A BACKWARD LOOK
向后看
Just think of the long journey you have taken!
想想你们走过的漫长旅程吧!
In only a few days you have visited five different countries.
在短短几天内,你访问了五个不同的国家。
Can you name them?
你能说出这些国家的名字吗?
Perhaps you can find each of these countries on your geography maps or on the wall map in your room.
也许你可以在地图或房间的挂图上找到这些国家。
Which of the countries are close together?
这些国家中,哪几个靠得很近?
Did you meet any boys and girls on your travels that were like boys and girls you know at home?
你在旅行中遇到过有人和你在家乡认识的男孩女孩长的很像吗?
It would be fun to choose the country you would most like to visit,
选择你最想去的国家,
and collect pictures of that country for a scrapbook or for the bulletin board.
收集那个国家的照片,贴在剪贴簿或公告板将会是很有趣的一件事。
Was there one of these stories that you liked best?
有没有你最喜欢的故事?
Which one was it, and why?
哪一个,为什么?
Have you ever read any other stories of far-away lands?
你读过其他遥远国度的故事吗?
Your classmates and your teacher would be glad to know of stories you have read and liked.
你的同学和老师知道你读过并喜欢的故事会很高兴。
There are many people who like to read travel books better than any other kind.
旅游书籍是很多人的最爱
If you go to the library, you will find hundreds of books about far- away lands.
如果你去图书馆,你会找到数百本关于遥远国度的书籍。
Almost every nook and corner of the earth from the North Pole to the South Pole,
地球上几乎每一个角落,从北极到南极,
and from East to West, has been written about.
从东方到西方,都有人写过。
People have always liked to travel, and when they cannot travel,
人们总是喜欢旅行,当他们无法旅行时,
they read books about the lands they would like to visit.
他们会阅读自己想去地方的书。