手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:为什么要创业

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

So Sam asked me to talk about why you should start a startup.

山姆邀请我过来给大家介绍为什么要创业
There's a bunch of reasons you might have.
确实,创业理由可能有很多
And there's a bunch of common reasons that people have that I hear all the time for,
不过在我听过的众多理由中
for why you might start a startup.
有一些比较常见
It's important to know, like, what reason is yours.
大家一定要思考清楚自己创业的理由
Because some of them only make sense in, in certain contexts.
因为有一些理由,只适用于特殊情况
Some of them will actually like lead you astray.
有一些理由,是很偏颇的
You may have been misled by the way that
好莱坞的作品,还有各种媒体
Hollywood or the press likes to romanticize entrepreneurship.
倾向于把创业精神传奇化,这是会误导人的
So I wanna try and like illuminate you know,
我要做的就是
some of those potential fallacies, so you guys can, can make the decision in a clear way.
指出一些潜在的误区,这样,便于大家判断自己的情况
And then I'll talk about the, the reason I like best for actually starting a startup.
之后我再介绍我认为的创业的最佳理由

创业与企业发展

It's very related to a lot of what Sam just talked about

跟山姆刚才介绍过的内容相通
but surprisingly I don't think it's the most common reason
不过我认为,这不是最常见的理由
usually people have one of these other reasons or they just wanna start up, you know,
一般来说,人们创业的理由有很多,或者说,单纯就是想创业而已
start a company for the sake of starting a company.
为了开公司而开公司,就这么简单
So the, the four common reasons just to numerate them are it's glamorous.
我列了四个最常见的理由。第一,创业本身就吸引人
You know, you'll be, you'll get to be the boss.
其次,创业者就是老板
You'll have flexibility, especially over your schedule.
还有,有很大的灵活性,尤其是个人的时间安排
And you'll have the change to have, you know, bigger impact.
最后,你做的决定影响是很大的
And make more money than you'd, than you might by joining a later stage company.
开公司成功而赚的钱也比在大公司上班要多
So, okay, so uh, you know, you, you guys are probably pretty familiar with this concept.
好,这点应该不用我多说了
When I wrote the Medium post,
一年前
which a lot of you guys read a year ago uh,
我写了一篇帖子,
I felt like the story in the press was a, a little more unbalanced.
大家应该都读过,我觉得媒体刊发的创业故事,写的有点夸张了
You know, entrepreneurship just got romanticized quite a bit.
很多媒体都会把创业家精神传奇化
You know, the movie, The Social Network,
不知道大家看过电影《社交网络》没有
came out, had a lot of sort of like bad aspects of, of, you know, what it's like to be an entrepreneur.
这部电影介绍了创业中不尽人意的方面,介绍了创业者的生活
But mainly pa, sort of painted this picture of like.
但最主要的是向大家展示了这样的一幅创业场景
There's a lot of partying and you just
电影中展示了很多派对的场景
kinda move from like one brilliant insight to another brilliant insight um,
主人公的绝妙想法也是一个接着一个
and really made it, you know, seem like this, like really cool thing to do.
最后创业成功。电影展示了创业辉煌的一面
And I think the reality is just, you know, not quite so glamorous.
但实际上创业并不总是一帆风顺的
There's sort of a, there's an ugly side to being an entrepreneur and also just more importantly what,
成为企业家也有不尽人意的地方
what you're actually spending your time on is, is just a lot of hard work.
你要花费大量时间,非常辛苦地工作
Sam mentioned this, but you're basically just sitting at your desk heads down,
山姆也提到了这一点,你要埋头工作
focused answering customers, customer support, emails, doing sales, figuring out hard engineering problems.
回答客户的问题,提供客户支持,回复客户邮件,跑销售,解决各种棘手问题
So it's really important that you kind of like, go in with, with eyes wide open.
你在入行前就要清楚地意识到这些问题
And then also it's, it's really quite stressful.
这是非常累人的
This has been a popular topic in the press lately.
最近媒体也在讨论这个问题
The Economist actually ran a story just last week called like entrepreneurs anonymous,
上周《经济学家》杂志刚发了一篇文章叫无名创业者
and shows like a founder kinda like hiding under his desk and talking about like founder depression.
讲述一位创业者躲在桌下倍感抑郁
This is like a very real thing, like, you know, let's be real.
这种问题是很常见的,真的是这样

重点单词   查看全部解释    
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
depression [di'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沮丧,萧条

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
entrepreneur [.ɔntrəprə'nə:]

想一想再看

n. 企业家,主办者,承包商

联想记忆
stressful ['stresfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 紧张的,压力重的

 
brilliant ['briljənt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的
n. 宝石

联想记忆
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
anonymous [ə'nɔniməs]

想一想再看

adj. 匿名的,无名的,没特色的

联想记忆
medium ['mi:diəm]

想一想再看

n. 媒体,方法,媒介
adj. 适中的,中等

联想记忆
concept ['kɔnsept]

想一想再看

n. 概念,观念

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。