手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 呼啸山庄(第5级) > 正文

呼啸山庄(MP3+中英字幕) 第17期:凯瑟琳·欧肖认识了林顿一家(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

'I'm afraid you'll be punished for this,Heathcliff,'I said sadly.

“恐怕你会招来惩罚的,希斯克利夫,”我黯然说道。
And I was right.
我说的不错。
Hindley warned Heathcliff that he must never speak to Catherine again,or he would be sent away from Wuthering Heights,
亨德雷警告希斯克利夫再也不许和凯瑟琳说话,要不就把他撵出呼啸山庄,
and it was decided that Catherine would be taught to behave like a young lady.
还决定要管教凯瑟琳,让她言谈举止像个年轻淑女的样子。
She stayed with the Linton family at Thrushcross Grange for five weeks,until Christmas.
她在画眉山庄林顿家里住了五个礼拜,直到圣诞节。
By that time her leg was fine,and her manners were much better than before.
她腿好了以后,举止比以前规矩多了。
Frances Earn-shaw visited her often,bringing her pretty dresses to wear,and persuading her to take care of her appearance,
弗朗西丝·欧肖常去看她,给她带去漂亮衣服穿,劝说她要注意打扮,
so that when she finally came home after her long absence,she almost seemed a different person.
所以当久别的凯瑟琳终于回到家时,好像完全变了个人。
Instead of a wild,hatless girl,we saw a beautiful,carefully dressed young lady.
我们看到的是一个漂漂亮亮、穿戴留意的淑女,不再是那个毛手毛脚、帽子也不戴的小姑娘了。
When she had greeted all of us,she asked for Heathcliff.
跟我们大家打完招呼,她问起希斯克利夫。
'Come forward,Heathcliff!'called Hindley.
“过来,希斯克利夫!”亨德雷叫道。
'You may welcome Miss Catherine home,like the other servants.
“你可以像其他仆人一样欢迎凯瑟琳小姐回家。”
Heathcliff was used to being outside all day,and had not bothered to wash or change his clothes.
希斯克利夫成天在外面呆惯了,也不上心换洗自己的衣服。
His face and hands were black with dirt.
他的脸和双手黑黑的,沾满尘土。
In spite of this,Catherine was very glad to see him and rushed up to kiss him.
即使这样,凯瑟琳见了他还是很高兴,冲上去吻了他。
Then she laughed.
然后开怀笑了起来。
'How funny and black and cross you look!
“你看上去真好笑,那么黑,还闷闷不乐的!
But that's because I'm used to Edgar and Isabella,who are always so clean and tidy.
但那是因为我看惯了艾加和伊莎贝拉的缘故,他们总是干干净净、整整齐齐的。
Well,Heathcliff,have you forgotten me?'
唉,希斯克利夫,你把我忘了吗?”
But,ashamed and proud,the boy said nothing,until suddenly his feelings were too much for him.
但这孩子既觉得羞愧,又很自尊,什么都没说,直到最后他突然受不了了。
'I won't stay to be laughed at!'he cried,and was about to run away,when Catherine caught hold of his hand.
“我不在这儿让你们嘲笑我!”他叫道,正准备跑出去,凯瑟琳一把抓住了他。
'Why are you angry,Heathcliff?You…you just look a bit strange,that's all.You're so dirty!'
“怎么生气啦,希斯克利夫?你……你只不过看上去有点怪怪的,仅此而已。你真脏!”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tidy ['taidi]

想一想再看

adj. 整齐的,整洁的,相当大的
vt. 使

 
appearance [ə'piərəns]

想一想再看

n. 外表,外貌,出现,出场,露面

联想记忆
spite [spait]

想一想再看

n. 恶意,怨恨
vt. 刁难,伤害

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。