'll be the only woman slated,
你会是唯一提名女性
And thus, a shoo-in.
你将因此稳操胜券
That's how I became chief justice.
我当初就是这么当上首席法官的
But it means leaving all this behind.
但这需要你放弃公司的一切
I, um...
我...
I don't know what to say.
我不知道说什么好
Say yes.
就说同意吧
Can I take a few days?
我能考虑几天吗
You can take a week.
可以考虑一周
You've done well, Diane.
你工作很出色,戴安
Claim your prize.
接受这份奖励吧
You want Terrence to plead guilty?
你想让特伦斯认罪?
I want him to go home--
我是想让他平安回家
The plea is just a formality, Thalia, that's all.
认罪只是个形式而已,塔利亚
And it's just a minor misdemeanor.
这只是轻微犯罪
But he'll have a criminal record.
但他从此就有犯罪记录了
That will be expunged when his probation's finished.
缓刑期届满后,就会抹除的
He's not a criminal.
他不是罪犯
I know.
我知道
What do you think, Terrence?
你觉得呢,特伦斯
I don't know.
我不知道
Do you think you could go in front of a judge,
你觉得,你能到法官面前
Tell him what you did and apologize for it?
陈述自己的行为,并道歉吗
I guess.
也许吧
I am sorry.
我的确很后悔
I know.
我知道
Hey, mom, pick up the phone. Hey, mom, pick up the phone.
妈妈,接电话,妈妈,接电话
I-it's my daughter. I'll just be a minute.
是我女儿,马上就回来
Hi, Grace. Is everything okay?
格蕾丝,还好吗
Yeah, everything's good.
挺好
So, can Shannon come over today?
今天能让香侬去咱家不
Who's Shannon?
香侬是谁
She's a girl in my class.
我们班一个女生
How old are you? 13.
你多大,13岁
She's 13, too.
她也是13岁
My mom said I can go.
我妈说可以去
Her mom says it's okay.
她妈同意了
Is it all right with Jackie?
跟杰姬说了吗
Yeah, she said it's fine.
她同意了
She just wanted me to ask you first.
她想让我先问你的意见
Okay, then,
那好吧
Uh, just help grandma with any cleanup.
但事后得帮奶奶收拾
Yeah.
没问题
Oh... Guess what, mom?
知道不,妈妈
What?
什么
Her dad's in prison, too.
她爸也在监狱
I'll see you tonight.
晚上见
Six months' probation, a hundred hours' community service.
缓刑6个月,100小时社区服务
You're lucky it's Christmastime, Mr. Thompson.
算你走运赶上圣诞,汤普森先生
Defecate again in your neighbor's closet,
下次如果再在邻居家壁橱里大便
I won't be so jolly.
我就没这么好说话了
And who's our next contestant, Danny?
下一位被告是谁,丹尼
Terrence Ramsay, your honor.
特伦斯·拉姆齐,法官大人
Young master, Terrence Ramsay.
小少爷,特伦斯·拉姆齐
Where are his glasses?
他的眼镜哪去了
Oh, he's fine without them.
他不戴也行
No, just, can I have them?
不是,能给我吗
Where's your counselor, young man?
你的律师呢,小伙子
Here, your honor.
这儿呢,法官大人
Oh, good! Shall we all gather around the campfire here, counselor?
很好,到前面来
I understand you've reached a plea agreement, Mr. Richardson?
我听说你们已经达成辩诉交易,理查森先生
Yes, your honor.
是的,法官大人
Mr. Ramsay has agreed to plead guilty to simple assault.
拉姆齐同意承认轻伤害罪
Is that correct, Mr. Ramsay?
是这样吗,拉姆齐先生
You're ready to plead guilty?
你准备认罪了是吗
Yes, sir.
是的,法官大人
Mr. Ramsay, you understand that you have the right...
拉姆齐先生,你知道你有权...
Is there a problem, counselor?
有问题吗,律师
No, your honor.
没问题,法官大人
Does Mr. Ramsay need his glasses to see me?
拉姆齐先生需要戴眼镜才能看清我吗
Ms...?
你叫...
Florrick, your honor.
福瑞克,法官大人
Florrick.
福瑞克
Well, we're in for a treat today, aren't we, Danny?
今儿咱要一饱眼福了,是不,丹尼
Some good old Florrick magic.
又见福瑞克的神奇魔术
Why don't you take off those glasses and put them in your pocket, son.
摘下眼镜放进口袋里吧,孩子
To the charge of simple assault,
对于轻伤害罪指控
How do you plead, Mr. Ramsay?
你作何抗辩,拉姆齐先生
Guilty, your honor.
承认有罪,法官大人
And in your own words, why don't you tell us what happened?
用你自己的话,说说当时的情况吧
At lunch, Reggie said he was gonna beat me up after school.
午饭时,雷吉说放学后要揍我一顿
He called me a little bitch.
他管我叫小贱人
A-and he said he was gonna break my glasses.
他还说,要打碎我的眼镜
He scared me, and I threw my book at him.
我很害怕,就拿书砸了他
And the state's recommendation?
检方的意见是什么
One year probation and 200 hours of community service.
缓刑1年,200小时社区服务
You caused some serious injuries, Mr. Ramsay.
你把对方伤得很重,拉姆齐先生
Broken eye socket, stitches...
眼窝被打破,还缝了针
The other child is recovering quite well, your honor.
那个孩子恢复得很好,法官大人
Break a nose,
打破人家鼻子
And your punishment is picking up trash?
得到的惩罚只是捡垃圾
What's the lesson there?
这怎么能达到教育目的呢
Your honor, I would just like to say--
法官大人,我只想说...
The agreement that you have, Mr. Ramsay,
拉姆齐先生,这项辩诉交易
Is between you and the government,
是你和检方达成的
And as such, I am not party to that agreement
也就是说,辩诉交易与我无关
And can impose a harsher sentence.
我可以加重刑罚
Do you understand that?
你知道吗
Mr. Ramsay...
拉姆齐先生
I am sentencing you to nine months' detention.
我判你9个月监禁
You will receive the guidance you need to become a productive citizen,
会有人指导你,如何做一个好市民
And come to understand that actions have consequences.
让你明白,要对自己的行为负责
No, your honor...
不,法官大人...
This will be the best thing for you, I promise.
这样对你最好
Your honor, I'm sorry but we have an agreement. No jail time.
抱歉法官大人,我们有协议的,无须收监
Next contestant.
下一位被告
No, wait!
不,等等
Mom! Terrence?
妈妈,特伦斯
What the hell is going on here?
搞什么鬼
Young master, Marcus Tansen.
小少爷,马库斯·坦森
Mom! Terrence?
妈妈,特伦斯
This where you come to celebrate?
你在这儿庆祝呢
Your boss wanted six months.
上面给你的任务是监禁6个月
You got nine.
你弄出9个月
Florrick is not the most popular name around here.
福瑞克这名字,在这儿不太招人喜欢
Oh, that is not what this is about.
根本不是这码事
That was a bait-and-switch.
你这是诱饵调包手法
Oh, come on.
拜托
A judge has indigestion, you get six months;
法官哪天消化不良,就判你6个月
He has a good meal, someone goes free.
吃了顿美餐,就判你无罪
It balances itself out. Not for Terrence Ramsay.
运气是守恒的,对特伦斯来说不是
Then what do you want to do?
那你想怎么样
You act like this isn't the water we're both swimming in?
咱这行不就是这么回事吗
Baxter is well-liked,
巴克斯特人缘不错
But he's all over the map with sentencing.
但他判刑就是瞎判
Someone just complained last week.
上周刚有人投诉过
You think your kid got screwed,
你要觉得这孩子被黑了
Talk to Howard Brightman at legal aid.
找法律援助所的霍华德·布赖特曼聊聊吧
That's not the entrance.
那不是入口
I think that's for the guards.
那大概是警卫区域
So, how often do you go?
你多久去一次
To see my dad?
你是说去看我爸?
Every month.
每月一次
It's far.
距离太远
What's yours?
你爸呢
Tamms Minimum.
汤玛斯最低设防监狱
So, what'd your dad do?
你爸干什么了
Nothing.
啥都没
I mean, he says he didn't,
我是说,他说自己啥都没干
But they say he sold drugs.
但他们说他卖毒品了
Crystal.
冰毒
Wow. That's not bad.
很不错嘛
So, what did he say happened?
那他怎么解释的
He was set up.
他说自己被陷害了
Yeah, my dad, too.
我爸也这么说
I think your dad's prison is nicer than mine.
我觉得你爸的监狱比我爸那个漂亮
Thought I'd make some snacks for you young ladies.
做了点小点心,姑娘们
What are we looking at here?
这是看什么呢
Nothing. Thanks, grandma.
没什么,谢谢你,奶奶
We're comparing prisons.
我们做监狱对比呢
I don't understand.
我听不太懂
Shannon's joking.
香侬开玩笑呢
We're fine. Thanks.
我们没事,谢谢
So, Shannon, is your mother picking you up?
香侬,你妈来接你吗
No. I have my bike.
不,我骑车回去
Your bike? Where do you live?
骑车?你住哪儿
Garfield Park, on lake.
加菲公园,在湖边
I think I should phone your mother.
我去给你妈打电话
No. We're fine.
别,我们没事
Thanks, grandma.
谢谢,奶奶
We have to do homework now. Bye.
我们得做作业了,拜拜
So she's the one who took you there?
是你奶奶带你去监狱的吗
It's like she thinks he's staying at a country club.
她装得就跟我爸呆在乡村俱乐部似的
Not a good one.
很糟的乡村俱乐部哦
Definitely not.
可不是嘛
Thanks for agreeing to meet, Mr. Brightman.
多谢你同意见面,布赖特曼先生
Howie.
叫我霍华德吧
So, do you always put out a buffet like that?
你们一直这样摆着自助餐吗
Oh, would you like something?
想吃点什么吗
A muffin or something?
松饼之类的
No, no. I'm fine.
不用不用,我不饿
So, yeah, um...
那么,对了...
You're interested in my client, Damien Harkin?
你对我的当事人达米安·哈金感兴趣
Kid stole a chicken from Costco.
这孩子从好事多连锁店偷了只鸡
Richardson agreed to
理查森同意
a plea of simple theft, and supervised release,
只要承认轻盗窃罪,就可以监控释放
But Judge Baxter gave him nine months.
但巴克斯特法官却判了9个月
And you filed a motion to reconsider.
于是你申请复议
You bet I did.
没错
Baxter denied it.
但被巴克斯特驳回了
On what grounds?
理由呢
Sentence within guidelines,
判决符合准则
Judicial discretion.
法官有自由裁量权
So, every day, they just put out all that food?
这些吃的每天都摆出来吗
Every day.
每天如此
Why don't you...
要不然你...
No, no. I had lunch.
不用不用,我吃过午饭了
Baxter is a bipolar sentencer,
巴克斯特量刑爱走两个极端
But nobody wants to confront him because we all gotta go back there.
但没人想跟他作对,毕竟以后还得打交道
You're looking to file a motion to reconsider? I am.
你想申请复议,对
Last year, we started segregating cases by judges.
去年我们开始按法官对案件归类
These are all Baxter cases.
这些都是巴克斯特的案子
Maybe I'll just grab one.
我还是吃一个吧
Please.
请自便
Yes.
是的
Your honor.
法官大人
It's not a given. Sure it is.
还不算板上钉钉呢,当然是了
Cook county democrats say you're a judge, you're a judge.
库克县民主党说你是法官,你就是法官
Vote's a formality.
投票只是走个形式而已
So you think I should.
所以你觉得我应该去
I think you'd be crazy not to.
当然,不去就是疯了
These chances don't come along every day.
这种机会是百年一遇的
And the firm?
那公司怎么办
We survived losing Stern.
斯特恩走了,我们挺过来了
We'll... Survive losing you.
你要走,我们也能挺过来
And my people?
那我的人呢
Your people?
你的人?
The lawyers who came over with me.
那些追随我而来的律师们
That's funny,
有意思
I thought they were our people.
我以为他们是"咱们"的人
Isn't that what we said the first day-- no fiefdoms?
刚开始不就说好了,不搞小团体么
We also said we wouldn't stab each other in the back.
我们还说好,不在对方背后捅刀子
Oh, and we didn't.
我们有捅暗刀子吗
Stern left of his own free will.
斯特恩可是自愿离开的
Just promise me you won't clean house.
请向我保证,不会排挤我的人
Diane...
戴安
If it were the reverse,
如果换做是我要离开
Would you promise me?
你会跟我保证吗
Congratulations, Diane.
祝贺你,戴安
So, aren't you lead attorney on Sheffrin-marks?
你不是谢弗林公司的首席律师吗
Why are we doing this?
我们这是在干嘛
This is Sheffrin-marks. Well, Sheffrin, anyway.
是谢弗林公司,或者说谢弗林他本人
He asked us to take care of his housekeeper's kid
请我们帮他照顾他管家的孩子
And Alicia promptly went out and got him locked up.
而艾丽西娅立马害他被关起来
Sorry.
对不起
These are all from legal aid.
这都是法律援助的案子
Baxter's cases.
巴克斯特的案子
On this side, everybody got probation.
这边的孩子,每个都得到缓刑
On that, jail time.
这边的孩子,都蹲了大牢
So you're filing a motion to reconsider, based on what?
那你申请复议,理由是?
He's a racist.
他种族歧视
I'd take this up to Will, get his advice.
我去问问威尔,看他怎么说
No. You're barking up the wrong tree.
你们想错方向了
Baxter's old-school liberal,
巴克斯特是个老派的自由党人
Million man march, all that.
支持"百万非裔游行"之类的活动
And, of course, liberals can't be racists.
你的意思是,自由党就不会种族歧视
Hey, I'm just...
我的意思是...
20 cases doesn't mean anything.
这20个案子不能说明什么
We need to know the race of everyone else Baxter sentenced,
得查查巴克斯特判的所有案子的人种
And then do a regression analysis
然后再做个回归分析
To look at other variables that could explain the pattern.
看其他变量能否解释这个判决模式
So, Kalinda, you, uh, help Alicia with the hard data for her motion,
凯琳达,帮艾丽西娅找些硬数据
And use Mr. Statistics here.
可以征用这位统计专家嘛
He has nothing better to do.
反正他闲得很
Who says I got nothing better to do?
谁说我闲得很
I do.
我说的
Hey, one thing. I wouldn't go to Will.
提醒你一句,别去找威尔
Why?
为什么
He's best buds with Baxter.
他和巴克斯特是铁哥们
How do you know?
你怎么知道的
I researched all the partners.
我研究过所有合伙人的资料
Didn't you?
你没有吗
Thanks.
谢谢提醒
I could be wrong. It's a small sampling.
我没准想错了,毕竟统计案例不够多
Get a larger one.
那就多统计几个案例
So you think I should pursue the biased sentencing charge?
那你认为我该指控法官偏见判决?
What else do you have?
你还有什么想法
Mitigation. Or withdraw the plea.
要求减刑,或者撤回认罪抗辩
Argue that Baxter didn't properly moniter Terrence.
理由是特伦斯监禁期间未受适当监管
Maybe on an appeal.
这要上诉才行得通
But you have to get back to Baxter with this motion.
但要上诉,你还得先过巴克斯特这关
When Illinois still had the death penalty,
当伊利诺伊州仍有死刑的时候
Juries were ten times more likely
法官们判处黑人死刑的几率
To sentence an African-American than a white one.
比白人高10倍
I challenged three death sentences with that argument.
我利用这一条,上诉过3次死刑宣判
And did it work? Twice.
成功了吗,成功了两次
Judges should know they can't get away with bias in sentencing.
法官们应该明白,偏见判决是行不通的
But I don't want to fight a cause
但我不想为了反抗偏见判决
At the expense of a client.
而牺牲掉我的当事人
You won't.
不会的
Get a larger sampling.
多统计几个案例
Don't make your argument specific to Baxter.
不要单独针对巴克斯特
Throw in a few other judges, too.
多牵扯几个法官
If Baxter is smart,
如果巴克斯特够聪明
He'll read between the lines and reconsider.
他会明白你的暗示,并考虑改判的
You know Judge Baxter is a friend of Will's?
你知道巴克斯特法官是威尔的朋友吗
I don't see the relevance.
那又如何
This isn't personal.
这并非针对个人
A judge's job is to be an impartial arbiter.
法官的职责就是公正审判
Two lifeguards to every swimmer.
做"游泳者"的"救生员"
If Baxter fails, it's in everybody's interest
如果巴克斯特做不到这点,那么揭发他
To make that known.
对每个人都好
Thank you. No problem.
谢谢,不谢
You should knock on my door more often, Alicia.
艾丽西娅,你应该常来我这里坐坐
I will.
我会的
You're doing a good job.
你的工作很出色
My apologies if I haven't told you that until now.
这话到现在才说,很抱歉
Thank you.
谢谢你
Her name is Shannon. She rode her bike here.
她叫香侬,她骑车来的
She wouldn't let me phone her mother.
她不让我给她妈妈打电话
Well, I-I just think she's a little mature for Grace.
我觉得对格蕾丝来说她有点成熟了
Her father's in prison, you know.
她爸爸可是在坐牢呢
Jackie, your son's in prison.
杰姬,你儿子也在坐牢
Well, yes, but he's not in Statesville.
是,但我儿子不在斯泰茨维尔那破地方
What?
怎么了
I wish I could laugh about it.
我也想对此一笑置之
I'm not laughing about it.
我没笑这件事
I'm laughing about you.
我在笑你
Oh, well, yes, that would be me-- figure of fun.
那是,我娱乐大众嘛
Look, I'm just glad that Grace has a friend.
我很高兴格蕾丝能有个朋友
She's been slow to make friends at school.
她在学校不怎么交朋友
Then let me introduce her to some friends at the DLC.
那我给她介绍几个民主党领袖同盟的朋友
Oh, no, Jackie, not the debutante stuff.
杰姬,千万别搞什么淑女成年礼
Well, it's not the way it used to be.
没事的,仪式和以前不一样了
You know, there are black cotillions,
现在有黑人沙龙舞
Mexican cotillions;
墨西哥沙龙舞
The girls work in soup kitchens.
参加仪式的女孩还得去给穷人施食
Jackie, why...
杰姬,我们
Why don't we just let Gracie pick her own friends, okay?
不如让格蕾丝自己选择朋友吧
Have you even asked Grace
你有问过格蕾丝
What her friend's father is in prison for?
她朋友的爸爸为什么坐牢吗
D-don't you think we should at least find that out?
我们至少该把这点查清楚吧
What if it's something bad?
如果她爸爸犯了重罪呢
What if it is?
是又怎样
She's not her father.
她又不是她爸爸
Much as I hate to admit it,
我不得不承认
Stat boy may have something.
统计专家说的可能有道理
We looked at all the kids
我们按日期归类了
Baxter sent to detention, sorted by date.
所有被巴克斯特判决监禁的孩子
The racial pattern didn't exist before--
种族歧视判决模式直到...
The racial pattern didn't exist before June 2008.
种族歧视判决模式直到08年6月才出现
Why?
为什么
I still don't know if it's racism or if it's something else.
我还不确定这是种族歧视,还是别的原因
Do you want to talk to her? Nah.
要不你来说,不用了
Look, we don't know,
我们不知道具体情况
But something in June changed for Baxter.
但6月份,巴克斯特的生活肯定有变化
What?
什么变化
I don't know.
我也不知道
Can you find out?
能查出来吗
Went for it, huh?
你指控法官偏见审判了?
I had to.
必须这么做
It's a beautiful day today, isn't it, Danny?
今天天气不错啊,丹尼
So let's all take a short break, shall we?
大家都休息一下吧
Everybody get some sunshine.
出去晒晒太阳
Counselor-- in chambers.
律师,请入内庭
Not you, Mr. Richards.
理查森,你不用来
Have some birthday cake?
来点儿生日蛋糕吗
No, thank you, your honor.
不用,谢谢法官阁下
Happy birthday.
生日快乐
It's not mine. Court reporter.
不是我,书记员生日
So...
话说
I'm biased against African-Americans, huh?
你说我对非洲裔美国人有偏见
Your honor, we looked at five years of statistics...
法官阁下,根据五年的数据...
Who's that?
那是谁
President Obama,
奥巴马总统
Senator Burris...
伯里斯参议员
I don't think I need to take lessons from you, ma'am.
我不需要你教,女士
I didn't think I was trying to teach you any--
我没这意思
What was your husband's record on racial issues?
你丈夫在种族问题方面记录良好吗
I mean, before he went to prison?
他进监狱之前
Your honor, this isn't about my husband.
法官阁下,我丈夫与此无关
You're damn right it's not; it's about me.
当然与他无关,而是我
You sentenced Terrence Ramsay too harsh--
你把特伦斯·拉姆齐判得太重了
Do not interrupt me!
不要打断我
Who the hell are you?
你以为你是谁
I'm a lawyer in your court, sir.
我是您庭上的律师
I'm a lawyer who filed a motion to...
我这个律师提请了动议...
Did you consider the education of the defendant
在你那一串统计里
In your little statistical jeremiad?
考虑过被告的教育背景吗
Did you consider family structure,
考虑过家庭结构吗
Community services, quality of representation?
社区服务,陈述质量呢
No.
没有
You went right to race, didn't you?
你直接跳到种族问题
My motion didn't single you out, sir.
我的动议没有针对您
And how clever was that?
真聪明啊
Nice one. Warning shot.
很高明,向我示警
Send Mr. Ramsay home or else.
放了拉姆齐,否则...
That's not what I was trying to do.
我没这意思
I was trying to point out a pattern that you might not be aware of.
我只想指出某种您未注意到的审判模式
Look. Here's the thing.
这么对你说吧
I don't respond well to being threatened,
我不喜欢被人威胁
Mrs. Florrick,
福瑞克太太
So why don't you withdraw this motion
我劝你还是趁尚未正式记录前
Before it becomes a part of the record?
把动议给撤消了
Withdraw it.
撤销
Are we understood?
明白吗
We're understood.
明白
All your cell phones. Come on, let's go.
手机全拿出来,快
I didn't even know Alicia had a case before you.
我不知道你在审艾丽西娅的案子
Pretty sure she doesn't anymore.
已经审完了
Guess he's back already for another lesson.
看来某人(指威尔)还没被教训够
How's his honor today?
法官阁下今天状态如何
His honor's getting ready to skywalk your ass.
他状态大勇,准备打得你屁滚尿流
How they treating you in kiddie court?
你在小朋友法庭里待遇怎样
They love me.
很受爱戴
There you go, judge.
给你,裁判
So how long's she been at the firm?
她去公司上班多久了
A few months.
几个月
What's the case?
什么案子
Run of the mill.
芝麻绿豆
Of course, she treated it like a matter for the supreme court--
她却当成是在最高法院里辩护
Precedents from death row appeals,
处处引证死囚犯的上诉
Constitutional references on every page.
页页引用宪法
You know, rookie mistakes.
新手常犯的错
Her heart's in the right place. She'll get there.
她心肠挺好,慢慢会进步的
Her heart's in the right place?!
她心肠好
That used to be the quickest way to get fired from your firm.
你公司不是最爱开除这种人吗
Are you sleeping with her?
你和她有一腿?
Fingers crossed that Florrick loses his appeal?
暗暗祷告福瑞克先生上诉失败?
Nope.
没有
You look serious.
你很认真的样子
Just not sleeping with her.
我和她没关系
Not even a little bit?
一点都没有?
Not even in your head?
想也没想过?
About this case?
这宗案子
Do your girlfriend a favor.
帮你女朋友一个忙
Tell her to move on.
劝她别太固执
What happened?
怎么了
They called. They said Terrence got hurt.
管教中心来电,说特伦斯受伤了
Now they won't let me see him.
可警卫不让我见他
Visiting hours are over, ma'am.
探视时间过了,女士
Her son got hurt.
她儿子受伤了
Yeah-- she can come back tomorrow.
明天再来吧
She works and it's an hour's drive.
她得工作,开车来要一小时
Could you make an exception?
能破一次例吗
No visitors, except between 11 and 2.
探视时间,11点至2点
Could I speak to your supervisor? Sure.
我能找你的上级吗,可以
He'll be in at 9, tomorrow.
他明天9点上班
I let him keep the lights on at home.
我允许他晚上开着灯睡
He's scared of the dark.
他怕黑
You think they let him keep a light on in there?
你觉得他在里边能开着灯睡吗
I don't know.
我不清楚
I baby him too much.
我太保护他了
No matter how old,
孩子不管多大
They're always our babies.
在我们眼里,总还很小
I hoped he wouldn't have to face things like this.
我原希望他不用面对这种处境
Just thought if I watched him real close...
我以为我把他看紧点,就不会...
So, what's this?
这是哪儿
Baxter's old house. I'm meeting a friend.
巴克斯特的老屋,我来见个朋友
So don't talk, all right?
记住别说话
I used to work with this guy.
我们曾经是同事
What's that supposed to mean?
什么意思
Don't move an inch.
别动
Hey, Frank. Kay.
弗兰克,凯
You bring a friend?
你带了朋友来
I come in peace.
我没有恶意
Colleague. Not my decision.
同事,我没得选
What's your beef with judge Baxter?
你和巴克斯特有什么过节
I don't think I have one.
我们没有过节
Then why'd you want to meet?
那你找我干什么
I came across a crime report with your name on it.
我看到有份犯罪报告是你写的
You mind walking me through it, Frank?
给我讲讲案情吧
Burglar broke in here.
歹徒从这里进屋
Back window. Flipped the lock.
从后窗弹开了锁
The judge wasn't home. Only his wife.
当时法官不在家,只有妻子一人
No warning from the security system?
安保系统没有报警吗
And what did the guy want?
歹徒的目标是什么
Mrs. Baxter said it was robbery.
巴克斯特太太声称,是抢劫
Said?
声称?
She was pretty shaken up.
她吓得魂都没了
She had a cut on her cheek,
脸上还划了一刀
Wrist looked like somebody had been handling her.
手腕伤痕看来,像是被人"处理"过
Rape.
强奸
Why lie about being raped?
若是强奸,为何瞒而不报
Cary, want to go and sit in the car?
凯里,想回车里去么
I couldn't find a case file in the S.A.'s office.
州检察官办公室里没有案件存档
You never caught the guy.
凶手没有抓到
Bad description?
面貌描述不佳吗
No, good description.
不,描述很具体
His honor phoned later.
但法官后来打电话来
Said his wife just wanted to drop it.
说他妻子想要撤诉
She happen to mention the race of the perp?
她有提到过歹徒的种族吗
Yeah. African-American.
有,非洲裔美国人
Why?
怎么了
And this happened in the summer of 2008.
案发时间是08年夏天
Yep.
对
June.
6月
I don't believe it.
我不相信
People aren't that simple.
人哪有这么简单
People are exactly that simple.
人就是这么简单
Before the assault,
巴克斯特的妻子遇袭之前
Baxter's sentencing is race-neutral.
他的判决种族中立
After, it's not.
之后,开始针对黑人
Yeah, but that could be anything.
话是没错,但针对黑人原因可能有很多
People do things for a hundred reasons.
人们做一件事,总有很多原因
No, people like to think they do
不,这只是一厢情愿的想法
They do things for one reason.
其实做一件事,只需要一个原因
For what reason?
什么原因
Come on, yoda-- what reason?
说吧,尤达大师(《星战》)什么原因
Sex, money, hatred, love.
性,金钱,仇恨,爱
You want to make people mysterious.
你把人心想得神秘莫测
People aren't mysterious.
但并非如此
Okay, then the same thing goes for you.
这么说来,你也不例外
You're not mysterious.
你并非神秘莫测
By the same logic, you're completely knowable.
照你的逻辑,别人也完全可以了解你
Sure.
的确
Okay, so then hit me.
好,那跟我说说你吧
I want to know.
我想知道...
Go ahead.
说呀
Cary
凯里
You and I have nothing in common
我和你的共同点,为零
'cause you and I are from different worlds.
因为你我来自不同的世界
And it's not just Mars and Venus,
差别不是像火星(男)与水星(女)
It's spaghetti and hydrogen.
而是像意大利面和氢气
We're different categories.
我们是不同的物种
I'm knowable, but just not to you.
当然有人能了解我,但你不是其中之一
I just want things to be normal.
我就想让事情变正常点
Everybody else's dads are normal.
其他人的爸爸都很正常
Maybe nothing's normal.
或许无所谓正不正常
I mean,
我是说
Maybe we decide what's normal.
或许何谓正常,是由我们自己决定的
You and me?
你和我?
Yeah!
是的
Okay, what do you want to be normal?
好,你希望把什么划归正常
Oh, I don't know-- eating dessert for breakfast?
我想想,早餐吃甜点?
Okay, that's normal now.
那它就是正常的
No school on Thursdays.
周四不上学
No Mondays.
没有周一
Those are really bad.
周一最讨厌了
Living in Chicago is abnormal.
住在芝加哥不正常
Yeah, really abnormal.
就是,简直变态
Hi, I'm Shannon’s mother.
我是香侬的妈妈
Oh, hello.
你好
Nice to meet you.
认识你很高兴
I just... Um... I'm sorry.
我...很抱歉
I need to take Shannon home now.
我现在要带香侬回家
Oh, I'm glad you came.
很高兴你来
I was worried about Shannon riding her bike home.
香侬要骑车回家,我还担心呢
Please come in.
请进
Actually, no, I can't. I'm sorry.
不,我不进去了,抱歉
We have to...
我们得...
We're in a bit of a rush.
我们赶时间
Grace...
格蕾丝
Shannon, your mother's here!
香侬,你妈妈来了
So you live in Garfield Park.
你住在加菲花园
Yes.
是的
Yeah? What?
干吗,有事吗
"Yes," what.
不干"嘛"有事
Shannon's mother's here.
香侬的妈妈来了
Hey, mom. Uh, this is Grace.
妈妈,这是格蕾丝
Hi. I'm sorry.
你好,很抱歉
We have to go.
我们要走了
Do you have your homework?
作业带上了吗
See you tomorrow.
明天见
Bye.
再见
What'd you say to her?
你和香侬妈妈说了什么
Nothing.
没啊
Baxter should have disclosed this.
巴克斯特本该坦白这件事的
They arrested a guy
他们逮捕了一个家伙
Who fit the description Mrs. Baxter gave them,
符合巴克斯特太太的描述
But she wouldn't come in to I.D.
她却没来确认
Wasn't up to it.
她无法面对
Baxter asked them to let it go.
巴克斯特要求把这案子撤了
What can I do with this?
这件事可以利用吗
Not much.
希望不大
Judges are human.
法官也是人
It's like Alan Dershowitz.
就像艾伦·德肖维茨(美国法学家)
Before 9/11, he believed police coercion was unconstitutional.
911之前,他坚信警察逼供是违宪的
After 9/11, he argued for torture.
911之后,他主张严刑拷问
How's your kid doing?
你那个小孩怎么样了
My kid?
我那小孩?
Oh, Terrence.
你说特伦斯啊
Fractured arm, some bruises.
手臂骨折,有些擦伤
He's recovering. He's still in the infirmary?
在恢复呢,还在治疗室吗
He goes back in the general population in two days.
两天后他就回到狱友中间去了
Not a lot of time to work with.
我们时间不多了
The way I see it, it doesn't make sense
依我看
To go back to Baxter with the same motion.
再向巴克斯特申请复议很不明智
We should try to take the cases away from him.
我们应该回避他
File a motion to substitute for cause.
提请法院有因替换法官
Let me try a more direct route.
让我试试更直接的路线
And Sheffrin-marks-- that's your client or Will's?
谢弗林公司是你的还是威尔的客户
Both of ours.
是"我们"的客户
But he brought it in.
但是他争取到的吧
Uh, yes. Why?
是的,怎么了
We would rather it not be you.
不是你的客户最好
It doesn't look good
代理制药公司
Representing a pharmaceutical company
与300名工人阶级原告打官司
Against 300 working-class plaintiffs.
于你形象有损
And your name, "Lockhart."
你的姓,洛克哈特
That's an English name?
是英格兰姓氏吗
We don't need to bring that up now.
现在没必要提这个
What's wrong with my name?
我的姓怎么了
Well, the electorate is 19% Irish.
选民有19%是爱尔兰人
They go for an Irish name.
他们喜欢爱尔兰姓名
I know-- the things we have to think about.
没办法,这些琐碎的事也必须想到
I think a speech
我认为针对国内的
To the Irish-American heritage center handles the problem.
爱尔兰民俗中心做次演讲能解决问题
Could you give us a minute?
请你回避一下好吗
What's wrong?
怎么了
Do you know a Henry Baxter?
知道一个叫亨利·巴克斯特的吗
Yes.
是的
Juvenile court?
青少年法庭法官?
Yes, I know.
是的,我知道
You have a junior associate accusing him of racism.
你公司有个初级律师谴责他种族歧视
No-- biased sentencing.
不,是偏见判决
I'm glad you brought this up, Diane.
很高兴你提起这件事,戴安
That's what I like about you--
我就喜欢你这点
Very direct.
直截了当
I was gonna talk to you about it.
我正要和你谈这件事
You need to talk to her.
你得和她谈谈
Who? Your junior associate.
谁,你的初级律师
Ask her to apologize to Baxter.
让她向巴克斯特道歉
You're kidding.
你在开玩笑
No.
不
You said you wanted to get rid of the swimmers.
你说过你想要改造"游泳者"
More lifeguards.
得到更多"救生员"
Yes.
是的
Baxter is a lifeguard.
巴克斯特就是位"救生员"
I...But he acts in contravention to the law.
我...可他的行为违背了法律
Well, that's a matter of opinion.
那只是个人观点
No, it's not. It's a fact.
不,这是事实
Judges don't go up against each other, Diane.
法官们不能窝里反,戴安
You can't question a sitting judge.
你不能质疑一位在职法官
Yes, but you can.
是,但你能
You're the chief justice.
您是首席法官
I want to know that you're serious about running, Diane.
你对竞选是认真的吗,戴安
I've told you I am. Yes.
我说过我是,那好
Now you have to act like you are.
那就拿出点诚意来
Talk to your junior associate.
开导下你的初级律师
It's one kid sentenced-That's all.
不过是一个小孩被判刑,仅此而已
Don't turn over the apple cart because of one kid.
别为一个小孩而打翻苹果车(打乱计划)
No continuance.
不准延期
Excuse me, your honor?
法官大人,您说什么
I said no continuance. We're going to trial.
我说不准延期,现在进行审判
Your honor, I...
法官大人,我...
The plaintiff has acquiesced to our request.
原告已经同意我们的请求
Yes, and the bench has not.
没错,但法官不同意
What is so hard to understand here, Mr. Gardner?
这有什么费解的吗,加德纳先生
You asked for a continuance, I said no.
你请求延期,我说不准
Next motion.
下一项动议
That, young sir, is called a tax.
年轻人,那就叫蓄意刁难
You complained about Baxter to the chief justice?
你向首席法官投诉巴克斯特?
Yes. What is this?
没错,这算什么
Some last parting gift to the firm?
给公司的临别赠礼?
Baxter's wife was assaulted,
巴克斯特的妻子遇袭
And he's been sentencing from his bias ever since.
之后,他就开始偏见判决
You don't know that.
你凭什么做此判断
You don't know why anybody decides anything.
你无法确定别人的决定是出于什么理由
I have eyes.
旁观者清
And you'd have them, too, if he weren't a friend.
他是你朋友,你是当局者迷
And what? Seriously, what?
接着呢,说真的,接着呢
You gonna recall a judge?
你要撤换法官?
Let's figure out how that works
就让我们想想怎么做
Cause I'd love to see that plan.
我很乐意见识你的宏图大计
Anybody can fight city hall.
跟市政厅叫板,小意思
What they can't fight are judges.
但只有法官,谁也惹不起
There's a kid in prison right now. Come on, Diane.
一个孩子在坐牢,得了,戴安
You don't even know his name.
你连他名字都不知道
This stopped being about a kid a while ago.
你这哪是为了什么小孩
Grace?
格蕾丝
Where's Shannon?
香侬呢
I don't know.
我不知道
I thought she was coming home with you.
我以为她会到咱家来玩
Yeah, I thought so, too.
我也这样以为
But I guess whatever you told her mom worked.
但我猜你和她妈说的话奏效了
I-I never said anything to her mom.
我跟她妈妈什么也没说
We met yesterday.
我们昨天见过面
I'm Jackie, Grace's grandmother.
我叫杰姬,格蕾丝的祖母
I'm here to pick up Grace.
我来接格蕾丝的
She's not here. Really?
她不在这,真的吗
She said she'd be coming here right after school--
她说放学后来这里
Her best friend's house.
她死党家里
Mom?
妈妈
It's okay, Shannon.
没事,香侬
What do you want?
你想怎样
I want to know why you're doing this.
我想知道你为什么要拆开她们
I don't need to talk to you.
我不需要告诉你
You're wasting water.
你在浪费水
You should turn that off.
你应该关掉水龙头
Get off my property.
离开我家门口
Your husband is in a much worse prison than my son.
你丈夫的监狱,比我儿子的糟得多
We should be worried about you, not you us.
是我们该提防你,而不是你提防我们
Okay, you want to know why?
好吧,想知道原因?
Because your son put my husband in prison.
因为我丈夫是你儿子害的
He did not. He was the state's attorney.
不可能,他是州检察官
My husband never sold a drug a day in his life,
我丈夫从未贩毒
And your son put him in prison for ten years for something he didn't do.
你儿子却无故将他判了10年的刑
You're a very gullible woman.
你是个容易受骗的女人
And you're a bitch!
你是个死八婆
My son is an honorable man.
我儿子是个高尚的人
If he put your husband in prison, he deserved it.
若他让你丈夫坐牢,定是你丈夫罪有应得
Go to hell.
下地狱吧
Leave it alone.
别动它
Okay.
好吧
We got a problem. Really?
有问题,真的吗
Stat boy says we have a problem.
统计专家说有问题
Blacks go to detention, whites go home, right?
黑人就判监禁,白人就释放,对吧
Question is why.
问题是为什么
We know why.
我们知道原因
An African American man assaults Baxter’s wife,
一名非洲裔美国人袭击了他妻子
He starts meteing out harsher sentences to blacks-- but look--
他就开始对黑人判重刑,但是
I analyzed his sentences
我从两个非种族角度
Using two nonracial factors.
分析了他的判决
First, his family structure.
首先,罪犯的家庭结构
Single parent homes,
单亲家庭
Two parent homes.
正常家庭
The racial makeup stays the same.
种族比例保持不变(被判刑都单亲)
Now, age.
然后是年龄
Under 14, over 14.
14岁以下,14岁以上
The racial makeup-It's the same.
种族比例保持不变(被判刑都14岁以上)
There was no change in sentencing in June of 2008?
在2008年6月,判决没有变化吗
No, there is a change. It was a drastic change.
有变化,变化很大
But it wasn't because of race.
但不是因为种族
Well, if it wasn't race, what was it?
如果不是种族的原因,那会是什么
I don't know.
我不知道
I'm telling you what it's not,
我帮你排除种族因素
I can't tell you what it is.
但无法告诉你真正的原因
So, the assault of Baxter’s wife is irrelevant.
那么,巴克斯特妻子的遇袭案
To his change in sentencing.
与他改变判决风格无关?
No.
并非无关
We know it's relevant because, in June of 2008,
08年6月起,他开始加重量刑
He started handing out harsher sentences.
说明与那宗案子的确相关
But we just don't know why.
但不知道关联在哪里
We need to talk.
我们需要谈谈
Tomorrow. I'm late for lunch.
明天吧,我饭局要迟到了
Henry Baxter.
亨利·巴克斯特
No.
不谈
Everyone out there is pussyfooting around you
每个人都在跟你耍太极
Because you're his friend.
因为你是他的朋友
I said no.
我说不谈
Look, I know you're my boss
我知道你是我老板
And you can tell me get lost when you want,
随时可以叫我滚开
But something happened.
但是有些事发生了
Henry is not a racist.
亨利不是种族歧视者
You have any idea what a charge
你知道在芝加哥
Like that does to somebody in Chicago?
被指控种族歧视意味着什么吗
I know he's not a racist.
我知道他不是种族歧视者
But something did happen, Will.
但有些事确实发生了,威尔
He started sentencing more harshly last June.
自去年6月开始,他开始加重量刑
You're his best friend.
你是他最好的朋友
So help me. What happened?
告诉我,发生了什么事
I don't know.
我不确定
But you suspect. No.
但你有所怀疑,不是
He borrowed some money, that's all.
他跟我借过点钱,就这样
How much?
多少
About $120,000.
大概12万美元
He said he was in a tight spot. Gambling.
他说他手头紧,欠了赌债
But he was gonna make it right.
但他会搞定
Did he pay it back?
他还你钱了吗
Some.
还了一些
Say anything about an enforcer visiting his house?
他有没告诉你,有打手找上他家
A bookie's enforcer?
庄家派的打手
No. Why?
没,怎么了
That's why he dropped the charges.
那就是他撤销指控的原因
It wasn't rape, he knew the attacker.
不是他妻子被强奸,而是他认识袭击者
What?
怎么了
Damn.
该死的
What?
怎么了
So you have a client who might be sent here?
你有位当事人可能被送到这里?
Yeah. He's in juvenile court right now,
对,他正在青少年法庭受审
But his family's really worried.
但他家人很担心
Well, first of all, I'm sorry.
首先,我表示遗憾
And second, we're a private facility.
其次,我们是私人机构
All we do is handle the overflow of juveniles sentenced to Cook County.
职责就是,收监库克县关不下的少年犯
So we are very safe here.
所以我们这里很安全
One guard to every 20 inmates.
每个警卫负责20名囚犯
Oh, thank goodness.
真是不错
Then they pay you.
那么,是他们给你们付薪
The county does.
我是说县政府
Yes.
是的
For every juvenile, we get a stipend.
每收一名少年犯,我们都会得到一笔薪酬
That's how it works.
协议就是这样
And how do you know Henry Baxter?
你和亨利·巴克斯熟吗
Judge Baxter?
巴克斯特法官?
Yes. He's a friend.
对,他是我朋友
You guys met, right?
你们见过,对不
Sorry, he told me, but I forgot.
他跟我说过,抱歉才想起来
Through our wives.
我们通过太太认识的
You know Ellen? Yes.
你认识埃伦? 认识
Wonderful tennis player.
网球打得很棒
Yes.
没错
We went sailing.
我们曾一起去航海
Last June?
去年6月?
Around there.
差不多吧
Oh, will you excuse me?
抱歉失陪了
This way to the exit.
出口在这边
So is that when you arranged the kickbacks?
你们是那个时候定下的回扣吧
The...?
什么
The money you gave Henry for sending kids to you.
亨利给你送少年犯,你给他回扣
Whose idea was it,
这是谁的主意
Yours or his?
你还是他?
Officer Michael, could you show these two out?
迈克尔警官,劳驾带这两位出去
Come on, was it yours or his?!
说啊,你俩谁的主意
You better start looking for a good defense attorney, pal!
你赶紧去找个好点的辩护律师吧
You look good in action.
你行动起来还蛮帅的嘛
How does this happen?
怎么会这样
It happens.
很正常
So what's the solution?
怎么应对呢
Don't trust anybody?
不要信任任何人?
Works for me.
反正我这儿挺管用的
Okay, what'd I do now?
我又怎么惹到你了
Just give me an explanation, Henry.
给我一个解释,亨利
Even a half-ass one will do.
哪怕是个有点混账的解释
Okay...
好吧...
Thought we were working the zone defense.
我以为你这是跟我练区域防守呢
Spent the morning with your ex.
我今早见了你前妻
Ellen.
埃伦
Really.
是吗
So how's she doing?
她怎么样
I asked her about your gambling.
我问了她有关你赌博的事
So what is this, an intervention?
怎么,想要插手我的事?
No; I wish we had done that a year ago.
不,但我真希望1年前就劝住你
People are filling your head with nonsense, Will.
你听到的那些说法都是扯淡,威尔
What nonsense?
哪些是扯淡
Like you being in debt,
比如你债台高筑
Your sudden interest in sending kids
比如你突然开始把大批孩子
To Palgrave Academy?
送往帕尔格雷夫管教中心
You, my friend, are in thrall to your junior associate.
你那个初级律师让你中毒不浅啊
She wandered out on some wild tangent,
她剑走偏锋到了离谱的地步
And now you're following her out there?
你居然被她牵着鼻子走
How much does Palgrave pay you per kid? How much?
每送一个孩子,帕尔格雷夫给你多少钱
Ellen doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.
埃伦满口胡言
Okay? She's ill.
她病了
You know that, Will.
你知道的,威尔
Did you even just say the words to yourself to see how they sounded?
你有没对自己说过这句话,听听什么感觉
"I'm sending kids to prison to make money."
"我为了赚钱,送孩子们去坐牢"
It's not even about doing good.
我不指望你做好人好事
Nobody here is helping orphans, but this,
法院里没人好到救助孤儿,但你这事做得...
How can you even live a day with this?
你良心怎么过得去
Palgrave is a good place for rehabilitation.
帕尔格雷夫是个改造人的好地方
These kids are better off there.
去那里对孩子们更好
Come on.
省省吧
How bad do you have to behave before you start acknowledging it.
别再装了,承认事实吧
Don't you dare judge me.
你少来评判我
You...
你...
The litigator who whored himself out to the lowest scum.
你不过是个给人渣做娼妓的律师
Don't you dare judge me.
你少来评判我
You're going to jail.
你要坐牢了
What?!
什么
Your grandmother's crazy.
你奶奶真是疯子
I told you.
我早告诉过你
My mother was gonna sue.
我妈都想起诉来着
I thought you weren't supposed to be talking to me.
我以为你不会再理我了
So... let's not talk.
那就谁也别理谁了
I won't if you won't.
你不理我的话,我就不理你
So does your mom know your grandma's crazy?
你妈知道你奶奶是疯子吗
She suspects it but...
她有所察觉,但是...
Wait, so, what did your mom do?
对了,你妈什么反应
Well, she freaked out, like, off the wall.
她气疯了,完全气昏头了
She, like, came into the house, head-to-toe soaking wet,
她走进家,从头到脚湿透了
Like as if she, like, took a bath and like, went for a swim.
就跟刚洗完澡,或刚游完泳似的
I'm so sorry!
真是抱歉啊
How you doing, Terrence?
你怎么样,特伦斯
I'm okay.
我没事
I'm chief justice Adler.
我是首席法官阿德勒
Yes, I'm Thalia Ramsay.
久仰,我是塔利亚·拉姆齐
And this must be Terrence.
这位就是特伦斯咯
Yes, ma'am.
是的,女士
That judge worked for me, Terrence.
那个法官是我下属
I share responsibility for what he did.
他的所作行为,我也要负一份责任
I'm very sorry.
十分抱歉
It's okay.
没事
Thank you.
谢谢你
You don't know how much this...
我真是太...
It's proving more difficult to overcome than we'd like.
困难超出了我们可以承受的程度
My English surname.
我的英格兰姓氏
Well, that never helps.
这当然也是个不利因素
But your client roster.
但关键问题出在你的客户名单
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I could still run.
我还是可以参加竞选
Yes, you could.
的确可以
We'd send in a ringer to undercut your support.
但我们会推出替代者,打压你的支持率
It wouldn't be pretty.
局面会很难看
Might still be fun.
但或许很有意思
Better to wait.
还是再等等吧
Let us see how you do here the next few years.
给我们看看你未来几年在这儿的表现
Try not to cause any more ripples.
争取别再推涛作浪
You're filled with water metaphors, aren't you?
你有一堆和水有关的比喻嘛
Again...
还是得说
I'm sorry this didn't work out.
很遗憾合作没有成功
Was that the kiss-off?
这算是谈崩了?
Yep.
对
How'd you handle it?
你怎么表现的
With grace and a hint of anger.
不失风度,又有一丝怒意
I always liked that about you.
我一直喜欢你这点
His name was Terrence.
他叫特伦斯
Who?
谁
The kid.
那个小孩
Terrence Ramsay.
特伦斯·拉姆齐
He's home with his mother now.
他已经和母亲回家了
And happiness rules.
幸福最重要