LESSON 117 THUNDERSTORM ON THE ALPS
第一百一十七课 阿尔卑斯山的暴风雨
Clear, placid Leman! thy contrasted lake, with the wild world I dwell in, is a thing which warns me, with its stillness,
清澈,温和的爱人!与你恰成对照的湖水,我寓居的这个疯狂的世界,正用它的平静向我发出警告,
to forsake earth's troubled waters for a purer spring.
为了更纯净的清泉而放弃大地污浊的水。
This quiet sail is as a noiseless wing to waft me from distraction;
这次一帆风顺的航行就像无声的羽翼送来让我忘情的微风;
once I loved torn ocean's roar, but thy soft murmuring sounds sweet,
曾经我喜欢为大海的咆哮神伤,但你那温柔的低语听起来那么甜美,
as if a sister's voice reproved, that I with stern delights should e'er have been so moved.
仿佛姐妹的责难声,这样的欢乐怎能不把我打动。
All heaven and earth are still—though not in sleep, but breathless, as we grow when feeling most;
天地一片寂静——尽管没有睡着,但屏住呼吸,当觉得极度静谧时我们在渐渐变老;
And silent, as we stand in thoughts too deep — all heaven and earth are still:
平静,我们莅临思想的渊薮——天地一切都是那么寂静:
from the high host of stars, to the lulled lake and mountain coast, all is concentered in a life intense,
从悬于天际的群星到睡着般的湖水和高山上的雪坡,所有这一切都汇集成一种生活的热情,
where not a beam, nor air, nor leaf is lost, but hath a part of being, and a sense Of that which is of all creator and defense.
在没有光和空气的地方,树叶也凋谢了,但是有生命的存在,万能的造物主和保护自己的理智。
The sky is changed! and such a change! O night, and storm, and darkness, ye are wondrous strong,
天空风云突变!这是一种怎样的改变!啊,夜晚,暴风雨,还有黑暗,你们非常强大,
yet lovely in your strength, as is the light of a dark eye in woman!
然而在你们的力量有令人愉快的东西,就像女人的黑眸中的光彩!
Far along, from peak to peak, the rattling crags among, leaps the live thunder!
远远的,从峰顶到峰顶,在发出响声的峭壁之间,跳动着燃烧的雷电!
Not from one lone cloud, but every mountain now hath found a tongue,
不是仅仅一声,每座山都发出一种声音,
and Jura answers, through her misty shroud, back to the joyous Alps, who call to her aloud!
汝拉山透过她那云雾笼罩的遮蔽物,大声回答召唤她的阿尔卑斯山!