Can we do this later, Eli?
回头再说行吗,伊莱
I'm sorry I'm late; traffic was crazy.
抱歉我迟到了,路上太堵
Peter wanted me to check out this house
彼得让我在上班路上
on my way in to work, so, please?
来看房,所以拜托别说了
No, wait. I just wanted to warn you:
别,等等,我只是想提醒你
The press might call.
记者可能会来电话找你
Wendy Scott-Carr's husband is doing
温迪·斯科特卡尔的丈夫
his spousal interview with kids.
正带着孩子接受配偶访谈
We discussed this, Eli; I'm not gonna do an interview.
我们谈过此事,伊莱,我不打算接受采访
I know. I-I didn't say anything.
我知道,我不是那意思
I'm just saying, you might get a call.
只是跟你说,可能会有记者给你打电话
I'm going now.
我要挂了
No, wait.
别,等等
You and the kids are coming
你和孩子们
to the Hyra tomorrow night for the returns, right?
明天晚上会参加宴会,对吧
I am. Not the kids?
我会来,孩子们不来?
Good-bye, Eli.
再见,伊莱
It's a four-bedroom, five-and-a-half-bath
四个卧室,五个半卫生间
1933 colonial revival.
1933年的殖民地复兴风格
Stanley Myers interior.
斯坦·迈耶做的内部装修
Beautiful, isn't it?
很美,是吧
It is.
是的
You have to see the formal dining room.
你一定要看看正餐室
Original hardwood floors.
原版硬木地板
2.4 million, but I'm pretty sure I can get them down to 2.1.
要价240万,不过我有把握砍到210万
It's a quiet neighborhood, close to very good schools,
社区很宁静,临近的学校非常好
public and private.
公立的私立的都有
It's a divorce, so they're very motivated.
房主在办离婚,所以很愿意卖
So the vote's tomorrow, huh?
明天就投票了
Mrs. State's attorney.
州检察官夫人
Sorry, is that jinxing it?
抱歉,太早祝贺你不会觉得扫兴吧
Excuse me a moment.
抱歉
Alicia Florrick.
我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Mrs. Florrick, hello.
福瑞克太太,你好
This is Andrew Wiley.
我是安德鲁·怀利
I'm an investigator with the state's attorney's office.
州检察官办公室的调查员
I'm a little busy, Mr...
我有点忙,您是?
Wiley.
怀利先生
I won't keep you.
不会耽误你太多时间
I just need to ask you
我得问你几个
a few questions about my investigation.
关于我调查的问题
I was told that investigation was concluded, Mr. Wiley.
我听说那个调查已经结束了,怀利先生
Yeah, well, the Kalinda Sharma investigation was concluded.
是的,对凯琳达·夏尔马的调查结束了
This is a new one.
这是另外一个
Uh, when can we talk?
什么时候能跟您谈谈
Well, I'm...
我
That's my call-waiting.
有个电话等着
Why don't you-I'll have my assistant call.
你何不,我让我的助手跟你联系
Okay. When?
好,什么时候
Soon.
尽快吧
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Hello, Mrs. Florrick.
你好,福瑞克太太
Uh, it's Natalie Flores.
我是娜塔莉·弗里斯
Um, I'm the intern you hired for the month.
你雇了我做这个月的实习生
The one with the immigration trouble who worked
我就是那个有移民问题的
as a nanny for Wendy Scott-Carr and-and was fired after...
曾经当过温迪的保姆,后来被解雇了
I know, Natalie. What's up?
我知道,娜塔莉,什么事
Your husband wanted you to look at the study.
你丈夫想让你看看书房
Through there.
从那边过去
Maybe nothing. Uh, or something.
也没什么,有点问题
I-I don't know the protocol here.
我不太清楚这里的规矩
Look, Natalie, I'm a little busy.
娜塔莉,我这边有点事
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Uh, th-this contract you asked me
你让我翻译的那个合同
to translate for the deposition today--
今天取证用的
I was looking at The 2007 extension...
我正在看2007年的延期协议
It's not the extension.
我没请你翻译延期协议
We already had that translated.
那个已经让人翻译过了
I wanted the side letter translated.
我要你翻译的是单边保证函
Never mind. Um, I'll just wait till you get here.
没关系,我还是等你到了再说吧
It's probably nothing.
可能也没什么
No, I'm sorry, Natalie.
不,抱歉,娜塔莉
It's been a crazy morning. What is it?
今天早上太忙了,有什么问题
Well, I-I know I'm just an intern here,
我明白我只是个实习生
and I really don't want to get anyone in trouble,
我也不想给别人找茬
but I think your translator mistranslated it.
不过我想你们的翻译翻错了
That's my call-waiting.
我有个电话进来
I'll be right in.
我回头再切回来
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Alicia, sorry to bother you at home,
艾丽西娅,抱歉在家打扰你
but can you come in early? We have a problem.
不过你能早点来吗,我们这出了问题
Sure.
当然
The deposition?
取证出问题了?
No, the client. He had a heart attack.
不,是委托人,他心脏病突发
What?!
什么
His daughter's here--
他女儿在这
Aida.
阿依达
Oh, my god.
天哪
When?
什么时候
Last night.
昨天晚上
She says he's conscious; he's out of the icu,
她说他神志清醒,已经出了重症监护室
but he wants us to continue with the depositions.
不过他想要我们继续取证
He want...? How?
他要...怎么取证
That's what we're trying to figure out now.
我们也正在想办法
So can you come in?
你能来吗
Sure. Her father always said this was a cursed suit.
当然,她父亲常说这诉讼是被诅咒了的
Eh, there's no such thing.
没有的事
But don't say it,
不过别这么说
because it's unlucky.
不过真的有点背
I'll see you in 20 minutes.
20分钟后见
I thought of you.
我觉得这房子适合你
It's like your old house.
这就像你以前的房子
You ever miss it?
你有怀念过吗
My old house?
我以前的房子?
Sometimes.
有时候吧
Well, this one is better.
这栋房子更好
I have to go.
我得走了
You haven't even seen upstairs.
你连楼上都没看呢
I'll come back.
我会回来的
It is tempting.
这房子很诱人
What's wrong with being tempted?
被诱惑又有什么错
It was hard.
这很难
I won't lie.
我不会撒谎
These flyers tried to make our love ugly.
这些传单想丑化我们的爱
And then our daughters were the ones to bring them home.
而把它们带回家的正是我们的女儿
Did it make you cry, Elisa?
它把你弄哭了吗,艾丽莎
Yeah, I guess,
我想是的
but mom and dad explained it to me.
不过爸爸妈妈给我解释了
Oh, my god, we're screwed.
天哪,我们完蛋了
You've had a strong marriage for over decade now, Spencer.
十几年来,你们的婚姻坚如磐石,斯宾塞
What do you think of the troubles in the Florrick marriage?
对福瑞克家的婚姻问题,你是怎么看的
Oh, dear god almighty.
天哪,全能的上帝
I think any marriage that stays together
我认为任何一个彼此相守的婚姻
is to be respected, admired.
都值得尊重和赞许
Every marriage needs some space.
每个婚姻都需要一些空间
We got to do some polling. No.
我们得搞些民意调查,不
We got to get Florrick's wife to do the interview.
我们得让福瑞克太太接受访谈
She won't.
她不会的
I don't think You get it, Eli.
看来你没弄清形势,伊莱
Or she doesn't.
或者是她没看清
You're in a race that's tied with one day to go,
现在双方比分咬得很紧,只剩一天
and he just hit a home run for his wife.
这人给妻子打出了一记全垒打
Alicia Florrick doesn't have the luxury to say no,
艾丽西娅·福瑞克拒绝不起
and you don't have the luxury to protect her.
你也保护不起她
I'm not protecting her.
我不是保护她
I promised her I would not ask her to do this.
我向她保证过不让她参与的
Oh, my god, you promised her.
天啊,你保证过她了
Well, why didn't you just say that?
你早说不就好了?
I'll be ready in a minute, Andre.
安德烈,我一分钟就好了
I have to get this to my boss.
我必须得把这个给我老板
We have better health care, too.
我们的卫生保健条件也更好
Canada has the best health care in the world.
加拿大的卫生保健条件是世界上最好的
I like it here, Andre.
安德烈,我喜欢这里
I like the U.S. I'll be right back.
我喜欢美国,我一会儿就回来
Just come look at Montreal.
你就去蒙特利尔看看吧
America is dying!
美国在消亡
Show me as we walk.
咱们边走你边给我讲
They do bilingual contracts--
他们制定双语合同
One in english, one in spanish.
一份是英语的,一份是西班牙语的
They're supposed to be identical.
他们本应是完全一致的
But they're not. Look.
但它们不是的,看
Alicia. Then, on page five...
艾丽西娅,在第五页
Aida.
阿依达
He's all right.
他还好
What happened?
发生什么事了
He was looking through their stock reports,
他在浏览他们的股市报告
trying to find things to refute them.
想找出驳倒他们的方法
And then I told him that he should stop,
然后我告诉他他应该停下来
that he should rest for today.
告诉他今天该好好休息
And then he just blacked out.
然后他就昏倒了
I drove him to the hospital.
我开车把他送到医院
Well, you should be there with him, Aida. No.
阿依达,你该待在医院陪他的,不行
He insisted I be here in his place.
他坚持让我来这里代表他
He wants me to phone him every hour, with updates.
他让我每小时向他电话汇报一次最新情况
This isn't just about the money anymore, Alicia.
艾丽西娅,这已经不仅仅与钱相关了
Oh, I-I'm sorry.
不好意思
Natalie Flores. This is Aida Rios.
这是娜塔莉·弗丽斯,这是阿依达·里奥斯
Oh, hello.
你好
Excuse me.
不好意思
Hello?
你好
Can you stay for the rest of the day?
你今天能留下吗
Me? Yes.
我吗,是的
You know what, just show this to a paralegal.
只要把这个交给律师助理就可以了
Um, no, no, no, I-I can stay.
不不,我可以留下
I just, I just have to tell my boyfriend.
我只是要告诉我男朋友一声
Great.
太好了
Aida, I'm so sorry.
阿依达,我很难过
Your dad is a tough old cuss.
你爸爸是个坚强的老头
He'll be up and around in no time.
他很快就会康复的
Thank you. And thank you, Mr. Francis,
谢谢你,弗朗西斯先生,也谢谢你
for agreeing to be deposed.
同意作证
After a year, I thought we'd never see you.
过了一年,我以为我们永远见不到你了
Then perhaps you should use your time more fruitfully.
或许你的时间应该花的更有效率点
Thank you, Isabel.
谢谢你,伊莎贝尔
So your company, Platacostillman,
那么你的公司,帕斯科公司
made how much in profits last year, Mr. Francis?
去年盈利多少呢,弗朗西斯先生
Domestic and worldwide: 6.7 billion.
国内国际一共盈利六十七亿
The oil business is proving to be quite
现在石油产业
lucrative these days, huh?
果然盈利颇丰啊
And how much did you pay Luis Rios and his company,
那么你付给了路易斯·里奥斯和他的公司
Latin Star Drilling?
拉丁之星钻探公司多少钱呢
I think you can read the documents, Mr. Gardner.
加德纳先生,我相信你能自己读文件的
You're right, Isabel, I can.
伊莎贝尔,你是对的,我可以
Zero.
一分钱也没有
And how much did the contract
合同里明文规定
specify you owed my client?
你欠我的客户多少钱呢
If Latin Star Drilling
如果拉丁之星钻探公司
fulfilled its contractual duties-- 86 million.
履行了合同义务,会给他八千六百万
And what were the contractual duties of Aida's father?
那阿依达爸爸的合同义务是什么呢
The contractual duties of Latin Star Drilling
拉丁之星钻探公司的合同义务就是
were to set up and operate oil rigs in Venezuela.
在委内瑞拉建造并运行石油钻塔
Which he did. Not in the time specified.
他完成了义务,超出了规定时间
His company promised to deliver in May 2008,
他的公司承诺在二零零八年五月交付
They delivered in September.
他们到九月才交付
Four months late?
迟了四个月吗
That's correct.
没错
Now, your Brazilian facility manager
你的巴西设施经理
finished his rig eight months late.
迟了八个月才建成钻塔
Nigerian contractor finished a year late.
尼日利亚承包商迟了一年才交付
And yet... you paid both.
但你都付款给他们了
Yes.
没错
We had agreements allowing for a late delivery.
我们达成协议允许他们延期交付了
Agreements? Good.
协议吗,很好
Where are they?
协议在哪儿呢
Handshake agreements.
是握手协议
Oh, I-I thought you were joking.
我还以为你在开玩笑呢
Didn't the reason you refused to pay Aida's father...
你拒绝给阿依达的爸爸付款的原因是不是
No, stay for this.
不,留在这里
...have nothing to do with the contract
和合同无关
and everything to do with
而仅仅与
the changing political climate in Venezuela?
委内瑞拉变化的政局有关?
No.
不是
But you closed your offices In Caracas in 2008, claiming
但你在零八年关闭了在加拉加斯的公司
"The socialist policies of the current president,
说"事实证明,现任总统
Hugo chavez, have proven
雨果·查韦斯的社会主义政策
unfriendly to American businesses."
是对美国企业不友好的"
And one week later,
一周后
You refused to pay my client's
你拒绝向我客户
Venezuelan subsidiary.
在委内瑞拉的附属企业付款
Now, it looks to me
在我看来
like you wanted to get out of Venezuela,
你是想撤出委内瑞拉
and you decided to skip on the bill.
并决定赖掉这笔帐
"Looks to me"?
什么叫"在我看来"
Is that one of those new-fangled legal terms?
这也是一个新奇的法律术语吗
Mr. Francis, the contracts with our client
弗朗西斯先生,你和我客户签订的合同
were executed in both Spanish and English; is that correct?
英语和西班牙语版本都签字生效了吧
It is.
没错
You speak Spanish, don't you, sir?
先生,你也讲西班牙语对吧
I do, fluently.
没错,很流利
Um, what does the word "Exito" Mean?
那"Exito"是什么意思呢
It means "Success."
是成功的意思
And yet it is often mistranslated as "Exit," Isn't it?
但它常常被误译为"退出"对吧
And "Exit" is sometimes mistranslated as "Exito"
而"退出"也有时被误译为"成功"
Probably because both words sound so alike.
可能是因为两个词读音相似
Thank you, Rosetta stone.
谢谢你,罗塞塔石碑
What do you have?
你想说什么啊
Here, in the U.S. Copy, it reads "Exit strategy."
这里,在英文版的合同里写着"退出策略"
And here, in the supposedly identical Spanish copy,
但在这里,本应是完全一致的西班牙语版中
"Exit strateg"" is translated as "Estrategia de exito"
"退出策略"被译为"Estrategia De Exito"
"Success strategy""
也就是"成功策略"
That is such utter b...!
这完全是个...
The delivery side-letter is now void because our client
交付单边保证函因此就失效了
never agreed to the terms of your "Exit" Delivery date.
因为我方客户从没同意你们的"退出"交货日
That is a technicality!
这只是个技术问题
He knew what he was signing!
他知道他签的内容
Give us an hour.
给我们一个小时
Dad laughed.
爸爸笑了
He was sitting up in bed.
他从床上坐起来了
He knows we still have a long haul?
他知道我们还有一场持久战吧
He does.
他知道
It's just the first time I've heard him laugh
只不过这是很长时间以来
in a long time.
我第一次听见他笑
Good job, Alicia.
艾丽西娅,干得好
Actually, it was...
事实上,这是...
What's going on?
怎么了
You know, politics is just as challenging as acting.
政治和演戏一样具有挑战性
Always has been.
一直都是这样的
What's really hard is fly-fishing.
真正难的是扮猪吃老虎
Well, hello there.
你好啊
You must be, uh...
你一定是...
Will Gardner. Right, right.
威尔·加德纳,没错,是的
Glad to meet you.
见到你很高兴
Gardner/Lockhart.
加德纳&洛克哈特
Actually, it's Lockhart/Gardner.
实际上,是洛克哈特&加德纳
Are you here to see Diane?
你来这里找戴安吗
Uh, no. Here to see you.
不,来找你的
Me? Really?
我,真的吗
Well...
那么
I'm here.
我在这里
Why are you here to see me?
为什么来找我呢
Well, I hate to say it, Will, but, uh, I'm replacing you.
我讨厌这么说,威尔,不过我要取代你
The platacostillman suit.
帕斯科公司诉讼案
I'm the new plaintiff's attorney.
我是新的原告律师
Aida, what's going on?
阿依达,怎么回事
Your dad's firing me?
你爸把我解雇了吗
What? He's hired an actor?
什么,他雇了个演员
I'm not just an actor, Will.
我不只是个演员,威尔
I practiced law for 42 years.
我当律师42年了
Just like that, he's firing me?
他就这样,把我解雇了吗
He's not firing you, Will.
他没有解雇你,威尔
He's no longer the plaintiff.
他已经不是原告了
Over here, boys.
过来,伙计们
This is the consul general of Venezuela.
这位是委内瑞拉的总领事
And this is, uh, somebody else-- can't remember his name.
这位是,不知道谁,记不住他的名字了
But, uh, they're representative
不过,他们代表
of the Venezuelan oil industry.
委内瑞拉石油公司
And your client's oil facility has just been nationalized.
你客户的石油公司刚被国有化
Oh, no. Sorry to have to do this,
不,抱歉不得不这么做
but, you know, Venezuela is a socialist country,
不过,你知道,委内瑞拉是个社会主义国家
and they've just nationalized Latin Star's drilling subsidiary.
他们刚把拉丁之星的钻塔子公司国有化
So that means you're no longer the plaintiff, ma'am,
那意味着你不再是原告,女士
and you're no longer the plaintiff's counsel.
你也不再是原告律师
They are,
他们才是原告
And I am.
我才是原告律师
So thank you very much.
所以非常感谢
We'll take over from here.
我们要接手了
Not to sound too melodramatic...
毫不夸张地说
but over my dead body.
你想接这案子除非我死了
Well, not to sound equally melodramatic,
我也不夸张地说
But, uh, let's dance.
我们开战吧
You don't understand. They pulled within a point,
你不明白,他们拉近到只差一个百分点
and that's within the margin of error.
那在误差范围之内
No, you don't understand.
不,你不明白
We just went from a case we were winning
我们一个快赢的案子
to a case that isn't even ours.
居然要飞了
I know, and I told you I would never ask you
我知道,我说过永远不会
to do an on-screen interview.
要求你接受电视访谈
And for nine months, I haven't,
九个月以来,我没要求过
but we need you.
但我们需要你
Peter needs you.
彼得需要你
To ask once is still to ask.
要求一次也是要求
I know, but I promise I'll never ask again and...
我知道,不过我保证只此一次...
Because the election is tomorrow,
因为明天就选举了
and so even if I wanted to, there isn't time.
即使我想再要求,也没有时间
Wendy Scott-Carr's husband did the spousal interview,
温迪的丈夫做了配偶访谈
and now they have the momentum.
现在他们势头正盛
And it's not just about him giving the interview.
而且这不光是他接受了采访的关系
It's about you not.
而是你没有接受采访
Don't put this on my shoulders, Eli.
别把责任推给我,伊莱
It is on your shoulders.
这就是你的责任
Peter's indiscretions are out front because you won't speak.
你不发声,彼得的丑闻就更惹眼
I agreed to leave you out of the politics
我同意让你远离政治
because you didn't want to comment,
因为你不想发表意见
but now your absence is the comment.
但现在你不发声就是表态
That's not fair.
那不公平
Of course, it's not fair. Politics is not fair.
当然,不公平,政治本来就不公平
Is that...? Yes.
那是...是的
Why....?
怎么
Do you really want to know?
你真的想知道
Alicia, you... You don't want to think three days from now
艾丽西娅,三天之后
that you cost Peter the election.
你就会意识到自己毁了彼得的竞选
Wow. You are really laying it on.
你还真是赖上我了
I believe in Peter.
我信赖彼得
Peter will be better than Wendy Scott-Carr.
彼得比温迪要好
Why?
为什么
Because she is more idealistic than practical,
因为她理想多于实际
and the world chews up idealistic people.
这社会能把理想主义者生吞活剥了
Peter will not be chewed up.
彼得就不会
All I need is two hours this afternoon. That's all.
只需要今天下午两个小时,仅此而已
Eli, even if I wanted to, I work.
伊莱,即使我想去,我有工作
This case has been bubbling along for a year.
这案子争论了一年多
It's here. I can't abandon it--
现在是紧要关头,我不能放下它
Especially when the client is in the hospital
尤其客户在医院时
and Venezuela is trying to steal it.
委内瑞拉政府想要偷走这个案子
I'm sorry.
抱歉
How are you doing here?
你在这里如何
Good. I love Alicia.
很好,我喜欢艾丽西娅
Thank you for making this work. Oh, no.
谢谢你给我安排工作,不
They're the ones who needed you.
是他们需要你
How's your father doing?
你父亲怎么样了
He's working on his citizenship.
他在争取公民资格
Uh, we're testing each other.
我们互相考试
Did you know there are 27 amendments to the constitution?
你知道一共有27条宪法修正案吗
I did hear something about it.
我听说过
Uh, I have to go.
我得走了
Oh. Come tomorrow night.
明晚来吧
We're having a party for the candidate--
我们有个为候选人办的庆功会
If we win, I mean.
如果我们赢了,我是说
I don't think that's a good idea, but thank you.
我认为那不是个好主意,不过谢谢
I have to work.
我得工作去了
I'll see you tonight?
今天晚上见吧
So you are Mr. Gold?
你是戈德先生?
Do I know you?
我认识你吗
I am Andre.
我是安德烈
I'm Natalie's boyfriend.
娜塔莉的男朋友
She said she met a Mr. Gold. That is you?
她说她遇上一位戈德先生,是你吗
Yes. It is me.
是的,是我
We're in love. Okay.
我们在谈恋爱,好的
You're older than she is.
你比她岁数大
Am I missing something here?
我漏掉什么了吗
I'm just talking.
我就是说说
That's all. And I'm going.
仅此而已,我要走了
This is absurd.
这真荒谬
Venezuela just nationalized our case?
委内瑞拉我们的案子收归国有了?
They nationalized Latin Star's Venezuelan subsidiary,
他们把拉丁之星的委内瑞拉子公司收归国有了
So they claim they have the case.
他们声称享有这个案子
Should I tell my dad?
我应该告诉我爸爸吗
I'm just worried how he'll react.
我只是担心他会作何反应
I wouldn't yet. It's not certain they can do this.
先别说,还不确定他们能这么做
And our options?
我们的选择呢
We fight it-- federal court.
争取,联邦法院
Or we delay it. How?
或者推迟它,怎么推迟
Natalie?
娜塔莉
Go ahead.
说吧
Uh, I... Well, the thing is, um,
我...最重要的是
Hugo Chavez tried to nationalize CEMEX,
雨果·查韦斯企图国有化CEMEX
A Venezuelan cement company,
一家委内瑞拉水泥公司
but they sued successfully
但那家公司通过诉讼成功地要求
for a delay to have a fair market value assessed.
以公平市价对其进行评估,实现了拖延
Okay, and how do we know this?
好的,我们怎么知道的呢
Well, when I shorted CEMEX
当我在加拉加斯交易所
on the Caracas exchange, I took a bath.
卖空CEMEX时,损失惨重
Won't be doing that again.
再不会犯那样的错了
I'm sorry. Who are you again?
对不起,你是谁来着
Natalie Flores.
娜塔莉·弗里斯
You hired me as a temp, but I was a day trader before that,
你们雇我做临时秘书,而我曾是个日间交易员
So if you ever want me to manage your money...
如果你需要我帮你理财的话
That was a joke.
开玩笑的
Not the part about the day-trading-- that was real.
但我做过日间交易员是真的
We hired Natalie for a few weeks to help her with her citizenship.
我们雇佣娜塔莉几周以帮助她获得公民权
Tell them about Cemex-- what the assessment did.
跟他们讲下CEMEX公司评估报告的作用
Right. Well, it bought Cemex time.
好的,它帮助CEMEX赢得了时间
Time to bargain for a better deal.
有时间讨价还价
So we delay
所以我们应拖延
and try to make a deal with PlatacoStillman?
并尝试与帕斯科公司做个交易
Makes sense.
有道理
They'd rather make a deal with us
比起跟雨果·查韦斯
than Hugo Chavez anyway.
他们肯定会更愿意跟我们做交易
Good job.
做得好
Uh, Mrs. Florrick, Andrew Wiley.
福瑞克夫人,我是安德鲁·怀利
Oh, yes.
噢,是啊
My assistant was going to give you a call.
我的助理会打电话给你预约
Yeah, I decided to save her the trouble.
我就不麻烦她了
Well, I'm a little busy.
我现在有点忙
Um, just quickly, ma'am.
很快的,夫人
I-I-I'm not here for Childs.
我不是因为查尔兹而来
I-I'm... I'm following up on an interview
我在调查一个谈话
given to one of our ASAs
我们那儿一位助理检察官跟这里
by an investigator here, a Blake Calamar.
一个调查员的谈话,布莱克·卡拉马尔
Oh, yes. Blake no longer works here.
布莱克已经不在这里工作了
Yeah, I-I-I know.
我知道
But, um, you see, some of the pages from his interview are... are gone,
但他的谈话笔录有几页不见了
And, uh, I'm-I'm trying to hunt down what he said.
我得设法查出他说了什么
Don't you think you should be talking to Blake? If you'll excuse me...
你这不是应该去问布莱克吗,失陪了
Unfortunately, I can't.
可惜我没法找他
I-I hit a dead end, and I don't like dead ends,
我无计可施了,我不喜欢这样
and I was hoping that you could help me understand
所以希望你能帮我弄明白
why Blake was talking about you.
为什么布莱克会谈到你
Me? Yeah.
我吗,是的
You see, I found a small portion of the preliminary notes,
我找到笔录前面的一小部分
and the subject line for the interview is listed as "Alicia florrick."
在谈话主题那一栏写的艾丽西娅·福瑞克
So I was wondering if you knew what he might be discussing.
所以我想你是否知道他大概会说些什么
No, I don't.
不,我不知道
You're sure?
你确定吗
I have to go.
我得走了
So we're not going to handle this like gentlemen?
我们就不能以君子之道来解决这事吗
Actually, I think this is how gentlemen handle it.
实际上我觉得这正是君子之道
We just filed a suit
我们刚刚提起诉讼
contesting the Venezuelan nationalizing of Latin Star
反对委内瑞拉政府将拉丁之星收归国有
until the World Bank's ICSID
直到世界银行国际投资争端解决中心
assesses a value for the company.
对该公司资产做出评估为止
No, no, no. Strike three, Birdie. You struck out.
不不不,第三击了,菜鸟,三振出局
I'm sorry, Mr. President. Did you have something to add?
很抱歉,总统先生,您有何补充吗
My spanish may be a little rusty,
我的西班牙语也许不太灵光
but I think President Chavez disagrees.
但我想查韦斯总统不同意这样
Tell them, DA. You're the DA. You tell them.
告诉他们,你是检察官,你告诉他们
No, no. I told you, now. I'm not an actual DA.
不,我跟您说过,我不是真的检察官
I, uh, did impersonate one on TV.
只是在电视上演过一次
Phone Sean Penn. Phone him.
打电话给肖恩·潘,打电话给他
The President would like for you to understand that, uh,
总统希望你们能明白
he is now the... Sole owner of Latin Star,
现在他是拉丁之星的唯一所有者
and has rechristened it...
并重新将其命名为
the, uh, Love Drilling and Oil Company.
洛芙石油钻探公司
Uh, "The Americans again want my oil.
美国人又想要我的石油
They thirst for it. All Americans."
所有美国人都想要得不得了
"except Courtney Love. Not her."
除了寇特尼·洛芙,除了她
"Even now, she is not appreciated in her country.
就连现在,她在自己的国家都无人欣赏
Where is her Academy Award? Where?"
为什么不给她奥斯卡金像奖,为什么
Uh, thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢您,总统先生
President Chavez has thanked you for your service,
查韦斯总统感谢你们之前的服务
and he's just asking that you step back, uh, from the case.
并要求你们退出此案
Yes, the only problem is, the law of his own country
可问题在于他自己国家的法律
requires a three-month period
也要求有三个月的期限
to assess the value of our client's company.
来评估我当事人公司的资产
He's changing the law.
他在修改法律
What?
什么
The Enabling Law of 2008.
2008年的授权法案
The Venezuelan National Assembly voted
委内瑞拉国家议会同意
to give the president the power to change law
若为维护本国利益
if it protected the interests of Venezuela.
总统有权修改法律
Oh, my god.
噢,我的天
It's like being in a Woody Allen movie.
这简直是伍迪·艾伦荒诞电影的情节
Have it ready by 1:00 for court.
一点钟上法庭前准备好
You, too.
你也是
Good job.
做得好
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh, Alicia, do you have a moment?
艾丽西娅,你现在有空吗
So who am I negotiating with here-- you or Venezuela?
我现在是在跟谁谈判,你还是委内瑞拉政府
We're going to court right now to find out.
马上上了法庭就知道了
Unfortunately, you lost your window, Mr. Gardner.
遗憾的是你这条路行不通,加德纳先生
PlatacoStillman is a very busy company, so...
帕斯科公司的事务非常繁忙,所以
Why don't we pencil in a time for depositions in,
我们何不先草拟个宣誓作证的时间
uh, 2012?
2012年如何
You mean after you've bankrupted my client?
等你们把我的当事人搞破产之后吗
No, we're going to continue these depositions this afternoon.
不,我们今天下午就要继续宣誓作证
You're not going to be ready this afternoon.
下午你们准备不好的
We're going to be ready this afternoon.
下午我们会准备好的
You know, we have other ways to attack this.
我们有的是办法进攻
Contractual law is just so bloodless, don't you think?
合同法是如此冷酷无情,不觉得吗
See you this afternoon.
下午见
Take the afternoon off.
下午放半天假吧
Excuse me?
你说什么
Go ahead. Take the afternoon off.
去吧,下午放半天假
You deserve it.
你应得的
I... Uh, thank you,
谢谢
But this is my case-I'm committed.
但这是我的案件,我责无旁贷
I know, and you can continue with it tomorrow.
我知道,你可以明天再接着做
We'll be fine in court.
我们出庭没问题
This isn't a punishment.
这不是惩罚
We just... We have too many voices right now,
只是现在有太多突发状况
so take a break for a few hours.
所以去休息一下吧
This afternoon? Yes.
今天下午吗,是的
Who talked to you?
是谁跟你说的
Who talked to me? Yes.
谁跟我说的,是的
Did Eli call?
是伊莱打了电话吗
Alicia, take the afternoon off.
艾丽西娅,下午放半天假
Come back tomorrow for the depositions.
明天回来再处理宣誓作证
Hey, Alicia. How are you? You sound a little...
艾丽西娅,你好吗,你听起来有点
This is my life, Eli.
这是我的生活,伊莱
You don't meddle with my life.
你不能干涉我的生活
Okay, Alicia. What's wrong?
好的,艾丽西娅,出什么事了
I've been working on this case for over a year now,
这个案件我办了一年多了
and you do this?
而你现在来这套
Well, you can forget it. I'm not doing the interview.
你就死了心吧,我不会做访问
And I don't care if Peter blames me for the rest of his life.
我也不在乎彼得后半辈子会不会怨我
And as I understand it, you're asking for an emergency injunction.
按我的理解,你是要申请紧急禁令
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官大人
We were in the midst of a settlement negotiation with PlatacoStillman,
我们正处于与帕斯科公司和解谈判的过程中
and in our opinion,
在我们看来
Venezuela has no standing in this suit.
委内瑞拉政府在本案中没有起诉权
No, we would agree that the president of Venezuela
不,我们同意委内瑞拉总统
has the power to change laws in his country,
有权修改自己国家的法律
but in our opinion, those powers should not
但依我们所见,这种权力不应当
impact a lawsuit in this country.
影响到我国的案件
The president hasn't changed the laws
总统并没有改变
of the United States, your honor.
美国的法律,法官大人
He's changed the laws of Venezuela,
他修改了委内瑞拉的法律
and they just happen to impact a lawsuit here.
这刚好影响到了这里的一件案子
Was that in your opinion?
那是你的看法吗
Excuse me?
什么
Your opinion.
你的看法
You were expressing your opinion, right?
你表述的是你的看法,是吧
I don't know, uh, what you're getting at.
我不知道,你在说什么
Your honor?
法官大人
It is just such an honor to have you in my court, sir.
很荣幸在我的法庭上见到你,先生
Oh, it's my honor, your honor.
哦,这是我的荣幸,法官大人
You don't know how many young people
你的剧集不知鼓舞了
you encourage with your show.
多少年轻人
Oh, thank you, but, uh,
谢谢你,不过
It would probably be a mistake to call it my show.
可能说成是我的剧集是不对的
And so humble.
你还这么谦虚
I must say, you... you look taller in person.
我得说,你,你本人看起来高一点
Well, now, you're embarrassing me, ma'am.
现在你让我不好意思了,女士
Just one woman's opinion.
仅是一位女士的看法
Your honor, just quickly--
法官大人,我长话短说
This case is not about the opposing counsel.
本案不是关于对方律师的
It's about his client, president Hugo Chavez.
而是关于他的客户,雨果·查韦斯总统
I would disagree.
我反对
It's about the rule of law in Venezuela.
本案是关于委内瑞拉的法律规定
You mean the new rule of law.
你指的是法律新规定
This law was changed a half hour ago, your honor--
这项法律一小时前修改的,法官大人
In my opinion-- and as such, it is a ex post facto law.
依我所见,法律不能追溯之前的行为
Unfortunately, Mr. Gardner,
很不幸,加德纳先生
Ms. Lockhart, I am a judge in chicago.
洛克哈特女士,我是芝加哥的法官
I have no jurisdiction over Venezuelan law.
我对于委内瑞拉的法律没有裁决权
I do understand your argument for emergency relief,
我真的理解你们紧急禁令这一论点
so I will freeze Latin Star's assets until...
所以我会冻结拉丁之星的财产直到
Your honor, it has taken us a year
法官大人,我们花了一年的时间
to get Platacostillman to the negotiations table.
才把帕斯科公司弄到谈判桌前
Our-our client has had a heart attack
我们的客户还发作了心脏病
due to the drawn-out nature of this fight.
就因为这场官司的旷日持久
A freeze would not be in the interests of Latin Star
冻结财产对拉丁之星和
or the Venezuelan people, your honor.
委内瑞拉的人民的都无益处,法官大人
Then I would suggest that you align your interests
那么我就建议你们联合起来
against Platacostillman.
共同对抗帕斯科公司
You both have reason to want a fair settlement.
你们双方都有理由要一个公平的协商结果
In my opinion, the best result would be for you,
依我所见,最好的结果就是你们
Mr. Gardner, Ms. Lockhart,
加德纳先生,洛克哈特女士
to represent president Chavez in this lawsuit, too.
在本案中也代理查韦斯总统
And thank you, sir,
还要谢谢你,先生
for doing all you've done to inspire the youth of America.
你所做的激励了美国的年轻一代
Great.
好极了
We have a dictator for a client.
我们有了个独裁者客户
Well, here we are.
我们都在这儿了
I'm glad your client finds this funny.
我很高兴你的客户觉得这有趣
What is he saying?
他说什么
He likes your dress.
他喜欢你的裙子
Oh, how nice.
哦,他真好
You know, this doesn't have to be bad.
这不一定是坏事
There are certain advantages to being on the same side.
统一战线有些好处
Such as?
比如说
Well, it appears everyone has kissed and made up.
看起来大家破镜重圆了
Can we continue?
我们可以继续了
Yes. And we'd like to add a name to the witness list.
是的,我们想增加一个证人
A Juan Perez.
他叫胡安·普雷兹
And who might this be?
这人干什么的
Well, he's the director of the Venezuelan interior.
他是委内瑞拉国内这个项目的负责人
Ah, a present from president Chavez. How nice.
查韦斯总统的一份礼物,多贴心啊
And what might Mr. Perez swear to?
这位普雷兹先生会证实什么
He'll swear that your client, the CEO of Platacostillman,
他会证实你的客户,帕斯科公司的首席执政官
admitted cheating Latin Star out of its fee.
欺骗拉丁之星,不给费用
Really?
真的吗
My goodness, what a revelation.
天呐,真相大白啊
Mr. Gardner, I guess dictatorship has its privileges.
加德纳先生,我猜独裁是有好处的
You can always make a deal.
你随时可以与我们达成和解
Well, we have four names
我们有四个名字
that we would like to add to the witness list.
要添到证人名单上
Remember when I told you we had other ways to attack this?
记得我说还有别的办法来打这个官司吗
How could I forget?
我怎么能忘呢
Well, Platacostillman doesn't owe Latin Star a cent--
帕斯科公司不欠拉丁之星一分钱
I'm sorry, a red cent.
不好意思,不欠一分带血的钱
Because our boilerplate
因为我们合同中的标准约定
charges prevent us from compensating companies
不允许我们为侵犯人权的公司
that commit human rights violations.
支付任何酬劳
Oh, come on.
得了吧
These four men will testify to life-threatening conditions
这四个人证明,他们亲眼目击了
that they personally witnessed
在委内瑞拉拉丁之星的钻塔上
on the Latin Star rigs in Venezuela.
对生命构成威胁的工作条件
My father says his rigs have a perfect safety record.
我爸爸说他的钻塔有着良好的安全记录
Not a single violation or infraction.
没有一起侵权和违法事件
I need you to look into these four witnesses.
我需要你调查一下这四个证人
Any direction?
哪个方面
We reached a stalemate with Platacostillman.
我们和帕斯科公司到了僵局
They're lying about human rights violations.
他们谎称有侵犯人权的情况
Find out why.
找出原因
Hey, why weren't you in there?
你怎么不在那儿
I thought you were on Platacostillman.
我以为你在忙帕斯科公司的案子
I'm on leave.
我要被"放假"了
Leave?
离开?
Just for the afternoon.
就离开一下午
Do you know an Andrew Wiley?
你认识一个叫安德鲁·怀利的吗
At the state's attorney's office?
州检察办公室的
The investigator. Yeah, he works with Cary.
那个调查员,认识,他和凯里一起的
He was asking about a last interview Blake did;
他问我关于布莱克最后一次问询的事
A last interview where he talked about me.
这最后一次的问询他提到了我
Did Cary mention this?
凯里提过这个吗
No.
没有
Probably the state's attorney's last gasp.
可能是州检察官的最后一息挣扎
Yes, an attempt to intimidate me.
是呀,试图吓唬我
Alicia. Yeah?
艾丽西娅,怎么了
I need to...
我需要
Can we talk sometime?
找时间我们谈谈好吗
Whenever you want.
你想随时都可以
I'm on leave.
我放假去了
Alicia, there you are.
艾丽西娅,你在这儿啊
Is everything okay?
一切都好吧
Oh, yeah. I just--
是的,我只是
I'm on something else this afternoon.
今天下午我要做些别的事
How's your dad? Good.
你爸怎样了,很好
I had to tell him about Hugo Chavez's involvement.
我不得不告诉他雨果·查韦斯牵扯进来了
He was confused.
他很困惑
Yeah, I am, too.
是啊,我也是
Would you excuse me a moment? Sure.
我失陪一下,当然
Thank you, Diane.
戴安,谢谢你
Ah, Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克太太
I don't think we've ever met.
我想我们没见过
Frank Landau. Hello.
我是弗兰克·朗度,你好
We're all rooting for your husband, ma'am.
我们全都支持你丈夫,女士
Take care. Nice to meet you.
保重,很高兴认识你
Diane, sorry, just quickly...
戴安,对不起,我会很快
Yes, I thought you were taking the afternoon off.
好,我还以为你下午休班了呢
I am. I just...
我是休了,我只是
Was that the chairman of the democratic committee?
那是民主党委员会的主席吗
Uh, yes.
是的
Frank. An old friend.
弗兰克,一个老朋友
He was worried we were representing
我们目前代理雨果·查韦斯
Hugo Chavez these days.
他很担心
He was the one who asked you to give me the afternoon off?
是他请你给我放一个下午假的?
I wish you wouldn't worry about it, Alicia.
我希望你不要为此担心,艾丽西娅
It's not a punishment.
这并不是惩罚
I know, but Frank Landau asked you, didn't he?
我知道,是弗兰克·朗度请你帮忙的,对吗
Thank you.
谢谢
This is Mr. Carlos Santos,
这位是卡洛斯·桑托斯先生
A worker on the Latin Star oil rig,
拉丁之星石油钻塔的一名工人
And recent immigrator to America.
最近移民美国
Mr. Santos, nice to meet you?
桑托斯先生,很高兴见到你
It's a worker, Mr. President.
这是位工人,总统先生
A man named Carlos Santos.
他叫卡洛斯·桑托斯
So you say you witnessed
你说你目击了
human rights abuses
委内瑞拉石油钻塔上
On the oil rigs in Venezuela, Mr. Santos?
发生的侵犯人权行为,桑托斯先生?
Mr. Santos?
桑托斯先生?
I have been awarded the Al-Gaddafi international prize
我被卡扎菲上校
for human rights by Colonel Gaddafi.
授予了卡扎菲国际人权奖
I would never stand for human rights
我绝不容忍我国境内
violations in my country. Never.
出现侵犯人权的行为,绝不
So tell this Santos he is lying.
这个桑托斯,他在撒谎
Do you refute that, Mr. Santos?
你有什么要反驳的吗,桑托斯先生
Do you have family still in Venezuela, Mr. Santos?
你在委内瑞拉还有家人吗,桑托斯先生
Si.
是的
A wife and two kids.
妻子和两个孩子
So you would like to change your testimony too,
那么你也愿意改变你的证词
Mr. Pulito?
普利托先生?
I guess you have family in Venezuela, too?
我猜你也有家人还在委内瑞拉吧
No, no, wait, Kalinda.
不,等等,凯琳达
You don't need to look into three of the workers.
三个工人你不必都调查
They recanted.
有人撤回证词了
Just one of them is testifying.
只剩下一个还在作证的
He doesn't have family in Venezuela.
他在委内瑞拉没有家人了
Which one?
哪一个
Okay, got it.
好的,知道了
Hey.
嗨
I need help with just one of the names.
我只需要你帮忙查一个人
Esteban Gonzales.
伊斯特班·冈查理斯
Walk with me. Share your troubles.
一起走走,分享一下你的麻烦
Cary, what's going on with your investigator Wiley?
凯里,你那个调查员怀利怎么了
My investigator? I don't know. Why?
我的调查员?我不知道,怎么了
He approached Alicia.
他去找艾丽西娅了
He doesn't know.
他并不知内情
I know, but he approached Alicia.
我知道,不过他去找艾丽西娅了
I can't stop him.
我没法阻止他
The more I try to stop him, the harder he digs.
我越是拦着,他挖的越深
I have to talk to her.
我得和艾丽西娅谈谈
Yeah, that's a hard one.
这事可难办
By the way, I slept with your husband.
顺便一说,我和你丈夫上过床
Oh, sorry, is that too blunt?
不好意思,我说得太直白了吗
It was before we met.
那是在我们认识以前
Okay, well, then maybe she'll understand.
好吧,这样或许她就能谅解你了
You know what? It's my turn.
知道么,该你帮我了
Before you talk to Alicia about your... issue,
在你和艾丽西娅谈那件事之前
Ask her to smooth things over for me with Peter.
请她帮我吹吹彼得的枕边风
What? You're always asking me for favors.
干嘛,你一直请我帮你
This is mine.
该你帮我了
If Peter is elected, I don't want to be summarily fired
要是彼得选上了,我可不想因为关系不好
Because there's bad blood between us.
被立刻扫地出门
So you're going to stay at the state's attorney's office?
那么你想继续呆在州检察官办公室?
I like it there.
我喜欢在那工作
But don't tell her you slept with Peter
不过在你替我美言之前
before you put in a good word for me, okay?
别告诉她你和彼得上过床
Uh, I gotta go.
呃,我得挂了
Mrs. Florrick, hello.
福瑞克夫人,你好
Peter isn't here.
彼得不在这里
I'm sorry. I thought it was you.
抱歉,我以为是你干的
What was me?
什么是我干的
I was excused from work for the afternoon by Diane,
戴安给我放了一下午的假
and I thought you were the one who arranged it.
我以为是你安排的
No, never. I know.
不,不是我,我知道
It was Frank Landau.
是弗兰克·朗度干的
Sorry.
不好意思
He's a little... worried.
他有点焦虑
I know.
我理解
I'll do it.
我接受
It?
接受什么
The interview.
接受采访
If it's not too late.
如果还来得及的话
Sorry.
抱歉
It's my decision.
这是我自己的决定
Then thank you.
那谢谢你
The witness, Esteban Gonzales,
这个目击证人,伊斯特班·冈查理斯
was indeed injured in a oil rig accident.
确实在一次石油钻塔事故中受伤了
There are hospital records in both Venezuela and Chicago.
芝加哥和委内瑞拉的医院都有病历
It's untrue. My Dad said...
这不是真的,我爸爸说...
It's not from your dad's oil rig.
事故不是发生在你父亲的钻塔上
Now the hospital records show
病历显示
that he had salt water in his lungs when he was admitted.
入院时他的肺里有海水
Which is odd... because all the Latin Star rigs are land-based.
这点很可疑,因为拉丁之星的油井都在陆地上
It was offshore drilling.
那么是海上钻井平台
Yep. And you know who has offshore rigs?
没错,你知道谁拥有海上钻井平台吗
Platacostillman.
帕斯科公司
Well, looks like we have something
看来我们和对手
to discuss with our adversaries.
又有料可谈了
It's a performance, a show, and you're the wife.
这就是一场演出,你演的是傲骨贤妻
I know, I know.
我承认,有点虚伪
But people don't listen, they watch.
不过人们不会听你说什么,他们只是看
And they want to see you at ease, calm, loving.
他们希望看到你轻松,镇定,钟情
So...
那么
Do you forgive Peter?
你原谅彼得了吗
I think Peter is my husband; he's the father of my children;
彼得是我丈夫,是我孩子的父亲
And I watch him every day,
我每天看着他
trying to make amends for his past mistakes.
试着改正过去犯下的错误
So that's a no?
那么你还没有原谅他
No, it's a yes.
不,我原谅他了
Good.
很好
Thank you.
谢谢你
Is it true?
是真的吗
Did it sound true?
听上去像真的吗
Do you know Peter slept with Amber Madison
你是否知道,彼得和安贝儿·麦迪逊
on 18 separate occasions?
发生过18次性关系
She's gunning for you on that.
她肯定要用这个问题朝你开火
I do know that.
我知道这件事
Does that bother you?
你感到困扰吗
Does it bother me? It horrifies me.
何止困扰,我的心都碎了
Okay, okay, a little less.
好,好,这个有点过了
But Peter and I discussed it.
不过彼得和我谈过此事
It was a difficult time in our marriage.
那真是婚姻的艰难时期
Peter was at work so much, and I was at home.
彼得忙于工作,而我呆在家里
A marriage needs constant attention,
婚姻需要持续的相互关怀来维系
and we allowed our attention to flag.
可我们就这样任由关怀消散了
Good.
非常好
So why will it be different this time if Peter is elected?
为什么若是彼得这次当选会有所改观
Because Peter has seen the inside of a prison cell.
因为彼得亲眼目击了监狱的内部状况
He's found an enduring faith.
他找到了恒久的信仰
And he's seen the hurt he's done to his children.
他也看到了他对孩子们造成的伤害
Good. Tell me about your children.
不错,谈谈你的孩子们吧
How have they handled it?
他们如何对待此事
They're...
在我眼中
They're the best people I know.
他们是最好的孩子
I love them more...
我爱他们
I would do anything to see them not hurt.
只要他们能不受伤害,要我做什么都可以
They love their father,
他们爱他们的父亲
And they have stood by him throughout.
从始至终,他们都陪伴着父亲
Good.
很好
Emotional, but not too...
感性,但不算太....
So, tell me about your work.
那么,谈谈你的工作吧
Do you worry your work takes you away from your children?
你是否担心过事业会疏远你和孩子的关系
I do.
担心过
But I needed to work to support my family.
但我需要工作来补助家庭开销
So will you stop working when he's elected?
那若他当选,你会辞职吗
No.
不会
I care about my work,
我在乎我的事业
I care about my clients,
在乎我的委托人们
and I think that
并且我认为
my children support what I do.
孩子们会支持我的工作
You think? Yes.
你认为吗,对
You have to be more definitive.
回答得更有力点才行
Any anecdotes with the kids that you can relate?
能引用一下孩子们的原话吗
No, that is definitive enough.
不,我觉得我表达到位了
Okay.
好的
Good.
好
Let her come off as the bully.
让她来做黑脸
The viewers want her to ask the tough questions,
观众会期待她问出一些尖酸的问题
then they feel guilty and start blaming her.
之后他们会感到内疚,并怪罪于她
So just stay... cool. And real.
你只需保持冷静,直言不讳就行
We're ready for you now.
一切就绪了
We'll be right there.
我们马上就来
Thank you, Alicia.
谢谢你,艾丽西娅
I... I just wish this were all so much easier.
我希望本希望一切能顺顺当当
Well, if it were easier, everybody would be doing it.
要真能顺顺当当的,大家都能来竞选了
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Mrs. Florrick, Andrew Wiley.
福瑞克夫人,我是安德鲁·怀利
About my investigation-- do you have a moment?
是关于我那个调查的事,你有空吗
No, Mr. Wiley, I do not.
怀利先生,我没空
And if you contact me one more time without some real evidence,
如果你继续无端联系我
I will sue your office for harassment,
我会告你们骚扰
do you understand me?
明白吗
This means nothing.
这什么也证明不了
It means everything.
这可以证明一切
It means Luis Rios never had a human rights problem on his rigs,
它可证明路易斯·里奥斯从未有过人权问题
but you did, Mr. Francis.
有这问题的是你,弗朗西斯先生
I think that's a stretch.
扯远了吧
Let's see how stretchy it is
我们可以瞧瞧
to the press and your shareholders.
媒体和股东会不会觉得这算跑题
First I beat George W. Bush--
我之前打败了乔治·布什
now I beat you, Mr. Danger!
现在又打败了你,危险先生
$50 million.
五千万
With a gag order.
你们得签封口令
But we have to close right now.
但这案子必须现在就结
No.
不行
Uh, I think we need a minute.
我想我们得商量一下
No we don't.
不需要
You'll have to do better.
你们的条件不够好
This is not the time to play good cop, bad cop.
这时候可不用唱黑白脸
I'm not.
我认真的
$50 million is not acceptable.
五千万太少了
Oh, come on, president!
拜托,总统大人
This is ridiculous.
真是荒唐
He's saying, "I know what you want,
他说,我知道你打的什么主意
and you're never gonna get it."
你别做梦了得到它
Wait, who?
等等,谁
The CEO is telling Chavez that he's never gonna get it.
首席执行官对查韦斯说他想要的肯定拿不到
and the president is saying,
然后总统说
"It was mine anyway. You stole it."
本来就是我的,是你们之前偷走了
What? What did they steal?
什么,他们偷走了什么
A geophysical surveying map of the untapped oil reserves
这是位于委内瑞拉奥里诺科石油带的
in the Orinoco Belt.
未开采石油的地理综合勘察地图
President Chavez wants this map to know where to drill for oil.
查韦斯总统想利用此地图得知钻井的最佳地点
And Platacostillman commissioned the survey
而帕斯科公司委托进行了此勘测
and considers it proprietary work product.
并将其视为自己的工作成果
And what does this have to do with your lawsuit?
这和本次诉讼案有何关联
Nothing, your honor, in our opinion.
我方认为,并无关联,法官大人
That's why we ask you to sever the two cases.
正因如此我们请您将两案分开对待
President Chavez has a conflict of interest here.
查韦斯总统在这里存在利益冲突
What he's asking for won't benefit my client in the least.
他的要求对我的委托人毫无益处
There is no conflict of interest, your honor.
这里并没有利益冲突,法官大人
The president is trying to negotiate
总统只是在设法寻求
a greater settlement, that's all.
更好的协商结果,仅此而已
We all benefit from a greater settlement.
更好的协商结果能使我们双方受益
Don't we, your honor?
不是吗,法官大人
Y-your honor?
法官大人
Was that in your opinion?
这是你的看法吗
Well, yes, in my opinion.
对,在我看来
So we're back to square one?
我们又回到起点了?
Okay, here's the deal.
好了,这么办吧
You want the surveys, we want the money.
你们想勘测结果,而我们要的是钱
We'll drop out of the case, and you settle with
你去协商帕斯科公司那边
Platacostillman for the survey maps.
勘测地图的事,而我们则撤销诉讼
Okay.
好的
And what do you get?
你们想要什么条件
Transfer of $86 million to this Latin star account
在今天之内在这个拉丁执行账户上
by end of business day today.
打八千六百万美元
You were willing to take $50 million from Platacostillman.
之前帕斯科公司出五千万你们愿意点答应了
Just consider that the standard surcharge for dictators.
你就当这是向独裁者漫天要价吧
Let me take it to the president.
我去问问总统
You know, he's really a nice person,
你们要是真正了解他
once you get to know him.
会发现他是个大好人
Sings like an angel.
有天籁般的嗓音
Good job, Natalie.
干得好,娜塔莉
You can manage my money anytime.
你可以随时来帮我理财
And thank you.
也谢谢你们
For everything, really.
为我做的一切
This has been cool.
真是太棒了
Dad, really, you can stop worrying.
爸爸,真的别担心了
I'm not just saying that.
我没忽悠你
I'm not saying that to make you feel better.
我不是在说假话哄你开心
I think he's a good man.
我认为他是个好人
I think he would be the first to admit he has flaws,
他敢于承认自己的错误
but I wouldn't be here if I thought otherwise.
如果不是这样我不会来
So you think there's no connection then between the--
那么你认为一个人的公众表现与
a person's public persona and their private one?
私生活是完全的两码事,是吗
No, I definitely think there is.
不,我认为两者密不可分
I just think it's easy for people to judge,
我觉得人们都会评头论足
and I think it's harder for them to forgive.
却很难宽恕别人
So you have forgiven him?
也就是说你已经原谅他了?
I have.
没错
What is in the past is in the past.
成事不谏,既往不咎
And your children--
那你的孩子们
have they forgiven him?
他们原谅他了吗
My children love their father.
我的孩子们爱他们的父亲
They would do anything for him.
他们愿为他做任何事
And I think the hardest thing for Peter
我想对于彼得来说,看到自己
has been seeing how much he's hurt them.
伤了他们的心,他会倍感煎熬的
Believe me, he will do anything not to hurt them again.
相信我,他绝不会容许自己重蹈覆辙
And what about you, Alicia?
谈谈你自己吧,艾丽西娅
Do you have any designs on a political career?
你想过涉足政界吗
Is it really such a strange question?
我的问题很奇怪吗
You're smart, you're eloquent,
你机智善辩
well-known, well-liked--
家喻户晓,广受欢迎
My guess is, better liked than your husband.
你的人气没准比你丈夫还高
I doubt that.
那可不一定
I'm not built for it.
我无心插柳
I don't like getting up in front of people.
也无意在公众抛头露面
You could've fooled me.
差点就相信你了
Well, thank you.
谢谢
But I'm enjoying my job too much, and being a mother.
我热爱我的事业,也想当个好母亲
That's what I'm good at.
这才是我所擅长的
And don't you think we need more women in politics?
你不认为当今政界应有更多女性的身影吗
Wouldn't women make a bigger difference in politics?
女性难道不能使政界风生大为改观吗
I think men and women would...
我想男性与女性
What do you think?
你看如何
...Make just about the same difference in politics.
...在政治领域并无优劣之分
People do good and bad things based on who they are...
人们的一切作为只是基于他们的立场...
I think she's fantastic.
我觉得她很了不起
I think she just won him the election.
我觉得她已经帮助他当选了
Probably.
或许吧
You should tell her how fantastic she is.
你应该亲口告诉她,她有多了不起
She knows.
她知道
You should tell her.
你该亲口告诉她
People like to be told.
人们还是喜欢亲耳所到
You're in a weird mood.
你的口气有点怪啊
I am.
是啊
After an election year filled with scandals,
经过了这个充斥各种丑闻的选举年
the race for Cook County state's attorney is one we plan to follow,
库克郡州检察官的竞选即将落下帷幕
as precincts continue to report results.
各选区目前仍在不断汇报统计数据
While Peter Florrick has kept a slight but consistent lead...
彼得·福瑞克一直保持着微弱的领先优势...
Hey, it's the candidate's wife, everybody!
各位,这就是候选人的妻子
Mom, they love you.
妈妈,他们都爱死你了
It's election night.
今晚是选举之夜
Wait till tomorrow.
明天就不一定了
Nice one. Oh. Thank you.
干得不错,谢谢
Alicia Florrick had been out of the public eye
艾丽西娅·福瑞克在过去很长一段时间内
for much of this campaign--
都没有出现在公众的视线里
So local pundits believed this actually hurt Peter,
有当地专家认为,其妻子的拒绝露面
Not to have his wife--
曾切实伤害到彼得的
I'm sorry to interrupt, Kate,
凯特,不好意思打断一下
but we have one more township reporting in.
但我们有个选区的结果马上要切进来
Orland township goes to Peter Florrick.
彼得·福瑞克拿下了奥兰镇
You need to get him to start thinking about the next.
你要开始帮他考虑下一步了
Let him win this one first.
先把这个赢了再说
Come on, Eli.
拜托,伊莱
You rest tonight, we start tomorrow.
今晚好好放松,明天我们再开始
On?
开始什么
The U.S. Senate.
美国联邦参议员
Don't act surprised.
少假装吃惊了
It was the goal all along.
不是一直以这个为目标吗
And the democratic committee will stand behind him?
民主党委员会会一直支持他的吗
That's a good boy you got there, Eli.
这小子很行,伊莱
People like him.
人们喜欢他
They like his story.
他们喜欢他的故事
They especially like his wife.
他们尤其喜欢他老婆
The comeback is one thing,
复出只是一方面
but one year after being convicted,
但是在被判入狱后的一年
to get this-- whew!
又重回检察官办公室
And that's a testament to you, by the way.
而且,这也是对你能力的证明
So you'll support him officially?
那么你会公开支持他吗
Let him get his feet wet first.
让他先热身起来吧
You start lining up donors, and sure, we'll be there.
等你们开始邀集捐款人了,我们肯定会到
Alicia!
艾丽西娅
There you are.
找到你了
What an interview.
你的访谈太棒了
I've never seen Erica
艾瑞卡这么厉害的记者
eat out of someone's hand like that before.
你居然和她谈笑风生
Mr. Landau. Where's Peter?
朗度先生,彼得在哪儿
Oh, like the bride before the wedding, indisposed.
就像准新娘一样,闹小别扭呢
Good job, Alicia.
干得不错,艾丽西娅
Thank you.
谢谢
Grandma's drunk.
奶奶喝醉了
I think that's just her.
我看她很正常啊
Alicia, isn't it wonderful?
艾丽西娅,这太棒了,对吗
The kids.
孩子们
You're so special.
你们太特别了
Grace, look at you.
格蕾丝,看看你
Growing up.
长这么大了
You made me proud.
我为你骄傲
Your interview made me cry.
你的访谈把我看哭了
Now, I want you to have fun tonight.
今晚你就好好玩吧
I'll take care of the kids.
我来照顾孩子们
We've got rooms down the hall.
我们在门厅那边有房间
...Closely throughout the evening,
...今晚的选举统计即将接近尾声
as precincts continue to report results.
各选区目前仍在不断汇报统计结果
While Peter florrick has kept a slight but consistent lead...
彼得·福瑞克一直保持着微弱的领先优势...
As we continue to await results, we look back...
等待结果到来的同时,让我们回顾...
You came.
你来了
Just for a minute.
就待一下
Would you like a drink?
要喝一杯吗
Andre told me he talked to you.
安德烈告诉我他找你谈过了
I'm sorry.
太抱歉了
He can be pretty insensitive.
他有点疑神疑鬼
Come on in.
进来吧
The opposing lawyer in the case yesterday, Mr. Thomas--
昨天那桩案子的对方律师,汤普森先生
He hired me to be a full-time translator.
他雇我当全职翻译
That's great.
太棒了
Yeah.
是啊
It means being in D.C..
所以我要去华盛顿了
Oh, wow. That-that really is great.
那那真是太棒了
Yeah.
是啊
Now when you're in trouble, you can come to me for help.
以后要是你有麻烦了,可以来找我帮忙
If this were another time...
如果不是此时此地...
Yeah.
是啊
That the state's attorney's office
州检察长的位子对他来说
is merely just a stepping stone for his higher office...
不过是攀登更高位置的垫脚石...
Wait a minute, wait a minute.
等一下,等一下
I want to confirm this before we can report it.
在报道之前我们要先确认一下
Okay. WBBM can now project
好的,CBS芝加哥新闻台现在播报
that Peter Florrick is the next state's attorney...
彼得·福瑞克当选为下一任州检察官...
I couldn't get ahold of you.
我联系不上你
I've been trying your cell.
我一直打你电话来着
Yes.
是啊
I've been ignoring your calls.
我忽略了你的来电
It's not bad news.
这不算什么坏消息
I'm a bit busy here, Mr. Wiley.
我正忙着呢,怀利先生
Yeah, it looks like.
是啊,看出来了
I-I was feeling bad.
我感觉糟透了
I found out Blake's interviews were bogus--
我查出来布莱克的访谈是胡扯的
Just something he made up.
一些他胡编乱造的事
And you came here to tell me that?
你来就是为了说这个?
Yeah.
是啊
Why not?
为什么不是
Okay.
好吧
Thanks.
谢谢
It was a rumor your husband slept with,
是一个关于你丈夫与别人有染的谣言
one of his coworkers two years ago.
两年前和他的一个同事
The rumor didn't pan out.
这条谣言没能得逞
Why are you telling me this?
你干嘛找我说这些
I wanted you to know.
我想让你知道
I mean, it's always best to know the truth,
我是说,知道真相总是好的
No matter how much it hurts or helps.
不管这真相本身是好是坏
Do you believe that?
你觉得呢
Yes.
对
I checked out the woman's name--
我去查了那个女人的名字
the coworker he supposedly slept with.
那个传言中与他有染的女人
There was no one in the department with that name.
他们部门里并没有这个人
Leela.
利拉
But she doesn't exist.
但她并不存在
Unless you've heard of her.
除非你听说过她
Have you heard of her? Leela?
你听说过这人吗,利拉
You all right?
你还好吧
Let me introduce you to Cook County's
让我来为大家介绍
new State's Attorney, Peter Florrick!
库克县新任州检察长,彼得·福瑞克