The tool you and I would call was daydreaming, but he gets it called thought experiment because he is Einstein.
你和我管它叫白日梦,但是他就是称它为思想实验,因为他是爱因斯坦。
In his office, the patent office, looking out of window and he imagined a man working on a roof.
在他专利局的办公室里,他从窗口望去,他想象着在屋顶工作的一个人。
And he begins to wonder what would happen if one of those men would fall off the roof.
他开始想像如果其中一个男人会从屋顶上跌下来的情境。
And then he had the happiest thought of his life, the inspiration of the ages.
然后他有了的人生中最快乐的思想, 年龄的灵感。
He had a vision the man would not actually be feeling his own weight.
他曾经想那人不会感到自己的体重。
He will be weightless. And then he imagined if you are in an elevator and somebody cuts the cord.
他将是无重的。然后他想象如果是在电梯里,有人剪断绳索的情境。
What happens to you?
你会发生什么?
You fall but the elevator falls at the same rate you do, so you are weightless inside the elevator. So then Einstein got it.
你在下坠但电梯和你的速率是相同的,所以你处于失重而爱因斯坦有了结论。
It's though the gravity has been switched off. What's really going on?
虽然引力已经关闭。这究竟是怎么一回事?
The reason is no such a thing as gravitational pull.
原因是没有所谓的引力。
The earth has curved the space around me and space is pushing me into this chair. Space itself can be curved.
在我身边的是地球弯曲的空间,空间推动我到这把椅子上。空间本身是可以弯曲的。
注:听力文本来源于普特