The past is the past, it's a new year now,and we are all getting along, or so they tell me.
过去就让它过去吧 新的一年到了 听说我们相处得还不错
I gather we are working together.The White House and the other House,hatching little plans together.
我们要同心协力 白宫和其他机构 共同出谋划策
Mother? What?You're creating a bottleneck.Oh, I'm detaining you.
母亲 怎么了 人都堵在这了 我耽搁您太久了
And more importantly, the people behind you.
或者说 我耽搁您身后的人们太久了
How the people love my husband,they flock to see him by their thousands on public days.
人民爱戴我的丈夫 他们成群结队在公众日来看他
They will never love you the way they love him.
他们永远不会像爱他一样爱您
How difficult it must be for you to know that.
知道这些您一定很难受
And yet how important to remember it.
但是记住这些也很重要
Since we have the floor next in the debate,I thought I'd suggest you might
明天的辩论中轮到我们发言 我建议你或许
temper your contributions so as not to frighten our conservative friends?
缓和一下你的脾气 免得吓到了保守派的朋友们
Ashley insists you're ensuring approval by dispensing patronage to otherwise undeserving Democrats.
阿什利说你在收买边缘的民主党人 来保证修正案通过
I can't ensure a single damn thing if you scare the whole House with talk of land appropriations,
如果你要用土地挪用 革命审判和惩罚 吓唬整个议会的话
revolutionary tribunals, punitive When the war ends, I intend to push for full equality,the Negro vote, and much more.
我就什么都保证不了了 等战争结束 我想争取完全的平等 赋予黑人选举权 当然远不只如此
Congress shall mandate the seizure of every foot of rebel land and every dollar of their property.
国会将收复每一寸叛军土地 和他们的所有财产