This is precisely what Mr. Wood wishes me to respond to?
伍德先生想让我对这一点作出回应吗
Word for word, this is precisely the assurance that he demands of me?
是一字不差吗 他就是想让我 保证这一点吗
Yes, sir.Give this to Mr. Ashley.
是的 先生 交给阿什利先生
I feel, um, I have to say, Mr. Lincoln, that this,Could you please just step outside.
我觉得 我得说 林肯先生 这 你能先出去吗
You gonna have a chat now,with the whole of the House of Representatives waiting on that?
你们还想聊天 一屋子的众议院代表可都在等这张字条
Making false representation to Congress is,It's, it's It's impeachable.
向国会做虚假陈述是会 会 会被弹劾
I've made no such false representation.But there are.
但我并没有做虚假陈述 但确实有
There is a delegation from Richmond.Give me the note, Johnnie.
确实有里士满来的代表团 把字条给我 约翰尼
Please deliver that to Mr. Ashley.
请把这个交给阿什利先生
From the President:So far as I know, there are no peace commissioners in the city nor are there likely to be.
总统手信 据我所知 这座城市里并没有特使团 之后也不可能有
So far as I know.That means nothing.
据我所知 这根本是废话
Are there commissioners from the South or aren't there.
到底有没有南方来的特使团
The President has answered you, sir.Your peace offer is a fiction.
总统已经答复你了 先生 你的和平提议是个谎言
That is not a denial.It is a lawyer's dodge.
这不是否认 是玩文字游戏
Mr. Haddam, is your faction satisfied?
哈德姆先生 你这一派满意了吗
The conservative Republican faction's satisfied,and we thank Mr. Lincoln.
保守共和党一派满意了 我们感谢林肯先生
I move to table Mr. Wood's motion.Tabled.
我提议搁置伍德先生的建议 已搁置