Being an outdoors person, I am camped by the river in an attractive spot at the foot of Trncy's Lane.
由于是一个离家在外的流浪者,我只好在河边特蕾西大道尽头处的一个很雅致的地方露营。
Would you care to go for a paddle with me in my canoe?
你愿意来和我一起泛舟吗?
How about tomorrow afternoon toward sundown, when the petty annoyances of the day are behind us and the river seems to flow more quietly in the long shadows of the willows?
你愿意明天下午日落时来那里,把我们一天中的烦恼全都抛开,只是与我共同欣赏着比日里更静的河水在长长的柳荫下流动的美景吗?
These tranquil spring evenings are designed by special architects for the enjoyment of boatmen.
这样宁静的春晚是特别为喜欢荡舟的人预备的。
I love the water, dear Miss Ames, and my canoe is like an old and trusted friend.
我爱河水,亲爱的埃姆斯小姐,我的独木舟就仿佛一个值得信赖的老朋友。
Stuart forgot, in the excitement of writing Harriet, that he did not own a canoe.
斯图亚特由于太激动,都忘了他根本没有什么独木舟了。
If you wish to accept my invitation, be at the river tomorrow about five o'clock.
如果你愿意接受我的邀请,请在明天下午五点准时在河边等我。
I shall await your arrival with all the eagerness I can muster.
我将用我所有的渴望来期盼您的莅临。
And now I must close this offensive letter and catch up with my affairs.
现在我得封上这无礼的信了,因为我还有别的事情要做。
Yours very truly, STUART LITTLE.
你真诚的朋友斯图亚特·利特尔