I never enjoy them. Why not?
我一直都不喜欢 为什么
Well, I never say anything, do I?
我从来连句台词都没有
According to you, I just show people up the stairs and serve you breakfasts
据你所写 我就只负责带人上楼 给你们做早餐而已
Well, within the narrative, that is, broadly speaking, your function
在故事当中 这大致上就是你的职能
My what?!
我的什么
Don't feel singled out, Mrs. Hudson
别觉得受了针对 赫德森太太
I'm hardly in the dog one. "The dog one?"
写狗的那篇我都没太露脸 写狗的那篇?
I'm your landlady not a plot device
我是你们的房东而不是情节设置
Do you mean The Hound Of The Baskervilles?
你是指《巴斯克维尔的猎犬》吗
And you make the rooms so drab and dingy
而且你把房子搞得那么沉闷昏暗
Oh, blame it on the illustrator, he's out of control!
这你得怪插画家 他简直胡来
I've had to grow this moustache just so people will recognise me
我还得留着八字胡 好让大家能认出我来
"Over the many years it has been my privilege to record
这些年来我很荣幸能够记录
"the exploits of my remarkable friend Mr Sherlock Holmes
我非凡的朋友夏洛克·福尔摩斯先生的功绩
"It has sometimes been difficult to choose which of his many cases
在其众多的案件中择一呈现给读者
"to set before my readers
有时并非易事
"Some are still too sensitive to recount
有些过于敏感不便详述
"whilst others are too recent in the minds of the public
而有些则尚未淡出公众脑海
"But in all our many adventures together
但在我们共同经历的众多冒险中
no case pushed my friend
还没有哪件案子
to such mental and physical extremes
挑战了我朋友的心理及生理极限
"as that of The Abominable Bride!"
像《恐怖新娘》那样