T-tax collector for the Western Reserve, it Th-that pays handsomely.
他是西部保留地的收税员 收入颇丰
Don't just reach for the highest branches,they sway in every breeze.
不要只盯着高层 他们是墙头草
Assistant Port Inspector of Marlston looks like the ticket to me.
要我看 马尔斯顿的助理港口稽查员 有戏
Uh, boats, they-they make me sick.So just stand on the dock.
船让我恶心 那就站在码头上
Let the Assistant Assistant Port Inspector's stomach go weak.
让助理港口稽查员饿饿肚子
And lastly, Democratic yes vote number six. Hawkins from Ohio.
最后 民主党员第六张赞成票 俄亥俄的霍金斯
Six. Well, thus far.Plus Graylor's abstention.
六票 目前是 加上格瑞勒的弃权票
From tiny acorns and so on.What'd Hawkins get?
积少成多 霍金斯得了什么位子
Postmaster of the Millersburg Post Office.
米勒斯堡邮政局的所长
He's selling himself cheap, ain't he?
他还挺好收买的 是吧
Aye, he wanted tax collector of the Western Reserve,
没错 一个初当议员 搞不定改选的人
a first-term congressman who couldn't manage reelection,
想当西部保留地的收税员
I felt it unseemly and they bargained him down to Postmaster.
我觉得不合适 他们把价压到所长
Scatter 'em over several rounds of appointments, so no one notices,and burn this ledger, please, after you're done.
把任命分散进行 以免引人注意 事成后请烧掉账目
Time for my public opinion bath.Might as well let 'em in.
到了我的共和观点受洗之时了 不然让他们也加入吧
Seven yeses with Mr. Ellis. Thirteen to go.
埃利斯先生的7票 还差13票
One last item, an absurdity, but My associates report that among the Representatives,
最后一项 一个荒谬但 我的伙伴说代表中
a fantastical rumor's bruited about,which I immediately disavowed,
流传着一个奇异的传闻 你让老眼昏花的普雷斯顿·布莱尔
that you'd allowed bleary old Preston Blair to sojourn to Richmond to invite Jeff Davis to send commissioners up to Washington with a peace plan.
去里士满邀请杰夫·戴维斯 派行政长官 到华盛顿来和平谈判 我即刻否认了