Nephew. Keep it? But you don't keep it!
侄子:保留它?但你不留住它啊!
Scrooge. Let me leave it alone then. What good has Christmas ever done you?
斯克鲁奇:那就让我一个人呆着吧。圣诞节对你有什么好处?
Nephew. Christmas is a kind time, a time to think of those who need help. It is a time when people smile and say cheery words.
侄子:圣诞节是个美好的时刻,让人们想起那些需要帮助的人。一到圣诞节,人们就微笑着互敬愉快的话语。
I believe that Christmas has done me good and will do me good, and I say, "God bless it!"
我相信圣诞节对我有好处,也会给我带来好处,我要说:“上帝保佑它!”
Scrooge. Bah! Humbug!
斯克鲁奇:呸!都是骗人的!
Nephew. It is a time when you might help Bob Cratchit. He needs help. Tiny Tim, his little lame son, needs help.
侄子:你在圣诞节可以帮助鲍勃·克拉特基特。他需要帮助,他那瘸脚的儿子小提姆需要帮助。
Scrooge. Why did you come here? Let Bob Cratchit help himself! I am rich, but who made me rich? Did Christmas?
斯克鲁奇:你干嘛来这里?让鲍勃·克拉特基特自己救自己吧!我很富有,但是谁让我富有的呢?是圣诞节吗?
Nephew. Don't be angry, uncle! Come! Have dinner with us tomorrow. You must be lonely.
侄子:别生气,叔叔!来吧!明天和我们一起吃晚饭,你一定很孤单。
Scrooge. I never give dinners to anyone, and I never take them with anyone. A foolish custom!
斯克鲁奇:我从不给任何人提供晚餐,也从和任何人一起吃。这真是愚蠢的习俗!
If you have nothing better to say, good night!
如果你没什么好说的,那就晚安吧!
Nephew. [Going to his uncle and offering him his hand.] Let us be friends.
侄子:[走向他叔叔,向他伸出手。]让我们做朋友吧。
Scrooge. [Angrily turning away.] Good night!
斯克鲁奇:[愤怒地转身走开了。]晚安!
Nephew. I am sorry to find you so cross, but I will not quarrel with you. It is Christmas Eve, and Christmas should make us cheerful and happy. So, a Merry Christmas, uncle!
侄子:你这么生气,我感到很抱歉。但我不会和你争吵。今天是平安夜,圣诞节应该让我们开心快乐。叔叔,祝你圣诞快乐!
Scrooge. [Still more angrily.] Good night!
斯克鲁奇:[更愤怒地说。]晚安!
Nephew. And a Happy New Year!
侄子:新年快乐!
Scrooge. [Standing up, waving spoon toward the door and almost shouting.] GOOD NIGHT!
斯克鲁奇:[站起来,向门口挥动着勺子,几乎是在喊。]晚安!
[Scrooge's nephew goes out. Scrooge sits by the fire, scraping the bowl and scowling. Suddenly, bells begin to ring gayly.
[斯克鲁奇的侄子出去了,斯克鲁奇坐在火炉旁,皱着眉头刮着手中的碗。突然,铃声欢快地响起来。
The door opens, and the Christmas Fairy, young and beautiful, comes in. A bright star shines on her forehead, and she holds a wand of holly.]
门开了,年轻漂亮的圣诞仙女走进屋。一颗明亮的星星在她的额头上闪亮,她手里拿着一根冬青枝。]