"The Second Afghan War brought honours and promotion to many
第二次阿富汗大战令很多人载誉而归加官进爵
"But for me it meant nothing but misfortune and disaster"
但对我而言这无疑是一场彻头彻尾的灾难
All right, Captain
好了上尉
"I returned to England with my health irretrievably ruined
我重返英国身体落下了终身的伤痛
"and my future bleak
前途一片黯淡
"Under such circumstances I naturally gravitated to London
鉴于此我自然搬来了伦敦
"That great cesspool into which all the loungers"
这是众多游手好闲者
Watson! "and idlers of the empire are drained"
华生 闲散人士的游走之所
Watson!
华生
Stamford
我是史丹佛
Remember?
还记得我吗
We were at Barts together
我们以前一起在巴茨医院共事
Yes, of course, Stamford
当然记得 史丹佛
Good Lord! Where have you been?
老天爷 你这是跑哪混去了
You're as thin as a rake!
搞得骨瘦如柴的