You need some users to help with the feedback cycle.
企业需要相当数量的客户来建立客户反馈机制
But the way to get those users is manually.
但招揽客户的方式也是身体力行的
You should go recruit them by hand.
需要创业团队亲力亲为去招揽客户
Don't do things like buy Google ads in the early days to get initial users.
在创业初期,就在谷歌做广告来招揽客户是不可取的
You don't need very many.
创业初期并不需要太多客户
You just needs ones that will give you feedback every day and eventually love your product.
只需要能够每天给你客户反馈的顾客,这部分顾客最后会成为你产品的粉丝
So instead of trying to get them on Google AdWords,
不需要在大平台上做广告
just find a few people in the world that will be good users.
只需要找到能钟爱你产品的客户就可以了
Recruit them by hand.
可以身体力行去招揽顾客
Ben Silverman when everyone thought Pinterest was a joke,
开始每个人都觉得Pinterest(拼趣)的理念很荒谬
recruited the initial Pinterest users by tagging up strangers in coffee shops.
但创始人本·西尔弗曼就是靠在咖啡店跟喝咖啡的人搭话来招揽最初客户的
He really did. He just walked around
真的,他就是这么做的
Palo Alto and said will you please use my product.
他就在帕洛阿尔托(硅谷的中心)活动,让陌生人用Pinterest
He also used to run around the Apple store in Palo Alto.
他还去帕洛阿尔托的苹果零售店
And he would like set all the browsers to the Pinterest home page real quick
为什么他要去苹果零售店呢?在店员发现之前
before they caught him and kicked him out.
他会快速把店里电脑的首页改成Pinterest的主页
So then when people walked in there, they were like oh, what is this?
等顾客进来,发现首页变了,就会多看几眼
This is an important example of doing things that don't scale.
这是不按常理出牌的一个很好的例子
If you haven't read Paul Graham's essay on that topic you definitely should.
保罗·格雷厄姆有一篇文章专门讲这个,如果大家没读过,可以看一下
So get users manually and remember that the goal is to get a small group of them to love you.
大家应该身体力行地去招揽客户,最终要让他们爱上你的产品
Understand that group extremely well,
你必须非常理解这部分消费者
get extremely close into them, close to them,
必须深入了解他们
listen to them and you'll almost always find out that they're very willing to give you feedback.
倾听他们的反馈和想法,一般这样的顾客非常乐意给你提供反馈
Even if you're building the product for yourself,
就算你是在开发个人喜好的产品
listen to outside users and they'll tell you how to make a product they'll pay for.
你也要听一下其他用户的想法,顾客会告诉你,什么样的产品他们才乐意买
Do whatever you need to make them love you,
尽力让他们和你成为朋友
make you're doing, cuz they're also gonna be the advocates that help you get your next users.
一定要努力让他们成为你的忠实客户,因为你要靠他们,开辟更广大的市场
You wanna build an engine in the company that transforms feedback from users into product decisions
你要把来自用户的反馈用于产品决策中
then get it back in front of the users and then repeat.
把改善之后的产品再给顾客体验,这样循环
Ask them what they like and what they don't like, and watch them use it.
了解客户的喜好,了解客户对产品的不满,看他们是如何使用你的产品的
Ask them what they pay for.
调查清楚产品的哪一点吸引了这些客户
Ask them if they'd be really bummed if your company went away.
问问看如果你的产品不再生产,客户会不会失望
Ask them what would make them recommend the product to their friends.
问他们会不会把你的产品推荐给朋友
And ask them if they've recommended it to any yet.
问他们是不是已经给朋友介绍过了
You should make this feedback loop as tight as possible.
你的客户反馈环一定要紧凑
If your product gets 10% better every week, that compounds really, really quickly.
如果每周你的产品都能改进10%,你的产品就会进步很快
One of the great advantages of start, of software startups is just how short you can make the feedback loop.
关于开发软件有一个好处,就是反馈环非常小
It can go circle in hours, and the best companies usually have the tightest feedback loops.
可能几小时就能得到用户反馈了,越好的公司用户反馈环越紧凑
You should try to keep this going for all of your company's life.
你的公司要始终做到这一点
But it's really important in the early days.
在创业初期,这是尤其重要的
The good news is that all of this is doable.
好在这个过程是可以完成的
It's hard, it takes a lot of effort, but there's no magic.
确实,这个过程很麻烦,必须脚踏实地来
The plan is at least straight forward and you will eventually get to a great product.
至少你的方案是很简单的,最后产品也一定会很棒
Great founders don't put anyone between themselves and their users.
聪明的创业者会尽量贴近自己的顾客