You drafted half the men in Boston.
你在波士顿征了一半的人当兵
What do you think their families think about me?
他们的家人会怎么看待我
The only reason they don't throw things and spit on me is 'cause you're so popular.
他们没有对我扔东西吐口水 只是因为你受人爱戴
I can't concentrate on British mercantile law,I don't care about British mercantile law.
我无法专心学习英国商业法 我不关心什么英国商业法
I might not even want to be a lawyer.
我都不想成为律师
It's a sturdy profession,and a useful one.
这是个铁饭碗 还能让你成为有用之人
Yes, and I want to be useful, but now, not afterwards.
我现在就想成为有用的人 不是等以后
I ain't wearing them things, Mr. Slade,they never fit right.
我可不戴这个 斯莱德先生 他们从来不搭
The Mrs. will have you wear 'em. Don't think about leaving 'em.
太太想让你戴上它们 别想丢下它
You're delaying, that's your favorite tactic.
你在推脱 这是你最喜欢的手段
You won't tell me no,but the war will be over in a month, and you know it will.
你嘴上不说 但是战争一个月内就会结束 你知道的
I've found that prophesying is one of life's less prophet-able occupations.
我觉得预言本身 往往就是最难被预言的事情
Why do some slaves cost more than others?
为什么有的黑奴比其他的贵
Ah, if they're still young and healthy,if the women can still conceive, they'll pay more.
那些还年轻健康的 或者能怀孕的女人 就贵一些
Put 'em back in the box, you scoundrel.
把它放回盒子里去 小坏蛋
We'll return them to Mr. Gardner's studio day after next.
我们后天要还到 加德纳先生的工作室去
Be careful with 'em, now.These things should've stayed on the calf.
小心一点 这手套就不该造出来
When you were a slave, Mr. Slade,did they beat you?
斯莱德先生 您还是奴隶时 有人打你吗
I was born a free man.
我生下来就是自由人
Nobody beat me except I beat them right back.
有人打我我会立刻还手的
Mr. Lincoln, could you come with me Mrs. Keckley was a slave.
林肯先生 你能跟我来吗 凯克莉女士曾是奴隶
Ask her if she was beaten.Were you? Tad.
问问她被打过吗 你被打过吗 泰德