The Girl and the Pot of Milk
女孩和牛奶罐
This story is by the Greek writer Aesop. This story teaches us how to live.
这个故事是希腊作家伊索写的。这个故事教会我们如何生活。
Two girls get milk from their cow. The girls put the milk in a pot. They walk home.
两个女孩从她们的奶牛那里得到牛奶。女孩们把牛奶放进罐子里。她们走回家。
As they walk, the girls talk. The older girl says, "We can make butter with this milk."
她们边走边聊天。姐姐说:“我们可以用这些牛奶做黄油。”
"We can sell the butter and buy eggs. In time the eggs will hatch. Then we will have lots of chickens!"
“我们可以卖掉黄油买鸡蛋。鸡蛋会孵化的。然后我们会有很多鸡!”
"We can sell some chickens. Then we can buy new clothes. We will look good in our new clothes."
“我们可以卖掉一些鸡。然后我们可以买新衣服。穿上新衣服我们会很漂亮。”
The girls are not looking. The older girl falls. There is no more milk in the pot.
女孩们没有看路。姐姐摔倒了。罐子里没有牛奶了。
Their mother asks, "What is this?" The girls are sad.
她们的母亲问:“这是什么?”女孩们很伤心。
"We can't sell our chickens," says the older sister.
“我们卖不掉鸡了,”姐姐说。
"What chickens?" asks their mother.
“什么鸡?”她们的母亲问。
"The chickens come from our eggs," says the younger sister.
“鸡是从我们的鸡蛋里出来的,”妹妹说。
"What eggs?" asks their mother.
“什么鸡蛋?”她们的母亲问。
"The eggs we will get from the butter," says the younger sister.
“鸡蛋是我们用黄油做的,”妹妹说。
"We will make butter from this milk," says the older sister.
“我们要用这些牛奶做黄油,”姐姐说。
Their mother says, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."
她们的妈妈说:“别想太多。”