手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 多里安.格雷的画像(第3级) > 正文

多里安·格雷的画像(MP3+中英字幕) 第14期:糟糕的演出(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

When the play came to its painful end,Dorian went to see Sybil.

戏终于痛苦地结束了,多里安去看望西比尔。
'I wasn't a very good Juliet tonight,'she said,and looked at him with love in her eyes.
"今晚我没演好朱丽叶。"她说,用充满爱意的眼神看着多里安。
'You were terrible,'said Dorian coldly.'My friends were bored.
"你真糟糕。"多里安冷酷地说,"我的朋友觉得乏味,
I was bored.I suppose you were ill.'
我也觉得乏味,我想你可能病了。"
She did not seem to hear him.'Dorian,'she cried,
她似乎没听见他说的话。"多里安,"她高声说,
'before I knew you,the theatre was my only life.I thought that it was all true.
"在我认识你以前,剧院是我唯一的生活。我认为剧院演的都是真的。
I knew nothing but shadows,and I thought that they were real.
除了扮演的影子似的人物外我一无所知,我认为这些影子是真实的。
But you've taught me the difference between art and life.
可是你已经教会我如何区分艺术和生活的不同,当我现在知道什么是真正的爱的时候,
How can I pretend to be Juliet-to feel Juliet's love,when I know now what true love is?'
我怎么能装成是朱丽叶--感受朱丽叶的爱?"
Dorian turned his face away from her.
多里安转过脸,不再看她。
'But I loved you for your art-because you were a wonderful actress,'he said.
"可是我爱你是因为你的艺术--因为你曾是名出色的演员,"他说,
His voice was hard You have killed my love.
他的话很严厉。"你扼杀了我的爱。
Without your art,you are nothing.I never want to see you again.'
没有你的艺术,你就变得毫无价值。我再不想见到你。"
Sybil's face was white with fear.
西比尔的脸因恐惧变得苍白。
'You're not serious,are you,Dorian?'she asked.She touched his arm with her small,gentle hand.
"你不是当真的,是吗,多里安?"她问。她用小巧、柔软的手按着他的胳膊。
'Don't touch me!'he shouted angrily.
"别碰我!"他生气地喊。
He pushed her away,and she fell to the floor and lay there like a broken bird.
他一把推开她,她跌倒在地,像一只衰弱的小鸟倒在那里。
'Dorian,please don't leave me,'she cried.
"多里安,请别离开我。"她哭喊道,
'I love you better than anything in the world.Don't leave me!'
"我爱你甚过世界上的任何东西,别离开我!"
Dorian Gray looked down at her with his beautiful eyes.
多里安·格雷用漂亮的双眼俯视着她。
There was no love or gentleness in his face.'I'm going,'he said at last.
他的脸上没有爱或者温柔。"我要走了。"他最后说,
'I don't wish to be unkind,but I don't want to see you again.'Without another word he left her.
"我不想对你不好,但我不想再见到你。"他没有多说一句话就离她而去。
All night he walked through the streets of London.When morning came,he went home.
他在伦敦的街道上走了一夜,清晨才回家。
When he entered his house,he saw the portrait of himself that Basil Hallward had painted.
进屋后,他看见了巴兹尔·霍尔沃德给他画的肖像。
There was something different about it,he thought.The face had changed-there was something unkind,and cruel about the mouth.
画像有点不一样了,他想。脸变了--嘴显得不和善,而且有点残酷。
It was very strange.
真奇怪。
He picked up a mirror and looked at his own face,and then looked again at the face in the portrait.
他拿起一个镜子看着自己的脸,然后又看着画像中的脸。
Yes,it was different.What did this change mean?
是不同了,这种改变意味着什么呢?
Suddenly he remembered his wish in Basil Hallward's house…his wish that he could stay young,but the picture could grow old.
突然他记起了在巴兹尔·霍尔沃德家许的愿……他希望自己永远年轻,只是画像会变老。
The idea was impossible,of course.
这种想法当然是不可能的。
But why did the face in the picture have that cruel,unkind mouth?
可是为什么画像中的脸有那么一张残酷不仁慈的嘴呢?
Cruel!Had he been cruel to Sybil Vane?
残酷!他对西比尔·文残酷了吗?
He remembered her white,unhappy face as she lay at his feet.
他想起了西比尔倒在他脚下时的那张苍白、痛苦的脸。
But she had hurt him,too.No,Sybil Vane was nothing to him now.
但是她也伤害了他呀。不,西比尔·文现在对他毫无价值了。
But the picture watched him,with its beautiful face and its cruel smile.
但是画像在注视他,面孔漂亮,笑容却很冷酷。
It had taught him to love his own beauty.
画像教会了他去爱自己的美貌,
Would it also teach him to hate his own heart,his own soul?
它也将教他恨自己的心、自己的灵魂吗?
No,he would go back to Sybil Vane.He would marry her,try to love her again.
不,他要回到西比尔·文那里。他要娶她,要努力再去爱她。
Poor child!How cruel he had been to her!They would be happy together.
可怜的孩子!他曾对她是多么的残酷!他们在一起会幸福的。
He covered the picture and quickly left the room.
他遮上画像迅速离开了那个房间。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
portrait ['pɔ:trit]

想一想再看

n. 肖像,画像
adj. (文件页面)

联想记忆
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的

 
gentleness

想一想再看

n. 温顺;亲切;高贵;彬彬有礼

 
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
unhappy [ʌn'hæpi]

想一想再看

adj. 不快乐的,不高兴的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。