Perhaps you push too hard.I push nobody.
你可能太过强硬 我一点也没有
Perhaps we need reinforcements.
也许我们需要后援
If Jeff Davis wants to cease hostilities,who do you think'll give a genuine solid shit to free slaves?
如果杰夫·戴维斯要来和谈 还有谁真的关心解放黑奴
Get back to it.And gentlemen, good day.We are at an impasse.
回去工作吧 先生们 再会 我们死路一条了
Tell Lincoln to deny the rumors. Publicly.
让林肯去公开地否认谣言
Tell us what you expect of us.I expect you to do your work.
你指望我们干什么 我指望你们去工作
And to have sufficient sense and taste not to presume to instruct the President.
要有健全的感觉和品味 不要试图对总统指手画脚
Or me.Is there a Confederate offer or not?
或是对我 到底有没有和谈
Gentlemen,I suggest you work some changes to your proposal before you give it to the President.
先生们 我建议你们在把提议交给总统前 能够做一些修改
We're eager to be on our way to Washington.
我们急着返回华盛顿
Did Mr. Lincoln tell you to tell us this?
林肯先生派你来就是告诉我们这些的吗
It says securing peace for our two countries.And it goes on like that.
上面说 为两国谋求和平 后文也是这样
I don't know what you,There's just one country.
不知道你是说 只有一个国家
And you and I, we're citizens of that country.
而你和我 我们都是这个国家的公民
I'm fighting to protect it from armed rebels.From you.
我为了从武装叛军手中保卫她而战 也就是你们
Mr. Blair, he told us,he told President Davis we were
布莱尔先生告诉我们 他跟戴维斯总统说我们
A private citizen like Preston Blair can say what he pleases since he has no authority over anything.
公民普雷斯顿·布莱尔可以随意信口开河 因为他没有任何权利