手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第四季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第21集 妥协是所有建筑的基石

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Did you know him?

你认识他吗
No, I thought you did.
不认识,我还以为你认识呢
Have you noticed the older Mom gets,
你发现没,妈妈年纪越大
the younger her friends become?
她交的朋友反倒越年轻了
Where do you think she is anyway?
她在哪儿
My bet, she got us here a half hour early
我猜她故意让我们提早半小时到
so we wouldn't be a half hour late.
免得我们迟到半小时
I hate it when she does that.
我讨厌她这一招
You're missing the point.
你没搞明白
I love Peter. You don't love Peter.
我爱彼得,你不爱彼得
Stop saying that.
别这么说
He's changed, he's not the same. Oh, my God.
他变了,和以前不同了,我的天
You are one of those Oprah women.
你信奥普拉说的那一套
I'm gonna take you out back and give you a spanking.
我得拉你一把,把你扇醒
He slept with prostitutes-- that doesn't change.
他和妓女上过床,这是不争的事实
Why do you and Mom keep pushing me toward Will?
为什么你和妈妈一直把我推向威尔
The same reason you just brought him up-- hmm?
原因和你现在提起他一样
You're tempted.
你受到了诱惑
It's not a good thing.
这可不是什么好事
Your body is telling you something.
你的身体在给你传达某种讯息
Oh, my God, stop it.
我的天,别说了
Is that what you tell your students in advanced algebra?
你教高等代数的时候,就这么和学生说的吗
Statistical modeling.
是统计建模
Your body is telling you something?
"你的身体在给你传达某种讯息"?
Did you kiss him or did Will kiss you?
是你吻了威尔还是他吻了你
Both.
都有
Mm, I love it when that happens.
我真喜欢这情景
It was a mistake.
那是个错误
What happened last time with him?
你上次和他在一起时发生了什么
Why'd you break it off?
为什么就此打住了
It didn't seem like it was a long-term thing.
那种关系不像是能长久的
Okay, do you see how insane that is?
好吧,你不觉得这逻辑很蠢吗
You were worried it wasn't gonna be
你担心这段关系不能长久
a long-term thing so you cut it off before
所以你就自己喊停
it could be a long-term thing.
不让它长久发展下去
Uh-oh, there's Mom. Owen?
妈妈来了,欧文
Don't say a word.
一个字都不许提
There you are, you two.
你们俩在这儿啊
Hi, Mom. Hi.
你好,妈妈,你好
I've been looking for you everywhere. Mom.
我到处找你们呢,妈妈
Everybody's in there-- what are you doing in here?
大家都在那儿,你们在这儿做什么
We don't know anyone.
我们谁也不认识
Of course you don't-- that's why I have to introduce you.
那是当然,所以我才要介绍你们
So, how do you know him?
你和他有多熟
The deceased.
亡者
Oh, I don't-I never met him.
不认识,从没见过他
No, no, it's Charlene, the wife.
我认识的是他妻子夏琳
You know, she's Malcolm's niece.
她是马尔科姆的侄女
She's a sweet one and she's got a great haircut.
她人很好,她发型也超棒
Come on, you'll see.
跟我来你就知道了
She's got a great haircut.
她发型也超棒
Ms. Peterson, I'm so sorry for your loss.
彼得森女士,请节哀顺变
Thank you. And you're...?
谢谢,请问你是
Owen, Veronica's son.
欧文,维罗妮卡的儿子
He's the mathematician.
他是个数学家
This is the lawyer, Alicia.
这是我家那位律师,艾丽西娅
I'm so sorry, Ms. Peterson.
请节哀,彼得森女士
Thank you for coming.
谢谢你们前来
And thank you so much for offering to do this.
感谢你自告奋勇来帮忙
You're welcome.
不客气
We didn't know who to call.
我们不知道该找谁
Eugene, this is the lawyer.
尤金,这就是那位律师
Hi. Hello.
你好,你好
Will you excuse me? Eugene works there, too.
抱歉我得失陪了,尤金也在那儿工作
And... thank you so much again.
再次感谢
We're incredibly grateful for your help.
我们非常感激你来帮忙
What's this about, Mom?
这是怎么回事,妈妈
You're so generous with your time, Alicia.
你真是拨冗前来啊,艾丽西娅
Thank you so much, Mrs. Florrick.
非常感谢,福瑞克太太
It-it was just such a surprise to be given a 48-hour deadline.
48小时的最后期限实在太突然了
I'm... sorry.
不...好意思
Uh, what are we...?
我们这是...
Could you tell me what we're talking about?
你能告诉我这是怎么回事吗
Oh, uh, yes.
好的
We're coders working for Blowtorch,
我们为软件开发公司布罗拓切公司
the software developer.
写程序
Charlene, Frank, myself...
夏琳,弗兰克,还有我
Frank?
弗兰克?
The deceased?
亡者
I'm sorry, yes.
抱歉,是
We've had 18-hour shifts this week
这周我们18小时轮班
to get done some new software,
要搞定一个新软件
and Frank was driving home for Charlene's birthday
弗兰克当时正驾车回家,要为夏琳庆生
and he fell asleep at the wheel.
结果他驾驶途中睡着了
Oh, my God, I'm sorry.
我的天,很遗憾
Thank you. So that's why this contract rankles so much.
谢谢,所以这份合同才让我们如此为难
It doesn't protect us on overtime or number of hours,
它不保护超时工作
and it says we also can't file suit.
还说我们不能提起诉讼
I think they're worried about Charlene suing...
他们担心夏琳起诉
Should they sign it or not-- that's what they want to know.
该不该签这合同,他们想知道这个
Well...
这...
I can pull up some comparable contracts,
我能找到几份类似的合同
but I really shouldn't be advising...
但我不该给什么建议
Whatever you can do.
力所能及就行了
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
It's too bad nobody needs free math work.
可惜没人需要免费数学咨询
Okay.
好的
Let's try not to kill anyone in the transition.
过渡时期尽量别置人于死地
Looks like I have a meeting with a very severe-looking pollster.
看来我要和神情严峻的民调专家开会了
So I'm gonna thank you, gentlemen,
非常感谢,先生们
and say good-bye.
再见
Hey, Matt.
嗨,马特
Hello, sir. How are you?
你好,先生,最近好吗
Good, it's been a while.
挺好,好久不见
How was D.C.?
华盛顿那儿怎么样
Awful.
很糟糕
Uh, will you let me know when my wife is free.
我妻子有空的时候告诉我一声
Thank you. Sit, sit, sit.
谢谢,坐吧坐吧
I want to thank you for looking over our polling.
感谢你替我们分析这次的民调
You know, I get worried that, uh,
我开始担心
our internals are being overly optimistic about our numbers,
我们内部对这些数字太乐观了
and I just don't want to get caught with my pants down.
我可不想出事时毫无准备
You know what I mean?
你明白我的意思吗
I do know.
明白
Okay, well, that was...
好的,这真是...
that was a very freighted pause.
这停顿怪吓人的啊
Your internals are overly optimistic.
你内部人员过于乐观了
Our pollsters have us leading Kresteva by five points.
我们调查显示目前领先克里斯特瓦五个点
Do you think that's wrong? Yes.
你认为有误吗,对
Where do you think we're at?
那你认为我们现在处于什么状况
Down by two points.
落后两个点
I'm losing? Yes.
我落后了? 没错
Can somebody... anybody... get me Eli.
谁能...给我把伊莱叫过来
I believe Harbot Welch oversampled the African American
我相信哈伯特·韦尔奇对非裔和年轻群体
and youth vote.
过度采样了
The vote is in two weeks and I'm losing?
两周后就要投票了,我现在却还落后?
Yes, now if you could increase
不错,现在如果你能增加
Kresteva's negatives with women,
克里斯特瓦的女性反感值
you'd be very competitive.
还是很有竞争力的
I attack Kresteva my own negatives go up.
我如果攻击他,对我的反感也会增加
Yes.
But not your wife's.
但你妻子不会
I mean, you're not hurt
我的意思是如果你妻子
if your wife does the attacking for you.
替你出击,不会对你造成负面影响
No.
不行
It's the only way... I'm sorry.
这是唯一的办法,抱歉
I can't do that.
我不能那么做
Thank you. One, one minute.
谢谢,稍等一会儿
Eli, where are you?
伊莱,你在哪儿
In Alicia's office.
在艾丽西娅的办公室
Oh. Honey, I'm sorry.
亲爱的,不好意思
How are you?
你好吗
I'm good, how are you?
不错,你呢
Peter? Are you okay?
彼得,你还好吗
Yeah, no, I'm fine.
挺好,还行
Listen, would you have dinner with me tonight?
你今晚能和我吃个饭吗
Sure, why?
行啊,怎么了
Just a thank you for the Charlie Rose interview on Thursday.
感谢你接受周四查理·罗斯的采访
You don't have to thank me.
你用不着谢我
I know I don't have to thank you.
我知道用不着
I want to thank you, so...
我想谢谢你,所以
How about it?
这样吧
8:00 downtown in my campaign bus.
8点整,市中心,在我竞选车里
Okay, I'll see you then.
好的,到时候见
Hi.
I like that rug.
我喜欢你的地毯
My mom has one just like it.
我妈有块很相像的
Thank you.
谢谢
Nancy Crozier, what can I do for you?
南希·克罗泽,我能帮到你什么吗
Actually I'm here to do something for you.
其实是我来帮你的才对
We're offering a two percent increase to the top 20.
我们可以为顶尖20个人涨薪2%
But that's it.
但最多只能这样了
I...
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Mr. Jenlowe is within his rights to fire them.
詹娄先生有权开除他们
He doesn't want to, but he runs a business.
他不想那么做,但他是个生意人
We think two percent's very fair.
提高2%很不错了
Nancy, seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about.
南希,说真的,我不知道你在说什么
Blowtorch.
布罗拓切公司
We were told you were the lawyer consulting with the employees.
我们了解到你是员工们的咨询律师
We just want them to sign their contracts.
我们只是想要他们赶紧签合同
Good, I'll let them know.
好的,我会通知他们的
And delaying's not gonna work. We're in earnest.
拖延是没用的,我们是认真的
"Earnest." good, got it.
"认真"很好,了解了
I like you, Alicia.
我欣赏你,艾丽西娅
I don't want to see you make a mistake.
我不想看见你犯错
I'm not sure what mistake I might make,
我不清楚我可能会犯什么错
but I am glad you like me.
但是我很高兴你欣赏我
I don't like sarcasm.
我可不欣赏被讽刺
It's cheap.
讽刺是很廉价的
Okay, thank you, Nancy.
好的,谢谢你,南希
We will be in touch.
再联系
We don't do management labor. This is not a hard and fast rule.
我们不做劳资纠纷的案子,这没有严格规定
And if we did,
就算我们做
it wouldn't be this piddly-squeak coder stuff.
也不是做这个小打小闹的编码员案子
Excuse me, Alicia, this case you brought in,
走开一下,艾丽西娅,你接的这案子
this Blowtorch case?
这个布罗拓切公司的案子
We received a cease and desist order from Blowtorch.
我们从布罗拓切公司收到禁止令
Now, you don't have to tell us when you take
你现在是合伙人了
in a new client-- you're a partner now--
你接新客户不用告诉我们
but when it infringes on territory occupied by Chumhum...
但是当跟查查网有利益冲突时
Okay, look, I'm sorry this has become a thing.
我明白,我很抱歉现在小事化大
They are not my new clients.
他们并不是我的新客户
This is just a really simple favor for my mom.
我只是帮了我妈一个小忙
For Veronica?
帮维罗妮卡的忙吗
How's she doing?
她最近好吗
Uh... good.
挺好的
Good, tell her... "Hi" From me.
那就好,告诉她我向她问好
I will.
我会的
Uh, all I'm doing for these employees is
我只是帮这些员工找些相似的合同情况
finding comps for their contract. That's all.
仅此而已
They think you're the lawyer.
他们认为你是他们的律师了
I know, I know.
我现在知道了
I will get this off my desk fast.
我会很快解决这件事的
It's just management labor can be a bit tricky.
只是劳资纠纷可能会弄得很复杂
Don't worry. This will be fast.
不用担心,我会速战速决
But the galling thing is the maternity leave.
麻烦的是产假制度
There's none.
这合同里根本就没有
90% of these other contracts have at least one month maternity.
其它90%的合同都有至少一个月的产假
So suggest a month?
所以加上一个月的产假?
Suggest two and they'll reduce it to one.
要求写两个月,他们会减少成一个月的
At the state's attorney office, I negotiated down from three.
在州检办时,我把三个月减成一个月
Anything else?
还有别的吗
O.T. for any work week exceeding 60 hours.
加班费,只要每周超60工作时都算
And some kind of criteria for performance-based bonuses.
还要设定绩效奖金的标准
Great. Thanks, Cary. Sure.
很好,谢了,凯里,没问题
Lorna, can you get me these in triplicate?
洛娜,你能把这些复印三份吗
Do any of you get overtime
你们有人拿到加班费吗
if your work week exceeds 60 hours?
每周超过60小时的时候
Do you? No.
你有?没有
I just came from a meeting with Cary and Alicia
我刚参加了凯里和艾丽西娅的会议
and they were arguing it was unfair not to.
他们讨论说应该有加班费
As you can see from these other four contracts
请看这另外四份合同
from comparable work places with comparable salaries...
工作场所,薪水等级都是类似的
Charlene, you don't need to be here.
夏琳,你不必出席的
It's okay, I want to be.
没关系,我想要出席
Mrs. Peterson, we're very sorry for your loss.
彼得森夫人,请节哀
As you can see from these other four contracts,
你可以看到另外这四份合同中
we need criteria for just-cause termination.
我们需要合理裁员的标准
Yes, except none of those other contracts were for coders.
没错,但这些合同都不是针对编码员的
They cover contract workers, the same as Blowtorch's coders.
针对合同工,布罗拓切公司编码员也是合同工
Eugene? Charlene?
尤金,夏琳
Do you consider yourselves equivalent
你们认为你们是与这些职工一样的吗
to shop workers, pipe layers, and...
商店职员,铺管道的
janitorial service personnel?
还有做清洁服务的
Aren't you more like artists? Entrepreneurs?
你们不是更像艺术家,或是企业家么
Why don't we focus on contractual language?
我们还是侧重在合同语言上吧
These lawyers want to talk in dollars and cents.
这些律师只知道谈钱
But that's not what your work is about.
但你们工作不是为了钱
It's about... magic.
是为了,创造魔力
It's about genius.
为了施展天才
Then why don't you pay them like geniuses?
那你怎么不给他们天才的待遇
"Them"? Wh... Who exactly is "Them"?
"他们"谁是"他们"
20 Blowtorch employees.
20位布罗拓切公司职员
They've signed on.
他们都签字同意了
So again, if we could now turn to maternity leave,
所以继续,现在说到产假问题
you'll see it as the third...
可以看到第三部分
I'm sorry, I don't think we need to go any further.
抱歉,我们不用继续了
Um, these are letters of dismissal.
这些是免职信
Blowtorch thanks you for your many years of dedicated service.
布罗拓切公司感谢你们多年的辛勤工作
Wait. Excuse me.
等等,你说什么
And we wish you the best in future endeavors.
并对你们未来工作致以诚挚祝福
This is not the way to handle this.
你们不应该这么做
Yes, but it's the way we're choosing to handle it.
对,但是我们选择了这么做
Your desks have been cleared,
你们的办公桌已经被清空了
and your belongings have been messengered home.
你们的私人财物也已经送还住处
You are really amazing, you know that?
你太不可思议了,你知道吗
I do know that.
我知道
We're looking for artists, not employees.
我们是招募艺术家,不是普通员工
Okay, wait, wait, wait. I'll sign it.
好的,等等,我会签的
I'll sign the contract. Eugene, no.
我愿意签合同,尤金,不能签
I'm afraid it's too late.
恐怕来不及了
We're worried that your attitude
我们担心你的态度
will infect our other... artists.
会影响其他的,艺术家们
Thank you.
谢谢你
It's gonna cost us votes.
这会让我们失去选票的
Now, we talk about this all the time, let's just put it to bed.
我们总在讨论这些,赶紧解决它
Well, sounds like we're both having a bad day.
看来我们今天都过得不顺
Yeah. What's yours about?
是的,你今天怎么过得不好了
I just got 20 people fired. How about you?
我刚让20个人被炒了,你呢
They want me to go negative on Kresteva.
他们想让我贬低克里斯特瓦
Point out his sexism.
指出他性别歧视
Not when you're up by five points.
你领先5个点的时候这么做不好吧
Everything all right?
一切都还好吗
Yeah.
没事
How's your pizza?
披萨好吃吗
It's our first date pizza.
这是我们第一次约会吃的披萨
And wine out of the bottle.
还直接对瓶抽
Well, almost like our first date. Almost.
几乎和我们初次约会一样,是啊
What's that, Peter?
这是什么,彼得
That is a ring.
这是个戒指
But I already have one.
但是我已经有结婚戒指了
In two weeks, I'm gonna know whether I'm in office or not.
两周后,我就能知道选举结果了
Either way, I have a week off.
不管选没选上,我都有一周假期
I want you to come with me to Hawaii and renew our vows.
我想我们去夏威夷重续结婚誓词
Peter.
彼得
Just consider it.
你考虑一下
I don't know.
我不知道
Why?
为什么
Because things are good right now,
因为我们现在挺好的
but that doesn't mean they'll stay that way.
但这不说明我们会一直好下去
It doesn't mean they won't. No.
也不说明就会不好,不是的
They never do.
就没有一直好的事
Well, all I know is that...
我只知道
I love you.
我爱你
Say yes.
答应我吧
You're at-will employees.
你们是任意制雇员
The company can terminate you
公司能够用任何
for any nondiscriminatory reason.
非歧视性的理由解雇你们
Now, everyone, wait, wait. Listen, listen.
大家请等一等,先听,先听
There is a safe harbor here.
有一个安全港可以利用
You can't be fired if you say you were trying to form a union.
如果你们说你们要成立工会,就不能解雇你们
Working together in order to collectively bargain is considered PCA:
大家合作争取集体谈判被视作PCA
"Protected concerted activity""
就是"受保护的联合行动"
You want us to form a union?
你想让我们成立工会?
We're not teamsters.
我们不是卡车司机
No, we want you to keep from being fired by saying
不是,我们想让你们这么说
you were forming a union.
以防止你们被解雇
They can't fire you if you say that.
如果你们这样说,他们就不能解雇你们
Really?
真的吗
Y-Yes.
真的
We'll file a complaint with the NLRB,
我们会向国家劳资关系委员会投诉
asking them to enjoin Blowtorch from firing you.
要求他们禁止布罗拓切公司解雇你们
Then you just drag out the process of unionizing.
然后你们就拉长成立工会的程序
The whole point is to delay.
主要的目的就是拖
They'll eventually fire us.
他们早晚要开掉我们
No. Delay and you'll get leverage.
不一定,一拖你们就有筹码
It'll keep them from hiring replacement workers.
他们没法雇佣新员工来接替你们
I think it's a good idea.
我觉得这主意挺好
Shake the trees at OSHA,
去查查职业安全与健康管理局
EEOC
平等就业机会委员会
and EBSA.
和员工福利保障管理局
What am I looking for?
我该查些什么东西呢
Any complaints by Blowtorch employees alleging
布罗拓切公司员工发起的工作中不平等
an unfair or unsafe workplace.
或是不安全的投诉
It'll make it easier to argue that they were unionizing.
这样会更容易证明他们要成立工会
Organizing? Why should we do that?
成立组织,我们做这个干吗
Because we're underpaid and overworked.
因为我们工资低,加班多
And we'll be out of work if we rock the boat.
如果我们无风生浪就可能被开除
Margie? Hmm?
玛吉,嗯
I thought you were gonna get me lunch.
你不是说要去帮我买午饭
I-I'm on my way.
我...我这就去
The way is this way, not that way.
那你该往这边走,不是那边
Hello, everyone,
大家好
and thank you for joining us
感谢你们来参加
at the Chicago National Labor Relations Board.
国家劳资关系委员会设在芝加哥的法庭
I'm Administrative Law Judge Rodney Jesko.
我是行政法官罗德尼·杰斯科
"Rodney" is fine.
叫我罗德尼就好了
Or even "Rod""
罗德也行
Rod, Nancy Crozier for the respondent, Blowtorch.
罗德,我叫南希·克罗泽,代表被告布罗拓切公司
And I'm sorry, but I'm very new to NLRB,
不好意思,我对劳资法庭不是很熟悉
so if you could just let me know
你能不能在该我发言的时候
when it's my turn to say my piece?
提醒我一下
There's no need to apologize.
没有必要道歉
I'm a new judge here myself. Just promoted. Really?
我也是刚刚被提拔的新法官,真的吗
Happened a few years later than I thought it would,
比我预想的晚了几年
but, uh... that's politics.
但是...政治就是这样
Your Honor-I mean, Rod--
法官阁下,不好意思,罗德
we have affidavits from 18 recently dismissed employees
我们收集了18位最近被解雇的员工的证词
attesting to protected concerted activity under the NLRA.
证明他们采取了受劳资法庭保护的联合行动
Wow. 18?
哇,18位
Ms. Crozier? I'm sorry. "Nancy."
克罗泽女士?不好意思,叫我南希就行
I tend to just blurt things out when I'm amazed.
我吃惊的时候经常会忍不住
I do the same thing.
我也有这个毛病
My friends are always trying to stop me.
我的朋友们总得提醒我
Rod, we ask that you enjoin Blowtorch
罗德,我们请求你
from firing any employees until such time
在我们准备好关于工会的诉讼之前
as we can prepare a case for unionizing.
禁止布罗拓切公司解雇任何员工
Yes, but, Rod, each day
好的,但是罗德
that this labor dispute is dragged on
这起劳资纠纷每拖一天
is a day that my client gets closer to bankruptcy.
我的委托人就离破产更近一天
How is a handful of terminated employees
几个被开除的员工
trying to get their jobs back going
想方设法讨回工作的行动
to mean her client's financial ruin?
怎么会导致她委托人破产
Sorry, I thought these would be more polite proceedings.
不好意思,我以为法庭辩论会比较文明
Uh, yes. So let's please try to watch our tone.
是的,请注意说话的语气
Blowtorch's financial situation is very precarious
布罗拓切公司的财务状况很不稳定
with resources diverted to protracted litigation.
长时间的诉讼会消耗很多财力
All right, well, then I see no problem
好吧,既然如此,我觉得
with questioning these witnesses right now
可以马上开始询问证人
about their organizing efforts.
弄清他们组织工会的情况
Your Honor, we came here merely expecting
法官阁下,我们今天来出庭
to lay the groundwork for our defense.
仅打算为我方的辩护打下基础
Ah, but wasn't it Oliver Wendell Holmes who said,
但霍姆斯不是说过,(美国最高法院大法官)
"Speed is a thing that is...
速度是一个...
mightily... to be wished"?
大家强烈...希望的东西?
Can we question your first witness?
我们可以询问你方第一位证人吗
What am I supposed to say? I can't lie.
我该说些什么呢,我又不能说谎
We don't want you to lie.
我们不想让你说谎
We want you to tell the helpful truth.
你要说对我们有利的实话
Les Neukirk from the Department of Labor.
我是劳工部的莱斯·纽柯克
And you're looking for information
你们在查询关于
on Blowtorch Industries?
布罗拓切公司的信息?
Yes. Workplace complaints.
是的,工作方面的投诉
Why don't you ask the employees you're representing?
你们为什么不直接问你们代表的员工呢
Well, we don't represent all the employees.
我们并不代表所有的员工
Oh. Um...
哦,嗯
we have no outstanding complaints against Blowtorch.
目前没有针对布罗拓切公司的投诉
What about past complaints?
过去呢
Just one in the last 18 months, recently withdrawn.
过去18个月以来只有一起,刚刚撤诉
So, how long have you been at Lockhart/Gardner?
你在洛&加律所干了多久了
Me? Uh, a little over a month.
我吗,一个多月吧
Any workplace issues?
工作上有什么问题吗
No.
没有
Very happy, thank you.
我很喜欢这里,谢谢
Because some people contact me as a cover
因为有些人联系我只是为其他问题
for other issues: pay, benefits.
做掩护,比如工资,福利等等
No, good benefits, health care.
没有,福利,医疗保险都很好
Everything's good.
一切都好
And you?
你呢
Happy as a clam.
开心得不得了
Oh.
Well, thank you.
谢谢你
Sometimes firms grow so fast,
有的时候律所发展得太快
issues of wage and hour compliance get overlooked.
工资和工作时间方面的问题就被忽略了
No one has to know that you talked to me.
我会为我们的交谈保密
You get health care?
你有医保?
Excuse me.
打扰一下
Are you from the Department of Labor? Yes.
你是劳工部的吗,是啊
Do you need something?
你们需要帮忙吗
Just some advice.
帮我们出出主意
Do you have someplace we can talk?
找个地方我们谈谈吧
Frank's not even dead 24 hours,
弗兰克死去还不到24个小时
and we get hit with this contract.
他们就拿出了这份合同
People were outraged. It felt punitive.
员工们都十分愤怒,感觉公司在惩罚我们
And did you discuss collectively taking action
你们有没有商量采取集体行动
in response to these contract demands?
以应对合同要求
Sorry to interrupt, but objection.
不好意思打扰一下,我反对
Calls for legal conclusion.
引导证人下结论
Indeed it does. Sustained.
确实是这样,反对有效
Did you collectively voice outrage to your boss?
你们有没有集体向老板表达愤怒
At that stage, no.
在那个时候,还没有
But you did
但你们确实
discuss getting together to have your views known
商量准备一起向管理层
to someone in a supervisory capacity, right?
表达你们的看法,对吗
Not...
没...
I mean, in terms of...
我是说,就这方面讲...
See, we were fired before we could formulate a specific plan.
我们制定具体计划之前就被解雇了
But you had time to get in touch with me before
但你们有时间在被解雇之前
you were terminated, right?
跟我取得联系,对吗
Yes. We collectively got in touch with you
是的,我们在弗兰克·彼得森的葬礼上
at Frank Peterson's funeral.
一起联系到了你
And what exactly did we discuss?
我们当时讨论了什么问题
How we could engage in
我们如何能够采取
protected concerted activity to safeguard our rights.
受保护的联合行动以保障我们的权益
I'm sorry, but the witness is obviously
不好意思,证人很显然
regurgitating terminology he's been fed by counsel.
在复述律诗事先教会他的术语
I mean, objection.
我是说,我反对
Sustained.
反对有效
When we met at the funeral,
我们在葬礼上见面的时候
did we discuss potentially starting a union
我们有没有谈到以成立工会作为一种
to address your contract concerns?
潜在的方式来解决合同方面的问题
Potentially, yes.
作为一种潜在方式,是的
We discussed the potentiality.
我们讨论了这种潜在的可能性
Thank you. Nothing further.
谢谢,我问完了
Nancy, anything?
南希,你有问题吗
Yes. We have one rebuttal witness--
是的,我们有一位反驳证人
Charlene Peterson.
夏琳·彼得森
Thanks for doing this, Owen.
感谢你能来帮忙,欧文
I know we've never been very close.
我知道我们的关系一直不太亲密
Well, like I said,
我说过
statistical sampling isn't really my area of expertise.
统计抽样并不是我的专业领域
I'm just looking for an opinion from someone I'm not paying.
我只是想听听一个不是我下属的人的意见
The thing is it looks pretty good, but I can't,
看起来很不错,但我不能
I can't really tell.
我说不好
I have a speech in a few minutes.
我几分钟后有场演讲
Oh. I'll let you go then.
那我走了
No, no, no, go ahead, stay.
别别别,请继续,留下吧
Did you and Alicia talk?
你和艾丽西娅聊过吗
Did we talk? Yes.
我们聊过吗,是的
About me?
关于我吗
About, um, about personal things.
关于,一些私人的事
I've asked Alicia to recommit to our marriage.
我向艾丽西娅提出重续结婚誓言
I know you talk with her,
我知道你会和她交心
I know that you and I have had our differences.
我知道你和我存在分歧
But I'm-I'm really intent on showing you
但我真的很想向你证明
that I want to forget those differences.
我想摒弃前嫌
Peter... this isn't a campaign.
彼得,这不是在竞选
This is life.
这是生活
You think I'm campaigning?
你觉得我在用竞选那一套吗
Yeah, I read somewhere that
是的,我从哪里读到过
the surest way for a politician
政客获取选民支持的最有效方法
to get you to love him is to ask for something.
就是向其索取些什么
You'd think it'd be the opposite:
一般想法都是正好相反
to give you something.
以为付出是最好途径
But, no, voters count themselves so cheap,
但不是,选民们把自己看得太卑微
you just have to ask me a favor.
你要我的支持,只需开口求助
I asked you here because I want things
我请你来,是因为我想
to be better between us.
改进我们的关系
So I'd put in a good word for you with Alicia?
好让我在艾丽西娅面前替你说好话?
Yes.
是的
I'd better go.
我还是走吧
And, uh, you gotta get to that speech.
你也得去演讲了
She said if we wanted to keep our jobs,
她说我们要想保住工作
forming a union was the only way.
组织工会是唯一的办法
Mrs. Florrick said that?
福瑞克夫人这么说的吗
I'm going to object on the grounds of attorney-client privilege.
我反对,基于律师与委托人的保密特权
The client can waive that privilege.
委托人可以放弃这一特权
I am representing 19 of her coworkers.
我代表的还有她的19位同事
She's effectively waiving it on their behalf, too.
她实际上还在代表他们放弃权利
Mm, interesting quandary.
这个窘境有意思了
How to split that baby?
该怎么折中一下才能化解呢
By not.
不折中即可化解
I think I shall side with more inclusiveness.
我想我支持更大的包容性
You may answer the question, Ms. Peterson.
你可以回答这个问题,彼得森女士
Yes. Mrs. Florrick said that.
是的,福瑞克夫人是那么说的
And before Mrs. Florrick advised you to form a union,
在福瑞克夫人建议你们组织工会前
had you or any of your fellow coders
你或你的编码员同事们
expressed any interest in doing so?
考虑过要那么做吗
We did not.
没有
Lorna, can you get me the Department of Labor on the phone?
洛娜,可以帮我接通劳工部吗
Diane and Will asked for you.
戴安和威尔找你
They... Now? Yes.
他们...现在吗,是的
Could you close the door?
你能关上门吗
We have an insurrection on our hands, Alicia. Because of you.
我们被起义了,艾丽西娅,因为你
The assistants are asking for a raise.
助理们要求加薪
They're inspired by this case that isn't a case.
她们受到了这个不该存在的官司的启发
We thought you were giving it up.
我们以为你不管这案子了
Yes, the difficulty is
是的,但难处在于
the employer threatened to fire them,
雇主威胁要开除他们
so we felt obligated.
所以我们觉得有义务继续下去
You broke it, you own it?
破坏了就要管到底
Unfortunately. We're at the NLRB right now.
很遗憾,我们已经投诉到劳资委那里了
They're not gonna get another cent.
一分钱也不能给她们涨
These damned assistants.
这些该死的助理
They think we need them.
觉得我们没了她们不行
The assistants are asking
助理们要求我们
that we listen to their proposal.
听取她们的诉求
How many assistants?
有多少个助理
Eight. Why?
8个,为什么这么问
Well, they need a third to get a vote on unionizing.
要凑够1/3的助理才可以投票组织工会
That's not enough.
8个还不够
They know.
她们都清楚
You had a Department of Labor guy out who educated them.
你们找来的劳工部的人指导了她们
Well, then we need to talk to them.
那我们得和她们谈谈
We need to fire 'em before...
我们得开了她们
David, Alicia,
大卫,艾丽西娅
you meet with the assistants before they organize.
在助理们组织起工会前,去和她们谈谈
Hear their demands. And then what?
听听她们的要求,然后呢
Hear their demands.
就听听她们的要求
We don't have the money for across-the-board raises.
我们没钱给所有助理加薪
We do if we don't take increases this quarter.
这季度不增加利润就能省出钱来
We do if you don't take any salary this year.
你今年不拿工资就能省出钱来
The difficulty, Alicia, is
艾丽西娅,难处在于
we can't afford the precedent.
我们不能开这个先例
Nothing from the Department of Labor?
劳工部那边没打听到消息吗
No, no complaints.
没,没有投诉
Charlene really testified against you?
夏琳真的指证你们了吗
I think Blowtorch has her back in their ranks.
我觉得布罗拓切公司把她拉拢回去了
What do you think, a payoff?
什么意思,买通了她吗
Probably. We need some way to prove it though.
有可能,但我们需要想办法证明
I'll go talk to her coworkers.
我去找她的同事们谈谈
Cary, did you know that Robyn
凯里,你知道律所给罗宾
has health care?
上了医保吗
No, I didn't.
我不知道
Do you know how much she earns?
你知道她的工资有多少吗
Um... No, how much? I don't know.
不知道,多少,我不知道
Are you feeling jealous?
你嫉妒了吗
Do you want to know why the widow is testifying for Blowtorch?
你想知道那个寡妇为什么帮布罗拓切公司作证吗
Yes, I do.
是的,我想
Then ask Robyn 'cause she gets health care.
那就让罗宾查吧,因为她有医保
Kalinda. Yeah.
凯琳达,怎么了
The fourth years are starting our own firm.
我们几个四年律师在组建自己的律所
We're taking five top clients with us.
我们会带走前五大客户
Who? I'm not gonna say.
哪五个,我不会说的
I want you to come with us.
我希望你也加入我们
Sure.
当然
Exclusively.
只给我们干
No way. They don't value you here.
没戏,这里不重视你
We'll value you. You'll have your own office.
我们会重视你,你会有自己的办公室
I don't want my own office.
我不想要自己的办公室
You'll be paid more.
你会拿到更高的工资
Okay. Then you come up with an offer,
好吧,那你就给我开个数
and I'll listen. No.
然后我再考虑,不
You'll just use that to get up Lockhart/Gardner's offer.
你只会拿着去向洛克哈特&加德纳要高价
We need three months to get our ducks in order.
我们需要三个月来把事情筹备好
Okay, then come up with an offer
好,那等你把你的...事情筹备好
when you get your... ducks.
给我开个数
Oh, by the way, the man from the Department of Labor said
对了,劳工部那个人说
that somebody recently withdrew their complaint against Blowtorch.
近期有人撤回了对布罗拓切公司的投诉
I would look there.
应该往这个方向查
So you filed a complaint about the hazardous working conditions
你是否在你丈夫死后立即向劳工部投诉
at Blowtorch immediately following your husband's death? Yes.
布罗拓切公司的工作环境不安全,是的
But then you withdrew that complaint within 24 hours?
但你在24小时内又撤回了投诉?
Yes. Ms. Peterson, were you offered an inducement
是的,彼得森女士,为了让你撤回投诉
by the company to withdraw that complaint...
公司是不是给了你什么好处
Objection, Rod.
罗德,我反对
I'm sorry, but this young woman has just lost her husband,
抱歉,但这位年轻的女士刚刚丧夫
and this is clearly badgering.
这明显是在纠缠证人
Oh, I don't know.
我不确定
Doesn't really sound like badgering to me, Nancy.
我觉得听起来算不上纠缠,南希
You can answer the question.
你可以回答这个问题
They settled.
他们找我和解
I was going to sue, but they settled.
我本来要上诉,但他们与我和解了
Rod, we believe
罗德,我们认为
this proves our case. Does not.
这证明了我们的论断,并没有
Actually, Nancy, I'm afraid it does.
实际上,南希,恐怕的确证明了
I find that the coders at Blowtorch were attempting to engage
我认为布罗拓切公司的编码员在被开除前
in a protected, concerted activity prior to being fired.
的确是在尝试进行受保护的协同活动
I therefore order that they be reinstated.
因此我命令公司给他们复职
But they still need to vote to form a union
但他们仍然需要投票才能组建工会
in order to retain that protection.
有工会他们的行为才受到保护
Otherwise, Blowtorch has an absolute right to fire them.
否则布罗拓切公司有绝对的权利开除他们
Yes, that is absolutely true.
是的,你说得一点没错
Only if the union is not certified before the court-imposed deadline.
前提是工会没有在规定时限内组建起来
And that is absolutely true.
你说得也一点没错
Therefore we would ask for
那我们请求加快进程
an expedited deadline of 24 hours.
将时限定为24小时
What?! She can't ask for 24 yours.
什么,她不能要求24小时
Hold on, hold on, hold on. Compromise.
等等,等等,等等,都妥协一下
Compromise is the cornerstone of any...
妥协是所有...
well, of any building.
所有建筑的基石
So I have made a decision.
我做好决定了
The workers are going to get their injunction,
员工们申请的禁令可以被批准
and the company's going to get their 24-hour deadline.
公司要求的24小时时限也被批准
But, Rod, 24 hours... 24 hours is not...
但,罗德,24小时,24小时不...
Listen, Alicia,
听着,艾丽西娅
if your clients were really organizing,
如果你的委托人们真的有在组织工会
they should be ready
他们就应该准备好了
and able to get this vote together in 24 hours.
也能够在24小时内组织好选票
Jenny, I don't understand
珍妮,我不明白
how half this memo could be misspelled-
这份备忘怎么会有一半都拼错了
just run it through a spell-check.
用程序检查一下拼写
That's okay, Jenny.
暂时不用,珍妮
Hi.
你好
Come in.
进来
You taking over?
你要接我的班?
Couldn't do worse.
坏不到哪里去
You already got a five percent raise, Kalinda.
你的工资已经涨了5个点了,凯琳达
We're not talking about money again this year.
今年我们不是又要讨论钱的事吧
I'm being pursued.
我收到要约(亦表受到追捕)
My God, that's awful.
天哪,真糟糕
Did you talk to the police?
你报警了吗
And I'm considering taking the offer.
我在考虑接受要约
Yes, and every time you try this gambit,
没错,这招你每用一次
it's just a little less effective.
就减少一点威力
Who's pursuing you?
谁邀请你去
New firm. Which new firm.
新事务所,哪家新事务所
Robyn gets health care.
罗宾有医疗保险
Do you want health care?
你要医疗保险吗
Well, health care's equivalent to...
医疗保险相当于
$30,000 a year-- that puts her pretty close to my salary.
三万美元一年,那她的薪水跟我差不多
She told you her salary?
她告诉你她的薪水了
No. I can guess.
没有,我猜得到
She's been here five weeks, Will.
她才来了5个星期,威尔
I've been here five years.
我已经在这儿干了5年了
Kalinda, health care requires exclusivity,
凯琳达,医保要求专职
and you want your freedom. I want my value.
你要的是自由,我要我应得的价值
Why is everybody talking about money all of a sudden?
为什么突然大家都在谈钱
What happened to being a family?
难道我们不是个大家庭吗
Doing things because we're dedicated to each other.
我们做事不是因为我们为彼此奉献吗
Look, you consider being exclusive to us,
听着,如果你愿意只为我们工作
and I'll get you more money.
我就可以给你涨薪水
But otherwise, your freedom...
但如果你不愿意的话,你的自由
costs you.
是有代价的
Well, is that a yes?
这是表示同意吗
I'm gonna check with the other firm,
我还要跟那个事务所商量商量
see if they give me a better offer.
看看他们会不会给我更好的待遇
Yes, the imaginary firm.
是啊,某个假想出来的事务所
If the vote were right now,
如果现在投票
how many coders are in favor of unionizing?
有多少编码员同意成立工会
I mean, I think our 29 are pretty solid.
我觉得我们29个人会支持的
And anti-union?
反对的呢
Management probably has about the same number tied up.
管理层大概能找到差不多同样多的反对票
So it's 29-29.
那就是29比29
And the swing votes?
摇摆票呢
Uh, Linda Kennedy, Eric Needleman--
琳达·肯尼迪,埃里克·尼德曼
those could go either way.
他们两边都有可能
We need them both.
他们俩我们都要争取
What if we got one and they got one
如果双方各争取到一个
and it was 30-30...
成了30比30怎么办
You still lose. Tie goes to management.
那你们还是输,平局倾向于管理层
Well, it's up to you,
那就取决于你们了
all of you, really, to put pressure on these two.
你们所有人,真的,去给那两人施压
Make your case for unionizing.
讲讲你们成立工会的道理
I'm glad we're taking the time to do this today.
我很高兴我们今天抽出时间来做这件事
We are all on the same team here.
我们都是站在一边的
Do you realize that we get paid
你知不知道我们得到的薪水
ten percent less than staff at other Chicago firms of our size?
比芝加哥其他同等规模的事务所低十个点
No, I wasn't aware of that.
不,我不知道
But this isn't just about the money.
但这不仅仅是钱的问题
Hello.
你们好
Don't mind me. Carry on.
别理我,继续说
Um... you were saying
你刚才说
that there are nonfinancial issues as well?
还有些非财政的问题
Yes. It would be nice if we were able to
是的,如果我们可以
go see our kids in their school plays or basketball games
去看子女的学校演出或者篮球赛
without it affecting our performance evals.
而不影响我们的绩效评估,那该多好
Alicia, make a note.
艾丽西娅,记下来
Any parent whose kid's playing Jean Valjean gets the afternoon off.
扮演冉阿让的孩子的家长下午可以请假
Come on, that's not...
拜托,这根本不...
Okay, we are not discussing solutions today.
好吧,我们今天不是在讨论解决方法
This is just an introductory meeting
这只是一个介绍性的会议
to lay out everyone's concerns.
让大家把想法摊开来说
Yeah. Let me lay out my concerns.
是啊,让我把我的想法摊开来说
David, please...
大卫,请别这样
You lay out your top three concerns,
把你最关心的三件事说出来
and I'll lay out mine.
我就说我的
Okay. Number one, seven percent pay bump.
好,第一,工资涨七个点
That still puts us below the other big firms.
这样我们还是比其他大事务所低
And number two, we would like
第二,我们希望
to vest in a retirement plan in three years, not five.
工作三年就有养老保险,而不是五年
Never gonna happen. Well, can you at least hear us out?
绝对不可能,至少听我们把话说完
Why don't you go to another firm to hear you out?
你为什么不到另一家事务所去把话说完
Are you kidding? Did you just threaten to...
开什么玩笑,你刚刚是在威胁
To fire Margie? Yes, I did.
要开除玛吉吗,是的,没错
She's only been with me for 11 years.
她不过跟了我11年
You I barely recognize,
而你我几乎不认识
so if you want to go first, or anybody else,
所以如果你,或者任何人想第一个走
step right up.
就站起来
If you terminate Margie, we'll all go on strike.
如果你把玛吉开除,我们就一起罢工
You can't go on strike. You're not unionized.
你们没法罢工,你们没有成立工会
Then we'll vote to form a union.
那我们就投票成立工会
You can barely get my lunch order right-- how are you..
我的午餐你都买不对,你们怎么可能...
Okay, everybody please just calm down, calm down.
好了,所有人请冷静一下,冷静一下
18? Oh, my God,
18岁,天哪
they're gonna draft you any day now.
你现在随时都可能被拉去服兵役
How sad is that? You can get drafted at 18,
太可悲了,你18岁可以被拉去服兵役
but you can't drink till you're 21.
但是要到21岁才能喝酒
I can buy cigarettes.
我可以买烟
Oh, that's progress. And porn.
那倒是个进步,还有黄片
Oh, good, a healthy conversation.
好吧,多健康的对话
Mom really hasn't gotten a handle on this whole gift thing.
妈妈还没弄清该送什么礼物
Hello, Alicia.
你好,艾丽西娅
Mom seems happy.
妈妈看起来很高兴
Well, she likes your kids. For ten years I've been
她喜欢你的孩子们,十年了我一直
trying to get her to see them-- now all at once.
尝试让她见见他们,现在一起见了
Well, she doesn't like babies; they get on her nerves.
她不喜欢婴儿,婴儿让她心烦
How's Peter?
彼得怎么样了
He's good. Why?
挺好,为什么问这个
He... met with me.
他,约我见面了
What?
什么
What does that mean?
这是什么意思
Well, he... met with me about polling.
他,来找我商量民调的事
Peter called you up,
彼得打电话给你
to meet with you about polling?
要和你见面商量民调的事?
Yeah. He's worried he's not doing well,
是的,他担心他情况不妙
but he can't go negative on Kresteva's sexism
但是他如果用性别歧视攻击克里斯特瓦
without hurting himself with women.
会牵扯出他自己的女性关系
What?
怎么了
I'm not sure.
我不能肯定
I think I might be wrong about him.
我觉得我可能对他有误解
He's sweet... in his way.
他很贴心,以他的方式
Especially now-- he's very vulnerable.
特别是现在,他很脆弱
So, what are you two talking about?
你们俩在聊什么呢
Just these wonderful presents, Mother. Cock a doodle doo!
这些美妙的礼物,妈妈,公鸡喔喔啼
I think they're excellent for psychological role-playing.
我觉得这些用在心理角色扮演上会很不错
So, I'm gonna give Zach some wine.
我要给扎克喝点酒
Okay with you? No.
你觉得可以吗,不行
Oh, come on. I let you drink wine at 16.
拜托,你16岁的时候我就让你喝酒了
I know. You know, in Italy,
我知道,你知道,在意大利
where they give kids wine at any age,
你可以给任何年龄的小孩子喝酒
there's less public drunkenness than anywhere in the world.
那儿的公共场合酗酒发生率全世界最低
You just made that up, Mom.
你瞎说的吧,妈妈
No, I didn't. No, I didn't. Look it up.
没有,我没有,查查看
There's less public drunkenness in Muslim countries
在穆斯林国家公共场合酗酒的发生率更低
where alcohol is outlawed.
因为在那些国家喝酒是非法的
What's wrong, Alicia?
怎么了,艾丽西娅
Peter asked her to renew their vows.
彼得邀请她重续誓言
Can we please just have a conversation between the two of us
咱们每次私下谈话
without you sharing it with the whole world?
你都必须宣告全世界吗
What, I'm the whole world now?
什么,我成了全世界了
Peter just wants to tie you down.
彼得只是想套牢你
I know how he works.
我知道他的把戏
No, see, I-I think we've judged him too harshly.
不,我觉得我们对他的批判太严厉了
Oh. Since when? What happened?
从什么时候开始,发生了什么事
Don't look at me. I'm just doing the dishes.
别看我,我只不过在洗碗
I talked to him, and I think he's grown a lot.
我跟他谈过了,我觉得他成长了很多
Oh, you are so easily swayed.
你太容易动摇了
No, I just, I want my sister to be happy.
不是,我只是,我希望我姐姐幸福
And I don't want her to be happy?
难道我不希望她幸福吗
If you end up with Peter,
如果你跟彼得和好了
in two months he'll be back with the hookers.
不出两个月他就会回到妓女身边
All right, I'm sorry, do you want us to stop?
好吧,很抱歉,你希望我们闭嘴吗
No. No, this is why I invite you over.
不,不,请你们来就是想让你们说个够
Fine.
好吧
Peter talks to you; I'll talk to Peter.
彼得跟你聊过了,那我要跟彼得聊聊
Mom... you talk to Peter,
妈妈,如果你去找彼得
and I'll never let you see the kids again.
我就再也不让你见孩子了
This is my life.
这是我的人生
Understood?
懂吗
Good.
I'm not gonna talk to Peter.
我不找彼得谈就是了
Sabrina, has Eugene Kreskoff arrived?
萨布丽娜,尤金·克雷斯科夫到了吗
Sabrina?
萨布丽娜
Eugene said they worked the swing votes,
尤金说那两张摇摆票
Kennedy and Needleman,
肯尼迪和尼德曼
for most of yesterday, but so did management.
昨天几乎都在游说他们,但是公司也在游说他们
Does he have a sense of which way they're leaning?
能估到这两人怎么打算的吗
They're cautiously optimistic,
他们持谨慎的乐观态度
but they wanted to make another run at them this morning.
想今天上午再劝一番
We have a problem. What?
我们麻烦了,怎么了
Kennedy and Needleman, our swing votes--
肯尼迪和尼德曼,那两张摇摆票
Blowtorch just fired them.
布罗拓切公司刚炒了他们
They can't do that.
他们不能这样
Blowtorch knew Linda Kennedy and Eric Needleman
布罗拓切公司明知肯尼迪和尼德曼
were the swing votes the employees needed to unionize.
是员工们成立工会所需要的两张摇摆票
And that's why they were fired. No. They were fired for cause.
所以炒了他们,不,解雇他们有正当理由
Well, first of all...
首先
good morning, everyone.
各位早上好
Good morning, Rod.
早上好,罗德
The two employees that were terminated
我们解雇那两名员工
called in sick, but as these videos show,
打电话请了病假,但根据这些视频显示
they were not sick.
他们没有生病
These are Web chat videos showing Needleman and Kennedy
这些尼德曼和肯尼迪的网聊视频显示
discussing wanting to stay away from work.
他们在讨论想待在家里不去上班
Because they were sick of being intimidated for their votes!
因为他们讨厌总是被人恐吓投票
It doesn't matter the reason. This is blue flu.
原因不重要,这是请病假
They faked an illness to get out of having to go to work,
他们装病不上班
and the company is well within their rights to fire them.
公司完全有权解雇他们
Not if the company found out by spying on them.
但公司暗中监视他们就不行
Oh, she's right, Nancy-- you can't spy on your employees.
她说得对,南希,你不能暗中监视员工
Yes. And if they were monitoring their Facebook pages,
对,如果公司监控的是他们的微博页面
then that would be spying, but this was just routine monitoring.
那就属于暗中监视,但这只是日常的监控
Recording their private Web chat?
偷录私人网聊是日常监控?
Which were conducted on company laptops.
他们是用公司的笔记本电脑网聊的
Oh. These were company laptops.
原来是公司的笔记本电脑啊
That they had in their own homes,
他们是在自己家里进行网聊
where they had a legitimate expectation of privacy.
公民在家依法享有隐私权
I'm sorry... Rod, but I am feeling
抱歉,罗德,但我觉得
a little bit ganged up on here.
对方有点人多势众
Oh, I'm sorry, Nancy.
抱歉,南希
Uh, Alicia, Cary, could just one of you...
艾丽西娅,凯里,你们一对一
argue? Thank you.
辩论好吗,谢谢
The employee handbook is unambiguous, Rod.
员工手册上说得很清楚,罗德
Company-issued equipment is subject to monitoring at all times.
公司有权随时对其配发的设备进行监控
Yes. And if the company combed through
没错,但是如果公司细查
every e-mail and Web chat that it monitored,
其监控的每封邮件和每条聊天记录
they'd find other violations, too, but they haven't.
他们会发现别人也有违规行为,但公司没这么做
Because this is just pretext.
因为这只是借口
Blowtorch knew those two employees
布罗拓切公司明知这两名员工
were the swing votes in a union election.
是工会选举中的摇摆票
Which is why they stayed home.
这是他们待在家里不上班的原因
That is not why they were fired.
但不是他们被解雇的原因
Okay. Thank you. You've given me... a lot to digest.
好了,谢谢各位,信息量有点大
And again... I think what's best here
我重申,我认为最佳方案
is compromise.
是各退一步
Thank you.
谢谢各位
Rod?
罗德
Yes?
怎么
What's the compromise?
怎样各退一步
Oh. Uh, you get your election,
你可以进行工会选举
and the company can fire their employees for cause.
公司属于合法解雇两名员工
What do we do now?
我们现在怎么办
We have a little less than three hours before the vote.
我们还有不到三小时就要投票了
We need to pick someone off.
我们得剔掉一个人
Where are you going?
你去哪里
To pick someone off.
去剔掉一个人
Can I talk to you?
能跟你谈谈吗
Charlene, first let me start by
夏琳,首先请让我表明
saying I regret what happened between us in court.
对于在庭审时发生的事情感到很遗憾
You have suffered a terrible traged... Please just hear me out.
你经历了一场可怕的煎熬...请听我说完
I'm not changing my vote.
我不会改变投票
Do you realize how important this union could be?
你知道这个工会有多重要吗
Don't you dare play the "Your husband died for this" Card.
你别想拿"你丈夫因此而死"做理由
I know. I'm sorry.
我知道,抱歉
Could you... just let me in for a minute?
你能不能让我先进去
Okay.
好吧
Just give me a minute.
你先等会儿
Hello? Alicia, hi.
喂,艾丽西娅,你好
As Ms. Peterson's lawyer, I must ask you to desist.
作为彼得森女士的律师,我要求你立即停止
Close the door.
关门
If I agreed to exclusivity,
如果我愿意成为专属调查员
what would you offer me?
你给我什么待遇
I don't know.
我不知道
Can you beat that amount?
能高过这个数吗
Is that what you're being paid here?
这是你在这里的工资吗
Can you beat it?
能高过这个数吗
If not, there's no reason to talk.
不能的话就免谈
I might be able to. I'll have to talk to my partners.
也许能,我得跟其他合伙人商量下
Kalinda...
凯琳达
I'm not getting in a bidding war with Lockhart/Gardner.
我不想跟洛&加律所恶性竞争
Good to know.
我明白了
It was a client lunch scheduled
我本来计划在沙巴迪诺餐厅的老位置
for my usual table at Sabatino's,
跟客户吃个商务餐
but Margie forgot to make the reservation,
但是玛吉忘了订位
and I had to eat at a table by the kitchen.
害我得在厨房边上的桌子吃饭
Jenny's doing the same to me.
珍妮也这样对我
They're trying to show us how important they are.
他们想向我们展示自己的重要性
Are the clients getting wind yet? Not yet.
有客户注意到了吗,还没有
They will. The staff is rebelling.
迟早的事,助理们在起义
I'm sure if we just make one or two substantive concessions...
如果我们做出一两项实质性的让步的话...
You mean, surrender. They're not being unreasonable.
你是指投降,他们也不是无理取闹
Just because you came up short for the Blowtorch workers,
别以为你帮不了布罗拓切公司的员工
doesn't mean you can expiate your guilt here.
就可以在这里赎罪
Easy, David.
别这样,大卫
All right. They see us spending more on infrastructure,
好吧,他们看见我们在基础设施上增加开支
and they want more.
所以也想要加薪
The problem is precedent.
问题是不能开先例
We can't pay them all more at the same time.
我们不能同时给他们全部加薪
That's why we should fire the ringleaders.
所以要把带头的炒了
I'll cap Margie, you get rid of what's-her-name,
我先甩了玛吉,你把那个谁也炒了
and I guarantee the rest of them
我保证其他人
will think twice before they complain again.
再想挑事前就会先掂量下了
First of all, that sets us up for years of lawsuits.
首先,那会陷我们于好几年的诉讼
Then let 'em sue. You're management now.
让他们告去,你现在是管理层了
Start acting like it. Okay, wait.
有点管理层的样子吧,好了,先别吵
Will, we need to split them up, don't we?
威尔,我们不是得逐个击破吗
Let me think about it.
我先考虑一下
You rang? I did.
你找我吗,是的
Look, if I commit, what'll I get?
如果我同意的话,给我什么待遇
You'll be exclusive to Lockhart/Gardner?
你愿意做洛&加律所的专属调查员?
If I agree, what are you gonna give me?
如果我同意,你给我多少
What do you want?
你想要什么
More than that.
高过这个数
Is this from your imaginary new firm?
这个数来自你想象中的新律所吗
Yup. I need more, Will.
对,我要高过这个数,威尔
Well, unfortunately, we're in the midst of a rebellion,
很不巧,我们正忙于解决抗议事件
so any talk of salary increases will have to wait.
任何关于加薪的讨论都得延后
Who's rebelling?
谁在抗议
The assistants.
助理们
Why? Who were you thinking?
怎么了,你刚才想到谁了
So, when can you get back to me with an amount?
你什么时候能给我答复
Don't know.
说不准
Don't do anything stupid, Kalinda, like leaving us.
别做傻事,凯琳达,比如辞职之类
Look, I'm sure you'll be fine with Robyn and the support staff.
你肯定能跟罗宾以及助理们相处愉快
They're all family.
他们都是家人
Was it your intention, Ms. Peterson,
彼得森女士
after receiving the $4 million in company stock,
在收到400万美元的公司股票后
to continue working at Blowtorch as a coder?
继续在布罗拓切公司写代码是你自己的意愿吗
I'm sorry, Rod. Objection.
抱歉,罗德,反对
If Alicia is intending to use Ms. Peterson's recent absence
如果艾丽西娅想利用彼得森女士
during this time of grieving to argue
最近因服丧而缺勤
that she's no longer an employee...
来主张她不再是公司的员工...
I'm not arguing that at all.
我完全不是这个意思
Oh. Well, then, objection...
那么,反对...
uh, well, let's not say overruled.
我们不说驳回吧
Let's just say it's delayed.
就说暂缓好了
This is a copy of Blowtorch corporate bylaws.
这是布罗拓切公司公司规章制度的复印件
Could you please turn to page 63,
你能翻到63页
and read paragraph two-A, Roman numeral IV?
读一下第二段A节,第IV条吗
"Any employee or non-employee owning a minimum of five percent
"职员或非职员
"of the outstanding common shares of company stock
"拥有公司已发行股份5%以上
"shall be entitled to a voting seat on the board of directors"
"将获得董事会投票权"
And given that at the market's close today,
鉴于今天股市停盘
Blowtorch was worth a little less than $77 million...
布罗拓切公司市值接近7700万...
Well, I'm sure you can do the math.
我相信你数学不错的
I see. So, she's a director of the company?
明白了,她是公司董事了
Yes, Rod, which means
对,罗德,这意味着
she fits the NLRB definition of management,
她符合国家劳资管理委员会对管理者的定义
and therefore, cannot vote.
也就是说,她不能投票
Alicia, that's very clever.
艾丽西娅,非常聪明
Thank you, Rod. You're welcome.
谢谢,罗德,不客气
But she has not taken her seat on the board.
但她没有加入董事会
No, but the day she took the stock,
对,但她拿到股票的那天起
she was no longer qualified as an employee
就不再是
who could vote in a union election.
可以对工会决定投票的职员了
Well, I don't know if that's true.
我不知道那是不是真的
But it sounds true.
但听起来是
Rod, may I suggest a compromise?
罗德,我能提个折中方案吗
No, that's okay. I already have one.
没关系,我已经有了
Ms. Peterson is no longer eligible to vote,
彼得森女士不再有权投票
and the election is to go forward without her.
投票排除她后继续进行
Kresteva is currently ahead of your husband with female voters.
克里斯特瓦在女性投票数上领先你丈夫
Do you think they see in Peter
你觉得她们是在彼得身上
something they do not trust?
看到了让她们不信任的东西吗
I think it's because the press has been more interested in Peter's
我觉得是因为媒体一直更关注
past failings as a family man, for which he has long since atoned,
彼得过去的失足,虽然他早已改正
than they are in Mike Kresteva's present ones.
却不关心克里斯特瓦现在对家庭的过错
Kresteva's present ones?
克里斯特瓦现在的过错?
That's an interesting idea.
这是个有趣的观点
I mean, what is it you mean specifically?
你具体是指什么呢
Running a political campaign is not a one-man show.
参加竞选不是一个人的事
For every candidate out there giving speeches and kissing babies,
当竞选人在外面演讲,亲吻他人的孩子时
there's a spouse who's doing everything else.
他/她的配偶承担着其他一切
If everything is perfect,
即使一切都完美
it is still tremendously hard on that spouse.
对那个配偶来说,仍然是非常大的压力
And if it's not...
如果不是...
If it's not, what?
如果不完美,则...?
Do you want to draw a comparison between
你愿意对比一下
Mike Kresteva and your husband?
迈克·克里斯特瓦和你丈夫吗
Mike Kresteva is struggling with alcoholism.
迈克·克里斯特瓦酗酒
It is a serious disease...
那是很严重的疾病...
Did you talk to her? No, this is her.
你找过她?没,是她自己去的
...and one that he'll need tremendous support to battle.
需要很多的支持才能战胜
But instead of prioritizing his family
但他没有把家庭放在首位
and dealing with those issues,
处理这些问题
Mr. Kresteva has chosen
而是选择了
to throw himself into a political campaign.
投入一场政治竞选
If voters are asking themselves
如果投票者问问自己
which candidate is more, truly more committed,
哪位候选人对女性和家庭
to women and families,
真正更加诚恳
it's my husband, Peter Florrick.
那是我丈夫,彼得·福瑞克
I know it now, and I've always known it.
我现在知道,我一直知道
Hard to believe she can say that with a straight face, isn't it?
很难相信她能绷着脸说那些,对吗
Ms. Loy.
洛伊女士
Please, call me Veronica.
请叫我维罗妮卡
Um, okay.
好的
Are you here to see David Lee, or...?
你是来见大卫·李,还是...
No, I-I just saw him, thank you.
不,我见过他了,谢谢
Actually, I was looking for you.
其实我在找你
Is there something I can help you with... Veronica?
有事需要我帮忙吗,维罗妮卡
Yes, as a matter of fact, there is.
对,确实有
Do you love my daughter?
你爱我女儿吗
I'm sorry? Because if you do,
什么,如果你爱她
it's time to stop being polite about it.
是时候丢下你的礼貌了
You have a window, but it's closing.
你本有扇窗,现在它要关上了
That schmuck of a husband of hers wants to renew their vows.
她那个蠢货丈夫想重续誓言
And I know my daughter.
我了解我女儿
If she does that,
如果她重续了
you're never gonna pry her away from him.
你就永远无法从他身边夺走她了
So you got to move now.
所以你要立刻行动
It's very nice to see you again, Ms. Loy.
很高兴再次见到你,洛伊女士
The vote is 29-28.
投票结果,29比28
In favor of, um...?
多数赞成...
Oh. Favor of unionizing.
赞成成立工会
Thank you both, so much.
谢谢你们,非常感谢
Congratulations.
恭喜
All right. All right, everyone. Settle down there, have a seat.
好了好了,冷静冷静,请就坐
With this election certified,
这次投票确定了
this union becomes the authorized bargaining unit
工会成为有权为布罗拓切公司编码员
for member coders at Blowtorch.
进行谈判的组织
Let the contract negotiations begin.
你们可以开始合同谈判了
I'm sorry, Rod. I don't think that Blowtorch
抱歉,罗德,布罗拓切公司
will be able to participate in those negotiations.
将无法参与这些谈判
You see, the company's been sold.
公司被卖掉了
Oh, my goodness. Really? Sold to whom?
天呐,真的吗,卖给谁了
I think you know the buyer, actually. Chumhum?
其实你们认识买家,查查网
They really wanted Blowtorch for the intellectual property
他们真的想要的是布罗拓切的知识产权
and not the employees,
而非员工
so, it's a good thing they got it so cheap.
所以...他们能如此低价购买实在是件好事
Did you encourage all the union talk at Blowtorch
你们鼓励布罗拓切员工组织工会
in order to drive the price of the company down? What?
是为了压低公司售价吗,什么
You brought the case to us.
是你把案子带来的
Yes. But after I brought it,
对,但我带案子来之后
did you drive the price of the company down for Chumhum?
你们帮查查网压低公司价格了吗
No.
没有
So, it's just a coincidence that Chumhum bought it?
所以查查网买下它只是巧合了?
I don't know what it is, but we didn't do anything wrong.
我不知道,但我们没做错事
Business just does what business does, Alicia.
在商言商,艾丽西娅
And we're w running late for a partners' meeting.
我们合伙人会议要迟到了
Good!
很好
Ah, the executive committee has arrived.
管理委员会到了
How is it going?
情况如何
I've presented our plan to the partnership,
我跟合伙人说了我们的计划
and I think we've come to a consensus
我们已经达成一致
on how to handle the clerical rebellion of 2013.
该处理2013助理反叛事件了
Uh, before anyone gets fired,
在有人被开除之前
I'd appreciate at least being able
我希望至少
to speak on behalf of the assistants?
为助理们说句话
It's okay. We had another idea on how to handle this.
没事的,我们有了新主意
In addition to their responsibilities supporting you and David,
除了协助你和大卫的任务
Lorna and Margie have both been appointed staff coordinators.
洛娜和玛吉被任命为员工协调员
And while I'm sure we're both
虽然我知道
gonna miss their very friendly faces around the firm,
我们都希望在律所看见她们的亲切面孔
we're allowing them to telecommute three days a week.
我们将允许她们每周三天在家上班
You asked us to listen, so we listened.
你要求我们倾听,我们倾听了
And this is what they really wanted.
这是她们真想要的
And the other employees?
那其他雇员呢
We'll get to them in time. Baby steps.
我们慢慢照顾她们,一步一步来
You bought off the ringleaders.
你们收买了首要分子
We handled the problem
我们解决问题的方式
in a way that protected us and satisfied them.
既保护了自己,也让她们满意
It's what management does.
这就是管理者该做的
So, onto the next order of business.
那么进入下一议程
This case based on a lead provided by...
这个案子基于...
So far it's not bad...
目前都还不错
Don't come on this bus unless you have good news for me.
除非你有好消息,不要进来
I have good news.
我有好消息
I did some polling after the interview.
在采访后我做了民调
The way that you feel...
你体验到的...
Suburban, exurban...
郊区,远郊区
Across the board. Kresteva's lead just got erased.
全面提升,克里斯特瓦的优势被追平了
It's a dead heat.
目前不分胜负
It was your interview with Charlie Rose that did this.
都归功于你在查理·罗斯的采访上说的话
You promise me
你保证
that you will never put me through the same thing again.
永远不再让我承受那样的事
Alicia... I promise.
艾丽西娅...我保证
Then, yes, I would love to renew our vows.
那好,我愿意重续誓言
Let's do it then.
我们行动吧

重点单词   查看全部解释    
compliance [kəm'plaiəns]

想一想再看

n. 顺从,遵从,灵活

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
acting ['æktiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出

 
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
quandary ['kwɔndəri]

想一想再看

n. 困惑,迷惑,为难

联想记忆
objection [əb'dʒekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反对,异议

联想记忆
merely ['miəli]

想一想再看

adv. 仅仅,只不过

 
withdrawn [wið'drɔ:n]

想一想再看

adj. 偏僻的,离群的,孤独的,内向的 动词withd

联想记忆
definition [.defi'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定义,阐释,清晰度

联想记忆
grateful ['greitfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 感激的,感谢的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。