“Why are you crying?” asked Aladdin. “Did you know my father?”
“你为什么哭?”阿拉丁问道,“你认识我父亲吗?”
The old man looked up. “Mustafa was my brother!” he said.
老头儿抬起头来。“穆斯塔法是我的兄弟!”他说,
I wanted to see him again, and now you tell me he is dead.
我想见到他,却得知他已经死了。
Oh this is not a happy day for me!
哦,对我来说这是多么悲惨的一天啊!
Then he put his hand on Aladdin's arm.
他把手搭在阿拉丁的肩上。
But here is me brother's son, and I can see Mustafa in your face, my boy.
但我兄弟的儿子在这里,我可以从你的脸上看到穆斯塔法的影子,我的孩子。
Aladdin, I am your uncle, Abanazar.
阿拉丁,我是你的叔叔阿巴那扎尔啊。
“My uncle?” said Aladdin. He was very surprised.
“我的叔叔?”阿拉丁很惊讶,
“Did my father have a brother? I didn't know that.”
“我父亲有个兄弟么?可我并不知道。”
“I went away before you were born, my boy,” said the old man.
“在你出生之前我就离开了,我的孩子,”老头说道.
“Look.” He took ten pieces of gold out of his bag, and put them into Aladdin's hands.
“拿着”他从钱袋里拿出了10枚金币交到阿拉丁的手中,
Go home to your mother and give this money to her.
回家把这些钱给你母亲,
Tell her about me, and say this:“Her husband's brother wants to meet her, and he is going to visit her tomorrow”
告诉她:”她丈夫的兄弟想来看她,他明天就会去。”
Ten pieces of gold is a lot of money and Aladdin was very happy.
10枚金币是很大一笔钱,阿拉丁很高兴。
He ran home quickly and gave the gold to his mother.
他飞快地跑回家中把金币交给母亲。
At first she was afraid. Where did you get this, Aladdin?
起初她很害怕。阿拉丁,你是从哪儿弄来的这些钱的?
Did you find it?
是捡来的吗?
It isn't our money. You must give it back.
这不是我们的钱,你必须还回去。
“But it is our money, Mother,” said Aladdin.
“但这确实是我们的钱啊,妈妈,”阿拉丁说。
My uncle, my father’s brother, gave the money to us.
这是我叔叔,我父亲的兄弟给咱们的钱。
Uncle Abanazar is coming to visit us tomorrow.
阿巴那扎尔叔叔明天会来看咱们。
“Who? You don't have an uncle Abanazar.”
“谁?你没有一个叫阿巴那扎尔的叔叔啊。”
“But he knows my name, and my father's name,”Aladdin said.
“但他知道我的名字,也知道我父亲的名字,”阿拉丁说。
And he gave ten pieces of gold to me.
他给我10枚金币。
He's very nice. You must make a good dinner for him.
他是一个非常好的人,你要好好地给他做顿饭。